PDA

View Full Version : Every picture tells a story

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Koala
04-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Those are beautiful Koala! I love tulips! Did you see these in person somewhere?
Love tulips too!

We were in a zoo on Sunday, as we had visit our uncel, he lives about 500 miles away from us and there are the flowers all a lot further than here in the north, here most flowers do not blossom yet and there they are partially withered again!

sodascouts
04-19-2011, 12:25 PM
What lovely photos!

tequila girl
04-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Gorgeous pics Koala.....spring is finally here!! :yay:

Prettymaid
04-19-2011, 05:37 PM
I love pastels and I love tulips. :D

jdubfan
04-20-2011, 10:56 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5147/5639058993_f6bc01e975.jpg

who knew da Vinci rocked? just sayin'

Brooke
04-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Cool!

Ive always been a dreamer
04-21-2011, 12:03 PM
That is cool, indeed.

And Koala - those tulips are absolutely breathtaking!

WalshFan88
04-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Here are a couple of my "experiments" with photo editing today...

The "Trio" (the three most famous electric guitars of all time):

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k590/gibsonguitar1988/IMG_0941640x548.jpg

Glennsallnighter
04-22-2011, 07:14 PM
OMG Austin.... dunno what to envy you more on, your photography skills or your guitar collection!!

WalshFan88
04-22-2011, 08:42 PM
OMG Austin.... dunno what to envy you more on, your photography skills or your guitar collection!!

I'm no photographer - in fact this summer I'm going to have a friend come over and take some professional outdoor pics of me and my guitars outside in the yard. Also some pics of the Ausfest festival I put on.

As far as the guitars - I'm obsessed to the max with 70s rock and blues and guitar equipment. I love the analog stuff and it is both a CURSE and a BLESSING there are so many great pieces of gear out there being made right now that get the old school sound. Lots of "boutique" guitar, amp, and pedal effects builders and guys that make vintage style pickups. I love tinkering with pickups (electronics), analog pedals, and old school tube amps. I miss my old Stone Eagles band - I miss the gigging and playing out. But I still jam with friends quite often and do the Ausfest jam once a year. Hopefully I'll find or create another band that was as tight as the Stone Eagles. We worked HARD to get to that level of professional performance. It was worth it though.

I love guitars and music. I'm an obsessive type personality (hehehe) and guitars and gear are my focus! I have a strong love for the guitar. I love to play and collect, but I'm a player first and foremost. I would NOT have 25 guitars if I was not a guitarist. I don't get the whole collecting and putting them behind a glass case. They are instruments to be PLAYED. Big pet peeve.

Koala
04-23-2011, 02:23 AM
Austin, I really like your photo!:thumbsup:

WalshFan88
04-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Austin, I really like your photo!:thumbsup:

Thanks!:guitar:

EaglesKiwi
04-30-2011, 04:41 AM
Austin, can we have a little more info on your photo - I know I'm supposed to recognise them from your previous posts, but... um... I can't (obviously I look at all the wrong stuff in the pictures you post!). :shrug: Which guitars are these?

WalshFan88
04-30-2011, 05:05 AM
I like to call these the three main food groups of electric guitar. The "Trio" if you will. Be ready for a long post because I know my guitar history and LOOOOVE sharing it with people - even if they don't care to know what colors were available on 1960 Fender Strats for instance! :hilarious: Heheheheh.

The one on the far left is a Fender Telecaster (aka Tele). Made popular by a lot of the country-western cats in the 50s. Very bright and twangy. It was the first produced "solid body" (not hollow) electric guitar. It was released in 1950 as the Fender Esquire, but it only had one pickup (the silver tube looking thing close to the guitar neck wasn't there). Later that year Leo Fender (inventor of Fender guitars and amplifiers) released the Fender Broadcaster, which added the silver neck pickup. But it was only around for a little while. In 1951 Fender got a cease and desist from the Gretsch company, they had a drum set with the same name. So for a while the headstock on the guitar simply said "Fender". They just clipped off the Broadcaster part while trying to come up with a named. These guitars are referred to as "Nocasters" by collectors and appraisers. Very rare instruments. In late 1951 Fender came up with the Telecaster name but it was virtually the same guitar as the Broadcaster and the Nocaster. These guitars have been played by everyone from James Burton to Keith Richards to Brad Paisley. Used predominately in country although very good rock guitars as well.

The one in the middle is a Fender Stratocaster (aka Strat). Made popular by a lot of blues and rock artists in the late 50s and 60s. Very quacky/nasally sounding. It was released in 1954 by the same company who made the Telecaster. The Stratocaster was the response to people's complaints about the design of the Telecaster. Leo Fender thought the Telecaster would become obsolete but the Telecaster's simplicity and versatility has proven him wrong. This guitar had three pickups (pickups are what transfer the sound from the guitar to the cable then to the amplifier). It also added a tremolo system (commonly called a "whammy bar"). The name of the guitar has remained the same since it's introduction unlike the Telecaster. The Stratocaster with a 5 way switch is very versatile and can get out of phase quacky sounds or nasally sounds. These guitars have been played by everyone from Jimi Hendrix to Stevie Ray Vaughan to Eric Clapton. Predominately used in blues or lighter forms of rock. Also can be used for country.

The one on the right is a Gibson Les Paul (aka LP). Made popular by a lot of Classic Rock guitarists from the 60s and 70s. Very thick, warm, and bold sounding. It was released in 1952 after Les Paul (a jazz guitarist) invented the model. This was Gibson's response to the Fender Telecaster. Originally came with two P-90 single coil pickups and in a Gold or Black finish. In 1958 the guitars started coming in a Sunburst finish and with Humbucking (feedback cancelling) pickups and became the most desired and famous Les Paul model. The '59 Gibson Les Paul Standard is the holy grail of collectible vintage guitars. They go for half of a million dollars or more for a NON-celebrity owned Les Paul. Prices have yet to reach a million dollars but is expected to first on a Celebrity-owned instrument. These guitars have been played by everyone from Jimmy Page to Joe Walsh to Slash. Predominately used in classic and hard rock. Probably the most famous guitar for 1970s "Classic Rock" music. It has also been used in blues, jazz, and heavy metal.

My favorite guitar of all time is the Gibson Les Paul. 2nd place goes to the Fender Telecaster. IMO Leo Fender and Les Paul got it right the first time and the first solidbody guitar designs are the best. I have nothing against Stratocasters or SGs (a Gibson model that later replaced Les Paul models during the mid 60s) and own both but I really prefer Les Pauls and Telecasters. With those two guitars you can cover all bases and play any kind of music out there.

Now, to tie this into the Eagles - Joe Walsh is a BIG user of ALL three guitars. He has used Les Pauls, particularly on tracks like "Rocky Mountain Way" or "Life's Been Good". He has used Telecasters, particularly on tracks like "Funk #49" or "Hotel California". And he has used Stratocasters, particularly on tracks like "Life In The Fast Lane". Don Felder is a BIG user of Gibson Les Pauls. Don used a Les Paul most on the time on everything from "Hotel California" to "One Of These Nights". He used a Fender Stratocaster though on "Victim Of Love" and "New Kid In Town". He used a Fender Telecaster only on one song to my knowledge, "Lyin' Eyes". Bernie Leadon used only Fender Telecasters to my knowledge on everything from "Take It Easy" to "Peaceful Easy Feeling". He did use a Gibson Les Paul on "Witchy Woman" but that was it. No Fender Stratocasters for him.

Confused? :hilarious:

EaglesKiwi
04-30-2011, 07:32 AM
Not yet :laugh:

The info on what guitar was used on which track is great, thanks! And who likes to play what... (so what about Glenn?)

So going back to your picture, I presume these are of some of your own "girls"... does that mean Rebecca's on the right & Ruby in the middle?

WalshFan88
04-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Not yet :laugh:

The info on what guitar was used on which track is great, thanks! And who likes to play what... (so what about Glenn?)

So going back to your picture, I presume these are of some of your own "girls"... does that mean Rebecca's on the right & Ruby in the middle?

Rebecca isn't in that shot, but it is indeed Ruby on the far right. She's the same "kind" as Ruby. ;)

As far as Glenn's guitars he mainly uses Gibson Les Pauls, both his Standard Sunburst and the black Les Paul Jr. I've never seen him with a Fender Strat although he does play a Fender Tele on a few tunes to my knowledge.

Freypower
05-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Rebecca isn't in that shot, but it is indeed Ruby on the far right. She's the same "kind" as Ruby. ;)

As far as Glenn's guitars he mainly uses Gibson Les Pauls, both his Standard Sunburst and the black Les Paul Jr. I've never seen him with a Fender Strat although he does play a Fender Tele on a few tunes to my knowledge.

