PDA

View Full Version : Confessions

Troubadour
06-04-2013, 03:20 PM
I thought I'd start this just for fun! This is the place to tell us those little everyday things you have done (or not done), that make you feel a wee bit guilty. ;) It can be anything from a weird food combination for lunch, to spending far too much time staring at a particular Eagles pic, to not doing your laundry all week, to telling a little white lie to your boss...

Let's hear 'em!

Glennsallnighter
06-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Cool! Like the fact that even though I'm on a diet I ate half a lemon meringue pie today????

Love your new sig and av Troub!

Troubadour
06-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Haha, exactly that kind of thing, GA!

Glad you like them. I'm a little bit in love with my new av. I could gaze at that face for hours! :heart:

sad-cafe
06-04-2013, 04:44 PM
like, I am not really a brunette? I am really gray but Revlon helps me out?

~sitting with color on my hair waiting for the 40 minutes to end~

Outlawman13
06-04-2013, 05:37 PM
LOL okay here are some of mine:
I love dipping fries in shakes and pudding, I'm a sugar-holic (even though people think I just love eating so healthy), I drink energy drinks almost everyday, I'm still trying to stay on my diet, but I can't. Too much sugar everywhere. LOL I can just stare at a Glenn Frey picture for hours (I'm not guilty about that though. LOL)

VAisForEagleLovers
06-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Still feeling a little guilty about the nearly three pounds of crab legs and the vat of butter on Sunday. Then the leftovers yesterday! Then something called RumChita as an after dinner drink. It's like the icing on a Cinnabon, or eating spice cake with cream cheese icing. Except...liquid and with rum. Jeez, I could use some right now!

Tiffanny Twisted
06-04-2013, 06:36 PM
:hilarious:ooh that drink sounds yummy and intresting

Prettymaid
06-04-2013, 06:42 PM
I am guilt-free!!! :lie:

I'll think of something later...:blush:

sad-cafe
06-04-2013, 07:47 PM
here is one, right at the moment I am really not digging my hubby. :(

zeldabjr
06-04-2013, 09:22 PM
right now I'm not digging my dog..

addicted to Little Caesar's new deep dish pizza...omg!

Turf
06-05-2013, 01:32 AM
I've had impure thoughts about ... hold on, brb

wasl89
06-05-2013, 04:16 AM
I'm not paying attention in class, just surfing the border much more interesting...!

Brooke
06-05-2013, 10:22 AM
Then something called RumChita as an after dinner drink. It's like the icing on a Cinnabon, or eating spice cake with cream cheese icing. Except...liquid and with rum. Jeez, I could use some right now!

Yum! This sounds great, must find! Is it a drink that is pre-made or what VA?

Hmmmmm, I think I'm like Pm and have no faults at this time! :shrug: :lie: :lol:

Ok, here's one or two. I love to eat good food. I watch my weight, but let me tell you, when I'm going out to eat, I eat!

And I do NOT like my boss. Period.

cricrichan
06-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Great topic, Troub :D I will think about something interesting to tell you in the next few days :nahnah:

Prettymaid
06-05-2013, 01:14 PM

Ooh, do tell! :nod:

Houston Baby
06-05-2013, 01:22 PM
I don't want to be at work!! I am getting too excited about the Fleetwood Mac concert tonight and I am just not concentrating!! Come on 4:00 p.m.!!! :blueblob:

NYC Fan
06-05-2013, 01:29 PM
I don't want to be at work!! I am getting too excited about the Fleetwood Mac concert tonight and I am just not concentrating!! Come on 4:00 p.m.!!! :blueblob:

Have fun HB! I saw them this Spring for the first time and loved them.

My guilty pleasure confession is the NJ Housewives. I hate myself for watching them, but I can't stop. It's like the Sopranos come to life :)

Houston Baby
06-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Have fun HB! I saw them this Spring for the first time and loved them.

My guilty pleasure confession is the NJ Housewives. I hate myself for watching them, but I can't stop. It's like the Sopranos come to life :)

Thank you NYC Fan! It will also be my first! I have always loved their music but have never seen them. It should be great!!

And I love to watch Beverly Hills Housewives!! :hilarious:

Brooke
06-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Ooh, do tell! :nod:

Well, I'm sure he doesn't visit this site (he's allergic to a computer!) but strange things happen on the net so I better be quiet! :lol:

HB, have fun tonight! FM is awesome! I saw them for the first time in April and have always loved them too!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Yum! This sounds great, must find! Is it a drink that is pre-made or what VA?

Yes, it's a liqueur, I guess. You can probably put it with stuff, but it's like Baileys in that you can drink it straight or over ice.

Yes, you never know what might get seen on an open board! I've had a couple of friends find it and figure out which one I am. I wouldn't be shocked if my boss has found it, too. Of course, they all know my guilty confessions and could probably tell you things I haven't thought about!

Confession...I'm not feeling guilty about the crab legs. I'm feeling guilty for not feeling guilty if you get what I mean...

Prettymaid
06-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Confession...I'm not feeling guilty about the crab legs. I'm feeling guilty for not feeling guilty if you get what I mean...

:hmm: Maybe that's why I can't think of anything to post here...

Tiffanny Twisted
06-05-2013, 03:38 PM
va yep I do and HB have a blast at the mac concert. cant wait to hear all about it.'
I gotta really think on this one topic...its giving me a headache

prayfordaylight
06-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Some rumchata sounds really good right now :D

Outlawman13
06-05-2013, 04:37 PM
That drink does sound good for sure VA!!! I could use one right now from an exhausting day at work!!! My guilty pleasure (right now) is bread and maybe lots of it!!!! LOL. I'm craving some drinks as well!!!

WalshFan88
06-06-2013, 06:51 PM
I honestly can't think of anything. :hilarious:

Prettymaid
06-06-2013, 06:53 PM
I honestly can't think of anything. :hilarious:

We're guilt-free! :hilarious:

Freypower
06-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Does wanting to travel overseas all the time when you can't afford it count?!

