PDA

View Full Version : Every picture tells a story

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Brooke
07-14-2007, 12:30 AM
I enjoy gardening in the summer. Here's some of the flowers on our deck. These begonias are beginning to kind of "take over"!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Outdoors/IMG_0177.jpg

And "Dr. No", down in the left corner, is ever present if anyone comes outside! He always wants to know what's going on!

Freypower
07-14-2007, 12:36 AM
What a beautiful photo Brooke! :shock: It's midwinter down here and it's just cold. :cry:

Ive always been a dreamer
07-14-2007, 12:57 AM
That is a beautiful picture, Brooke and a wonderful new topic! :D

Glennsallnighter
07-14-2007, 04:08 AM
Brooke, thats gorgeous, so summery. And we're not getting much of a summer here at all this year. Lotsa rain and then more rain. It's like a particularly nice (but late and short) spring fast forwarded to Autumn. So pics like this are particularly nice.

Brooke
07-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks guys!

I intended (getting forgetful in my golden years!) to also put in my post that it would be nice to "see" what everyone's been up to, like gardening, vacationing, fun stuff, or just everyday life! Take a picture and show us! :D

glenneaglesfan
07-15-2007, 05:25 AM
That's a lovely picture, Brooke, and a great topic to start. Like GA, we've had almost nothing but rain. There was a brief day of respite yesterday, but today, July 15th, is St Swithin's day, when if it rains today we can expect 40 days of rain to follow, and guess what?

Here's our patio.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/IMG_1100.jpg

and here's our new woodburner. Who'd have thought we'd be using it now?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/IMG_1097.jpg

Brooke
07-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Gef, your patio looks lovely and the woodburner very inviting! Looks like your kitty is enjoying it, too! :D

My hubby and I spend so much time out on our deck that I've been thinking about getting one of those chiminea thingys so we can be out there in cooler weather, too.

sodascouts
07-15-2007, 11:18 PM
Nice flowers, guys! And I love the wood burner, too. ;)

DonFan
07-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Great pictures, Brooke and GEF. Your tortiseshell kitty is beautiful--she looks just like my kitty, Muffin.

Glennsallnighter
07-16-2007, 05:57 PM
While I drool over your beautiful back gardens, patios and woodburners, please spare a thought for me. We are getting our kitchen extended at the moment. This is how the back garden looks this summer!
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/backgarden2.jpg

I can't even get out to it - the pic was taken from my son's bedroom window. And I've forgotten what a washing line is :!:

Brooke
07-16-2007, 07:11 PM
:shock: :lol: It does look like it has much potential, Ga! Hope the remodeling goes fast for you. It's not much fun living in it when it's being done. Be sure to show us your new kitchen when it's all finished!

Glennsallnighter
07-16-2007, 08:41 PM
:shock: :lol: It does look like it has much potential, Ga! Hope the remodeling goes fast for you. It's not much fun living in it when it's being done. Be sure to show us your new kitchen when it's all finished!

Of course I will. Its not too bad at the moment as I still have my original kitchen intact. The fun begins next week when they break through the old wall to integrate the newly built part and the original part!

07-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Hang in there GA - Hopefully, when you get your new enlarged kitchen, it will have been worth all the mess. :)

glenneaglesfan
07-17-2007, 05:33 PM
GA, we've been through the kitchen extension as well. Fortunately, we were on holiday (in Ireland!) for the worst of it, but it was well worth it. We were lucky enough to have a good summer, and did most of our cooking on the bbq. Hang in there!

Mrs Frey
07-18-2007, 02:09 AM
Don't worry, GA - once your kitchen has been completed, all shiny and new, you will forget all about the inconvenience building it caused! :D

Brooke, I'm loving your deck - it's so picturesque! Dr No is adorable!

GEF, it looks as though you have a beautiful home. I love your cat - what breed is she/he? My mom always used to call them "cross cats", as they have a look of permanent "crossness" on their faces, which I find so cute!

DF, "Muffin" is such a cute name for a cat! And it also reminds me of what I've been eating too much of lately... :laugh: :blush: Don't worry, I started cycling again on Monday, after a 7-month layoff, so I'll be burning some of those muffin calories! :wink: I do want my figure back by the time I meet Glenn :heart:... :wink:

Glennsallnighter
07-18-2007, 06:26 AM
Thanks for your good wishes everyone :D Unfortunately GEF, BBQing is not very likely in this so called summer, although in any ordinary summer would be great. I'm very tempted to take the kids away to sunnier climes for a week or two, even if hubby can't get off work. They are so pale from lack of sunshine. Anyone know what the weather forecast for Niagara Falls is over the next few weeks? They would so love to see a 'big waterfall' :twisted: :wink:

Mrs Frey
07-18-2007, 07:08 AM
GA, an acquaintance of mine has recently just returned from a two-week holiday in Canada, and apparently the weather there is very pleasant - quite hot, in fact. I would imagine Glenn :heart: would get quite a nice tan while staying there for his concerts on 16 and 17 August... :twisted: I'm still sour because I can't go and see him, but I knew there was a reason I can't go, and recently the band and I were informed of our lead guitarist's plans to have his 50th birthday party on 18 August (his birthday is actually on 22 August), and we have been asked to play there! So if I'd gone to see Glenn :heart:, I would have missed out on his party!

I would imagine that is a good enough reason. What do you all think? :wink:

glenneaglesfan
07-19-2007, 05:53 AM
I love your cat - what breed is she/he? My mom always used to call them "cross cats", as they have a look of permanent "crossness" on their faces, which I find so cute!
MF, Gemma is a long-haired non-pedigree moggy. I like your mom's expression! Gemma does tend to look cross, although she's very sweet natured.

DF, I've seen pictures of Muffin, and they could be sisters! Gemma is at least 17 years old though.

GA, you are having the same weather as us. Last night we managed a barbecue for the first time in about two months, and this came over the house.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/IMG_1127.jpg

Brooke, I recommend a chiminea. We eat outside as much as possible, even out of season, and it's nice to have some warmth.

EasyFeeling
07-19-2007, 07:59 AM
Wow, I missed a lot in this thread. Too much to comment all.
Beautiful photos and the one GA posted... messy. :wink:
Brooke, you really named your dog Dr. No? http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif That's too funny. I like this name. 8)

I didn't know where to put this it's appropriate here as well as in the home life thread I think.

Next weekend there is a big event in Bremen it's called Badeinselregatta, I can only translate it word for word, bathing isle regatta. I know this is wrong but you get the idea when you look at the photos.
It happens every year. Even I never took active part in that it's a lot of fun to see with which method people try to get ahead.
The distance what they have to manage is 1,6 km. And they only have their arms and legs. Before it starts they have to run over the isles and you can imagine nobody reached the 100th so far. :wink:
After the award ceremony a big party starts and ends at 12 pm with a huge fireworks.

