PDA

View Full Version : What's Happening In Your Life?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

mustangkim11
01-27-2014, 09:30 PM
Thanks, TT!

Hope Lucas continues to get better. Poor lil dude!

Tiffanny Twisted
01-27-2014, 09:37 PM
Yeah the other godmoms kids and hubby had it so he got it cause he was with them last week.
they just have to keep eye on his blood sugar cause of the neo natel hemotomcrosis.

Brooke
01-28-2014, 10:42 AM
MK, lots of good news for you and that's very cool about your book! Best of luck with it! I will check it out!

TT, sorry to hear about little Lucas getting sick, but overall it sounds like he is doing very well! I'm so glad for all of you!

My new little man is doing well! I think I've become addicted to him because I haven't gone a day with out seeing him yet! It's so nice that he lives just a hop, skip, and a jump away from us. Mom and Dad said we could come and see him any time! I guess I will have to break myself but it's gonna be hard! And it's hard to believe that he's smaller than my cat Beyonce! She weighs 15 pounds and he weighed 8 pounds and 5 ounces at birth! I'm just loving holding and kissing him! I know, I know.......:roll:

Molly
01-28-2014, 06:31 PM
Brooke, after 2 plus years, I still can't stop hugging and kissing Owen! It never gets old.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-28-2014, 08:34 PM
well gals, Luke is not my grandson but I will say when she brought him to visit for xmas and she was on the porch holding him and trying to get her god daughter squared away...when she said" Luke go to AUnt Celle" he turned to me and put his arms up for me to take him from his Momma .Kiara saw me tearing up and ...she said" Oh no don't you dare. start crying" lol
I scooped him up and he threw his arms around me and put his head down on my shoulder.
That kid melts my heart ...:inlove:

I think he is feeling a little better but still not eating and Kiara says sleeping a lot so I think he just needs the rest.
Right now my fave picture is Luke being held by my son for the first time .Makes me smile.
Enjoy your babies gals

Molly
01-29-2014, 06:23 PM
Happy Birthday to my amazing, smart, athletic son, Peter, who would have been 26 years old today. I love you and I miss you, Peter.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/Peterbday_zps5b046334.png (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/mollycinder/media/Peterbday_zps5b046334.png.html)

Witchy Woman
01-29-2014, 06:54 PM
:hug: - My best wishes continue to be with you and your family, Molly.

I'm glad to hear Luke is doing better, TT.

WalshFan88
01-29-2014, 07:28 PM
Best wishes and prayers to you and your family, Molly.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-29-2014, 07:35 PM
Molly:grouphug:and :love: and prayers to you especially today

Glennsallnighter
01-30-2014, 02:41 AM
Congrats on your book MK. Hope you get lots of sales!

TT, great that even with an illness lil Lucas has done so well since birth! He is lucky to have such a doting god mammy!

Brooke! I'm delighted your new grandson is bringing you so much joy!

And Molly :hug: we all feel for you at this time. That is such a sweet pic of happier times.

Brooke
01-30-2014, 10:27 AM
Such a sweet picture Molly! You and Steve remain in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Freypower
01-30-2014, 06:23 PM
Such a sweet picture Molly! You and Steve remain in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

From me too; always. :hug:

Molly
01-30-2014, 06:24 PM
Thanks, everyone for your continued support. It's still tough, but it does seem to be getting a little easier every day - not feeling so overwhelmed anymore.

There are still tough days - like the other day when a package for Peter arrived on our doorstep. All we can figure out is that it was meant for me - probably an Xmas gift from Peter that had been on back order.

Peter's friends are throwing him a b-day party this Saturday. His friend and roommate, Adam, said there's over 50 people coming! He's calling it "Peterpalooza". I've had a banner made up and I plan to ask everyone to sign it for me. Prior to going to the party, many of the kids are coming over to our house, and then we'll head over to the cemetery share some memories and to release some balloons.

Anyone who's known me for a while will remember that there was a previous "Peterpalooza" that happened at our home, while my husband and I were out of town. :evil: I'll have to ask Adam if he attended the first one and if did, if he knows who put the hole in the wall of our family room. :shrug:

sodascouts
01-30-2014, 06:37 PM
He was obviously very loved by many. It sounds like Peterpalooza will be a great tribute to him. Thinking of you as always!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-31-2014, 10:10 AM
I am at home today, sick as the proverbial dog. I obviously ate something I shouldn't have, and I have a headache to beat all headaches. Good grief. I think it's time for a nap...

bluefeather
01-31-2014, 11:01 AM
Get well soon VA:)

Brooke
01-31-2014, 11:31 AM
Molly, that sounds like a wonderful tribute to Peter. I'm sure this will help all of you.