Prettymaid
06-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Does wanting to travel overseas all the time when you can't afford it count?!

Do you feel guilty about it?

Freypower
06-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Do you feel guilty about it?

Yes, because it's so irrational. I don't have 'normal' 'guilty pleasures' because my life is too quiet for that.

Prettymaid
06-06-2013, 07:46 PM
If you're saying you feel guilty about overspending to see the Eagles or an Eagle, then join the club. Hey, I guess I do have one!

zeldabjr
06-06-2013, 07:58 PM
lol PM...I think many of us are in that club...and I do feel guilty...sometimes...

ok here's one you guys won't believe......I confess I've had impure thoughts about a certain married man...:blush: :wink:

Outlawman13
06-06-2013, 08:10 PM
LOL well don't we all have impure thoughts on our married men!!! MMMM well I will confess on that one too, but don't feel that guilty!!! LOL.

EaglesKiwi
06-07-2013, 05:34 AM
Mine is: the puppy is supposed to stay in her bed all night, but when she snuck in ours last night (under the covers & then down by my feet) I decided I was just too tired to get her out - it takes quite an effort even though she's so small - so I pretended I didn't notice because I was still asleep! :hilarious:

Oh, and spending far too long on the internet when I should be heading off to bed...

Prettymaid
06-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Oh, and spending far too long on the internet...

:wave: Okay, I have another one.

Troubadour
06-07-2013, 07:32 PM
I just commented on Joe's chin dimple in another thread, and it reminded me that when I was younger I used to think that a chin dimple was called a double chin. (Makes sense if you think about it!) I'm so glad I found out my error before I started saying "I love that guy's double chin!" Or "His double chin makes him look so sexy..."

Prettymaid
06-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Ha ha!

SallyGee
06-08-2013, 05:22 PM
I have some Partridge Family songs on my iPod

Prettymaid
06-08-2013, 05:53 PM
These are getting to be so random they're hilarious!

Troubadour
06-08-2013, 05:57 PM
I know - I love it!

I bought myself a pink boxset of '80s chick flicks today because I needed a pick-me-up. It says "For Her" on it, so it's clearly marketed as a present for a girlfriend or wife. Oh well. If you can't be kind to yourself... ;)

Freypower
06-08-2013, 08:14 PM
I have some Partridge Family songs on my iPod

So have I.

Prettymaid
06-08-2013, 09:08 PM
:singer: I think I love you, so what am I so afraid of... :grooving:

zeldabjr
06-08-2013, 09:10 PM
omg I was so in love with David Cassidy...I guess that's a confession huh?...posters plastered on my bedroom walls...bought all the magazines..Tiger Beat...etc...had every record...

VAisForEagleLovers
06-08-2013, 09:24 PM
I have Rupert Holmes on vinyl. Escape (the Pina Colada Song). I can't believe I bought that, and I can't believe I still have it.

Another confession, it might not sound like a bad addiction, but too much of anything isn't a good thing. Grapes and cherries. If I have either of them, I start eating them as soon as I get home and I eat them until they're gone. I have the willpower to not buy grapes, I do not have the willpower to not buy cherries when they are in season. Guess what I'm doing now? Rainier cherries, they are just perfect!. I'll eat them all and I'll be sick for two days and wonder why did that. Then buy more next weekend. I can't resist.

Troubadour
06-08-2013, 09:53 PM
I'm like that with snacks too. My current favourites are dates and olives. If they're in front of me in a large bag/jar, I'll eat far too many, so I try to buy the individual little packets of dates so that I can take one to work with me each day... Doesn't always work out that way, though!

zeldabjr
06-08-2013, 09:57 PM
I'm like that with the cherries too...the season is so short that I do not even feel guilty...and when the price is good...I buy...

sad-cafe
06-09-2013, 12:20 AM
My sister was all over Donny Osmond. One of his album covers doubled as a picture frame with Donny in the picture. She had it on her dresser for years.

Tony DeFranco was hot in the day as well. TigerBeat and the other teeny-bopper mags were all over them.

Skpx
06-09-2013, 01:29 AM
Went to see an Eagles Cover Band..felt like I was cheating on them...the Felder Fony and the drummer were good..the Walsh guy was so so.... And they messed up some lyrics, and talk about "wet sounding vocals on the wanna b Don....
Good thing the tix were free. Lol. Was good to get in my car and hear the real boys! Oh and Faxy Frey didn't even say nighty night.
:brickwall:

They did a pretty good smugglers blues, which was music to my ears..:thumbsup:

zeldabjr
06-09-2013, 07:06 AM
Skpx...too funny...I think I would feel like I was cheating on them too...weird huh?...thank God..we always have the real deal to listen to...aahhh...

Prettymaid
06-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Eagles cover bands can be fun, if you take them for what they're worth - a chance to hear covers of your favorite songs. I saw one once and had a good time...and I didn't feel like I was cheating on the Eagles. :hilarious:

Outlawman13
06-09-2013, 01:07 PM
LOL that would be like me!!! I would feel like I have cheated on the Eagles or just feeling too guilty!!! No other band can beat the Eagles though!!! LOL foxy Frey. I love it.

sodascouts
06-09-2013, 03:02 PM
I felt guilty yesterday when my sister was talking about how her family of four can't afford to take much of a vacation on the budget they have. When she told me what her vacation budget was, I realized I'd spent more than that last year on concerts (if you include travel costs). I'm too ashamed to put that figure here!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-09-2013, 04:08 PM
I just prefer not to think about it! I look at it as helping the economy along :)

Tiffanny Twisted
06-09-2013, 04:13 PM
soda.. u should not feel guilty. you can look at it like va...
but everybody decides how to spend their money...ya know extra money...
I always thought it was just a decision up to each individual. In our house its times two so everything has to be taken in to consideration(distance to travel and money for each concert aka ticket hotel food drinks etc)
I dont think you should feel bad..lol you do it times one shes gotta do it times 4...big difference
)

sad-cafe
06-09-2013, 05:54 PM
you budget your money the way you and your family need it. No reason to feel guilty for that.

