PDA

View Full Version : RIP Lady Bird Johnson

Ive always been a dreamer
07-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Lady Bird Johnson, former U. S. First Lady, passed away this past Wednesday. One of her biggest gifts to this nation is her highway beautification program. Whenever you travel along the interstate highways here in the U.S. and see the beautiful and colorful wildflowers all along the way, you should think of her. I also remember when I was a very young girl how she was forced into her role as the nation mourned the Kennedy assassination. She very wisely stepped into the role in a very unassuming and compassionate manner, while at the same time, appearing to be a pillar of strength for the nation. May she RIP.

sodascouts
07-13-2007, 11:54 PM
RIP, Lady Bird Johnson. She was a highly admired and respected by people from all political persuasions, and we Texans were proud of her.

SweetHolly
07-16-2007, 12:47 PM
RIP Lady Bird Johnson. I am proud of her as a Texan as well.

EasyFeeling
07-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Should I know that lady as a German? :? Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that.
Have I already told you... it took ages to find out the meaning of RIP. :blush:

Brooke
07-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Have I already told you... it took ages to find out the meaning of RIP. :blush:

:lol: You know, to me, that RIP acronym always reminds me of something strange and forboding, like a wierd Dracula movie, or Jack the Ripper! It always looks somehow disrespectful to see it by a good persons name. But that's just me! :roll:

sodascouts
07-16-2007, 02:24 PM
EF, "Ladybird" Johnson was the wife of a former president, Lyndon Baines Johnson. While her husband's policies were controversial, she has remained a beloved figure. However, don't be embarrassed that you've never heard of her.

glenneaglesfan
07-16-2007, 04:30 PM
I didn't know of her either, but I applaud her ambition to beautify the highways. I can't think of a better way to leave this planet than to have improved it. God bless her, and may she rest in peace.

Glennsallnighter
07-16-2007, 04:43 PM
I have heard of her too and she seems to have been beloved in the hearts of many American people. May she Rest in Peace, and may there be others who care enough about our planet to take over and preserve her great work.

Mrs Frey
07-17-2007, 01:45 AM
I admit that I was not aware of Lady Bird Johnson, but I too am sorry to read about her passing. Yet another kind heart, it seems, has left this planet... :(

EasyFeeling
07-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the info, Soda.