VA, get well soon!

Tiffanny Twisted
01-31-2014, 08:36 PM
Molly, love hugs and prayers ...sounds like it will be a great tribute.

Va..feel better soon. There is something going around ..one gal has been out all week and Luke was sick too so be good to yourseld please.

I am so happy that this is the last day of this horrible month .
It has been a hard start in this new year for our family.

Today was one of the docs I work with it was her birthday and her first day back after vacation..she also is a dear friend.
I came in with a birthday cake for her and I made a carmilized banana cream pie gluten free so I could have something and it went...lol
SHe dug into it for breakfast at 830 this am. I brought in chips and veggies and dip for picking ..plus her gifts.

So in my own way....I wanted it to be a good memory on the last day ...of a crappy month.
happy Friday nite to all

Thirsty&Hot
02-01-2014, 01:40 AM
Hugs to you, Molly!

And everyone who's sick... Get well soon!

January certainly has been a rough month!

My mom had a heart attack last weekend. She survived, but it's really scary. I've been upstate all week. Going home tomorrow. Afraid to leave her, but hopefully her fiancé does a good job of taking care of her and minimizing her stress.
It was a stress induced heart attack ... From emotional stress and anxiety. I think it would be easier to change her eating and exercise habits than to rid herself of the things that cause her stress and anxiety. So I'm pretty worried about her. :(

I've also missed so much work this month with my back problems and caring for my mom. No work = no income :/

Here's to hoping everything works out, that February is a fresh start, and that the rest of the year is better!

Love and light!
:grouphug:

sodascouts
02-01-2014, 01:48 AM
TT - hope February is better.

T&H - I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's heart attack - how frightening! Thank God she's survived it and has someone to look after her. I hope things get better for you and your family, too.

ivans
02-01-2014, 03:12 AM
hopefully better in February than the previous month ... still smile and spirit

http://moviediablo.com/kaylila/upload/18/wso.jpg

http://moviediablo.com/kaylila/upload/18/wso.jpg

bluefeather
02-01-2014, 09:36 AM
I hope your year is better from now on TT, blessings to your mom TH:) And HELLO Ivans welcome to the company of crazy Eagles-loving ladies:D

UndertheWire
02-01-2014, 02:12 PM
T&H, I feel for you. Hopefully, your mother will be able to reduce the stress and live for a long time. However, you've had this time with her and that can't be taken away from you.

I've been at a funeral of an elderly relative today. He became my responsibility about a year ago when he had a bad fall and I arranged for him to move into a care home near us. I've become quite fond of him but it doesn't have the same impact as the death of a parent. It's exactly two years since my father died and it's been strange to make funeral arrangments without that amount of grief.

Thirsty&Hot
02-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Thanks for all of your kind words! Xo

Brooke
02-01-2014, 04:42 PM
T&H, oh how scary! I'm glad to hear your mom is doing better and will keep her and you in my thoughts and prayers. My mom had a heart attack several years ago and she is doing well.

sodascouts
02-01-2014, 05:56 PM
I've been at a funeral of an elderly relative today. He became my responsibility about a year ago when he had a bad fall and I arranged for him to move into a care home near us. I've become quite fond of him but it doesn't have the same impact as the death of a parent. It's exactly two years since my father died and it's been strange to make funeral arrangments without that amount of grief.

It's still very kind of you to care for him in life and death, though.

Tiffanny Twisted
02-02-2014, 02:19 AM
T and h. Prayers for your momma
Utw kind of you to look out for your relative

I find myself getting down about those I have lost .
I try and focus on positve things and remember the good but some days I feel like I am swimming in quick sand.

Prayers for all who need it

Thirsty&Hot
02-02-2014, 08:26 PM
thanks again everyone xo
the thoughts, prayers and kind words are much needed and appreciated!
thanks for the support

sending love and light to anyone who needs it! :grouphug:

Tiffanny Twisted
02-05-2014, 11:40 AM
well mr luke has another ear infection. Poor baby first the stomach flu now this.
:yuck:

now I was off today to go to the dentist but we have a bad winter storm and we have no power and trees down everywhere,

bad day at little rock..
ice and no power:scowl::yuck:

Brooke
02-05-2014, 12:12 PM
TT, oh no! I hate it when the power goes out! I hope it comes back on very soon!

