PDA

View Full Version : Arnhem (Netherlands) 07-18-2009

wasl89
05-13-2013, 12:54 PM
My first Eagles concert was in Arnhem at a place called the Gelredome. I went there with a very good friend of mine who told me that the Eagles were performing in Holland (didn’t know that at the time). So we both bought the tickets and went. It was truly a night to remember and I’ll never ever forget it.
Everybody was waiting for the show to start at 9 pm. First Paul Carrack played a few songs, never heard of the guy before but he rocked! After that they prepared the stage for the Eagles. Their first song (How Long) blew the ceiling of the Gelredome: just awesome!
When they started playing Take It to the Limit my ears melted, but it was weird to hear Glenn sing it, I kind of got used to the high voice of Randy. The introduction of Hotel California was amazing and everybody around me started screaming (never knew guys could scream that loud!). The most fun part was the introduction of all the band members, one of them was Dutch saxophone player. The entire place cheered to that guy. Let's hope the guys find their way to Holland again...!

I’ve got one reminder of a great concert at home:
http://weekendward.nl/Ticket_Eagles.jpg
Site with about 9 photos:
http://www.gelderlander.nl/regio/arnhem/the-eagles-in-gelredome-ruim-30-000-bezoekers-1.2913939

Set list:
How Long
I Don’t Want to Hear Anymore
Guilty of the Crime
Take It to the Limit
Hotel California
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can’t Tell You Why
Witchy Woman
Lyin’ Eyes
One of These Nights
Walk Away
The Boys of Summer
In the City
The Long Run
Life’s Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Funk #49
Heartache Tonight
Life In the Fast Lane
Take It Easy
Desperado

Prettymaid
05-13-2013, 02:52 PM
That's great wasl. Thanks for your review and the link!

sodascouts
05-13-2013, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the review! There's a thread dedicated to this show here:
https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1851

Glennsallnighter
05-22-2013, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the review. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Myself and my daughter were at the Belfast concert of the Europen leg and few weeks earlier, and the whole family went in Dublin.

Those were the days.........

I hope they make a European stop on the new tour!

Houston Debutante
05-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Thanks for writing all that out, sounds like a great show.

Nice photos, cool to see their private plane too.

wasl89
05-22-2013, 05:21 PM

I hope so too! Can't wait to see them again!

Nice photos, cool to see their private plane too.

Never knew they had a private plane before I saw the photos :p

StephUK
05-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the review. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Myself and my daughter were at the Belfast concert of the Europen leg and few weeks earlier, and the whole family went in Dublin.

Those were the days.........

Belfast & Dublin 2009.........I remember the shows well. Too long ago though, so it's certainly time they came back over here again.

Glennsallnighter
05-26-2013, 08:06 AM
So do I Steph. They were great shows. It's 4 years now. Waaaaaaaaay too long. I'm assuming they will include Europe on the History tour