PDA

View Full Version : What's Happening In Your Life?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

jms18222
03-26-2016, 11:44 AM
My son got married today and the reception was held at our home this evening. I'm exhausted, but nothing makes me happier than seeing him so happy.
So, yay! :-D

Oh congrats to your son. You must be so proud!

LuvTim
03-26-2016, 11:51 AM
Thanks, jms! :-) I'd love to post a photo, but I guess I'd better not since I don't have their permission. Lol....

I saw where you'll be at the Vet's office on Monday. I hope your kitties get their issues sorted out and feel better soon. Hope your son is feeling better by now, as well. :)

L101
03-26-2016, 11:53 AM
Austin - Glad you got through that ok, it sounds really scary and not something you'd want to happen again. Take it easy for the moment and try not to stress too much about having PTSD. It's only natural to have that after what happened to you. Things will get better.

AlreadyGone95
03-26-2016, 12:46 PM
Austin, I'm glad that you're still with us! It's understandable that you're shook up after an ordeal like that. I hope that you'll start to feel better soon. :) Do the doctors have any idea what caused the allergic reaction?

JMS, best of luck at the vet's on Monday. I hope that the bill isn't too much.

On my end, tension between my mom and me is pretty high, and it has caused me to have a couple of panic/anxiety attacks. Suffice it to say that my mom doesn't like the fact that she'll be the one taking back and forth to college and the doctor appointments. She complains about my health problems and the fact that I spend too much time goofing off. Well, now I'm trying to change both of those things and she is complaining about having to help me. It's probably just hot air, but I don't like it. This has happened before, and my mom finally relented.

I've had a few long driving lessons where I've actually driven 30+ miles on state highways around here. My uncle and mom think that after a few more lessons, I'll be ready to take the test.

jms18222
03-26-2016, 02:19 PM
The cats are like my children so I will do what I have to. He's eating, drinking, using the litter box & cleaning himself so that's all positive. I gave him some antibiotics I had for Miss Kimi last month for a UTI so at least that can hold off an infection.

I am just having a really down day. I am having a pain flare-up the past 2 days plus it is difficult being a widow on a holiday. I am not sitting here moping about though. I walked 25 laps in my driveway which is 2.75 miles, painful but worth it. I would really, REALLY love to blow-off the family dinner tomorrow & do dinner and a movie with my son like we did on Thanksgiving but his girlfriend would not be happy about that. My sister doesn't understand because she still has her husband plus I am 10 years younger. I am also missing my oldest son who is in Chicago on business then he flies from there to Houston for a week. I won't see him until the middle of April.

My son is fine today, think it was an allergic reaction. Think I am going to grab my phone, a book, iced tea and enjoy this fine Spring day.

Thanks everyone.

AlreadyGone95
03-28-2016, 11:00 AM
I hope that you are feeling better today, JMS.

My grandmother thinks that my grandfather has had another mini stroke. Yesterday morning , some people from the last church my grandfather preached at brought both of them an Easter breakfast. That's my grandfather's favorite meal. He ate 2 mouthfuls and went back to bed. My grandmother reheated the breakfast for his lunch. He ate more then, but she noticed that he would just chew and chew without ever swallowing. My grandmother remembered that that was a sign of a stroke, and she remembered how to help him swallow, by tilting his head. Thankfully, that worked.

I've got an appointment with a GI doctor the afternoon of April 26th. My mom hasn't complained about being a chauffeur anymore, which I'm grateful for.

Brooke
03-28-2016, 03:26 PM
Austin, how scary for you! I'm so glad you are better and have what you need in case of another such attack! Prayers!

jms, thoughts and prayers for you too!

AG, sorry about your grandfather and hang in there!

Had a very busy week getting our kitchen put back together, plus Easter services and breakfast at church yesterday. Huge family dinner at one of the snl's. Moving around in my house so our son and his family can move in since we've sold their house and will be building them a new one! That will be interesting! Haven't lived with a two year old for a few years! :lol: I'm laughing now.......

LuvTim
03-28-2016, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE=Brooke;326915

Had a very busy week getting our kitchen put back together, plus Easter services and breakfast at church yesterday. Huge family dinner at one of the snl's. Moving around in my house so our son and his family can move in since we've sold their house and will be building them a new one! That will be interesting! Haven't lived with a two year old for a few years! :lol: I'm laughing now.......[/QUOTE]

LOL....good luck with that, Brooke. ;-)

Well, really, I hope it all goes smoothly! And it sounds like you're actually going to need that big new kitchen, so lucky for you , right? I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun with this. Keep smiling! :smile:

jms18222
03-29-2016, 04:30 PM
Brooke we need pictures of that new kitchen! I used to do kitchen design.

My Ashton has to get his broken tooth removed in 2 weeks. It wasn't infected nor was it causing him pain since he gained 2 pounds since his vet visit last year.

Brooke
03-30-2016, 09:18 AM
jms, good news with no pain yet, for sure!

AlreadyGone95
03-30-2016, 12:58 PM
Brooke, best of luck with the full house.

Joy, glad that your cat isn't in pain. I hope that the procedure goes smoothly.

My grandfather has been doing ok so far this week, but my grandmother is not. She has congestive heart failure, and every day this week, her heart has been beating too fast. She takes 3 different heart meds. She feels horrible. If this keeps up, she'll make an appointment with her cardiologist.

DJ
03-30-2016, 11:20 PM
So sorry about your Grandparents AG.

Well after several weeks of bathing dogs every time they came into the house, I now have a beautiful back yard. New top soil and sod was laid Monday. I am sooo happy, no more muddy doggie paws. With our construction last year it was a mess....Now it's gorgeous. Hopefully I can keep my little pup ( who weighs in at 90 lbs) from tearing it up. He'll eat anything.

I just found out this past weekend a very good friend of mine from my teen years, yes a 1st love, passed away. What really shocked me was he passed in 1995!!! He was so young, it makes my heart sad. I was truly stunned.

My health is not good. I have lupus and RA as some of you may know, and now my liver enzyme levels are elevated. Not good for the liver, so I've been having lab and ultra sounds to figure out what is going on. And my gastro. Dr. took an extended leave of absence. Geez...So I have to rely on my RA dr. I pray everything turns out ok and it's just the medication I'm on causing the liver to act up....:ack:

Finally getting spring, and going to love the sun.

WalshFan88
03-31-2016, 01:38 AM
JMS - sorry to hear. :(

DJ and AG - best wishes for better health.

----

Thanks everyone...

Brooke
03-31-2016, 10:24 AM
DJ, take care!

I'm so thankful for my and my families good health. :pray:

jms18222
03-31-2016, 10:44 AM
DJ take care of yourself. I understand the chronic life all too well but not with either of those diseases. Take the time to pamper yourself.

Kim how is your grandmother doing?

My cat, not the same thing, has to get his tooth pulled on April 11th. That means he can't have food after midnight. Try telling that to his sisters when they go look for food at 7:00 AM. Right now he is eating one of my strawberries.

Going to be in the 70's today so I am waiting for laundry to get done & hung outside to dry. I need to then take my walk & have a ton of phone calls to make this afternoon.

AlreadyGone95
03-31-2016, 09:55 PM
I haven't spoken to my my grandmother today, so I don't know how she's doing, Joy.

Today is my other grandmother's 89th birthday. (I have 3 grandmas still living, 2 on my mom's side (foster care) and my dad's mom (nana) ). This grandmother is in the best health of all 3. She lives alone, but her son lives next door. I don't see her often, despite her living 25 miles away, but my mom and I did call her and wish her a happy birthday.

I've had several anxiety attacks over the past few days. They've left my feeling exhausted, and I've been grumpy and irritable. I take medicine for them as needed, but it'sjust putting a bandaid on it. I'll be glad when the 13th comes, and I get to start seeing a therapist.

Brooke
04-01-2016, 09:59 AM
AG, please take it easy! And Happy Birthday to your Grandma! That's amazing that you still have three!

Today is my daughter's 38th birthday! Actually not till 11:23 pm though! I tried to wait till the 2nd, but couldn't! :lol:

Can't believe I have a child that old! :roll:

AlreadyGone95
04-03-2016, 01:56 AM
Happy belated birthday to your daughter, Brooke.

My grandmother is doing better. My grandfather is doing about the same. Saturday was one of his "good" days. My mom and I visited them for a little while, and he was all there mentally.

My mom and I had car trouble Friday afternoon. Twice, the engine just shut off out of the blue. We got into a shopping center parking lot, and had to call my uncle to come see about it. As I mentioned in the Cass County survior thread, we were expecting alot of rain, withthe brunt of it on Friday afternoon. We had just gotten soaked coming out of Walmart and putting the bags in the car when the trouble started. To stay warm and try to dry off , we went to a coffee shop in the neighboring shopping center (there's 3 with 1/4 of a mile of each other). We didn't get dry, but when we told an employee what happened, he gave us a free hot chocolate (there still are some nice folk around). We didn't get into dry clothes for another 3 hours, though. Saturday afternoon, we got the car back home, but my uncle isn't sure what the problem is. It drove home fibe without a single glitch. Total rainfall amount: 7 inches in 48 hours.

I have a new symptom alongside my stomach problems that showed itself 3 times yesterday. It's not something to disclose or discuss? but it does have me concerned and worried. :worried:.

ETA: it just happened again. If it keeps up, I'll have to go to the ER.

AlreadyGone95
04-07-2016, 03:56 AM
Well, that symptom has subsided for now.

I went to bed a little before 2 am. There was some possible bad weather heading my way, which I hoped to sleep through... not!! I bolted up wide awake from a good sleep at 3:20 am, and checked my phone. It showed a tornado warning for my county, which impacted my town at 3:15 am. Luckily, I read more about the alert, and find out that it has been canceled. I looked up the radar, and saw that the storm has weakened a good deal. For final reassurance, I checked out my local nbc/abc station's Facebook page. They confirmed that a tornado did form roughly 7 miles northwest of me about 10 minutes before I woke up! The tornado was near the town in which my grandparents live(Morgan). My friends from that town on Facebook don't think that it hit the town, but aren't sure. I'll know more later in the morning. It's now 3:55 am, and I'm wide awake, with heavy rain and winds still going! There's still some storms coming across the Alabama line, but those aren't quite as severe.

ETA: The tornado hit north of Morgan, in an unincorporated community about 10 miles away from me. Several mobile homes were damaged, and some people were injured. I know people from that area, and hope that everyone affected will be ok.

ETA 2: Some of the people hurt were friends of my mom's, a mom and daughter. They were thrown from their mobile home and across a field. They have multiple broken bones, and the daughter has a collapsed lung. Both will have to have within the next few days. They are both lucky to be alive.

Glennsallnighter
04-08-2016, 04:23 AM
AG, please take it easy! And Happy Birthday to your Grandma! That's amazing that you still have three!

Today is my daughter's 38th birthday! Actually not till 11:23 pm though! I tried to wait till the 2nd, but couldn't! :lol:

Can't believe I have a child that old! :roll:

Well she may have been born on April Fools day but she is no fool!! I have seen her business page on FB. Of course if you had been on holidays in Ireland at the time it would have been the 2nd..... Only sayin' as we say here. I cant believe you have a 38 year old daughter, you look so young yourself Brooke. Hope she and you all had a lovely day.

Brooke
04-08-2016, 09:41 AM
Well she may have been born on April Fools day but she is no fool!! I have seen her business page on FB. Of course if you had been on holidays in Ireland at the time it would have been the 2nd..... Only sayin' as we say here. I cant believe you have a 38 year old daughter, you look so young yourself Brooke. Hope she and you all had a lovely day.

Ga, you are so sweet! Thank you! She is coming home tomorrow so we can properly celebrate. Last weekend she had a big, big catering job and couldn't make it. She did really well with it too! We are very proud of her!

WalshFan88
04-09-2016, 10:27 PM
jms - hope your cat is doing well..

jms18222
04-15-2016, 11:48 AM
My cat Ashton ended up having to have 3 teeth removed. He broke 1 right next to the one I knew about plus a molar had developed a hole and would have eventually cracked. They gave him a long acting pain shot and a diet of wet food only for the week.

AlreadyGone95
04-16-2016, 01:59 AM
Hope Ashton has a quick and easy recovery, Joy.

I saw a therapist on Wednesday. It was just an initial visit, with a bunch of questions. I'll start regularly seeing one in 2 weeks.

I also saw the cardiologist yesterday afternoon. The monitoring came back normal. The EKG showed a minor leaking valve. I don't need any surgery or even medicine for the time being, but I will have to see a cardiologist a few times a year, and have an EKG done every few years. This is to be precautionary and keep an eye on the valve, to see if it gets worse as I age.

I have college orientation and advisement this coming Thursday, so I'm gearing up for that. I find hard to believe that in a month and a half, I'll be in college.

WalshFan88
04-16-2016, 03:19 AM
AG95 - Best of luck with everything.

------

Since I didn't go to Florida in March because of my health scare, I'm taking a mini vacation next week to Burlington, IA. They have an arcade there and more importantly, a vinyl record store with lots of choices. Ever since my local guy left I've been having withdrawals.

jms18222
04-16-2016, 11:37 AM
Kim good luck with college. I see my cardiologist every 3 months now. He just checks heart rate & blood pressure now. It is sure better than having to go every month like I did last year & certainly less expensive! Those co-pays!
Going to see my orthopedic doctor Monday, new guy & don't know exactly where he is located but thank goodness for GPS.
Sitting here drinking a second cup of coffee waiting for my laundry to get done while trying to keep my eyes open. I swore I wouldn't watch Formula 1 qualifying last night since it started at 2:00 AM but I did and it lasted until 5. Cats woke me up at 7:30 demanding food service!
I promised my son I wouldn't watch the race early tomorrow morning nor would I check twitter or facebook. He is coming over after work tomorrow to watch with me...I can not peek...well maybe the start but that's it...I hope!

WalshFan enjoy your vinyl hunt.

NightMistBlue
04-18-2016, 12:08 PM
AG, I think you'll do very well in college. You're so smart.

This past weekend, I had my first experience in a recording studio, making a demo for a song I wrote. I'm glad I got through it and wasn't too nervous. The results... usable (for a class I'm taking) but somewhat like when you're trying on swimsuits and see yourself in the three-way mirror! Your faults and areas where you need to improve are writ large. No escaping or denying it.

Onward and (hopefully) upward though...

LuvTim
04-18-2016, 11:14 PM
AG, I think you'll do very well in college. You're so smart.

This past weekend, I had my first experience in a recording studio, making a demo for a song I wrote. I'm glad I got through it and wasn't too nervous. The results... usable (for a class I'm taking) but somewhat like when you're trying on swimsuits and see yourself in the three-way mirror! Your faults and areas where you need to improve are writ large. No escaping or denying it.

Onward and (hopefully) upward though...

Wow, that is super-cool, NMB! I just knew you were a talented vixen!! 🎸

NightMistBlue
04-19-2016, 11:29 AM
You're so sweet, LuvTim. Thank you for your kindness.

