I hope these links work :

http://twitter.com/ccw212/status/361324445782142978/photo/1

http://fb.me/GhXLMjM0

Joe Henley
07-28-2013, 04:46 AM
How cool is that?! I wonder how many millions someone shelled out for that. Lol

Prettymaid
07-28-2013, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the info and links, desperado. Can you imagine being a neighbor who's not invited! That would be torture!

Tiffanny Twisted
07-28-2013, 09:56 AM
wow we could do a private border concert ?????would be sweet

mustangkim11
07-28-2013, 11:13 AM
wow we could do a private border concert ?????would be sweet

That would be sweet! :headbang::guitar:

Prettymaid
07-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Think we could scrape up a couple million?

Victim of Love
07-28-2013, 12:38 PM
A "couple" million wouldn't get it done according to this article I found. Unfortunately there isn't a date so it's impossible to know exactly when it was reported BUT I do note that there are no comments posted at the end. $6M for ONE song!!!!!!!!!!

http://topten.whatitcosts.com/top-ten-parties-pg2.htm

(Why do I get a gut feeling that Irving had a LOT to do with this?)

Witchy Woman
07-28-2013, 12:58 PM
A "couple" million wouldn't get it done according to this article I found. Unfortunately there isn't a date so it's impossible to know exactly when it was reported BUT I do note that there are no comments posted at the end. $6M for ONE song!!!!!!!!!!

http://topten.whatitcosts.com/top-ten-parties-pg2.htm

(Why do I get a gut feeling that Irving had a LOT to do with this?)

Anyone who would play them 6 million dollars for one song has rocks in their head. For that kind of money they better give me one helluva concert !!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-28-2013, 01:08 PM
I know, it bothers me that the article didn't say who the party was for or when, so there's no way to verify the information. From things I've read in the recent past, they don't usually charge that much for an entire private concert.

Anyway, when I hit the big lottery, I'll spring for a private concert with the guys and all of you will be invited. Just...don't hold your breath waiting for it!!!

Victim of Love
07-28-2013, 02:23 PM
I know, it bothers me that the article didn't say who the party was for or when, so there's no way to verify the information. From things I've read in the recent past, they don't usually charge that much for an entire private concert.

Anyway, when I hit the big lottery, I'll spring for a private concert with the guys and all of you will be invited. Just...don't hold your breath waiting for it!!!

VA, you're too kind...and we'll all hold you to it! LOL!

And you're absolutely right...it's very frustrating that there is no info to verify. But I think $6M is a pretty outrageous claim and I have serious doubts about the validity of the item. I simply can't imagine the guys being that greedy. Sounds more like an Irving thing to me.

Topkat
07-28-2013, 02:26 PM

Me too VA, When I win a big lottery, I will also spring for a private concert! I would love to do that for my friends!:headbang:

zeldabjr
07-28-2013, 04:16 PM
can't wait VA and Tk...keep playin' that lotto!!!!!!

Henley Honey
07-28-2013, 04:29 PM
Well, I hate to break it to you beeotches, but when I win, I'll still have them play, but I'm charging y'all a little something and giving the proceeds to several charities -- namely, The New York Blood Center, The Lupus Foundation, The Walden Woods Project, and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.

Everyone has to pony up a little . . . . .

AEW21
07-28-2013, 04:37 PM

That's so sweet of you--we'll make it worth your while if you invite us... Save your millions-don't cater, we'll potluck it! I'll make Jello. Don looks a Cherry man.... ;)

Very lucky people...some of them apparently very rich people, too.

zeldabjr
07-28-2013, 04:38 PM
awww HH...you're too good...great idea...ok by me...just think of the money you could raise...even $100 would be cheap for an Eagles ticket and would raise a lot of money for some charity!!

