PDA

View Full Version : How tall is Timothy?

Dyan61
05-14-2013, 10:57 PM
Can anyone tell me please, I've googled it but nothing came up :headscratch: and I'd love to know.

Outlawman13
05-14-2013, 11:11 PM
It says that he is 1.75 meters (5'9") Hopefully that is true!!! LOL.

Dyan61
05-14-2013, 11:23 PM
Oh no...only 5ft 9! I was hoping he would be at least 6 foot, he looks really tall on stage etc but he's only 3 inches taller than me...oh well wont be able to wear my heels LOL:heybaby:

Outlawman13
05-14-2013, 11:28 PM
LOL well the internet can get it wrong at times. LOL.

Dyan61
05-14-2013, 11:31 PM
His legs like they would be 5 foot 9 all by themselves lol not that I've been looking ;-)

sodascouts
05-15-2013, 12:12 AM
He does look taller than that... hmm, wish one of us could get close enough to find out for sure! ;)

zeldabjr
05-15-2013, 12:22 AM
yeah I had read 5'9" somewhere too...He does have really long legs...didn't notice it so much when I saw them live for the first time...but when we saw him solo in DC last year...the first thing I noticed when he came out was "wow he's all legs"...of course we were pretty close to him that night too...yeah I used to think he was much taller than he really is...

MaryCalifornia
05-15-2013, 10:14 AM
I have read in many sources that he is 5'9". It seems like he and Glenn are pretty similar in height, and I think Glenn's 70's mug shot listed his height. I doubt Timothy has ever tipped the scales over 155. I've seen pictures of him on stage - don't know which tour, but a more recent one - in a short-sleeved black button down shirt and black dress pants where he looks REALLY skinny, almost too skinny.

Topkat
05-15-2013, 12:00 PM
I would think 5' 9" is correct. To me he looks short. Look at him standing with the other Eagles, & you can tell he is the shortest Eagle.;-)

sodascouts
05-15-2013, 12:32 PM
I guess my eyes were just fooled by those long legs of his!

AEW21
05-15-2013, 12:48 PM
To me, they all look like they should be 6-foot, but I think it's because they're all basically "modestly" height men, between 5'9-5'11, and lifts and shoe heels can be the great equalizer. Since there's no one tall guy to serve as a measuring stick to see the varying heights in the group, they all look tall by default. And those tight pants do make the legs look longer! ;)

Woodstock
05-15-2013, 02:40 PM
I think he's about 5'9". I'm 5'2" and when I met him we took a picture together and the top of my head was level with his nose (I only had on 1" heels). I think him and Glenn are the same and I remember reading somewhere about Don being 5'10" and Joe 5'11". Those heights sound about right when you see them all together.

Dyan61
05-15-2013, 05:37 PM
Thanks for all those replies, I agree that when they are all together they look of similar height but with Tims legs it's deceiving I was sure he was going to be a 6 footer...oh well still love him :D He is super skinny isn't he? Maybe that adds to the illusion of him being taller?

Freypower
05-15-2013, 11:16 PM
I would think 5' 9" is correct. To me he looks short. Look at him standing with the other Eagles, & you can tell he is the shortest Eagle.;-)

I always thought Glenn was the shortest Eagle. You learn something every day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Eagles%20General/Lifesize.jpg

Even with Tim not standing totally straight there, he does look shorter. But in this one Tim looks taller than Glenn:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Eagles%20General/BandShotBlues.jpg

In this he looks shorter. I give up!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Eagles%20General/BusinessAsUsual.jpg

sodascouts
05-16-2013, 01:03 AM
Perhaps who's taller depends on who's wearing heels that day. ;)

Prettymaid
05-16-2013, 07:57 AM
Just based on seeing Timothy at his solo show in Chicago, 5'9" seems about right.

Topkat
05-16-2013, 11:23 AM
FP, In the middle photo where Glenn looks shorter, he is standing a little in front of them, & closer to the camera so he looks shorter...I think Glenn may be about 1/2" taller than Timothy. It is close, but in most pics, Tim is a drop shorter than Glenn.

