PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Brooklyn

ktdids
07-23-2013, 08:37 PM
Hello everyone,
I was just a kid when I first heard the band on the radio, got their Greatest hits albums when CD's first came out, clueless about their breakup, liked Don and Glenn's solo stuff but not fanatically, it was the 80's and I was in school, life went on, got older listened to "popular" radio less and less, heard about the reunification of the band but didn't go to see them, heard about the documentary, watched it I guess out of general curiosity, was surprised by a few things they talked about, and then got seduced by Don Henley's voice.
Now here I am, waiting for November 8 and 9 to come around so that I can see them at Madison Square Garden.
What's next?!

sodascouts
07-23-2013, 08:39 PM
Welcome! You won't be disappointed at MSG. The current tour is fantastic!

Prettymaid
07-23-2013, 08:41 PM
Welcome ktdids! To find out what's next, you've come to the right place!

GlennLover
07-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Welcome, ktdids! I've got to wait until November too (the 4th in Montreal).

Tiffanny Twisted
07-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Welcome to the border:headbang:

Brooke
07-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Welcome! Fun place to hang out with other Eagles lovers!

Henley Honey
07-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Welcome from me too, Ktdids! I remember reading a book when I was young(er) about Katydids. Is that where you screen name comes from?

Houston Baby
07-23-2013, 10:32 PM
WELCOME from me too! Lot of Eagles info & pics on "The Border".
Hope you enjoy your time here! HAVE FUN!!!

Outlawman13
07-24-2013, 12:16 AM
Hello and welcome Ktdids!!!! You will love it over here and the people are wonderful. Make yourself at home. Have some fun!!!

Witchy Woman
07-24-2013, 12:42 AM
Welcome, ktdids !!

Did you derive your name from the cricket ?

Glennsallnighter
07-24-2013, 04:59 AM
Welcome ktdids from me too. I'm going to two of the MSG gigs in November so hopefully we can hook up.

HH, was that book 'What Katy Did'? By Susan Coolidge? There were two other books in the series to!

prayfordaylight
07-24-2013, 08:30 AM
Welcome!

Henley Honey
07-24-2013, 10:37 AM
Welcome ktdids from me too. I'm going to two of the MSG gigs in November so hopefully we can hook up.

HH, was that book 'What Katy Did'? By Susan Coolidge? There were two other books in the series to!

It was, GA, and since I was frequently in trouble :angel: I could really relate to the "Katydid" message.

WalshFan88
07-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Welcome!

cricrichan
07-24-2013, 05:56 PM
Welcome!!! :D

glenneaglesfan
07-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Welcome from over the Pond! I'm another Kate and was given What Katy Did when I was 7 or 8. Hope you have a great time exploring this site, and enjoying your first concert!

Troubadour
07-26-2013, 07:44 PM
Welcome to The Border! Glad you found us.

ktdids
07-26-2013, 09:17 PM
Wow, such a warm welcome!
I've been lurking for a while and thought I might as well join in since I have months to wait to see the band! I'm trying to be patient...trying...

As for the name, I had a grade school teacher who tried to call me Katydids, it didn't take, and in my high school yearbook one of my best friends wrote my name Katy as KT, and I thought that was cleverly cool. The ktdids came about as I had to find internet names and stuff that I could remember!

Glennsallnighter
07-27-2013, 04:01 AM
Welcome from over the Pond! I'm another Kate and was given What Katy Did when I was 7 or 8. Hope you have a great time exploring this site, and enjoying your first concert!

It must be something to do with names. When Laura was very small several people gave her a lovely book called 'Lauras Star'. She has also been given several of the 'Little House' series of books where the central character is 'Laura'.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-27-2013, 06:53 AM
Welcome to the Border, KT!

sodascouts
07-27-2013, 11:01 AM
It must be something to do with names. When Laura was very small several people gave her a lovely book called 'Lauras Star'. She has also been given several of the 'Little House' series of books where the central character is 'Laura'.

When I was 8, I was given the first of the "Nancy Drew" series. By the time I was in middle school I had read over 100 of them. I partially credit it for my love of reading. Books with the child's name works for me!

desperado
07-28-2013, 09:23 AM
Hello everyone,
I was just a kid when I first heard the band on the radio, got their Greatest hits albums when CD's first came out, clueless about their breakup, liked Don and Glenn's solo stuff but not fanatically, it was the 80's and I was in school, life went on, got older listened to "popular" radio less and less, heard about the reunification of the band but didn't go to see them, heard about the documentary, watched it I guess out of general curiosity, was surprised by a few things they talked about, and then got seduced by Don Henley's voice.
Now here I am, waiting for November 8 and 9 to come around so that I can see them at Madison Square Garden.
What's next?!

welcome to the Border ktdids! I was just like you, a kid when they broke up in 1980, always listening to their songs/cds, busy with other things in 1994 when ' hell froze over ", missing other tours as I raised my young children, watching the documentary on Showtime and telling myself that if a tour comes out of this documentary, I'm going. I just saw my first Eagles show on July 25, but It felt right, like I had seen them before. I'm also going to see them at Madison square garden. can hardly wait! I too, and seduced by Don's voice :D

mustangkim11
07-28-2013, 11:30 AM
Welcome ktdids! What a cool name! Yep, this is the best place to get your 'Eagle on'. I've found that it's hard to find a lot of places where I can go a bit nuts about these guys without boring everyone else in the process. Not a lot of my friends are into the Eagles.