PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun - How To Have A Crush

glenneaglesfan
07-08-2007, 06:04 AM
This book was reviewed in the Daily Telegraph yesterday. It’s a fun guide to all the best things about being a girl – midnights feasts, campfire adventures etc, obviously a follow on from the bestselling The Dangerous Book For Boys. Despite the fact that it’s written for 8 to 14 year olds, I couldn’t help laughing at how this extract applies to somebody more than three times that age who ought to know better! :wink:

Extract from The Great Big Glorious Book For Girls, by Rosemary Davidson and Sarah Vine

How To Have A Crush
The thing to understand about a crush is that it is a fantasy. Fantasies are beautiful things, as long as you do not make the error of confusing them with anything that actually happens in real life. Johnny Depp is not suddenly going to arrive in Hemel Hempstead (or wherever you happen to live) and declare that you are the love of his life.We can still dream, though.

You may collect pictures of your crush and plaster your walls with them. The gathering of impossible amounts of obscure information about the crush is also very satisfying.Hence the need for a new hard drive!
Obviously, you will go to all his films, concerts, plays, etc. However, the writing of a fan letter is often a let-down. You will only get a standard letter back, probably not even signed by the crush himself.Not even that, in my case. :blush:

A particularly satisfying crush is the obscure crush. It’s easy and obvious to develop a passion for Brad Pitt or a member of the newest boy band. But if you want to follow a road less travelled and have your crush all to yourself, it’s worth making an effort to find some barely known boy with a guitar and the voice of an angel who will never make it into the Top 40, or an actor who can bring Shakespeare to vivid glittering life but is never going to sell out to Hollywood."with a guitar and the voice of an angel" Sound familiar?

The most important rule is never meet your crush. You have built him up, in your crazy fantastic world, to be the dream boy to end them all. In life, there is a very real danger that he has bad-hair days, gets spinach caught in his teeth and has absolutely no conversation.Here's where I think we can disagree. :)

Ive always been a dreamer
07-08-2007, 12:14 PM
This is great, GEF. And I agree that it seems to apply to women of all ages. :blush: :blush:

The most important rule is never meet your crush. You have built him up, in your crazy fantastic world, to be the dream boy to end them all. In life, there is a very real danger that he has bad-hair days, gets spinach caught in his teeth and has absolutely no conversation.

I'm with you on this one too, GEF. I would totally disagree. Some of our crushes will not disappoint even on a bad hair day when they haven't shaved! :applause:

sodascouts
07-08-2007, 09:01 PM
lol - very cute!

Brooke
07-09-2007, 04:15 PM
That is cute! Thanks gef!

I'd have to disagree on the never meeting them part though. :lol:

Mrs Frey
07-10-2007, 06:44 AM
I really enjoyed those extracts, GEF. Goodness, gracious - all of it applies to me, too! :blush: I also don't agree with the last extract, judging from what some of you have said about how warm Glenn :heart: is towards his fans. I have had a disappointment in that department, though, with another star from whom I thought the sun shone, but not everyone is like him. I look forward to the possibility of meeting Glenn :heart: one day.

Who knows, maybe my band will get to open for the Eagles one day! :rofl: Okay, now I'm REALLY dreaming! :blush:

Glennsallnighter
08-14-2013, 01:25 PM
I had to resurrect this thread GEF! It is too precious to leave in those never visited archives. And so true are all the points!

But hey! We can all dream. And maybe one day Mr Frey WILL cross my path...

zeldabjr
08-14-2013, 01:35 PM
GA...this is so cute...and true...and the part about never meeting them...although it's not likely to happen...meeting mine with scruffy hair, stubble and spinach in his teeth would be the most awesome thing ever...and would definitely not disappoint!...would only make him dearer to me...

Freypower
08-14-2013, 05:27 PM
'Who left the cap on the freakin' toothpaste'.....regarding the last part, 'he' once said he leaves his socks on the bathroom floor. That possibly comes under obscure information.