He plays Strat on Boys Of Summer:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Eagles%20General/Atlanta2.jpg

I am sure that's a Strat but if it's a Tele I apologise.

WalshFan88
05-01-2011, 07:28 PM
He plays Strat on Boys Of Summer:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Eagles%20General/Atlanta2.jpg

I am sure that's a Strat but if it's a Tele I apologise.

That is a Tele...... :) But he does play that Tele during that and The Long Run if I remember correctly.

Freypower
05-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Sorry Austin! Now I may have to go through my entire Photobucket account searching for Glenn with a Strat. I am sure I'v got at least one....

MikeA
05-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Sorry Austin! Now I may have to go through my entire Photobucket account searching for Glenn with a Strat. I am sure I'v got at least one....

FP, You can tell a Tele from a Strat by looking at the headstock if the body of the guitar isn't clearly visible such as in that photo you posted. A Tele has a much smaller circular knob at the end. A Strat has a much larger knob and a sharper hard angle before the knob. Hard to describe, but if you go back and look at some of the pics that Austin has posted, you will clearly see what I'm talking about.

Freypower
05-01-2011, 08:09 PM
FP, You can tell a Tele from a Strat by looking at the headstock if the body of the guitar isn't clearly visible such as in that photo you posted. A Tele has a much smaller circular knob at the end. A Strat has a much larger knob and a sharper hard angle before the knob. Hard to describe, but if you go back and look at some of the pics that Austin has posted, you will clearly see what I'm talking about.

Normally I can tell them apart; with that photo I didn't. :doh:

WalshFan88
05-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Strat:

http://media.herald-dispatch.com/blog/games/uploaded_images/white-stratocaster-708357.jpg

Tele:

http://www.managementschmanagement.com/inventory/fenderTelecaster.jpg

Hope this helps! :) :guitar:

EaglesKiwi
05-02-2011, 05:17 AM
Hope this helps! :) :guitar:

Yes, that helps when I'm looking at them side by side! I'm not really a visual person so struggle to remember that sort of detail :sad:

And BTW I stumbled upon The Border trying to find information on guitars played during Eagles concerts! (In particular, how many guitars was Joe playing because to my ignorant eyes it looked like something different on every song :rofl:)

Okay, so my next question is, in your opinions which songs does Glenn particularly get to demonstrate his guitar playing on?

WalshFan88
05-02-2011, 05:35 AM
Yes, that helps when I'm looking at them side by side! I'm not really a visual person so struggle to remember that sort of detail :sad:

And BTW I stumbled upon The Border trying to find information on guitars played during Eagles concerts! (In particular, how many guitars was Joe playing because to my ignorant eyes it looked like something different on every song :rofl:)

Okay, so my next question is, in your opinions which songs does Glenn particularly get to demonstrate his guitar playing on?

Good question. As far as electric lead guitar goes, it would have to be "Already Gone" and "Witchy Woman". Although Glenn no longer plays lead in Already Gone. You can see on the Farewell 1 DVD he just lets Joe and Steuart play an improvised solo and he doesn't play his solo. On the original recording and live up to the point of F1, he and Don Felder traded solos on Already Gone. This can easily be seen in videos of them from the 70s or the Christchurch NZ bootleg from the HFO tour. Glenn also plays the guitar solo in Witchy Woman and still does to my knowledge. As far as acoustic guitar, I'd have to say "New Kid In Town" and "Lyin' Eyes". The chord progressions in those are very unique and he has a unique way of playing them, especially in "Lyin' Eyes". I think those two really highlight his acoustic guitar playing the most. Just as I think "Already Gone" and "Witchy Woman" highlight his electric guitar playing the most. Just my opinion, though! :D

EaglesKiwi
05-03-2011, 05:05 AM
Thanks for that! I'll check them out :grin:

WalshFan88
05-06-2011, 01:56 AM
Thanks for that! I'll check them out :grin:

You're welcome.... Most of the Eagles guitars are so layered it's hard for most people to tell who's playing what. At risk of sounding cocky (but it's not! :D), it's easier for me to tell that and know who is playing what because I'm a musician/guitarist myself. I can pick apart a song and put it into a Genre, classify it, label it, tell what key it is in, etc all by listen to it and I can usually also tell who is playing what part and what kind of guitars they played on it just by the sound! :D

EaglesKiwi
05-06-2011, 05:56 AM
You're welcome.... Most of the Eagles guitars are so layered it's hard for most people to tell who's playing what. At risk of sounding cocky (but it's not! :D), it's easier for me to tell that and know who is playing what because I'm a musician/guitarist myself. I can pick apart a song and put it into a Genre, classify it, label it, tell what key it is in, etc all by listen to it and I can usually also tell who is playing what part and what kind of guitars they played on it just by the sound! :D
:smokin::grooving::bow::razz:

I, on the other hand, am totally musically challenged and can tell NONE of these things nor can I sing along in tune!! :sad: I just know what music I like!! :heart:

I'm relieved if I'm not the only one who can't identify who is playing what part on what instrument - and then even when I've just watched a DVD I can't remember the details! :doh: I feel really dumb when I read some of the threads on here, but at least I can comment on the lyrics and how the music makes me feel!

Thanks everyone who takes the time to answer the basic questions, even if I do end up asking the same questions over again! :grouphug:

05-06-2011, 04:55 PM

I, on the other hand, am totally musically challenged and can tell NONE of these things nor can I sing along in tune!! :sad: I just know what music I like!! :heart:

I'm relieved if I'm not the only one who can't identify who is playing what part on what instrument - and then even when I've just watched a DVD I can't remember the details! :doh: I feel really dumb when I read some of the threads on here, but at least I can comment on the lyrics and how the music makes me feel!

Thanks everyone who takes the time to answer the basic questions, even if I do end up asking the same questions over again! :grouphug:

EK - welcome to my world. Like you, the only thing I know about music is what my ears tell me!

But please don't feel dumb around here. We all learn new stuff all the time here. I sure didn't know the difference between a Strat and a Tele, so thanks for the lesson Mike and Austin. Another example is just this week, BBKron posted those two 70's Eagles' songs that most of us here had never heard about. So bottom line is - if you want to know something around here, please don't hesitate to ask! :thumbsup:

WalshFan88
05-07-2011, 12:24 AM

Definitely don't feel dumb. There are a lot of things I don't know - but I try to share what knowledge I do have on the instrument with others here. :)

WalshFan88
05-07-2011, 12:40 AM
Ok so here is a quiz. What guitar am I playing in this photo?! :lol:

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k590/gibsonguitar1988/IMG_0968640x618.jpg

Also I have been playing bass here lately. There are two types of Fender basses - Precision and Jazz. This is a Jazz:

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k590/gibsonguitar1988/IMG_0969640x579.jpg

This is a Precision:

http://www.bassexchange.com/catalog/images/Fender%20P%20bass.jpg

Randy Meisner played a Precision Bass on the BBC Eagles video and throughout most of the early days. Timothy B. Schmit however has played a Jazz Bass since joining the Eagles and still is his main bass today. I prefer the Jazz myself but would like to get a Precision at some point too.

The Precision Bass was Fender's first electric bass and really the first horizontal production electric bass. The Jazz bass came out later on and mainly in the 60s. The Precision has a more punchy, aggressive sound while the Jazz is more midrangey, smooth, and versatile IMO. Both are famous in rock n' roll and music history in general. Both have been used in the Eagles.

EaglesKiwi
05-07-2011, 07:45 AM
Ok so here is a quiz. What guitar am I playing in this photo?! :lol:

A "Strat" or Fender Stratocaster. I think! :grin:
So does tha[';pt one have a name? :guitar:

ETA: sorry for the typo, boy cat was "helping"!

WalshFan88
05-07-2011, 04:39 PM
A "Strat" or Fender Stratocaster. I think! :grin:
So does tha[';pt one have a name? :guitar:

ETA: sorry for the typo, boy cat was "helping"!

Very good! Correct!

This one does not have a name yet... I've only named 2 of my guitars so far. It'll come to me eventually (the name).

TimothyBFan
05-12-2011, 02:22 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/222678_202244246478141_188377874531445_479371_5786 0_n.jpg

Brooke
05-12-2011, 04:44 PM
lol! Who has time to find this stuff?!

