PDA

View Full Version : Hello from England

JoeFan
07-04-2007, 02:13 PM
I think if I'm going to become a semi-regular poster I should give a few details about myself.

My name is Bridget and I am in my late twenties. I live in East London, but when I was a teen my family lived in Ohio for three years, and my father is from there. Joe is my favourite Eagle, obviously. My father got me interested in him. He has been a fan since the James Gang days, and he saw them perform several times early on. My favourite Joe song is Help Me Thru the Night, it's absolutely lovely. That's enough information for now, I suppose.

glenneaglesfan
07-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Joefan, thank you for introducing yourself. I'm this side of the Pond as well. I live near Plymouth. My husband's parents used to live in Catford, but are now in Orpington, so we are well used to the trip up the M5 & M4. I love JW, particularly after seeing him live last year, but haven't yet got much solo work. When I met my husband in 1984 he had But Seriously Folks - that was my first introduction. I didn't realise he'd joined the Eagles until two years ago. :blush:
Just tonight, Rocky Mountain Way was played on Planet Rock, and I was made up!

sodascouts
07-04-2007, 05:45 PM
Welcome, JoeFan! Thanks for introducing yourself. My father is also from Ohio. His hometown is North Lewisberg, a little one-horse town about 45 minutes from Columbus. He never was interested in the James Gang, though! His thing is big band music. Did you make it to the London shows last year? I was vacationing in the UK at the time and managed to go to both.

Freypower
07-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Welcome to The Border, JF. The more the merrier.

timfan
07-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Hi Joefan!! Hope you are enjoying The Border. I also was in London last summer. It was great to visit London (my mother was born in England) and seeing two Eagles concerts wasn't bad either! :D

Ive always been a dreamer
07-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Well JF, let me officially welcome you too. It's great to have another diehard Joe fan on the board. You gotta love that man! Hope you are enjoying yourself here on The Border and will stick around for some more fun. Let me also make a shameless plug for JoeWalshOnline. Although it's still under construction, it's worth checking it out because Soda is making some great progress with the site. :)

DonFan
07-05-2007, 12:07 AM
From DonFan to JoeFan, welcome! We are glad you are here!

Marco
07-05-2007, 03:26 AM
Welcome Joefan, I'm Marco and my favourite Eagle is Don :lol:
I'm glad that You like Joe, my favorite song of Joe is Pretty Maids,
What You think of this song?

Mrs Frey
07-05-2007, 06:25 AM
An official welcome from me, too, JF! :yay: It's great to have you here with us, immersing yourself in all our Eagles love :heart:. Of course, I am a Glenn :heart: fan - he is just wonderful... :smitten:, and I am completely in love with him... :inlove: But occasionally, just occasionally, when I can tear my eyes away from Glenn :heart: long enough :wink:, I check out the other members of the band, and boy, Joe sure is an exceptional musician :thumbsup:.

As you may have seen, I've only been an Eagles fanatic for four months (well, it will be 5 on 11 July :wink: ), although I've actually been listening to their "Greatest Hits" volumes since 2004. It was seeing HFO for the first time that caused me to become so enthusiastic about them. I haven't heard any of Joe's solo albums, although I do enjoy the songs he does of his own with the Eagles. I think it's really wonderful that we have so many younger members on this site, i.e. those not old enough (such as myself) to have been around when they first hit the big time. The boys would be very chuffed, I think! :D

JoeFan
07-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Thank you for the welcome, everyone. I am glad I posted some details.

glenneaglesfan, I've been to your area a few times, it's gorgeous and a nice getaway for minibreaks since it's not too far.

SodaScouts, I've never heard of North Lewisberg but it sounds as if few people have. Anyway it was a long time ago that I lived there. I did go to the shows in London, even though I hate going to Twickers because it's so difficult to get out of there after an event. They were excellent. I saw their show in 2001 too, also fabulous.

