PDA

View Full Version : Don Felder to do some dates with Peter Frampton

VAisForEagleLovers
05-10-2013, 07:49 PM
The article says he'll be a Special Guest on some dates, but doesn't say what dates. I'm sure he'll put it on Facebook sooner or later and then we can post in the Tour thread.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/118579/Peter-Frampton%27s-Guitar-Circus-Confirmed

sodascouts
05-10-2013, 07:52 PM
I always get so confused by terminology - "special guest" as in opening act, or as someone who will play on a few songs?

BTW, the article states that "Frampton will sell recordings of each show in digital formats." How awesome! I would love it if all my fave artists did that. Imagine always having a professional recording of your show to remember it forever!

I hope he comes near me!

Freypower
05-10-2013, 07:56 PM
I always get so confused by terminology - "special guest" as in opening act, or as someone who will play on a few songs?

BTW, the article states that "Frampton will sell recordings of each show in digital formats." How awesome! I would love it if all my fave artists did that. Imagine always having a professional recording of your show to remember it forever!

I hope he comes near me!

I have said before that to me 'special guest' means opening act.

When I first saw this I thought it meant Don Henley. It should be clarified that it's Don Felder.

Prettymaid
05-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Oh! I didn't read it. I thought it was Don Henley, too.

sodascouts
05-10-2013, 08:07 PM
The reason it wasn't clarified initially was because it was in the Don Felder forum and thus obvious. I moved it, and I'm sorry I didn't think to clarify it when I did so. However, I've now changed the thread title to avoid confusion. My apologies!

zeldabjr
05-10-2013, 09:32 PM
he's coming near me but I want to see Kenny Wayne Shepherd and looks like he's only doing the west coast...although I think KWS is doing a show of his own at the Paramount this summer...hmm?

Tiffanny Twisted
05-11-2013, 10:04 AM

I hope he comes near me!

sell the recordings sounds like the "show to go" that Daryl Hall and John Oates did of their shows in 2008??? not sure of the date. Now I have an actuall recording of the concert that JAHH and I attended and it only was 20bucks. kinda like an authorized bootleg by the band.lol:hilarious:

Topkat
06-08-2013, 10:29 AM
I have said before that to me 'special guest' means opening act.

When I first saw this I thought it meant Don Henley. It should be clarified that it's Don Felder.

I don't think Felder is going to be an opening act for this Frampton tour, as there are several guitar players on the bill. There are also going to be different players at different venues...I think it's going to be more like Ringo's All Star Band, with the guys all playing together on the stage...I'm not sure, but that's what it sounds like to me, because BB King will also be at some shows, as well as others.

I still may go to this NY show, but that depends on what the Eagles trip to Denver is going to cost me......

sodascouts
06-18-2013, 02:11 AM
The shows are coming up available for purchase!

http://www.fizzkicks.com/peterframpton/