Freypower
05-12-2011, 06:58 PM
That's amazing. The outfits were even the same colour. Beatrice & Eugenie looked awful at the wedding. I loved the Cinderella movie when I was a kid but it hasn't aged well.

Prettymaid
05-12-2011, 07:21 PM
TBF, those comparisons are pretty close. A coinkidink? I think not. Now we know who the real designer was. :lol:

WalshFan88
05-12-2011, 09:52 PM
:rofl:

jdubfan
05-12-2011, 10:40 PM
TBF, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time....:p

I've made some new friends this spring...they're stopping by several times a day. And of course they're all spoiled already...the ducks wait for me to bring them corn and if I forget, they come after me..

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3278/5714976286_fb5b91d0f4.jpg

I've got some really huge humming birds this year.....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3233/5714416033_99509106ea.jpg

I could relate to this guy yesterday when it got up to nearly 90F, he's ok, just hot.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2175/5714981378_47026ef5d8.jpg

Koala
05-13-2011, 01:13 AM
TBF, WOW, what a similarity!

jdubfan, nice photos!

AzEaglesFan
05-13-2011, 01:50 AM
We have the same kind of bird that gets on our hummingbird feeders. The funny one is the woodpecks that visits. They are to big to sit on the feeder so they hang over the edge and suck it dry. I have tried to get a picture but they fly away before I can get the camera ready.

Annabel
05-13-2011, 05:49 AM
TBF that is so funny. :laugh:

Deb, Great photos. Poor Mr Squirrel needs to take his fur coat off a bit in that heat. :dizzy:

WalshFan88
05-14-2011, 01:25 AM
Great pics Deb!

05-14-2011, 12:34 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/222678_202244246478141_188377874531445_479371_5786 0_n.jpg

Oh wow - that is funny. Unfortunately, I don't have the Cinderella movie to check this out, but I wonder if these are the real colors the step sisters wore in movie or is the picture edited? If it's unedited, then, I agree with PM that this is no coincidence.

And Deb - very nice photos. I could probably never be quick enough to get such shots either.

Freypower
05-15-2011, 12:46 AM
I remember now - the sisters' dresses in the movie are pink & green, so the photo has been edited. After I posted my response I thought 'that is just too convenient'.

EaglesKiwi
05-15-2011, 05:33 AM
And Cinderella had yellow hair! (Prince Charming was dark haired).

It was still very clever though!

Prettymaid
06-01-2011, 03:00 PM
This is where I'm spending my day...

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Me%20doing%20stuff/DSC01493.jpg

And this is my view.

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Me%20doing%20stuff/DSC01494.jpg

Troubadour
06-01-2011, 03:04 PM
So beautiful, Cathy! It looks heavenly. So much gorgeous greenery.

Brooke
06-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Just beautiful Cathy! Love it! :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
06-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Well come on over! There's plenty of iced tea!

Koala
06-02-2011, 02:03 AM
Cathy, it looks wonderful, love it too!

WalshFan88
06-02-2011, 05:22 AM
Great pics Cathy!

sodascouts
06-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Gorgeous! I Sure wish I could come have that ice tea with you!

TimothyBFan
06-03-2011, 07:52 AM
I love your backyard Cathy!! Love all the trees and shade. Looks so relaxing!

Prettymaid
06-03-2011, 07:54 AM
You and Larry have got to get over here this summer!

06-03-2011, 11:29 AM
I'm with everyone else here, Cathy. Your yard is so green, pretty, and peaceful looking. Looks like a great place to sit back, relax, and enjoy the outdoors. Great job!

Annabel
06-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Wow Cathy it looks fab. When can I move in? :hilarious:

I have a photo to share with you all today. Not long found it actually.

This is my newest Great Niece. Still nameless but very cute. :)

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n242/Mellie1961/Odds/BabyListon.jpg

Koala
06-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Melanie, your Great Niece is really very cute!

sodascouts
06-06-2011, 09:19 AM
She's so precious! Still nameless eh? Hope they settle on one soon!

Brooke
06-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Awwww, what a sweetie!

Annabel
06-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Thank you all. Her name has now been announced as Eloise.

tequila girl
06-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Eloise is beautiful Melanie, congratulations to all the family! :smile:

tequila girl
06-08-2011, 12:08 PM
For the past few months i've been making friends with Doris & Dave, a lovely young couple who live close by http://www.parrotlinks.com/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif ..........

..then last week with no explanation Dave started to call by himself http://www.parrotlinks.com/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif I didn't like to ask too many questions about Doris in case they'd split up or something awful like that.. http://www.parrotlinks.com/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

THEN.............

about an hour ago I was just sitting having a coffee when Doris knocks on the door, she's brought her new family to meet me http://www.parrotlinks.com/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.parrotlinks.com/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.parrotlinks.com/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I've taken the liberty of naming them Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Titch! http://www.parrotlinks.com/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif http://www.parrotlinks.com/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/carolwayne/From%20the%20Riverbank/IMGP2823.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/carolwayne/From%20the%20Riverbank/IMGP2822.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/carolwayne/From%20the%20Riverbank/IMGP2820.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/carolwayne/From%20the%20Riverbank/IMGP2826.jpg

sodascouts
06-08-2011, 12:50 PM
You had me going for a bit TG - I was thinking "ooh scandal!" ;)

Those little birdies are adorable!

Annabel
06-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Ooh love a duck. :laugh: So cute Carole. Are you Godmother or Aunty?

Brooke
06-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Lol! Too cute, Carole!

tequila girl
06-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Ooh love a duck. :laugh: So cute Carole. Are you Godmother or Aunty?
Nah, just a close family friend! :laugh:

Koala
06-09-2011, 12:37 AM
lol, your close friends are cute!

WalshFan88
06-09-2011, 01:09 AM
Very nice TG! :D

EaglesKiwi
06-09-2011, 04:40 AM
Congratulations on the new Great-Niece, Melanie. Eloise is beautiful.

TG - lovely photos!

TimothyBFan
06-09-2011, 07:39 AM
TG--:hilarious: loved that story!! They are adorable.

Melanie---she's beautiful. Congrats to the family again.

Annabel
06-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Thank you EK and Willie. :)

Prettymaid
06-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Congratulations Annabel. She's adorable!

TG, you had me going there...I thought for sure Dave had left Doris and had come to put the moves on you! :lol:

Annabel
06-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Thanks Cathy. I got to speak to her today. Well a little gurgle down the phone her not me that was. :lol:

tequila girl
06-12-2011, 04:39 PM
TG, you had me going there...I thought for sure Dave had left Doris and had come to put the moves on you! :lol:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Troubadour
06-13-2011, 07:56 PM
LOL! Those ducks are adorable - as is Eloise.

tequila girl
06-16-2011, 12:12 PM
I LOVE living here!!! Look what just sailed past :) :) :)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/carolwayne/From%20the%20Riverbank/mumbabies-1.jpg

sodascouts
06-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Beautiful!

Annabel
06-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Great photo Carole. :thumbsup:

Koala
06-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Beautiful photo!:)

Brooke
06-16-2011, 03:29 PM
How cute!

WalshFan88
06-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Great pic TG!

TimothyBFan
06-17-2011, 07:21 AM
That is so COOL!!! Thanks for sharing.

Prettymaid
06-18-2011, 12:37 PM
So cute TG! Hope you don't mind that I saved that photo.

Glennsallnighter
06-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Wow! TG, that is absolutely awesome, and sooooo cute! Well taken.

tequila girl
06-19-2011, 05:13 AM
So cute TG! Hope you don't mind that I saved that photo.
Not at all Cathy :thumbsup:

Thanks for the nice comments guys I must have taken about 30 shots of that at varying distances and most were very blurry....but perseverance pays! :)

06-19-2011, 11:22 AM
That is adorable Carole - great work!!!

EaglesFanatic
06-20-2011, 12:52 AM
That's a really beautiful picture TG!

Brooke
06-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Cute photo Brooke, and may I say, your property always looks immaculate!:bow: Please post some photos in the picture thread.

Thank you pm. Oh, ok. :)

Front
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Outdoors/OurHouse2010.jpg

Back
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Outdoors/232323232fp53445_nu3238_686_269_232.jpg

Our home is our hobby! Besides the Eagles!

Troubadour
06-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Wow! What a beautiful home.

Koala
06-29-2011, 02:09 PM
What a beautiful House!

Annabel
06-29-2011, 02:13 PM
Brooke, WOW! Beautiful house!

Prettymaid
06-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Wow! That is something to be proud of! I love the stone on the front, and the window is magnificent! Did you have the house built? How old is it? Is that you hubby sitting on the front porch?