We went on a cruise in March and paid money for the good seats for Eagles tickets in October.

In July, we are going on a weekend trip with our daughter and her boyfriend. We are paying for it all so we got a cheap motel. It is what we want to do. The tickets will probably be more than the weekend trip but we choose to spend our money like that.

Skpx
06-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Soda, how many do you attend a yearbook. Do you guys do the tour thing like deadheads do???
Just interested in where my obsession rates...

Skpx
06-09-2013, 11:46 PM
That was " a year. Not yearbook. Argh...

Witchy Woman
06-10-2013, 12:15 AM
I felt guilty yesterday when my sister was talking about how her family of four can't afford to take much of a vacation on the budget they have. When she told me what her vacation budget was, I realized I'd spent more than that last year on concerts (if you include travel costs). I'm too ashamed to put that figure here!

You should never feel guilty for spending the money you earn on things you choose and enjoy. It stands to reason a family of 4 will not have the same disposable income as a single person would. Have fun and enjoy !! You can't take it with you !!

zeldabjr
06-10-2013, 02:57 AM
You should never feel guilty for spending the money you earn on things you choose and enjoy. It stands to reason a family of 4 will not have the same disposable income as a single person would. Have fun and enjoy !! You can't take it with you !!

I'm so glad you said that WW...made me feel a lot better...lol

Troubadour
06-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Well said, WW!

cricrichan
06-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Ok, I thought about that enough^^ Here are my confessions:

* I definitely need to lose weight but in this period my body seems to need sugar ... it's time for me to start a diet >.<

* I can't stand some arrogant colleagues who never miss their chance to to belittle the work or the skills of other people :-x

* I'm a bit hypochondriac and also suffer from claustrophobia, so I'm pretty scared everytime I use an elevator or when I have to be in a narrow space :fear: ... but I always pretend everything's fine because I don't like to complain about this^^'

That's all for now ;)

VAisForEagleLovers
06-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Ok, I thought about that enough^^ Here are my confessions:

* I definitely need to lose weight but in this period my body seems to need sugar ... it's time for me to start a diet >.<

* I can't stand some arrogant colleagues who never miss their chance to to belittle the work or the skills of other people :-x

* I'm a bit hypochondriac and also suffer from claustrophobia, so I'm pretty scared everytime I use an elevator or when I have to be in a narrow space :fear: ... but I always pretend everything's fine because I don't like to complain about this^^'

That's all for now ;)

Just remember that those who belittle the work and skills of other people are generally suffering from low self esteem and insecurities. Normal people don't have to climb the backs of their coworkers or anyone else to get where they need to go. They come off as arrogant to try and prove they're better. Don't let them bother you, and be glad you don't have those issues!

As for the claustrophobia, I have a fear of heights and I can say I'm not embarrassed about it. I've learned to deal with it when I have to, but I really don't see the need to go to high places, so I avoid them. The fact that you get into elevators instead of using the stairs means you're dealing with it better than me!

cricrichan
06-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I try to use elevators just to deal with this fear ;) Thank you for your kind words VA :thumbsup:

EaglesKiwi
06-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Just remember that those who belittle the work and skills of other people are generally suffering from low self esteem and insecurities. Normal people don't have to climb the backs of their coworkers or anyone else to get where they need to go. They come off as arrogant to try and prove they're better. Don't let them bother you, and be glad you don't have those issues!
I needed to hear this, too! Thanks VA!

zeldabjr
06-11-2013, 04:12 AM
VA..you're right about people who belittle others...they're just trying to make themselves feel better because they have insecurity issues...and I think you do very well with the heights thing...you're a trooper...although we'll have to discuss the Space Needle in Seattle...lol

Cricrichan...you're very brave to use the elevators and not the stairs...that's not easy to do when you have that fear...:applause:

I just thought of another one for me...I am a terrible procrastinator...and don't really know how to stop it...and I'm getting worse as I get older...

cricrichan
06-12-2013, 06:52 PM
Thank you for the encouragement, Zelda ;)
Ummm I'm a procrastinator too ... always put things off because of my laziness :depressed:

zeldabjr
06-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Guilty pleasure is that I actually watch Jerseylicious and Keeping Up with the Kardashians. You don't have to tell me how sick that is, I already know. :headshake:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Brooke
06-13-2013, 10:15 AM
I admit I have watched them a few times! And also some of the 'Housewives' shows! Are those people fake or what! :hilarious:

zeldabjr
06-13-2013, 08:50 PM
ok I have to admit I am a coffee addict!...black and strong please!

Houston Baby
06-13-2013, 09:56 PM
I am addicted to Starbucks! Lately I have been going daily to get my "grande soy chai, no water please". I need to be saving $ for concerts! Of course since my doctor said the soy milk was good for me, I have taken this as a GO signal.

Outlawman13
06-13-2013, 10:15 PM
OHHH so they do have the chais there!!! MMMM I love that kind of tea!!! That's good that you don't get milk since your doctor said that soy is the best!!! Now I know what to get when I go to Starbucks again!!!

zeldabjr
06-13-2013, 10:35 PM
I am addicted to Starbucks! Lately I have been going daily to get my "grande soy chai, no water please". I need to be saving $ for concerts! Of course since my doctor said the soy milk was good for me, I have taken this as a GO signal.

what does "no water" mean???

Tiffanny Twisted
06-13-2013, 10:45 PM
I needed to hear this, too! Thanks VA!