I got positive feedback from my classmates and the engineer in the studio. The latter said my song reminded him of Joni Mitchell, but truly the only comparison between me and La Mitchell is that we both smoke and are deeply neurotic. :)

I had hoped to send the mp3 around to a few friends but I'm too embarrassed about my voice. I'm going to sign up for a vocal course next.

FWIW
04-19-2016, 11:36 AM
NMB, Congrats for making a demo of your song! Any comparison to Joni is great. What is the theme?

NightMistBlue
04-19-2016, 11:46 AM
It's about consoling someone who's experienced a great loss. Trying (gently) to encourage them to see that eventually "you will breathe again, you will believe again." It's partly influenced by seeing my mom going through the grieving process - we recently lost my dad, her partner of 60 years.

Brooke
04-19-2016, 01:25 PM
Good luck with it, NMB!

Austin, have fun in Iowa?!

jms, hope your kitty is doing well!

AG, good luck with your college meetings!

Not much going on in my life other than chaos! That two year old is a busy body! Keeps me hopping! Literally!

Brooke
04-19-2016, 01:25 PM
Good luck with it, NMB!

Austin, have fun in Iowa?!

jms, hope your kitty is doing well!

AG, good luck with your college meetings!

Not much going on in my life other than chaos! That two year old is a busy body! Keeps me hopping! Literally! :lol:

jms18222
04-19-2016, 03:34 PM
Congrats on the demo.

Have a fun trip Austin.

Kim you will excel in college.

Went to the ortho doctor. He put me in a full walking boot for 6 weeks, it weighs a ton. I also have 6 weeks of physical therapy ahead of me. I spent all morning trying to find a facility that accepts my insurance. 3 places moved out of my area in the past 6 months. I really didn't want to have a 120 mile round trip 3 times a week.

buffyfan145
04-19-2016, 04:21 PM
That's so awesome NMB!!! :D

Best of luck AG. :D I finally went back to college to finish my degree and hopefully will graduate next year depending on when the classes are offered.

As for me I'm actually in the process of writing my next novel!!! :D I've written and self-published 4 of my stories (one is a novella), with the 5th coming sometime this summer once I get editing done. But this new 6th story I'm working on is one I've wanted to write since I was about 11 or 12 years old, and I'll finally use that scene I imagined to "Take it to the Limit" when I was little for it. :D Actually, a lot of Eagles songs are on this book's playlist as well as one of Glenn's solo songs. I make playlists for all my stories and include a list of it in the book when it's published, and I also was able to make the playlists on Spotify for anyone to listen to since almost all the songs are available on there. I'll be posting links soon on my Twitter, which is the same username as here.

Fun Fact: My first book was named "If Not for You" after George Harrison's song and lots of Beatles songs are on that playlist, while for my 2nd novel "Double Play" I almost named "The Boys of Summer" since Don's song really is the main song of that book and what I imagined the story to first. :D

Freypower
04-19-2016, 06:19 PM
That's so awesome NMB!!! :D

Best of luck AG. :D I finally went back to college to finish my degree and hopefully will graduate next year depending on when the classes are offered.

As for me I'm actually in the process of writing my next novel!!! :D I've written and self-published 4 of my stories (one is a novella), with the 5th coming sometime this summer once I get editing done. But this new 6th story I'm working on is one I've wanted to write since I was about 11 or 12 years old, and I'll finally use that scene I imagined to "Take it to the Limit" when I was little for it. :D Actually, a lot of Eagles songs are on this book's playlist as well as one of Glenn's solo songs. I make playlists for all my stories and include a list of it in the book when it's published, and I also was able to make the playlists on Spotify for anyone to listen to since almost all the songs are available on there. I'll be posting links soon on my Twitter, which is the same username as here.

Fun Fact: My first book was named "If Not for You" after George Harrison's song and lots of Beatles songs are on that playlist, while for my 2nd novel "Double Play" I almost named "The Boys of Summer" since Don's song really is the main song of that book and what I imagined the story to first. :D

Love George's version of this song but did you know it was written by Bob Dylan? Olivia Newton-John also did a country version of it.

SilverAcidRayne
04-19-2016, 06:28 PM
I'm currently getting ready for work in the ass crack of dawn, lol and scrolling thru tumblr reading about the royal family and how Prince Harry is ruining my life because he's so gorgeous.

congrats and good luck with college and the music AND the road trip in a nutshell. I have no doubt you guys will rock at it :-):-)

and the kitty! lol

buffyfan145
04-19-2016, 07:42 PM
FP, I did know Bob wrote it and my Mom loves Olivia's version. She and a lot of my family didn't know Bob wrote it or heard George's cover till I was writing my first novel. LOL I always loved Bob's friendship with George and I credited both of them when I put my playlist in the book. It was George's version though that I thought best fit my story.

LuvTim
04-19-2016, 11:53 PM
I just finished hosting 12 ladies for drinks, dinner, games and desserts. So I'm too tired to post much, but it's a good tired. We had fun. :-)
See ya later!

Brooke
04-20-2016, 10:17 AM
Love George's version of this song but did you know it was written by Bob Dylan? Olivia Newton-John also did a country version of it.

I didn't! George's version is one of my very favorite songs ever!

I just finished hosting 12 ladies for drinks, dinner, games and desserts. So I'm too tired to post much, but it's a good tired. We had fun. :-)
See ya later!

That sounds like fun! :thumbsup:

AlreadyGone95
04-20-2016, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the votes of confidence, everyone. They mean a lot. This time tomorrow, I'll be touring the campus, which isn't that big, since it isn't the main campus.

I'm currently nursing some badly sunburned skin on my legs, arms, and neck. I spent over 2 hours outside unprotected yesterday afternoon. Bad mistake for a somewhat fair skinned person.

NMB, congrats on your song and recording! I would like to hear it.

Buffy, best of luck with the new novel.

Joy, hope that you found a physical therapy place nearby you.

LT, sounds like the evening was fun!

LuvTim
04-20-2016, 05:02 PM
It's about consoling someone who's experienced a great loss. Trying (gently) to encourage them to see that eventually "you will breathe again, you will believe again." It's partly influenced by seeing my mom going through the grieving process - we recently lost my dad, her partner of 60 years.

I hope we'll get to hear your song sometime when you're ready, NMB. :-)

LuvTim
04-20-2016, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=AlreadyGone95;329229]Thanks for the votes of confidence, everyone. They mean a lot. This time tomorrow, I'll be touring the campus, which isn't that big, since it isn't the main campus.

I'm currently nursing some badly sunburned skin on my legs, arms, and neck. I spent over 2 hours outside unprotected yesterday afternoon. Bad mistake for a somewhat fair skinned person.
------------------------------------------

AG, I hope your campus tour was great and your sunburn heals quickly! Thinking of you today.

MortSahlFan
04-20-2016, 05:11 PM
I'm trying to finish my 2nd CD.. It's taking me a long time, but I play all the instruments, engineer, produce, etc., and I don't use a computer, so it's a lot of work.

LuvTim
04-20-2016, 11:07 PM
I'm trying to finish my 2nd CD.. It's taking me a long time, but I play all the instruments, engineer, produce, etc., and I don't use a computer, so it's a lot of work.

MSF- Yes, it actually sounds like it's a lot of work. Wishing you really good luck and good vibes as you work on this project. :-)

MortSahlFan
04-21-2016, 10:39 AM
Thank you so much!

Jonny Come Lately
04-21-2016, 06:30 PM
Good luck with the album. It sounds like quite an undertaking, but if you look on the bright side if you're working solo there's no danger of falling out with other band members or those dreaded 'creative tensions'!

FWIW
04-21-2016, 07:05 PM
So many talented people here! I'm envious of those with the talent to produce music. I'm strictly a consumer.

NMB, I can relate to your loss. I lost my mother almost 2 years ago, less than a month before my mother and father's 60th anniversary. Would love to read the lyrics to your song if you are open to that. My father still gets emotional from time to time.

MSF, Your CD sounds like a labor of love. Good luck with it!

I don't want to overlook the non-musical pursuits.

Buffy, Good luck with your novel.

AG95, How was the campus tour?

AlreadyGone95
04-22-2016, 01:40 AM
MSF, best of luck in finishing your CD. I hope it turns out the way you want it to.

The college "tour" consisted of being inside a classroom for 3 hours listening to the interim director discuss the important things (my first "lecture" lol), and picking my classes for the summer and fall semesters. The latter of which took 2 hours. The reason why is complicated. I need 42 credits(24 different classes) for an AA in history. The college has 3 different campuses which all are between 30-60 minutes drive from my home and each other. Some classes I need are only offered at one of the classes at very specific times. (For example, every single history class is only available at the main campus.) Summer semester is half as long as spring and fall, so that means I have to do twice the work to be done with the class on time. Because of that, the director strongly advised against doing too many heavy weighted classes. It took several different tries to get the number of hours needed to be a full time student, but also have a realistic schedule. I have more classes for summer, but that's because I chose the easier classes for a lighter workload. The real fun will start in August. For summer, all of my classes will be at the campus I chose as my main (preferred) campus. For fall, I won't have a single class there.

The thing I'm most happy about is that none of 3 campuses are open on Freydays, which means no classes on those days! (Except possibly the one online class I'm doing.)

LuvTim
04-22-2016, 10:14 PM
I'm excited for you, AG. You're on your way! :grin:

Glennsallnighter
04-25-2016, 07:02 AM
Good luck with your new college career AG! Hope it all works out well for you!

NightMistBlue
04-25-2016, 08:54 AM

MortSahlFan, are you an analog man? I take my hat off to ya.

jms18222
04-25-2016, 11:48 AM
I start physical therapy today. Sunny & warm outside so I may try and walk a bit before I go.

AlreadyGone95
04-27-2016, 01:22 AM
Thanks GA.

I had my first visit with the GI doctor yesterday. He's going to do a endoscopy and a colonoscopy in a few weeks' time, May 13th. He originally wanted to wait until June, but the prep and the procedures would make me miss 2 days of college, so he got me in as soon as he could. Hopefully, I'll have a diagnosis before school starts. I had both done before about 5 years ago, so I know what to expect. I don't mind the actual procedures, but the prep is horrible! :yuck:

I also met with the therapist yesterday. She's going to try and help me overcome the anxiety and self doubt I have, so that I can move forward quicker and more easily. We'll see how it goes.

ETA: I could also use some thoughts and prayers for something that I don't feel like disclosing on a public forum.

Brooke
04-27-2016, 09:18 AM
AG, thoughts and prayers for all your issues.

jms, good luck with your physical therapy!

buffyfan145
04-27-2016, 10:04 AM
Sending prayers for you AG with everything.

LuvTim
04-27-2016, 11:36 AM
I love this board and the good people on it. :heart: It warms my heart.
If you ask for thoughts and prayers, you just know you're going to get them, whether they post it, or not.

Let me join in and wish you all the best as you work through all the things you are tackling these days, AG. You've got courage.

And all the best to each of us with our own needs. (Lol...I sound like Dickens' Tiny Tim. "God bless us, everyone.") :-)

WS82Classics
04-27-2016, 11:54 AM
I'm not usually one to post my personal stuff in these types of forums, but I suppose this is as good a place and a time as any...

Today's the last day of my present Semester at the Tech School I attend(have been going for nearly 2 years, now), and it is entirely possible I am about to say goodbye once and for all to a girl I really like. I've felt for her what I've never come close to feeling for anyone else, and she's the ONLY girl/woman I've ever known who has ever had a nice word to say about me. Most women, it seems, regard me with high contempt, but not her. She's really sweet, and perhaps the prettiest one I've ever either known or seen with my own eyes.

Will be using my own Christian faith and Eagles music(I can already relate to "Tequila Sunrise," and will perhaps more so than ever tomorrow morning) to help get me through this. I'm a very depressed and high-strung person, and this doesn't help matters at all.

Sorry to be so personal, but I had to get this off of my chest, so to speak. I need positive vibes today.

Brooke
04-27-2016, 01:36 PM
WS82, thoughts and prayers for you too! Good luck with everything!

WS82Classics
04-27-2016, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the kind thoughts. I admit I kinda felt completely ridiculous in getting as personal as I did earlier, but right now I'm not regretting that one bit.

After class let out, the lady I liked was chatting up someone on the phone and was in a hurry to get going, so I did not get the chance to say a proper farewell and to convey my most personal thanks for our friendship this past Semester. Do have one more bullet in the chamber of life's gun, though--Will be registering in person for a class this coming Tuesday, so I'll be able to meet with and have my instructor pass a few selected gift-like items over her way next time he sees her.

Listened to the first two Eagles albums, the last two Eagles albums(HC & TLR), and the first half of "On the Border" during my entire car trip today. Helped me cope with and get a proper handle on things. I did get quite a bit emotional as I was driving away. "New Kid in Town" was playing, and I specifically lost it at the part where Glenn evocatively sings "He's holding her, and you're still arooooound." I nearly utterly and completely broke down over both the sweetheart I never had a chance with and Glenn's dying 3 months ago, but had to compose myself real quick lest I wreck my car.

I'm feeling much better right now. I'm at peace with the fact that I'm never going to see or talk to her again. Praying helps me tremendously, and it works every time. Will be a difficult road ahead for me, but I know that somewhere out there is a woman just waiting for me, even if sometimes it feels like such a ridiculous little fantasy.

NOLA
04-27-2016, 09:47 PM
Good luck, WS82, as you move forward with school. You'll get through this. Chin up.😊

AlreadyGone95
04-28-2016, 01:33 PM
Best of luck with school, WS82.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers everyone. My unspoken problem has been resolved, with the best outcome, so now I can focus my attention on what really matters now. (School, my health etc)

I did have to go to the doctor this morning because of a UTI, which has had me feeling really drained lately, so I've got some antibiotics for it.

ETA: About an hour ago, I found out that my grandfather had fell and hit his head. He has a nasty gash, but is conscious from what I understand. My grandmother called the sheriff, who called the EMTs. They are taking him to the hospital, 45 minutes away. My grandmother really didn't want him to go, but the EMTs and the sheriff overrode her. That's all I know at the moment.

Jonny Come Lately
04-30-2016, 05:20 PM
I feel for you WS82, I have been in situations a bit like myself if not quite so strongly and it is always difficult when you have to say goodbye to someone you really like in that way. Hope it all works out well.

Just thought I'd post in here to warn you that you probably won't see too much of me in the next four weeks or so. I will be very busy with work over this time and really need to focus on that so will have to cut back on my posts on here for now. Hopefully I'll still be able to log on at least once a week if not more often, but I'm afraid I can't guarantee anything. May has always been like this for me over the last few years. Please don't worry about me, everything is otherwise absolutely fine - once I have got this busy period over with, I will be posting regularly again, when I will have a lot more time (in time for the OOTN and Eagles LP anniversaries!).

LuvTim
04-30-2016, 05:34 PM
I feel for you WS82, I have been in situations a bit like myself if not quite so strongly and it is always difficult when you have to say goodbye to someone you really like in that way. Hope it all works out well.