It looks like you have two sets of stairs on your upper deck. That's really nice! Do you have a lawn service treat your grass? It's so green!

Home should be someplace you enjoy coming to and someplace that says, "this is me". You've really done a wonderful job Brooke. Thanks for posting.

Glennsallnighter
06-29-2011, 06:13 PM
OMG Brooke! That really looks like a gorgeous home, I hope you are justifiably proud of all the effort you have put into it. And your pics are lovely too.

Brooke
06-30-2011, 09:48 AM
Wow! That is something to be proud of! I love the stone on the front, and the window is magnificent! Did you have the house built? How old is it? Is that you hubby sitting on the front porch?

It looks like you have two sets of stairs on your upper deck. That's really nice! Do you have a lawn service treat your grass? It's so green!

Home should be someplace you enjoy coming to and someplace that says, "this is me". You've really done a wonderful job Brooke. Thanks for posting.

Oh my! Thank you everyone!

From what I've seen of yours Pm, it's lovely too.

My husband built our house. It was a family project meaning our kids were still at home and helped too. Yes, that's him and he would be horrified if he knew he was on the 'net! lol

He does our lawn too. I do help mow though when he's too busy. We do enjoy it and it's something we like to work on together. We've built 3 homes and this one just about did us in! I think the older we got, the harder it was for us! Working day jobs and then working on building the house evenings was a LOT of work! And we love the location. It's private and secluded, so I think we finally got it right and are satisified to stay here. We have discussed selling and doing it again, but I'm not really up for the work.

Annabel
06-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Sell it and start again. !!!!! :thud: I couldn't bear to leave such a gorgeous place.

EaglesKiwi
07-01-2011, 05:24 AM
You should be proud of yourselves, Brooke, your home is lovely - and it looks like a true "home" that brings joy to people living there.

Brooke
07-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Thanks guys!

WalshFan88
07-02-2011, 02:48 AM
Great pics Brooke! Very nice home.

sodascouts
07-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Brooke, it amazes me that your family actually built such a beautiful house yourself. Wow. Kudos!!

07-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Brooke - I've told you before, but I love your house, especially the stone on the front - that's a very nice touch! :thumbsup:

Brooke
07-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Thanks guys!

And remember my flattened sweet corn from the storm last week?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Family/Mypoorgarden62011.jpg

Well, I didn't think the tallest would stand back up, but voila:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Family/IMG_0312.jpg

Don't look too close. I need to get out there and do some weeding! lol

Annabel
07-08-2011, 06:08 AM
Brooke, Great news on the corn. :thumbsup:

Been very windy here this past couple of days. Our potatoes are flat and the tomatoes fell over twice in 24 hours. :eyebrow: Luckily the potatoes are done and just sitting in the ground waiting to be dug up and eaten.

WalshFan88
07-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Yours truly with a Gibson Les Paul 1959 Historic Reissue. This will be my next model of guitar as far as my next big purchase goes next year. I LOVED it! In fact, I think I may have even kissed it at one point - as I do with certain guitars. :shock::rofl: But seriously though, it's a killer guitar and I wanted to take it home SO bad! Shame I didn't have 4k on me! Damn it! LOLOLOL. :D

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k590/gibsonguitar1988/263345_10150715043075066_541495065_19603609_131376 8_n.jpg

WalshFan88
07-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Yet another pic:

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k590/gibsonguitar1988/272737_10150715203385066_541495065_19605977_514979 3_o.jpg

sodascouts
07-25-2011, 02:19 AM
Cool!

Prettymaid
08-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Love your pics Austin. Looks like your really getting into it!

Here's the newest addition to the secret garden.

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Miscellanious/DSC01544.jpg

We took an old table that was left in our basement when we moved in, painted it and turned it into a potting bench. I like the visual it adds to the garden.

Koala
08-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Love your secret garden, it looks beautiful!:thumbsup:

Brooke
08-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Very nice, pm!

tequila girl
08-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Lovin' your secret garden Cathy!

This is my Great Nephew Elliott celebrating his 3rd Birthday

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/carolwayne/Elliott%20Matilda%20and%20Ajay/IMG_9475s1.jpg

Prettymaid
08-08-2011, 07:37 PM
He's adorable Carole and that's some cake!

Koala
08-09-2011, 01:40 AM
Elliott is adorable, love the cake!

Brooke
08-09-2011, 09:52 AM
What a cutie! And his cake is awesome! :thumbsup:

08-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Love your secret garden, PM.

And Carole, Elliot is a very adorable little guy.

(I guess you didn't already know that, did you?)

WalshFan88
08-10-2011, 01:23 AM
PM - Thanks! And nice garden! :)

TG - Happy Birthday Elliott!

sodascouts
08-12-2011, 04:15 PM
PM - looks great!

TG - that cake is great! Happy b-day to cutie-pie Elliot!

tequila girl
08-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Thanks to you all for the kind words about Elliott & his cake! :)

Looking at Koala's great screen caps from the recent Don @ Caddo Lake vid with the Eagle got me to thinking.........

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/Caddo%20Lake/CaddoLake2.jpg?t=1313470207

just how BIG an Eagles Beak is!!!! i've never really seen one up close, but in comparison to my Charlies

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/carolwayne/charlie/IMGP2187.jpg

My God! Charlie could quite easily break a bone in your finger (if he put his mind to it) what could that do?? :fear:

They are beautiful birds though and i'd really love to get up close to one!

Prettymaid
08-16-2011, 12:46 PM
TG, I think I've learned that eagles do more tearing than crushing.

*I found it funny that I automatically capitalized the 'E' in eagles out of habit...fixed it though...

ETA: Hubby and I went to a state park on Sunday and a bald eagle flew over us! That was one of my goals for the trip. However, I still want to see one 'up close', so I think we'll be heading to the Indianapolis Zoo soon...

Prettymaid
08-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Speaking of our outing, here's a picture I took at Shades State Park in Indiana. So serene and peaceful. Everyone needs to go someplace like this once in awhile. It refreshes and rejuvinates.

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Miscellanious/DSC01550.jpg

EagleLady
08-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Awww I love that Pic Carole, An Eagle with an Eagle :hilarious:

Henley Honey
08-16-2011, 01:10 PM
That State park is beautiful now but it must be spectacular in the Fall.

Prettymaid
08-16-2011, 01:15 PM
That State park is beautiful now but it must be spectacular in the Fall.

That's what we said HH and believe me, we intend to go back!

Brooke
08-16-2011, 04:11 PM
That is beautiful Pm.

tg, love your bird comparison! That beak! :fear:

I happen to think the bearded Eagle is much more gorgeous than the bald one! :wink:

And Charlie is beautiful!

Koala
08-16-2011, 11:48 PM
The Place looks beautiful, PM!

Glennsallnighter
08-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Lovely pictures being posted here. TG, Eliot looks really cute. My boy is 7 and would LOVE a slice of that Cars 2 cake!

And PM, those woods look lovely to take a walk in. But you MUST post some pics of them in the fall also. I'd love to visit New England in the fall. I've heard its spectacular!

Charlie is just soooooo cute TG. I Love the 'Eagle with an Eagle'. I think there's a Glenn :heart: video, or document somewhere where he scored an eagle in Golf and it went something like 'An Eagle for an Eagle' ?

I have always loved chasing sunsets and when we go up to the Hill of Tara, which is an ancient burial site, and Royal seat in the middle ages, we get a spectacular unobstructed view of the sunset. I have many pics of it, but here's one I took last night which is just a bit different

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/VioletAugust2011063.jpg

Freypower
08-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Oh, wow, GA, that place is so special for all of us who have Irish descent. I wonder if the next time you go there you could get me a couple of postcards, if they have any. Sadly I don't think I will ever get to Ireland.

Glennsallnighter
08-17-2011, 07:00 PM
Its doubtful we'll get there again before I leave for Niagara Falls but I'll do my best. I can get some though and send them on to you. If you pm me your email I could send you a few photographs if you like.

Never say never about Ireland! 8 weeks ago did you think you'd be going to Canada? :wink:

I'm glad you like my picture. Thanks!

Henley Honey
08-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Gorgeous Picture, GA.
Your right -- never say never. Who knows -- maybe next year's solo shows for Glenn will be in Ireland. Can anyone say Air Lingus? I can. :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
08-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Thanks HH! Glad you like it!

Can anybody say 'What bus goes to the O2?' I can :wink:

Freypower
08-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Gorgeous Picture, GA.
Your right -- never say never. Who knows -- maybe next year's solo shows for Glenn will be in Ireland. Can anyone say Air Lingus? I can. :thumbsup:

Since the Eagles reformed, Glenn has done no solo shows outside the US or Canada.

