PDA

View Full Version : What's Happening In Your Life?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13

LuvTim
10-26-2015, 06:34 PM
Hope your ankle is better soon AG. Its mid term here but no holidays planned this time. My parents have a few appointments that I will attend with them, and my son has an interview for his secondary school next year on Wednesday. I'm quite tired anyway so a bit of R&R suits. I would also like to get some work done on some of my holiday pics from earlier in the year and if I get the chance I will do my Eagles calendars for next year.

GA, I hope you have a lovely midterm break and also accomplish all that you've planned. Best wishes! :smile:

NOLA
10-27-2015, 08:35 AM
Thanks. I'm doing the RICE method. (Rest, Ice, compression, and elevation). I'm soaking the foot now. Hopefully, it will help.

AG, how is your ankle doing after a day of in-home therapy? I hope you will avoid a doctor's visit, but if it's necessary to alleviate the pain, please do so.

Brooke
10-27-2015, 10:04 AM
Ga, enjoy your time off! I'm always jealous of teachers and wish I would have gone to college to be one. I'd probably kill some of those kids though, so it's best I didn't! lol My husband's family is full of teachers and my daughter in law is one too, so I get to always hear about things they are doing during their breaks. But, I know they put in lots of extra hours too so it all evens out, I guess!

AG, hope your foot is feeling better!

bluefeather
10-27-2015, 12:52 PM
thanks for the good vibes, it's getting better now

I hope your ankle is recovering fine AG

AlreadyGone95
10-27-2015, 01:04 PM
AG, how is your ankle doing after a day of in-home therapy? I hope you will avoid a doctor's visit, but if it's necessary to alleviate the pain, please do so.

The pain level is about the same, though Aleve doesn't help much and Tylenol doesn't help at all. It mainly hurts when I walk on it or when I put it in certain positions. The swelling has increased. It's now going from just above the ankle all the way up my foot to my big toe. It's not black and blue, just puffy. It looks like a doctor's visit will happen in the next few days.

Brooke, I lol'd at you might wanting to kill some of the students. I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up. Then I entered middle school, and that dream ceased to exist anymore! :lol:

AlreadyGone95
10-29-2015, 02:48 PM
I haven't gone to the doctor yet. The swelling has been going up and down. Right now, it's down. Yesterday, my mom had wrapped it, but an hour later, I had to unwrap it because the swelling had gotten worse and was causing too much pain when it was constricted. The pain is still the same. Since today is my mom's birthday, I decided to not make her spend the afternoon at a doctor's office. If the swelling stays down, I'm not going. If it goes back up, I'm going tomorrow.

AlreadyGone95
10-31-2015, 02:20 PM
I avoided a doctor's visit. :yay:. The swelling continues to go down. I can now see and feel the bones in my foot!

I had a rough night last night. My mom and I stayed up late playing cards. Afterwards, I went in my room to get ready for bed. All of sudden, I got a muscle spasm in my left calf muscle. I've had spasms before. It's very common for me, but this one was different. I've never had one like it. It was extremely painful, and made me feel out of it. It was affecting the nerves because I could feel the pain in my thigh and foot. Usually, massaging the muscle, walking, or using a heating pad works. I tried all of that, and it didn't work this time. Over an hour passed, and no relief. I finally remembered that I had some muscle relaxers for my back, so I took one of them. I finally fell asleep at 4 am. I woke up at 8, and my whole body felt sore. I'm ok now, just very tired.

I have no idea what caused this and why.

AlreadyGone95
11-02-2015, 02:19 PM
Just had a tornado warning for my county expire. If it touched down, it hit just 7-10 miles north of me. :fear: Too close for comfort. I'm under a tornado watch until 7 pm. There's another warning for the counties south of me. That storm is now heading my way. :worried:. I live in a mobile home, so I don't have a "safe place".

sad-cafe
11-08-2015, 11:48 PM
well, we did it. House sold, we moved and its all over but the shouting.

Our home was only officially on the market 7 days. It all worked out I guess the way it was supposed to work.

Thanks for all your good thoughts

Brooke
11-09-2015, 10:56 AM
Congrats s-c! Enjoy your new home!

sad-cafe
11-09-2015, 08:20 PM
its kind of weird. I love the urban feel. I love our building and we have great space but for the first time in a LONG time, I have to worry - is my music too loud, is the TV bothering my neighbor? My hubby is happy though and that is the main thing.

AlreadyGone95
11-10-2015, 03:51 PM
Glad that you're liking your new home, SC :).

I have some news on the college front. The college that I wanted to attend is now merging with a bigger university, and will now be one big university. That means that I can no longer plan to attend the college. The bigger university has suspended their BA programs in the 2 fields which I want to study, history and English. That means going there would be moot. Plus, tuition fees will be much higher, and I don't want to go to a 4 year school just yet.

Now I will put my efforts into attending a small state college an hour away. It's now the only small public state college in southwest Georgia. I've already sent an email to them and should receive a paper application soon. (That way if it costs, I can wait until I have the $$ to pay.) I actually forgot that this college existed for awhile. I actually wouldn't mind living in the city where it's located. It's a city of about 20,000-25,000, and has everything that I need. Plus, it's not far from home, and it's less than hour away from Tallahassee, Florida, so I'm not all that "rural". This college offers AA degrees in both history and English. After 2 years, I would then transfer to a state university.

LuvTim
11-10-2015, 11:07 PM
its kind of weird. I love the urban feel. I love our building and we have great space but for the first time in a LONG time, I have to worry - is my music too loud, is the TV bothering my neighbor? My hubby is happy though and that is the main thing.

SC, it's so nice that everything is working out well and you are moved into your beautiful new home. Wishing you all the best. :)

P.S. Maybe invest in a great set of headphones? ;-)

LuvTim
11-10-2015, 11:08 PM
Glad that you're liking your new home, SC :).

I have some news on the college front. The college that I wanted to attend is now merging with a bigger university, and will now be one big university. That means that I can no longer plan to attend the college. The bigger university has suspended their BA programs in the 2 fields which I want to study, history and English. That means going there would be moot. Plus, tuition fees will be much higher, and I don't want to go to a 4 year school just yet.

Now I will put my efforts into attending a small state college an hour away. It's now the only small public state college in southwest Georgia. I've already sent an email to them and should receive a paper application soon. (That way if it costs, I can wait until I have the $$ to pay.) I actually forgot that this college existed for awhile. I actually wouldn't mind living in the city where it's located. It's a city of about 20,000-25,000, and has everything that I need. Plus, it's not far from home, and it's less than hour away from Tallahassee, Florida, so I'm not all that "rural". This college offers AA degrees in both history and English. After 2 years, I would then transfer to a state university.

AG, I'm pulling for you. Good luck! :thumbsup:

NOLA
11-11-2015, 10:05 AM
Good luck, AG, I wish you all the best with college admissions. Cool that you want to study history! Any particular field? The 'Wild West,' perhaps? ;-)

NightMistBlue
11-11-2015, 12:22 PM
Good luck, AG, you're a very bright young lady.

I'm going to post something for you in the Fleetwood Mac thread. I want you to see how cute Stephen Stills looks in a tux :)

Topkat
11-11-2015, 01:57 PM
I know I haven't been here in a long time, Just trying to catch up.
I had to have a kidney stone sonic blasted & I had been kind of ill on & off since the end of the summer because at first I didn't know I even had a kidney stone.
At any rate, I ended up in the hospital on Labor Day & finally had been diagnosed after follow up with a urologist & CT scan.

It's all a big pain in the ass. Anyway; hoping to pass the stone now that it has been broken into tiny pieces. So far I only saw 3 tiny pieces but I'm not having any pain, so that's good.
Had to miss the solo Henley show & sell the tickets due to this, but I did get to see both Joe & Felders shows in between my procedure. Sure hated missing Don though. Oh well, hopefully he will come around again. Everyone seems to show up in NY periodically!

AlreadyGone95
11-11-2015, 02:49 PM
Good luck, AG, I wish you all the best with college admissions. Cool that you want to study history! Any particular field? The 'Wild West,' perhaps? ;-)

The Wild West is one of them(love learning about those Outlaw Men ;) ), but the main field I love the most is the Civil War. My paternal great uncle was the head of the history department at Appalachian State University in Boone, NC, so a love of history runs in the family. It's always been my best and most favorite subject, and it's something I'm really passionate about. My dad passed down hundreds of Civil War books, magazines, and figurines to me.

Despite allof the happiness and excitement of planning for college, this time of year is always hard for me. Tomorrow, Nov. 12th, would've been my dad's 58th birthday. It's hard because I'm so much like him, especially my personality and interests. If I had a dollar for every time someone commented about me being like my dad, I wouldn't need financial aid for college! I miss him so much. My mom's and I rocky relationship doesn't help.

Also, December is when my dad got sick back in 2006. That Christmas was both the best and worst Christmas for me so far. Best because of all the material presents I got (I was 11), but worst because my dad was sick and the outlook was very grim. My dad died the day after new years. Every since then, the holidays have never been the same. The past few years have been the worst. Not only because the haven't been any presents under the tree, but because family get togethers don't exist anymore.

My mom decorates our home very early each year. Everything except the tree is already up. She does this to combat the depression this time of year brings. (My parents' wedding anniversary was in the middle of December. This year would've been their 30th). The overly decorating helps my mom, but it does the opposite for me. I do like the holidays,but seeing the tree and decorations painfully reminds me of what used to be. I know that when Christmas nears, and there's a beautiful tree that's presentless underneath, and it's just me and her and possibly her brother, it'll reach mom as well. She'll come crashing down.

Needless to say, I'm ready for January 3rd to be here! (Already)

Sorry, I needed to get that off my chest .

ETA: I forgot to thank ya'll for your well wishes for college. I'll keep ya'll updated as things happen.

Brooke
11-12-2015, 10:53 AM
AG, good luck with getting in to college. I hope it all works out for you and I hope you can manage a good Christmas this year.

I had a day off yesterday and decided to wash windows on the outside of our house. It was getting late in the year to do it, but it has been so dry the last few months they needed it awful. Even with storms predicted for the afternoon I went ahead. I got our big living room window done and it started to rain lightly. I trudged on, ladder, bucket, and towels, and it did quit and I got them all finished! I love all the windows in our house (21 plus french doors and a full glass door) until I have to clean them! Ugh! Now I have to do the inside! I was too beat to even think of tackling that! But I'm so glad it's done! My shoulders are aching today though! :brickwall:

ETA: And the storms held off till evening. Winds were awful!

AlreadyGone95
11-13-2015, 02:13 PM
Thanks Brooke. I'm trying to keep maintain the excitement of preparing for college as a way of not falling way down. If I have something to look forward to next year, I shouldn't be as depressed as I have been the past few years.

I received a paper application in the mail yesterday from the college. The name of the college is Bainbridge State College. (here's a photo (https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtl1/v/t1.0-9/11220926_895069467236732_8665495618560470327_n.jpg ?oh=961e83cb505a442a70489f5795f26ba0&oe=56F0437B) of the application. This is honestly the first time that college has seemed "real" to me.

I forgot that BSC has a campus in another small city that's closer to me.(30 miles, instead of 60). There are no dorms there(I don't know if there are dorms at the main campus), but I'll be selecting it as my primary campus. It'll be May before I can attend, but I'm probably going to wait until August, depending on how long everything takes. The plan, as of now, is to get everything I need(GED scores, immunization records etc), fill out the application, and turn everything in next week at the college. I'll also sign up for the COMPASS test, in lieu of the ACT or SAT, but I probably won't be able to take it until after the new year. That's as far as my plan goes for now.

Something kind of cool happened yesterday. A family friend gave me a copy of an old yearbook of the (white) schools of my town from the 1944-1945 school year. (those schools no longer exist). Not only was it cool to see some of the older people I know now as kids and teenagers, but it actually was like a time machine back into the Leary of old. I finally got to see a photo of my great grandfather's car dealership. He sold Chevys and later, Pontiacs. Plus, with it being during World War II, they had photos of the Leary servicemen, including my grandfather and my great uncle(both brothers.) My town actually had a small,community run movie theater that showed movies 4 times a week and a community swimming pool.(I wish those existed now!)

WalshFan88
11-14-2015, 10:29 PM
Again, I have to apologize for missing everyone's posting. I wish everyone well, everyone ill or injured to get well, and sorry I've missed things here on the Border.

My 2nd and final hip replacement is done. I was NOT emotionally/mentally prepared having gone through being very ill in the hospital and then emergent gallbladder surgery that my preparedness was not there. I thought it was up to the point of the surgery but I woke up a basketcase. Depressed, in pain, and just wishing I hadn't done the surgeries.

Fast forward a couple weeks and I'm doing much, much better. I'm finally starting to get around better and things are looking up.

Having 3 surgeries in the span of 8 weeks is too much. One of them was NOT planned, and so out of left field I would have never guessed it would have happened. I was so sick but couldn't believe it needed surgery. 2 weeks after the gallbladder surgery I had my 2nd and final hip replacement. I should have spaced it out more and rescheduled but c'est la vie.