Just thought I'd post in here to warn you that you probably won't see too much of me in the next four weeks or so. I will be very busy with work over this time and really need to focus on that so will have to cut back on my posts on here for now. Hopefully I'll still be able to log on at least once a week if not more often, but I'm afraid I can't guarantee anything. May has always been like this for me over the last few years. Please don't worry about me, everything is otherwise absolutely fine - once I have got this busy period over with, I will be posting regularly again, when I will have a lot more time (in time for the OOTN and Eagles LP anniversaries!).

Thanks for the "heads up," JCL, and good luck during this busy time! :smile:

buffyfan145
05-01-2016, 09:41 AM
Thinking of you all WS82, JCL, and AG.

Today for me is somewhat sad as it's been a year since my Papa passed away. He had been sick for over 10 years and we all knew it was coming, but it was still hard at first to get used to especially for my Granny. She's loved him since she was 16 and they were married for over 55 years. My Papa was a little older than her so he was in his 80s when he passed. I remember he was always so joyful and loved talking to people, even if he didn't know them. He loved music and I remember being very little and him letting me listen to some of his favorite songs (Southern Gospel and traditional country) and having me focus on the story of the song and what the lyrics were meaning. It really helped me to start creating my own stories to songs and to start writing them. He also loved his Cincinnati Reds and it was weird him not being there for their opening day, but they ended up winning. I'll hopefully be going to a Reds game Wednesday, depending on the weather, and I'll be thinking of him while there. I also think it's so weird he passed on one of his favorite days, May Day. It's not really celebrated in the US like it used to be but he loved this day as it was a start to spring and how it fit with him being in the Navy. I miss him but I know he's back with God now and "home" like he said he would be.

I'm just so thankful I had all four of my grandparents for 28 years as so many I know didn't. We're getting together today to celebrate his life and be there for my Granny, my parents, and all my aunts, uncles, and cousins.

AlreadyGone95
05-01-2016, 11:44 AM
Best of luck with your busy time, JCL.

Buffy, I wish you the best today on the anniversary of your grandfather's passing.

Speaking of grandfathers, mine is back home with 7 staples in his head and bandaged left arm after the fall. He came home that same night around 9 o'clock. That fall was the 5th time he'd fallen that day. He's been in and out of it. My grandmother tried to get him up Saturday to eat at the table. She got him there, but when tried to get back up, he sank to the floor. She had to call the EMTs.
I spent last evening with my uncle. At exactly midnight, he got a call from my grandmother asking for help in getting him straightened back up in the bed. He had got up and walked a few feet into the bathroom. I saw him for the first time since the fall. He looked so frail, small and helpless. A nursing home is the only option, unless a hospital bed with the rails will keep him from getting up without assistance. We'll know where our cards lay sometime this week.

WalshFan88
05-02-2016, 01:20 AM
I'm so sorry I've slipped behind in catching up so I'll just say that I'm sending my well wishes to everyone here.

---

I'm doing pretty well, getting ready to go to a new allergist/immunologist Tuesday to talk about my anaphylactic shock happening.

WS82Classics
05-03-2016, 10:31 PM
Another episode of "Exposition Theater" from yours truly...

Finally got to fire that last of bullets in my life's gun today. After registering for my upcoming Semester in a Pest Management class(I'm a Horticulture student), I left my gift for the lady I liked on the teacher's desk with a letter specifying what and why it was for. I'm at fullest peace now, and am looking forward to whatever the future holds for me.

This will probably be my last Semester as a Horticulture student, as I am wanting to switch over to an actual college so I can study for a career in radio. When I was a teen up to just about a year ago, I dreamed of being a successful musician. Having stepped up to the mic at the local Open Mic Night a few times, I realized not only did I lack the talent for such performances, but I also lacked the drive to constantly assemble set-lists and stage-crafts every day, every week, etc. People eventually took a sturdy disliking to me and froze me out of the scene, which was just as well, as I knew I wasn't any sort of musician.

I do still have a dream of being a performer on some order--After all, I have a great time running my YouTube channel. I've always liked assembling musical tracks together to form a nice, cohesive album unit(about 80 minutes in length--about the musical allottage for a 2 hour slot with commercials) for listening in the car. Radio, when done right, can be performance art in a unique way. Performance for a shy, near-reclusive type like me who wants to say something in a wholly creative manner.

Have listened to radio all my life, and it really is the most powerful of earthly mediums(more than the trashy tube, which I will now have to shut off for a good long while). Reared myself musically on an Atlanta-area station called "94.9 Lite FM," which played select Eagles songs and, in every regard, foundationed my musical tastes and sensibilities. Earlier in the decade, the now-defunct "True Oldies Channel" format, with radio legend Scott Shannon DJing, used to play the songs I like and really communicated to me as a station.

Lite flipped to trashy, pull-my-finger Modern Country music a week before Christmas in 2006 and the TOC became News Radio in Summer 2012. There's really not much worth listening to on the radio dial these days. Real shame. I really feel there's a void that ought to be filled around here.

Of course, all this means that I have to figure out how to navigate acceptance letters, admissions, and advisory meetings. Worth it, but a little bit of a trying prospect sometimes.

Brooke
05-04-2016, 09:32 AM
WS82, best of luck to you in your new venture!

buffyfan145
05-04-2016, 10:15 AM
Best of luck WS82!!! :D I always loved radio, especially my local independent stations since they can still play what they want.

WS82Classics
05-04-2016, 08:34 PM
Thanks, guys. I really appreciate your warm regards. Hope you guys know I think of you all often.

Got my final project, a PowerPoint presentation-type deal for the class on Woody Plants, finished mere hours before it is due--I'm a master procrastinator from way back, and it's not one of the personal traits I'm most proud of having. I feel so exhausted.

It's been cool and breezy down around my way, which is the exact sort of Spring day I love. Going to do a trip to one of the nearby cities tomorrow, and am looking forward to bringing out my favourite denim jacket and some Beatles CD's I've not ever played in my car. Looking forward to a few weeks of travelling about and doing my video-making thing.

'Taking it easy' for the time being. Nice to rest my mind after these fairly and varyingly stressful past 2 months.

FWIW
05-04-2016, 09:56 PM
Congrats on completing your presentation WS82. Good luck on your next venture. Nice to hear that you stepped up to the mic even if it didn't ultimately work out. You won't be wondering "what if" later on. And you already have some ideas of what you want to do next.

buffyfan145
05-07-2016, 09:23 AM
I have my final exam today for my astronomy class and then I'll be on break till late August. :D It has been tough this semester but I do love science, so taking off this summer will be better. Plus, I'm still job searching since I got laid off earlier this year and hopefully the more availability will help. And it's Mother's Day tomorrow so getting all those plans for my Mom and my Grandmas in order.

jms18222
05-10-2016, 11:24 AM
Was just getting ready to leave for physical therapy but got a call that they needed to reschedule me. Lucky they didn't wait 15 more minutes or I would have been gone. Have to go tomorrow at 11 but I think they will have to reschedule Thursday's appointment too. Can't do PT 2 straight days.

I still have a few errands to run then I am meeting with my son to a sports bar to watch the last West Ham game at Upton Park. I believe it is against Manchester United which is a team I really dislike.

MortSahlFan
05-11-2016, 02:39 PM
Just finished my 2nd album... Just awaiting the proof and make sure it's ok (artwork, etc).. I play all the instruments, I don't use a computer - I have a built-in CD burner... I use one microphone for my drums, guitars, piano, etc...

FWIW
05-11-2016, 07:16 PM
Congrats MSF! How many instruments do you play?

buffyfan145
05-11-2016, 08:48 PM
Wow and Congrats MSF!!! :D

AlreadyGone95
05-12-2016, 02:16 AM
Congrats MSF, and best of luck with the job search, Buffy.

I've just started a clear liquid diet for the tests my GI doctor is doing on Friday. The sandwich that I ate a few hours ago will be the last solid food I can have until sometime late Friday afternoon. I'll start the actual prep tonight(Thursday.) Needless to say. I'm ready for that time on Friday afternoon to get here.

My grandfather is having good and bad spells. Yesterday, he managed to pack a suitcase and try to go out the door without any kind of walking aid. He was going to visit his brother who's been dead for I don't know how many years. He dreams of past events while sleeping, and when he wakes up, he tries to act them out as if they're happening now. My grandmother has ordered a hospital bed, which should be here sometime today. The rails on the bed will keep him in the bed when we need him to be, like at night. The wheels have been set in motion to get some type of home healthcare for my grandfather. He won't be going into a nursing home for now.

Brooke
05-12-2016, 09:27 AM
AG, bless him. It makes me so sad to hear these kinds of things with the elderly.

My mom isn't nearly as bad, but she has lots of short term memory issues. My sister takes care of all her bills and I had her out Saturday and she kept looking for her check book and a credit card, which she can't be trusted with anymore.

AlreadyGone95
05-12-2016, 10:21 PM
I hear ya, Brooke. I wish you the best with your mom. I feel for my grandfather and others in his situation. It's very hard to do what's best for them when you have to treat them as a child. They aren't able to or refuse to realize that you're trying to do what's best for them. I also realize that I may be in his shoes 60 or 70 years down the road, if I live that long :lol:.

The hospital bed was delivered today, and my grandfather is now in it. He knows why it's there, to " keep him a prisoner", as he puts it. He asked my uncle, " How would like to be a prisoner in your own home, almost completely confined to your bed?". He wants so badly to go outside and get bsome fresh air. It's the risk of falling and wondering off that keeps my grandmother from letting him do that.

A lady from hospice care came as well. She set up an appointment with his doctor for an evaluation to see if He's eligible for hospice care. I doubt he is because he doesn't have any terminal illnesses, just health problems.

AlreadyGone95
05-14-2016, 02:08 AM
My grandfather managed to get out of the hospital bed, despite the rails. He somehow slid down and get out at the opening at the bottom of the bed. There goes the main reason for getting the hospital bed.

My procedures didn't have any complications. My doctor did find some things. I have an actual diagnosis of IBS, plus my stomach is highly inflamed (gastritis), and some pylops. He did a biopsy on several of the pylops, to check for Barrett's esophagus and celiac disease. There's a good chance that I have both of those. I'll have the results in 10 days or so. A slight change in meds and changing my diet a bit should help. I go back to a follow up appointment in a little over a month.

Glennsallnighter
05-15-2016, 08:19 PM
I hear you too Brooke and AG!Its the same with me. I called out on spec to my parents this afternoon only to see Dad walking down the road in his shirt, trousers and his dressing gown which was held closed with a tie. he said he was going to get his watch fixed. Mum had no idea that he had even left the house and when I said it to her she rather absently said that sure he would come home. His hair looked unkempt and he looked like he hadn't shaved or been shaved for at least a week.
Its so obvious that they need care but my mother insists that they dont and is on the verge of being hostile to the carers who call each day, so there is very little we can do. I just hope that there is not a major crisis some day such as Dad wandering and getting lost or either of them falling.

Brooke
05-16-2016, 10:27 AM
Ga, so sorry about your Dad. When they get like this I wish God would go ahead and take them. It's so hard for them and their loved ones. Prayers for you and your family.

We've had two suicides around here in the past week that we have to go to the visitations this week. The first was one of my board member's 17 year old son. Broke up with his girlfriend and was depressed and shot himself. That poor family. The next one was a 87 year old neighbor who was in bad shape physically and his family wanted to put him in a nursing home. He didn't want to go and shot himself. So sad.

The thing is, they aren't thinking of anyone but themselves. What that does to those that are left is just so awful. :sad:

DJ
05-18-2016, 12:41 PM
I hear you all. Everyday I watch a elderly neighbor walk up and down the sidewalk with her purse, looking around like she is lost. It is so very sad. It's like she has somewhere to go, but can't not get there mentally. :(

Not too much happening in my life right now. The sun is shining and the weather is getting warmer. My daughter moved to a town about an hour away and my son is staying in the town where he attends college for the summer to work. It's about a hour and half drive from us. I am so used to having someone here, it gets pretty lonely. Thank goodness I have my two furry doggies to keep me company. My daughter's dog got hit by a car Monday night, the butt head driver didn't even stop. Broke his little leg. They couldn't find him for awhile, he was hiding in some bushes. Now he has a purple cast on his front leg. This is a crazy high spirited cow dog who loves to chase balls and for him not to be able to do that for 6 weeks is sad. He'll get some TLC from granma when we take care of him over the memorial day weekend as my daughter attends a wedding in AK.

I also am a bit sad. I learned a couple weeks ago my very first serious boyfriend passed away in 1998! I had wondered what happened to him for years and why I could never locate him, well now I know. He was my first real love interest and so full of life. He was a karate expert and so fit. I just wonder what happened. :cry: I keep all the letters he ever sent me, but cannot seem to find them. I cleaned out a bookcase a few years back and put all my old stuff in containers. I also put my wedding and baby albums in those containers. I still cannot locate where I put them! Someday's it nearly over takes my mind, where I could have possibley put these things. UGH! I know I didn't throw them away or give them to Goodwill. But these are my kids baby books, wow I hate that my memory is getting older.........

Brooke
05-18-2016, 01:52 PM
DJ, so sorry about your daughter's doggie, poor thing. Hopefully he will heal quickly and be back to his rambunctious self!

And I have done the same thing as far as putting the baby books away! I've looked and looked for them since I got my grandson and he is over 2 now! Still can't find them. I wanted to compare his growth with my son's! It's crazy! They have to be somewhere in my house! :brickwall:

Same thing with an old quilt that my great grandmother made. I've looked for it for years and not found it. I had it hanging on the balcony railing forever and it disappeared. I'm thinking that it may have gotten wrapped up in something else......my husband thinks my sister stole it! I can't quite believe that! But it's weird!

I do searches for these things every once in awhile! :headscratch:

jms18222
05-18-2016, 02:31 PM
So sorry Brooke & Kim. I know only too well what you are going through. My mom had it and it was horrible. She almost burned her house down twice so we had to remove the knobs from her oven & stove. Thank goodness she was never a wanderer, she was afraid to leave the house without me or my sister. It was so sad to see her struggle with what happened 5 minutes ago but remember full details of her childhood. Kim with the hospital bed, when my mom was admitted to the hospital, they had to restrain her hands otherwise she would pull her IV out and would roam the halls. Someone had to be in her room 24/7.

I am sitting here willing myself to start to walk a little bit today. 10,000 steps isn't going to happen today. Then I need to start searching for my dental insurance card. I know it came in, thought I knew where I put it but it's not there now. I am willing to bet it is under the couch or refrigerator knocked under by one of the cats.

AlreadyGone95
05-18-2016, 03:51 PM
Right now, my grandfather has highs and lows. A few days ago, he got out of the bed 3 times that day without falling. Then, there are days like yesterday, where he barely had enough strength to drink some Boost (the nutritional drink). He can't hardly swallow. He was supposed to go to his doctor today to have an evaluation. I don't think he went because of how poor his strength was yesterday. My grandmother didn't arrange medical transport beforehand, so he would've needed to be able to get in and out of a car a few times. Plus, he isn't coherent. He wouldn't understand what was going on and what he needed to do.

