PDA

View Full Version : Grand Funk Railroad to Open for Joe on 8/18

Ive always been a dreamer
07-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Grand Funk Railroad will open for Joe at his show on August 18th at the Illinois State Fair in Springfield. This should be quite a show. It must be quite a big deal in Illinois because it was actually announced in a press release by the Illinois governor's office. Here's a link:

http://www.illinois.gov/PressReleases/ShowPressRelease.cfm?SubjectID=1&RecNum=6074

JoeFan
07-12-2007, 04:28 AM
Thanks for the info dreamer, sounds like a splendid show, I certainly wish I could afford to fly to the States and see it, or see any Joe show, really.

glenneaglesfan
07-12-2007, 05:24 AM
I was just thinking the same, JF. If only Joe (and any of the others) would come over here and do a mini tour.
Thanks for the link, dreamer!

Brooke
07-12-2007, 10:08 AM
8) I always liked their songs back in the day!

I'm still contemplating going to this. Thanks dreamer!

sodascouts
07-14-2007, 06:43 PM
I don't think I know any songs by Grand Funk Railroad, but I sure wish I could go to that show in Illinois. It's driving distance... just bad timing.

DonFan
07-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Grand Funk Railroad's biggest hit was a great song called "We're an American Band."

Freypower
07-15-2007, 07:02 PM
And don't forget Some Kind Of Wonderful, which Glenn covered at Royal Oak. They only really had one hit here, which was their somewhat heavy metal cover of The Locomotion.

Ive always been a dreamer
07-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Yep - I like "Some Kind of Wonderful". I honestly don't remember "We're an American Band". I'll have to find a sample of it to see if my memory is refreshed. I thought they were pretty good back in the day even though they weren't one of my favorites. I think this will be a great show though. Too bad Miss Soda will be off seeing another Eagle and won't be able to go to this! :wink:

sodascouts
07-15-2007, 11:16 PM
Yeah, sucks to be me! ;)

Oh, so they originally did "Some Kind of Wonderful"? I remember when I first saw that song on Glenn's set list, I thought I was going to get the Drifters song. I knew that one by heart. The Grand Funk one... not so much. But I'm learning. ;)

SweetHolly
07-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Grand Frunk Railroad also did a cover of The Locomotion.