Here are some photos from last year.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/Bade1.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/Bade3.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/Bade4.jpg

Glennsallnighter
07-19-2007, 02:25 PM
GA, an acquaintance of mine has recently just returned from a two-week holiday in Canada, and apparently the weather there is very pleasant - quite hot, in fact. I would imagine Glenn :heart: would get quite a nice tan while staying there for his concerts on 16 and 17 August... :twisted: I'm still sour because I can't go and see him, but I knew there was a reason I can't go, and recently the band and I were informed of our lead guitarist's plans to have his 50th birthday party on 18 August (his birthday is actually on 22 August), and we have been asked to play there! So if I'd gone to see Glenn :heart:, I would have missed out on his party!

I would imagine that is a good enough reason. What do you all think? :wink:

MF, I think thats a perfect reason :wink: :wink: I'm sure your friend would be really upset if you weren't able to play for his birthday celebration. I'm sure Glenn :heart: will totally understand.

Glennsallnighter
07-19-2007, 02:28 PM
GA, you are having the same weather as us. Last night we managed a barbecue for the first time in about two months, and this came over the house.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/IMG_1127.jpg

Brooke, I recommend a chiminea. We eat outside as much as possible, even out of season, and it's nice to have some warmth.

How beautiful. My 3 year old son is always asking to go on a hot air balloon. Hope you all enjoyed your BBQ GEF

glenneaglesfan
07-19-2007, 05:30 PM
GA, thanks! We get HABs going over fairly often in the summer, as we are near a popular launch site. Me and SO were planning a trip, until we both had disturbing hot air balloon dreams within a week of each other! :?

EF, that festival looks terrific fun. Your English is so very good I have been struggling with a translation, but in the end the pictures say it all! Bremen looks a beautiful city.

Molly
07-19-2007, 05:55 PM
GA, thanks! We get HABs going over fairly often in the summer, as we are near a popular launch site. Me and SO were planning a trip, until we both had disturbing hot air balloon dreams within a week of each other! :?

Kate, I highly recommend taking a hot air balloon ride! Some good friends of ours have their own balloon and Steve, the boys and I have been crew members for years, we're spoiled being around it all the time. The rides are amazing - so gentle and peaceful.

glenneaglesfan
07-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Thanks, Molly! I might give it a try after your recommendation. I'd love to try a flight over the moor.

EasyFeeling
07-20-2007, 12:29 PM
EF, that festival looks terrific fun. Your English is so very good I have been struggling with a translation, but in the end the pictures say it all! Bremen looks a beautiful city.

You think so? :D Last year I broke off an English course because I learned much to little. Last week my boss asked me if I want to do another course. I said no because I'm learning English in the internet and it's for free and a lot of fun . :twisted: Needless to say I didn't tell him I go to message boards (sometime during work time). :wink:

SweetHolly
07-20-2007, 01:31 PM
You think so? :D Last year I broke off an English course because I learned much to little. Last week my boss asked me if I want to do another course. I said no because I'm learning English in the internet and it's for free and a lot of fun . :twisted: Needless to say I didn't tell him I go to message boards (sometime during work time). :wink:
Your English is spectacular EF! :wink:

glenneaglesfan
08-27-2007, 05:42 AM
Just thought I'd show you this little chap who appeared on my parents' balcony. You can't really see how tiny he was, less than two inches, and he didn't look old enough to fly! He's a baby goldcrest - I think you call them kinglets in America. Just after the photo he proved that he could fly and took off into a tree.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/IMG_1252.jpg

Brooke
08-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Awwww, what a cutie, gef! :D

Perfect Little Sister
08-27-2007, 12:47 PM
I love the baby bird pic gef. Last weekend hubby was cleaning up outside and asked me if I thought the chickadees that nest in our eves every year are gone. I could see in his eyes he was thinking of knocking down the nest and I told him, "Don't you dare!" Momma comes back every year to have her babies there. As he knows what's good for him, hubby left my birdies' nest alone. lol

sodascouts
08-27-2007, 12:54 PM
aw, what a cute birdie!

GEF, hope you have a great time in Portugal. We'll miss you. Don't get in any trouble, now. ;)

Brooke
11-04-2007, 03:51 PM
I went on a fall color drive yesterday to Hermann, MO. It's a small German town in the center of the state by the Missouri river with several wineries. Stone Hill Winery is the largest. It was a beautiful trip.

Click on the link to see the main house of the winery. I forgot to take a picture of my own!

http://www.stonehillwinery.com/images/content/hermann/gallery/Hermann/MainHouse2.jpg

This is the view from the main house in the link:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Outdoors/IMG_0322.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Outdoors/IMG_0324.jpg

And yes, the wine was great! :cheers:

Glennsallnighter
11-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Oh Brooke! Those pics are gorgeous! Aren't the fall coulours spectacular

sodascouts
11-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Lovely photos!

EasyFeeling
11-05-2007, 04:01 AM
Just beautiful. :)

Mrs Frey
11-05-2007, 06:18 AM
Those are beautiful photos, Brooke. South Africa is fortunate enough to have a lot of beauty like that in the Cape Province in places such as Stellenbosch, Paarl and Franschhoek, where there are wine farms. I really enjoy taking a drive through those areas, as the beauty just takes my breath away, and I find it very relaxing just looking at it. It brings a sort of peaceful, easy feeling over me... :wink: (okay, that pun just came to me as I was typing, and I couldn't resist! :blush: )

EasyFeeling
11-05-2007, 06:51 AM
easy feeling

http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/f050.gif
Did someone call my name? :wink:

glenneaglesfan
11-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Those are beauiful pictures, Brooke. The wet summer seems to have brought out beautiful autumn colours here, too, especially our beech trees. Unfortunately my new camera has developed another fault, so has had to go back for repair.

Brooke
12-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Here are a couple pictures of the Fabulous Fox theater in St. Louis. It is very elaborate and grand and ornate. These are from their website as mine are still stuck on my camera phone!

This is their website where there several more pics: http://www.fabulousfox.com/photo_gallery_2.aspx

This is the lobby as you enter the building:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Extras/27.jpg

And this is a view from the stage:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Extras/9.jpg

There are 2 balconies. Sorry they are dark and small. The stage had beautiful gold brocade curtains. There is marble and carvings and pillars everywhere. Quite a beautiful place and was built in the 20's.

sodascouts
12-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Looks beautiful. Thanks for posting the photos!

Molly
12-07-2007, 09:24 AM
How beautiful, Brooke!

My mother-in-law grew up in St. Louis and has talked about seeing shows at the Fox Theater.

Hopefully, I'll have to remember to put it on my list of things to see on one of our trips to SL to visit family. I've seen the Anheiser Busch Brewery twice. I'm not sure why the family put that on the priority list of things to do -we're from Milwaukee-we've seen breweries!