Ive always been a dreamer, I have visited joewalshonline.com when I saw the link. I refreshed the page again and again to see the different photos, impressive. Can't wait to see it when it's done.

Marcox, Pretty Maids All In A Row is another song I think is lovely, wish Joe would do more ballads live as he did for Hell Freezes Over. I've that concert as well, so I have seen it, Mrs. Frey. Glenn was quite handsome, I'll grant you, as were all of them.

janisjoplin
07-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Hiya JoeFan - I'm pretty new to this board as well.

I'm a little bit south of you on the island of Jersey - my mum parents were from Plumstead and Woolwich and came to live in Jersey after the 2nd World War.

I was actually born in Germany and have lived in various countries - army brat, don't you know *cackle* :P

JoeFan
07-06-2007, 03:45 AM
Thanks janisjoplin, seems this is quite the international board.

Testing out my signature too, hope it works...

JoeFan
07-06-2007, 03:49 AM
Ah, happy to see it works.

Sexy Girl
07-06-2007, 04:04 AM
A very late welcome from me too, Bridget :D

glenneaglesfan
07-06-2007, 12:21 PM

Congratulations on the signature, JoeFan!

You are right about the international flavour. I think we now have regular members from the USA, Canada, Mexico (thanks thelongrun!), Australia, South Africa, Germany, Switzerland, Ireland, Jersey and the UK. That's four continents. We just need someone from Japan to join to help translate the article RG and I have collected! :wink:

sodascouts
07-06-2007, 01:33 PM

Congratulations on the signature, JoeFan!

You are right about the international flavour. I think we now have regular members from the USA, Canada, Mexico (thanks thelongrun!), Australia, South Africa, Germany, Switzerland, Ireland, Jersey and the UK. That's four continents. We just need someone from Japan to join to help translate the article RG and I have collected! :wink:

And it's a delight to have so many. Like you, I'm eager for a Japanese member - I'm still trying to get one of my articles translated. The friend that I requested translate it ran out of time - understandable since she was finalizing her dissertation.

SweetHolly
07-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Welcome! :D

Brooke
07-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Welcome from me, too, JoeFan! I thought I had already said so, but it's not there, so I guess I didn't! Anyways, glad to have ya!

Randy's Girl
07-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Welcome from me too! Hope you enjoy it as much as we all do!

Glennsallnighter
07-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi Bridget, my name is Lisa and I'm from Dublin in Ireland, not a million miles away from you! Its great to have another person from this corner of the world on the board, so may I give you a hearty Cead Mile Failte (pronounced cayd meela fawlcha and the Irish for welcome!). As you've probably guessed from my username Glenn :heart: is my favourite Eagle. Like MF I am totally in love :inlove: with him ever since the night I saw him play in Dublin last year. However I like Joe too and think he's one of the best guitarists I have ever heard play. Hope you have fun here :D

EasyFeeling
07-07-2007, 06:59 AM
Hello from Germany, Bridget. http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/froehlich/a010.gif

JoeFan
07-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Thanks again, I appreciate the warm welcome.

janisjoplin
07-07-2007, 06:05 PM
We just need someone from Japan to join to help translate the article RG and I have collected! :wink:

I'll volunteer to go and live in Japan - mmmm, hold on, strike that - it's too crowded for me :nervous:

freyfantastic61
03-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Hi everybody!

I have been a fan of The Eagles since the 70's and my favourite is Glenn Frey (as you can probably guess! )
My daughter found this site for me and I thought it would be fun to join and be among other Eagle fanatics!
freyfantastic61!
x

Brooke
03-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Welcome ff61! Glad you found us! :D

DonFan
03-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Hello FF61!
I have also been a fan of the Eagles since the 70s, but my favorite has always been Don.
Glad you found us, and welcome!

Freypower
03-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Welcome FF, from another Frey Fanatic. Have fun!

EasyFeeling
03-05-2008, 03:53 AM
Welcome to the board, :D FF.

