PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia, PA - 7/16/13

NYC Fan
07-17-2013, 09:16 AM
Apologies in advance for any typos/inaccuracies. It was a late night getting back to NY, but I wanted to write this all down before i forget it completely...

I’m not sure where to start, except by saying if this sounds way too fangirl-y, my apologies. I am still pretty overwhelmed by the show last night, particularly the first hour, so this may be a bit of LONG stream of consciousness, overtired ravings. :)

I had not seen the guys since 1996 for a variety of reasons, so I was beyond excited to see this show. I was a little concerned that I was so excited for it because I turned 50 this year and maybe this was some sort of “recapture my youth” experience, and that I was setting myself up for a bit of a disappointment.

The minute Don and Glenn walked out and sat down to sing, I knew this was my dream Eagles concert. Glenn on a stool, Don on a road box, singing Saturday Night. Don’s voice (to me) does not seem to have diminished one bit over the years. It has a different tone, but is still so crisp and clear, it just gave me chills. Glenn added some lovely harmonies and I just could not believe I was getting to experience this total and complete awesomeness. The way the stage was set up, with some amps and road boxes seemingly casually strewn around for them to sit on, and the drum kit in the corner and those fabulous mood lights really did make you feel like you were peeking in on a band just sitting around practicing some songs. It was a stunning effect.

Glenn told the story about Linda telling them about Bernie and then Bernie casually strolled out. I know you all can relate to how emotional that was. I never, ever thought I’d get to see Bernie sing those songs or play with them, and yet there he was... Big grin, playing and singing like no time had passed. It was beautiful. I love Train Leaves Here this Morning and once again, the harmonies were perfect.

Timothy came out next and looked great in a red shirt. Really happy and healthy looking. They sang a beautiful stripped down version of PEF that was so simple and true to its roots. Bernie had some nice guitar. Chills again hearing him play those parts. Glenn’s voice sounded great. It’s still a perfect song for his range and he nailed it.

Thankfully at this point people were getting settled. The only issue I had with the beginning of the show was that, because it started right at 8, people were still getting seated during the first part of the show. It was pretty distracting and drove me a little crazy, but I get that if you didn’t know the timing and format of the show, that you would never think it was going to start on time.

Then out strolls Joe. Black t-shirt and jeans, and too cool for school. I have to say, I flipping LOVE Joe Walsh. He is so effortlessly cool. Laying down those guitar licks and really bringing the crowd into it. Not that they weren’t already, but just him walking on the stage sent a huge jolt of energy through the place. Witchy Woman was fantastic.

The Doolin’-Dalton, Tequila Sunrise, Doolin’ Dalton/Desperado reprise section was my idea of heaven on a stage. Desperado is one of my favorite albums of theirs and to hear this sequence was just a dream come true. The reprise was particularly soulful and poignant.

I could not even believe what I was seeing up on stage for this entire first part of the concert. Huge kudos to them for presenting this type of show for their long-time fans. I know from the reaction of some around us that the deeper cuts were a bit lost of them (chatterboxes during Doolin’ Dalton), but to fans like me it was just such a huge gift, and I am so very grateful and lucky to have gotten to experience it. It was just something that I will never forget (even with my horrible memory).

They then went into the fabulous early hits part of the show with a really fun version of Already Gone. I found some of the video that was used (during Those Shoes in particular) a little distracting, but I thought the Already Gone video was so fun. Glenn in my dream car (red Mustang convertible), tooling across the country. It got everyone up and dancing. BOML, LE, OOTN and TITTL were all perfect. Again, Don’s voice was just so clear and soulful on BOML. And the harmonies… I never cease to be amazed by what they are doing on that stage. It’s got to be so much hard work, but they make it look effortless. I have no idea how Don can still hit the high notes at the end of OOTN, but he does. Wow. Just wow. TITTL actually made me really emotional, thinking about Randy and hoping his health is ok. It was the perfect way to end the first part of the show. That first hour was a lovely and perfect summation of their early years.

I love the way the show was structured into the two parts and think they should consider doing some type of small venue filming of the first hour of the show. Maybe something like a Live at the Artist’s Den show. The intimacy of that part of the show is a bit lost in an arena. We had what I would consider really good seats and all I kept thinking was that I’d love to see this show in someplace like the Beacon or the Tower Theater. It would be perfection.