Prettymaid
07-28-2013, 05:37 PM
I'll make Jello. Don looks a Cherry man.... ;)

:rofl:

MaryCalifornia
07-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Sadly, I'm guessing it takes more than $$ to get the Eagles to play a private show. That said, when taking into consideration the factors that do contribute to a "yes" for a private event, I don't know how they could, in good conscience, reject a concert for the Citizens of the Border!!!

GlennLover
07-28-2013, 08:13 PM
A private concert for the Borderers has been suggested before, but we're still waiting for someone to come up with the million(s)! :hilarious: We just need to get a generous millionaire Eagles fan to join The Border. That shouldn't be too difficult, right? :wink::wink: Yeah, right! Piece of cake! :lie:

Tiffanny Twisted
07-28-2013, 08:15 PM
:razz:ok so we need an indoor venue cause I hate depending on the weather
If we donate money like hh said, maybe the venue would donate too.(keswick is small and you can rent it reasonable ...timmy played there last year)

pot luck sounds good too..i"ll make the gluten free dessert..Ya all remember my choco strawberry tort ???

we wuld have a blast...wonder if they'd go for it.
:faint:
seriously if we gave money to charity...how much could they charge???:razz:

Prettymaid
07-28-2013, 08:16 PM
A private concert for the Borderers has been suggested before, but we're still waiting for someone to come up with the million(s)! :hilarious: We just need to get a generous millionaire Eagles fan to join The Border. That shouldn't be too difficult, right? :wink::wink: Yeah, right! Piece of cake! :lie:

I don't even think I know any generous millionaires. :cool:

Troubadour
07-28-2013, 08:30 PM
I suggest we go back to basics, à la The History of the Eagles Tour. Someone's living room (preferably mine), a few ropey guitars, storage boxes for them to sit on and an ice bucket full of bottles of cheap beer. I can even bring my digital photo frame so that we can run a slideshow of pictures of Glenn driving in the background. Genius.

Someone make a few of those 3E buttons too, will you? We want it to be authentic, after all...

zeldabjr
07-28-2013, 08:33 PM
I suggest we go back to basics, à la The History of the Eagles Tour. Someone's living room (preferably mine), a few ropey guitars, storage boxes for them to sit on and an ice bucket full of bottles of cheap beer. I can even bring my digital photo frame so that we can run a slideshow of pictures of Glenn driving in the background. Genius.

Someone make a few of those 3E buttons too, will you? We want it to be authentic, after all...

oh Lou I'd fly to London for this concert!!!!!

Prettymaid
07-28-2013, 09:29 PM
And GEF and GA could bring their guitars for the guys to play. Can you imagine Glenn playing Kate's guitar? :lol:

Troubadour
07-28-2013, 09:34 PM
:idea: I've got a harmonica that Tim can play. Oh, we are on this!

mustangkim11
07-28-2013, 10:01 PM
Anyone who would play them 6 million dollars for one song has rocks in their head. For that kind of money they better give me one helluva concert !!

For $6 million, I'd be wanting more than just a song...:nahnah: LOL!

Topkat
07-28-2013, 10:35 PM
We have a great party room on our roof with an amazing view. We can rent it for I think $150... It can hold a party of about 120 people, with an outside area if weather permits. If it's summertime, we can have it at the pool....complete with cutie lifeguard!!!
Only 15 minutes from the airport in NY.
OK, now all we need is to get the money to pay the guys!:partytime::partytime::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

GlennLover
07-28-2013, 10:42 PM
We have a great party room on our roof with an amazing view. We can rent it for I think $150... It can hold a party of about 120 people, with an outside area if weather permits. If it's summertime, we can have it at the pool....complete with cutie lifeguard!!!
Only 15 minutes from the airport in NY.
OK, now all we need is to get the money to pay the guys!:partytime::partytime::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

That sounds like a great venue & about 120 people would be about right. We don't want to share them with too many people. ;)

MaryCalifornia
07-28-2013, 10:50 PM
Haha 3E buttons! Yes, I will have them made and bring them! All of the guests will be sporting them, including WalshFan!!!!