Mrs Frey
03-05-2008, 06:25 AM
Welcome to The Border, FF61! :yay: :D It's great to have you here with us. I hope you have a wonderful time sharing your love of the Eagles and especially Glenn :heart: with us.

I wish I could say that I've been a fan of the boys since the '70s, but I was only born in the '70s! I've been listening to their music since towards the end of 2004, but fell in love with them (and more specifically, Glenn :heart: !) on 11 February 2007, when I saw "Hell Freezes Over" for the first time. When Glenn :heart: sang "The Girl From Yesterday", that was pretty much it for me. I lost my heart, and I will never find it again... :sigh: :wink:

Have you seen the Eagles or Glenn :heart: live in concert? The boys have never visited South Africa, but I'm privileged enough to be able to go to the first concert of their LROOE tour (with my dear friends Glennsallnighter and glenneaglesfan, from whom you will hear soon, I'm sure!) on 20 March. It's two weeks away, and I can scarcely believe it! I'm so excited I can barely think of anything else! I've saved and sacrificed for this for a year, and now it's finally happening. WOW!!!

If you have any Eagles-related stories, please share them with us!

glenneaglesfan
03-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Welcome from me too, freyfantastic! It's great to have another UK fan on the Border! I'm in the South West, and getting very excited about seeing my favourite band in a couple of weeks time. Like you, I've been a fan since the 70s, but had a reawakening over two years ago when I suddenly realised a) that they were still around and b) that they are a gorgeous bunch of men, especially that Mr Frey! I've since seen them live three times on their 2006 tour, and can't wait until 20 March, when I shall be meeting my fellow fans Mrs Frey and Glennsallnighter!

I hope you can stick around and have a lot of fun here!

freyfantastic61
03-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Welcome from me too, freyfantastic! It's great to have another UK fan on the Border! I'm in the South West, and getting very excited about seeing my favourite band in a couple of weeks time. Like you, I've been a fan since the 70s, but had a reawakening over two years ago when I suddenly realised a) that they were still around and b) that they are a gorgeous bunch of men, especially that Mr Frey! I've since seen them live three times on their 2006 tour, and can't wait until 20 March, when I shall be meeting my fellow fans Mrs Frey and Glennsallnighter!

I hope you can stick around and have a lot of fun here!

HI everybody! I've worked out I was about 12-13yrs when I first loved the guys and like you gleneaglesfan I have also re-discovered them.Eagles songs are always played on the local radio stations anyway but it was the fantastic announcement of their new album that got me all fired up!! :) I also saw then on BBC1 -just Glenn & Joe who at that time were quite secretive about whether they would be touring!!My 3 children bought me LROOE for xmas and I haven't stopped playing it and I am SO excited about the 26th.I would've loved to say hi to other members especially where we come from so many different countries!!
Love FF61 ps How do I obtain an avatar and signature?? :?

Ive always been a dreamer
03-10-2008, 04:55 PM
I’ll try to help you with posting avatars and signatures, ff61.

First of all, to post a signature, go to your profile and type in the text that you want in the 'Signature:' field.

Posting images, including avatars, signature banners, and photos is a little bit more difficult because you can’t post an image directly from your computer. The image must be stored on a server. There are two main ways to post images on the board.

1. Copy the image link from websites related to this message board such as EaglesOnlineCentral (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com) or the websites for each of the individual band members (past and present). If you go to any of our hub websites including EaglesOnlineCentral.com or any of the member sites, there are images in the Photo Gallery section of each site. In addition, in the Downloads section of every site, there are ready made avatars and signature banners. If you want to post any of these images, you can copy the link, and paste it where you want the image to display. However, in order for the image to properly display, it must have what we call ‘image tags’ surrounding the image file. You can insert the image tags by manually typing them immediately before and after the file name. The first tag is typed as before the file name, and the second tag is typed as after the file name. For example, if the link to your image file is http://image/glennfreyonline.jpg - you must type before the link and after the link in order for it to display. Do not use any spaces.