I’m really going on far too long, so I’ll try to wrap it up.

The second part of the show was just fun, fun, fun. All the hits. You know them, you love them, you have to stand up and dance. Heavy on the Joe songs, which suits me just fine. The women in front of us, who were awesome and having so much fun, turned around at one point and said “you like Joe, huh?” Um, yeah. :blush:

Timothy’s songs were lovely. I understand what some have said about him being a little restrained on ICTYW, but he sounded great. And LWKUA was even better. He sounds fine to me and I would have never known he has had any vocal issues. He is really charming and sweet and did a little intro bit as well, so he got some spotlight time, which was nice.

Bernie came back out for TIE and again, to hear him play those guitar parts and see them all on the stage was just dream concert type of stuff for me. It was fantastic.

And to end with Desperado was just the cherry on top of a big old chocolate ice cream sundae. My favorite song, my favorite Eagle. Perfection.

Sorry if this was waaaaaaay too long. I just can’t believe the show I got to see last night. It was such an emotional journey for my friends and me. For fans like everyone on this board, it is the perfect musical journey, led by the quintessential American band. How very, very lucky I was to be able to see it. If you can possibly swing it, please do. It was incredible.

prayfordaylight
07-17-2013, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the great review!

The WFC was posting lots of pics on their social media accounts:
http://www.facebook.com/wellsfargocenter
http://twitter.com/WellsFargoCtr
http://instagram.com/wellsfargocenter

TimothyBFan
07-17-2013, 09:36 AM
Awww.... that was a wonderful review!!! I could just feel how special this was to you. So glad you were able to experience it!!:thumbsup:

GlennLover
07-17-2013, 10:13 AM
NYCfan, your wonderful review has gotten me even more excited about seeing them in November!

desperado
07-17-2013, 10:29 AM
Great review NYCFan! glad you enjoyed! can't wait for next week!

Topkat
07-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the great review NYC Fan...So glad you had such a great time!

Witchy Woman
07-17-2013, 11:54 AM
You pretty much summed it up perfectly, NYCF !! It was a wonderful night !! Because my friend and I are jerks we took some pics. I will try to upload them later. And prayfordaylight, you will be pleased to know I very happily put a bucket of crab fries out of their misery !!

prayfordaylight
07-17-2013, 12:02 PM
You pretty much summed it up perfectly, NYCF !! It was a wonderful night !! Because my friend and I are jerks we took some pics. I will try to upload them later. And prayfordaylight, you will be pleased to know I very happily put a bucket of crab fries out of their misery !!

Crab fries are (deliciously) evil and therefore must be punished ;)

Troubadour
07-17-2013, 12:16 PM
What a fantastic, detailed review, NYC Fan - thank you so much! I can feel how much it meant to you to be there.

prayfordaylight
07-17-2013, 04:52 PM
Storify for the Philly show: http://storify.com/eaglesfans/eagles-in-philadelphia

Freypower
07-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the review, but did they play New Kid In Town?

Glennsallnighter
07-17-2013, 05:28 PM
Great review NYCF! And I'm glad it was everything you wanted it to be!

I really cannot wait to see this show in November.

Tiffanny Twisted
07-17-2013, 05:43 PM
thank you nycf and ww for the reviews of the boys at the wacovia center.
I really felt like I was there.
thanks for taking the time.
I have been having issues finding a review of the concert from the papers.

thanks gals:thumbsup:

oh yeah and how was th e souviner table??

MaryCalifornia
07-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the great review!

The WFC was posting lots of pics on their social media accounts:
http://www.facebook.com/wellsfargocenter
http://twitter.com/WellsFargoCtr
http://instagram.com/wellsfargocenter

A lady on the WFC facebook page describes how Security confiscated her cell phone!

prayfordaylight
07-17-2013, 05:49 PM
I have been having issues finding a review of the concert from the papers.