Topkat
07-28-2013, 10:55 PM
Haha 3E buttons! Yes, I will have them made and bring them! All of the guests will be sporting them, including WalshFan!!!!

YES.....We need 3E buttons! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

sodascouts
07-28-2013, 11:12 PM
Sadly, I'm guessing it takes more than $$ to get the Eagles to play a private show. That said, when taking into consideration the factors that do contribute to a "yes" for a private event, I don't know how they could, in good conscience, reject a concert for the Citizens of the Border!!!

Just say "part of the proceeds go to Walden Woods" and Don's on board, lol.

Seriously, I remember when some Stevie Nicks fans passed the hat around to try to raise money to have her play a "private party" for them a few years ago. Their method was to ask fans to contribute $100 in exchange for admittance to the "party." The only problem is that a real private party doesn't charge admission! Once her management found out about how the money was being raised, they nipped it in the bud because that made it a "ticketed event" which was not the same as a "private party" and therefore the rules were different. It actually turned into a big fiasco as the guy had already taken money from some fans since you have to make a downpayment just to show you're serious, and he was slow in returning it! (Eventually he did return it all.)

In other words, you have to be an individual who's rich enough to pay for it without soliciting "contributions," a corporation, or a charity in order to get the guys. I think I heard some corporation paid them $1 million a few years ago. They might be more expensive now.

Troubadour
07-29-2013, 10:34 AM
Just say "part of the proceeds go to Walden Woods" and Don's on board, lol.

Seriously, I remember when some Stevie Nicks fans passed the hat around to try to raise money to have her play a "private party" for them a few years ago. Their method was to ask fans to contribute $100 in exchange for admittance to the "party." The only problem is that a real private party doesn't charge admission! Once her management found out about how the money was being raised, they nipped it in the bud because that made it a "ticketed event" which was not the same as a "private party" and therefore the rules were different. It actually turned into a big fiasco as the guy had already taken money from some fans since you have to make a downpayment just to show you're serious, and he was slow in returning it! (Eventually he did return it all.)

In other words, you have to be an individual who's rich enough to pay for it without soliciting "contributions," a corporation, or a charity in order to get the guys. I think I heard some corporation paid them $1 million a few years ago. They might be more expensive now.

Oh wow. That's really interesting. Seems a shame that fans can't all chip in together for a private show... that would be great fun and probably doable for some fandoms!

Topkat
07-29-2013, 10:45 AM
Well, if anyone hits Powerball, they will be rich enough to afford this...
We can keep the dream alive! :pimp:

Brooke
07-29-2013, 04:52 PM
I'm in if I win the big one! Now, have to go buy a ticket which I rarely do! :lol:

desperado
07-29-2013, 11:24 PM
I found another posting on this private gig:

http://davidxprutting.tumblr.com/post/56817986005/had-one-of-the-best-bonding-experiences-with-my

WalshFan88
07-30-2013, 12:04 AM
I wonder if they'd play my little 100-people semi private festival (Ausfest) in October. My band normally closes the show but I suppose these guys would do a good job!

(In other words, I wish I was that rich. :hilarious:)

zeldabjr
07-30-2013, 12:07 AM
I found another posting on this private gig:

http://davidxprutting.tumblr.com/post/56817986005/had-one-of-the-best-bonding-experiences-with-my

wonder who his "old man" is?...and if he's available!...

sodascouts
07-30-2013, 02:09 AM
Yeah, I'm sure you can find him on SugarDaddyMatch.com! lol

Topkat
07-30-2013, 10:43 AM
wonder who his "old man" is?...and if he's available!...

He didn't say that his "old man" was the one that hired the Eagles!

sad-cafe
08-02-2013, 04:13 PM
oh my living room has a nice piano And an Alto Sax, Tenor Sax and Clarinet. Oh and I can bring hubbies Bass Guitar up for My Timothy B. I would never let hubby touch it again after!