12-07-2007, 11:33 AM
I've been to the Fox Theatre as well, Brooke and Molly. During the late 90's, I commuted to St. Louis for my job. I was there so much that I actually had a corporate apartment for a couple of years. It was very cool - I could lay in my bed and have a perfect view of the Gateway Arch. I went to see Sunset Boulevard at the Fox Theatre, and it is very beautiful (the play was terrific too). One of my other memories was my visit to the St. Louis Cathedral. If you are ever in the city, I highly recommend going to see it. It is probably the single-most beautiful building that I have ever been in. I can't even explain the feeling that I had when I was in the building, but it was unlike anything I've ever experienced before. I have never been to the Vatican, but if those buildings are nearly as beautiful, they must have a very powerful effect on people.

Brooke
12-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Molly, that's too funny that the breweries topped your families sightseeing list when I'm sure you've already seen many!

Dreamer, sounds like you had a very cool apartment in St. Louis!

I have seen the Cathedral from the outside, but have never been in. I'll have to put that on my list as well! :D

EasyFeeling
12-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks for posting the photos, Brooke. Looks beautiful and impressive. :)

Brooke
01-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Here is the pic of the doll that I got for Christmas.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Family/IMG_0387.jpg

She has a china head, feet and hands. My Mother thinks that my great aunt (who collected dolls) gave it to my Grandmother and also made her dress. The dress isn't that old and was probably made around 20 years ago as it closely matches the quilt she is sitting on. My Grandmother made the quilt for me around 18 years ago. Both are laying on a church pew that came from my great aunt's old country church.

DonFan
01-07-2008, 09:41 PM
She is just beautiful! What a treasure! Thanks so much for sharing her with us.

sodascouts
01-07-2008, 11:26 PM
What a precious gift. Thanks for posting the photo!

Glennsallnighter
01-08-2008, 05:38 AM
Oh Brooke, she's beautiful :) . Thanks so much for sharing both her pic and a little of her history with us. I'm sure you'll treasure her forever. Good luck with her.

glenneaglesfan
01-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Brooke, thank you for showing us your doll. She is beautiful. What a wonderful gift for you, especially with the family memories.

01-08-2008, 12:20 PM
I agree, Brooke. That is so sweet. Those are the kinds of gifts that always mean the most to us - the ones you can't put a price tag on. Some of the things that I cherish the most are some small things that belonged to my grandparents.

EasyFeeling
01-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Beautiful doll, Brooke. 8) I have a friend who collects dolls. Her living room is full of dolls. No space for other things anymore.

Mrs Frey
01-09-2008, 06:21 AM
Brooke, your doll is beautiful - I can just imagine how much she means to you.

I'm sorry that I missed your last contribution to this thread, i.e. your pictures of the Fabulous Fox theatre in St Louis. Wow, very impressive indeed.

Brooke
01-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Now I know why I've been going through so much bird seed!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Outdoors/IMG_0396.jpg

The little rascal! :fingerwag:

01-27-2008, 10:35 PM
That is too cute, Brooke!

sodascouts
01-27-2008, 10:38 PM
Caught red-pawed!

EasyFeeling
01-28-2008, 03:55 AM
That's cute, Brooke. :D He seems to be very hungry.

Mrs Frey
01-28-2008, 04:26 AM
Caught red-pawed!

LOL, Soda! :lol:

Brooke, that is adorable! I've always found squirrels among the cutest little creatures - those bushy tails and big eyes. Awwww...

I love your little bird house, too!

Brooke
01-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks! It was funny when I was trying to discreetly get this picture. He kept sliding down the pole and would hang on the feeder, hind legs dangling!

I love squirrels, too, Mrs. F, until they eat the corn and tomatoes in my garden before I can get them! We have so many where we live that they can be a nuisance! They are supposed to stay in the hickory and oak trees. But we had a late freeze last spring and there weren't many hickory nuts or acorns, so I kind of feel sorry for them.

glenneaglesfan
01-28-2008, 11:38 AM
That's a cute picture, Brooke! We have had one little squirrel in our back garden after hazelnuts from a tree in our back hedge. he was busily burying them in the lawn, so we'll have some interesting seedlings in the spring! He hasn't discovered our bird feeders - they are at the front. Your little birdhouse is sweet.

Glennsallnighter
01-28-2008, 06:27 PM
So cute Brooke! And I love the little bird house. Seriously though its awful that if Winter has come early or if the weather is harsh the poor little creatures in the wild can go hungry.

glenneaglesfan
03-03-2008, 07:29 PM
This is Padstow, a little fishing village on the north coast of Cornwall. It's at the end of the cycle trail we did the other day, and it's where I did some of my general practice training. Nowadays it's better known for Rick Stein's seafood restaurant.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Devon/Ascot010.jpg

We left our bikes in Padstow and walked along the cliffs to this beach. In summer it would be a bit busier. The estuary is the river Camel.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Devon/Ascot006.jpg

Brooke
03-03-2008, 09:37 PM
How beautiful, gef! Thank you for sharing those with us! :D

Glennsallnighter
03-04-2008, 05:51 AM
Absolutely Gorgeous GEF! Worth the aches and pains afterwards I'd say! I really must take a holiday to the West Coast of England soon. Its so near!

EasyFeeling
03-04-2008, 06:09 AM
Wow, what beautiful places, GEF. :D Thanks for sharing.

Mrs Frey
03-04-2008, 06:17 AM
Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures with us, GEF. Padstow is really picturesque. It reminds me a little of Simon's Town, here in the Cape, which is also our Naval base. In my fitter days I used to cycle 70 kilometres to and from Simon's Town (from my home). One of these days I will do it again! :nod:

sodascouts
03-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Terrific photos - thanks for posting them!

tbs fanatic
03-05-2008, 10:36 AM
GEF your picture reminds me of all the trips to Cornwall my family made over the years for our annual Summer Holiday. Lovely times.

03-05-2008, 12:04 PM
gef - thanks for those pics of Padstow. They are beautiful. I had no idea the beaches were that gorgeous with the snow white sand and clear aquamarine water in that part of the world.

glenneaglesfan
03-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Thanks for your nice comments everyone! tbs fanatic, where did you stay on your summer holidays? I lived in Cornwall for three years, and have had many holidays there, so I know most of the county pretty well.

Brooke
03-20-2008, 04:38 PM
To get in the mood for Easter:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Extras/easterchicks.jpg

Aren't they cute! :D

EasyFeeling
03-21-2008, 05:50 AM
Aaaaaaaw Brooke, they are very cute. :D

sodascouts
03-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Aw, so cute!

03-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Aw - they are adorable. Kinda reminds me of a certain video where the star was cuddling a little chick. Anyone remember? :D

Brooke
03-22-2008, 07:39 PM
No, I don't dreamer. :?

Here's one more for ya:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Extras/easterbutts.jpg

Glennsallnighter
03-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Aw - they are adorable. Kinda reminds me of a certain video where the star was cuddling a little chick. Anyone remember? :D

Thats EXACTLY what I was thinking Dreamer :wink:

glenneaglesfan
03-27-2008, 06:16 AM
Aw, cute pictures, Brooke!

glenneaglesfan
07-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Some holiday pics.