Can't find one in the Inquirer but this is from the Morning Call in Allentown: http://blogs.mcall.com/lehighvalleymusic/2013/07/review-the-eagles-create-musical-heaven-in-philly.html

Troubadour
07-17-2013, 05:49 PM
The tweet in the Storify link about Don looking like Santa made me laugh. I shall refrain from making any bad jokes about sitting on his knee or having him come down my chimney at midnight... I would, however, LOVE to see him in red. :nahnah:

TimothyBFan
07-17-2013, 06:03 PM
The tweet in the Storify link about Don looking like Santa made me laugh. I shall refrain from making any bad jokes about sitting on his knee or having him come down my chimney at midnight... I would, however, LOVE to see him in red. :nahnah:

Actually that statement just says it all, Troub. :hilarious:

Freypower
07-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Can't find one in the Inquirer but this is from the Morning Call in Allentown: http://blogs.mcall.com/lehighvalleymusic/2013/07/review-the-eagles-create-musical-heaven-in-philly.html

A couple of major mistakes there; Henley playing piano, Frey singing lead on Those Shoes, and no mention of NKIT.

ETA: Looked at the setlist in the other link. Thank goodness.

NYC Fan
07-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Thanks all! It was such a special evening. I said to my friends today that I'm still flying high, as it were :-)

I know I don't post much here, because I usually don't feel that I have too much to add to the conversations, but I know you can all relate to that amazing feeling of seeing such wonderful music live.

Anyway, FP; they did play NKIT and Glenn sounded great. I think it was the exact same setlist that they have been playing so far. And TT, the merch table was really good. I could have spent much more than I did, but I had to rush out of there to get the 12:13 AM Amtrak back to NYC. I'm sure I'll be making more purchases in November at MSG. I bought that nice grey t shirt that says Eagles 72, because it reminded me of a Route 66 sign, and I bought the Party Plane yellow sleeve baseball t shirt because it looks just like one I had made in high school that had a very funny picture of Joe on the front and we put Joe Walsh for President on the back. This was the Summer of 1980 (when Joe had his campaign going), and I wore it to see them in New Haven. So it reminded me of that shirt, and all of the fun memories of the Yale Bowl show. And of course, the program, which has several frameable pictures in it!

If I was really irresponsible, I'd head to Mohegan Sun tomorrow night, but I have to actually keep my job that supports my concert habit :-(

VAisForEagleLovers
07-17-2013, 06:27 PM
NYC great review!! I can't wait for the show in DC and Pittsburgh next week!!! Your review has really made me look forward to them even more.

TT I'LL see what merch I can find in DC. VIP gets 'hassle free' access. what do you want??

Witchy Woman
07-17-2013, 06:44 PM
oh yeah and how was the souviner table?

I was actually a little disappointed in the merch table. I always purchase my swag before the show, mostly out of concern that I may miss something good, like a city specific shirt. I thought I saw a Hell Freezes Over shirt in Soda's picture. I had already made up my mind I was going to get the black shirt with the band on the front, and I wanted to check out the HFO one, too. I did not see it there. Hopefully, they'll have it at MSG in November. Either way, I love my shirt and program.

Topkat
07-17-2013, 08:28 PM
Here's LWKUA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GXp7DOz_RT8#at=47

NYC Fan
07-17-2013, 08:33 PM
VA and Springbo-

Have an amazing time at your shows! Can't wait to read what you think.

NYC Fan
07-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Here's LWKUA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GXp7DOz_RT8#at=47

TK-

Thanks for posting this! I clicked on his name and he has a bunch of videos and they are great quality!

Topkat
07-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Yes, there are several more, good quality videos. They were on FB, I haven't seen them all yet!:thumbsup:

Prettymaid
07-17-2013, 09:38 PM
NYCF, you nailed it with your review.

mustangkim11
07-17-2013, 09:52 PM
NYCfan, your wonderful review has gotten me even more excited about seeing them in November!