I'm now in the home stretch of preparing for college. I've spent the past few hours doing the small things that need to be done before May 31st. I had a check up with my regular doctor yesterday. Because of my ADHD, I'll start back taking small doses of Ritalin, to help me stay focused and not get distracted in a 3 hour class. My doctor is just guessing at the dosage needed for it work for college only. I don't want it working on the weekends lol.
One of the classes I signed up for is walking/jogging for fitness. (Why did I do that in the freaking summer?! :headscratch: :doh:) Because of my physical disability, I'll have to be extra careful to not overdo it. I was supposed to start doing physical therapy to help loosen up the joints that give me trouble. The therapy place didn't get the order. My doctor resent the order yesterday. Therapy should make this jogging class easier for me.

WS82Classics
05-18-2016, 04:00 PM
AG, Brooke, DJ, GA, and JMS, best wishes to all of you. Hope things will get better very soon.

Today, I start a new semester of classes at the tech school I go to. Today will probably be more of an orientation-type class than anything else. Kinda relieving to be going into a fairly unassuming and stress-free class for a change. The class I'm taking is in 'Pest Management,' which will be more of an outdoors-based class--Essentially in line with the 'Landscape Management' class I had last semester, except geared towards pests(of course).

Have been working out a few video ideas of late. Video-making is one of the only creative outlets I have where I can immerse myself and put out something half-way decent. My most recent offering is one with a Joe Walsh cut from his days in the James Gang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne3894zNTsA

Will be trekking to a few places tomorrow in the hopes of meeting new people and perhaps finding new music. While my CD & LP collections are massive enough to run a radio station as they are right now, I am an ever ambitious person who has a dream of playing the best of the bunch(both hits and misses) on the radio someday. Some of my latest additions to the music vault are Eagles selections(HFO, Glenn's "Strange Weather," and Tim's "Timothy B."), as well as Traffic, REO, and Rare Earth.

Fingers crossed that something good comes from all of this!

jms18222
05-22-2016, 11:39 AM
Kim that's the journey with dementia. I miss my mom every single moment but I don't miss the constant stress & worry when I wasn't with her. I also don't miss the 2 AM drives home & not knowing where I was because I was so tired, that was scary. I know she is with my dad.
On Friday I finally got to start house cleaning my spare room. This past winter it became the store all for me since I wasn't able to go up to the attic with this foot. Seems like after sitting there for 6 months most of the stuff was just not worth keeping. I did find a religious statute my mom worshipped. I was going to give it to my uncle as a memento of his sister but my mom must have broke it because the arms just crumbled so I ended up keeping it here. I was told blessed figurines needs to be buried in a cemetery so I was waiting for Spring to come & have it buried. I took it out of the box & such a calm came over me I decided to keep it in the spare room. I know...weird!

Tomorrow is my appointment with the ortho doctor so see where I am at. Wish me luck I don't need surgery. Tuesday is another round of PT. That will be a rough day for me. Need to find someone to go with me & keep me occupied.

AlreadyGone95
05-22-2016, 12:06 PM
Kim that's the journey with dementia. I miss my mom every single moment but I don't miss the constant stress & worry when I wasn't with her. I also don't miss the 2 AM drives home & not knowing where I was because I was so tired, that was scary. I know she is with my dad.
On Friday I finally got to start house cleaning my spare room. This past winter it became the store all for me since I wasn't able to go up to the attic with this foot. Seems like after sitting there for 6 months most of the stuff was just not worth keeping. I did find a religious statute my mom worshipped. I was going to give it to my uncle as a memento of his sister but my mom must have broke it because the arms just crumbled so I ended up keeping it here. I was told blessed figurines needs to be buried in a cemetery so I was waiting for Spring to come & have it buried. I took it out of the box & such a calm came over me I decided to keep it in the spare room. I know...weird!

Tomorrow is my appointment with the ortho doctor so see where I am at. Wish me luck I don't need surgery. Tuesday is another round of PT. That will be a rough day for me. Need to find someone to go with me & keep me occupied.

Yeah, my uncle is getting tired of the all hours calls. It has taken a toll on all of us. This morning, my mom got a call from my grandmother. My grandfather's breathing is not normal. We're preparing ourselves for the worst to happen sooner rather than later. To be honest, when it does happen, it'll be a terrible relief, to quote Mr. Henley.

I hope that your doctor's appointment goes will and you get good news, Joy.

Best of luck with your classes, WS.

LuvTim
05-22-2016, 02:12 PM
Hoping for the best for each of you. :grouphug:

buffyfan145
05-22-2016, 04:31 PM
I understand what you're all going through too. My Papa had memory issues too, not full dementia, but adding on with him in a wheelchair, his heart issues, and his prostrate cancer it was just bad at the end before he passed. My Granny was nine years younger and they lived with my uncle (she still does) so they were better able to care for him with us helping out too when we could. Luckily my other grandparents who are the same age my Papa was hasn't been affected like that memory wise, but my Grandma did fall recently and they too refuse to leave their house or get help.

Now though my Granny is finally getting more help with her RA and going to have reconstructive surgery on her feet, one this year and one next year. She put off a lot of possible surgeries they could have done so she could take care of my Papa, but now she's said it's time to take care of herself. Her hands can't be worked on but she's taught herself again how to do everything and use her hands the way they are now. But the feet she needs done to still walk. Seeing what's happened to her hands and feet it makes me in a way feel glad Glenn's didn't progress that far.

Plus, my Mom is finally going to be tested for RA too in August since she's starting to develop some sort of arthritis in her hands and joints and my Granny notices it's similar to hers. The weird thing is my Mom will be 53 and that's how old my Granny was when she was diagnosed. It can be hereditary but my Granny didn't know of any relatives before her having it but if my Mom does that'll mean her siblings, my brother, cousins, and I will always have to keep an eye out as we age.

AlreadyGone95
05-23-2016, 12:23 AM
I lost my grandfather last night around 8 o'clock :weep::weep::-(. At least he's not suffering anymore. 92 is not an age to sneeze at, though. This week is going to be extremely long and tough because of dealing with his death and making final preparations for college. I really don't feel like messing with college right now, but it was to be done. :depressed: He was the last of my 4 grandfathers still living.

LuvTim
05-23-2016, 12:55 AM
Oh, Kim, I'm so sorry. :-(

Glennsallnighter
05-23-2016, 06:56 AM
Kim I am so sorry for your loss. I know what an integral part of your family he was. At least he is at peace and had a fine long life. Sending you hugs.

buffyfan145
05-23-2016, 10:05 AM
I'm so sorry Kim. Sending prayers for you and your family.

Brooke
05-23-2016, 12:00 PM
Kim, so sorry to hear about your grandfather. But at least he is at peace now and yes, he had a long life. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

AlreadyGone95
05-23-2016, 12:33 PM
Thanks everyone :grouphug:. Your thoughts and prayers mean a lot. My mom, grandmother, and her son are making the funeral arrangements now.( I probably won't be very active tomorrow or Wednesday.) As I said about this time yesterday, his passing is a terrible relief. He's not suffering and he had a long life, but he will be missed by a lot of people.

Gemini
05-23-2016, 05:21 PM
So sorry to hear about your grandfather. You're in my thoughts. Take care of yourself as you grieve.

L101
05-23-2016, 06:01 PM
Sorry to hear about your Granddad AG

Freypower
05-23-2016, 07:18 PM
Sympathy to you Kim on the loss of your grandfather.:depressed:

jms18222
05-24-2016, 10:25 AM
Oh Kim I am so sorry. As sad as it is right now you know he is no longer in pain. Trust me they don't want to live life like that. Remember the good times & leave the past year or 2 out. If you need to talk I am here.

Today would have been my 36th wedding anniversary. I had my cry in bed this morning but now I need to get finished with breakfast, shower & get ready for physical therapy. I just hope my kid comes over & spends time with me tonight but I doubt it. Time to deal with life.

Brooke
05-24-2016, 01:38 PM
Thinking of you, jms. :hug:

This morning I took my mom to her diabetes dr. checkup. She is doing much better since moving to the assisted living place. She's lost 14 pounds and her A1C is down to 7.2 from 12 last October. Control over what she was eating seems to work. She asked me to get her a candy bar on the way back! Had to say no though. I guess you crave it when you can't have it at all and have no way to get it. She had one Saturday, so no need to let it become a habit again, but having something once in a while is ok.

Memory is no better though! :roll:

UndertheWire
05-24-2016, 02:38 PM
Kin, I'm sorry about your grandfather but now you can start to think of him as he was before the dementia and other illnesses. A 90 year-old friend explained to me that although he planned to live to 110, if he was to die sooner, he was ready and he'd had a good life.Take care of yourself.

jms, I hope your son comes to see you tonight but if not, we're here.

Jonny Come Lately
05-24-2016, 04:13 PM
Sorry to hear about your grandfather Kim. I'm afraid I cannot relate to your situation as one of my grandfathers passed away before I was born and the other died when I was very small. And sorry to hear about you as well jms.

As you may know I haven't been around here much lately (I am well aware that I missed some very interesting threads that I intend to reply to in time, but haven't got time to lately) and this is because I have a hectic run of exam papers. For some reason on Bob Dylan's birthday (24th May) I almost invariably have to take an exam (the only time in the last six years when I haven't was last year, when the 24th was a Sunday - I even had a Saturday paper on this day two years ago! :laugh:) and today was no different. Not gone too badly so far, although I still have quite a lot to do as I've got a couple more papers to do. Once they are out of the way, I should hopefully be back more often within the next week or so.

AlreadyGone95
05-25-2016, 12:19 AM
Thanks again for the support everyone. The viewing or visitation was tonight (or technically last night as the clock has just struck midnight). The funeral is tomorrow morning. I had a hard time seeing him there because the visitation was open casket. He didn't look anything like the "Pop" I knew. The funeral home and the room he was in is the same one that my dad's was 9 years ago. Being there opened a floodgate of memories, which made me even sadder. My mom is taking his death very hard, and it has taken its toll on her. I think that I speak for most of the family when I saw we're ready for tomorrow to be in the past.

I'll be glad when Thursday is over with because then I'll have 3 free days to grieve and clear my head before Tuesday.

Joy, I hope that your son did come.

Brooke, glad that your mom is doing at bit better.

And Jonny, I hope that you ace those exam papers!

bluefeather
05-25-2016, 04:36 AM
sorry for your loss Kim, I'm sending good vibes your way

DivineDon
05-25-2016, 06:57 AM
My condolences, AG95 on your loss. I've only just read this thread now so sorry I didn't post sooner.

...and to everyone else struggling at the moment, keep strong!

NightMistBlue
05-25-2016, 09:37 AM
My condolences, Kim.

Will you be living at home while you attend college? Good luck to you.

I'm fighting with my evil mortgage company today and then flying up to N.C. on Friday for my nephew's memorial service.

AlreadyGone95
05-25-2016, 03:12 PM
My condolences, Kim.

Will you be living at home while you attend college? Good luck to you.

I'm fighting with my evil mortgage company today and then flying up to N.C. on Friday for my nephew's memorial service.

Yes, I'll be living at home. The college doesn't have dorms, and I can't afford an apartment. Plus, I'll be attending all 3 can!puses, which are all in three different cities.

NightMistBlue
05-25-2016, 03:46 PM
Holy smokes, you'll be driving a lot.

AlreadyGone95
05-25-2016, 04:05 PM
Holy smokes, you'll be driving a lot.

Yes. All of my summer classes are at the campus closest to me. Three of my four fall classes are at the main campus, with the other one being in a newly built, state of the art, campus. My schedule isn't all that hectic, though. I'll stay at the campus in between classes, and I have Freydays off. I am glad that gas prices are much more affordable now. I'll have to get used to getting up around 7:15 or 8:00 again.

Glennsallnighter
05-25-2016, 05:17 PM
That's late!! I'm up at 6am most mornings!!

Seriously though good luck. Hope it all works out for you

Jonny Come Lately
05-29-2016, 07:05 AM
And Jonny, I hope that you ace those exam papers!

Thanks Kim! Hadn't got around to checking this thread until now so this is the first. Happily I think the last two exams seemed to okay. It's all been rather different today as I've completed all the papers and can relax for a bit now. I'll probably end up bumping a few threads that I didn't time to think about posting in when they first came up. I'm also looking forward to getting to know some of the newer forum members better.

I wish you good luck with your own studies, and I hope the travelling isn't too much of a hassle.

Annoying Twit
05-30-2016, 01:44 PM
I do volunteer ecological work.

You can clear an awful lot of invasive weed in two hours.

AlreadyGone95
06-01-2016, 12:12 AM
The first day of school was decent, I guess. I got through it. I've seen the posts of my friends telling of how they feel overwhelmed by their college classes. Six classes is a lot for any semester, but it's almost too much for summer semester. I can't back out now, though I wish that I could. I know that I can probably do the work. That's not the problem. I don't think that I can handle it mentally. I've only done one day, yet I'm feeling physically sick due to anxiety. I have such a hard time adjusting. I just want to shut down and hide. I know that you're not supposed to hide from things, but I don't think that I can handle this. I also can't help but think that I can't function in the real world. I just don't have what it takes. I've felt so positive over the past few months, but it's all come crashing down in just a few hours. :depressed:

Brooke
06-01-2016, 10:38 AM
AG, you can do anything you set your mind to. Hang in there, it will get better and easier. Be tough and believe!

UndertheWire
06-02-2016, 12:15 PM
AG, I hope the second day was less daunting. Most of us have doubts on first days, whether it's at college or a new job. Before long, many things will become second nature and you'll have more energy and brain-power free for the important stuff.

WS82Classics
06-02-2016, 01:56 PM
First days are always the most difficult, whether you're doing school work or helping out at a Church's Vacation Bible School(as I'll be doing later in the month). As you get further into the scheme of things, things gets markedly easier. That said, six classes is more than I've ever taken in a single semester. Wow. Best regards to you in your school ventures.

And AG, I was sorry to read of your Grandfather's passing a few weeks back. Having already lost three of my four grandparents, it is difficult. From my experience, things do get better with time and you will remember them for the better days, and not as much for those final days and weeks. It does take precious time, though. I'm thinking of you at this time.

jms18222
06-02-2016, 03:53 PM
Kim you can do this, I know you can! When you feel overwhelmed take a 15 minute break & just go to a happy place.

Had my MRI done yesterday & see the doctor Monday to figure out how we proceed next. Came home & started with a massive migraine which I still have today. The new neighbor has been grinding metal all day long. The urge to go over & smack him silly is becoming a real possibility. Did get the pool open but it is white so now I will be fighting that for a bit, difficult to move around a pool with a cast on. Life goes on!