Koala
08-17-2011, 11:28 PM
WOW, your photo looks beautiful,GA!

sodascouts
08-17-2011, 11:29 PM
Amazing!

EaglesFanatic
08-18-2011, 12:19 AM
Stunning picture GA!!

tequila girl
08-18-2011, 04:11 AM
Beautiful Photo GA!! :thumbsup:

Annabel
08-18-2011, 05:28 AM
Great photos here. Let's see what I can remember. ;)

PM, Love your secret garden.

TG, how adorable is your G Nephew. Such a lovely smile and that car got a wow from Rachel. :laugh:

Love the comparison between Charlie and the bald eagle too.

GA, amazing photo.

Hmm wonder if I remembered them all. :hmm: If not sorry to who ever I forgot.

WalshFan88
08-18-2011, 05:51 AM
Great pic GA!!!

Brooke
08-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Ga, that is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Prettymaid
08-18-2011, 09:10 PM
GA, nice to see you brushing up on those photography skills. We Niagra Falls left-behinds are counting on you! Beautiful shot!

Glennsallnighter
08-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Why thank you Cathy! And thanks to everybody else for the comments on my picture. I really DO appreciate them and every one of you.

Of course I will take as many pics as possible next week at the 'Viagra Falls' (as my 7 year old son calls it). I've even bought a new camera in honour of the occasion!

ticky
08-25-2011, 02:20 AM
okay, so here are a few more pictures of the big family to-do (Called Sarah's Picnic in case I forgot to mention that part)

I ASKED Jenni and Joe to help me make signs... however, I forgot the rule about being VERY specific in instructions.. and I told Joe I needed Lemonade and Water... meaning SIGNS for lemonade and water.... and .. well.. you can see the results... I WAS well hydrated that day...
http://www.tickypages.com/2011_Aug/picnic_029.JPG
The kids played musical chairs!! ALL the kids...
http://www.tickypages.com/2011_Aug/picnic_058.JPG
Aunt Nan's garden was spectacular, as usual!
http://www.tickypages.com/2011_Aug/picnic_251.JPG
MMMMMM PIE!!!
http://www.tickypages.com/2011_Aug/picnic_178.JPG
My Daddy, eatin cheese...
http://www.tickypages.com/2011_Aug/picnic_174.JPG
The Burger Nazi.. but he has excellent taste in t-shirts... (wonder where he got that *G*)
http://www.tickypages.com/2011_Aug/picnic_163.JPG
My cousins Annette and Roy in front of Noseeum Lodge (aka The Bunkhouse)
http://www.tickypages.com/2011_Aug/picnic_146.JPG
Sarah, in Nan's garden...
http://www.tickypages.com/2011_Aug/picnic_129.JPG
And of course.. gourds... and pottery ... and a cutting board Jon made. Those were the cookie contest prizes (I won the cutting board.. YAY!!)
http://www.tickypages.com/2011_Aug/picnic_197.JPG

I'll stop there, I hope I didnt bore ya'll too much. We're going back up on labor day weekend!! anyone wanna come??

WalshFan88
08-25-2011, 02:43 AM
Great pics ticky! I really want that Hotel California shirt though. It being my favorite album and song you think I'd have one but nobody makes one in my size. :( So unfortunately I don't have any Eagles tshirts to wear. :brickwall:

tequila girl
08-25-2011, 04:24 AM
Fabulous pics Ticky - looks like a great time was had by all! :)

Prettymaid
08-25-2011, 07:29 AM
You guys sure know how to throw a picnic! Heck yes, I wish I could join you for Labor Day! A little too far for me though.

Austin, what size do you wear Bud? We'll all be on the lookout for one for ya!

Brooke
08-25-2011, 08:05 AM
Beautiful Ticky! Thanks for sharing them with us! Looks like a wonderful picnic!

Koala
08-25-2011, 08:08 AM
Great pics ticky!

TimothyBFan
08-25-2011, 08:10 AM
I have loved this place for years even tho I have never visited it!! It just always looks so serene and fun. You guys sure know how to party! One of these days..... You've been warned!! :hilarious:

ticky
08-25-2011, 11:26 AM
Austin, I bought that one at the concert in Portland and they had up to a 3x! I bought Jon a 1x cuz at the time he was pretty large. He's lost like 60lbs! (da bum! *G* )

Annabel
08-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Great photos. Carole and I bought t shirts with that design on when we were at Hop Farm in July seeing ..... :hmm: some guys. (Haven't worn mine yet. :hilarious:)

tequila girl
08-26-2011, 11:11 AM
I haven't worn mine either.......don't suppose I ever will! :hilarious:

whitcap
08-26-2011, 03:54 PM
I bought the HC shirt when I saw the Eagles a couple years ago. I'm wearing it right now actually! :)

EaglesFanatic
08-26-2011, 11:17 PM
I wear my HC shirt often, I love it! I wear it every year during my final exams, cause it's my "lucky" shirt :hilarious:

Great pics ticky! Looks like you all had fun!

Midnight_Flyer
08-27-2011, 09:46 AM
i was sitting in the back garden a few weeks ago and took this photo of some daisies :)
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w56/Midnight_Flyer_2007/Daisies.jpg

Brooke
08-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Very pretty!

Midnight_Flyer
08-27-2011, 09:07 PM
thanx brooke :)

WalshFan88
08-29-2011, 03:40 AM
Austin, I bought that one at the concert in Portland and they had up to a 3x! I bought Jon a 1x cuz at the time he was pretty large. He's lost like 60lbs! (da bum! *G* )

I need a 3X but can never find them.

Freypower
09-05-2011, 08:38 PM
I thought I would share a couple of photos from my Toronto trip. The second morning I was there, news broke that the Canadian Opposition Leader, Jack Layton, had died of cancer at the age of 61. I had not heard of him and had no idea how significant his passing was especially in his native Toronto. He was on the 'left', just as I am. When I returned to Toronto I went to Nathan Phillips Square where he was lying in state & looked at all the chalk messages.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Miscellaneous/DSCN0919.jpg

I felt inspired enough to leave my own message:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Miscellaneous/DSCN0921.jpg

Something like this would never happen in Australia, where cheap & nasty partisanship (on both sides) triumphs over all & no political figure could ever hope to bring us together in the way Mr Layton apparently did for Canada. Perhaps it won't last but I was impressed nonetheless.

Glennhoney
09-05-2011, 08:46 PM
I thought I would share a couple of photos from my Toronto trip. The second morning I was there, news broke that the Canadian Opposition Leader, Jack Layton, had died of cancer at the age of 61. I had not heard of him and had no idea how significant his passing was especially in his native Toronto. He was on the 'left', just as I am. When I returned to Toronto I went to Nathan Phillips Square where he was lying in state & looked at all the chalk messages.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Miscellaneous/DSCN0919.jpg

I felt inspired enough to leave my own message:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Miscellaneous/DSCN0921.jpg

Something like this would never happen in Australia, where cheap & nasty partisanship (on both sides) triumphs over all & no political figure could ever hope to bring us together in the way Mr Layton apparently did for Canada. Perhaps it won't last but I was impressed nonetheless.

How very touching that you left a message....we forget, too often, how lucky we are to live in such a wonderful country...not perfect of course, but still a pretty awesome place to live.....:thumbsup:....even GLENN FREY seems to think so.....LOL:hilarious:

Midnight_Flyer
09-12-2011, 11:15 AM
my nails in tribute to those who lost their lives on 9/11

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w56/Midnight_Flyer_2007/297046_10150310443939483_664314482_7551449_7925682 17_n.jpg

sodascouts
09-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Wow! That must have taken a lot of time and effort!

Midnight_Flyer
09-12-2011, 12:00 PM
it didn't take too long :)

Brooke
09-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Wow, MF! Great!

09-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Very cool fingernail and great idea, MNF!

Koala
09-13-2011, 12:38 AM
your fingernails looks great!

Glennsallnighter
09-13-2011, 05:12 AM
Cute Nails MF! Well done!

Midnight_Flyer
09-13-2011, 08:38 AM
thanx guys :) i love doing nail art

ticky
09-15-2011, 11:12 AM
I just finished this gourd and I really like it. There's a man at the Farmers Market who says he wants it, I showed it to him when I was working on it. He's bought three other of my high end gourds and several pieces of Jon's. He says they're for his mother, but how many gourds does one person need? seriously? Jon and I think he's reselling them. Im not sure how I feel about this. I mean he IS paying for them and what he does after that isnt my business, but I'd like to have the credit for them and know whats happening to them. Im not sure I'll sell this one just yet.
http://tickypages.com/gourd_art/crows6.jpg

Henley Honey
09-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Wow. That is beautiful. Do you draw those designs or do you burn them into the wood? Must be time consuming but so worth the effort.
I'd ask the guy outright if he was reselling them. If so, maybe you could work a consignment deal that would be more beneficial to you.

TimothyBFan
09-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Again, Rhonda, your talent just amazes me. That must be so time consuming. I just don't think most people would have the patience for it. It's beautiful!

Brooke
09-15-2011, 01:11 PM
It really is beautiful Rhonda! Well done! :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
09-15-2011, 02:17 PM
That's gorgeous Rhonda. how long would it take you to make ne like this.

I know it kinda isn't your business if this guy is reselling the gourds, but if he was making a big profit off it I wouldn't see it as being exactly fair on you either. I'd speak to him. Of course it IS entirely possible that his Mum DOES collect them!

Good luck!

Koala
09-16-2011, 12:25 AM
WOW the gourd is beautiful!

EaglesKiwi
09-16-2011, 04:57 AM
Beautiful work, Rhonda. I'd have a chat to the guy, too. There's nothing wrong with him re-selling them, but if he's doing that then maybe you could have little cards to go with them that talk about the artist...??

And if he IS collecting them for his Mum, then she might like to know more about you too!

ticky
09-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Thanks everyone :) It is time consuming, but art is! It's an act of love *G* This one took me a LONG time just to figure out what to do with it. I had the gourd sitting on the table for about 3 months before I finally figured out the design I wanted on it.

HH- I draw the design on with pencil then burn it on. This one was painful *G* because the feathers had so much detail (and I have arthritis in my thumbs so I had to keep stopping and resting my hands *G*)

I think you're all right and I'll confront him next time I see him. Maybe I can do it kind of sideways... let him know that if there WAS someone out there who wanted to sell them for me, I'd be more then happy to make a deal! *G* but I wont see him till the 24th. Im still not sure I'll sell this one. We'll see.

We're heading to the cabin this weekend. My cousin Rachel from Chicago is in town and really wants to go so we'll go for a few days. Cliff and Jenni are in Southern Oregon visiting Cliff's Mom. She just had Heart Surgery, getting some kind of defibrillator thingie installed in her heart. The surgery went well and I got a txt from her this morning so she must be feeling okay! The weather is iffy so Im bringing my kindle and Ipod and a huge batch of Italian Wedding Soup *G* I love being up there when the only thing to do is snuggle in front of the fire, read a great book and watch the rain, but Sarah, not so much *G* fortunately her cousin Jess will be there too so they can play. We'll be back Sunday! Have a great weekend everyone!

Glennsallnighter
09-17-2011, 06:59 AM
You too Rhonda! Enjoy your weekend!

ticky
09-28-2011, 01:51 PM
I just finished this one and Im really thrilled with how it came out! It's pretty large, about 38" in circumference and about 24" tall
http://tickypages.com/gourd_art/dragonflies1.jpg
http://tickypages.com/gourd_art/dragonflies2.jpg

Glennsallnighter
09-28-2011, 02:07 PM
No wonder the pics took a while to load Rhonda! it's gorgeous! I hope you make a pretty penny for it. You have a real talent for the artistic!

Henley Honey
09-28-2011, 03:02 PM
That is gorgeous! Love the dragonflys. GA is right. Not only the size but the detail should help fetch a nice price. Beautiful Artwork.
What ever happened with the guy who you thought was reselling them?
Just curious. You can always tell me to MYOB!! :hilarious:

ticky
09-28-2011, 03:27 PM
HH - No problems *G* he didnt show up last week and this Friday is the last day for the Banks Farmers Market. If he doesnt show, his loss.. but it may be anyway, I just talked to my Mom and she and I are planning a trip to the coast to see a few galleries there and show them my work! See, THIS was my plan all along! (method to my madness!) I get enough high end stuff built up to get into a gallery out on the coast, maybe Newport or Bandon, one of those beautiful coastal towns, then I'd have to go back every few months to check my stock!! *G* The $$$ isnt so important as long as it covers the cost of the trip *G* and when I get really BIG in the art world, I'll get some galleries in Mexico, Hawaii, San Diego (why San Diego, Rhonda?? Hmm... gee.. I wonder why.. *G*)
Sorry about the slow load on the images. My server is really slow lately! Not sure why, but I may have to poke it with a stick soon.

Brooke
09-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Ha, ha! Good luck Rhonda! Really, it is beautiful! Great job! :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
09-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Well good luck with that Rhonda. I really hope you manage to sell them in the galleries. They are certainly deserving.

Prettymaid
09-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Beautiful! Love the colors!

sodascouts
09-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Gorgeous!

Lisa
09-28-2011, 09:50 PM
I hope you take the gourd with the dragonfly and flower art to the Galleries, and I hope that it is picked for a show. The art is lovely.

Koala
09-29-2011, 12:28 AM
Gorgeous, great work!:thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
09-29-2011, 07:45 AM
Another beautiful one, Rhonda!! Don't forget us little people when you make it big in the art world. Looking forward to that Border Party then! :)

Annabel
09-29-2011, 07:50 AM
Wow, they are beautiful. :thumbsup:

Freypower
10-12-2011, 10:09 PM
This is worth a look:

http://www.essentialkids.com.au/photogallery/older-kids/toys-and-products-for-older-kids/iconic-images-in-lego-20111007-1ldb9.html

Glennsallnighter
10-13-2011, 02:17 AM
Oh that is SOOOOOO cute! Nice find FP!

Koala
10-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Cool find!

Some landscape shots from our vacation!

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/Denmark%202011/Dnemark2011277.jpg?t=1318684447 http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/Denmark%202011/Dnemark2011163.jpg?t=1318684604

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/Denmark%202011/Dnemark2011269.jpg?t=1318684468 http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/Denmark%202011/Dnemark2011065.jpg?t=1318684647

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/Denmark%202011/Dnemark2011255.jpg?t=1318684517 http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/Denmark%202011/Dnemark2011230.jpg?t=1318684554

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/Denmark%202011/Dnemark2011072.jpg?t=1318684822 http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/Denmark%202011/Dnemark2011130.jpg?t=1318684696

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/Denmark%202011/Dnemark2011118.jpg?t=1318684806 http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/Denmark%202011/Dnemark2011265.jpg?t=1318684502

Koala
10-15-2011, 10:17 AM
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/Denmark%202011/Dnemark2011046.jpg?t=1318684914 http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/Denmark%202011/Dnemark2011162.jpg?t=1318684925

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/Denmark%202011/Dnemark2011168.jpg?t=1318684938 http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/Denmark%202011/Dnemark2011182.jpg?t=1318684968

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/Denmark%202011/Dnemark2011225.jpg?t=1318684984 http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/Denmark%202011/Dnemark2011264.jpg?t=1318684994

VAisForEagleLovers
10-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Beautiful, Koala! Looks like you had a great time!

TimothyBFan
10-17-2011, 08:09 AM
Those were beautiful Koala. Thanks for sharing them.

Brooke
10-17-2011, 10:31 AM
Just lovely Koala!

Glennsallnighter
10-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Gorgeous pictures Koala! I'm delighted you had such a good time. roll on Disneyland Paris! enjoy!!

10-19-2011, 12:00 AM
Those are awesome, Koala. They truly look like postcards.

Koala
10-21-2011, 05:47 AM
Thanks guys, glad you like it!

Prettymaid
10-21-2011, 07:45 AM
Yeah Koala, your photography skills are very good.

EaglesKiwi
10-22-2011, 05:49 AM
Some photos from our holiday. We had mixed weather, it was windy & rainy when we arrived but got some beautiful days later in the week.

Bush walk:
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k572/suzanne_eagleskiwi/Bay%20of%20Islands%20Oct%202011/IMG_0454.jpg

Boat trip around the islands (when we saw dolphins):
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k572/suzanne_eagleskiwi/Bay%20of%20Islands%20Oct%202011/IMG_0737.jpg

Cape Reinga (very top of New Zealand):
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k572/suzanne_eagleskiwi/Bay%20of%20Islands%20Oct%202011/IMG_0784.jpg

Glennsallnighter
10-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Lovely pics EK! You all look to be having a wonderful time. I assume the last pic is one of yourself? You look lovely, and like you are having so much fun.

Freypower
10-22-2011, 04:57 PM
EK, it's always great to see another redhead, if that's you. Great photos.

Koala
10-23-2011, 02:13 AM
Verry nice photos, EK!

ticky
10-23-2011, 04:12 AM
EK- Beautiful pictures!! and what a handsome family you have! That looks like the kind of vacation you wished would never end.

I finally caved and set up a facebook page for my gourd business (http://www.facebook.com/pages/RGill-Designs/252610888123707). I was just too lazy to make one from scratch. Anyway, I got some of my newer gourds on line so I thought I'd show ya'll what Ive got so far.

this is Bugs2 - Im really bad at naming my art work. My friend Kat names her stuff things like "Circle of warriors" and "Singing women" I stay basic... Bugs2 cuz this is my 2nd bug design...
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/298646_252624364789026_252610888123707_752203_1413 711259_n.jpg
(sorry about the size- )

this one is small dragonfly - again. not such an original name...
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/291892_252631018121694_252610888123707_752271_5989 94029_n.jpg

those are the two newest, but I have a few more I just need to photograph> I'll post those when I do (and I promise I'll resize em too!)

Brooke
10-24-2011, 09:43 AM
EK, lovely pictures! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Ticky, your latest gourds are really pretty!

Koala
10-24-2011, 11:02 AM
ticky, great work, looks fantastic

Glennsallnighter
10-24-2011, 02:16 PM
They really are works of art Rhonda. You sure have a talent with them!

Glennhoney
10-24-2011, 08:16 PM
..beautiful work..

Freypower
10-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Thanks guys, glad you like it!

And can I thank you for the postcard. I certainly did not have any from there; that takes my total of postcards from Denmark to 4. When I was there, in 1973, the only ones I got were of the Little Mermaid & two very old ones of the Tivoli Gardens. I wasn't a collector back then.

EaglesKiwi
10-26-2011, 05:15 AM
And can I thank you for the postcard. I certainly did not have any from there; that takes my total of postcards from Denmark to 3. When I was there, in 1973, the only ones I got were of the Little Mermaid & two very old ones of the Tivoli Gardens. I wasn't a collector back then.
What kind of travel postcards do you collect, FP? Just places you have been?

Yes, the last photo I posted was me :). Thanks everyone for the nice comments! It was indeed a vacation we didn't want to end. The kids had so much fun doing the simplest stuff - fishing off the wharf, playing catch at the beach.

TimothyBFan
10-26-2011, 08:27 AM
EK---looks like an awesome time was had!!! And I'm a bit partial to redheads also, my daughter is one! :thumbsup:

10-26-2011, 09:26 AM
EK - Love your photos, too and am glad (and :jealous: ) that you had such a wonderful vacation.

And ticky - your gourds are beautiful as usual - you are a very talented lady!

Freypower
10-26-2011, 04:49 PM
What kind of travel postcards do you collect, FP? Just places you have been?

I am lucky enough to have travelled extensively so most of my postcards are of places I have visited but I always welcome more from absolutely anywhere.

Glennsallnighter
10-27-2011, 02:18 AM
I tried to mail you some from the time Laura and I were in Belfast to see the Eagles Julie, and as we know they never arrived. How about I get you a general Irish selection and mail them with the Hard Rock shirt that I promised. I haven't forgotten about that but I haven't been in town since I got home - work takes up so much of my Glenntime at the moment!

Freypower
10-27-2011, 05:43 PM
I tried to mail you some from the time Laura and I were in Belfast to see the Eagles Julie, and as we know they never arrived. How about I get you a general Irish selection and mail them with the Hard Rock shirt that I promised. I haven't forgotten about that but I haven't been in town since I got home - work takes up so much of my Glenntime at the moment!

That would be appreciated but please don't feel obligated. I actually have a postcard of Cork on the fridge at the moment which my mother brought back.

Henley Honey
10-28-2011, 04:10 PM
I am lucky enough to have travelled extensively so most of my postcards are of places I have visited but I always welcome more from absolutely anywhere.

While Soda and I were cruising around Manhattan, I picked up some NYC postcards for you, FP. Send me a pm with your address and I'll send them off to you!

Freypower
10-28-2011, 05:46 PM
While Soda and I were cruising around Manhattan, I picked up some NYC postcards for you, FP. Send me a pm with your address and I'll send them off to you!

Oh, thanks HH. I wasn't sure whether to ask or not.

Glennsallnighter
10-29-2011, 07:17 PM
That would be appreciated but please don't feel obligated. I actually have a postcard of Cork on the fridge at the moment which my mother brought back.

Oooh nice! Ny Dads from Cork. I'll see what I can do!

jdubfan
10-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Some of the pretty things I've seen this fall....

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6102/6294748423_5ff9880263.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6225/6295259508_f81c4f954c.jpg

Those were in northern Indiana

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6047/6294719671_eec19c4f62.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6120/6295247486_8f84562ec0.jpg

Western Colorado

Koala
10-30-2011, 12:13 PM
WOW! Amazing photos!

sodascouts
10-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Those photos are magnificent!

EaglesFanatic
10-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Wow, that first picture, the one of the sunset, is gorgeous! Great photos :nod:

Prettymaid
10-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Jdub, your pictures are beautiful!

Many of you know of my newfound love for the other kind of eagles. Recently I bought a new camera and took it on our trips to Monroe Lake in Indiana and to the World Bird Sanctuary in St. Louis. Some of you have already seen these on facebook.

Monroe Lake
http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Our%20trip%20to%20WBS%20and%20Monroe%20Lake/DSC00253-1.jpg

We took a trail that led us to a 175 year old oak tree.
http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Our%20trip%20to%20WBS%20and%20Monroe%20Lake/DSC00212-1.jpg

At one point the trail opened up into a clearing. It was so beautiful it looked like a painting.
http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Our%20trip%20to%20WBS%20and%20Monroe%20Lake/DSC00214-1.jpg

Blue Heron just before dawn...
http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Our%20trip%20to%20WBS%20and%20Monroe%20Lake/DSC00221-1.jpg

Bluebird
http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Our%20trip%20to%20WBS%20and%20Monroe%20Lake/DSC00245-1.jpg

Prettymaid
10-30-2011, 05:52 PM
At the World Bird Sanctuary

Bald eagles!
http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Our%20trip%20to%20WBS%20and%20Monroe%20Lake/DSC00380-1.jpg

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Our%20trip%20to%20WBS%20and%20Monroe%20Lake/DSC00408-1.jpg

Barn Owl
http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Our%20trip%20to%20WBS%20and%20Monroe%20Lake/DSC00353-1.jpg

Great Horned Owl
http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Our%20trip%20to%20WBS%20and%20Monroe%20Lake/DSC00262-1.jpg

Look at that face!
http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Our%20trip%20to%20WBS%20and%20Monroe%20Lake/DSC00370-1.jpg

Glennsallnighter
10-30-2011, 05:52 PM
JDFan! I love your pictures, particularly the one of the sunset. I love chasing sunsets wherever we go, and that one is beautiful.

Cathy, Those Fall pics are gorgeous too, as are the ones of the birds. Do you go up close to them or are you using a long lens?

Prettymaid
10-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Thanks GA. I did not want to invest in an SLR camera and have to buy interchangeable lenses, so I opted for a point and shoot with a zoom lens. Mine is a Sony Cyber-Shot with a 30X optical zoom.

sodascouts
10-30-2011, 06:11 PM
Your photos are lovely as well, PM! Those eagles look quite fierce!

VAisForEagleLovers
10-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Beautiful pics, PM!!

Koala
10-31-2011, 01:17 AM
Wonderful photos PM!

EaglesKiwi
10-31-2011, 04:16 AM
Wonderful pics, PM!

I admit, each of the birds in your photos reminded me of one of our Eagles... :blush:

Brooke
10-31-2011, 10:34 AM
LOL EK!

Yes, jdfan and Pm, your photos are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Pm, your photo of the Great Horned Owl reminds me of one that showed up in our back yard a few years ago. One day I noticed it sitting in the edge of our back yard. The next day it had moved closer to the house. The next day it was sitting on the wing wall of our house! That was kind of spooky, that it kept moving closer to the house! We even fed it some pieces of bacon. Evidently it was sick or it would never have come so close to people. The next day it was dead out in the middle of the yard. Poor thing. I have a picture somewhere. I'll try to find it.

Prettymaid
10-31-2011, 02:16 PM
How sad Brooke.

WalshFan88
10-31-2011, 07:44 PM
Great photos Jdubfan and PM!