Same here! It's reviews like this that get and keep me so excited! :partytime:

Ive always been a dreamer
07-17-2013, 10:12 PM
WW and NYCF - So glad that you all loved the show - but I kind of had a sneaky feeling that you would. :thumbsup: NYCF - I also loved your review. As others have said, your excitement definitely shines through in it. I love how contagious your enthusiasm is - makes me even more anxious to see the guys in D.C. next week. :partytime:

Tiffanny Twisted
07-17-2013, 10:14 PM
I was actually a little disappointed in the merch table. I always purchase my swag before the show, mostly out of concern that I may miss something good, like a city specific shirt. I thought I saw a Hell Freezes Over shirt in Soda's picture. I had already made up my mind I was going to get the black shirt with the band on the front, and I wanted to check out the HFO one, too. I did not see it there. Hopefully, they'll have it at MSG in November. Either way, I love my shirt and program.

did u notice if they had larger sizes or were they all "womens cuts"?
not to be blunt but I need room for the' girls" and Ihope they have a nice selection of styles that would cover

sodascouts
07-17-2013, 10:40 PM
Fantastic review NYCF! thank you! So glad you and WW had a good time.... But I knew you would!

Witchy Woman
07-18-2013, 12:27 AM
did u notice if they had larger sizes or were they all "womens cuts"?
not to be blunt but I need room for the' girls" and Ihope they have a nice selection of styles that would cover

LOL !!

They had plenty of 2XL shirts. I understand the need to have enough space for "The Girls" :hilarious:

Witchy Woman
07-18-2013, 12:37 AM
Here are some pics !!

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5596/ur74.jpg
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9061/p636.jpg
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/1713/77xx.jpg
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/2724/qxgw.jpg
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/7572/9qz9.jpg
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/899/nn9x.jpg

Tiffanny Twisted
07-18-2013, 06:16 AM
Patty
Thank you for the photos:thumbsup:

NYC Fan
07-18-2013, 08:28 AM
WW-

Great pictures, thanks! Glad you enjoyed the show!

Next time I need to try these crab fries. I've never heard of them, but they sound yummy...

Brooke
07-18-2013, 09:56 AM
NYCF and WW, I'm glad you guys had such a good time. Like everyone else here, I knew you would!

The minute Don and Glenn walked out and sat down to sing, I knew this was my dream Eagles concert. Glenn on a stool, Don on a road box, singing Saturday Night. Don’s voice (to me) does not seem to have diminished one bit over the years. It has a different tone, but is still so crisp and clear, it just gave me chills. Glenn added some lovely harmonies and I just could not believe I was getting to experience this total and complete awesomeness. The way the stage was set up, with some amps and road boxes seemingly casually strewn around for them to sit on, and the drum kit in the corner and those fabulous mood lights really did make you feel like you were peeking in on a band just sitting around practicing some songs. It was a stunning effect.

I could not even believe what I was seeing up on stage for this entire first part of the concert. Huge kudos to them for presenting this type of show for their long-time fans. I know from the reaction of some around us that the deeper cuts were a bit lost of them (chatterboxes during Doolin’ Dalton), but to fans like me it was just such a huge gift, and I am so very grateful and lucky to have gotten to experience it. It was just something that I will never forget (even with my horrible memory).

Sorry if this was waaaaaaay too long. I just can’t believe the show I got to see last night. It was such an emotional journey for my friends and me. For fans like everyone on this board, it is the perfect musical journey, led by the quintessential American band. How very, very lucky I was to be able to see it. If you can possibly swing it, please do. It was incredible.

Oh NYCF, these parts just nearly had me crying at my desk this morning! Your review is just absolutely amazing and never could it be too long! Thank you so much. :thumbsup:

I so hope they do not change anything before October. We know they tend to do this as the tour goes on. :fear:

Please, please, please guys, don't change anything at all. I need to see all of this in October! :pray: :pray: :pray:

07-18-2013, 11:03 AM
I totally agree, Brooke. I'm so crossing my fingers that nothing changes so that everyone going gets to see the full show in all of its glory!!!

Topkat
07-18-2013, 02:43 PM
It does look like Bernie is doing the full tour....at least for this leg anyway.
I guess we'll see about the fall dates, but so far looks like he's a permanent addition!:)

GlennLover
07-18-2013, 03:03 PM
A couple of major mistakes there; Henley playing piano, Frey singing lead on Those Shoes, and no mention of NKIT.

ETA: Looked at the setlist in the other link. Thank goodness.
Julie, did you see this? :heart: :sigh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pWMfVnzS4zU

Freypower
07-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Julie, did you see this? :heart: :sigh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pWMfVnzS4zU

Well, I have now.