The view from our terrace

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Devon/IMG_2546.jpg

The harbour was beautiful for swimming, as long as you didn't put your feet on he sea urchins!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Devon/IMG_2543.jpg

Old Dubrovnik, the main street

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Devon/IMG_3002.jpg

View over the rooftops

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Devon/IMG_3036.jpg

Brooke
07-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Oh my! Those pictures are just breathtaking, gef! What a beautiful view you had!

I can't think of anywhere in the US that looks like that view of the main street and town. We just don't have anything that old! Gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing those! :D

07-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Oh my - you are so right, Brooke. These are absolutely stunning, GEF. You must have a great camera, too. Glad you had a wonderful holiday, but we missed you and are glad to have you back.

Glennsallnighter
07-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Oh GEF, They are magnificent. It looks like a stunning place to go to. And to have such a good camera as well is such a bonus. Well done!

sodascouts
07-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Wow, what gorgeous photos! Thanks for sharing them.

Mrs Frey
07-08-2008, 06:26 AM
Wow, what a beautiful country Croatia seems to be, and what excellent photos! Thanks for sharing those with us, GEF!

Mrs Henley
07-08-2008, 07:14 AM
Wow amazing! Really beautiful! Thanks for sharing! :D

glenneaglesfan
07-10-2008, 06:26 AM
Aw, thanks for the nice comments and the welcome back! I am lucky to have a great camera, a Canon EOS (Rebel in the US). It's hard not to take good pictures with it. :)

I can't think of anywhere in the US that looks like that view of the main street and town. We just don't have anything that old! Gorgeous!
Brooke, the old city of Dubrovnik dates right back to medieval times, although most of the buildings in the picture were built after 1667, when there was a disastrous earthquake. It suffered again in 1992 when it was bombarded by the Serbs in the Bosnian conflict. You can see the contrast between the old and new roof tiles.

DonFan
07-10-2008, 08:23 AM
Beautiful pictures, GEF!

Mrs Henley
07-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Aw, thanks for the nice comments and the welcome back! I am lucky to have a great camera, a Canon EOS (Rebel in the US). It's hard not to take good pictures with it. :)

I've got the same one, it's really an amazing camera!

Mrs Henley
10-15-2008, 03:04 PM
Something new!
Sorry if this kind of topic already exist, but I couldn't find anything so I thought, let make a new one!
The meaning of it:
You're allowed to post any picture you want (except from the Eagles), so maybe a pic from yourself or something of your vacation or whatever!

:)

And I will be the first one to upload a photo:
Just a little impression about who I am :lol:

Left - my best friend Sanne & right - that's me
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/mrshenley08/IMG038.jpg
Picture made in the train :angel:

sodascouts
10-15-2008, 03:09 PM
That's a very nice photo, MH! Did Sanne go with you to the Eagles concert where you gave Don and Glenn roses?

Mrs Henley
10-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks Soda!
No she couldn't go that day (it was her birthday), she wish she was there.

And at the Eagles:
Me in the freezing cold, with the roses:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3277/2454130445_b72402eb0c.jpg?v=0

And Stephanie and me, a couple of hours before the doors went open, those freezing cold!
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/mrshenley08/l_f6298ac9b53243ea2be35c832804df57.jpg

EagleLady
10-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Very Nice , You're a very pretty girl MH

Mrs Henley
10-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Haha, thanks!

EagleLady
10-15-2008, 03:23 PM
Your very welcome :)

Mrs Henley
10-15-2008, 03:25 PM
:) actually I don't like pics of myself :lol:

EagleLady
10-15-2008, 03:26 PM
:lol: I don't either.

Mrs Henley
10-15-2008, 03:29 PM
But hey for this time it's possible :lol:

EagleLady
10-15-2008, 03:30 PM
:lol:

Mrs Henley
10-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Stephanie and me.. a little crazy, strange or weird, whatever you want :lol:
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/mrshenley08/Stephanie%20and%20Danielle/141239.jpg
Yeah well, I'm not that kind of innocent as what people see :lol:

Orange Love :heart: :
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/mrshenley08/Stephanie%20and%20Danielle/141519.jpg

Tabloids love :lol: :
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/mrshenley08/Stephanie%20and%20Danielle/142553.jpg

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/mrshenley08/Stephanie%20and%20Danielle/144224.jpg
We're eating Glennn :rofl:
(oh and for the record, he tasted to paper!)

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/mrshenley08/Stephanie%20and%20Danielle/141428.jpg

Mrs Henley
10-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Good that was enough of us :lol:

Troubadour
10-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Aww, great photos MH! It's nice to put a name to a face. The one of you munching on Glenn is hilarious!

Edit: Pics deleted because I'm a wimp!

Mrs Henley
10-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Thanks Troub! Yes indeed, we can think and image own faces but it's usally different than the real face.

Nice pictures Troub! :mrgreen:

ticky
10-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Danielle and Trou! what great pics and what pretty ladies you both are (Steph too!) IF (big if) I ever find a picture of me I dont HATE, I might post it *G* Altho I really do plan on doing a vid for Joe's bday so go figure! It's gonna have to wait till I get my hair back to its right color (notice how I did NOT say natural color) Im sure God meant for me to be a blond, he just forgot.

Mrs Henley
10-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks Ticky! :)
Take it easy, we will see your vid (I hope you will post it here) and than we also see you :)
yeah, I hope you get your good hair color soon back!

And now I'm going!
(Stephanie, sorry I needed to know if anyone had replied :lol:)

Troubadour
10-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Thanks, ticky. I'm sure you look beautiful, blonde or not! (That part made me chuckle though... Nature doesn't always get it right, huh?)

I may take my photos down soon-ish. I'm such a wimp! I can't think of one person I know who would venture on to an Eagles message board, but y'know...

I forgot to say, MH - I love the orange hat :pimp:

Glennsallnighter
10-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Danielle and Stephanie, I think I've seen some of these on Myspace. They are lovely and both of you photograph very well. I too love the one of you both 'eating Glenn :heart: Troub, you look stunning. I'll get around to putting up a few soon as well.

Stephanie
10-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Oh gosh I look terrible at the last picture :woah: Why did you posted that one MH? :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/StevieNicksFan/101508140245.jpg
Me and Ashley : This picture was taking with my mobile phone after college today.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/StevieNicksFan/19082798.jpg
My webcam shot from earlier this week.

Glennsallnighter
10-15-2008, 05:59 PM
They are lovely Stephanie! Are you tall? Have you ever tried modelling?

Stephanie
10-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Thanks GA! Yes I'm very tall almost 5'11". I never tried modelling maybe I will do it someday. One of my best friends is a model and I know the model industry is very hard.