TimothyBFan
11-01-2011, 08:30 AM
Am loving all of these beautiful pictures!!! Thanks for sharing them!

WalshFan88
11-24-2011, 01:41 PM
My new "toy"! I love Apple/Macs! It's an iMac! I LOVE it!

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k590/gibsonguitar1988/DSCN0372.jpg

PS: Anyone notice the background?! ;)

Glennsallnighter
11-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Lovely background Austin :wink: and lovely new toy! Hope you get countless hours of use from it!

WalshFan88
11-24-2011, 02:19 PM
I love it! Macs are so fast and so elegant and have little-to-no maintenance needs.

Koala
11-25-2011, 01:04 AM
Great, both the backround and your new toy, enjoy it!

Brooke
11-25-2011, 08:28 PM
:cool: Austin!

WalshFan88
11-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Thanks everyone! I love it! I'm a Mac diehard! :D

Prettymaid
11-27-2011, 09:36 PM
PS: Anyone notice the background?! ;)

Are you kidding? It's the first thing I noticed!

Glad your happy with your new computer!

TimothyBFan
11-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Love your Mac, Austin. My laptop blew up on me (actually it just fried) a few weeks back and I debated on getting a new one. Instead I just brought my Mom's home with me which we had just bought about a month before she passed away so it is practically new anyways. Problem is, I was using Carbonite to back up everything on the old one and now I'm trying to restore to this one, what a freakin' nightmare!!! It's been stuck at 22% for 2 days now and I'm getting no where. The files it has backed up look like they're here but when I click on them, they are showing empty. My pictures scare me but the thing I'm worried most about is my itunes. When I downloaded itunes onto here yesterday, it gave me the option to look for files on the computer and I was able to get about 2000 songs back but they are all jumbled and no where close to complete discographies for the groups I had those loaded on my other one. I'm beside myself on how I'm going to get them back. Googled Carbonite (which I also did before I signed up for and the reviews were really good then) yesterday and now I'm really scared. Just in the last few months, there seems to be many problems with restoring your stuff. :help:

But on a HAPPY note.....Austin, I have a new toy that's bigger than yours!!! :hilarious: I bought a new truck this weekend. Decided to let Katie take my other SUV with her when she moves next weekend. Told her will let her use it for a year or so, till she can get her something else. It's gotten to the point that every time I wanted to go somewhere, I had to check with her or hubby so that I didn't taken a vehicle if they were going to need them. So I decided to go shopping. Loving it so far. Test drove another Mustang (I've had several), a sporty little BMW and a couple smaller SUVs but in the long run, practicality won out and I opted for a super roomy Ford Explorer. Loving it so far.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/314385_2410349250672_1009445053_32052013_127369578 1_n.jpg

Brooke
11-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Very nice, Willie!

As for the 'puter stuff, sounds like the problems I have with them. :roll:

WalshFan88
11-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Ruhroh Willie! Carbonite is a very legit company but it does sound like they are having troubles at the moment.

Forewarning: Backup lecture begins now! :hilarious:

I HIGHLY recommend to back up in no less than 3 places. In the cloud (ie Carbonite), on an external hard drive, and on a DVD/CD stored in a fireproof safe (for highly valuable documents/spreadsheets/photos). I'd really recommend picking up a 1TB USB external hard drive when you can. They go over USB and you can even set it up to back up itself or you can do it manually. I prefer the set it and forget it method for people that may not remember or don't have the time too and that's what I even do myself. You can get an external hard drive for around 70 bucks IIRC, and it's worth it. I have a couple of them here and they have saved me lots! Also USB thumbdrives are great for storing small files as well and for traveling.

At least you tried to backup! Most people yell at me when I tell them I have to wipe their hard drive because of a virus that I can't remove or a corrupted filesystem. They didn't back up AT ALL, and now are going to lose everything. Not my fault I say. I try to have SOME compassion but honestly it's their own fault for relying on a piece of fragile technology that can go kaput at any given moment to hold their important/precious/valuable/irreplaceable data. I work on computers here locally and also remotely and I see this all the time. I give them the same lecture I gave you, but for the people that don't back up at all I'm a little more stern! :D

sodascouts
11-28-2011, 01:53 PM
I got some kind of a virus last week and since then have been backing up files like a madwoman. I have all the important stuff on an external hard drive but I'll look into this "cloud" business too - although I'm a little nervous about having all my private files hosted by a third party. Hmmm.

Good luck with the recovery mission, Willie - and love the new car!

Glennsallnighter
11-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Love your new truck Willie! I must say you are a very generous mummy! Mine bought me a (pedal) bike when I started in college! But I guess times have changed since then.

Yep, Austin, my old laptop broke down shortly after Christmas last year and luckily after doing a photography course earlier in the year I had invested in a 1TB backup device, so I lost very little which a friend was able to restore for me. But I shudder to think about all the family pics I would have lost forever if I hadn't.

Soda, in my innocence earlier I thought the 'virus' you were referring to was the sore throat and cold you complained about last week. Hope both you and the computer have recoved!

ticky
11-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Willie!! WOW!! beautiful! Color me jealous! *G* It's a really pretty car and Im a ford girl through and through. Ive had a Ford Windstar for the past 12 years and it's given me a minimal of problems and its still going strong! Its starting to show its age and it smells like stale fries and sour milk, but it gets me from point A to point B with all my stuff and the kids et al.. (I make no ecuses I REALLY want a Ford Flex ~i need something big and just short of a semi to haul all my sales stuff around ~ and Im looking at this summer... possibly) but as long as the van runs, it's all good.

As far as the 'puter stuff goes, UGH! Im avoiding techno-crap as much as possible these days. I use my phone (android) and my puter and as long as it works, its all good. If it stops, I'll think about it again :) I can say, I have two external hard drives that hold most of my back up stuff, including 48 gigs of audio books and music et al. It's my back up :)

sodascouts
11-28-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm still coughing, but getting better, I think.

As for that computer virus, though, no luck so far. I've tried all sorts of anti-virus programs and a system restore, but still it keeps returning.

Here's how the virus works: you do a search on Google, Bing, or any other search engine. Your list of results comes up as normal. However, when you click on a result, your browser is redirected to a spam page.

So, I can type in URLs directly and I'm OK, but if I try to search for anything, I just keep getting the same spam pages. :enraged::enraged::enraged:

I'm going to have to take the computer in to purge it, I think, and that SUCKS.

Koala
11-29-2011, 01:07 AM
Very nice car, TBF!

Prettymaid
11-29-2011, 09:18 AM
VERY nice ride Willie, but I wouldn't want to fill up your gas tank! :hilarious:

We recently bought a new Honda Civic. Our Impala was paid for and we gave it to Chuck and Julie (long story). Hubby drives the Civic to work, about 40 miles one way, and I drive our little S10 pickup for my 1 mile commute!

Wish I had a pic of the new car (in keeping with the thread) but I don't. :sad:

TimothyBFan
11-29-2011, 09:50 AM
VERY nice ride Willie, but I wouldn't want to fill up your gas tank! :hilarious:

We recently bought a new Honda Civic. Our Impala was paid for and we gave it to Chuck and Julie (long story). Hubby drives the Civic to work, about 40 miles one way, and I drive our little S10 pickup for my 1 mile commute!

Like us--Larry drives 45 miles one way and I work from home. He has a little 4WD Kia Sportage but it still doesn't get good gas mileage. The sensible thing would be a small, good gas mileage car for him but with our winters, we've always had 4WDs or at least AWDs, which is what our Pacifica is that Katie is using. And the fact that we are always doing auctions and antiquing, we haul a lot of stuff! When I've had my Mustangs, we've always stored them in the winter time.

As far as filling it up, I did that the day I brought it home out of curiosity. It had about an 1/8 of a tank and it took $54.00 to fill it up. Not as bad as I figured. As long as I'm the only one driving it, I will still have that gas at Christmas time. Just tool around town and a trip to my Mom's every weekend to work on the house. But I'm sure Larry will be taking it a day or 2 (maybe tomorrow since we're expecting several inches of snow this evening). I received a text from him a bit ago that said we were going 4 wheeling tonight. :hilarious: Boys will be boys and he can't wait to play in the snow with it.

Freypower
12-29-2011, 07:17 PM
The year in Lego:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/gallery/2011/dec/13/2011-lego-year-news-pictures#/?picture=383194304&index=0

Koala
12-30-2011, 04:20 AM
The year in Lego:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/gallery/2011/dec/13/2011-lego-year-news-pictures#/?picture=383194304&index=0
Cool, thanks for the link!