I'm starting to feel somewhat back to normal and I hope I can resume my online activities here and get back to doing everything. With the hip pain the last 6 months or so I was in bed most of the day because of the pain, that's when I knew I had to do something.

It's finally over and I'm hoping for a quiet, fun, pain-free 2016. This one about did me in.

Again I send well wishes to everyone. I hope my sporadic posting becomes more regular again.

LuvTim
11-14-2015, 11:22 PM
Wishing you well, WF88. A toast to your pain-free 2016!:cheers:

LuvTim
11-14-2015, 11:29 PM
Thanks Brooke. I'm trying to keep maintain the excitement of preparing for college as a way of not falling way down. If I have something to look forward to next year, I shouldn't be as depressed as I have been the past few years.

I received a paper application in the mail yesterday from the college. The name of the college is Bainbridge State College. (here's a photo (https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtl1/v/t1.0-9/11220926_895069467236732_8665495618560470327_n.jpg ?oh=961e83cb505a442a70489f5795f26ba0&oe=56F0437B) of the application. This is honestly the first time that college has seemed "real" to me.

I forgot that BSC has a campus in another small city that's closer to me.(30 miles, instead of 60). There are no dorms there(I don't know if there are dorms at the main campus), but I'll be selecting it as my primary campus. It'll be May before I can attend, but I'm probably going to wait until August, depending on how long everything takes. The plan, as of now, is to get everything I need(GED scores, immunization records etc), fill out the application, and turn everything in next week at the college. I'll also sign up for the COMPASS test, in lieu of the ACT or SAT, but I probably won't be able to take it until after the new year. That's as far as my plan goes for now.

Something kind of cool happened yesterday. A family friend gave me a copy of an old yearbook of the (white) schools of my town from the 1944-1945 school year. (those schools no longer exist). Not only was it cool to see some of the older people I know now as kids and teenagers, but it actually was like a time machine back into the Leary of old. I finally got to see a photo of my great grandfather's car dealership. He sold Chevys and later, Pontiacs. Plus, with it being during World War II, they had photos of the Leary servicemen, including my grandfather and my great uncle(both brothers.) My town actually had a small,community run movie theater that showed movies 4 times a week and a community swimming pool.(I wish those existed now!)

AG, keep your chin up and stubbornly refuse to give up until you get what you need. You have so much potential! I'm pulling for you and hoping everything improves for you from here on out.

sodascouts
11-16-2015, 12:04 AM
yes, good luck, AG!

Austin - I've been keeping up with your surgeries on Facebook and I'm so glad things are looking up. I can only imagine how difficult it's been!

Brooke
11-16-2015, 10:36 AM
Yes, Austin, I've been following you on Fb too and am so glad you are through the worst of it! It must have been awful! Welcome back to life and wish you a pain free holiday season and new year!

Freypower
11-16-2015, 06:41 PM
Agree with the above.:guitar::computer:

L101
11-17-2015, 08:50 AM
Austin, that's great that you are through the worst of it. My mother had one hip replaced on the 1st October so after that, I can only imagine what you went through.
Hope 2016 is much better for you! !

AlreadyGone95
11-17-2015, 03:55 PM
AG, keep your chin up and stubbornly refuse to give up until you get what you need. You have so much potential! I'm pulling for you and hoping everything improves for you from here on out.

I'm trying, but it's hard when you've been held back for most of your life. My mom has always resented or hated the fact that I'm book-smart because she isn't. She's always discouraged me when it came to academic stuff. She's begrudgingly taking me to the college either tomorrow or Thursday. If she didn't like something, she'd want me to be same as her. Likewise, because I'm clumsy and sometimes have a stutter when I speak, she'd berate me about that.
Growing up with that negativity has affected my outlook on life. I'm trying to overcome 20 years of this. I don't really want live to with her during my college years, but I probably won't have a choice. There's no dorms at all for this college, and there's no way that I could afford an apartment. I'm getting ahead of myself though;first I need to get accepted and then worry about that. I'm also trying to overcome huge social anxiety. I'm honestly scared to death of going to my old high school to try and get my transcripts. I just keep telling myself to take it one step at a time(to paraphrase a great Joe/Eagles song). Tomorrow, I hope to just get it overwith. By Thursday afternoon, I hope to have the application submitted. Again, thanks to everyone for their good luck comments :).

Austin, glad to hear that you're doing better. Here's to 2016 being great for the both of us! :cheers:

Glennsallnighter
11-17-2015, 05:26 PM
Looks like your life is looking up for 2016 AG. I hope you get into the college that you like and that you can do the history that you so love. I'm sorry that Christmas has less meaning for you now. Hopefully as you make more college friends it will begin to be a fun time for you again. Keep your chin up and think of the good times to come

Austin, like some of the other Borderers I have been following your medical progress on FB. Delighted to hear that you are feeling so much better now and that things are looking good for you. Is that the end of the Surgery road for you now?

S-C, delighted that you are enjoying your new home and that both you and your hubby are happy with your move.

Brooke, a day off and you wash windows......? WHERE do you get the energy from? (I'll have what she's eating!!)

Not a lot to report here. This year has been my most stressful in a long time (probably the worst yet). Every time I think I am out of the woods so to speak, I get hit by another tree. A lot of it just too complicated to go into. But even if I'm not posting as much here I DO think of everyone every day.

WalshFan88
11-17-2015, 08:30 PM
AG - Good luck!

DivineDon
11-19-2015, 11:18 AM
Best wishes to everyone with whatever you're going through. I know what it's like to have a horrible year but as my favourite man says 'time passes and things change' and they do - so here's wishing everyone a more stressfree time ahead.

Glennsallnighter
11-19-2015, 02:41 PM
Thanks DD - Much appreciated x

AlreadyGone95
11-19-2015, 04:19 PM
College application has been submitted. I had everything that was needed except the Compass test. I should receive an acceptance letter in the mail in the next few weeks(with next week being Thanksgiving, I'm pretty sure it'll be the week after next). Once I get it, I'll take the compass test, which will be before the end of the year. *breathes a small sigh of relief* The first step is done. Now on to the next.

I don't think that next year will be stressfree, but it'll be a different kind of stress. I'll just have to learn how to deal with it.

EaglesKiwi
11-20-2015, 05:32 AM
I've had a frantically busy year, with very little time to check in here. Fortunately more ups than downs (including passing my first university paper - at the age of 43!!), but the downs I have had have taken a lot of time to get my head around.

Going to see Fleetwood Mac tomorrow night, and I am sooo looking forward to it.

Best wishes to everyone, even if I am not posting on here I am thinking of you all.

EaglesKiwi
11-20-2015, 05:33 AM
College application has been submitted. I had everything that was needed except the Compass test. I should receive an acceptance letter in the mail in the next few weeks(with next week being Thanksgiving, I'm pretty sure it'll be the week after next). Once I get it, I'll take the compass test, which will be before the end of the year. *breathes a small sigh of relief* The first step is done. Now on to the next.

I don't think that next year will be stressfree, but it'll be a different kind of stress. I'll just have to learn how to deal with it.

Best of luck, AG.

Brooke
11-20-2015, 10:51 AM
Hang in there, EK! And have fun seeing FM! It should be awesome! :cool:

AlreadyGone95
11-21-2015, 02:25 PM
Thanks EK! Hope you enjoyed the Mac show. :)

My only remaining grandfather(pop) continues to go downhill. He spends almost all day in bed. He doesn't eat much(he is very underweight), and we believe that he has dementia. He had a big stroke about 3 years ago. He has a hard time walking, talking, and hearing. He feels left out because he can't do the things he used to. That causes him to throw fits, and try to do things that he doesn't have the ability to do anymore. A few weeks ago, he came outside in socks and without his cane to help my mom and I get the groceries in. He was stumbling around like he was drunk. I was right behind him in case he fell. Luckily, he didn't. In 2 weeks, he'll be 92. I hate seeing him like this. He's getting to be too much trouble for my grandma (shorty) to handle.

Here's for a better year next year for all of us!

Glennsallnighter
11-23-2015, 07:31 PM
You have my sympathy on this AG. My Dad who is nearly 90 is in that situation. My mother who is in her 80's is either incapable of looking after him, or unaware that he needs more help than he is getting. In the last week or two we have organised a carer who would help him but she wont let the carer in!! She thinks he is capable of dressing,shaving etc himself but realistically he isnt. Like your grandad I have called up to see him in a pyjama top with his trousers and a pullover on (inside out and or back to front), and in bad need of a shave and hair cut. My brother and I are afraid she will cancel the carer. If she does this and either of them have a fall or become ill it could put them boyh in nursing homes. But try as we will, my mother will not listen to us.

AlreadyGone95
11-24-2015, 01:06 PM
My grandma realizes that she can't take care of him and the house. My mom goes over twice a week to clean and get medicines and groceries. My uncle(the one I mention alot) goes over at least once a week to do the outside work or the harder inside work, basically whatever needs to be done. I help out when needed (walk the dog, fix the tech problems etc) (we all live less than 15 miles from each other, so it's a good system as she helps us out in return) My grandma has several health problems that make even doing a load of laundry too much at times. She's over a decade younger and still of sound mind. She tries to get him to understand that he needs to take it easy ( ;)), but he's stubborn. That's the main problem. He doesn't want to (or can't) realize that he isn't the man he once was (hard pill to swallow). There has been talk of him moving in with his younger son in Texas, but I don't think that he could handle a flight or a long car ride. A nursing home is a last resort because it'll use up all of his income and my grandma wouldn't have enough left to survive on.

For the most part, he can still dress himself and do the basic hygiene things. He can't do things like use the microwave (he's burned up 2 of them in 3 years) or cook. My grandma has to cook for him or buy lunch from one of the local restaurants. The problem is getting him to eat. Due to his very poor upbringing (sharecropping during the great depression), he only wants certain foods. Even then, he eats so little. The phrase 99 pounds soaking wet isn't far away from reality. He also falls a few times a month (no injuries yet), but I really think that he needs to be someplace else.

GA, I wish you luck with your parents. Their stubborness is great at times, but then it can be their downfall.

Brooke
11-25-2015, 02:35 PM
It's so sad to see our parents and grandparents go through these things. We moved my mom to an assisted living place on October 1st and she is still asking why she can't go back to her apartment which she hated because it was so boring. This place is much more convenient for me, one of my brothers, and most friends to visit her and she has more people around on a daily basis to talk to. The administrator called last night and is telling us that she is being rude to everyone and takes food from others if they aren't in their seats at meal times. She also tells us that she hasn't had any medication since she got there. She's a bad diabetic and has heart disease, so she has to have her meds or she'd be dead by now! She was never like this! She has some signs of dementia, but I'm thinking it's getting worse. She denies doing these things. We also told her that her next stop is a regular nursing home because all of us have jobs or commitments and can't take her in because we can't be there to give her her meds or watch what she eats. And she doesn't have to money to pay for help. We will be having another talk with her tomorrow, but I don't think it will do any good because I really don't think she knows she's doing these things. Very hard situation.

Brooke
11-27-2015, 03:59 PM
Today I am knee deep in Christmas decorations! :brickwall:

AlreadyGone95
11-27-2015, 04:08 PM
Today I am knee deep in Christmas decorations! :brickwall:

I was knee deep in them 2 weeks ago. Now I'm surrounded by them! (It's overkill imo). Tomorrow, the artificial tree goes up, which takes all afternoon. I'll soon help my uncle look for a real tree for his house. I love seeing beautiful Christmas displays and parades, but not at home, lol. Too much work involved!

Tiffanny Twisted
11-28-2015, 03:14 PM
Shopping done
Now sorting ad wrapping ugh
Went to start wrapping and I can't find the gift tags:brickwall: lol

Glennsallnighter
11-28-2015, 06:23 PM
Thats awful Brooke -I know what you are going through as it is similar with my parents. I think my mother is suffering from memory problems too - or else she is becoming slightly delusional. For instance she will tell you something a few times. Or one day when I called over after work she told me that my sister had just left. I felt that it was highly unlikely as my sister works days and calls over evenings. I checked with my sister and true enough she hadn't called in that day. However the worst was on Friday. We were discussing Christmas preparations and she asked me what Christmas presents we were buying for my husbands parents. But they are dead years now. She also has Dad dressed like a tramp because she doesn't seem to see that he is rather bedraggled and unable to select appropriate (clean) outfits without help.

They get an hour care every day from the State Health Service but she feels they don't need any help. She doesn't even let the carer IN most mornings, and he is supposed to help Dad with getting ready. My brother worked very hard to secure this and if she calls up and tells them not to come again it could be years before they could qualify for it again. We have also organised a cleaner to come in once a week to do the heavy work. Again she feels it isn't necessary as she thinks she can do it all herself but in reality she can't. She has been told that if they dont accept help and one of them has an accident or something they will BOTH end up in nursing homes but she laughs it off as nonsense.