Jonny Come Lately
06-02-2016, 03:58 PM
Kim, I agree with what everyone else has said. Keep going through the difficult times, I'm sure it will be worth the initial struggle. I know from my own experiences at university that the earliest weeks are by far the toughest, there was one point after a few weeks where it felt like being on a treadmill that was being turned up to go faster and faster with each passing week while I was still adjusting to life away from home for the first time.

One thing that really helped me through this time was music - I was exploring the catalogue of a certain country-influenced American rock band (hmm, can't think which one :wink:), whose music helped me a lot along with some of my other favourites.

buffyfan145
06-02-2016, 04:35 PM
Wishing you the best of luck with school too Kim. It is hard the first day, or in my case having the first day twice as I had to take a couple years off of college for work and changed my major, but it's worth it and it will get easier.

WalshFan88
06-02-2016, 04:40 PM
Dang it, I've missed a couple pages. I went back and read everything but trying to remember everything is tough. Hope everyone is doing well. Thoughts/well wishes/prayers to everyone that needs it.

-----

I'm stable health-wise for the time being. Just had my 6 month post op checkup on my hip replacements and they are doing great. Looking forward to this summer even though I have no vacation plans.

AlreadyGone95
06-02-2016, 05:44 PM
Thanks everyone. Anxiety just had me about ready throw in the towel. I'm feeling better today. I took yesterday off to regroup and to rest after an IBS flare-up which was caused by the anxiety. One class I have, First Year Experience, is designed to help new students transition into college. I had my first class in that course this afternoon. A few others are taking that class this summer, so we can support each other. I've gotten used to the online class website, so that's a plus. I still think that 6 classes is too much, but I'll just have to do my best because the add/drop period has ended.

LuvTim
06-02-2016, 09:34 PM
Thanks everyone. Anxiety just had me about ready throw in the towel. I'm feeling better today. I took yesterday off to regroup and to rest after an IBS flare-up which was caused by the anxiety. One class I have, First Year Experience, is designed to help new students transition into college. I had my first class in that course this afternoon. A few others are taking that class this summer, so we can support each other. I've gotten used to the online class website, so that's a plus. I still think that 6 classes is too much, but I'll just have to do my best because the add/drop period has ended.

Kim, 18 hours is a lot, but you're up to the challenge. Hang in there: once you get into the swing of things, you are going to excel. Trust me.

PM me anytime you need support.

waynemills
06-03-2016, 03:33 AM
Hey Brothers and Sisters of The Eagles fans, I've been reading a lot of your notes to one another. I'm 61 years old as of yesterday. I play in a band and I'm retired now. I understand a lot of what your going through. Life is no bed of roses. Every day is a challenge and seems like it gets worse each day. But hang in there. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I see a lot of you are going to school and that's a hard thing to do. I remember those days. How hard they were and felt like my head was going to roll right off my shoulders. But remember theses days. When you get to be my age and the time will get there before you know it, you will look back and these days will be a remembrance of happy days. All the friends you had in school, all the parties you went to and for some of you, how you met that someone special. Now, all that is a happy thought that comes to me from time to time. I play, travel and spend time with my someone special. It gets better, trust me. Maybe we'll run into one another out there. I play for a band that travels every now and again to play for benefits and parties. Sometimes we play when other bands need time off from their schedules. Hang in there, and have a good life.

Brooke
06-03-2016, 09:54 AM
Amen, wayne! And welcome to the Border!

AlreadyGone95
06-03-2016, 11:48 AM
Kim, 18 hours is a lot, but you're up to the challenge. Hang in there: once you get into the swing of things, you are going to excel. Trust me.

PM me anytime you need support.

Actually, it's only 12 hours. ( two 3 hour classes, two 2 hour classes, and two 1 hour classes). My mom insisted that I be a full time student, despite the advice of the advisor against a heavy workload in the summer. I think that I can handle it, but my grades in a few of the classes might not be as high as they could be. My goal is just to pass all 6. I hope to get all As and Bs, but I'll be satisfied with passing even with 1 or 2 Cs.

Speaking of my mom, she's not doing too well at the moment. She has some kind of insect bite that developed an abscess. Needless to say, it's very painful for her. The medicines for it are making her sick on her stomach.

My other uncle (not the one I mention a lot), went to ER a few days ago with severe chest pain. The diagnosis was that he almost had a heart attack. Heart trouble does run in our family, but it usually doesn't start to show until age 65 or older. My uncle is only 57 ( or will be later this month). He's supposed to have some tests done today.

LuvTim
06-03-2016, 11:55 AM
Actually, it's only 12 hours. ( two 3 hour classes, two 2 hour classes, and two 1 hour classes). My mom insisted that I be a full time student, despite the advice of the advisor against a heavy workload in the summer. I think that I can handle it, but my grades in a few of the classes might not be as high as they could be. My goal is just to pass all 6. I hope to get all As and Bs, but I'll be satisfied with passing even with 1 or 2 Cs.

Speaking of my mom, she's not doing too well at the moment. She has some kind of insect bite that developed an abscess. Needless to say, it's very painful for her. The medicines for it are making her sick on her stomach.

My other uncle (not the one I mention a lot), went to ER a few days ago with severe chest pain. The diagnosis was that he almost had a heart attack. Heart trouble does run in our family, but it usually doesn't start to show until age 65 or older. My uncle is only 57 ( or will be later this month). He's supposed to have some tests done today.

My best wishes to you and your family for good health.
Keep the faith, girl.

jms18222
06-03-2016, 02:21 PM
Welcome Wayne. It's just one of those little "rain shower" moments for me but, in my defense, I have been dealing with a painful foot injury for 7 months. If I need surgery then do the dang surgery so I cab heal & wear heels again!

My cats are going crazy because they hear turkeys in the field behind my house but they can't see them!

LuvTim
06-03-2016, 03:18 PM
Welcome Wayne. It's just one of those little "rain shower" moments for me but, in my defense, I have been dealing with a painful foot injury for 7 months. If I need surgery then do the dang surgery so I cab heal & wear heels again!

My cats are going crazy because they hear turkeys in the field behind my house but they can't see them!

Those crazy Cats! 🐱🐱

TequilaSunrise82
06-04-2016, 09:25 AM
Hi fellow Eagles fans, I've been reading through all the stories on this thread and I hope everyone is doing well. I never share much about my personal life on the web but reading everyone's stories makes me feel like sharing...

I'm 33, mother to two boys ages 2 and 4 and recently moved out of state for hubby's job and left all of our family and friends behind. It's been a rough few months getting adjusted and I am extremely homesick. I am starting a new job on Monday which will be my first full-time gig since before I had my kids (for the past 4 years I have either worked part-time or been home). My father has recently been diagnosed with cancer and it's been tough on me especially since I am not there to help him and my mom figure out his doctor appointments, insurance, etc. Oh and throw in some anxiety issues I have and as you can imagine, I am having a hard time staying positive.

One thing that has been true my whole life: when things get bad, music always comes to the rescue. It calms, soothes and focuses me. Sometimes it helps me deal with the reality of things and sometimes it lets me escape from them for a bit. When Glenn passed away in January it was a huge blow. I had never felt so devastated about anyone passing, which was so odd to me considering the man is technically a stranger. I was in such a state I thought I might need mental help! This past month with job interviews has been stressful but hearing Glenn's voice has seemingly gotten me through.

Now I feel like I am babbling so I'll stop here. I look forward to reading more of your stories :-)

buffyfan145
06-04-2016, 09:49 AM
Sending prayers for you too Tequila. I have bad anxiety too so I totally understand, and music always has been a help too. Glenn's passing was the same for me too and I haven't taken a celeb's death as hard since George Harrison passed away.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-04-2016, 11:11 AM
Sending prayers and good luck to you.
You will be fine if you keep your head high and look to the future .
There is new adventure at every turn .
Remeber as you arrise each morning, you can hear .you can see and you are on the right side of the grass

LuvTim
06-04-2016, 11:29 AM
TS82, I can identify with much of what you say. I know how it feels to have to move and leave friends and family, and also how difficult it can be to be far removed from home when the parents fall ill. I will echo the advice you've heard before: keep a good attitude, stay positive, count your blessings every day and every night. It will help you to sleep better. And it sounds like you need your sleep! Best wishes! :-)

And thank goodness for music! :rockguitar:

TequilaSunrise82
06-04-2016, 06:28 PM
Sending prayers for you too Tequila. I have bad anxiety too so I totally understand, and music always has been a help too. Glenn's passing was the same for me too and I haven't taken a celeb's death as hard since George Harrison passed away.

Buffy thank you for your prayers. I am a huge Beatles fan as well (probably wouldn't have gotten through junior high without them) and was beyond sad when George passed away but I had more of a "normal" reaction to his death in that it didn't prevent me from carrying on with my daily life. I still can't figure out why I took Glenn's passing so hard. Doing better now then 4 months ago but it still feels surreal.

TequilaSunrise82
06-04-2016, 06:31 PM
Thank you Tiffanny and LuvTim for your kind words :smile:

Brooke
06-06-2016, 02:11 PM
TS, it sounds like you've been through a lot and I can only echo what others have said, and especially this from Buffy: keep a good attitude, stay positive, count your blessings every day and every night. It will help you to sleep better.

Hang in there, this too shall pass. Hugs and prayers.

TequilaSunrise82
06-06-2016, 09:40 PM
Thank you Brooke :)

buffyfan145
06-08-2016, 10:00 AM
I've been in some pain thanks to my wisdom teeth finally deciding to come in. Feels weird being almost thirty and they're just now bothering me as I remember friends getting them out in high school. I've always been fearful of going to the dentist and don't have dental insurance so this is not going to be fun. But I have to and will be nice not having to deal with this pain.

Annoying Twit
06-08-2016, 01:27 PM
I've been in some pain thanks to my wisdom teeth finally deciding to come in. Feels weird being almost thirty and they're just now bothering me as I remember friends getting them out in high school. I've always been fearful of going to the dentist and don't have dental insurance so this is not going to be fun. But I have to and will be nice not having to deal with this pain.

That happened to me, when I was about your age. I didn't know what was happening, then the new teeth came through.

AlreadyGone95
06-09-2016, 12:46 AM
Best of luck in adjusting to your new home and life. I wish your dad the best. I don't know what it's like to move, but I am still adjusting to college, so I can understand in that aspect.

Buffy, I had my wisdom teeth taken out 2 years ago. One of mine had a bad cavity, so the oral surgeon decided to remove all 3 of mine(my bottom right tooth never came in). The surgery was worth it to get rid of the pain, though the first few days of recovery were hard for me. I hope everything works out and the bill isn't too much.

I've adjusted fairly well to college now.(it's obviously cut into the time I spend on here.) I'm still a bit apprehensive and have some anxiety, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was. All of my teachers are great and very helpful, which is what has helped me out the most. I've got a rhythm going with the online classes. The only problem I've had is sleeping. My sleep pattern is all out of whack. I'm only getting about 5 hours of sleep each night, which is making me feel horrible.

I got the results of the biopsys I had done a few weeks ago. I do have Celiac's Disease, which means that I really need to cut out most, if not all, wheat products. I know that I won't be able to cut it all due to the prices of gluten free products, and having to eat whatever there is to eat at college or at home sometimes. I'll just have to watch it more than I have been.

My mom is healing well from the insect bite. My uncle still doesn't know what caused the near heart attack. I think he's supposed to get more tests done soon.

LuvTim
06-09-2016, 12:51 AM
AG, I'm still thinking of you and wishing you well each day. It's good to know that you're feeling better about school and that your mom is improving.

Buffy, good luck at the dentist!

Glennsallnighter
06-09-2016, 04:43 AM
It's good that you got the diagnosis so that now you know what the issue is. Quite a lot of Irish people have Coeliac (it's the country with the highest incidence in the world) so we have a lot of Gluten Free (GF!!) food options on menus and in shops. You really need to stay off ALL gluten products or your intestines will really suffer as you get older. Can your public health system give you financial help if you find these products are too costly for you?

AlreadyGone95
06-09-2016, 08:48 AM
It's good that you got the diagnosis so that now you know what the issue is. Quite a lot of Irish people have Coeliac (it's the country with the highest incidence in the world) so we have a lot of Gluten Free (GF!!) food options on menus and in shops. You really need to stay off ALL gluten products or your intestines will really suffer as you get older. Can your public health system give you financial help if you find these products are too costly for you?

There's very little gluten free items here.It's not cost effective for stores to have gf products. There's help for food in general, which I do qualify for, but it's not a lot (for 2 people). My mom won't eat any gf products because she thinks that they'll taste horrible. Because of this, I have to eat wheat because we can't afford to buy 2 different items that is the same product.

WKMB55
06-09-2016, 09:03 AM
I have the privilege of spending the rest of the month visiting my son and his family. I get to baby sit (or "grandparent" as I prefer to call it) my two grandchildren ages 10 years and 9 weeks. It is a difficult day for my daughter in law. She had to go back to work since her 9 weeks maternity leave is over.

buffyfan145
06-09-2016, 10:18 AM
Thanks everyone. :) I can't get in till Monday but we'll figure out what to do then. The pain actually has gone done somewhat but the wisdom tooth that's bothering me is pretty much in but it's not facing the right way and feels like it's trying to cut into my cheek. :( Out of the four one I get to keep since it took the place of a molar I had pulled as a teenager with my braces, but this 2nd one has to go now. The other two still haven't emerged so hopefully I'll get some options.

Thinking of you too AG.

DivineDon
06-10-2016, 10:58 AM
There's very little gluten free items here.It's not cost effective for stores to have gf products. There's help for food in general, which I do qualify for, but it's not a lot (for 2 people). My mom won't eat any gf products because she thinks that they'll taste horrible. Because of this, I have to eat wheat because we can't afford to buy 2 different items that is the same product.

GA is right, AG, you have to cut out gluten completely if you're coeliac. I have gluten intolerance but am not fully coeliac. There is a good choice of GF food here but it is expensive. My advice to you is to contact the Coeliac Association in the US and get them to advise you regarding your diet, any benefits towards your food and maybe even recipes you can follow which would be cheaper and tastier in the long run. GF bought food can be hit and miss though things have definitely improved here anyway. If you don't cut it out completely your organs will be effected in years to come and you'll regret it so you have to be vigilant. You'll find that your energy levels, mood swings and whole system will improve which will help you with your college work so think about it seriously. I had to cut it out because it made me so ill - it's hard but it will be worth it.

Brooke
06-10-2016, 12:06 PM
AG good luck to you. Hopefully you can get the gf food you need.

WKM, have fun with your grands! Mine is coming home today and has been gone 2 weeks. Can't wait to see the little stinker!

Please remember my brother and his wife in your prayers. They were involved in a motorcycle accident last night. Both were taken to two different hospitals and are going to be ok, but it was pretty scary. My brother is out and only suffered a broken thumb on one hand and broken little finger on the other besides bad road scrapes. My sister n law is much worse. She has broken ribs, broken wrist, cracked vertebra, broken shoulder, and two small brain bleeds. She will be ok, but long recovery. He said he looked up and a truck was turning left in front of them and he took the ditch to avoid hitting it.

