PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Phoenix...

Skpx
05-27-2013, 11:20 PM
Greetings All!
I am a newbie to the board so forgive any rookie blunders I make.
Have been an Eagle fan as long as I can remember, but since seeking the HOTE ( think I goth that right). I have been, well obsessed. Going to Pittsburgh to see them am living for it!!! Caught the guys in Vegas in March, but the seats were awful...but just being there was a good time.

Look forward to picking all of your brains about what to expect, and what may happen. I may have done a wasteful thing, but I bought the VIP passes ( not highest one but the second one... I'd love to. Hear from anyone that has done this in the past so I know what to expect... I assume it is just better seats, which is worth it for me. Praying Glenn will toss me a pick to go with my collection! Lol.

Have a great rest of your day!!! Take it easy....

WalshFan88
05-27-2013, 11:28 PM
Welcome to the Border!

VAisForEagleLovers
05-27-2013, 11:56 PM
Welcome, Skpx! Wow, you are going from Phoenix to Pittsburgh?

I've done VIP at several shows in the last year or so, and I've never seen Glenn throw a pick. Don, Joe, and Tim each gave one to a woman who was beside me last year in Atlantic City.

You have the package that's rows 2-10, and it depends on when you bought the package as to where you'll sit. The first ones in get the best seats. It could be in any of the three sections in the front on the floor. It includes a dinner and gift bag, and you'll find out when you get there where you're sitting. I'm doing VIP the night before, in DC, but not at Pittsburgh, I'll be up in section 122 going crazy because I'm not closer!

In the times I've done VIP, either I or the person getting the tickets (usually Henley Honey) get in right away. I've only done the row 2-10 once before, and I was in row 2. I did it again for the DC concert here, but obviously I don't know where my seat is yet.

It is a mark-up, but I don't consider it wasteful. Official Platinum from TicketMaster for the same seats would be as high or higher and not include dinner, but they are transferable (you can sell them if your boss suddenly tells you that you can't go) and VIP are not. Resells on places like StubHub are usually even higher.

Welcome to the board, and long may you post!

Skpx
05-28-2013, 12:03 AM
Welcome, Skpx! Wow, you are going from Phoenix to Pittsburgh?

I've done VIP at several shows in the last year or so, and I've never seen Glenn throw a pick. Don, Joe, and Tim each gave one to a woman who was beside me last year in Atlantic City.

You have the package that's rows 2-10, and it depends on when you bought the package as to where you'll sit. The first ones in get the best seats. It could be in any of the three sections in the front on the floor. It includes a dinner and gift bag, and you'll find out when you get there where you're sitting. I'm doing VIP the night before, in DC, but not at Pittsburgh, I'll be up in section 122 going crazy because I'm not closer!

In the times I've done VIP, either I or the person getting the tickets (usually Henley Honey) get in right away. I've only done the row 2-10 once before, and I was in row 2. I did it again for the DC concert here, but obviously I don't know where my seat is yet.

It is a mark-up, but I don't consider it wasteful. Official Platinum from TicketMaster for the same seats would be as high or higher and not include dinner, but they are transferable (you can sell them if your boss suddenly tells you that you can't go) and VIP are not. Resells on places like StubHub are usually even higher.

Welcome to the board, and long may you post!

Thanks! Yeah, I am treating myself for my 50th... I have to be in the area then so took advantage! Lol.. I thought it was kind of weird that they offer dinner, can you describe that? As for the pick. I'd take any of them but a GF would rock it. Will keep you posted on my luck. (George Strait gave me one -- reached down and put it in my hand in 1982... I just about fainted... So I have great expectations! Lol..)

sodascouts
05-28-2013, 12:06 AM
Welcome to the board, Sandy! I'm sure you won't regret getting VIP! Get comfy and make yourself at home here. ;)

Prettymaid
05-28-2013, 12:16 AM
Welcome from me too Skpx! Sounds like you're in for a great night in Pittsburgh!

Witchy Woman
05-28-2013, 12:38 AM
Welcome, Skpx !!