Worst of all is that she will not accept that she is severely mobility impaired - she can barely walk around the house and is very slowing really doesn't go out unless with one of us. But she thinks 6 months or more down the road that this is only temporary and that she will be flying around soon. Her doctor has told myself and my brother that this is probably where she will plateau.

But on a GOOD note, Chris got accepted to the school of choice that we want him to go to next year. We had initially been given the impression that he had a place there. Then we were told NO he was only on the waiting list and we were advised to find another school. All the local schools were full at that stage but I could always send him where I teach myself. Anyway on Friday we got the letter to say that he is in to where he wants to go and we have 2 weeks to accept the place (and pay the fees deposit! lol)

AlreadyGone95
11-29-2015, 06:33 PM
Again, good luck with your parents, GA. My grandfather has been doing better this past week. He's been up watching tv more (not sleeping), and he's eating more as well. He actually had the strength to drive his riding lawn mower uptown to buy himself some chewing tobacco. (The sheriff has given him permission to drive the mower around town despite him not having a driver's license lol). That's the first time he's done that in a few months.

Glad that your son can go to the school that you want him to. Up until a few years ago, the only free option here was the poor public schools. If you didn't want your kid going there, you had to pay between $500-$5000 to send them elsewhere and provide transportation to and from the school, which were at least 25 miles away. Now there's an almost free charter school that you can send them to, which is the best option for most people.

I just took a nasty fall in my bedroom about an hour ago. I tripped over the carpet, and landed hard on my left side. There's no major damage, just a sore elbow, wrist, and kneecap, luckily.

LuvTim
11-29-2015, 06:54 PM
AG, sorry you took a tumble!! :-( Hope you'll be fine soon.

AlreadyGone95
11-30-2015, 01:22 AM
AG, sorry you took a tumble!! :-( Hope you'll be fine soon.

Thanks LT :). I'll just be sore for awhile. My kneecap and elbow took the brunt of the fall. I got some nasty bruises on them.

Topkat
11-30-2015, 04:49 PM
GA, sorry to hear about your parents. I know how difficult it gets when they are getting older. My dad became very stubborn as he got older. Said the cleaning lady stole things from him, so he let her go & then didn't clean much himself. He was in Florida & it was hard for me to keep taps on him. According to him, he was fine.. His mind was still very sharp, but he didn't want any help, wanted to drive at 88, when he clearly was not doing it very well. Refused to go to assisted living, unfortunately he died in the house. I felt so bad there was nobody there to help him. Felt very guilty. They said he had a stroke.

Brooke
11-30-2015, 05:42 PM
Tk, so sorry. A very tough situation for you.

Aging parents really are something to contend with. My mom was the baby of her family, spoiled, and always got her way. It seems she has reverted to that and is finding it very hard to understand that she can't have her way any longer. We have tried to talk with her and help her understand that she can't live by herself any longer and she needs to get along with her caregivers or she will make it harder on herself.

L101
11-30-2015, 05:56 PM
To everyone who is trying to cope with their elderly parents - thinking of you and hope you can get through the holiday season ok.

Here's to a happy and more prosperous 2016!! ;-)

jms18222
12-02-2015, 11:25 PM
GA sorry about your parents. My mom had dementia. We had the same conversation every 5 minutes for the last 3 years of her live. Before she passed, she would even forgot she ate. I had to cut her dinner in half because she would call my sister & tell her I wouldn't feed her.

I can laugh about it now. She called the police on me twice; once when I was bringing her groceries in. She thought I was robbing her. There were times when she genuinely did not know who I was & she saw me daily.

WalshFan88
12-03-2015, 01:54 AM
GA/Brooke - Best wishes sent to both of you.
AG - Sorry to hear that. Get well soon. :)

Glennsallnighter
12-03-2015, 12:57 PM
GA sorry about your parents. My mom had dementia. We had the same conversation every 5 minutes for the last 3 years of her live. Before she passed, she would even forgot she ate. I had to cut her dinner in half because she would call my sister & tell her I wouldn't feed her.

I can laugh about it now. She called the police on me twice; once when I was bringing her groceries in. She thought I was robbing her. There were times when she genuinely did not know who I was & she saw me daily.

Dad will also forget what he ate or whether he ate and doesn't realise that just because tea and toast will 'do' him (or so he thinks) it will not 'do' my mother. She still has a great appetite and when you put a meal doen in front of Dad he will eat well too.
My friend had a similar experience. Her mother called the guards (Irish police service) at 6am one morning. She said that my friend (her daughter) was an intruder and insisted they get her husband (a former guard who ad by then passed away). She was taken to the hospital. My friend was arrested and was not allowed accompany her. Her consultant asked where was B***** when she was admitted, and said that yes, the woman in the house was indeed her daughter. Only then was B****** released from custody and allowed rejoin her mother.
On the positive side though she did say that while the experience was very embarassing and awkward she was reassured that if there was a REAL intruder s/he would also have been treated the same way.

sad-cafe
12-06-2015, 08:17 PM
counting down the days to Christmas Break.

It has been a LONG semester and I am ready for new kids (and I wish new adults)

I need a break!!!

L101
12-11-2015, 07:42 PM
I haven't been on here much lately - as the Irish Borderer's will know, we've been having some very stormy weather in Ireland lately, and after the last storm (Storm Desmond!!) last week, the river Shannon has flooded very badly and a major flood alert is happening in several areas. The area where my Mom's house is one of the areas, so we are watching and waiting to see what happens.... The whole area around the houses is filled with sandbags to try and keep the water back and water pumps are going 24 hours a day with our neighbours doing 6 hour shifts on flood watch.

This weekend is the big weekend - if we can make it to Monday evening and keep the waters back, we should save all the houses in the area. The last major flood was in 2009 when we had to evacuate the area and a lot of houses were destroyed by flood water. So as you can expect, we are hoping that the flood defences that are set up work, so everyone, keep your fingers crossed that the rain and wind stays away for a while and the waters recede :smile:

DivineDon
12-12-2015, 05:00 AM
It's raining heavy here, Lacken at the moment. I hope you can survive it - fingers crossed :brickwall:

Brooke
12-14-2015, 10:37 AM
Hope all went well and is going well for you, Lacken!

We had rain all day yesterday-2.7 inches, but thankfully, no flooding. and it's been in the 60's. Cooling down today in to the 40's for highs. Closer to normal.

LuvTim
12-14-2015, 12:02 PM
Rained heavily here, too. Localized flooding. Watching farm and county roads closely. The usual runoff problems.
Wishing everyone well as we deal with these weather-related issues.

AlreadyGone95
12-14-2015, 06:41 PM
Hope the flood waters recede, Lacken!

The rain made its way here today. Nothing major, but trying to avoid mud and puddles while out and about has been fun. :?

L101
12-14-2015, 07:41 PM
Well, we're still waiting for the flood waters to peak - it could be Thursday when this happens but our flood barriers and pumps are working and are keeping the houses from flooding. It's been 10 days now and everyone is very tired as it is a 24 hour job keeping the pumps going - hopefully by next weekend, it will have eased off and we can all enjoy Christmas.

I was interviewed for our national radio station yesterday and it aired this morning - so I've another 15 seconds of fame as a lot of people heard it and are having great fun with it !! :grin:

Glennsallnighter
12-15-2015, 12:05 PM
What show was it on Lacken and I will see if I can get it on podcast.

L101
12-15-2015, 12:32 PM
What show was it on Lacken and I will see if I can get it on podcast.

I forget :grin:
It was Morning Ireland - fascinating stuff :-)

Brooke
12-15-2015, 04:00 PM
Lacken, I hope the flood waters recede soon for you. Sounds terrible!

AlreadyGone95
12-16-2015, 01:24 PM
Lacken, hope the flooding stops soon.

I've been sick on my stomach since early in the morning because of sinus drainage :nausea: :puke:. That's on top of the toothache (no change in that). :ack: :(. I'll spend most of today just resting.

Brooke
12-16-2015, 03:34 PM
AG, you must get straightened out! Prayers for you, poor thing!

AlreadyGone95
12-17-2015, 02:09 AM
AG, you must get straightened out! Prayers for you, poor thing!

Thanks Brooke. I'll take any prayers, good vibes etc because this toothache shows no signs of letting up. I've tried everything that I know of, even drinking alcohol, which helped temporarily. (it's legal to do so underage in your parents house if they know about in Georgia). Nothing has worked! I'm tempted to go to the ER, but they won't do anything except give me some pain medicine and tell me to see a dentist. I've used up half a tube of Orajel. I did finally manage to get the stomach problem under control. I just gotta watch what I eat for a few days. Keep away from salty, fried, or spicy foods.

LuvTim
12-17-2015, 03:05 AM
Thanks Brooke. I'll take any prayers, good vibes etc because this toothache shows no signs of letting up. I've tried everything that I know of, even drinking alcohol, which helped temporarily. (it's legal to do so underage in your parents house if they know about in Georgia). Nothing has worked! I'm tempted to go to the ER, but they won't do anything except give me some pain medicine and tell me to see a dentist. I've used up half a tube of Orajel. I did finally manage to get the stomach problem under control. I just gotta watch what I eat for a few days. Keep away from salty, fried, or spicy foods.

AG, glad your tummy feels better. I'm concerned about your broken tooth. Sending healing thoughts your way.

AlreadyGone95
12-17-2015, 03:22 AM
AG, glad your tummy feels better. I'm concerned about your broken tooth. Sending healing thoughts your way.

Thanks LT. I'm going to try to get some sleep. I've gotten 6 hours of sleep over the past 2 nights. I'm running on empty. (to quote Jackson Browne)

AlreadyGone95
12-17-2015, 11:40 AM
And the grandparents come to my rescue. My foster grandma has told both my mom and uncle to get me to the dentist and she'll pay for it. It's now a matter of getting in there. My mom has called them, and she's waiting for them to call her back. They're booked. The way it's looking, they'll might just prescribe some medicine for the time being. It'll probably be after Christmas before they can squeeze me in.

ETA: I've got an appointment for next Tuesday. They've prescribed an antibiotic and pain medication to help me until then.

DivineDon
12-17-2015, 11:49 AM
I forget :grin:
It was Morning Ireland - fascinating stuff :-)

Heard it, Lacken - very good job!!!:applause:

L101
12-17-2015, 12:58 PM
Heard it, Lacken - very good job!!!:applause:

Now I know how Don feels doing radio interviews :grin:

Brooke
12-17-2015, 05:28 PM
Wonderful, AG!

The boss took us out for a Christmas lunch today! I'm stuffed! And need a nap!

LuvTim
12-18-2015, 01:25 AM
And the grandparents come to my rescue. My foster grandma has told both my mom and uncle to get me to the dentist and she'll pay for it. It's now a matter of getting in there. My mom has called them, and she's waiting for them to call her back. They're booked. The way it's looking, they'll might just prescribe some medicine for the time being. It'll probably be after Christmas before they can squeeze me in.

ETA: I've got an appointment for next Tuesday. They've prescribed an antibiotic and pain medication to help me until then.

Very glad to hear this, AG. Big hugs.

DivineDon
12-18-2015, 05:02 AM
Now I know how Don feels doing radio interviews :grin:

And he has to sing! Maybe you should have broken out with 'Come Rain or Come Shine'! :drummer:

L101
12-18-2015, 12:30 PM
And he has to sing! Maybe you should have broken out with 'Come Rain or Come Shine'! :drummer:

Lol :-)

AlreadyGone95
12-18-2015, 02:45 PM
Very glad to hear this, AG. Big hugs.

Thanks LT :). Hopefully, the next few days will be bearable, at least.

AlreadyGone95
12-19-2015, 09:14 PM
My mom has hit a deer on the highway outside of town. It's messed up the bumper,head lights, and the radiator support. Not sure if it's deiveable or not. We're waiting for a deputy to show up to file a report. This is on top of my uncle's van quit working this morning. It's taken all day for him to replace the starter in his van. Now, he's having to look at our car!

Today has not been a good day!

DJ
12-19-2015, 09:17 PM
Sorry for your vehicle troubles AG95! I had to put a water pump and knew belts in my Yukon this past week. Many $$$$.
Anyway..Two more Christmas presents to arrive Monday and I'm done. I did a lot of online shopping this year, I despise store shopping. Opening gift with my kids on wed. evening and than on to the inlaws for Christmas.......;-)

AlreadyGone95
12-19-2015, 09:48 PM
We've got the car home. Mom managed to drive it the few miles home. The whole front end is bent, buckled, cracked, or damage. My mom was going the speed limit when she hit it. We're lucky thar it didn't go through the windshield. It's a possibility that the frame may be bent. Mom will file an insurance report on Monday. The car isn't worth much, so I hope that the repair costs don't outnumber the car's value. :pray:.

Brooke
12-21-2015, 11:05 AM
AG, so sorry to hear this. We've hit deer a couple times and it's very scary at the time. Glad no one was hurt and hopefully the car can be fixed.

WalshFan88
12-22-2015, 05:13 AM
AG - sorry to hear.