Me three

Tiffanny Twisted
06-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Soda as my co worker said I never saw a brinks truck following a hearse.spend it your way:thumbsup:

Houston Baby
06-13-2013, 10:51 PM
Some of the Starbucks' baristas add water to the drink and it just dilutes it. My Starbucks knows not to add water but if I go to a different one, I always tell them no water. I can tell when there is water added as it is not as creamy.

OM13 - everyone that I have told to try the soy chai loves it! Try it sometime!

zeldabjr
06-13-2013, 10:52 PM
Soda as my co worker said I never saw a brinks truck following a hearse.spend it your way:thumbsup:

never heard that one before tt...:hilarious:

Houston Baby
06-13-2013, 10:52 PM
In fact, I am drinking one right now!!! :soda:

NYC Fan
06-13-2013, 11:06 PM
Some of the Starbucks' baristas add water to the drink and it just dilutes it. My Starbucks knows not to add water but if I go to a different one, I always tell them no water. I can tell when there is water added as it is not as creamy.

OM13 - everyone that I have told to try the soy chai loves it! Try it sometime!

I am totally addicted to their salted almond chocolate bites and that very berry hibiscus green coffee drink. I swear they put some sort of addictive substances in their drinks and food.

TT: Love the Brinks truck following the hearse comment. One of my friends always says "money in the bank would only depress me if it meant I had to miss a Bruce concert". I think as long as the bills are paid and no one is getting hurt/going hungry, that it's all good. Guilt is a useless emotion :-)

zeldabjr
06-14-2013, 12:49 AM
I am totally addicted to their salted almond chocolate bites and that very berry hibiscus green coffee drink. I swear they put some sort of addictive substances in their drinks and food.

TT: Love the Brinks truck following the hearse comment. One of my friends always says "money in the bank would only depress me if it meant I had to miss a Bruce concert". I think as long as the bills are paid and no one is getting hurt/going hungry, that it's all good. Guilt is a useless emotion :-)

NYCfan...I adore your friend's quote...

TakeMeToTheLimit
06-14-2013, 12:54 AM
I started to take too many aspirin last week I took 8 in the space of a probably about a couple of minutes I stopped myself though I just felt trapped everything seemed really dark

Houston Baby
06-14-2013, 09:06 AM
I started to take too many aspirin last week I took 8 in the space of a probably about a couple of minutes I stopped myself though I just felt trapped everything seemed really dark

TMTTL - please find someone to talk to about your situation whether it is a trusted friend, clergy or a professional therapist. I am not sure where you live but here there are also professionals who volunteer their services. Some problems are just too great to face alone. Take care! :hug:

Brooke
06-14-2013, 09:37 AM
TMTTL, I echo that! Please! Prayers for you.

TakeMeToTheLimit
06-14-2013, 12:03 PM
I felt guilty yesterday when my sister was talking about how her family of four can't afford to take much of a vacation on the budget they have. When she told me what her vacation budget was, I realized I'd spent more than that last year on concerts (if you include travel costs). I'm too ashamed to put that figure here! yeah soda I agree its nothing to feel guilty about if you can afford to spend money on things you enjoy you should I know I would! Lol if I could afford to attend every eagles concert going I would and wouldn't feel any guilt! I'm self indulgent :D

TakeMeToTheLimit
06-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Hi thanks for the advice guys its really appreciated l`ll get myself sorted out get some professional help if necessary, I've read a lot worse things than what's effecting me which make what's bothering me seem trivial and pathetic

Witchy Woman
06-14-2013, 07:23 PM
Hi thanks for the advice guys its really appreciated l`ll get myself sorted out get some professional help if necessary, I've read a lot worse things than what's effecting me which make what's bothering me seem trivial and pathetic

Just because you feel someone else has it worse than you doesn't make your problems any less important. It is imperative you understand that your feelings and the things that hurt you are NOT trivial and pathetic. They affect YOU, and that makes them important. Take the time to speak to someone. There is no shame in admitting you need help.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-14-2013, 11:36 PM

I live the quote of your friend as well and I agree

Ive always been a dreamer
06-15-2013, 12:18 AM
TMTTL - I'm really sorry to hear about your issues. I agree with those who have suggested that you find a trained professional to talk to about this. Unforturnately, it's probably not a great idea to seek advice from folks on the internet. None of us are professionally trained to help you deal with these types of problems. I wish you luck and hope you can get the help you need.

sad-cafe
06-15-2013, 07:01 PM
do you ever feel like just packing your stuff and just leaving

sad-cafe
06-15-2013, 07:02 PM
my daughter (21 and still living at home in college) and my hubby irritate me

EaglesKiwi
06-15-2013, 07:10 PM
I think that's part of the job description... :nahnah:

EaglesKiwi
06-15-2013, 07:12 PM
do you ever feel like just packing your stuff and just leaving
Sad Cafe, sounds like you need a little "me time" ??

Tiffanny Twisted
06-15-2013, 07:18 PM
sc
jmi I have come to the conclussion that it has to do with "changes in life"
(hormonal, financial , in laws , children growning....life spinning out of control.) jmo

cricrichan
06-16-2013, 11:06 AM

Oh, so sorry to hear this, SC ... :(

TakeMeToTheLimit
06-16-2013, 12:20 PM
just sorted through my laundry basket cos it was starting to smell with all my sweaty socks that have been in there for a while ;\ worse yet cos I'd been running out of clean boxerz/socks I've been wearing the same socks 2 or 3 days running (very ashamed!) :D

TakeMeToTheLimit
06-16-2013, 12:39 PM
just sorted through my laundry basket cos it was starting to smell with all my sweaty socks that have been in there for a while ;\ worse yet cos I'd been running out of clean boxerz/socks I've been wearing the same socks 2 or 3 days running (very ashamed!) :D

I really need someone to look after me :D

Glennsallnighter
06-18-2013, 04:34 AM
You Do TMTTL !!!

I must confess I was delighted when my dear hubby was called into work on Saturday evening, having been on his 4 weeks annual leave. The first thing I thought was....

'YAY!! Now I can watch the HOTE DVD without being disturbed or teased'!

TakeMeToTheLimit
06-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Lol bet you wouldn't be without him though eh, it does have its advantages being single gets really lonely tho ;( aww poor me :D

Glennsallnighter
06-18-2013, 06:34 PM
You are absolutely right TMTTL! But a few hours 'me-time' once a month or so isn't a bad option either!

sad-cafe
06-18-2013, 11:17 PM
I agree.

My sisters and I are going to take a weekend to ourselves no hubbies or kids at all!

Houston Baby
06-19-2013, 12:40 AM
Sounds like fun SC! After the past few crazy weeks, you earned some "me" time!

sad-cafe
06-19-2013, 01:41 AM
thanks

it will be in July so I have to wait a bit, of course we will be having a lot of house fix stuff first.

Glennsallnighter
06-19-2013, 04:21 AM
I agree.

My sisters and I are going to take a weekend to ourselves no hubbies or kids at all!

Enjoy!

I know exactly how you feel SC! The first time I was away from my family in 12 years (since before the kids were born) was when I met up with the other Borderers in Niagara Falls in 2011. It was like stepping into another world! No childcare, appointments, dancing classes, football matches, mad shopping dashes..... You get the picture!

sad-cafe
06-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Enjoy!

I know exactly how you feel SC! The first time I was away from my family in 12 years (since before the kids were born) was when I met up with the other Borderers in Niagara Falls in 2011. It was like stepping into another world! No childcare, appointments, dancing classes, football matches, mad shopping dashes..... You get the picture!

Sounds great! I think we are going to go to Branson Missouri. It will be so much fun.

Brooke
06-19-2013, 03:47 PM
Love Branson! Have you been there before?

cricrichan
06-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Sounds great! I think we are going to go to Branson Missouri. It will be so much fun.

Oh, it's great, SC! Hope you and your sister will enjoy your weekend! ;)

sad-cafe
06-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Love Branson! Have you been there before?

yes, but it has been years.

I want to see the Titanic Museum and go to Silver Dollar City

other than that, I don't care what we do. One of my sisters wants to go to Branson Landing? I guess it is an outdoor mall with fountains?

Brooke
06-19-2013, 04:54 PM
yes, but it has been years.

I want to see the Titanic Museum and go to Silver Dollar City

other than that, I don't care what we do. One of my sisters wants to go to Branson Landing? I guess it is an outdoor mall with fountains?

Yes, it's a great mall and catch the fountains at night. Beautiful! Love Silver Dollar City too! I haven't been to the Titanic Museum, but I heard it's great! There are lots of country music shows too, but I've only been to one of those and I can't even remember the guy's name! It was good though, at the time. The Dixie Stampede is supposed to be the best. Have fun!

sad-cafe
06-19-2013, 09:47 PM
Dixie Stampede is probably something we will do. Is that where they throw the rolls?

My oldest sister wants to go see a ? brothers act? Not sure who she is thinking?

Troubadour
06-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Sometimes, during break at school, I go and hide away in the bathroom just to enjoy a few minutes of peace and quiet away from the children and the drama. Often the sensor lights turn off when you are still in there and, you know what? I don't care. The silence and darkness is bliss.

Is this what parenting is like? :lol:

Brooke
06-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Dixie Stampede is probably something we will do. Is that where they throw the rolls?

My oldest sister wants to go see a ? brothers act? Not sure who she is thinking?

They throw the rolls at Lamberts, which is a restaurant. I don't know if they do that at the DS. Google Branson, that will give you all the shows and everything else there!

Prettymaid
06-20-2013, 07:18 PM
We went to Branson back in 2004 and went to the Dixie Stampede, and no, I don't remember them throwing rolls. You sit on bleachers with a wooden counter in front of you, running the length of the row. There is an aisle for the waiters to walk in front of every row. You get no silverware - everything they serve can be picked up and eaten in your hands. And man, was it good!

sad-cafe
06-20-2013, 08:58 PM
sounds good

Henley Honey
06-25-2013, 06:18 PM
More times than not when I'm listening to my Eagles catalog on my ipod, I skip over Hotel California. :grooving: :shh: Don't tell Austin.

Glennsallnighter
06-25-2013, 06:45 PM
We won't HH. Your secret is safe with us!

Prettymaid
06-25-2013, 06:47 PM
More times than not when I'm listening to my Eagles catalog on my ipod, I skip over Hotel California. :grooving: :shh: Don't tell Austin.

That kind of bums me out too, HH. ;-)

WalshFan88
06-25-2013, 07:32 PM

:enraged::argue::sword::fight::lightsaber::armed: :machinegun:

:hilarious:

How could you? Their definitive song and (frankly) best song...

Shame on you. :rofl:

VAisForEagleLovers
06-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Austin, you weren't supposed to know!

Actually, HH, you can see why we're such good friends. I do, too.

WalshFan88
06-25-2013, 07:46 PM
Austin, you weren't supposed to know!

I've got a great detective and inside person to keep me in the know. :D A little birdie told me. :hilarious:

Henley Honey
06-25-2013, 08:07 PM
It is a great song and I do love it. Maybe it's just my attention span vs. a seven minute song. I get antsy and have to change it up.

zeldabjr
06-25-2013, 08:08 PM
wow...I never thought of skipping any of their songs when I listen to them...

VAisForEagleLovers
06-25-2013, 08:09 PM
I would agree with that for myself except I have no problems paying attention all the way through Lyin' Eyes. I really think that it's I heard it 400,000,000 times inside of about four months when I was a teen. Plus, it sounds SO much better live.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-25-2013, 08:12 PM
wow...I never thought of skipping any of their songs when I listen to them...

Actually I skip quite a few and never the same ones, except for HC and Please Come Home For Christmas (when it's not Christmastime). Other songs like TIE, PEF, and 7BR get played three or more times in a row consistently.