GlennLover
05-16-2013, 11:53 AM
I always thought that Glenn was the shortest too. :hmm:

TimothyBFan
05-16-2013, 01:51 PM
Just to put everyone's minds to rest on who's tallest to shortest, I will volunteer to stand toe to toe with each and every Eagle, former members included and let you all know for sure just where they each rank. Anything for my fellow board members!!! Hope you all appreciate it! ;-)

Prettymaid
05-16-2013, 02:25 PM
Just to put everyone's minds to rest on who's tallest to shortest, I will volunteer to stand toe to toe with each and every Eagle, former members included and let you all know for sure just where they each rank. Anything for my fellow board members!!! Hope you all appreciate it! ;-)

Wait a second :hmm:...I thought when you checked for height with another person you stood heel to heel...TBF, you don't have an ulterior motive, do you?

AEW21
05-16-2013, 03:35 PM
Glenn lucks out, heightwise in pictures, because his hair is "higher," giving the illusion he's a hair (ha!) taller. Tim goes for length going down, Glenn's goes up. :) I think it makes Glenn look a tad taller, when in fact I'm prety sure they're the same height. Shoe heels, too, play a part, too. Back in the 70s, I think Glenn depended on cowboy boot heels to add like 2-inches, but I don't think he can stand in those anymore for a 2-hour show. (Though the black/white shoes probably have lifts/heels in them somehow.)

I'd put them both at 5'9.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Glenn lucks out, heightwise in pictures, because his hair is "higher," giving the illusion he's a hair (ha!) taller. Tim goes for length going down, Glenn's goes up. :) I think it makes Glenn look a tad taller, when in fact I'm prety sure they're the same height. Shoe heels, too, play a part, too. Back in the 70s, I think Glenn depended on cowboy boot heels to add like 2-inches, but I don't think he can stand in those anymore for a 2-hour show. (Though the black/white shoes probably have lifts/heels in them somehow.)

I'd put them both at 5'9.

Actually, if you spend the money, cowboy boots are some of the most comfortable shoes you'll ever wear. Once they are broken in, they conform to your feet perfectly and have incredible support. My boots are the only footwear I own where I can stand longer than an hour or so without my back and knees hurting.

As for the black and white shoes, I've seen him in them and they didn't appear to have anything in them that lifted his heels off the ground more than the normal half-inch or so that all those types of shoes have as a heel.

Dyan61
05-16-2013, 10:11 PM
Actually, if you spend the money, cowboy boots are some of the most comfortable shoes you'll ever wear. Once they are broken in, they conform to your feet perfectly and have incredible support. My boots are the only footwear I own where I can stand longer than an hour or so without my back and knees hurting.

As for the black and white shoes, I've seen him in them and they didn't appear to have anything in them that lifted his heels off the ground more than the normal half-inch or so that all those types of shoes have as a heel.

That's some good info re the boots, would love a pair of 'proper' ones they are definitely on the saving up for list!

Topkat
05-17-2013, 07:26 AM
Where is the picture from the R&R HOF with all of them lined up??? I think you can see the heights pretty good in that & it includes everyone

I suddenly can't find it when I want it!!:stunned:

TimothyBFan
05-17-2013, 08:20 AM
Wait a second :hmm:...I thought when you checked for height with another person you stood heel to heel...TBF, you don't have an ulterior motive, do you?

You do it your way and I'll do it mine!! ;-)

zeldabjr
05-17-2013, 10:32 AM
You do it your way and I'll do it mine!! ;-)

I'll go with your way Willie!

cricrichan
05-17-2013, 04:46 PM

LOL - I definitely appreciate your way to let us know who's tallest/shortest, TBF ;)

Dyan61
05-18-2013, 01:37 AM
:drool:Um don't want to cause a riot with you ladies but as I asked the question shouldn't I be the one doing the front to front with Timothy?:lol:

cricrichan
05-22-2013, 09:48 AM
:drool:Um don't want to cause a riot with you ladies but as I asked the question shouldn't I be the one doing the front to front with Timothy?:lol:

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

zeldabjr
05-22-2013, 01:21 PM
all I have to say is...he's tall enough :blush: