PDA

View Full Version : Celeb-reality

sodascouts
07-16-2007, 01:05 AM
I've found myself watching VH1's celeb-reality shows with morbid fascination. Does anyone else share this guilty pleasure?

I just watched the premiere of "Rock of Love" where Poison lead singer Bret Michaels looks for "true love" (yeah, right). Just as I expected, there was an appalling array of plastic-surgery-enhanced groupie-types with big boobs and very few brain cells. Usually on these shows there's a couple you take a liking to, but in this case, nada. Doesn't mean I won't watch the next episode.

Didn't Joe's daughter want to do some kind of reality show?

Maleah
07-16-2007, 07:22 AM
I have to admit, I have watched them before. But seeing as I don't have cable in my home and I have to watch at my sisters, it doesn't happen every day....so I miss a few. That's exactly the way I figured Rock of Love would go. It's Bret Michaels.......surely we didn't think he was going to get a normal girl. :lol:

DonFan
07-16-2007, 08:42 AM
We watched a little bit of Family Jewels with Gene Simmons of KISS the other night.

I was wondering the same thing--whatever happened to that show about Joe Walsh’s daughter? Joe hasn't done any more online chats this summer, either.

tbs fanatic
08-03-2007, 10:48 AM
I'm okay as long as I don't channel flip onto these crazy shows but if I do then I become hooked for the rest of the show :roll: Brett Michaels - OMG where do they find those girls??? The Kiss one is okay - they have a good sense of humor about themselves. I have to admit I really became hooked on the show WORKOUT which I think was on Bravo.

I was also wondering about the reality show with Joe's daughter. I guess it didn't make the cut???

Brooke
08-03-2007, 01:36 PM
I just watched the premiere of "Rock of Love" where Poison lead singer Bret Michaels looks for "true love" (yeah, right). Just as I expected, there was an appalling array of plastic-surgery-enhanced groupie-types with big boobs and very few brain cells. Usually on these shows there's a couple you take a liking to, but in this case, nada. Doesn't mean I won't watch the next episode.

I've watched this a few times! I had to watch a second time just to see if what I thought I saw the first time was true! I really cannot believe this is on tv! But this day and age, anything goes right? My hubby and I have renewed our interest in some of the 80's music by downloading some of the songs from then. We didn't have MTV or cable back then and most of that just went by and we never saw any of it. And we were raising our kids. I do love a couple of Poison's songs, Every Rose Has Its Thorn and Something to Believe In. The guy can sing and he still looks good, but this show is so sleazy. And the girls look like they came straight from the sunset strip. I would like to see if Brett has hair under that bandana though! And I find myself wanting to see which one he will select to "rock his world"! :snicker: :roll:

Molly
08-03-2007, 02:43 PM
And the girls look like they came straight from the sunset strip.

I've seen an episode of this, as well. I hope Brett has some Lysol and some penicillin on hand before he lets any of them "rock his world!" :shock:

tbs fanatic
08-03-2007, 06:27 PM
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

sodascouts
08-04-2007, 12:27 AM
Molly - BWAHAHAHA!!!!

As far as Joe's daughter's show goes, I'm not sure what happened. I assume it didn't get picked up, although there could have been some other circumstances.

sodascouts
08-27-2007, 01:36 AM
And now they are doing "Flavor of Love 3." Looks like they're going to run that one in to the ground.

"Scott Baio is 45 and single" just wrapped up, to a pretty satisfying conclusion. I thought that one was funny.

I'm currently watching "The Pick-Up Artist" and just shaking my head at it. The show is about these eight guys who can't get a date, for various reasons. They're not the most gorgeous guys in the world and they have very low self-esteem; they're very afraid to try to pick up women. A guy named "Mystery" and his two helpers claim they can turn one of these guys into a "pick-up artist" who can get women, no sweat. Watching this as a woman, I have to laugh at some of the tips these guys are getting. Some of the "sure-fire gambits" this guy is giving them are so lame it's hilarious. An example: "Do you know what a u-smile is?" [girl: 'no'] "It's the kind of smile YOU have." And that's not even the worst of them.

As far as the host goes, I know I wouldn't touch this guy Mystery with a 10-foot pole, and I'm not exactly a prize, so that's saying something. A photo:

http://www.venusianarts.com/vh1/mystery_2004-05_47.jpg

Oh well, these guys really have nothing to lose. If these cheesy openers give them confidence, it's not a bad thing. It's still funny, though.

Molly
08-27-2007, 07:19 AM
I've seen the show a couple of times, too, Nancy. It's this kind of show that makes me glad I'm married!

Women seem to flock to this Mystery guy. Someone needs to explain that to me! :?

tbs fanatic
08-27-2007, 09:24 AM
And now they are doing "Flavor of Love 3." Looks like they're going to run that one in to the ground.

OMG - tell me that's a joke :roll: What is it about that weird guy that everyone loves so much :? :? :? :? :?

tbs fanatic
09-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Okay, I have to add this. 'Sunset Tan' - I flipped on to it the other night :shock: They are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel with this one. 'Hollie and Ollie' :? :? :? Has anyone else seen this? It's set around a Tanning Salon(s) that these two guys own. The guys are trying to be professional and everything but they keep hiring these bimbos who spend the whole day b******* at each other. It's insane.

sodascouts
09-08-2007, 03:14 PM
LOL! Oh man. Who pitches these things?!

sodascouts
09-11-2007, 10:42 PM
OK, so this week on Rock of Love, Bret Michaels actually has sex with two of the girls (on two different nights, at least, lol). Perhaps this show is simply a way for a rock star to have groupie sex without worrying about STDs! lol

Brooke
09-12-2007, 02:27 PM
:roll: Oh geez!

I haven't watched lately. I was waiting till the end to see who "won"! :roll:

I'm still wanting to see the top of his head to see if he has any hair!

tbs fanatic
09-12-2007, 04:51 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Like Bret Michaels is some great catch - Eeeeek! What do they think - he's going to marry them or something????? It's hysterical :lol: :lol:

sodascouts
09-13-2007, 02:25 PM
I visited the MySpace for the reality show "Mission: Man Band" where they put four former boy-band stars together and try to make them into a new supergroup. Anyway, they have this crazy gimmick where they give out PHONE NUMBERS to reach them and say they might call you back! I can see all the excited pre-teens now frantically dialing! I wonder how many phone calls they actually return? I bet they have some kind of survey or something you have to take when you call.

http://www.myspace.com/sureshotband

tbs fanatic
10-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Okay, I hate to admit this but I've just watched another episode of 'Sunset Tan' - OMG it's so bad it's hysterical. The other night hubby wanted to watch some documentary on WW2 that's been getting rave reviews and I'm like '..yeah, okay just let me finish this.' He's like - 'I can't believe you are watching this CRAP' :lol: I'm becoming a sad person. :roll:

sodascouts
10-04-2007, 07:33 PM
lol! Well, if it makes you feel better, I'm looking forward to the "Rock of Love" reunion special this Sunday!

Heather should've won. :scowl:

BTW... if you look at the MySpace of the winner... she's got photos of someone else up as her boyfriend!

Brooke
10-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Haha! I thought Jess would win and did! I figured he'd pick the younger one. :roll:

So, do you think they'll actually get married? Wasn't that the deal?

sodascouts
10-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Bret said he wanted someone in his life to be his "rock of love" but never said a word about making her Mrs. Michaels. I guess that's not surprising, considering the show takes places over a couple weeks!

Unlike "The Bachelor" and shows of that nature, the end goal of the VH1 shows isn't matrimony - it's just a "relationship."

In fact, when Heather told Bret "I love you," Bret replied with, "Um.... I have no words..." (ie, NOT "I love you too" lol). In a recent radio interview, Jes was asked if she was looking for love. Jes busted out laughing. She said she was there for the publicity. Not a good sign!

So the real question is... will there be a "Rock of Love 2"? lol

Brooke
10-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Oh geez! I didn't catch all that, but thought it would be quite ususual if they actually married!

tbs fanatic
10-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Oh - I didn't see who had won. I figured Jess would. She was sort of the 'hottest' one :roll: I bet they do do a 'Rock of Love II', and III and IV - Aaaaaah!

EasyFeeling
10-05-2007, 04:23 PM
:? :? :? :?: :?: :hmm: :wink:
I just wanted to post anything in this thread since I don't know what you are talking about. :twisted:

sodascouts
10-05-2007, 04:54 PM
lol EF!

Here is the website explaining "Rock of Love":

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/rock_of_love/series_about.jhtml

EasyFeeling
10-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Ah, thanks Soda. I've just read the whole thread so I nearly know what happened.
You have some odd shows in the USA. :wink: I only watched the German version of The Bachelor once and that was enough. :roll: Not really funny. That show with a famous guy seems much more interesting and funnier.

sodascouts
10-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Reviving this thread to discuss another Rock of Love spin off: Rock of Love Girls: Charm School.

A dozen girls from the two seasons of Rock of Love try to improve themselves by completing "challenges" designed to help them become ladies. The one who is most improved at the end of the show wins $100,000.