Freypower
06-25-2013, 09:36 PM
Actually I skip quite a few and never the same ones, except for HC and Please Come Home For Christmas (when it's not Christmastime). Other songs like TIE, PEF, and 7BR get played three or more times in a row consistently.

There are only two Eagles songs I don't have on my iPod. They are PCHFC & LWKUA (runs & hides a long way away). So it's not a question of them being skipped. I don't play them at all. I watch LWKUA on HFO & F1.

Glennsallnighter
06-26-2013, 12:43 PM
The only one I ever really skip is PCH4C when it's not in season as it seems a little silly to listen to it then.

However sometimes when I am exercising on the cross trainer I tend to skip the slower songs because I want a beat in the music to motivate me to push it! My favourites here are THIO, TIE, DL, TWTH, TL and POMPOY

cricrichan
06-26-2013, 04:28 PM
:enraged::argue::sword::fight::lightsaber::armed: :machinegun:

:hilarious:

How could you? Their definitive song and (frankly) best song...

Shame on you. :rofl:

Hahahahaha :lol::lol::lol: Ummm ... how can I say? :roll: Oh, yeah: HC is not in my top 5 favourite Eagles' songs as well ... sorry Austin!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Prettymaid
06-26-2013, 07:18 PM
Well, well, well...the truth is coming out in this Confessions thread, isn't it? Lol!

WalshFan88
06-26-2013, 09:49 PM
Hahahahaha :lol::lol::lol: Ummm ... how can I say? :roll: Oh, yeah: HC is not in my top 5 favourite Eagles' songs as well ... sorry Austin!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sigh..... It's your loss.... :hilarious:

zeldabjr
06-27-2013, 02:32 AM
Sigh..... It's your loss.... :hilarious:

well I'm with you on this Austin....it's their loss!!!!

cricrichan
06-27-2013, 06:10 AM
Sigh..... It's your loss.... :hilarious:LOL :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: Well, I said HC is not in my top 5, but I really do love it because it's the very first Eagles' song I heard when I was a child :heart: Never thought of skipping it, LOL ;)

Prettymaid
07-01-2013, 12:46 PM
I thought of one.

I was listening to Dirty Laundry this past weekend, and it reminded me that the phone ringing in the background drives me crazy! I like the song otherwise...

Brooke
07-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Pm, I've caught myself thinking it was my own phone ringing and then realized it was in the song! :doh: :hilarious:

Prettymaid
07-01-2013, 06:13 PM
Pm, I've caught myself thinking it was my own phone ringing and then realized it was in the song! :doh: :hilarious:

Yes! I think it's a phone ringing somewhere, and then I catch myself!

Glennsallnighter
07-04-2013, 04:54 PM
I'm tempted not to read any of the Louisville reviews as I'd love to experience the whole show with no prior knowledge. But I know once it is over I'll be ready and waiting..........

Prettymaid
07-04-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm tempted not to read any of the Louisville reviews as I'd love to experience the whole show with no prior knowledge. But I know once it is over I'll be ready and waiting..........

I know exactly how you feel! That's why I'm so glad I'm going!

Glennsallnighter
07-05-2013, 02:24 AM
Oooooh. :jealous:

I'm at a very intense part of my exam marking so Louisville would never have been an option. However I am delighted that I will have the chance to see the show later in the year, and before they decide to do Europe!

Topkat
07-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Is this just Eagles confessions? or any confessions?

My confession is that I think I'm crushing on the adorable lifeguard at the pool this year....I think he's about 20 or 21.... That's hard for me to confess!!! That I'm crushing on a baby!

sodascouts
07-09-2013, 12:33 PM
At least he's legal, lol.

Topkat
07-09-2013, 01:27 PM
At least he's legal, lol.

Very funny! Yes, and he has the nerve to do pull ups at the pool while we are all there watching!

Brooke
07-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Tk, too funny! :soda:

cricrichan
07-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Is this just Eagles confessions? or any confessions?

My confession is that I think I'm crushing on the adorable lifeguard at the pool this year....I think he's about 20 or 21.... That's hard for me to confess!!! That I'm crushing on a baby!

Don't worry TK! I'm 36 and I'm crushing on one of my best friends :blush: He's only 24 ... so ... you're in good company :nahnah:

zeldabjr
07-11-2013, 09:47 PM
as long as they're legal...it's all good ladies!!!!

cricrichan
07-12-2013, 03:41 AM
as long as they're legal...it's all good ladies!!!!
LOOOL :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

On the other hand I'm also crushing on a certain sweet married bass player who is 65 :blush: :blush: :blush: ... a bit older than me, LOL ;)

Outlawman13
07-12-2013, 11:41 PM
We just love our men don't we?!!! MMM

I'm always falling for the bad boys myself. LOL

TimothyBFan
07-15-2013, 09:13 AM
I'm finally going to add to this thread and see how many of you are going to admit the same thing today.....

Hubby is going to buy me a box of Twinkies today on his way home and I am going to indulge myself. :hilarious:

Seriously---these have always been one of my weaknesses and because of that, I just don't buy them. I haven't had one in at least 3 years BUT this past year I've actually craved them. I think it was because I knew I just couldn't get one.

Another confession, also involving Twinkies--- when I was pregnant with my daughter, I bought a box of these at 7-11 after work one night and ate the whole darn box on my way home. :hilarious: Needless to say, I really didn't want anymore for awhile after that. Kind of made myself ill. Hubby just shook his head when he saw me throw the empty box filled with the wrappers in the trash that night when I walked in the door. Smart man that can keep his mouth shut like that. :thumbsup:

Henley Honey
07-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Twinkies were too sweet for me, but I could put away a box of Yankee Doodles no problem!!

