PDA

View Full Version : You can buy Glenn's old Santa Fe home--Have almost $1.4 Million to spare? :)

AEW21
05-22-2013, 12:05 AM
....It's well worth it, from the looks of it--wow, words don't do justice what a beautiful desert home it is. I know the current owners are responsible for how beautiful is looks now, but I'm sure the "bones" of the house, as well as it's desert/mountain locale are the same as they were when Glenn owned it in the 70s, so it must have been as much of a real estate jewel then as it is now. It perfectly fit his Southwest fixation from that era, as well as his desire for privacy. And I wonder if he was the one back in the day that put in the recording studio space...?

I tell you, he and Cindy should snatch it back up for a desert oasis hideway--whatta house. (Only drawback is that the current owner either is affiliated with the band, CREED, or is a super-fan--ugh. Though I'm sure you can sage-smudge-stick away that sort of bad musical taste mojo.) :hilarious:

Real estate websites have different pictures (and different prices?):
Zillow (http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/41-San-Sebastian-Rd-Santa-Fe-NM-87505/80887767_zpid/)
Santa Fe Properties (http://santafeproperties.com/homes/201300715-41_59_San_Sebastian_Rd-Santa_Fe-NM-87505)
Trulia (http://www.trulia.com/property/3003093488-41-San-Sebastian-Rd-Santa-Fe-NM-87505#photo-13)

Love that adobe/Spanish style--those arched doorways and heavy wooden doors. And that view...Must have been quite the retreat back in the day.

By the by--isn't this also the house that suffered two minor fires whilst Glenn owned it? I thought Ben Fong-Torres' book alluded to the fact that they were due to...recreational negligence of the narcotic variety...?

OutlawManNJ
05-22-2013, 12:12 AM
If that house was in New Jersey it would cost 3 Million and up! Round these parts any ole normal family house in a decent neighborhood is 500K plus. So imagine something like that. 1.1 million looks cheap! And Glen Frey lived there!

zeldabjr
05-22-2013, 12:49 AM
wow love the view...wonder how long he owned it?...when he sold it?..

sodascouts
05-22-2013, 12:50 AM
That view! Oh my gosh!

Glennsallnighter
05-22-2013, 06:45 AM
Absolutely beautiful view Soda. I love the decor, I'd be quite happy to spend a chilly evening in front of a fire in that fireplace! And if Glenn :heart:'s aura was still in the place..... even better.

I agree! Glenn :heart: and Cindy should take reownership of the house. Its a lovely retreat.

Houston Baby
05-22-2013, 08:35 AM
What a beautiful home and fantastic view! I love it!! And GA, you are so right about the fireplace and Glenn! :hilarious:

But wasn't this the house that he owned with his first wife?

Houston Baby
05-22-2013, 08:41 AM
And too bad that one of us did not win the Powerball!! :-x

This would have made a lovely meeting place for The Borderers!

cbecrad
05-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Wow that is a gorgeous home! Love that style.

ETA: What a shower!!!

Tiffanny Twisted
05-22-2013, 02:17 PM
beautiful home I cant imagin why they sold it in the first place. beautiful view too
:drool:

Freypower
05-22-2013, 06:47 PM
What a beautiful home and fantastic view! I love it!! And GA, you are so right about the fireplace and Glenn! :hilarious:

But wasn't this the house that he owned with his first wife?

Yes. I don't think he ever lived there with Cindy. Beautiful area; I have happy memories of New Mexico. As I said in another thread I wore my turquoise necklace which I bought in Santa Fe to one of the Opera House shows (GA & Soda have seen it).

Prettymaid
05-22-2013, 07:37 PM
It's always cool to see celebrity homes, even if they don't live there anymore, but Glenn Frey's house? A gazillion times better!!!

Glennhoney
05-22-2013, 07:37 PM
So when would he have lived there???

Freypower
05-22-2013, 08:01 PM
So when would he have lived there???

Early to mid 80s.