Lacken - very cool! :)

Brooke - congrats.

----

Things are going ok here for the most part. Physical therapy is kicking my butt, but in general I'm doing good considering I just had two hip replacements and my gallbladder out in the span of 3 months.

Looking forward to the holidays, my AC/DC concert in February, and Florida in March.

Brooke
12-23-2015, 11:10 AM
Glad you are doing well, Austin! Keep up the good work!

AlreadyGone95
12-23-2015, 01:48 PM
Glad that you're getting better, Austin! :)

Insurance will pay for the repairs of the car after my mom pays the deductible. It sucks tobe without a car at Christmas time, but at least it's only a car.

Insurance also paid for my tooth to be filled yesterday. They've changed the age limit of full coverage from 20 to 21, which means that everything is covered until my next birthday. The staff at the dentist office also gave me a nice Christmas surprise. They gave me a card and told me to enjoy. The surprise was that they had chipped in to give me some money to spend on whatever I wanted. They had asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I said nothing because I hadn't had a Christmas want list in a few years, so I guess that while I had tooth filled, they came up with that idea. It really surprised me!

I haven't heard anything from the college since I turned in the application. I know that it's the holidays and all, but I should've heard something, a letter or a phone call. After the new year, I'm going to call them and see what's going on.

Brooke
12-23-2015, 02:52 PM
AG, you have a cool dentis office! How nice of them!

I hope you hear from your college soon. I'm sure you will!

AlreadyGone95
12-26-2015, 06:07 PM
Guys, I'd really appreciate it if you could keep my area (southwest Georgia) in your thoughts and prayers. While it's not affecting me personally, there's major flooding happening here. Because of all the rain that fell just north of here, all creeks are at or above their flood stage level. Evacuations have been advised. People have had to be rescued because the water rose so rapidly. The water level will continue to rise until cresting sometime next week. The main river, the Flint River, will crest at 36 feet, which is almost 10 feet above flood stage.

On a personal note, this morning at around 3:30 am, my foster grandmother caught my grandfather walking out of their driveway and into the road, which is a very busy state highway. My grandfather had no idea what he was doing. The alarm that goes off anytime someone opens the front or back door didn't go off (the battery had come loose.) I'm just glad that my grandma managed to catch him before something bad happened.

ETA: here is a photo of the Flint River in Albany that was taken by a local weatherman.
http://rs1283.pbsrc.com/albums/a552/kim_dixon2/Mobile%20Uploads/1486008_1016576795068649_2712477861555299079_o_zps hbqugxtv.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Glennsallnighter
12-26-2015, 07:08 PM
Austin glad you are making good progress. I hope you have a great 2016.

AG, glad that the car can be repaired - its awful to write off a car when you can't afford to replace it. Hope the college application goes well for you, and that your state does not have too much flooding to overcome

LuvTim
12-26-2015, 10:04 PM
AG, prayers are being said.

AlreadyGone95
12-27-2015, 01:57 PM
It's officially the worst flood in over 20 years! Several major roads have been closed due to flooding. There's more rain forecasted for this week, at least a few inches. :?

Brooke
12-28-2015, 04:10 PM
Hope it quits soon AG! We are getting it now although its not nearly as bad here in NE MO as it is in the southern half of the state.

AlreadyGone95
01-02-2016, 02:16 PM
I've been sick with a 24 hour type stomach bug, but I'm over it for the most part.

Today marks the 9th anniversary of my dad's passing. It doesn't seem like it's been 9 years, though.

My brother recently proposed to his girlfriend, and she said yes. They're planning a wedding later this year, but I doubt that I'll be there since he lives in Texas.

I think that the rain has finally left. About 18-20 inches fell in about 10 days' time.

DJ
01-10-2016, 09:50 PM
Exciting news AG.on wedding in future! I hope you are feeling better soon. I had tooth problems in Dec. NOT fun.
My daughter moved out :weep:. My son went back to college after Christmas break :weep:. So pretty sad these days. Health has been pretty good. Although I have a lump on my back I have to get checked out. It hurts to lay on that side :thumbsdown: Hope it's nothing.......On a good note we purchased a new Truck yesterday. A very nice GMC to get around in this MT snow. I'll admit I had to read the manual to figure out all the bells and whistles. We had our Yukon for 12 years and it was going to nickel and dime us in repairs. I will say they sure want a lot of $$ for new vehicles. I about fainted when I saw how much a new Yukon was or one that was only a few yrs. old. Whew. But this truck should last us a long time.

LuvTim
01-10-2016, 11:11 PM
Exciting news AG.on wedding in future! I hope you are feeling better soon. I had tooth problems in Dec. NOT fun.
My daughter moved out :weep:. My son went back to college after Christmas break :weep:. So pretty sad these days. Health has been pretty good. Although I have a lump on my back I have to get checked out. It hurts to lay on that side :thumbsdown: Hope it's nothing.......On a good note we purchased a new Truck yesterday. A very nice GMC to get around in this MT snow. I'll admit I had to read the manual to figure out all the bells and whistles. We had our Yukon for 12 years and it was going to nickel and dime us in repairs. I will say they sure want a lot of $$ for new vehicles. I about fainted when I saw how much a new Yukon was or one that was only a few yrs. old. Whew. But this truck should last us a long time.

DJ, first, congrats on the new wheels! Enjoy!
Second, I'm so sorry you're in a sad place right now, but I know you know it will get better. Bless you.
And best, best wishes for healing with your back. Take care, friend. Hugs.

Brooke
01-11-2016, 05:11 PM
DJ, congrats on the new truck! Enjoy!

And prayers for better days ahead! :hug:

DJ
01-11-2016, 06:55 PM
Thanks everyone. I have a Dr. Appt. tomorrow. I feel in my intuition it is nothing. But my Mom had a lump on her back which was cancer. So it's scary, but then again I didn't smoke or have ever smoked. And hers was that Mesothelioma from asbestos of which a long time ago a lot of things had asbestos in them, houses, airports, military bases and factories just to name a few. So I'm being positive, which is also my new year resolution. Think
PMA (Positive Mental Attitude)

Midnight_Flyer
01-13-2016, 10:09 AM
due to have a baby in may.....a little girl :)

LuvTim
01-13-2016, 11:48 AM

Such good news. Congrats! :smile:

Midnight_Flyer
01-13-2016, 12:05 PM
Such good news. Congrats! :smile:

thank you :)

Brooke
01-13-2016, 09:21 PM
LT, how exciting! Congrats!

I'm off work today and the rest of the week babysitting my nearly two years old grandson. Their regular babysitter had to go help her daughter who just had a baby and that leaves me! He's such fun, but such a busybody! I'm worn out after one day.

Eta: sorry MF! That should have been for you! Lol

DivineDon
01-14-2016, 11:16 AM

Congratulations MF, that's wonderful news - keep well :smile:

Midnight_Flyer
01-14-2016, 01:15 PM

Brooke
01-14-2016, 03:52 PM
MF got you confused with LT! Sorry and congrats!

Grandson is napping so I'm catching up here!

NOLA
01-14-2016, 04:15 PM
MF, congrats on your upcoming arrival! :)

L101
01-14-2016, 04:30 PM
MF - congrats on the great news !!

The floods around my house are finally receding!! I can now get to my car without jumping over BIG puddles - it will take another two weeks or so before the water pumps will be turned off and then we hope that the water stays down....

Then the clean-up starts.......:grin:

Midnight_Flyer
01-14-2016, 04:37 PM
MF got you confused with LT! Sorry and congrats

it's ok lol :)

Midnight_Flyer
01-14-2016, 04:38 PM
thanks all :thumbsup:

WalshFan88
01-17-2016, 05:37 AM
MF - congrats!

-----

Well I think my hip replacement recovery is finally over. I'm pretty much out of precautions, finished physical therapy, and on to bigger and better things. I'm so glad to be out of pain and be able to hopefully be more active this year.

Midnight_Flyer
01-17-2016, 06:40 AM

AlreadyGone95
01-17-2016, 02:19 PM
MF- congrats from me as well.

My brother's wedding has been set for the end of September. They decided to get married on the beach in Florida(gulf of Mexico), so that our 95 year old nana, who will be 96 by then, can attend the wedding.

My grandfather continues to get worse. At 4 am yesterday morning, my grandmother found him on the kitchen floor. He had just slipped and fell while trying to get a light bulb to change the lamp in his room! Instead of calling 911 or at least calling my mom or my uncle, my grandmother decided to get him up and back to bed herself. While my grandfather doesn't weigh much, my grandmother is very short and has heart problems. It took her over an hour to get him back to bed. My grandfather refuses to stay in bed. It takes all he can do to go into the kitchen or the bathroom, which are the rooms right next to his bedroom! My grandmother can't handle him by herself, but she continues to try, which is a danger to both of them!

I spent time last weekend with a friend whom I hadn't seen in over 3 years.(he spent the night at my uncle's) He's a good decade older than me and has always liked to drink alcohol. He lost his dad about 6 months ago, and he's been down ever since. Plus he has a physical disability as well. He's committing slow suicide by drinking. I've seen people drink, but not like this. In 24 hours, he drank 1/2 gallon rum, several shots of Whiskey, 2 mixed drinks, and a bud light lime-a-rita. At 7 o'clock in the morning, he wanted to drink more shots. He admits that he has a problem, but he hasn't done anything about it. I'm afraid that soon he'll die of alcohol poisoning if he doesn't change soon.

Midnight_Flyer
01-17-2016, 03:14 PM
MF- congrats from me as well.

AlreadyGone95
01-20-2016, 01:55 AM
On top of the huge sorrow and depression I feel because of Glenn's death, my grandfather is not doing well. Besides what happened a few days ago, the night before last (Sunday night), my grandmother awoke at 3 am to find her husband taking the sharp kitchen knives and placing them in spots around the house. He had no idea why he was doing it. My grandmother said that that is the first time that she's ever been scared of him. Not only that, but he was also going to leave to up to the gas station for something, but he didn't know what. Yesterday morning, she fixed him his usually big breakfast, and he couldn't eat it. He's beyond being skinny at 5 foot 9 and 110 ppunds. He's also having little mini strokes (he had one big one over 3 years ago). My pop is no longer the pop I used to know.

LuvTim
01-20-2016, 02:11 AM
On top of the huge sorrow and depression I feel because of Glenn's death, my grandfather is not doing well. Besides what happened a few days ago, the night before last (Sunday night), my grandmother awoke at 3 am to find her husband taking the sharp kitchen knives and placing them in spots around the house. He had no idea why he was doing it. My grandmother said that that is the first time that she's ever been scared of him. Not only that, but he was also going to leave to up to the gas station for something, but he didn't know what. Yesterday morning, she fixed him his usually big breakfast, and he couldn't eat it. He's beyond being skinny at 5 foot 9 and 110 ppunds. He's also having little mini strokes (he had one big one over 3 years ago). My pop is no longer the pop I used to know.

AG, I'm sorry you're going through so much right now.

AlreadyGone95
01-21-2016, 08:42 AM
Thanks LT. Now, I'm physically sick. Either I've picked up a bug or this is my body's way or reacting to emotional and mental anguish I've been feeling. My stomach hurts(cramping and burning), I've had diarrhea, and I feel mildly nauseous now. If it doesn't clear up within a few hours, I'll be at the doctor's office. Add on top of this, a 3rd night in a row of about 3 hours of sleep. I fall asleep, but then wake up in about 30 minutes.

AlreadyGone95
01-21-2016, 12:39 PM
I've got a doctor's appointment at 2:30 this afternoon. My symptoms haven't eased up, and my mom thinks that it's best if I go to the doctor.

jms18222
01-21-2016, 02:16 PM
Feel better AG.

sodascouts
01-21-2016, 03:12 PM
Yes, hopefully the doctor can help.

Outlawman13
01-21-2016, 06:18 PM
I hope you guys feel lots better!!

I haven't been feeling good for the last week!! I've been feeling faint, my body kind of hurts, and just can't cope with Glenn's passing!! I've been crying soo much, but I feel better with listening to the Eagles and Glenn's beautiful voice.

AlreadyGone95
01-21-2016, 06:41 PM
My doctor is treating this as a stomach bug for now. The burning is not part of a typical bug. It didn't go away even when I took my daily antacid medicine, so that had my doctor a bit puzzled, especially given my past history with stomach problems. I have medicine for nausea and cramping. I've been told to rest. If I'm not better by Monday, I need to go back to the doctor.

Lisa
01-21-2016, 10:01 PM
Well, it's January. Blizzards and ice storms. Winter weather could have some kind of effect on health.
I hope everyone's starting to get better, (after so many calamities).

AlreadyGone95
01-23-2016, 02:51 AM
I feel for everyone who is dealing with all of the snow from the storm. Down here, it's cold and windy. (Gusts up to 30 MPH.) I just got back from my uncle's a little while ago. Because of all of the rain we've had in the past month, the ground is heavily saturated, which makes trees fall over very easily. At about 11 pm, his electricity went off. A tree must've fallen on the lines. While we couldn't find out where the tree had fallen, we did see something that is super rare here, snow flurries. No accumulation, but still cool. My uncle was still without power at 1:00 am when he took me home.