AlreadyGone95
06-10-2016, 12:17 PM
GA is right, AG, you have to cut out gluten completely if you're coeliac. I have gluten intolerance but am not fully coeliac. There is a good choice of GF food here but it is expensive. My advice to you is to contact the Coeliac Association in the US and get them to advise you regarding your diet, any benefits towards your food and maybe even recipes you can follow which would be cheaper and tastier in the long run. GF bought food can be hit and miss though things have definitely improved here anyway. If you don't cut it out completely your organs will be effected in years to come and you'll regret it so you have to be vigilant. You'll find that your energy levels, mood swings and whole system will improve which will help you with your college work so think about it seriously. I had to cut it out because it made me so ill - it's hard but it will be worth it.

I have an appointment in 2 weeks to see my GI doctor again, so I'll talk to him about this.Like I said, I don't have many options for gf items. Walmart and Publix both have a few small shelves of them, but I only go to them once a month for groceries. I do buy gluten free snack items that only I like. The small cafe at the campus for my summer classes serves mostly food with gluten (sandwiches and the like. I don't know about the other 2 campuses.) I will look up that association and see what they can offer. For now, until grocery day, i will just try to limit my intake when I can. I've already missed 2 days of college due to flare-ups of this problem and IBS, so something must be done.

Brooke, your brother and sister in law are in my thoughts snd prayers.

DivineDon
06-10-2016, 12:26 PM

WKM, have fun with your grands! Mine is coming home today and has been gone 2 weeks. Can't wait to see the little stinker!

Please remember my brother and his wife in your prayers. They were involved in a motorcycle accident last night. Both were taken to two different hospitals and are going to be ok, but it was pretty scary. My brother is out and only suffered a broken thumb on one hand and broken little finger on the other besides bad road scrapes. My sister n law is much worse. She has broken ribs, broken wrist, cracked vertebra, broken shoulder, and two small brain bleeds. She will be ok, but long recovery. He said he looked up and a truck was turning left in front of them and he took the ditch to avoid hitting it.

Gosh - sorry to hear this, Brooke. I hope they'll both be okay - it sounds like it was really scary. They're lucky they got through it.

L101
06-10-2016, 01:32 PM
Brooke - Hope your brother and his wife get better soon - sounds pretty scary!!

AG - good luck with adapting to a GF way of eating - as GA and DD say, it is best to cut it out completely but sometimes that really can't happen, so try to limit or change what you eat until you can really change your diet.

Everyone else, hope you all have a great summer ;-)

buffyfan145
06-10-2016, 04:18 PM
Sending prayers for them too Brooke. That is so scary.

jms18222
06-10-2016, 04:38 PM
Brooke sending prayers. Glad they will be ok.

Kim, you have to learn a whole different way to eat. It's difficult & expensive, trust me I understand all too well, but you have no choice. I can't remember the last time I have red meat but my body just can not process it. My GI doctor told me I needed to make changes or get used to a colestomy bag because that is where I was headed. It's a whole new lifestyle but you get used to it. Thinking about you. How is college going?

I'm complaining about my lack of summer. It's seriously cold up here. I saw my orthopedic doctor this week to get the MRI results. I broke a bone in my ankle, 2 in my foot, 2 toes & had a partial tear in my peroneal tendon. Everything has healed but the tendon tear left scar tissue which I am going to have to live with. Surgery to remove the scar will result in additional scaring. I just have to keep doing physical therapy, wear a brace & use K tape.

Freypower
06-10-2016, 06:52 PM

Best wishes & speedy recovery to them Brooke. I saw something on your FB page but I didn't realise who they were.

Glennsallnighter
06-11-2016, 12:04 PM
I have the privilege of spending the rest of the month visiting my son and his family. I get to baby sit (or "grandparent" as I prefer to call it) my two grandchildren ages 10 years and 9 weeks. It is a difficult day for my daughter in law. She had to go back to work since her 9 weeks maternity leave is over.
That's not a lot of leave at all! We get 26 and can then take up to 8 more unpaid!!

Brooke sending prayers and good vibes to your family. I'm glad they are not in danger and I hope they make a full recovery

Brooke
06-13-2016, 09:24 AM
Thanks everyone. My brother is doing fine, but my snl is still in the hospital and not doing well. She is having some memory problems, but they think that will come back. She's in a lot of pain from all the injuries. It's just going to take some time.

jms, prayers for your foot/ankle/leg to heal quickly.

buffyfan145
06-13-2016, 04:08 PM
Sending prayers for your sister-in-law Brooke.

My dentist appointment went so much better than I thought. :) Turns out I don’t need my wisdom tooth pulled after all as it actually has come in straight. It’s not in line with the other teeth as it’s slightly to the left but I do actually have room for it. The pain I was feeling was just from it coming in and there’s no infections or cavities there or in my other teeth. They told me if it does bother me later I could have it removed but it would be by an oral surgeon since my mouth is so small. Also, apparently I would really only need one wisdom tooth pulled of the four and is sideways under the gums, but it’s possible it might never try to break through. Just find it surprising since my parents both had all their wisdom teeth taken out when they were teens and my brother and I haven’t needed to. So it went way better than expected and the cost was so much better too. :D

Brooke
06-13-2016, 04:17 PM
Good news, Buffy!

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled plus an impacted eye tooth way back right after high school. I don't like that memory at all! My daughter had hers out too, but not my son. You never know, I guess.

NOLA
06-13-2016, 04:21 PM
Brooke, as a fellow motorcyclist, my best wishes to your brother, and especially your sister-in-law, on their road to recovery. Relieved that they both survived the crash, but worried about the extent of the injuries. I hope she gets better in the coming days. They'll both be in my thoughts and prayers! 🙏🏻
On a side note, everyone please be watchful for motorcyclists on the road. Warm weather brings out a lot of riders, and we lose too many every year from crashes.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-14-2016, 06:35 AM
You are never going to get better if you keep injesting what makes you sick.
like gluten and wheat .

I have a true gluten allergy .I do Not eat it .
You can talk to food services they will help
At the hospital
They got in g freebread
Snacks and bars
Watch your in take of soy which is used as a Substitute ,it can be hard on your digestion tol

Jonny Come Lately
06-14-2016, 11:05 AM
Brooke, very sorry to hear about your family. I hope they recover soon.

AG95, good luck adjusting to a gluten-free diet. I can relate to this because as a child was highly sensitive to gluten and switching to a GF diet made me a lot healthier and happier. I've become less sensitive as I've got older but even now it does slow me down somewhat if I have significant amounts. Even doing small things does help, like removing the bun from burgers (I still do this if I need to be particularly alert).

AlreadyGone95
06-15-2016, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the advice and well wishes on starting a gluten free diet, everyone. I'm trying to stay away from it, but it's hard, especially since I live with someone who doesn't understand and won't budge on buying even a few gf items that aren't just for me. I have tried talking to my mom twice since my diagnosis about this, but she won't listen. My uncle does understand, so I'll have some stuff at his house. It's even harder for me to control it when eating out. After my only class of the day on Monday, my mom drove to Pizza Hut without asking me. She then wondered why I only ate 2 small slices of pizza. She scoffed when I told her why, said "why can't you be normal?". It's an up hill battle to say the least. I'll have to buy some gf stuff with my money when I can.

Joy, college is going fairly well. I have all As so far, but I was dropped from 2 classes due to missing the first 2 classes of both because of the flare-ups. I could've reenrolled since I do have a medical excuse, but I decided not to. My other 4 classes are keeping me pretty busy, so I don't want more work added with only 5 weeks left in the semester I can take the 2 classes at a later date. Right now, I'm busy with first drafts of 2 essays, one for English class and the other for my class in southern Gothic fiction, plus a reading assignment for English and a project for my computer class.

Brooke, I hope your SnL is doing better.

buffyfan145
06-16-2016, 04:03 PM
One of mine and my brother's high school friends just revealed to us he has testicular cancer and it's already started to spread. It totally shocked us since he just turned 30 a couple months ago and he's the first in our graduating class to have cancer. His mother died from it about 10 years ago and he's got a little boy himself. It's just so sad and I'm hoping and praying he can beat this.

Brooke
06-16-2016, 04:39 PM
So sorry, Buffy. I have a distant relative that had it many years ago and is doing fine today, so hopefully, he can beat it. Prayers for him.

Annoying Twit
06-16-2016, 05:58 PM
AG: pleased to hear that college is going well.

Buffy: sorry to hear about your friend.

I'm sitting here in the kind of country where politicians get assassinated. Yesterday I wouldn't have thought that. A real shock, and so sad for her, her family, and the country.

L101
06-16-2016, 06:07 PM
I'm sitting here in the kind of country where politicians get assassinated. Yesterday I wouldn't have thought that. A real shock, and so sad for her, her family, and the country.

That was such a terrible thing to happen - makes you afraid to have an opinion on anything at the moment. Thinking of her and her family today.

Annoying Twit
06-16-2016, 06:14 PM
That was such a terrible thing to happen - makes you afraid to have an opinion on anything at the moment. Thinking of her and her family today.

Maybe not appropriate in this thread, but as of today in the United Kingdom, hatred, racism, and xenophobia is winning. Not just the tragic events of today, but in a wider context. I fear that we are in a situation as a country where we are failing to learn from history and seriously risk repeating some of the worst of it.

LuvTim
06-16-2016, 07:04 PM
Maybe not appropriate in this thread, but as of today in the United Kingdom, hatred, racism, and xenophobia is winning. Not just the tragic events of today, but in a wider context. I fear that we are in a situation as a country where we are failing to learn from history and seriously risk repeating some of the worst of it.

So sorry and sad to hear of this. :-(

buffyfan145
06-16-2016, 08:24 PM
Thanks everyone. I hope they're able to treat him too and he'll beat it.

I saw that on the news about her and what happened in the UK. So sad. :(

AlreadyGone95
06-18-2016, 03:38 PM
Buffy, best wishes to your friend. I hope he beats the cancer.

What happened in Orlando and the UK is horrible. So many lives have been cut short because of senseless violence.

I just got my first major grade in my English Class back(which is the hardest class I'm taking). I made an 88 (high B) on it. :D

WalshFan88
06-18-2016, 09:23 PM
So sad to hear of everything going on to our Borderers and their families as well as the happenings in Orlando. Thoughts and prayers and well wishes to everyone.

buffyfan145
06-20-2016, 04:42 PM
I'm so angry with how "Penny Dreadful" ended last night and now finding out the network, writers, and cast knew it was the final season and didn't tell us. :( It just felt so rushed and had too many plot holes. So many of us fans are angry and I'm also sad since I just finally binge watched to catch up with it airing these past couple months. I feel like it would've been easier if they had just told us. I loved this show and cast so much and will miss it. I'm even writing my own epilogue style fanfic with what I hope happened to the other characters had they gotten a 4th season like we thought they would. At least I know the cast have movies and other shows coming, and one is going on tour and releasing an album, so that helps somewhat but I'll miss it.

AlreadyGone95
06-24-2016, 10:07 AM
My schoolwork keeps piling up ( and I've completed everything on time), but every weekend, it seems like I have more work to do than the last weekend. This weekend will be almost completely devoid of any free time for me. 2 essays( one is a final draft and the other a 2nd draft), a letter, 2 reading assignments and quizzes, 2 projects in my computer class with a lesson and exam as well, a discussion post, and a journal entry are all due between Monday and Wednesday of next week.

In other news, about 2 years ago, the city decided to put everyone on my street within the city limits on the city's sewer system. Personally, I don't like it. We've had a septic tank for 30 years that has never failed. Plus, I don't want an increase in our water bill. My mom is for it, so she gets the final say. Anyway, the working crew started on the project about 3 months ago and right now, they're digging in our driveway and have partially torn it up.( dirt driveway with a big hole in it now) There's gonna be some words said if we can't get out of the driveway in a few hours for my GI doctor's appointment and to get the main groceries for the month.

Brooke
06-24-2016, 10:37 AM
AG, hang in there! You can do it!

AT, so how did you want this to go? It seems the whole world is talking about it, but I don't know much about it.

Nothing much happening with my world. Family fish fry tomorrow which will be pretty much unbearable with the heat and humidity.

Hubby is working on our deck and house. He is completely redoing the outside and he's just about to finish. The son and family are still living with us which is very uncomfortable for all. After being empty nesters for over 10 years and now having them living with us, it's quite a change! Especially with a 2 year old! I forgot how busy they are! They have decided to buy a house rather than build one, so hopefully, they will close on it around the first of August. Fingers crossed!

AlreadyGone95
06-24-2016, 04:11 PM
Is the UK trying to go back in time by several centuries? Dang, I'm shocked. I thought that us Americans are the ones who vote insensibly.

In other news, my GI doctor's appointment went well, though I wasn't able to talk to her about my gf stuff.. As long as I cut down on my wheat and take my meds, I should be OK.

LuvTim
06-28-2016, 08:21 AM
Ok, this is much more frivolous than Brexit, but if I can just make note of one small thing...today is my Borderversary. One year ago I joined this board of very special people, whom I have come to love like the friends they are. :-)
Thanks to all for being there during the awful times of loss as well as the awesome times of fun and celebration. Soda, especially to you, thanks so much. This is a pleasantly unique experience, considering the usual online fray.
To all of the mods, thanks for keeping it on track, and for everything you add to the conversation.
I'm on the road today, but will check in with you tonight, events allowing for that. Much affection and best wishes to all, LuvTim

UndertheWire
06-28-2016, 08:58 AM
Just one year? It seems like you have been around forever. Congratulations!

NightMistBlue
06-28-2016, 09:02 AM
Ok, this is much more frivolous than Brexit, but if I can just make note of one small thing...today is my Borderversary. One year ago I joined this board of very special people, whom I have come to love like the friends they are. :-)
Thanks to all for being there during the awful times of loss as well as the awesome times of fun and celebration. Soda, especially to you, thanks so much. This is a pleasantly unique experience, considering the usual online fray.
To all of the mods, thanks for keeping it on track, and for everything you add to the conversation.
I'm on the road today, but will check in with you tonight, events allowing for that. Much affection and best wishes to all, LuvTim

Happy anniversary, Luvy! You're a sweet soul, like a certain long-haired, ukelele-playing gentleman from Sacramento.

buffyfan145
06-28-2016, 10:27 AM
Happy Anniversary LuvTim!!! :D

LuvTim
06-28-2016, 09:49 PM
Just one year? It seems like you have been around forever.

I hope that's a good thing. :-)

LuvTim
06-28-2016, 09:51 PM
:
Happy anniversary, Luvy! You're a sweet soul, like a certain long-haired, ukelele-playing gentleman from Sacramento.

Thank you :blush:

LuvTim
06-28-2016, 09:56 PM
Happy Anniversary LuvTim!!! :D

Thanks, Buffy! :-)

Gemini
06-28-2016, 09:57 PM
Happy Borderversary, LT. You add a lot to the conversations and warm vibe around here!