:heart::blush::singer::faint:

It's times like that that make everything worthwhile. I liked the little flurry of drum fills Don did at the end. Is that restrained enough?!

Tiffanny Twisted
07-18-2013, 07:14 PM
:partytime::heart::dizzy::rockguitar::smokin::spin ::blueblob:i love it !!!!!!

Tiffanny Twisted
07-18-2013, 07:15 PM
LOL !!

They had plenty of 2XL shirts. I understand the need to have enough space for "The Girls" :hilarious:

ooh so good to know...a fellow border buddy is picking me up a shirt and I just said do the best you can I dontt hink whty willhave much choice in that size..lol but thanks patty i fell better now:hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
07-18-2013, 08:26 PM
Well, I have now.

:heart::blush::singer::faint:

It's times like that that make everything worthwhile. I liked the little flurry of drum fills Don did at the end. Is that restrained enough?!

I've just checked it out too!

:thud: Its just AMAZING!!!!!

Houston Baby
07-18-2013, 08:45 PM
I LOVE this!!!! OMG - I could watch this video over & over again!:heart::dizzy::rockguitar::heart:

07-18-2013, 10:18 PM
ITA - I can't say enough how glad I am that this song is back in the set list ... I absolutely LOVE it!!! :nod:

sodascouts
07-18-2013, 10:41 PM
Oh my gosh.... the quality of that video as well as the others he has...

:faint:

Salvatore, you are my hero.

THE EAGLES ROCK!!!

sodascouts
07-18-2013, 11:25 PM
Oh my gosh... Saturday Night... the hotness...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfdycx3u3Lo

Houston Baby
07-18-2013, 11:36 PM
Thanks for posting this Soda! They look like they are having so much fun!
It seems like Louisville was forever ago!

Freypower
07-18-2013, 11:51 PM
Good grief. That was awesome. I may have to do some screenshots of that & NKIT because the quality is so good.

sodascouts
07-19-2013, 12:01 AM
Please do! The guy has several videos (reposting this):

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVGqH6jhksOpjGsKYYF2GQ?feature=watch

And you can change your YouTube settings to see them in high def, which is even better!

EasyFeeling
07-19-2013, 05:25 AM
This guy is uploading the entire show! Can't wait to get home and download all. Does not happen often that you get videos in such good quality.

I had to take a screenshot, this is SO sweet :heart: Happy Birthday to Bernie :)

http://i42.tinypic.com/14ufasl.jpg

TimothyBFan
07-19-2013, 07:50 AM
OMG--NKIT was PERFECT!!!! Glenn nailed it!! It gave me chills listening to it. :thumbsup: So glad it's in the setlist and it just keeps getting better and better too, I think.

I say we take up a collection to send ol' Salvatore to every show to video them. He's done an awesome job here and can't want to go watch the rest of the videos.

TimothyBFan
07-19-2013, 08:43 AM
These are awesome!!! He's getting them uploaded this morning--Get them while you can.

LOVE this intro for this show--these guys were on fire this night.

Glenn's twirl when Timothy introduces him is funny. Love when he intros Don and says, "rollercoaster called those darned Eagles for 2 centuries. " :hilarious:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUiRpJm0rlw

Prettymaid
07-19-2013, 08:58 AM
I think Glenn did that twirl and that, "Yeow!" when Timothy introduced him in Louisville, too! (I'm getting my show confused with all of these videos!)

TimothyBFan
07-19-2013, 09:10 AM
ICTYW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adEWzXdR5I4http://

LWKUA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXp7DOz_RT8http://

TimothyBFan
07-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Here's a screen cap from ICTYW. Getting some more later. Just wanted to get started.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyICTYW5_zpsd6e383cf.png

Brooke
07-19-2013, 09:46 AM
Wow! Can't wait to get time to watch all these! Can we invite ol' Salvatore to The Border? :lol:

TimothyBFan
07-19-2013, 09:58 AM
Doolin Dalton Screen caps

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyDD_zps4885957e.png

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyDD2_zps0b14af09.png

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyDD3_zps54314edf.png

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyDD5_zpsb5d828ab.png

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyDD6_zps66a64d15.png

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyDD4_zps92f5deee.png

TimothyBFan
07-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Desperado screen caps