Mrs Henley
10-16-2008, 05:15 AM
Hey Stephanie, you wanted to post that last one!

Love those one of you and Ashley! :)

Yes, the model industry is hard.. but you can do it :)

Oooh I forget this one:
Rianne and me, August this year :hilarious:
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/mrshenley08/342830978_5_7LNY.jpg

Stephanie
10-16-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm sorry!
I didn’t remember that! I’ve send you so many pictures
yesterday. Thanks girl!

Nice picture of you and Rianne! You looking really crazy! 8)

I will post some more pictures soon!

thelongrun
10-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Wow what a bunch of real good lookin' ladies! Shame I'm married (Wink):thumbsup:

Mrs Henley
10-17-2008, 03:08 AM
Stephanie, it's ok! It's funny! :)
Thanks, I'm crazy (I think you already knew that :lol:)

TLR, what a shame! :lol: ;)

Mrs Henley
10-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Come on folks! :)

Mrs Henley
10-20-2008, 05:00 PM
And this is my city sign (it's a terrible city, but if you ever visit the Netherlands, please come to the Province of Groningen :lol:)

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/mrshenley08/IMG_2194-1.jpg

Freypower
10-20-2008, 10:47 PM
MH, I assume you are aware that Chris Mostert comes from Groningen?

Mrs Henley
10-21-2008, 05:58 AM
Yep I do, sad enough I don't know him personally.

(love it when Glenn's saying "Gruningen" :lol:)

Prettymaid
10-21-2008, 06:19 PM
And this is my city sign (it's a terrible city, but if you ever visit the Netherlands, please come to the Province of Groningen :lol:)

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/mrshenley08/IMG_2194-1.jpg

Oh well, Mrs H, you winsum you lose some...( get it? you win some you lose some? Oh , I crack myself up...)

TimothyBFan
10-21-2008, 06:44 PM
:rofl: You crack me up also!

Mrs Henley
10-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Got it PM! :lol:

fred
10-25-2008, 07:19 AM
Great Pictures from you,You look so good. 8-)

Oh gosh I look terrible at the last picture :woah: Why did you posted that one MH? :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/StevieNicksFan/101508140245.jpg
Me and Ashley : This picture was taking with my mobile phone after college today.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/StevieNicksFan/19082798.jpg
My webcam shot from earlier this week.

fred
10-25-2008, 08:01 AM
makker my golden retriever in Christmas time
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq157/fred62_album/makker8.jpg

This is me
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq157/fred62_album/01freddie.jpg

The Eagels live in Rotterdam
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq157/fred62_album/eagles_149362a.jpg

ticky
10-25-2008, 09:14 AM
Hey Fred,
Makker is too cute in his Santa hat! I have a golden too and a similar picture! I'll have to post it sometime. Great Pics!

Mrs Henley
10-26-2008, 07:04 AM
Awh fred, how sweet is Makker! :)

fred
11-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Thanks mrs Henley! Yes he’s very sweet and nice to see. I will show some pictures from my other dog soon!

Ticky, Thanks for your reply. I hope to see a picture of your dog soon!

Mrs Henley
11-10-2008, 10:56 AM
I will post after Christmas a picture of my lovely doggie girlfriend Mrs. Walsh!

Prettymaid
11-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Great Mrs H - don't forget to post it the Petmania thread, also!

Mrs Henley
11-10-2008, 11:18 AM
I won't PM!

fred
11-13-2008, 01:00 PM
http://http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq157/fred62_album/DSC00040.jpg

So here is the photo from my other dog.
His name is Baloe and he is a mix between Flatcoated and an Golden Retriever.So you can see he´s like swimming

Prettymaid
11-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks for posting that pic of Baloe, Fred - he's beautiful!

Brooke
11-13-2008, 02:42 PM
He's a cutie!

fred
11-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Thank You Both, Yes he is a :yay::yay: nice dog, Friendley and very kind.

Stephanie
11-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Cute picture of Baloe, I've seen that one before at Hyves! :)

fred
11-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Yes, right Stephanie,You saw that before and so many more:hilarious:
Thank you for the reaction.

Mrs Henley
11-23-2008, 07:36 AM
Awh Baloe is a cutie! Thanks for sharing your lovely dog Fred!

fred
11-24-2008, 02:33 PM
No thanks, Is always nice to see animals from other people. I Loved all the pictures from anyone.:nahnah:

thelongrun
11-24-2008, 07:13 PM
I just learned to up load sometn', and that's me 25 Years ago! God!:brickwall:

Mrs Henley
11-25-2008, 04:30 AM
TLR, Good ol' photos ;)

I found this picture yesterday .. it's from last year on high school..

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/mrshenley08/156086782_6_RLMI.jpg

I'm the 3th person from left, lol

Glennsallnighter
11-25-2008, 07:25 AM
I knew you were before I read your comment underneath Danielle!

You all look like you are ready to take on the world! And I hope you all do.

Take what life throws at you on the chin and bounce back!

That picture also puts me in mind of another group of young Wannabees (or desperados!) and look how far they have gone!

Mrs Henley
11-25-2008, 08:01 AM
Awh thanks Lisa! :)

thelongrun
11-25-2008, 02:06 PM
TLR, Good ol' photos ;)

I found this picture yesterday .. it's from last year on high school..

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/mrshenley08/156086782_6_RLMI.jpg

I'm the 3th person from left, lol

Thanks Sra. Henley, but is not an Old photo, is an Old guy:partytime: LOL
Back in the Days of my Military Service...:hmm:

Ah, ans that's a nice picture too by the way...

Mrs Henley
11-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Hahaha, I do not believe that ;)

Thanks

Midnight_Flyer
12-07-2008, 10:17 AM
this is me

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w56/Midnight_Flyer_2007/menewhair.jpg

TimothyBFan
12-07-2008, 04:45 PM
MF---- Love your avatar and sig pic. I posted a reply to you in weather topic about the new GNR cd? What's your opinion?

hickfromhell
12-07-2008, 07:47 PM
I have to post a picture of my son! he is not actually my son...but he basically is. I was never able to have a dog growing up. so once I got out on my own...I got my favorite dog in the world...and english bulldog! here is my child, Sluggo:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=332909552&albumID=542603&imageID=10198268

ticky
12-07-2008, 08:07 PM
*G* HfH - he's adorable!

Midnight_Flyer
12-07-2008, 09:38 PM
What's your opinion?

i haven't heard it yet lol, but hope to soon:)

wsccg
12-07-2008, 10:36 PM
Great pictures everyone! Here's some pics of my "family": the first is of my two current "kids", the second is of my niece checking out one of my guitars and the third is of my dog that had to be put down 2 years ago :( .
scooby and lucy

banjo

lydia and the strat

Mrs Henley
12-08-2008, 07:07 AM
Aaah I love all those photo's!

This is my new 'pet'
Actually is just a pluche animal, but it's my new pet!

