PDA

View Full Version : Just found this

tbs fanatic
07-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Go to the site - allwoodandstones.com. It is about a CD by James Lee Stanley and John Batdorf. They have done acoustic versions of Rolling Stones songs. It is really great and Timothy is on two of the songs 'Last Time" and 'As Tears Go By'. You can hear samples of the songs and they are really lovely. I'm definitely getting it. Tell me what you think of the sample songs. :D

sodascouts
07-10-2007, 06:10 PM
I love these acoustic albums - they're so pretty. I liked "As Tears Go By" - simple and mellow. I was unable to download "Last Time," however. I'll try again later.

JoeFan
07-11-2007, 02:57 PM
I was able to download both, they're nice, I prefer 'As Tears Go By.'

Ive always been a dreamer
07-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Thanks for this info, tbs. I liked them a lot. I was surprized at how much I like Satisfaction. Of course, the ones with Timothy in them are among the best. And I'm not just saying that - they really are. :)

tbs fanatic
07-21-2007, 10:53 AM
I agree. You wouldn't think this would work with Rolling Stones songs but it does.

glenneaglesfan
07-21-2007, 03:11 PM
These tracks sound amazing. I agree that you wouldn't normally associate the Stones with acoustic, but these work very well, and the guitar technique is superb. These two guys are pretty skilled. Thanks for the link, tbsf.