2. Use an image hosting server such as Photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com) to upload your own photos from your pc. This is a free service and rather easy to use, but you have to set up an account, and then upload your image files to the Photobucket server. Once your images are uploaded, all you have to do is copy the image link in Photobucket, and paste it in your post. The image tags will automatically be inserted. One last thing - if you want to display an avatar, go to your profile, and paste the link in the ‘UploadAvatar from a URL:’ field in the Avatar control panel.

This probably sounds complicated, but it’s really not too hard once you get the hang of it. Let me know if you can’t figure it out, and I’ll try to help you out. If anyone else has a simplier way of explaining this, please feel free to jump in here.

glenneaglesfan
03-10-2008, 05:24 PM
HI everybody! I've worked out I was about 12-13yrs when I first loved the guys and like you gleneaglesfan I have also re-discovered them.Eagles songs are always played on the local radio stations anyway but it was the fantastic announcement of their new album that got me all fired up!! :) I also saw then on BBC1 -just Glenn & Joe who at that time were quite secretive about whether they would be touring!!My 3 children bought me LROOE for xmas and I haven't stopped playing it and I am SO excited about the 26th.I would've loved to say hi to other members especially where we come from so many different countries!!

Was it the One Show where you saw Glenn and Joe? It was such an amazing moment for me when I turned the telly on by chance and heard the announcer say that the Eagles would be featuring! I just had the self control to set the Sky box up to record it. I've sent a copy to Soda so the programme is up on Glennfreyonline if you ever want to see it again.

I love LROOE as well. I had quite a wait to get it as I'd ordered the deluxe version from Amazon and there was a problem with the packaging. In the meantime, Soda had very kindly ordered the t-shirt and cd package from the official website for me, and in the end both arrived within a couple of days of each other.

Your children have good taste, ff61! My two boys have given up trying to buy me Eagles stuff as they know I'll have it already, but I got some well chosen cds for Christmas - Springsteen, Paul Simon and Genesis.

Glennsallnighter
03-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Welcome from me too FF61. Like the others I was always familiar with a lot of the Eagles music in the late 70's and very early 80's and also some of Glenn :heart: and Don's solo work in the 80's. I learned to play quite a few Eagles hits on my guitar and keyboard. But it took a concert on 11 June 2006 when they played in Dublin to really bowl me over. Actually it was Glenn :heart: Frey who bowled me over, and I haven't gotten up since! :inlove: I can't wait to see the boys live in London either and to meet my friends GEF and MF. Its such a pity you are not going that night as well!

'Its gonna be a good night ladies and gentlemen'

May I also say that your kids have impeccable taste! Between the Christmas present and your daughter finding this site.

sodascouts
03-10-2008, 08:27 PM
I also wanted to say that Maleah has made some great signature photo banners if you'd like to look at them here - you can use any you like:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/maleah.htm

And there are pre-made avatars on all the sides in the "download" section. Here's the one for Glenn:

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/downloads/avatars.htm

You can just copy and paste the URL of the image into the "Link to off-site avatar" option on your profile for avatars (it's at the bottom). You can also upload your own avatar from your computer using the "Browse" at the bottom and selecting the file. We ask that those be no wider than 150 px and no taller than 200 px, but otherwise, go nuts! ;)

freyfantastic61
03-11-2008, 03:40 PM
:D Hi thankyou for all the help I think I done ok with a bit of assistance from my daughter! I received my tickets today-didn't quite believe I had the 5th row until I read it on the tickets! :spin: So I have now starting counting down until 26th.I am staying with my mate in London so we'll travel over to the O2 together.Actually been there 2x last year-one to see Justin Timberlake with my 17yr daughter and then again to see Keane with my younger daughter where we had a one to one meet with the guys backstage which was fantastic!!
Just wondered having never been before what kind of dress code do you wear for the Eagles?? Hope that doesn't sound silly :blush: luv FF61

glenneaglesfan
03-11-2008, 04:29 PM
FF61, first of all, let me congratulate on your avatar. As you see from my sig, I love that picture. 5th row - I'm jealous -I'm in 6th! When I started with Eagles fanaticism two years ago I went from 17th row in Dublin, to 20th in Wembley, and finally 10th in Cardiff. Cost me a mortgage, but well worth it

BTW, my husband is a Keane fan!! He'd have loved that show you went to.