Tiffanny Twisted
05-22-2013, 08:39 PM
It's always cool to see celebrity homes, even if they don't live there anymore, but Glenn Frey's house? A gazillion times better!!!
yep yep yep I agree...lol dons old one was up too the one that burned down but I forget where I saw it.

sodascouts
12-19-2018, 05:46 PM
Still for sale.... and here's some more pics:

https://www.curbed.com/2018/12/18/18145938/house-for-sale-sante-fe-new-mexico-eagles

FreyFollower
12-19-2018, 08:18 PM
Interesting. It looks different from the last time I saw a listing, a year or two ago. I think that they have remodeled it. Whatever, they neglect to say how LONG it his been since Glenn lived there. All the updates they speak of in the kitchen, the high tech studio --none of this would have existed in the early -mid-eighties when it was his residence.

I don't think it was his primary residence even then. I think he was in Aspen at this time. Janie and her art are likely reasons for a home in Santa Fe. Anyone know?

New Kid In Town
12-20-2018, 09:36 AM
FF - I think Glenn and Janie lived in Santa Fe since the late 70's. In Eliot's book "Take It To The Limit", he stated they were living in Santa Fe then. Also, he states the house was burglarized(someone stole Glenn's check book) and set fire twice. My take was after the second fire he no longer live in the house. My understanding(please correct me if I am wrong someone) was the fires happened when they were not in the house and in LA.

Brooke
12-20-2018, 11:34 AM
What a beautiful home! I can't even imagine living in one like it!

NightMistBlue
12-20-2018, 12:11 PM
That's a beautiful home, and not a bad price either (though well beyond my budget, sadly) considering you get 17 acres and unspoiled vistas. The hot tub on the back deck!! That's the stuff dreams are made of.

New Kid In Town
12-20-2018, 12:31 PM
NMB - I agree. I love the fire place on the patio as well as the hot tub. Beautiful views too ! I would have to win the lottery to buy a house like that. It certainly is beautiful.

FreyFollower
12-20-2018, 01:46 PM
FF - I think Glenn and Janie lived in Santa Fe since the late 70's. In Eliot's book "Take It To The Limit", he stated they were living in Santa Fe then. Also, he states the house was burglarized(someone stole Glenn's check book) and set fire twice. My take was after the second fire he no longer live in the house. My understanding(please correct me if I am wrong someone) was the fires happened when they were not in the house and in LA.

What the heck?! I never heard about all that! I'd get outta there, too!

sodascouts
12-20-2018, 02:08 PM
That's a beautiful home, and not a bad price either (though well beyond my budget, sadly) considering you get 17 acres and unspoiled vistas. The hot tub on the back deck!! That's the stuff dreams are made of.

I was thinking the same thing about the price. You'd have to pay a LOT more than that for a comparable home elsewhere, not to mention the price is the same as it was five years ago.

The fact that it's a bit "out of the way" probably keeps the cost "lower" - and the fact that while a studio like that is awesome for a recording musician, the vast majority of folks looking to buy homes in Santa Fe would have no need for it.

Heck, if I were wealthy, I'd look into buying it. The place is gorgeous and I could figure out something to do with that studio - rent its usage out, perhaps.

I never thought about the fact that the studio wasn't designed for Glenn Frey. Do we know that or are we just assuming it? Isn't it possible that it was designed for him early on and simply upgraded by others after he moved out?

Ive always been a dreamer
12-20-2018, 02:59 PM
And too bad that one of us did not win the Powerball!! :-x

This would have made a lovely meeting place for The Borderers!

I just noticed HB's comment from an earlier time in this thread. Now - this is exactly what we need ... a southwestern retreat that Glenn once lived in so we can have frequent Border gatherings. Okay - everyone, time to sell your homes so we can pool all our money's to grab this place at such a bargain price!

I never thought about the fact that the studio wasn't designed for Glenn Frey. Do we know that or are we just assuming it? Isn't it possible that it was designed for him early on and simply upgraded by others after he moved out?

My guess would be that this is what happened.