PDA

View Full Version : Today Show story on why tickets are so hard to get

Brooke
07-02-2013, 10:13 AM
The Today Show addressed getting concert tickets this morning. Pretty much what we knew already! :mad:

http://www.today.com/news/why-you-cant-get-tickets-hottest-concerts-6C10505415

TimothyBFan
07-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Interesting!!!

http://www.today.com/news/why-you-cant-get-tickets-hottest-concerts-6C10505415

Prettymaid
07-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Thanks TBF. Just as we suspected.

That last tip - waiting- was what I was trying to go for this time, but, once again, we caved!

Prettymaid
07-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Willie started a thread about this. There's not too much we didn't already know, but it felt good to watch it being addressed.

Topkat
07-02-2013, 01:08 PM
Even the Pre-sale tickets are not the best choice seats. I have been on for several days with every code they were offering & the seats were not the best. I think the venue holds back certain entire sections to sell off later. I don't know what the point is to have a pre-sale & not even offer good seats..:sad:
Kinda pisses me off.

TimothyBFan
07-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Sorry guys. Didn't realize it was here also. I just didn't want it getting lost in another thread. I really think it's something that has to be addressed because it isn't going to get any better. This and the ticket prices are very frustrating to the average fan and until more and more people expose what's really going on, it's never going to end.

prayfordaylight
07-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Thanks TBF. Just as we suspected.

That last tip - waiting- was what I was trying to go for this time, but, once again, we caved!

I'm trying my best to wait because tickets are far too expensive still for 3 weeks out but it's HARD!

Brooke
07-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Oops! Sorry! If anyone knows how to merge these posts, go for it!

Brooke
07-02-2013, 02:14 PM
I agree this really needs a separate thread, so if anyone can merge it will help us avoid having to post in two threads. I don't know how or I would do it.

Brooke
07-02-2013, 02:20 PM
And to reply here,

I have tried to wait and wait and it has paid off sometimes, but the last time for Fleetwood Mac, it did not. I ended up 2 hours before the show with row 22 in the center floor which was very hard to see much of anything. I couldn't even see the big screens up high because there was a huge pipe in front of them on both sides from my angle. I tried my best to enjoy it, because I wanted to see them so bad, but ........

It's just dumb luck if you wait and end up getting a good seat. And very nerve wracking checking all the time.

Looks like the average person's chance of going to see a big performer's days are pretty much over. And that is sad. :sad:

Freypower
07-02-2013, 06:45 PM
NB: I moved this here but I am unable to merge it with the existing thread.

Tiffanny Twisted
07-02-2013, 07:37 PM
i would say unbelievable but unbelievable:computer:

VAisForEagleLovers
07-02-2013, 09:39 PM
I moved the posts here from the other thread.