As for myself, the diarrhea has stopped, but the burning/cramping in my stomach and the nausea hasn't changed. I'm really starting to feel the effects of 4 nearly sleepless nights.

sad-cafe
01-24-2016, 08:10 PM
just living time waiting for sumer

AlreadyGone95
01-24-2016, 09:48 PM
Whatever I have has not improved, and today, it has been worse. I'll be heading back to the doctor tomorrow.

sad-cafe
01-24-2016, 09:50 PM
please take care and do go to the doctor

watchtower
01-24-2016, 10:25 PM
Just started my second job. Working as a caretaker in a swanky high rise in downtown Dallas. Less sleep but more money.

Outlawman13
01-25-2016, 12:10 AM
Alreadygone, please take care of yourself!!! Going back to the doctor will be the best idea!!

Watchtower, I hope your second job will be good to you

sad-cafe
01-25-2016, 12:49 AM
back to work tomorrow.

wish we could get time off to grieve. I won't be worth much in my classroom.

We had major vehicles issue this week and had to call in unexpectedly on Friday so I am probably in trouble for that. but I don't care.

sad-cafe
01-25-2016, 12:51 AM
hey.

got my last guitar tonight.

Sad that it had to be this topic that brought it there.

you all are the best.

Outlawman13
01-25-2016, 12:59 AM
I know the feeling of going back to work after all of this!! I had to go back last Tuesday after knowing that Glenn passed!!! Broke my heart and couldn't function all that well!!

So cool that you got your guitar!! Which one is it? A bass guitar? This board is the best board I've ever been on for sure

UndertheWire
01-25-2016, 08:37 AM
I'm in the lull of the storm of my father-in-law no longer being able to cope on his own. There's obviously some dementia involved which makes it tricky as much of the time he seems pretty sensible for a man of his age but then there will be something absurd. I'm having to keep away from direct contact as he's convinced himself that I've "gone nuts". For about 3 weeks, neither my husband nor I were able to do much work because there was a new crisis every day. He's now back home (a 3-hour drive away) with visits from daily careworkers and grocery deliveries while we wait for him to be assessed and for our Power of Attorney application to be processed. Until the next crisis.

AlreadyGone95
01-25-2016, 09:45 AM
Doctor's appointment today at 1:15 pm. I'm thinking that this may be whatever problem I've had for the past 5 years, which has never been properly diagnosed. If it is it, this is the worst flare up I've ever had.

Watchtower, good luck with the new job.

UtW, good luck with your father-in-law.

AlreadyGone95
01-25-2016, 05:52 PM
Well, I still don't have a full answer for what I have. For now, my doctor is calling it an "intestinal infection". I had a few tests done, and should have the results sometime between Thursday- next Monday. We'll go from there. My doctor also gave me 2 very powerful antibiotics that should help. I've lost nearly 6 pounds since Thursday, and have also started to run a low grade fever today, which has me feeling very tired and rundown. I hope to start feeling better soon.

LuvTim
01-25-2016, 09:24 PM
Well, I still don't have a full answer for what I have. For now, my doctor is calling it an "intestinal infection". I had a few tests done, and should have the results sometime between Thursday- next Monday. We'll go from there. My doctor also gave me 2 very powerful antibiotics that should help. I've lost nearly 6 pounds since Thursday, and have also started to run a low grade fever today, which has me feeling very tired and rundown. I hope to start feeling better soon.

AG, glad you saw the doctor. Here's hoping you'll be much improved real soon. :smile:

UndertheWire
01-26-2016, 11:07 AM
AG, I hope the antibiotics do the trick and you feel better soon.

WalshFan88
01-27-2016, 05:28 AM
Get well soon AG!

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law UTW.

Good luck Watchtower.

UndertheWire
01-27-2016, 08:38 AM
Thanks, Austin. I hope your recovery is going well.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-27-2016, 06:18 PM
Prayers and blessings for all who need them

Outlawman13
01-28-2016, 01:12 AM
I hope all goes well with the surgery and doctor's appointments.

AlreadyGone95
01-28-2016, 11:36 AM
Update on college: No, I haven't forgotten about it, but for these past few weeks, it hasn't been on my mind much. On Tuesday, my mom went by the college to see what was going on because I still hadn't heard anything. The people there said that since I'm waiting until August to start, my application may have been put on hold to allow those for the summer classes to be processed, or else they never did anything with it. A lady was supposed to call me yesterday, and let me know if I needed to redo everything or not. She never called! :brickwall:

As for my illness, I'm about the same. Still running a on/off fever, and having the problems. I'll be glad when I get the test results back.

Brooke
01-28-2016, 02:24 PM
Update on college: No, I haven't forgotten about it, but for these past few weeks, it hasn't been on my mind much. On Tuesday, my mom went by the college to see what was going on because I still hadn't heard anything. The people there said that since I'm waiting until August to start, my application may have been put on hold to allow those for the summer classes to be processed, or else they never did anything with it. A lady was supposed to call me yesterday, and let me know if I needed to redo everything or not. She never called! :brickwall:

As for my illness, I'm about the same. Still running a on/off fever, and having the problems. I'll be glad when I get the test results back.

Keep calling her till you get an answer, AG. And hope you get well soon!

Glennsallnighter
01-29-2016, 05:43 PM
Its stress upon stress upon stress. My mother is back in hospital, so we are having to care for dad between myself my brother and my sister. He doesn't understand whats happening as he is mid-late stage Alzheimers. Really he should be in residential care by now but my mother is very strongwilled and will not allow him to.
I'm trying to move on from Glenn :heart:s death but it is so hard. I know I have to but in some ways too it seems disloyal to him to start having fun when he is only barely gone. I just don't know anything anymore/

Outlawman13
01-29-2016, 08:50 PM
I'm so sorry Liz that your mom is in the hospital and about your dad!! I'm the same way Liz (right now) about Glenn! It still doesn't seem possible that he has passed!! In words of a great Eagle's song: You Are Not Alone! I'm still fricking depressed too

LuvTim
01-29-2016, 10:13 PM
Its stress upon stress upon stress. My mother is back in hospital, so we are having to care for dad between myself my brother and my sister. He doesn't understand whats happening as he is mid-late stage Alzheimers. Really he should be in residential care by now but my mother is very strongwilled and will not allow him to.
I'm trying to move on from Glenn :heart:s death but it is so hard. I know I have to but in some ways too it seems disloyal to him to start having fun when he is only barely gone. I just don't know anything anymore/

GA, I'm so sorry about your current stress and troubles. :hug:

MaryCalifornia
01-30-2016, 02:38 AM
I don't post in this thread very often - my thoughts are with all of my border friends who have trouble or tough times.

So apparently the children's activities do not grind to a halt during mom's sad times.

14-year old boy tonight playing lead on Foo Fighters' Breed - it was rad. He plays with School of Rock - it's a music lesson store and if you're in the performance group, you learn a genre of songs for about 3 months and then play one show - tonight was Foo Fighters and Nirvana

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a523/marymansfield/IMG_1887_zpsm5jje2h4.jpg

New digitals of the 10-year-old girl, she's been modeling for about a year. Big editorial feature coming out in March in the NY Times Style Magazine, I will post it here for sure

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a523/marymansfield/MaeveM015_zpsaatgdf6z.jpg

I'm exhausted.

zeldabjr
01-30-2016, 03:58 AM
wow MC...talented and beautiful children...must get it from their mom huh?

DivineDon
01-30-2016, 08:31 AM

So sorry GA about your mom. I know you feel desolate but maybe looking after your dad will just take your mind off of the constant sadness you feel. It's amazing how sometimes things happen to distract you to get through bad times. I know when I was so sick last year I didn't know what to do and then my dad got very ill and I just had to cope - I couldn't think about myself there was too much to do. It was really tough but I survived and you will too.

WalshFan88
01-31-2016, 06:52 AM
GA - So sorry to hear that.

MC - Awesome.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-31-2016, 10:23 AM
I don't post in this thread very often - my thoughts are with all of my border friends who have trouble or tough times.

So apparently the children's activities do not grind to a halt during mom's sad times.

14-year old boy tonight playing lead on Foo Fighters' Breed - it was rad. He plays with School of Rock - it's a music lesson store and if you're in the performance group, you learn a genre of songs for about 3 months and then play one show - tonight was Foo Fighters and Nirvana

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a523/marymansfield/IMG_1887_zpsm5jje2h4.jpg

New digitals of the 10-year-old girl, she's been modeling for about a year. Big editorial feature coming out in March in the NY Times Style Magazine, I will post it here for sure

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a523/marymansfield/MaeveM015_zpsaatgdf6z.jpg

I'm exhausted.

Nope no rest for weary moms
But they are beautiful and worth it

LuvTim
01-31-2016, 11:13 PM
MC, such attractive and talented young people. :smile: I know you're one proud Mama.

Brooke
02-01-2016, 02:26 PM
Ga, hang in there. I'm so sorry about your mom and dad's situation.

mc, what talented kids you have! Congrats!

NightMistBlue
02-01-2016, 03:03 PM
MC, you have beautiful children!

L101
02-01-2016, 04:18 PM
GA - It's a new month, so hopefully things will be better soon...Hang in there

MC - great photos and kids !!

Outlawman13
02-01-2016, 04:46 PM
MC love those pictures of the children!

AlreadyGone95
02-02-2016, 01:18 AM
MC- beautiful kids. You must be very proud!

GA- best of luck with your parents. My grandfather is still doing very badly, but he won't get better. We're looking into getting a day nurse to come out there.

I'm still very sick, same problems. I haven't heard anything from the doctor's about the test results yet.:roll: it's been a week since the test was done. The antibiotics that I have been put on have some horrible side effects. Overwhelming weakness, headache with nausea, and joint pain are the worst effects. I just got home from my uncle's. I've had some type of "attack". For the past 4 hours I've been short of breath, lightheaded, have had a pulse of 95-105, and have been feeling flushed. Don't know what is causing this problem. I'm going to bed soon, and hopefully will feel better in the morning.

Outlawman13
02-02-2016, 01:30 AM
Wow Kim!! I sure hope all gets better soon!! If you start feeling faint, seeing spots, and slipping into darkness, be sure to go back to the doctor! It might be something super serious! That's how I was when I had my ulcer!

Brooke
02-02-2016, 10:18 AM
AG, hope you are better and hoping you called that dr.

AlreadyGone95
02-03-2016, 02:00 PM
I called the doctor yesterday, and the results still weren't in. I feel better than I did night before last, though. I'll be glad when I get done with this medicine, though.

Outlawman13
02-03-2016, 11:26 PM
I'm glad that you feel better Kim!! I hope the results come in quick

AlreadyGone95
02-05-2016, 01:25 AM
Still no results :enraged:. The good news is that I do feel some better. My appetite is almost normal, which is a good thing.

Bad news is that I lost my favorite pet not quite 2 hours ago. My uncle's cat, Pumpkin, and I had a bond like no other, best buddies. He was fine just a few days ago, and then he got sick really fast. I was able to see him before he passed. He recognized me, and blinked his eyes and meowed, like he was saying goodbye. I've had many cats in my life, but Pumpkin was one of, if not the most, special cats I've had. :weep:

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a552/kim_dixon2/Mobile%20Uploads/10516614_934580949952250_6260816557861747153_n_zps f6e8hdag.jpg

On top of this, my grandfather fell and brusied himself up yesterday. Not horribly bad, but it's now clear that he is a danger to himself. My grandmother won't do anything to help him, except get back up and put him into the bed. She is ready for him to leave this life, so that's why she doesn't get help. My grandfather can't speak for himself anymore, so it's up to us to do so for him. My mom, my uncle, and myself all want what's best for him, which is now a nursing home. If he falls and breaks a bone or dies other severe damage, we're obligated to alert the authorities, in order to override my grandmother. Right now, it's a no win situation. Being his spouse, she gets to make the decisions, but her decision to do nothing is making her husband suffer more than he has to. :brickwall: :( :worried:

NOLA
02-05-2016, 07:52 AM
Sorry to hear about Pumpkin, AG. It's never easy when beloved pets cross over the Rainbow Bridge. My sympathies to you and your uncle at this time. :(

---------

Back in NOLA for Mardi Gras! So good to see old friends again and cut loose for a while. Well, at least until Tuesday at midnight. 🎊⚜🎷🎉

Brooke
02-05-2016, 11:28 AM
AG, so sorry to hear of your loss of Pumpkin and your grandfather's poor health. Pumpkin was a pretty boy.

LuvTim
02-05-2016, 02:12 PM
AG, I'm hoping everything improves for you and your family real soon.

So sad you lost your special kitty. :sad:

Outlawman13
02-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Kim, I'm sorry that your favvie cat had to pass on! It's always so hard to say goodbye to those special animals that form a bond with you!