I named him Joe, a 'tribute' to Mr Walsh :lol:

You just see his face, but OK lol

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/mrshenley08/Foto71.jpg

TimothyBFan
12-08-2008, 09:19 AM
HfH--I LOVE Sluggo!!! He made me smile this gloomy Monday morning! :) He is adorable--what a face?

hickfromhell
12-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Thank you! How do you think i feel?1 I get to wake up to that rediculous dog everyday! His personality is even more amazing than his looks. His teeth dont show until he starts begging for something....he gives high 5's and he loves wearing his hoodie around. Actually...my girlfriend got him a batman shirt that has a cape...and when you put it on him...he runs around fighting crime...and then he gets mad when you try to take it off...and then you get it off and he gets sad and mopes around! haha.

ticky
12-08-2008, 11:22 AM
hfh hehehehehe too cute.. I had a cat once who was wild as hell.. but you put him in a baby sleeper.. the kind with the drop seat.. and he'd purr and fall asleep.. he LOVED it! he'd bite me when I tried to take it off. There was nothing funnier then watching him walk around in it tho

Mrs Henley
01-02-2009, 04:58 PM
New Pics!

Me with Joeytubby (special for Rhonda!)
(Timmytubby is coming soon Rhonda!)
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/mrshenley08/Stephanie%20and%20Danielle/123008131552.jpg

And Stephanie sleeping with Glenn above her bed..
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/mrshenley08/Stephanie%20and%20Danielle/122808234732.jpg

EagleLady
01-02-2009, 05:01 PM
:lol: Glenn is watching over Steph

Mrs Henley
01-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Oh yes he did!

EagleLady
01-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Don't have a pic, but I named my fur real friends Kitten Don after you know who ;)

Mrs Henley
01-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Hahaha, great one! I told my mom today that if I ever take a rabbit again or a bird I will call him Joe, I don't know why but I think because Joe could be crazy and he can sing. My rabbit are always crazy :lol:

EagleLady
01-02-2009, 05:13 PM
:rofl: That's a great idea!

Mrs Henley
01-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Or I can call the bird Elisa :rofl: :lol:

EagleLady
01-02-2009, 05:18 PM
:rofl:

Mrs Henley
01-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Oh and this is .......
TIMMYTUBBY!
with Timothy, do they look?

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/mrshenley08/308768892_5_r9fp.jpg

EagleLady
01-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Cute!

Mrs Henley
01-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Yep!

ticky
01-02-2009, 05:51 PM
I can see the hair resemblance in Timmy... except for the dreads look. *G*

Mrs Henley
01-02-2009, 06:02 PM
I can see the hair resemblance in Timmy... except for the dreads look. *G*

Yeah, well the dreads where just temporary.

TimothyBFan
01-16-2009, 09:49 AM
SHH-Don't tell my daughter that I did this... but here is a picture of Katie and her friend before they left for the Mistletoe Ball.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/KatieShawn.jpg

Stars
01-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Nice photo, TBF! They both look quite festive in red too! And I won't tell your daughter you posted that!:shh:

Brooke
01-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Mum's the word, TBF. Very cute picture! Thanks for sharing!

ticky
01-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Awe Willie! she's beautiful! *G* they look great *G* Did they have a good time?

sodascouts
01-16-2009, 06:46 PM
:: picks up phone to call Katie ::

;)

Nice photo!

Prettymaid
01-16-2009, 07:02 PM
I won't tell either,Willie. But I can see why you're so proud - she's a cutie!

01-16-2009, 07:07 PM
She is, indeed, a cutie. And a girl can't fault a proud mama for wantin' to show her off, now can she!

fred
01-18-2009, 09:23 AM
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq157/fred62_album/makker.jpg

This dog will be died in a few months, He has cancer and we hope that he will lived a long time.:headshake:
Butt er is no hope .

Yesterday He died, Rest in Peace Makker.We will miss you.

sodascouts
01-18-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, Fred. :(

Stars
01-18-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm sorry too, Fred. We had a cat that died of cancer -they did all they could for him, but it was his time to go. Please accept my condolences.

eaglesvet
01-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Fred, unfortunately, Golden Retrievers are one of the breeds most prone to cancer. Just keep him happy and be sure to enjoy him for the time he has remaining. He sure looks like a great dog!

fred
01-20-2009, 01:51 PM
I thank You all for the nice words, Yes he is a very kind dog. I will missed him when he is gone.

ticky
02-01-2009, 01:07 PM
My cousin just sent this to me. I hadn't seen it before. It's about 3 years old but I love it (I think Sarah had been eating spagettios) I know the date from the camera says 98, but that's wrong. Sarah was born in '03 and she's 2 in this picture.
https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=319

02-01-2009, 01:13 PM
That is adorable, ticky!

Brooke
02-01-2009, 08:50 PM
I second that ticky! What a sweetie!

Prettymaid
02-02-2009, 09:20 AM
She a cutie-pa-tootie!

Stars
02-02-2009, 10:17 AM
What a sweet picture, Ticky! How is she related to you?

ticky
02-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Stars, that's my daughter and husband *G*

Troubadour
02-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Gorgeous photo, ticky! I actually saw that you had posted in on MySpace before I saw it here, and meant to comment on it. Sarah is adorable.

Prettymaid
02-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Stars, that's my daughter and husband *G*

That's the infamous Cliffy?

ticky
02-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Thats Spiffy Cliffy *G*

AzEaglesFan
02-04-2009, 01:08 AM
Ticky, I love your avatar, you are such a talented lady.:thumbsup:

ticky
02-04-2009, 01:14 AM
Thanks!! but I didnt make it. *G* Stephanie is the extremely talented lady this time! She made me THREE!! and I plan on trading them off, but this one is my favorite *G*

THANKS STEPHANIE!!!!

TimothyBFan
02-04-2009, 08:29 AM
I think we need to get Stephanie on this then and start adding them to the avatar topics for each of the guys! (Hint Hint! :thumbsup:)

Lisa
02-04-2009, 07:24 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/apcl0w.jpg

Prettymaid
02-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Welcome Lisa. I hope you enjoy yourself here as much as I do!

Brooke
02-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Nice photo Lisa. Welcome!

Mrs Henley
02-06-2009, 07:27 AM
great photo.

chantal and me. (january this year)
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v644/13/86/1116647060/n1116647060_30300307_7435.jpg

sanne and me. (march last year)
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1935/13/86/1116647060/n1116647060_30260613_8118.jpg

ticky
02-06-2009, 03:44 PM
VERY cute pics Danielle *G* I like your hair better now *G*

Here's some pictures I took with my phone of our newest family member and the one behind all the kitty testosterone being thrown around the house.. so to speak
http://tickypages.com/picturebin/yoko1.jpg

http://tickypages.com/picturebin/yoko2.jpg

Her name is Yoko, Jenni Named her.