The headmistress and judge of who is improving?

Sharon Osbourne.

:confused:

ticky
10-25-2008, 12:17 AM
NO!!!! Sharon Osboune???? REALLY??

so their standards of "charm" arent very high. I mean basically cover your mouth WHEN you belch, Shut the bathroom door if the cameras are on and wash your hands after a good scratch?? and who are these girls being "prepped" for? again.. not really high standards this guys got huh?

WHAT would Emilie Post say?? *G*:shock:

Ive always been a dreamer
10-25-2008, 12:50 AM
Well - thank you for reminding me why I don't watch TV, Soda! :wink: :wink:

TimothyBFan
10-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Well - thank you for reminding me why I don't watch TV, Soda! :wink: :wink:

HERE-HERE---I hate reality tv!!! My daughter is a reality junkie and is always trying to tell me about some silly show she watches. No wonder our youth are in trouble with some of the nonsense she tells me about.

The only reality tv series I watched was a couple years ago called "Treasure Hunters". Does anyone remember that one? The only reason we started watching it was because our niece's husband Matt was on Team Air Force. It was a treasure hunt across America and Europe and the contenders also had to know some US History and answer questions in regards to it. They actually had to use their noggins and not just look pretty!!! Of course it only lasted 1 season because it wasn't foolish nonsense and people actually had to think on it. Team Air Force made it to the final 3 teams and the whole family went out to Washington DC for the finale. We had so much fun even tho they only came in 2nd place. It was really a great experience for all of us and we had a great time!!

Oops--Sorry if I offended anyone that is reality tv fan--This is just my opinion!

ticky
10-27-2008, 10:13 AM
I hate reality TV too.. never watch it. BUt the idea of Sharon Osbourne teaching ANYONE Charm is so outrageous!

Prettymaid
10-27-2008, 10:14 AM
The only reality tv series I watched was a couple years ago called "Treasure Hunters". Does anyone remember that one?

I watched most of that one TBF. Didn't it end with two of the teams inside the room together trying to figure out the code to finally get to the treasure? Those are the kind of reality shows I like, too.

Occasionally I'll watch an episode of Little People Big World but my favorite reality show - can't miss an episode - is What Not To Wear!

ticky
10-27-2008, 10:18 AM
Oh yeah, forgot about LPBW! I do watch that, but thats just cuz they live like 4 miles from my house and we shop at the same places and know the same people *G* Kind of fun to see them filming and say Hi when you see them in the store. The best buddy of the oldest kid is a friend of Jenni's too. They go to school together.

Prettymaid
10-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Oh yeah, forgot about LPBW! I do watch that, but thats just cuz they live like 4 miles from my house and we shop at the same places and know the same people *G* Kind of fun to see them filming and say Hi when you see them in the store. The best buddy of the oldest kid is a friend of Jenni's too. They go to school together.

That's cool Ticky!

TimothyBFan
10-27-2008, 10:29 AM
I watched most of that one TBF. Didn't it end with two of the teams inside the room together trying to figure out the code to finally get to the treasure?

Yup--that's the one--my niece's husband was Matt Z, and he was on a team with his best friend Matt R and his wife. They only lost by 1 minute and 17 seconds. Team Genius won---darn those smart boys!!!!

BTW--Ticky that is really cool---My daughter loves that show and What Not To Wear--loves Clinton and Stacy.

Prettymaid
10-27-2008, 10:34 AM
My daughter loves that show and What Not To Wear--loves Clinton and Stacy.

Willie you should turn your daughter in to WNTW so she can meet Stacy and Clinton. I'd love to watch somebody I know on there!

TimothyBFan
10-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Oh--she would be so mortified!!!! She really doesn't dress like most 16 year old girls--she was so mad last week when she had to put on jeans for the first time since last winter! She always wears the cutest little dresses and tights etc... Of course if I had legs up to my neck like she does, I would wear them also. I'm waiting for her to get the idea to turn me in because I don't "dress my age" but she says that's a good thing!!!:)

MikeA
10-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Molly - BWAHAHAHA!!!!

As far as Joe's daughter's show goes, I'm not sure what happened. I assume it didn't get picked up, although there could have been some other circumstances.

Soda,

I never did see anyone reply to the "Lucy" question. She was on a reality show of sorts (Rock The Cradle put on by MTV) but like you, I thought I got from something Joe said that she was trying to get Joe to agree to appear on some "reality" show. Joe was indicating a real reluctance to do that. RTC was not what I think of as "Reality" television.