AlreadyGone95
02-06-2016, 03:52 AM
Thanks everyone. I spent most of yesterday at my uncle's. It felt so weird to not see him looking for me, but at least I had 9 years with him. My uncle made a wooden cross with Pumpkin's name on it, and placed it in the ground where he buried him.

jms18222
02-06-2016, 03:27 PM
Kim...so sorry about your cat. I couldn't imagine that happening.

With your grandfather, you can override your grandmother but it is complicated. PM me if you need advice or just want a shoulder to lean on.

AlreadyGone95
02-09-2016, 12:40 AM
Thoughts/prayers appreciated. I'm at the ER. I had another "attack" like I did a few days ago. It's been going on for over 3 hours. Plus, there's been a relaspe in the other problem. I'm waiting to be seen.

LuvTim
02-09-2016, 05:13 AM
Sending hugs and best thoughts, Kim. 🌹 :-)

WalshFan88
02-09-2016, 05:35 AM
Sorry to hear that AG.

AlreadyGone95
02-09-2016, 05:42 AM
Thanks LT. Over 5 hours later, 2 ekgs, god knows how much blood drawn, a liter of fluids, chest x-rays, urine tests, blood clot tests, and thyroid tests, I know NOTHING!!! :cuss::cuss:. They don't know exactly what it is. I've been referred to a cardiologist. I've also been told to go to my doctor to have him do more tests.

I do feel some better, but my heart is still a bit fast, and I feel some pain/pressure in my chest. :worried:

My mom and I are gonna stop at a McDonalds on the way home, and then I'm going to try and crash for a few hours as it's nearly 5 am here.

AlreadyGone95
02-09-2016, 12:06 PM
I feel ok after getting about 4 hours of sleep. Naturally, I'm very tired, but apart from some mild pain/discomfort in my chest, I don't feel like I did several hours ago. I've made an appointment with my regular doctor for Thursday morning. I'll just try and keep a close eye on things until then. I'll call the cardiologist tomorrow when I (hopefully) have a clear head on my shoulders to be able to answer any questions.

Outlawman13
02-09-2016, 12:14 PM
Wow!! I hate it when the doctors don't know what is causing the pain! I'm so glad that you are hanging in there Kim!

AlreadyGone95
02-09-2016, 12:28 PM
Wow!! I hate it when the doctors don't know what is causing the pain! I'm so glad that you are hanging in there Kim!

On top of this, I never received anything for pain. (I'd rate the pain I had between a 4-8 because it it was mild to moderate constantly, and I would ger these short bursts of sharp severe pain). They thought that it could be dehydration, but after a liter of fluids, my heart rate was still anywhere from 95-120. It'd go down, but then it would jump right back up. (My normal rate is 80). I was told that if it happens again, come back and I will be admitted for further testing. (The ER that I went to is the best one within southwest Georgia.)

I've just have to tough it out until Thursday.

AlreadyGone95
02-10-2016, 03:33 PM
I've made an appointment with the cardiologist for March 1st, in the afternoon. It's not quite as long of a wait as I thought that it would be, only 3 weeks.

L101
02-11-2016, 11:26 AM
Sitting at home, with my leg up on the couch - I've torn ligaments in my knee, so waiting on an MRI to confirm it - but at least the painkillers are working :grin:

Brooke
02-11-2016, 01:18 PM
Lacken, yikes! That does not sound fun at all!

Please, everyone get well!

AlreadyGone95
02-11-2016, 01:21 PM
I hope that your knee isn't too badly injured, Lacken.

My doctor is treating me for anxiety and fast heart rate. He thinks that that is the root cause of my problems. With my stomach problems he wants to see if we can get the other under control first, and see if the stomach problems go away after that happens. If not, I'll be seeing a GI doctor. He wants me to keep the appointment for the cardiologist in case it is something more than just anxiety.

When he checked my heart rate, it was anywhere from 125-140. I'm still having mild-moderate chest discomfort and pain, with pressure. It feels like someone has a 10 pound weight right over my heart.

Outlawman13
02-12-2016, 07:17 PM
I'm sorry that you have torn ligaments Lacken!! I sure do hope those heal real soon

Wow Kim!! Hope your stomach problems get better and your heart rate goes down

AlreadyGone95
02-12-2016, 07:49 PM
Thanks OM. I'll be keeping a close check on everything over the next 2 weeks. I'm scared of taking the one of the medicines I was prescribed(Paxil). I've heard too much bad things about the potential side effects, which are worse in people under 25. I've heard of the law suits because of it, and I think that risks involved outweigh the good factors of it. When I go back to my doctor, I'm going to tell him that I don't like the idea of taking a mind altering drug like it. I've seen what happens to people who become addicted to these drugs, and don't want to be one of them.

My heart rate today has been between 85-105, which isn't too bad. I'm on a beta blocker, so my heart rate should go down.

Outlawman13
02-12-2016, 08:10 PM
I'm one of those people who hates taking pills as well!! It really does prey on your mind! So glad that your heart rate is going down though! I hope all will be fine soon

jms18222
02-13-2016, 01:49 PM
Sitting at home, with my leg up on the couch - I've torn ligaments in my knee, so waiting on an MRI to confirm it - but at least the painkillers are working :grin:

I know the feeling. I am at 8 weeks with my foot/ankle, still not able to drive since it's my right foot. I am putting off rehab until it gets warmer here and hopefully I can drive the 5 miles.

Feel better.

WalshFan88
02-14-2016, 04:59 AM
Feel better Lacken and AG...

---

For the moment things are going ok here. Gearing up for my AC/DC concert next weekend and my trip to Florida next month.

AlreadyGone95
02-17-2016, 04:31 PM
Hope you enjoy the AC/DC concert, Austin!

We haven't had any major problems with my grandfather since Sunday morning, when my grandmother found him on the bedroom floor very early in the morning. He was ok, luckily.

I'll be going back to the doctors office tomorrow. Because of the medicine I'm on, my immune system isn't very strong. My usual wintertime sinus/allergies problems has turned into bronchitis over the past few days.

Outlawman13
02-17-2016, 05:30 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about that Kim! I hate getting bronchitis!!

Have fun at the AC/DC concert Austin (lucky)! LOL

SilverAcidRayne
02-17-2016, 05:38 PM
PMS. Hot flashes. Lol

I wish everyone a speedy recovery. :)

sad-cafe
02-18-2016, 11:02 PM
Feel better Lacken and AG...

---

For the moment things are going ok here. Gearing up for my AC/DC concert next weekend and my trip to Florida next month.

oh where are you seeing AC/DC at? Hubby is going on the 29th in Kansas City

AlreadyGone95
02-19-2016, 01:07 AM
My doctor confirmed that it was bronchitis, so now I'm on medicine to help fight that. I am experiencing another anxiety attack at the moment, but it's not as bad as the other ones. My stomach problems haven't been quite as severe as they were a week ago.

I went to the college after I saw my doctor. They still had no record of me at all. The lady in charge had me fill out another application and made a copy of my ID. I have to redo everything. They should start processing it on Monday. This time I went to the campus I want to attend, so it can't get lost in the mail. (There are 3 different campuses in the 3 cities for this state college). I'll have to take my GED transcript to the school so they can make another copy, as well as get my immunization records. They can bypass my high school transcript since I have a GED instead. Both my doctor and the campus are only a few miles apart from each other, so since I have a follow-up doctor's appointment next Thursday, I plan to turn the rest of the things then. Then, I'll set up a date for the Compass test. I hope that this time it isn't all for naught.

I also had a very serious talk with my mom earlier. I talked about all of the different problems I've had so far (ADHD/Anxiety/depression etc). I've done some research about the "quirks" that I have, to see if there may be an underlining cause. I'm thinking that I may have something like Asbergers Syndrome. I told my mom this, and we went over the signs of Asbergers in kids and adults. On all but one of the signs, my mom said "that describes you". I plan to mention this to my doctor on Thursday.

Nothing bad to report with my grandfather.

Until Thursday, I'm just gonna try to take it easy (pun intended), get over this bronchitis, and try to keep the anxiety in check, if possible.

LuvTim
02-19-2016, 01:18 AM
Best wishes on everything, AG.

WalshFan88
02-19-2016, 04:49 PM
oh where are you seeing AC/DC at? Hubby is going on the 29th in Kansas City

St. Louis

NightMistBlue
02-24-2016, 01:55 PM
St. Louis

How was the AC/DC show, Austin? I'm seeing them next month.

jms18222
02-25-2016, 05:15 PM
Oncologist tomorrow cardiologist Monday then I need to set-up an orthopedic visit to get rehab started on my foot & ankle.

AlreadyGone95
02-26-2016, 02:59 PM
Best of luck with all of those doctors, JMS! Hope that your ankle has healed well.

I had a follow up appointment with my doctor yesterday. He still thinks that most of my physical problems are being caused by anxiety or something similar. I've had a few mild "attacks" over the past 2 weeks and my stomach problem comes and goes. Since I decided against taking any mind altering medicines right off the bat, my doctor is setting me up with a therapist. I want to try other routes before taking that kind of drug. I should get an appointment sometime next week. I go back for another follow up appointment with my doctor in a month. I do have some medicine that helps when the stomach problems get too bad, so I can handle it now.

I've redone everything for college. I turned in the last of the paper requirements yesterday. Now, I just have to submit the FASFA and take the Compass test. I've signed up to take the Compass test this coming Wednesday afternoon at the college. Between now and then, I'll do the FASFA. After Wednesday, the college will start to process everything. I should know something after a few weeks.

Brooke
02-26-2016, 03:11 PM
jms, hope all goes well for you at the doctors.

AG, glad you are feeling better and good luck with all of your college preparations.

I'm looking forward to the weekend! Babysitting my grandson for the day tomorrow while our son and his wife go on a shopping trip. He's my joy these days, although I'm usually worn out by the time he goes home! He's now learned to open all doors and at two he just can't go outside or downstairs by himself! I've duck taped the lock on the front door, but need to get some kind of latch he can't reach on them! Door knob covers are on the other doors he doesn't need to open! What a busy boy! (Yes, his daddy was like this! :roll: ) I always enjoy when he comes over and miss him when he isn't there! He really needs a brother or sister to play with at this stage, but I don't think I'm ready for that either! :lol:

Going tonight to finish up our taxes after finding a mistake on a form a couple weeks ago! Grrr! At least, now, we are getting a refund!

Glennsallnighter
03-01-2016, 07:35 AM
Your grandson sounds like a handful Brooke, but I know how dearly you love him. He sounds a treasure. Have you reached the 'stairgate' stage yet?

AG, I hope you manage your college application well.

Not a lot happening here. I'm busy with work and the family but I've kinda with drawn from a lot of social stuff for the moment. I just feel like I don't have the energy or enthusiasm for it right now. I've a work trip away later in the week.

jms18222
03-01-2016, 12:10 PM
Oncologist tomorrow cardiologist Monday then I need to set-up an orthopedic visit to get rehab started on my foot & ankle.

Oncologist went well. I see him in 6 months. This practice is celebrating it's 25th year. I joked with my doctor that I had been a patient for 16 of those years not that I'm complaining.
The cardiologist also went well. My blood pressure is down so the medication is working. See him in 3 months but he sent me for blood work. I walked right through the hospital & just had it done. He did recommend an orthopedic doctor.

My oncologist suggested I lose 5 pounds, cardiologist said I better not lose an ounce. I weigh 108 pounds & wear a size 2. I put 3 pounds on since I hurt my ankle because I can't walk on the treadmill.

Came home to find my son sleeping in the family room sick with a stomach virus. Why do they come home when they are sick & not their own places! Last thing I need is to get this, why did he have to use my bathroom when there is one in the family room! Now I am bleaching everything he might have touched.

AlreadyGone95
03-01-2016, 12:50 PM
Glad that your doctors visits went well, JMS! Hope your son gets well soon!

I've got my cardiologist appointment this afternoon. My primary doctor thinks that there isn't anything wrong with my heart, so this appointment is really just precautionary. I now have a toothache to end all toothaches.:ack: I've already made an appointment with the dentist for Thursday morning. Now, I just have to wait on them to call in some pain meds. I have that compass test tomorrow so I need something to alleviate the pain to be able to take the test.

jms18222
03-01-2016, 01:14 PM
Thanks Kim! I am glad when I get the all good from my doctors.

Hope you get good news, I am positive you will be fine. Fingers crossed you do well on your tests.

Brooke
03-01-2016, 02:13 PM
Your grandson sounds like a handful Brooke, but I know how dearly you love him. He sounds a treasure. Have you reached the 'stairgate' stage yet?

Not a lot happening here. I'm busy with work and the family but I've kinda with drawn from a lot of social stuff for the moment. I just feel like I don't have the energy or enthusiasm for it right now. I've a work trip away later in the week.

Oh yes, Ga, the gate went up long ago when he started crawling and pulling up! Actually, hubby built us a new one that is much safer than the one we had that he managed to climb on and break! He's a doll and so curious and talks nonstop now! Very grown up for a two year old! Makes me sad.