Glennsallnighter
03-11-2008, 05:35 PM
We nearly did a whole thread on 'What to Wear' over on the London section of the LROOE topic. I think the general idea is a light coloured top as its easier for the boys to see light tops (The strappier the better :wink: ). Then perhaps jeans. I bought a new pair of Jeans today which I intend wearing but am still in search of the elusive top. I saw a cream one in Monsoon the other day but they had every size but mine :evil: :evil: . I'm still hoping they get more stock in soon but I'm running out of time! I'll also probably wear a trench coat or jacket, but am not sure yet.

Hope that helps.

Mrs Frey
03-12-2008, 07:39 AM
:D Hi thankyou for all the help I think I done ok with a bit of assistance from my daughter! I received my tickets today-didn't quite believe I had the 5th row until I read it on the tickets! :spin: So I have now starting counting down until 26th.I am staying with my mate in London so we'll travel over to the O2 together.Actually been there 2x last year-one to see Justin Timberlake with my 17yr daughter and then again to see Keane with my younger daughter where we had a one to one meet with the guys backstage which was fantastic!!
Just wondered having never been before what kind of dress code do you wear for the Eagles?? Hope that doesn't sound silly :blush: luv FF61

Wow, FF61! 5th row is fantastic! :D I can imagine how excited you are. I can't believe I'm flying to London next Tuesday! :spin: It's my first time overseas, and only my second time on a plane :shock:, so all I can hope for is that everything will go okay. GA and I got the ILAA 5-star VIP tickets, but unfortunately we don't know yet where we'll be sitting. We're hoping for front row, of course! :pray: :pray: We want Glenn :heart: to perspire on us! :blush: :wink:

It sounds as though you've attended some exciting concerts! The backstage pass at the Keane concert must have been such a thrill for you and your daughter.

Regarding dress code (and you do NOT sound silly!), I'm going for the glamorous option, as I really want to impress Sugar (our pet name for Glenn :heart:) if his eyes happen to fall on this humble Capetonian :wink:. Anyway, whatever you decide to wear, I'm sure you will look great!

glenneaglesfan
03-12-2008, 04:32 PM
FF61, as for dress code for the Eagles, most people wear casual - jeans and maybe an Eagles t-shirt. I'd normally have worn one of my Glenn solo shirts, but I have to keep up with these smart youngsters (GA and MF :wink: ), so am wearing a pretty checked blouse over a pink sleeveless top. Believe me, neither pink or sleeveless are really me, so that blouse will stay in place!!

Mrs Frey
03-13-2008, 02:43 AM
FF61, as for dress code for the Eagles, most people wear casual - jeans and maybe an Eagles t-shirt. I'd normally have worn one of my Glenn solo shirts, but I have to keep up with these smart youngsters (GA and MF :wink: ), so am wearing a pretty checked blouse over a pink sleeveless top. Believe me, neither pink or sleeveless are really me, so that blouse will stay in place!!

LOL, GEF! I do try! :wink: I know you're going to look fantastic. That pink sleeveless top will definitely catch Sugar's eye! :wink:

Glennsallnighter
03-14-2008, 07:03 PM

I'm sure you'll look fantastic GEF! I've abandoned getting the top I've been chasing in Monsoon but have bought 2 different ones. I might try to make myself and Timtot some Timmy and Glenn :heart: shirts for the plane in the hope of linking up with other fans on the way over.