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyDesperado_zps83c75146.png

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyDesperado2_zps23687679.png

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyDesperado3_zpsce526f08.png

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyDesperado4_zps137313e1.png

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyDesperado5_zps1327cdc4.png

TimothyBFan
07-19-2013, 10:28 AM
Gonna need a couple post for just the screen caps I took of the bows. :hilarious:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyBows3_zps65f4ccfc.png

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HotETour2013PhillyBows5_zps4892126a.png

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyBows4_zps02d9a0e6.png

Had to get this one--took a couple of tries---Timothy tripping.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyBows6Timothytrip_zps1d5444ab.png

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyBows7_zpsda81dfaf.png

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyBows2_zps7a30f53d.png

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyBows_zps1aee1f9a.png

TimothyBFan
07-19-2013, 10:30 AM
The goodbyes Part 2

Don's kiss
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyBows8Donkiss1_zpsee30d414.png

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyBows8Donkiss_zps3dc6fcb8.png

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyBows9_zps7026f831.png

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyBows10_zpsad734434.png

Bernie throwing a pick
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyBows11Berniethrowingpick_zps16b1 1aa8.png

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyBows12_zps8022622e.png

TimothyBFan
07-19-2013, 10:51 AM
These are the last ones for now, I promise.

Train and right after Train

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyTrain_zps90ee5b3d.png

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyTrain2_zpsa2dcc353.png

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013PhillyTrainafter_zps5849fa68.png

I wish this was from the other angle so we could see Timothy's face.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013Phillyaftertrain_zps9a46ad99.png

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eagles%20HOtE%20tour/HOtETour2013Phillyaftertrain2_zpsfec78bd5.png

pueblo47
07-19-2013, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the great caps of BERNIE!!!!

07-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Those videos are freakin' incredible. I don't know how you did it, but a huge THANK YOU to Salvatore!!!

Houston Baby
07-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Oh wow!!! These videos are UNBELIEVABLE!!!
THANK YOU guys for posting these & a HUGE THANK YOU TO Salvatore!!!:faint:

Glennsallnighter
07-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Thank you Salvatore! I've watched quite a few of these videos too! They are wonderful. And so clear. Thanks too to those who have managed some screen caps.

I think we need to send Salvatore a link to the Border.

maryc2130
07-19-2013, 02:00 PM
What a great review, NYC Fan. You really have a way with words, and if the concert tonight is like you described, I will be way up on Cloud Nine!

Great screencaps. I haven't watched the videos yet (waiting 'till after the concert tonight), but the pictures are awesome! (And Don's shirt seems a little better than the previous version. :) )

mustangkim11
07-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Holy crap! Those screencaps rule! :thumbsup::partytime::nahnah:

Houston Baby
07-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Thank you, thank you TBF for the screen caps! I LOVE THEM! And our guys look FANTASTIC!!! :inlove:

Freypower
07-19-2013, 10:33 PM
I will probably do some screenshots tomorrow but when they're taking the bows it's nice to see Glenn in the middle. He always used to stand at the end.

mustangkim11
07-19-2013, 10:38 PM
I will probably do some screenshots tomorrow but when they're taking the bows it's nice to see Glenn in the middle. He always used to stand at the end.

Yay! Looking forward to your screenshots! :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
07-20-2013, 04:17 AM
So am I! You do great screen shots FP. And of course yours were amazing too Willie.

Troubadour
07-20-2013, 08:01 AM
OMG... I have just watched Saturday Night and I don't even know what to say. I could bawl like a baby right now. So, so incredible. :inlove: Willie, your screencaps are amazing!

Troubadour
07-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Glenn's voice is so spot-on during NKIT. Wow. I am blown away by these videos and by the energy and goodwill coming from the guys. They seem genuinely happy and excited by the whole thing - little touches like Don and Glenn's shared smile/laugh after Saturday Night just kill me! I cannot WAIT to see this show. I'm not even going to moan about Don's shirt because... :faint: He is so gorgeous. I love it when he sings the higher bit (previously Randy's?) "tell me, oh tell me" during Saturday Night... I find it amazing how his voice can still so easily bridge the gap between husky and deep and high and clear. SIIIIIIIGH.

Prettymaid
07-20-2013, 08:37 AM
My excitement is reignited when I see members who haven't seen the show enjoy the videos so much. They are great, aren't they? I can only imagine how much fun the Eagles are having playing this new set list. It must be very refreshing for them.

Troubadour
07-20-2013, 08:48 AM
I can't even cope with the hotness.

The emotion is definitely present from a fan perspective, too. It's just so spine-tingling to see them all up on stage together, singing songs that they haven't performed in years. It really feels like going back in time. When Joe hugged Bernie, I teared up and grinned all at once! So adorable.

Brooke
07-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Fabulous screenshots Willie and the one of Bernie and Joe too, EF! :heart:

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Glennhoney
07-20-2013, 09:38 AM
Holy crap! Those screencaps rule! :thumbsup::partytime::nahnah:
...GORGEOUS!!!!...:)

Troubadour
07-20-2013, 10:01 AM
I had to change my avatar! I don't know why I find it so sexy when he's fixing the mic stand through the first verse of Best of My Love. Maybe it's the forearms...

07-20-2013, 12:35 PM
I can't even cope with the hotness.

The emotion is definitely present from a fan perspective, too. It's just so spine-tingling to see them all up on stage together, singing songs that they haven't performed in years. It really feels like going back in time. When Joe hugged Bernie, I teared up and grinned all at once! So adorable.

I loved that part too, Troub and had the same reaction as you. I am so grateful for these videos, Even if they are taken down soon, it gives folks a chance to get glimpses of what the show is all about. I believe that seeing them creates even more anticipation and eagerness to see a live show for a lot of people.

Witchy Woman
07-20-2013, 12:41 PM
I had to change my avatar! I don't know why I find it so sexy when he's fixing the mic stand through the first verse of Best of My Love. Maybe it's the forearms...

Agreed !!

I thought he was going to break the damn thing he got so frustrated with it. Lol !!

Troubadour
07-20-2013, 12:44 PM
But he was still singing so tenderly at the same time! Haha. Who said men couldn't multi-task? ;)

Witchy Woman
07-20-2013, 12:46 PM
But he was still singing so tenderly at the same time! Haha. Who said men couldn't multi-task? ;)

:thumbsup:

MaryCalifornia
07-20-2013, 01:43 PM
This guy is uploading the entire show! Can't wait to get home and download all. Does not happen often that you get videos in such good quality.

I had to take a screenshot, this is SO sweet :heart: Happy Birthday to Bernie :)

http://i42.tinypic.com/14ufasl.jpg

It looks like Salvatore's videos of the Rolling Stones are from the same angle, making me think he is filming from a suite. The shots are pretty steady, he probably has his camera on the counter, and obviously, security isn't bothering him. Yay Salvatore!

Topkat
07-20-2013, 02:06 PM
OMG--NKIT was PERFECT!!!! Glenn nailed it!! It gave me chills listening to it. :thumbsup: So glad it's in the setlist and it just keeps getting better and better too, I think.

I say we take up a collection to send ol' Salvatore to every show to video them. He's done an awesome job here and can't want to go watch the rest of the videos.

I wouldn't be shocked if he is a professional & may even be filming for them. Even possibly using a made up name here..Do you think they would allow all this up close filming if they weren't in on it? Maybe they figured if videos were going to make it on to YouTube, they may as well be really good ones!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-20-2013, 04:34 PM
A friend mentioned there's advertising on one or more of them?

threecrazykitties1950713
07-22-2013, 01:23 AM
http://houston.culturemap.com/news/entertainment/07-21-13-eagles-soar-in-three-hour-concert-but-no-houston-flyover-planned-for-now/

GlennLover
07-22-2013, 04:56 PM
http://houston.culturemap.com/news/entertainment/07-21-13-eagles-soar-in-three-hour-concert-but-no-houston-flyover-planned-for-now/

That's the second review that I have read that made mention of Don playing the piano! :confused:

WalshFan88
07-24-2013, 10:44 PM
RMW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZkfGY3Cu_Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=que497lZirc

TLHTM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Oj5IGVoOpY

HC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TimsatBouo4

SN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfdycx3u3Lo

ICTYW