PDA

View Full Version : James Gandolfini

Henley Honey
06-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Just heard on CNN that he died of an apparent heart attack while in Italy.
Only 51-years old.

mustangkim11
06-19-2013, 08:10 PM
What a loss! James was only a year older than me. I really feel for his family, friends and all the lucky people that got to work with him. RIP, he will be missed!

thelongrun
06-19-2013, 08:18 PM
RIP Jimmy, a fine actor I loved his work. Few like him.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/james-gandolfini---the-sopranos--star--dead-at-51-234433183.html

Topkat
06-19-2013, 08:50 PM
I just heard this sad news...Only 51..He was a fantastic actor & will be missed...RIP

Prettymaid
06-19-2013, 09:07 PM
That's too young. :headshake:

SilverMoon
06-19-2013, 09:14 PM
I can’t believe it! I’m shocked! This is very sad news. He was too young to die. R.I.P. James.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-19-2013, 09:16 PM
rip...peace and prayers for all his loved ones ....family and fans

Houston Baby
06-19-2013, 09:58 PM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. He was a fine actor & I liked his work. My condolences to his family & friends. He will be missed in the entertainment world.

sad-cafe
06-19-2013, 10:56 PM
this one was very hard to hear. We loved the Sopranos

NYC Fan
06-20-2013, 12:16 AM
This makes me so sad. He was so brilliant in the Sopranos. Saw him on Broadway in God of Carnage a few years back and he was fantastic. Would also see him at the occasional Springsteen show in NY and NJ, where he always looked like he was having so much fun watching his consigliere Silvio on stage.

So sad and much too young :-(

Witchy Woman
06-20-2013, 01:46 AM
Very, very sad. I'm a huge fan of The Sopranos. May he rest in peace :-(

Troubadour
06-20-2013, 02:38 AM
OMG... I can't believe this. I am so sad. He was an incredible actor. Way too young. :-(

TimothyBFan
06-20-2013, 08:24 AM
This was rather shocking to hear this morning on the news. Way to young.

Brooke
06-20-2013, 03:04 PM
I didn't really know of his work as we never got to see the Sopranos, but it's very sad news. My daughter loved him and is devastated. Way too young to die.

May he rest in peace.

sad-cafe
06-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Brooke,

You have GOT to watch the Sopranos. It was one of the best series on TV. Even my hubby looked forward to it with each new episode.

Brooke
06-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Wasn't it on HBO? We don't get that.

I guess I could look it up on amazon.....

Prettymaid
06-20-2013, 07:36 PM
I didn't really know of his work as we never got to see the Sopranos, but it's very sad news. My daughter loved him and is devastated. Way too young to die.

May he rest in peace.

We're the same, Brooke. We don't get HBO so we never saw The Sopranos.

sad-cafe
06-20-2013, 07:56 PM
if you can Net-flix it do so, if not get it on DVD series or rent them, it will be well worth it. My husband is not a tv person but he watched every episode of this show and owns it all on DVD. It is that good.

NYC Fan
06-21-2013, 10:20 AM
SC-

Totally agree. This show was brilliant and he gave an unforgettable performance. I'm sure these are on Netflix and are well worth taking the time to watch.

I saw this story on a Springsteen website today and thought I'd post it, as it's pretty cute. I was at this show in December 2001 and remember this moment so well. It was SUCH a classic NJ moment :-)

"About ten years ago I was up in Asbury Park, having a great time playing consigliere to Backstreets editor Chris Phillips while we attended an amazingly intimate Springsteen holiday show at Convention Hall. The place only holds about 2,000 people and feels more like a high school gym. We were on the floor just before showtime, milling about and chit-chattin' away, so excited for the show. Just then James Gandolfini strolled right past us, gave a quick head nod as our recognition became apparent, and headed up the bleachers to his seat. Well, as he climbed those stairs the murmurs began quickly, and by the time he was halfway up the chanting began. "Tony, Tony, Tony!" The Sopranos was still pretty new, and his iconic status was not quite in full bloom, but in this room, well... He looked only a bit uneasy as he made his way down the row to his seat, apologizing to those he passed, all while the crescendo grew, the entire joint now yelling his fictional name. Gandolfini gave a quick wave and smile before sitting; everyone cheered and then some laughs as we realized what just happened. Tony Soprano was in the house!

The show began and Bruce was now center stage. Folks kinda forgot about Gandolfini, which I assume was exactly what he wanted. About a minute into the show, I turned from my own seat — about ten rows down from the TV mob boss — to see a very excited Jimmy Gandolfini remove his button-down shirt to reveal a tight concert tee and pull out a bandana, which he quickly tied around his head Little Steven-style. A tribute to Silvio, perhaps. I nudged Chris to turn and take a look, and we both watched for a few seconds while the new star was back to being Jimmy from the block, pumping his fist in the air, rockin' out like the rest of us, lost in his joy. Rave on, brother."

- June 20, 2013 - Andrew Massimino reporting