LuvTim
06-28-2016, 10:03 PM
Happy Borderversary, LT. You add a lot to the conversations and warm vibe around here!

Thanks, G! :-)

AlreadyGone95
06-29-2016, 02:23 AM
Happy borderversary, LT! I enjoy reading your posts. You're a very kind and sweet person. :)

In school news, I'm sucking on an essay that's worth 20% of my final grade in a class. I made a C on the first draft, and an F on the second draft. I have the final draft due by midnight on Monday. I'm sort of panicking because of how important this final draft is. If I flunk this essay, my 95 in the class will plummet to a C at best. Needless to say, I will be asking my teacher for help in the morning. This is the class that's worth the least, but I still want to get a B or better in it.

If I could ask for thoughts and prayers for my grandmother's family, that would be greatly appreciated. Her older son's wife passed away on Monday, only about a month after his father died.

Brooke
06-29-2016, 09:12 AM
AG, good luck with your essay. I'm sure if you ask for help, that will help in the outcome. Prayers for your grandmother's family too.

sodascouts
06-29-2016, 09:31 AM

Thanks, sweetie! So glad you joined!

And Kim, your family is in my prayers.

NightMistBlue
06-29-2016, 09:50 AM
In school news, I'm sucking on an essay that's worth 20% of my final grade in a class. I made a C on the first draft, and an F on the second draft.

Ay caramba! What's the subject of the essay, may I ask? You're such a good writer.

AlreadyGone95
06-29-2016, 10:42 AM
Ay caramba! What's the subject of the essay, may I ask? You're such a good writer.

Southern Gothic Fiction. I have to take 2 stories I've read in the class( Willam Faulkner's "A Rose for Emily" and Carson McCullers' " The Ballad of the Sad Café"), and compare and contrast 3 traits of the genre that are in both stories. My teacher wants a "works cited" page, which I've never done before, and she's requiring the introductory paragraph to be written in a way that's different from what I learned in school. I'm trying to adapt as I go. I did email my teacher a few minutes ago to ask for help after class tomorrow. ( Even though this in my online class, the teacher also teaches my English Composition class.)

NightMistBlue
06-29-2016, 11:10 AM
Good for you in asking for help. I love when teachers expect you to do things/know things they've never taught. Oops, we have a few professors on these forums so I better watch what I say :)

AlreadyGone95
06-29-2016, 11:18 AM
Good for you in asking for help. I love when teachers expect you to do things/know things they've never taught. Oops, we have a few professors on these forums so I better watch what I say :)

Yeah, I know. I also have to let them know that I missed the last 3 years of high school, so if I was supposed to learn it in those grades, I didn't. Luckily, all of my teachers are nice, kind, respectful, and willing to offer help when asked for it, even if it's not their class. Still, that doesn't calm the anxiety I have because of this essay.

I'll be putting that essay aside today. Instead, I have to write/type a first draft on a magazine ad. I don't see how I'm going to be to write 2.5 pages in MLA format on an Arm and Hammer laundry detergent ad that's only half a page. (The final essay will have to be a minimum of 5 pages.)

LuvTim
06-29-2016, 07:51 PM
AG95, thanks. :-)

Good luck with your assignments.

sodascouts
06-30-2016, 11:10 AM

AG is in college now. The standard is higher. Yes, we expect students to have basic knowledge of things like how to do research and how to attribute it. I'll give my students reminders, but I'm not going to re-teach what they already should know. If I spent my freshman level composition class trying to make up for the inadequacies of the high schools of the region, my class would be a joke, as some of my students tell me their high school teachers never made them write an essay over one page in the entirety of their time at the school.

Meanwhile, other students got a proper education and expect their college class to be more than "review of what a topic sentence is." We have remedial classes for that. I assume AG's college does, too.

Plus, there's tons of online resources. For instance, one can see how to do an MLA Works Cited at the Purdue OWL (https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/12/).

AG is doing the right thing in asking for additional help.

I have to write/type a first draft on a magazine ad. I don't see how I'm going to be to write 2.5 pages in MLA format on an Arm and Hammer laundry detergent ad that's only half a page. (The final essay will have to be a minimum of 5 pages.)

If it's a rhetorical analysis of the persuasive techniques of the ad, then you will be able to get the length requirement. You simply need to find the strategies they are using (there will be several to discuss) and explain how those strategies are being used in the ad. How are they using color? The size of text? Are there people in the ad? What kind of people (age, color, sex, etc)? What are they doing? What is being emphasized, textually and graphically? What demographic is the ad supposed to reach? How do you know that? What techniques are especially attractive to that demographic? What emotions are they trying to invoke? How so? There's lots to talk about. Now, if it's a different type of assignment, the criteria will be different, of course. I just know I assign a rhetorical analysis of an ad and there is so much to deconstruct that it's fascinating.

AlreadyGone95
06-30-2016, 12:44 PM
AG is in college now. The standard is higher. Yes, we expect students to have basic knowledge of things like how to do research and how to attribute it. I'll give my students reminders, but I'm not going to re-teach what they already should know. If I spent my freshman level composition class trying to make up for the inadequacies of the high schools of the region, my class would be a joke, as some of my students tell me their high school teachers never made them write an essay over one page in the entirety of their time at the school.

Meanwhile, other students got a proper education and expect their college class to be more than "review of what a topic sentence is." We have remedial classes for that. I assume AG's college does, too.

Plus, there's tons of online resources. For instance, one can see how to do an MLA Works Cited at the Purdue OWL (https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/12/).

AG is doing the right thing in asking for additional help.

If it's a rhetorical analysis of the persuasive techniques of the ad, then you will be able to get the length requirement. You simply need to find the strategies they are using (there will be several to discuss) and explain how those strategies are being used in the ad. How are they using color? The size of text? Are there people in the ad? What kind of people (age, color, sex, etc)? What are they doing? What is being emphasized, textually and graphically? What demographic is the ad supposed to reach? How do you know that? What techniques are especially attractive to that demographic? What emotions are they trying to invoke? How so? There's lots to talk about. Now, if it's a different type of assignment, the criteria will be different, of course. I just know I assign a rhetorical analysis of an ad and there is so much to deconstruct that it's fascinating.

One thing that I've learned is that Google is my friend. If there's anything that I don't understand, I Google it first, and then email the teacher if I still don't understand it or don't find what I'm looking for.

As far as not knowing how to do certain things, that's I chose a 2 year college over an university. It's an easier transition. My college does have support classes for Math and English, but I aced the reading and writing parts of the COMPASS tests, so I don't need the English one. My writing skills aren't the problem. The support class meets just after the regular class. My teacher let's all of us stay if we want to listen to the class or do work. I do both.

My teacher spent 20 minutes discussing my paper with me. My comparing and contrasting is solid. She showed me my mistakes in the inductory paragraph, and showed me what to write to be more descriptive and in depth. She also showed me how to do the works cited page. I made the corrections she showed me; my teacher said that now my paper would be worth a good grade.

You're right about the ad assignment. I had to do exactly as you described, and it was easier than I thought it would be. I was able write almost 3 full pages. Up next is describing the Pathos, Logos, and ethos of the ad.

AlreadyGone95
07-04-2016, 12:00 PM
My mom and I are currently without a usable bathtub/shower. Our tub has been in bad shape for a long while. It's a plastic tub, and it's got so many cracks in it. Two new cracks formed yesterday, which makes it unsafe to use. We've repaired it many times, but this time, it's not repairable. I'm not sure what we're going to do because a new tub isn't cheap. For now, it's sink baths and getting an occasional shower at my uncle's. This would have to happen in during the hottest days of summer. :?

Annoying Twit
07-04-2016, 12:07 PM
My mom and I are currently without a usable bathtub/shower. Our tub has been in bad shape for a long while. It's a plastic tub, and it's got so many cracks in it. Two new cracks formed yesterday, which makes it unsafe to use. We've repaired it many times, but this time, it's not repairable. I'm not sure what we're going to do because a new tub isn't cheap. For now, it's sink baths and getting an occasional shower at my uncle's. This would have to happen in during the hottest days of summer. :?

Do you not have a nearby lake or river?

jms18222
07-04-2016, 03:17 PM
My heart goes out to you Kim. I did a bathroom 7 years ago & was without a functional bathroom for 3 weeks. Thank goodness I had a pool but I used a hose to shower & do my hair. How is the gluten free diet working?

Me...I am deciding whether I want to go visit a friend in the hospital. She's in her late 70's & really sick. The thing is I am not 100% sure she is still in the local hospital or if she was transferred to one that is 60 miles away. When I spoke to her yesterday she could hardly talk & did not want me coming up because she wanted to rest. If I wait until tomorrow afternoon, if she was transferred, I can make the trip down there. 60 miles isn't happening today plus I need some things for my pool so it's 1 trip not 2. I am trying to adjust to a new medication so right now my body is rebelling. Yesterday was the 1st I was able to eat in a week.

Brooke
07-05-2016, 04:05 PM
AG, so sorry about your bathroom, that's awful for you.

jms, prayers for your friend and you, too!

I went to visit my Mom Sunday afternoon at her new assisted living place. It's a very nice place and they have lots of activities, but it's about 60 miles round trip and out of my normal travel. My sister decided to move her there because she (mom) was so bored at the place she was and they didn't keep her room overly clean. It's fine with me, but I won't be able to stop in and see her nearly as often. I just hope she will get out of her room and participate. My aunt (mom's sister) who is 92 and still living in her home (and quite active) went along and we had a nice visit.

Annoying Twit
07-05-2016, 05:07 PM
AG95: sorry is my joke was a bit flippant, I didn't mean to make too light of your predicament.

I did find this IMHO lovely photo however when I googled what I said.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1323/776439390_ae0099dc95.jpg

AlreadyGone95
07-07-2016, 12:33 PM
AG95: sorry is my joke was a bit flippant, I didn't mean to make too light of your predicament.

I did find this IMHO lovely photo however when I googled what I said.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1323/776439390_ae0099dc95.jpg

No comment on that photo. I'm part southern redneck, but I prefer to not have animals around me while I bathe. ;)
We did find a tub that is an exact replacement for the one in our bathroom. We ordered it yesterday, so hopefully, it'll be here sometime next week.:pray:

Joy, my diet is better than it was before. I've cut out about half of the wheat I was consuming. I've noticed that my cramps and gas problems aren't quite as bad.

Annoying Twit
07-07-2016, 02:20 PM
Good luck on the new bathtub!

I once had a minnow swim up my swim shorts. It took me some time to encourage it to swim out again. When it did, it swam out slowly seemingly not bothered about anything.

Jonny Come Lately
07-08-2016, 05:53 PM
I'm going to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone this weekend! :yay: I've been quite a few times by now but I'm still as excited as ever. I will be heading down with my family tomorrow morning and will watch both qualifying and the race live, only the second time I've seen both (the first time was last year). The weather forecast keeps changing although rain seems quite likely at some point - in some ways it is a bit of shame but I always enjoy the races in wet or changeable conditions so hopefully that will make up for the British weather.

This also means I won't be around for most of the weekend, hopefully I will be back in time to get in my vote in the Eagles LP survivor or at least find time to do it at some point.

Annoying Twit
07-08-2016, 06:10 PM
I've been to the British GP twice, some time ago. You can date my visits if I say that I saw Michael Schumacher break his leg. Enjoy the race. (And hopefully no driver breaks a leg or anything else.)

travlnman2
07-09-2016, 11:29 AM
I feel like crap is that word allowed? I am 17 and going into my senior year of high school. So I have severe ADHD,anxiety and part bi polar so I have to take a tone of meds. I am on 100 mg of Seroquil, 60 MG of Vyvanse and 125 MG of Serratline. So I have to take 25 mg of the Seroquil in the morning and 75 at night. The Vyvanse and the Sertaline are all in the morning. Anyway two days ago I went to my doctor who prescribes my mess and I told her I was worried about the side effects because it drains my energy during the day:yawn:. So we decided for the summer to take all my seroquil at night but my mother thought I should have not taken my night dose before we changed over yesterday. Anyway that night I started sweating and became sick with fever and it turns out I should have taken my night dose two nights ago and not taken anything the next morning and wait till the evening so I didn't get the withdrawn symptoms. I steel feel sick with a fever,chills,dizziness and it was part not transitiong correctly and flu. So I am doing nothing today.

My adhd and anxiety affect my school work so it wasn't until the third quarter I upped my effort anyway I was able to get my GPA up from a 1.9 to a 2.0. I want to go into audio engineering and am fluent in Piano,Guitar and Bass Guitar. I have a few schools and I met with admissions officers at one which is my parents alma mater they would accept me if I made my GPA at least a 2.2-2.3. The other one I like better but if I don't get in to that one I can go to the first school which has a very good 1st year program within the University socI can get my Gen Ed requirements done for the first two years there and transfer to my top choice. Both mid range schools.

If anyone wants to here my recordings I will gladly post them. Right now I am working on my own original song. It's my first attempt on songwriting.

Annoying Twit
07-09-2016, 11:31 AM
@travlinman2 - sorry to hear about your issues. I wish you the best in learning to live with them.

I'd be happy to hear your recordings.

travlnman2
07-09-2016, 11:43 AM
How do I insert a embedded code?

Annoying Twit
07-09-2016, 01:12 PM
If you want to link to audio, you might want to use a simple way of linking to audio such as https://clyp.it

sodascouts
07-09-2016, 02:03 PM
TM, I can only imagine how difficult school must be with so many medical issues. I too would like to hear your recordings. Take AT's advice about linking to them rather than trying to upload them to the board. Dropbox is another option for that.

travlnman2
07-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Well I am just worried as the links have my first and last name on it but you are all good people so I am not worried about anything because it is a free account and nothing about me is on it so I will do it. My issues are not as bad as they were when I was in middle school and k-5. Still there but not as bad. Many people I work with mainly the doc who prescribes my meds think i am a whole different person lol. My only issue is math right now and just putting effort in

So three songs are covers and right now I am working on a original piece. Maybe I can ask JD Souther and Don to help me ;) lol.

This is a song called Madagascar it's a cover of a Guns N Roses song that was released on Chinese Democracy.

https://soundcloud.com/stephen-masi-89354061/madagascar-cover-final-mixaxl-rosechris-pitman

Here is my namesake Travlin Man

https://soundcloud.com/stephen-masi-89354061/travlin-man-cover-wilkenson-van-zant

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

https://soundcloud.com/stephen-masi-89354061/while-my-guitar-gently-weeps-coer

and the riff I am writing a song to.

https://soundcloud.com/stephen-masi-89354061/riff

LuvTim
07-09-2016, 04:18 PM
Very nice, tm2. :-D

Wishing you the very best with your music, your schoolwork, and, especially, your health. Many of us, I'm certain, know someone who is living her/his life with similar challenges, maybe some of us, ourselves.