Troubadour
02-07-2009, 06:31 PM
http://tickypages.com/picturebin/yoko2.jpg

She's gorgeous! But I'm worried all the Eagley goings-on in your house are influencing Yoko... She's almost perfected the "one photo too many" face.

Why oh why don't we have a 'Caption This Cat' thread?

Stars
02-08-2009, 02:03 AM
Here's a birthday photo of me with my kind hubby Mike and sweet son Andy!:)
Andy is holding the lovely flowers he surprised me with on my birthday!:thumbsup:

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt143/cjd19805/starsnfam.jpg

Mrs Henley
02-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Thanks Rhonda! Yeah me too! LOL. I'm thinking now to do black with pink in my hair (just a little bit pink).. it's already black so I just need the black! Yeah!

OMGSH I (L) Yoko! So cute!

Stars, great picture!

TimothyBFan
02-08-2009, 12:26 PM
You look so happy there Carla!! Love your shirt BTW!!

ticky
02-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Carla, *G* your son looks suspiciously like a young Glenn, Are you sure you didnt happen to meet Mr. Frey say.. oh.. 20 or 25 years ago? *G* JK He's a very handsome young man, and I LOVE your T-shirt. *G* You look very happy there *G*

Stars
02-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Ticky, you got me laughing so hard, my cough started from my bronchitis, and I nearly couldn't stop!:hilarious::hilarious:
I never actually noticed my son's resemblance to a young Glenn before, but now that I look at him...mmmm...I wonder if I could have met Glenn 25 years ago, and just don't remember??;)

eaglesvet
02-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Although Ticky is spot on regarding Andy's resemblance to young Glenn...listen to yourself, Stars!! NOT REMEMBER?!?!

OK, now I have to figure out how to get some pix of me and my family and pets up here pretty darn soon, I guess, huh?

eaglesvet
02-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Here's my first ever attempt to post a photo anywhere! Hope it works!This is a pix of Ethan (12 1/2 y.o.), Graham (9 1/2 y.o.), and me on vacation last August on Bar Harbor Island off the coast of Maine. It's the home of Acadia National Park. Beautiful place, highly recommend it!

eaglesvet
02-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Wow, it worked! Now, I hope to be on a roll! The next one will be Ethan and Graham on the top of Cadillac Mountain, within Acadia National Park. It's the highest point on the Atlantic coast.

eaglesvet
02-08-2009, 07:24 PM
OK, this is the last one here. This was the first year that Ethan wouldn't sit in the annual picture with Santa (not surprisingly, since he is in 7th grade!) At least he was a good sport about it in the last couple of years, though... Anyway, when I brought Graham (who I'm sure as a 4th grader doesn't believe in Santa, but still wanted to put in a few good words)---the elf asked if I wanted to be in the picture. I thought about it for a millisecond or two, and decided why not? It's probably the last Santa picture I'll get with anyone in my family from here on in!!

Stars
02-08-2009, 07:40 PM
EV, those pics are really cute! Glad you decided to pose with Santa too!:thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
02-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Carla, *G* your son looks suspiciously like a young Glenn, Are you sure you didnt happen to meet Mr. Frey say.. oh.. 20 or 25 years ago? *G* JK He's a very handsome young man, and I LOVE your T-shirt. *G* You look very happy there *G*

At a 'Third Encore?'

ticky
02-08-2009, 08:04 PM
ONLY she would know! Whadaya say Stars? *G* Were you a 3E girl? *G*

Brooke
02-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Great pic Stars. Your son is adorable and I must agree, he looks much like young Glenn! :drool:

And ev, of course your sons are cute too! Great pics and well done! :applause:

ticky
02-14-2009, 04:22 PM
OK, the Eaglechick aka Stephanie and Danielle had a live chat, Yours truely was witness and here are some of their finer moments *G*

This is Danielle when I told her I would be sending these to Don.
http://tickypages.com/eaglechicks/eaglechics09.jpg

Danielle got hungry so she ate her hairspray
http://tickypages.com/eaglechicks/eaglechics20.jpg

she thought about eating Chris...
http://tickypages.com/eaglechicks/eaglechics14.jpg

but Stephanie said "NO WAY!"
http://tickypages.com/eaglechicks/eaglechics11.jpg

So Danielle put on a burka and hid
http://tickypages.com/eaglechicks/eaglechics13.jpg

thanks girls, was fun!!

Mrs Henley
02-14-2009, 04:25 PM
*Eagles Chicks are laying on the ground of laughing*

OMG Rhonda, we love them! Great chapters also! You almost can make a full story of it, lol

Thank you so much!!!!
You're awesome girly! :hilarious:

EagleLady
02-14-2009, 04:31 PM
:rofl: OMG Rhonda too funny!

Mrs Henley
02-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Yeah Rhonda is great with captions!

Brooke
07-25-2009, 02:07 PM
Well, he isn't a pet, so thought I'd put this here:

My wren house has a new resident!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Outdoors/IMG_0012.jpg

He looks so comfy! :lol:

Prettymaid
07-25-2009, 02:10 PM
That is hilarious Brooke! How did you spot him?

MikeA
07-25-2009, 03:33 PM
My wife had me shoot this one this morning.

Ohhhh! WAY TOO BIG! This one is a little more reasonable.

Brooke
07-26-2009, 09:52 PM
That is hilarious Brooke! How did you spot him?

I just happened to look out the kitchen window and thought it was a wren peeking out, but upon closer inspection, I realized it was a tree frog!

I had the same thing happen a couple years ago in another bird house!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Extras/IMG_0208.jpg

It seems the frogs like the houses better than the birds!

And Mike, beautiful flower! :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
07-27-2009, 05:30 AM
Awwww! All so cute. My son loves frogs.

anne-o-gg
07-27-2009, 12:04 PM
lol on your little bir...I mean froggie Brooke! He does look quite at home!

Mike, what kind of flower is that? It's beautiful!

MikeA
07-27-2009, 12:16 PM
lol on your little bir...I mean froggie Brooke! He does look quite at home!

Mike, what kind of flower is that? It's beautiful!

It is a "Hibiscus". Verna has pink ones, deep red ones and white ones growing. They are HUGE. The one pictured measured something like 9" across and we've had larger ones.

anne-o-gg
07-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Good grief - I don't think I've ever actually seen one (that I'm aware of)...so pretty!!

Brooke
12-31-2009, 12:08 PM
I enjoy feeding and watching the birds in winter, but I guess I'm going to have to quit. The deer have discovered my bird feeder and are coming to it regularly day and night and it's beginning to cost too much! A few weeks ago, after filling the feeder I noticed that it was going pretty fast. I began to suspect that deer were the culprits, so my husband installed his "deer camera" which he uses when deer hunting, on our front porch post. Lo and behold, when we looked at the pictures the next day, they were caught in the act!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Extras/GetAttachmentaspx1.jpg

This is about 15-20 feet from our front door!