Topkat
07-15-2013, 11:03 AM
I was into Devil Dogs or Ring Dings! I was never that into Twinkies, but I would have one occasionally. I don't think I will be eating any today now that they are back on the market....but now I kinda want a Devil Dog!:nahnah:

Yesterday at the pool, I didn't even give one look at cutie at the lifeguard table.
He is just way too young!:eyebrow:

Outlawman13
07-15-2013, 11:49 AM
I don't really like Twinkies that much either, but I love Zebra Cakes. OHHH I used to eat those all the time when I was younger. Pretty much every day at school.

Houston Baby
07-15-2013, 01:51 PM
I have always wanted one of the fried Twinkies that they have at fairs & festivals. Now that Twinkies are back, the next fair/festival that I go to I am definitely going to get one!

My weakness is Blue Bell ice cream. One of their summer flavors is Italian cream cake & it is delicious!! Unfortunately I had to cut myself off the ice cream since I have no control once I start!! :weep:

Troubadour
07-15-2013, 02:08 PM
LOL, I'm not even sure what Twinkies are. I've heard of them, but don't know what they actually consist of. On a similar topic though, I've just made my way through a whole box of ice lollies... (Think I deserve it after fighting an ant infestation in this heat!)

Houston Baby
07-15-2013, 03:30 PM
LOL, I'm not even sure what Twinkies are. I've heard of them, but don't know what they actually consist of. On a similar topic though, I've just made my way through a whole box of ice lollies... (Think I deserve it after fighting an ant infestation in this heat!)

What are ice lollies?

Twinkies are kinda like a sweet vanilla sponge cake with a white cream filling. They are shaped like a small loaf. I have heard they have a shelf life of 17 years - LOL!

Troubadour
07-15-2013, 03:32 PM
What are ice lollies?

Popsicles? Frozen juice, basically!

WalshFan88
07-15-2013, 04:57 PM
I used to eat Cake Rolls a lot as a kid - the ones with chocolate covering. I think Little Debbie makes them tho, not Hostess. But yeah - I use to eat those a lot.

Freypower
07-15-2013, 08:01 PM
:NB: This post was in response to a comment about Timothy B. Schmit which has since been deleted. I deleted my response.

Houston Baby
07-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Popsicles? Frozen juice, basically!

Thanks Troub! I thought they were maybe popsicles! I like the name ice lollies, think I will start using that term! :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
07-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Yes this isn't the thread. Here we're into lighthearted fights like "Twinkies over Ho-Ho's...really?". Ho-Ho's are IT!!

Topkat
07-15-2013, 08:24 PM
Yes this isn't the thread. Here we're into lighthearted fights like "Twinkies over Ho-Ho's...really?". Ho-Ho's are IT!!

No, Devil Dogs......
Leave Timmy out of this!:weep: I Don't Wanna Hear Anymore!:heart:

TimothyBFan
07-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Thanks Troub! I thought they were maybe popsicles! I like the name ice lollies, think I will start using that term! :thumbsup:

:hilarious: Me too. :)

Troubadour
07-15-2013, 08:43 PM
That's funny!

Prettymaid
07-15-2013, 09:20 PM
Well, I'll tell you one thing. An ice lolly sounds a lot healthier than a Twinkie!

These individual snack cake vendors are all over the U.S. Hostess is the big one in the Midwest, and Little Debbie. I'm trying to remember the one out East. I used to live in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, and I ate them all the time.

ETA: Found it! Drakes Cakes!

I also found this photo of a Twinkie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snack_cake

Troubadour
07-15-2013, 09:27 PM
Thanks, PM!

zeldabjr
07-15-2013, 09:57 PM
DID I SEE SOMETHING ABOUT SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE TIMOTHY B SCHMIT AS AN EAGLE?..I'M NOT IN THE MOOD FOR JOKES LATELY...:machinegun::machinegun::machinegun:

Troubadour
07-15-2013, 10:00 PM
LOL! Take it easy, Scarface... ;)

Prettymaid
07-15-2013, 10:04 PM
DID I SEE SOMETHING ABOUT SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE TIMOTHY B SCHMIT AS AN EAGLE?..I'M NOT IN THE MOOD FOR JOKES LATELY...:machinegun::machinegun::machinegun:

Huh?

Freypower
07-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Huh?

I deleted a couple of posts about this. Sorry for the confusion. I told the person who posted it that this thread was not appropriate for such comments. I did not want any discussion of this nature to get out of hand.

zeldabjr
07-15-2013, 10:09 PM
I am a very mild mannered woman...ask anyone who has met me...I'm as meek as they come ...BUT...when someone says they don't like Timothy B. Schmit as an Eagle...I AM GOING TO BLOW A GASKET AND (omg I can't even say what I'm thinking)........that is all...

Outlawman13
07-15-2013, 10:11 PM
I'm the same way Brenda!!

Freypower
07-15-2013, 10:12 PM
I am a very mild mannered woman...ask anyone who has met me...I'm as meek as they come ...BUT...when someone says they don't like Timothy B. Schmit as an Eagle...I AM GOING TO BLOW A GASKET AND (omg I can't even say what I'm thinking)........that is all...

OK, but unless the person who made the comment chooses to raise it elsewhere can I ask that we consider the issue closed.

zeldabjr
07-15-2013, 10:14 PM
OK, but unless the person who made the comment chooses to raise it elsewhere can I ask that we consider the issue closed.

okay...but why did I have to see it?...LOL

Prettymaid
07-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Well...I've met you and let's just say that you're mild-mannered until you've missed out on purchasing Eagles concert gear! Whew! Just sayin'! :hilarious:

zeldabjr
07-15-2013, 10:31 PM
Well...I've met you and let's just say that you're mild-mannered until you've missed out on purchasing Eagles concert gear! Whew! Just sayin'! :hilarious:

ok PM...so I'm not always mild mannered and meek...lol

Brooke
07-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Glad I missed out on that one! :fear:

Twinkies, Ho-Ho's, Ding Dongs, I love 'em all! Ding Dongs, personal fave, are chocolate covered chocolate cakes with cream filling. Yum! I'm thinking I need a Twinkie right now since they've been gone a while though! (Note to self to buy some next time at the grocery store. Wish I had one to go with my afternoon cappuccino!)