Try to enjoy your trip!

Oncologist went well. I see him in 6 months. This practice is celebrating it's 25th year. I joked with my doctor that I had been a patient for 16 of those years not that I'm complaining.
The cardiologist also went well. My blood pressure is down so the medication is working. See him in 3 months but he sent me for blood work. I walked right through the hospital & just had it done. He did recommend an orthopedic doctor.

My oncologist suggested I lose 5 pounds, cardiologist said I better not lose an ounce. I weigh 108 pounds & wear a size 2. I put 3 pounds on since I hurt my ankle because I can't walk on the treadmill.

Came home to find my son sleeping in the family room sick with a stomach virus. Why do they come home when they are sick & not their own places! Last thing I need is to get this, why did he have to use my bathroom when there is one in the family room! Now I am bleaching everything he might have touched.

Good news, jms! Hope your son is feeling better. He probably just needed mom's nursing skills since he felt so bad. Hope you avoid it too! I don't think you need to lose any weight either, skinny girl!

I've got my cardiologist appointment this afternoon. My primary doctor thinks that there isn't anything wrong with my heart, so this appointment is really just precautionary. I now have a toothache to end all toothaches.:ack: I've already made an appointment with the dentist for Thursday morning. Now, I just have to wait on them to call in some pain meds. I have that compass test tomorrow so I need something to alleviate the pain to be able to take the test.

Good luck all around, AG!

AlreadyGone95
03-01-2016, 05:09 PM
Well, to find out what's wrong, the cardiologist has decided to do an ultrasound of my heart, as well as place me on a 30 dat heart monitor. I'll have both done Friday morning. He's doing this to see what the structure of my heart looks like, and to see what happens during an "attack" (I've had 6 of them in a month).

This week is super busy! :crazy:

WalshFan88
03-01-2016, 07:41 PM
How was the AC/DC show, Austin? I'm seeing them next month.

It was mindblowing. It was an amazing show and Angus was on fire. You won't be disappointed.

AlreadyGone95
03-02-2016, 04:18 PM
My scores for the Compass test.

Math: 25. I scored high enough that I won't have to retest, but I will have to take a tutor/refresher type course, alongside the main course.
Reading: 88. Cleared to take college courses

Writing: 99. A perfect score. Cleared to take college courses

I'm through with the admission part. The school hasn't received my FASFA yet, but it should soon. I should receive a letter of acceptance within a few weeks. I'll go to new student orientation the afternoon of April 21st. I'll start classes May 31st.

UndertheWire
03-02-2016, 07:31 PM
Well done! What will you be studying?

AlreadyGone95
03-02-2016, 07:56 PM
Well done! What will you be studying?

I'm studying for an AA (2 year associate degree) history degree. I also want to go for an AA in English. After 2 years, I'll transfer to a state university to go for a BA(4 year Bachelors degree) in history.

ETA: I forgot to say that my doctor's office set me up with a therapist. I have an appointment for April 13th. It stinks that I have to wait over a month, but at least I am able to get something going, I hope.

NightMistBlue
03-03-2016, 01:04 PM
It was mindblowing. It was an amazing show and Angus was on fire. You won't be disappointed.

That's good to know, thank you. I'd love to learn how these vital older musicians keep their energy so high. Most of the bands I've seen lately feature people in their 60s and even early 70s. All of them keep up a touring schedule that I would find very challenging, and I'm decades younger with no excuse to be so dang tired and sluggish :)

AC/DC has the funds to travel comfortably, almost certainly in a private chartered jet, but other older bands like The Zombies and America are probably schlepping around in a bus.

AlreadyGone95
03-03-2016, 05:21 PM
I get to have either 1 or 2 teeth pulled in 2 weeks. The tooth that has been bothering me has started to abscess, and my insurance won't cover a root canal, so it must be extracted. The one behind the tooth is also infected, but not as bad. I may not have to it pulled just yet.

AlreadyGone95
03-05-2016, 01:42 AM
As I said in the "right now" thread, I have been placed on a 30 day heart monitor. I'm only 12 hours into the 30 days, and it's already driving me nuts with the irritation/itching/pinching of the electrodes, the wires getting caught in clothing and the pulling of them when I move, and the cell phone that I must keep within 10 feet of me and almost constantly charge as the battery isn't strong! I'm really starting to have second thoughts; is it worth it or not? Everyone except the cardiologist says it isn't. I haven't even tried sleeping yet. :?

On the plus side, I can spend next week relaxing as I have nothing to do. After the week I've had, I need it. I also get to buy a new computer and new clothes thanks to 2 of my grandmas. (both are for college)

NightMistBlue
03-08-2016, 12:12 PM
What a hassle. My mom - who is in her 80s - was supposed to have one of those 30-day monitors and when she found out all that was involved, she said no way. It turned out that a faulty machine led to a misdiagnosis anyway. They had told her her heart stopped briefly, but it was just their stupid machine that stopped.

AlreadyGone95
03-08-2016, 12:42 PM
What a hassle. My mom - who is in her 80s - was supposed to have one of those 30-day monitors and when she found out all that was involved, she said no way. It turned out that a faulty machine led to a misdiagnosis anyway. They had told her her heart stopped briefly, but it was just their stupid machine that stopped.

Mine is due to those attacks I've had. They're most likely anxiety, but as a precaution, I was sent to the cardiologist. This is what he wanted to do. 4 days into it, and I'm tired of it even more. The device that sends the data is a Verizon cell phone that runs off of their towers. At home. I'm fine, but at my uncle's, There's no coverage, so the device is completely useless there. I'm at his house 2-6 days a week, so probably 1/3-1/2 of the 30 days won't be readable. :brickwall:

NightMistBlue
03-08-2016, 12:49 PM
Does the doctor know that? He or she may cancel the test if a significant portion of the data will be lost. You could be off the hook!

AlreadyGone95
03-08-2016, 01:08 PM
Does the doctor know that? He or she may cancel the test if a significant portion of the data will be lost. You could be off the hook!

No, they never asked me about that. I didn't think to tell them because they only told me that it was a "cell phone like device", not an actual cell phone! I didn't realize that it was a cell phone until after I left the office. My mom told me that I shouldn't go over there for the 30 days, which isn't happening. Also, I lose coverage going outside of my small town. Farm country doesn't have alot of cell towers! If it doesn't do right, I'm not redoing it. I'm 20; I highly doubt that there's anything wrong with my heart.

jms18222
03-08-2016, 01:40 PM
I'm studying for an AA (2 year associate degree) history degree. I also want to go for an AA in English. After 2 years, I'll transfer to a state university to go for a BA(4 year Bachelors degree) in history.

ETA: I forgot to say that my doctor's office set me up with a therapist. I have an appointment for April 13th. It stinks that I have to wait over a month, but at least I am able to get something going, I hope.

Congratulations! I know what you mean about having to wait for an appointment.

AlreadyGone95
03-09-2016, 09:13 PM
An update on my grandfather. Yesterday afternoon, he went outside, for no reason, and he fell, just outside the back door. My grandmother had to call 911 and get the EMTs to get him up and back in bed. Apart from a bruised mouth, he was OK. Then, this morning at 5 am, there was a knock on their front door. It was the EMTs. They had found my grandfather in the parking lot of a gas station over 100 yards from their house. He had fallen down on the asphalt parking lot. God knows how long he had been there. He didn't know why he was there. My grandmother hadn't heard the door alarm go off, so had no ides that he left the house. At the time he said he was OK, so they put him back in bed. Now, my grandmother thinks that he may have broken his nose.

Needless to say, things have become extremely serious and dangerous. My grandmother refuses to look into getting any kind of help, for him or just in general. She wants him to just up and die, which at this point, will be a terrible relief. Until that time comes, he needs good, quality care. My mom, my uncle, and I are debating what thr next step will be.

Brooke
03-10-2016, 10:22 AM
AG, thoughts and prayers for this whole situation. Sad.

jms18222
03-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Kim your family is in my thoughts & prayers. I will warn you that the next time the EMT's come senior services will become involved.

SilverAcidRayne
03-10-2016, 09:39 PM
i just left the hospital for an ovarian cyst. it ruptured. not very happy lol

buffyfan145
03-10-2016, 09:43 PM
Sending prayers for you and your family AG.

SAR, that's scary. Hope you're feeling better soon.

WalshFan88
03-10-2016, 10:06 PM
Prayers sent AG. Get well soon SAR.

-----

Next week I leave for a week in the sun. Going to Florida for my Annual visit. My first vacation of any kind since the surgeries so I'm looking forward to it.

LuvTim
03-10-2016, 11:12 PM
Have loads of fun, WF88! :-D

AlreadyGone95
03-11-2016, 02:10 AM
Kim your family is in my thoughts & prayers. I will warn you that the next time the EMT's come senior services will become involved.

My uncle has been down this road with his own parents. (This set of grandparents sort of adopted him despite not being related). He's tried his best to get my grandmother to understand the severity of the situation. Once adult protective services get involved, my grandfather will be forced into a nursing home because their house isn't fit for a person like him to live in. My grandmother is so bullheaded and stubborn that she won't relent. She thinks that only she knows what's best for him. Her "treatment" is borderline neglect. My grandfather wants to see his doctor, just in case there is something else that can be done to help him. My grandmother tells him that they can't do anything else, and won't make an appointment for him to see a doctor. There isn't anything else that can be done, but it's the principle of the matter.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. The next step is to install keypad deadbolts on the front and back doors, which my uncle will do in the morning. My grandfather doesn't have enough mental capacity left to remember a code, so that should keep him inside. This is final step that we can take.

My mom and uncle also plan to make a trip to the local DFACS office, to discuss the situation and get some advice to do what is best for my grandfather.

----------------------

SAR, hope you're feeling better soon!

Austin, enjoy Florida! There's a huge heatwave that has Georgia and (northern) Florida experiencing temps 20 degrees above average! 85 F is a high for May/June, not March. Spring breakers will probably be spending a lot if time in the water.

WalshFan88
03-11-2016, 07:13 PM
I love the water. I'll be in Naples, which is more south but should still be better than Illinois. That said, I can't complain too much - today was really nice out.

WalshFan88
03-14-2016, 09:35 AM
My Florida trip is off. I came close to dying Saturday night. I had an anaphylactic reaction to an allergy shot and adrenal crisis that plummeted my blood pressure and put me in shock. My bp when I got to the er was 70/40. I should have called 911 instead of going by car.

My bp is just now back to normal today and I hope to be discharged today.

I'm doing much better now but I could still use some thoughts and prayers as I physically and mentally/emotionally get over this.

Brooke
03-14-2016, 01:54 PM
Austin, oh my goodness! Please take care! Glad you are getting straightened out, but sorry your vacation is off.

SAR, hope you are better now, too!

No health emergencies for me, thankfully! But, I have no kitchen these days, so that means very little cooking! We are having the cabinets painted and getting new countertops, plus a little revamping of the kitchen design which is adding a small bar area. I'm so excited, but having no running water or sink is a pain! Microwave meals or driving at least 13 miles to town for at least the next two weeks (and last 2 weeks) is not fun! Nor is having all the cabinet contents in boxes in the office fun either! :roll:

Glennsallnighter
03-14-2016, 07:31 PM
Thats a very sad situation AG. I hope your Grandad will be ok.

I've had a very busy few weeks between exam marking, a conference and the fact that I went for another job (but I didnt get it!!). St Patricks Day and Easter fall very near to each other this year so all the school holidays start on Wednesday. I hope to be around here a lot more as a result

LuvTim
03-14-2016, 09:14 PM
My Florida trip is off. I came close to dying Saturday night. I had an anaphylactic reaction to an allergy shot and adrenal crisis that plummeted my blood pressure and put me in shock. My bp when I got to the er was 70/40. I should have called 911 instead of going by car.

My bp is just now back to normal today and I hope to be discharged today.

I'm doing much better now but I could still use some thoughts and prayers as I physically and mentally/emotionally get over this.

Wow, scary stuff. Sending best wishes for your good health to return quickly. So sorry your trip is off but I'm glad you're taking good care. Hugs and smiles.

LuvTim
03-14-2016, 09:16 PM
Austin, oh my goodness! Please take care! Glad you are getting straightened out, but sorry your vacation is off.

SAR, hope you are better now, too!

No health emergencies for me, thankfully! But, I have no kitchen these days, so that means very little cooking! We are having the cabinets painted and getting new countertops, plus a little revamping of the kitchen design which is adding a small bar area. I'm so excited, but having no running water or sink is a pain! Microwave meals or driving at least 13 miles to town for at least the next two weeks (and last 2 weeks) is not fun! Nor is having all the cabinet contents in boxes in the office fun either! :roll:

Brooke, I know your kitchen will turn out beautifully and all of this will be worth it in the end! :-)

LuvTim
03-14-2016, 09:18 PM
Thats a very sad situation AG. I hope your Grandad will be ok.