Hang in there and just keep "Tryin'." ;-)

Annoying Twit
07-09-2016, 04:38 PM
Thanks for sharing travlinman2. Your riff sounds like a good basis for a rock song. Good to know that someone of your age is familiar with classic music such as While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

travlnman2
07-09-2016, 05:53 PM
Thank you everyone. Also trying to introduce some of you to the Chinese Democracy album which is my favorite GNR album and well we know how some the fans are :computer:

AlreadyGone95
07-09-2016, 07:17 PM
I have ADHD and anxiety as well TM. I've taken medicine for both in the past. I stopped taking the meds because the side effects were interfering with my life and my schoolwork. I've fogured out how to best handle them without needing meds. I wish you the best, and I'll listen to your music when I get a chance to.

My grandmother has the shingles, so I would appreciate any thoughts/prayers for her. She's 80, and they're in an area that really hurts.

I got my grade back on that essay I was so concerned about; I made a 99, which is much better than I thought my grade would be! It's hard to believe that I only have two weeks left in this semester.

buffyfan145
07-09-2016, 08:40 PM
TM2, I've had anxiety and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder almost my whole life, which also had me battling depression in the past, so I know what you're going through somewhat. Sending prayers for you and hope it gets better as I'm in a much better place with it now than I was as a teen. Wish the best for you too with your music and it sounds great and that's one of my fav George/Beatles songs!!! :D

AG, sending prayers for your grandmother too. My Grandma gets shingles really bad as well and my Dad had it for the first time two years ago. And that's great your semester is almost over. My classes start back at the end of August.

Annoying Twit
07-10-2016, 12:01 PM
Best wishes to everyone. I hope you find what you need when you need it.

Today I have been in full 'eco-nut' mode. Riding my bicycle around, fixing punctures :(, eating vegan food, walking to the supermarket with a backpack, and doing volunteer ecological work along the local riverbank.

LuvTim
07-10-2016, 05:11 PM
Best wishes to everyone. I hope you find what you need when you need it.

Today I have been in full 'eco-nut' mode. Riding my bicycle around, fixing punctures :(, eating vegan food, walking to the supermarket with a backpack, and doing volunteer ecological work along the local riverbank.

Brilliant, AT! Way to "walk the walk!" :-D

I caught up with the "Great British Baking Show" on telly. :laugh:
(Actually, I watched it online.)

travlnman2
07-10-2016, 05:52 PM
Felling so much better today.

Recording parts to a non orignal song today and tommorow going to fine tune my riff which is the intro part the chourus and solo part.

Anyone got Jack Tempchin's phone number or how about Dons or JD souther's because right now my song has no lyric no title and no melody:hilarious: ;)

AlreadyGone95
07-16-2016, 01:00 AM
My grandma accidentally overdosed on her pain meds for the shingles yesterday morning. She's OK now, after spending most of yesterday at the hospital. My mom is staying with her tonight as a precaution.

The new bathtub has been installed and working out great.

I got my grade back for my 3rd English essay with an email attached to it. I made a 95, and did a well enough job that my teacher wants to use my paper as an example for her future classes! :D

buffyfan145
07-16-2016, 11:02 AM
So sorry AG about your grandma and hope she's feeling better. And congrats on your paper!!! :D

I just finished my final proofreading for my 4th novel "Angel Eyes"!!! :D Now all I got to do is convert it for the eBook format and actually make the books on Lulu since I made my cover too, so hopefully will have it out by the end of the month like I've been planning.

DivineDon
07-19-2016, 10:38 AM
I got a nice surprise today. A good friend of mine is moving house and came across an old box of LPs - including Hotel California and Eagles Greatest Hits (vol 1). Needless to say she knew who to give them to! :laugh: I love the sound from vinyl. Price tickets were still on them - £5.99 and £5.90 respectively - those were the days!!!

Glennsallnighter
07-20-2016, 06:33 PM
They were indeed!! Lovely treat for you DD!!

Brooke
07-20-2016, 10:50 PM
Do, very cool!

I'm on vacation this week and doing not much! Two hour dentist appointment Monday, hair Tuesday, swimming this afternoon with my grandson. Tomorrow take cat to vet for shots and off to town to schedule carpet job for our rental house. :dizzy:

travlnman2
07-21-2016, 11:21 AM
Dammit I did worse on my Second SAT's I did 10 points better on the Math but worse on the Reading which I normally do well on. Got to take it again in October. Going to start studying out of my book today. Record a Bass track for a cover of ICTYW and already did some writing around my riff which is completely different then originally. I have to at least get a 990 or 1000 on the next one or for the School I want to go to. Applications are due in December. :Censored: studying so hard for me because of my Attention difficulties. 35 minuets today after I workout. :dizzy::scowl:

L101
07-21-2016, 05:17 PM
I got a nice surprise today. A good friend of mine is moving house and came across an old box of LPs - including Hotel California and Eagles Greatest Hits (vol 1). Needless to say she knew who to give them to! :laugh: I love the sound from vinyl. Price tickets were still on them - £5.99 and £5.90 respectively - those were the days!!!

Just saw this DD - that's a great friend you have!! If only everything was as cheap these days. .... :-)

AlreadyGone95
07-22-2016, 11:23 AM
That's cool about those records, DD.

Best of luck on studying for the SATs, TM. I opted to take a free test in lieu of the SATs when I applied to the college I'm attending.

My grandmother is slowly getting over her shingles. They're better than than they were, but it's going to take some time.

I've entered the finals period for this semester. I only have one final exam, but I have a project, a final draft of an essay, and a 238 question review exam for the final exam all due by Monday. I've already completed mpleted the essay. I'm about halfway done with both the project and review exam. The project is worth 25% of my final grade, so it's a bit stressful to complete, but I've gotten positive feedback from my teacher for what I've done so far.

My current avatar sums up what I'll be doing on Monday night when this semester will officially be over.

Jonny Come Lately
07-22-2016, 05:11 PM
Really good luck AG95! I hope it goes well. Really good luck to TM too. I know the feeling all too well, I've lost count of how many exams I've done by now! It is always nice to finish.

Jonny Come Lately
07-24-2016, 03:01 PM
Forgot until now to say I'll be away for the next couple of weeks - I should have internet access but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get on the forum in that time. If it seems as though I've 'gone quiet', everything's okay!

AlreadyGone95
07-28-2016, 12:24 AM
I just had a scary thing happen to me. As ya'll know, I have cerebral palsy. As I was walking into my bedroom a little while ago, and my left knee completely gave out on me. I fell down onto the floor. I'm ok, but that has me a little concerned given how young I am.

There's also something going on within my family, and it's not good. My mom and grandma got into a huge fight earlier, and they're not on friendly terms at the moment. I hope that it'll blow over soon, or else, there's a good possibility that I might not be able to go college this semester.

Annoying Twit
07-29-2016, 07:50 AM
JCL: Enjoy your break.

AG95: I hope things work out for you in all ways. I'm sure your mom & grandma want the best for you; if you talk to them about college they may well put their differences behind them for the sake of your future.

sodascouts
07-30-2016, 02:04 PM
Hope things have gotten better, AG95.

LuvTim
07-30-2016, 06:19 PM
Hi, everyone! Been really busy so haven't posted a lot lately, but I'm lurking from time to time and will hopefully be a little freer to hang out again soon.

Thinking of you all and wishing for the best for each of you. :-)

WalshFan88
07-31-2016, 09:59 PM
Hope everyone is doing well and well wishes/prayers to those who needs them.

DJ
08-03-2016, 05:16 PM
Well exciting news in my house. My daughter got engaged yesterday! My first born, it only seems like yesterday. We are so proud and happy for them. Other than that, horrible forest fire south of us. Today brought cooler weather and we pray for rain.

LuvTim
08-03-2016, 06:08 PM
Well exciting news in my house. My daughter got engaged yesterday! My first born, it only seems like yesterday. We are so proud and happy for them. Other than that, horrible forest fire south of us. Today brought cooler weather and we pray for rain.

DJ, congratulations on your daughter's engagement! That's so wonderful!

I hope you stay safe. Please take good care.

buffyfan145
08-03-2016, 08:46 PM
Congrats about your daughter's engagement DJ!!! :D Hope those fires end soon too.

My parents are currently vacationing in Tennessee in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area and are having a great time. My Dad was so happy to get to take a pic of himself sitting in the 60s Batman show's Batmoblie as they have a car museum there. LOL :D He kept going on and on about it on FB and on the phone. You can see where I get my nerdiness from.

Brooke
08-04-2016, 09:18 AM
DJ, congrats to your daughter! Happy times ahead! And hopefully you will get some rain to take care of those fires. Be safe!

Buffy, too funny about your Dad in the batmobile! :lol:

AlreadyGone95
08-05-2016, 11:38 AM
DJ, congrats to your daughter.

Lol about your dad, Buffy.

My grandma and mom have reconciled, which means everything is back to normal. I plan on spending next week preparing for the fall semester, which starts on the 15th. This semester will be more strenuous because of the longer distance I'll have to travel and all of my classes are face-to-face. Plus, all four of my classes are 4 of my required classes. I plan to spend a day or at least an afternoon at the main campus to familiarize myself with it.

Brooke
08-05-2016, 02:25 PM
AG, glad things are better at home and good luck with your next semester!

Busy weekend ahead, we have a family reunion which starts with a small gathering tonight and a large one tomorrow. Mix that in with starting work on our son's house that they just bought. Lots of painting going on to get ready for new carpet and flooring throughout on Friday. Then the big move next weekend! We've been waiting for this all summer and FINALLY it's here! :yay:

buffyfan145
08-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Best of luck with school AG!!! :D My next class starts back on the 29th so I'm getting ready for it too.

Brooke, my Mom's side of the family is having a reunion tomorrow too but I'm also going to see Brad Paisley tomorrow night in Cincinnati so it's going to be a busy day. That's great about your son's house.

Annoying Twit
08-09-2016, 02:39 AM
Congratulations DJ and good to hear things are going well for AG95.

We're back from holiday. I"ve been off work for a week and am again this week. It seems weird not to be doing work.

AlreadyGone95
08-15-2016, 12:31 AM
Well, I start school again tomorrow afternoon. My three week flew by like it was only three days long! I got my books and supplies ahead of time, so I'm good to go. I'll be taking English Composition II, Quantitative Reasoning (math support class), American History I, and American Government.

My aunt and her daughter and granddaughter are going through a very hard time. They're currently homeless. My aunt hasn't been able to find a steady job in a long time. Her daughter has had problems with drugs and mental health issues, so she can't work. The granddaughter is only 9. My family is doing what we can to help them, but none of us are in a position to provide shelter for 3 people.( My aunt and cousin refuse to go their separate ways.) They can't afford housing, and the local charities aren't able to help them right now. I don't know what will happen to them.

buffyfan145
08-15-2016, 10:13 AM
Best of luck with school Kim and sending thoughts & prayers about your family.

travlnman2
08-16-2016, 09:42 PM
I got a hair cut a few days ago. I am going to tell you guys a little story :)

I will say this as a male. The Eagles had one of the best looking Long Hair of any 70s band that I can think of. As a Rocker it took me about a year December 2014(Started growing it after my Grandmother's funeral because I don't think it was very appropriate to do it during) to about December 2015 which after I kept it about Glenn's length in 1977. But my hair is more thick the others so I had Randy's texture but my length was about Felder/Glenn/Richard Fortus. So I will do a photo evolution of my hair as an example using the Eagles.

So my hair was originally like any normal 14-15 year old kid. My learners permit was like this in December 2014.

This is Richard Fortus of GNR my hair cut off at the neck so it didn't drag http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn33/Stephen_Masi/RichardFortusCP_zpstbl7txih.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Stephen_Masi/media/RichardFortusCP_zpstbl7txih.jpg.html)

Then my hair morphed into this but it was straighter but same volume
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn33/Stephen_Masi/DFelderHCMag_zpseyavh3kj.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Stephen_Masi/media/DFelderHCMag_zpseyavh3kj.jpg.html)

Then it morphed into

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn33/Stephen_Masi/GFreyStageSexytn_zpsiiukyj35.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Stephen_Masi/media/GFreyStageSexytn_zpsiiukyj35.jpg.html)

Then finally it was like this
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn33/Stephen_Masi/Randy_zpsua4u7zyg.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Stephen_Masi/media/Randy_zpsua4u7zyg.jpg.html)

Now I keep it like this

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn33/Stephen_Masi/GFrey1980concert06tn_zpsvfluht9g.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Stephen_Masi/media/GFrey1980concert06tn_zpsvfluht9g.jpg.html)

So that's the story of my hair on it's journey from Innocence to experience :D

DJ
08-18-2016, 01:03 PM
Best of Luck in school AG!
TravlnMan2- I personally love the long Randy hair, but you do what suits you best! :)

Well the fires are dying down. We had some rain and back to 90 degree weather all this week, except today a beautiful 75.

Went to our cabin in the deep woods last weekend, how glorious. Helped my in laws clear the road of trees, rocks, etc.

My two pups chased a iddy bitty chipmunk for an hour, the chipmunk won. Then proceeded to leave us presents in the back of our truck. :rofl:

I pray for all the folks in Louisiana, man they get hit hard. I also pray for all the animals that are lost or left. Hopefully Tia from Pitbulls and Parolee's will help out. She does amazing rescues of that area.

Not much else is going on, enjoying the last days of summer, can smell fall in the air. Sad my son will be back in College again. He stayed in his college town to work for the summer, man I miss that kid. My kids are the sunshine in my life. Peace Out!

travlnman2
08-18-2016, 01:26 PM
Yeah my hair was down to my shoulders but it wasn't like Glenn who had thiner hair. When ever I trimmed my long hair it looked like Randy's with a more Curly straight texture so it was a Felder/Randy/Jon Snow combo.

I got it cut because it was getting warmer here and it kept getting knots inside so I cut it and I like it Long Run era Glenn the best. I keep asking my mother if I can change my license pic:rofl:

Once my sister gets back from the dentist at 4 I am headed to the gym.

travlnman2
08-18-2016, 01:33 PM
Anyone up for a which Eagle has the best Hair thread(Bernie please don't get mad :twisted:)

NightMistBlue
08-18-2016, 01:49 PM
Oh there's no contest, Randy had the best hair: it was so shiny and soft-looking. Plus, it had the most beautiful red highlights (apparently natural).

http://i42.tinypic.com/fyeic2.jpg

LuvTim
08-18-2016, 01:51 PM
DJ, what a lovely update! So happy the fires are dying down and the family is well.

It must be wonderful to live in your beautiful area of the country- a daily feast for the eyes!

It's still humid and hot here, but hope to get a short reprieve with a "cold front" coming in over the weekend. Fingers crossed!

Delilah
08-18-2016, 11:36 PM
Oh there's no contest, Randy had the best hair: it was so shiny and soft-looking. Plus, it had the most beautiful red highlights (apparently natural).

http://i42.tinypic.com/fyeic2.jpg

I agree 100%! Glenn comes in 2nd and honorable mention goes to Eagles stand-in Jackson Browne for his lovely tresses at the '74 California Jam.