PDA

View Full Version : Another Don date

DonFan
07-05-2007, 12:20 AM
More good news--
I don't have official confirmation yet, but it looks like Don has another solo date for Aug 5. They reported in today's Oklahoma City Gazette that "Don Henley & Friends" would play the OKZoo Amphitheater on that date. It's not on the website yet, but my friend, who lives in OKC, said there was a big ad in the OKC newspaper.

Ive always been a dreamer
07-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the tip, DF. Don's sure booking a lot of dates this summer. Maybe he's trying to keep his mind off of turning 60 in just a few weeks. :D :D :D

sodascouts
07-05-2007, 12:30 AM
Wonder who his "Friends" will be? This is sure interesting. Thanks to you and your friend for the news!

glenneaglesfan
07-05-2007, 05:17 AM
Thanks, DF. All these shows sound exciting. I hope we'll get some good reviews.

DonFan
07-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Just got confirmation from the OK Zoo Amphitheater ticket office--tickets go on sale Saturday, July 14.

My friend has invited me to go with her--I think I am going!

Brooke
07-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Great news, DF! This is getting closer to me, but still not quite close enough. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more! :D

Ive always been a dreamer
07-05-2007, 04:28 PM
That is wonderful news, DF. I know how much you've been wanting to make it to one of these shows. I really hope you can go to this one. :)

DonFan
07-08-2007, 11:24 PM
I'm going--I just bought my plane ticket. I am meeting a fellow Don fan who lives out there, and we are going to both the Dallas show and the OKC show.

Type www.zooamp.com and the poster for the OKC show comes immediately onscreen, with Don's new picture and the title "An Evening Under the Stars with Don Henley and Special Guests."

I can't WAIT.

sodascouts
07-08-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm dying to know who these "special guests" are! I doubt if it's Stevie Nicks, although if it is I will have to be HUGELY jealous since I can't go! It could very well be another Eagle(s). You'll have to tell us all about it, DF!

P.S. LOVE the new photo of Don.

Freypower
07-09-2007, 01:09 AM
I would have thought it is highly unlikely it would be another Eagle. Anyway perhaps it has changed. When I clicked on it it said 'special guests'.

That is a great photo. So is the similar one of Joe. I am dying to see the other two.

DonFan
07-09-2007, 12:17 PM
I'm dying to know who these "special guests" are! I doubt if it's Stevie Nicks, although if it is I will have to be HUGELY jealous since I can't go! It could very well be another Eagle(s). You'll have to tell us all about it, DF!

Since Stevie and Chris Isaak played there earlier this year, I don't think it will be her.
I know Timothy has toured with Don in the past--it would be great if he was one of the guests!

SweetHolly
07-09-2007, 05:37 PM
I know Timothy has toured with Don in the past--it would be great if he was one of the guests!
Timothy and Don together would be a great show. :D

glenneaglesfan
07-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Df, so glad you got tickets, and thanks for the link. That's a pretty awesome picture of Don.

I can't help feeling a little jealous. Don, Glenn, Joe and Tim, if you're listening, please think of us in the UK. There is a great theatre in Plymouth. I can only wish!