PDA

View Full Version : Randy Travis is very ill

sad-cafe
07-11-2013, 01:08 PM
has something wrong with his heart, maybe had a stroke and had brain surgery.

He has a very good voice and this is so sad.

Brooke
07-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Yes, it is. It seems a virus attacked his heart and he was in critical condition. I guess he then had a stroke and has undergone surgery to relieve the pressure in the brain. Still critical. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. I wasn't a big fan, but he is a great singer. He's been having a rough time of it lately. I hope he can get his life in order if he survives.

This sounds very similar to what happened to a lady from my little town. This virus damaged her heart so badly that she had to have a heart transplant. She just thought she had a touch of the flu! That happened in March and she is still in the hospital in St. Louis. Doing well now, but this virus also attacked her liver and caused more complications. It's pretty amazing that she made it. She's around 50.

GlennLover
07-11-2013, 02:09 PM
I saw a press conference with 2 of his doctors a couple of hours ago & they were saying that he is now stable & no longer "critical". :)

sad-cafe
07-11-2013, 02:14 PM
oh good.

Every time I see an update, I think the worse.

Troubadour
07-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Wow Brooke... scary stuff. I really hope he can make a good recovery. Thinking of him and his loved ones.

Glennsallnighter
07-11-2013, 06:18 PM
I don't know a lot of Randys music but I like the few songs I do know. Particularly 'forever and ever Amen'.

I hope isn't as ill as previously thought and that he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Prettymaid
07-11-2013, 08:52 PM
My mom used to love Randy Travis when he was really popular in country music. Hope he makes it.

Tiffanny Twisted
07-11-2013, 08:54 PM
prayers to him andhis

VAisForEagleLovers
07-11-2013, 08:56 PM
HH just texted me about Randy Travis. I was wondering what she was talking about. my sister in laws mother had this about a year ago. she was in critical condition for a few days but now she is perfectly healthy

Houston Baby
07-11-2013, 11:17 PM
Prayers for Randy & his family that he makes a full recovery.

zeldabjr
07-11-2013, 11:21 PM
saying a prayer tonight for him...

Victim of Love
07-12-2013, 01:14 AM
He was suppose to play at the Deadwood Mountain Resort lastnight and for now they plan to honor the tickets at a later date. Thoughts and prayers to Randy for a fast and full recovery.

TimothyBFan
07-12-2013, 08:39 AM
This is what took my mother. She was told she had the flu and by the time she was actually diagnosed, it was to late and her kidneys were starting to shut down also. They think that the spinal infection she'd had the year before had returned (which we were told might happen) and settled in her heart this time. She was put in the hospital on a Friday, we had to put her on life support on Sunday and Monday afternoon we were told there was no hope, removed from support after her heart had stopped once and she passed a few hours later. It was very fast. I just hope they found Randy's in time. Thoughts are with Randy and his whole family.

Prettymaid
07-12-2013, 09:23 PM
:hug: Willie.

Troubadour
07-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Hugs from me too, Willie.

Still praying for Randy. He is so young... I really hope he can recover from this.

Ive always been a dreamer
07-13-2013, 12:28 PM
Randy apparently remains in critical condition and is under heavy sedation following his surgery. I also have him in my thoughts and am wishing him a full recovery from all of his health issues.