I've had a very busy few weeks between exam marking, a conference and the fact that I went for another job (but I didnt get it!!). St Patricks Day and Easter fall very near to each other this year so all the school holidays start on Wednesday. I hope to be around here a lot more as a result

GA, I hope you get some nice, quiet time for relaxation. It seems well-earned. :-)

Glennsallnighter
03-16-2016, 07:44 AM
My uncle has been down this road with his own parents. (This set of grandparents sort of adopted him despite not being related). He's tried his best to get my grandmother to understand the severity of the situation. Once adult protective services get involved, my grandfather will be forced into a nursing home because their house isn't fit for a person like him to live in. My grandmother is so bullheaded and stubborn that she won't relent. She thinks that only she knows what's best for him. Her "treatment" is borderline neglect. My grandfather wants to see his doctor, just in case there is something else that can be done to help him. My grandmother tells him that they can't do anything else, and won't make an appointment for him to see a doctor.

----------------------

This is like a leaf from my book too AG. My mother refuses to realise that my father has Alzheimers disease and varies between mid stage and late stage symptoms. She refuses to allow us to access services such as a daycare centre, Alzheimers cafe or respite. She does not let the carers who call to the house to look after his personal care needs with the result when I call he can be unshaven and wearing dirty clothes, perhaps a pajama top instead of a shirt and unkempt. He rarely showers now as he simply doesn't see the need and again my mother vetos the carer helping him with it. Whenever myself and my6 brother bring the situation up with her she tells us that she knows whats best for him and not to interfere. However when she is in hospital she is quite happy for us to interfere and 'mind' him while she cant.
Realistically he should be in residential care at this stage but she wont hear of it. I only hope that there is not some crisis some day and it will be too late

Brooke
03-16-2016, 10:35 AM
AG and Ga, this is terrible and I'm so sorry. Can't you go to family services or his doctor and report this?

AlreadyGone95
03-16-2016, 12:53 PM
This is like a leaf from my book too AG. My mother refuses to realise that my father has Alzheimers disease and varies between mid stage and late stage symptoms. She refuses to allow us to access services such as a daycare centre, Alzheimers cafe or respite. She does not let the carers who call to the house to look after his personal care needs with the result when I call he can be unshaven and wearing dirty clothes, perhaps a pajama top instead of a shirt and unkempt. He rarely showers now as he simply doesn't see the need and again my mother vetos the carer helping him with it. Whenever myself and my6 brother bring the situation up with her she tells us that she knows whats best for him and not to interfere. However when she is in hospital she is quite happy for us to interfere and 'mind' him while she cant.
Realistically he should be in residential care at this stage but she wont hear of it. I only hope that there is not some crisis some day and it will be too late

My grandfather doesn't bother to change clothes to sleep in since he spends most of the day in bed. He wears his regular clothes, and can still dress himself. He's always been skinny, but he's almost skin and bones now. He geew up poor during the Great Depression, so he's never been a big eater, but now, sometimes, he'll skip lunch or supper. He still eats a good sized breakfast, though.

My uncle has to do the hygienic stuff that my grandfather can't do anymore. He went 2 weeks without a bath before my grandmother aked my uncle to bath him. Now, my uncle has the job of bathing him once a week, as well as shaving him, cutting toe nails, and giving him a hair cut.

My grandmother does realize that her husband has dementia due to the stroke he had nearly 4 years ago.(the effects from the stroke also causes him to feel like he's constantly drunk) She wants him to stay in bed almost 24/7, which my grandfather won't do on his "good" days. He's always been a doer and fixer. He wants to do or fix something when he feels up to it. When he tries to do something, she yells at him and sounds like she hates him. As I've said before, she's ready for him to pass away. (He was a pastor for 50 years, so there's greener pastures ahead)

My grandfather has hallucinations or he dreams that an eve that happened decades ago is happening now. Like yesterday, he thought that he and my mom were going to go fishing. He was so excited, and my mom went along with it, saying "Yeah, we can go fishing after you take a nap to rest up". He went and laid down, and didn’t mention it again. Sometimes his hallucinations are headscratchers. Monday, when my uncle was there, my grandfather said that there was a car like my grandmother's without wheels or a steering wheel in his bedroom.

My grandmother is still pretty sharp mentally. She can handle dispensing medicines, cooking, and bills without much problem. My mom is the maid twice a week, as well as getting the medicines from the pharmacy and buying the groceries.

The new door locks seem to be successful in keeping my grandfather inside the house, so that's a plus.

Brooke, to answer your question, it comes down to my grandmother holding our heads over a barrel. She's helped us out so much (buying the computer for me, among other things), that she has our hands tied. My mom is scared of the consequences that she'll receive from my grandmother if we do try and do something. I don't see him enough to say much. As long as he doesn't get physically hurt, there's no grounds for protective services to come out. The next time my grandmother has to call 911, they'll come.

-----

This Friday afternoon, I'll have 2 teeth pulled. I can't eat or drink anything after midnight. :roll: I'm not looking forward to that!

AlreadyGone95
03-18-2016, 05:11 PM
I've had the teeth pulled. The procedure was easier than I thought it would be. It was actually surgery, where I was completely knocked out with IV anesthesia. The hardest part was getting my veins to cooperate. 40 minutes later, I was done.

The recovery is the hardest part. I'm able to eat soft foods now. I've got to keep the area clean using mouth rinses and water. They gave me plenty of pain medicine!

My godparents are going on a 6 months camping trip to Alaska starting in April. My godfather is retiring, so they're going on the trip of a life time. They bought a camper and will be driving around the states to and from Alaska, plus they'll visit family in Canada. They love a mile from me, so it'll be weird having tyem gone until October.

MortSahlFan
03-18-2016, 05:43 PM
I just had my wisdom teeth extracted, and a filling - and have many more. The dry socket hurt. The only good thing about an extraction is the Norco.

I'm just going through the music I've recorded, and either editing or deleting. Still writing, a little at a time. My mother's cousin is in town, so I'm working at her little store just long enough to pay bills.

Warm weather is coming - that's always a great thing.

I'm listening to "Victim of Love" by the way.

AlreadyGone95
03-19-2016, 02:09 AM
Yeah, I had my wisdom teeth pulled 2 years ago, so I'm familiar with the recovery process. The only difference is that the holes where my wisdom teeth used to be were sewed shut. I'm doing everything I can to avoid a dry socket.

I've already got a problem. 2 times while I changed the gauze for the blood, part of the tooth next to the 2 that were pulled broke off. It was a filling that was fine 24 hours before, so they must have cut too close to the other tooth. Monday, I'll be calling about this tooth.

I've been put on antibiotics again to keep an infection from forming. I've taken 8 antibiotics over the past 2 months (including this one bacterial infection, bronchitis, the teeth ). My immune system is suffering badly because of it. I can't seem to get well enough to boost it. I've never been a healthy eater because I wasn't exposed to good,healthy, nutritious foods as a child, but I'm trying to eat more fruits, nuts, veggies etc and less processed foods. I really need to stick with it for college. Hopefully, by then I'll be more healthier.

AlreadyGone95
03-24-2016, 03:38 PM
I've got an appointment to see about this tooth in a few weeks. There's a good chance that it'll be pulled, unless they can fill it.

Today, I had a follow up appointment with my doctor. I couldn't see my regular doctor because there was an emergency at the hospital (someone coded). I saw the other doctor I've seen before. Since my stomach problems haven't improved, she increased the dosage of my medicine to see if that helps any. She'll also set up an appointment with a GI doctor soon (finally!). I also discussed the problems I've been having with my disability. I'll start back doing physical therapy on my left shoulder and knee. I'm glad to be able to start getting some help, so that maybe I can feel better and maybe get healthier as well.

LuvTim
03-25-2016, 12:36 AM
My son got married today and the reception was held at our home this evening. I'm exhausted, but nothing makes me happier than seeing him so happy.
So, yay! :-D

AlreadyGone95
03-25-2016, 12:45 AM
Congrats to your son, LT!:cheers:

LuvTim
03-25-2016, 01:09 AM
Congrats to your son, LT!:cheers:

Thanks, AG! :-)

Brooke
03-25-2016, 09:21 AM
LT, congrats to your son and you! Love good news!

buffyfan145
03-25-2016, 10:26 AM
Aww, congrats to your son LT!!! :D

LuvTim
03-25-2016, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the congrats! Love sharing good news with lovely people, and we have lots of those folks here. Love you all.

L101
03-25-2016, 02:47 PM
Congrats to your son LT and to you :smile: And it was nice that the reception was held at your home.

DivineDon
03-25-2016, 02:55 PM
Many congratulations, LT:thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
03-25-2016, 04:14 PM
Congratulations to your son and his new wife LT. I hope they have many years of happiness together.

WalshFan88
03-25-2016, 07:41 PM
Congrats LT.

Freypower
03-25-2016, 07:46 PM
Congratulations to them & to you!:love:

Gemini
03-25-2016, 08:19 PM
Oh, LT! That's so exciting and you must be exhausted! Best wishes to them!!

LuvTim
03-25-2016, 10:30 PM
Everyone here has been so gracious. Thank you to all. :heart:

NOLA
03-25-2016, 11:49 PM
Congrats, LT, and best wishes to the happy couple. :)

LuvTim
03-25-2016, 11:56 PM
TY, NOLA! :)

WalshFan88
03-26-2016, 02:29 AM
Well I think I'm in the clear now physically. Emotionally and mentally I'm still VERY shook up. I've been through a lot of medical stuff and am medically disabled and have had over a dozen surgeries but that is the closest I've come to or felt like dying that I can remember.

The feeling of doom with anaphylaxis is very different than my anxiety issues. It felt REAL and kept building until I got to the hospital and they gave me epinephrine. I thought I was a goner. There is nothing like that feeling in the world. I felt BAD. I was getting hot in the face and the lights as they were wheeling me back were getting bright and shimmery and people's voices were getting echo-y. I told them to take me back in a wheelchair as I couldn't walk any further from the door all the way back. By the time I got back there (they took me back as soon as I showed up), I was having trouble staying conscious.

There was 5 or 6 people in the room RIGHT when I got there (we went by car because we didn't think it was that bad) and they quickly took my BP which was 86/50 and then went down to 70/40. And then the damn machine couldn't get it anymore and it sent alarms off and the nurse tried taking it manually. Too low to take manually. So they had to do a BP "by palpation", which she said my BP was "at least 60". I was FLIPPING OUT. Everyone was quiet too, which made me more nervous because I know the drill and what they are supposed to do when it's not good.

They gave me intramuscular epinephrine and then tried to get an IV in which took forever because my veins weren't visible because of the low BP. They finally got one in the wrist, and then gave me steroids for my adrenal insufficiency/panhypopituitarism and benadryl and lots of fluids.

I got admitted from late Saturday night/early Sunday morning until Tuesday. My blood pressure came up to 100/70 (which I'll take over 60 ANY DAY) Saturday night and stayed there. It didn't climb back to normal until Tuesday when I went home.

The emotional stuff didn't hit me in the hospital. After the feeling of doom and anxiety went away, I was mentally ok until I got about a minute from the house on the way home and then I started crying because I thought I wasn't going to make it home after what happened. I lost it emotionally and I have yet to get it all back. I'm still trying to work through it. I'm prone to PTSD, and my therapist thinks I'll have it with this but right now it's acute.

Now the next phase is doing blood allergy testing to find out why I reacted the way I did on a maintenance dose allergy shot, why my anaphylactic reaction is 4 hours post injection instead of 30 minutes post injection like most people, and if there is anything else I'm allergic to that's come up so there is no surprises. I now have emergency epi pens here as well as emergency dexamethasone injections for adrenal crisis when it comes up.

zeldabjr
03-26-2016, 03:13 AM
oh Austin...I can't imagine how scary that incident was for...so glad you're ok physically now...don't blame you for being shook up...probably will take a while to get over this emotionally...let me get this straight..you had a reaction to an allergy shot?...Had you ever had this same shot before?

WalshFan88
03-26-2016, 03:16 AM
oh Austin...I can't imagine how scary that incident was for...so glad you're ok physically now...don't blame you for being shook up...probably will take a while to get over this emotionally...let me get this straight..you had a reaction to an allergy shot?...Had you ever had this same shot before?

Yep, many times. A monthly maintenance dose of an allergy shot for ragweed!

LuvTim
03-26-2016, 11:34 AM
WF88, I'm so sorry this happened to you. Your recounting of your experience is so vivid, it's easy to see why you'd be upset for awhile thinking back on it. I hope you never have to deal with this kind of thing again. Bless you.

jms18222
03-26-2016, 11:40 AM
Last night we found my boy cat has a broken front tooth, broke down to the gum line. He is eating fine but not himself.
My son't cat has a cut on her paw. Tried putting an antibiotic cream on it with a sock. That didn't work out well.
Looks like I will be at the vet on Monday.

Austin glad to hear you are OK. You have been through a lot. Stay strong my friend & keep fighting. Fighting means you are ALIVE!