PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Mayor reportedly caught smoking crack cocaine

timfan
05-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Don't know how much you've heard of this but it's a huge scandal in current Toronto politics!

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford was allegedly seen to be smoking CRACK cocaine on a cell phone video viewed by various reporters. While the video has not yet been shown to be authentic, given Ford's track record I must say IMO this guy has long proven to be a buffoon and hopefully this should be his end!!

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/05/16/toronto_mayor_rob_ford_in_crack_cocaine_video_scan dal.html

zeldabjr
05-18-2013, 04:16 PM
I heard about this here since we are so close to TO...but I didn't want to condemn the man...yet...but heard about the cell phone camera and a comment he reportedly made...something like...that thing better not be on...and the person said oh no it's not...ha ha...I don't know anything about this mayor...but if this turns out to be true...off with his head!

GlennLover
05-18-2013, 04:29 PM
It seems to be one thing after another with him!

zeldabjr
05-18-2013, 05:23 PM
oh tell me...what else has he done?? I'm curious! lol

timfan
05-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Here's an article that sums up his various indiscretions pretty well. There are tons of them but perhaps the biggest prior to this was a judge removed him as mayor for voting on an item he had a interest in (whether he should repay something to the city or not) He appealed the decision succesfully but in reality his win was on a technicality.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/05/18/rob_ford_42_remarkable_moments_from_toronto_mayors _career.html

sodascouts
05-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Wow... way to make his mark as mayor. lol

Henley Honey
05-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Makes me wonder what else he's up to that he hasn't been caught doing -- yet.

Freypower
05-19-2013, 07:10 PM
I loved Toronto when I was there in 2011. It seems it may have just as many corrupt or at least flawed politicians as Sydney!

timfan
10-31-2013, 12:52 PM
Big news today, the Toronto Police chief has announced (http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/10/31/rob_ford_crack_cocaine_scandal_police_photographed _mayor_in_multiple_meetings_with_alleged_drug_deal er.html) they've recovered the famed Rob Ford Crack video. :dizzy: Crazy days here!

Ive always been a dreamer
10-31-2013, 01:02 PM
OMG - I never thought I'd ever see anyone ever want to channel Marion Barry, but I guess I was mistaken! :shock:

MaryCalifornia
10-31-2013, 01:38 PM
Gawker.com is one of my favorite websites, awful and hilarious at the same time - it makes me laugh out loud. I've been following this story for some time now on their site - they're the ones who ran the fundraiser to get the money to pay for the video, and actually met the goal amount, then the guy with the video disappeared. Glad something is coming of all of their hard work, haha.

timfan
11-05-2013, 02:02 PM
and now Rob Ford has FINALLY admitted he smoked crack cocaine (http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/11/05/rob_ford_yes_i_have_smoked_crack_cocaine.html)!.. a few days ago he also admitted to drinking too much on occasion but still claims not be an addict or alcoholic.

The Rob Ford Soap Opera continues LOL

sodascouts
11-05-2013, 08:31 PM
What a loser!

prayfordaylight
11-06-2013, 09:31 AM
So I guess that makes two cities where the mayors can smoke crack and stay in office - DC and Toronto!

Freypower
11-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Do you know, I might have seen Rob Ford in 2011. I was in Nathan Phillips Square & a local official was being interviewed about Jack Layton's (former Canadian opposition leader) funeral. He was a big, heavy set man & the more I think about it the more I think it's likely it was Rob Ford. This was they day before the funeral when Layton was lying in state at City Hall nearby.

MaryCalifornia
11-07-2013, 02:44 PM
Oh my!!! Now, look at this!! Here is your mayor, Toronto...

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11/07/mayor_rob_ford_caught_in_video_rant.html

zeldabjr
11-16-2013, 10:35 PM
I was listening to my local sports radio station this week and they were talking about some sexual comment the Toronto mayor made with his wife standing at his side...the radio guys wouldn't even repeat what he said...I'm very curious what that was all about...this guy is a real piece of work!

NYC Fan
11-19-2013, 11:34 PM
Zelda:

Watch Jon Stewart from last Thursday if you want to see what he said, as well as Jon's hilarious take on the whole thing. It's a few minutes into the first segment (after the healthcare bit).

I must say, I don't shock easily, but it was pretty shocking to see a public figure say that at a press conference.

He was also on the Today show this morning. Piece of work pretty accurately describes him...

Ive always been a dreamer
11-20-2013, 12:01 AM
You got that right, NYC Fan!

zeldabjr
11-20-2013, 04:14 AM
omg NYCFan...I just watched it!!!...this guy is a real trip!!!....lol...and Jon Stewart is great!...I can't believe this is the actual mayor of a huge North American city!!...

MaryCalifornia
11-20-2013, 12:51 PM
I'm glad you watched it, Z!! I tried to think about how I could describe what he said, in response to your original question, and I couldn't even come up with anything that I would be comfortable with, so I just left it. I'm glad NYCFan had a good suggestion!! Did you see him knock the old lady over in the council chambers, and she tries to whack him??!! Too funny. I feel bad for Toronto, (and for his family - that wife, dear God!) but I hope he gives us a few more antics before he completely goes away, you just don't get this type of stuff in the normal course of business.

zeldabjr
11-20-2013, 10:04 PM
yeah he is entertaining...if nothing else...I heard they keep stripping him of more and more of his powers as mayor...but he refuses to resign...lol

Thunzyag
12-05-2013, 07:13 AM
If his uses his power he has make that video look fake

WS82Classics
03-22-2016, 02:26 PM
The sad, final chapter to the long and surreal saga of Mayor Rob Ford...

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/03/22/471433387/rob-ford-torontos-infamous-former-mayor-dies