Outlawman13
05-28-2013, 12:48 AM
Welcome Skpx!!! I know what you mean about seeing the HOTE and getting obsessed about the Eagles again. LOL. Too cool that you are getting the VIP for the concert. You will love this board!!!! It's super amazing here.

zeldabjr
05-28-2013, 01:11 AM
Welcome Skpx...I think I welcomed you in another thread but what the heck...very excited for you!...I think it's a great birthday present to yourself!!!

NYC Fan
05-28-2013, 05:40 AM
Skpx

Welcome! What a great 50th birthday present to treat yourself! You will no doubt have an amazing time and I hope you get a pick from Glenn.

Have a great time in Pittsburgh. The new arena is very nice and there is lots to do there. My hometown; so I'm a bit biased, but if you can go on one of the Inclines and walk across the bridge to the Warhol museum, those are fun things to do. Along with lots of other places to see.

Enjoy!

cricrichan
05-28-2013, 06:59 AM
Welcome to the Border, Skpx :D

Glennsallnighter
05-28-2013, 07:56 AM
Welcome from me too SKPX!

I hope you have a wonderful time in Pittsburgh - You won't regret getting those VIP tickets.

I doubt Glenn :heart: will throw you a pick, but it might be worth hanging about the stage area after the show and the tekkies might find you one. I've never done it at an Eagles gig, but I did at Glenn :heart:s shows in Niagara Falls and was rewarded!!

Brooke
05-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Welcome to The Border, Skpx! Glad to have ya!

Sounds like you will have a wonderful time at the show being that close wherever it might be! Good for you!

VAisForEagleLovers
05-28-2013, 04:40 PM
Thanks! Yeah, I am treating myself for my 50th... I have to be in the area then so took advantage! Lol.. I thought it was kind of weird that they offer dinner, can you describe that? As for the pick. I'd take any of them but a GF would rock it. Will keep you posted on my luck. (George Strait gave me one -- reached down and put it in my hand in 1982... I just about fainted... So I have great expectations! Lol..)

The dinners have been different at each venue, so it's hard to describe! The dinners at the Revel in Atlantic City were both pretty good. The dinner in Atlanta was horrid, and it was outside in a tent (it's an amphitheater) in all the humidity. They usually have a little salad bar and two or three entree dishes (casserole-type things). Sometimes all your drinks are free (basic hard stuff, 'third shelf' wines, and basic beers), sometimes only two of them are. Sometimes the desserts look pretty good, sometimes they look a little stale (I never get dessert). There is usually always some kind of chicken, the rest has varied.

When you go, you get your tickets and a laminated VIP thing to wear around your neck. You also get an envelope with your tickets for the door prizes and drink tickets (if there's a limit on drinks). Then they let you browse the merchandise (crowd-free! bonus!) before taking everyone to whatever room the dinner will be in.

NYC Fan is right, the inclines, especially the Duquesne incline is good, with an overlook of the city. The Carnegie Science Center by Heinz Field is good, and Station Square is always interesting. Of course, the thing I most want to see while there is the beautiful statue of Super Mario (Lemieux) outside of the arena.

Houston Baby
05-28-2013, 08:19 PM
Welcome from me Skpx! Hope you have a wonderful time in Pittsburgh! VIP tix - what an awesome birthday present!! Fingers crossed that you get a pick!!

sad-cafe
05-28-2013, 10:12 PM
welcome

VAisForEagleLovers
05-28-2013, 10:21 PM
Thanks! Yeah, I am treating myself for my 50th... I have to be in the area then so took advantage!

By the way, I treated myself to a front row seat in Vegas back in 2011, for my 50th birthday. The concert was actually on my birthday and so I figured that was a sign! I certainly never regretted it! Now I find I have a permanent reminder of that night since one of the scenes at the end of part 2 of HOTE is from that night, and from the exact same angle as what I had all night.

wasl89
05-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Welcome Skpx!

cbecrad
05-29-2013, 06:52 PM
Welcome! :wave:
I have a few friends from Phoenix :). And like you, I became a bit obsessed after watching HOTE. Have fun!

mustangkim11
05-31-2013, 06:16 PM
Welcome Skpx!

That is so cool that you bought a VIP. You'll have to regale us with your tales of the evening.