I decided to take the feeder down each day at dusk and put it back up in the mornings before work. The other night we were getting ready to go somewhere and I glanced out the front window. I quickly got my camera and stealthily crept up to the window to try to get a picture.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Extras/Deerday.jpg

They are nearly tame and there are different ones coming at all times day and night! They are trampling the yard around the feeder. My husband only "trophy hunts" for deer and we don't care to eat it or I would suggest the obvious. Any suggestions?

12-31-2009, 02:46 PM
Brooke, that reminds me of my sister's house. She also lives in a rural area and has these kind of daily visitors just like you. She actually buys special 'deer' food and sets it out for them though. She puts it at the back edge of her yard so it helps steer them away and keep them from messing up the lawn too much. I can't remember what food she buys - I wanna say it's some kind of corn that they like, but I'm not sure. I'll have to remember to ask her.

Brooke
12-31-2009, 03:28 PM
My husband has put out a 'deer feeder' not too far away in the field hoping to lure them away from the yard. So far, they like mine better! :rolleyes:

Troubadour
12-31-2009, 04:04 PM
Amazing pictures, Brooke! I love the 'caught in the act' one.

This is my two-year-old cousin, Beatrice, at knight-time (boom boom!) on Christmas Day. Her brother, Morgan, got this helmet as a present, but Bea loved it so much that she wore it most of the evening and kept flipping the visor up and down, playing peekaboo. I thought it was too cute!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/beaknight.jpg

Freypower
12-31-2009, 08:09 PM
My wife had me shoot this one this morning.

Ohhhh! WAY TOO BIG! This one is a little more reasonable.

We have hibiscus down here - they are beautiful flowers.

Those photos of deer made me realise how far away and how different the Northern Hemisphere is. If I tried to take photos of our native birds like galahs, cockatoos, rainbow lorikeets, I suppose the rest of you might find them exotic. We have a lot of them around here.

Glennsallnighter
01-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah, we probably would FP! Why don't you give us a few anyway?

Lou, your neice is adorable. Very cute altogether.

Brooke
03-08-2010, 05:33 PM
FINALLY got my Cancun pics!

We had a great time, but it was cloudy and a bit cool most of the time. Of course, the sun came out in full force the day we left!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Family/232323232fp43453_nu3345_56__95_2436.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Family/232323232fp432_nu3345_56__87_243656.jpg

Prettymaid
03-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Absolutely beautiful Brooke!

Glennsallnighter
03-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Oh Brooke, that beach looks heavenly. Beautiful pic.

sodascouts
03-10-2010, 01:38 AM
Thanks for posting those. Wish I were there right now!

Koala
03-10-2010, 02:30 AM
Brooke, great pics, the beach looks beautiful!

TimothyBFan
03-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Overcast or not---it looks beautiful!

03-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Brooke - that really does look like paradise doesn't it. I would have been totally jealous if that had not been the same time that I was in L.A. :wink: Glad you had such a good time!

Koala
05-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Today we were in the zoo.On the way we passed many canola fields!
I find it looks always very nice when the canola blossoms.

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/All%20Stuff/Rapsblte.jpg?t=1288281542

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/All%20Stuff/Rapsfeld1.jpg?t=1288281542

TimothyBFan
05-23-2010, 01:04 PM
WOW Koala---Those are BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks for sharing those pictures!!

tequila girl
05-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Fabulous photo's Koala - we call that stuff "Rapeseed" here in the UK, interesting to hear what its called elsewhere! :thumbsup:

ticky
05-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Around here that's "Wow! that so beauti..ahh.. ahh... AHHH... CHOOO!.. ful..."
*G* it really is a beautiful scene, Koala. Im just terribly allergic to Forsythia and scotch broom, which looks a lot like that.

Prettymaid
05-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Beautiful Koala! Love the field of yellow against the blue water!

Troubadour
05-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Stunning pictures!

Stars
05-23-2010, 11:50 PM
Beautiful, Koala! Thanks for posting!:thumbsup:

Koala
05-24-2010, 02:12 AM
Im just terribly allergic to Forsythia and scotch broom, which looks a lot like that.
I have an allergy to blossoming canola, I get of it always bad headaches.

Koala
05-24-2010, 03:10 AM
Another pic from my trip yesterday

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/All%20Stuff/zoo037.jpg?t=1288281363

Prettymaid
05-24-2010, 07:43 AM
That is hilarious! An upside-down house!

ticky
05-24-2010, 09:54 AM
I think the builder just had the plans upside down. Like, when Im baking a cake and the recipe is upside down? It's okay if it's a pineapple cake, but it can get pretty messy otherwise.

Brooke
05-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Today we were in the zoo.On the way we passed many canola fields!
I find it looks always very nice when the canola blossoms.

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/Rapsblte.jpg?t=1274633433

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/Rapsfeld1.jpg?t=1274633454

Had to bring these forward......beautiful!

As for that house.....is that for real? :shock:

05-24-2010, 11:24 AM
That house is just funny. When I first saw it, I didn't notice the upside down architecture - I just thought "what an odd looking house". :grin:

And those pictures of the flowers are really beautiful.

Koala
05-24-2010, 11:44 AM
The House at in the zoo, in wiche I was yesterday. It‚s called "THE MAD HOUSE" ! It was built like a normal wooden house in pier and panel contruction.
And than the house turned upside down by two heavy-duty cranes.
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/All%20Stuff/themadhouse.jpg?t=1288281363

All fitments (e.g., bath, toilet or piece of furniture) are attached to the upper end of the room and stand on your head also. You can visit it also from the inside, but unfortunately, we had no more time, but I think with our next visit I will have a look at it from the inside!
here (http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http://www.schau-mal.com/images/p157_1_06.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.schau-mal.com/das-verrueckte-haus.html&usg=__-ru1NxFLc0E0U8RcAzREskGghLU=&h=334&w=203&sz=17&hl=de&start=13&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=OhUU_nk1THkapM:&tbnh=119&tbnw=72&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddas%2Bverr%25C3%25BCckte%2Bhaus%2Bget torf%26um%3D1%26hl%3Dde%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1T4GGLJ_d e___DE324%26tbs%3Disch:1) can you see photos from the inside of the house.

Brooke
05-24-2010, 01:44 PM
I guess some people have money to blow. Now that's just dumb! :hand:

sodascouts
05-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Well, it's a display at a zoo(?) so live-ability isn't really an issue! I imagine it was just something designed to be fun attraction for guests.

Koala
05-25-2010, 01:29 AM
I imagine it was just something designed to be fun attraction for guests.
:nod:Yes, this is right! This is really the only reason why this house stands upside down.

EaglesFanatic
08-22-2010, 01:31 AM
Just thought I'd share this. It was a beautiful sunset one night. This pic was taken outside my house.

Koala
08-22-2010, 02:27 AM
The photo is great!:thumbsup:

EaglesFanatic
08-22-2010, 12:45 PM
Thanks Koala! :)