TBF, your story about eating the whole box is too funny! I feel guilty eating just one, so I'd never live through a whole box! :lol:

I like 'ice lollies' too! Great for a hot summer afternoon!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-16-2013, 07:20 PM
It's all about the Ho-Ho's!!!

Prettymaid
07-16-2013, 09:18 PM
I was always a Hostess Cupcake girl. The general rule of thumb for me is that if the desert isn't chocolate, it's not worth eating. Nowadays I stay away from all of these snack cakes. That's not to say I don't have my share of deserts. Sweets are my weakness. :drool:

Tiffanny Twisted
07-16-2013, 09:31 PM
ok PM...so I'm not always mild mannered and meek...lol

Aah yeah she is ......she was just mad about not getting stuff. We would all have reacted the same...fess up

Outlawman13
07-16-2013, 11:41 PM
LOL!!! I love chocolate, but cheesecakes are my weakness!!!! I love those!!

TimothyBFan
07-17-2013, 08:41 AM
TBF, your story about eating the whole box is too funny! I feel guilty eating just one, so I'd never live through a whole box! :lol:

Hey, I was 7 months pregnant! Don't judge me!! :hilarious:

Houston Baby
07-17-2013, 08:54 AM
LOL!!! I love chocolate, but cheesecakes are my weakness!!!! I love those!!

Oh, I love cheesecake too!!! :heart::heart::heart:
We should meet at the Cheesecake Factory sometime - LOL!!! There is one at Memorial City! My favorite is the banana - it is so light & fluffy, you do not even realize you are eating a calorie loaded cheesecake! :hilarious:

Outlawman13
07-17-2013, 05:28 PM
LOL I know that for sure. Yeah that would be amazing!!! I've always wanted to go there!!!! LOL I can't eat that much of it though. I start feeling blech after a piece. My favvie is the cherry!!!

sad-cafe
07-21-2013, 12:59 AM
I don't know whether to just pick up my clothes and walk out the door or to law down the law to both my 21 year old KID and my 46 year old hubby. At the moment I am not fond of either of them and they sure make me feel worthless. If it were not for the Crohn's disease and the insurance I need and the Eagles Tickets in October, I think I would just get in my jeep and just drive and never look back

another thought is to go to sleep and never wake up but I would probably screw that up as well.

Outlawman13
07-21-2013, 01:11 AM
I'm so sorry about all of that Pam!! I sure do hope that everything gets better in the long run!! People can be so terrible for sure!!

Houston Baby
07-21-2013, 11:41 AM
:hug: SC

I hope & pray things get better.

Glennsallnighter
07-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Awwww. Hugs SC! :hug: :hug::hug:

I hope things get better for you too.

Prettymaid
07-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Hang in there SC. Hopefully it was just a bad day and things don't look so bleak now.

sad-cafe
07-22-2013, 11:39 PM
thanks guys, I definitely felt the good will today. I have just come to the realization that my kid is a brat. It is time for her to move out regardless of the fact that she is in college. She wants to treat me like chit she can do it from afar. I think hubby is feeling the same way.

He, on the other hand, is going to take some work. He is so very insecure and needy. Sometimes it drives me insane. I know he loves me but at times I just want to scream at him to grow up.

Prettymaid
07-22-2013, 11:53 PM
thanks guys, I definitely felt the good will today. I have just come to the realization that my kid is a brat. It is time for her to move out regardless of the fact that she is in college. She wants to treat me like chit she can do it from afar. I think hubby is feeling the same way.

He, on the other hand, is going to take some work. He is so very insecure and needy. Sometimes it drives me insane. I know he loves me but at times I just want to scream at him to grow up.

Tough love, SC...tough love.

Outlawman13
07-23-2013, 12:02 AM
I'm sorry about your family!!! Like Cathy said, tough love!!! Ahh one of those men eh? I don't like the needy/clingy guys. I just hope it all works out for you girl!!

Glennsallnighter
07-23-2013, 07:26 AM
The other option is you call your daughter in, put your cards on the table, tell her what's on and what isn't and give her a time period to clean up her act....

Brooke
07-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Ga, good advice!

s-c, hope things are getting better!

Prettymaid
07-24-2013, 03:46 PM
The other option is you call your daughter in, put your cards on the table, tell her what's on and what isn't and give her a time period to clean up her act....

I would consider that a good form of tough love! :nod:

cricrichan
07-24-2013, 06:11 PM
I'm so sorry, SC ... sending hugs your way and hope things get better ... :hug::hug::hug:

glenneaglesfan
07-24-2013, 06:39 PM
I don't know whether to just pick up my clothes and walk out the door or to law down the law to both my 21 year old KID and my 46 year old hubby. At the moment I am not fond of either of them and they sure make me feel worthless. If it were not for the Crohn's disease and the insurance I need and the Eagles Tickets in October, I think I would just get in my jeep and just drive and never look back

another thought is to go to sleep and never wake up but I would probably screw that up as well.

Oh SC, do I know how you feel. I'm so sorry you are down at the moment. Keep strong and know that we are all here to give you support, as I have been given over the last few weeks.

Outlawman13
07-26-2013, 01:38 PM
I sure do hope things are better Pam!!! Lay down the law to your daughter and your hubby.

sad-cafe
07-31-2013, 04:08 PM
thank you for all the support. Our weekend was okay ( I kept quiet a lot to keep the peace) Daughters boyfriend is a really good guy and we rode a lot of rides together so it wasn't all bad. I let him drive home and I slept a lot.

School starts next week so I will have something to focus on. I am at the point to really lay down the law when the situation presents itself.

I hold back tho because what has been said can not be unsaid. I hate confrontation.

you all are awesome!