Well, I went to work (after my idiot husband had our whole road and lane plowed-I was looking forward to a snow day! :roll:) and our roads are awful! It is blowing and drifting too, so I took the mail to the post office and came back home! :yay:

Houston Baby
02-05-2014, 08:51 PM
I am trying to catch up on this thread. So much has happened. Prayers & hugs to everyone. :grouphug:

Tiffanny Twisted
02-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Thanks brooke
Its bad here we made the national news.
They also had to close villanova university. No heat or food sent all the kids home and closed till Monday.
Trains not running too many trees down on the tracks. The three hospitas are on generator power:
bryn mawr paoli and lankanua
There are 599.000 people without power we are one of them.
We lost it early and then this afternoon the poll holding power lines. Behind our home snapped in half and took another tree limb down with it. The wires are laying on my neighbors shed and when they finally give us back power those wires will be live.
We called the police to make a report of it but there isnt much they can do
Think we wjll be without for a week

I thought jan was a bad month with a death in the family and the anniversary of my dads passing but jan has slid I to fb and its looking just as crappy

Oh well it is what it is right?

Houston Baby
02-05-2014, 11:52 PM
That is scary thinking of that wire becoming live. Hopefully all the kids stay indoors and away from these down limbs & wires. Prayers & thoughts to you TT and everyone up there without power.

Tiffanny Twisted
02-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Thanks they r not live now since we have no electricity
We r afrsid that if they fix it and powered up then they will be live.
We called police dept to have them notify power comoanp
Still no power
We got a recorded message that says a crew has been assigned are area whatever that means
Oh well
Just si very unnerving

WalshFan88
02-06-2014, 06:44 PM
T&H - Prayers sent.

TT - Hope it's all resolved soon and get well soon Lucas!

-------

Things are looking better here healthwise. Still trying to figure out what to do about the Epstein Barr/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome possibility. Bloodwork in a couple weeks.

Glennsallnighter
02-06-2014, 07:33 PM
T&H, prayers for your Mum. I hope she is a lot better.

TT and Brooke and others dealing with poor weather, take care of yourselves. I hope it improves soon. There can't be much more snow!

Austin, I hope you feel a lot better soon, do take it as easy as you can.

It's been a pretty quiet week. We were in London last weekend to see Taylor Swift. This week I've started the dreaded exam marking. Need to save up for my next trip to London to see the Eagles.

Having missed out on Garth Brooks tickets last week he released two more nights, and I managed to get some for the fourth night that he plays Dublin in July. Think it's 27 July. Another good gig to look forward to!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Austin, I missed your update on your health. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

GA, Garth Brooks is a great concert, although I haven't seen him in a long time. Have a good time!

Well, today was a hellish day at work, so I listened to a combination of MercyMe and Glenn Frey on the way home from work, and I have a glass of red that hopefully will help the headache go away...

Tiffanny Twisted
02-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Austin prayers and feel better soon
Ga thanks for well wishes more snlw coming Sunday and that's befire they fix the power
So happy you have great concerts to look forward too

Tiffanny Twisted
02-06-2014, 11:21 PM
That is scary thinking of that wire becoming live. Hopefully all the kids stay indoors and away from these down limbs & wires. Prayers & thoughts to you TT and everyone up there without power.

Thsnks deb thought jan was bad lol feb is not great either but lesst I hsvent lost anyone yet

Freypower
02-07-2014, 12:23 AM
I actually have something to post.

Rosalind will be receiving three awards at the high school Night of Excellence (i.e. presentation night, or 'speech night' as we called it when I was a kid) for volunteer/community service work, information technology & something else which is a big secret until the night. I'm very proud of her.:partytime:

Tiffanny Twisted
02-07-2014, 06:49 AM
Yeah julie congrats to you and your family

VAisForEagleLovers
02-07-2014, 08:15 AM
Congrats, FP, and congratulations to Rosalind as well!

Brooke
02-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Fp, that's awesome! Congrats to Rosalind and her family! :thumbsup:

Ga, I'd love to have a review on the Taylor Swift concert when you have the time! She's certainly huge here!

And I know you will enjoy Garth Brooks. I saw a special show with him recently on tv and it was kind of the story of his success with songs that influenced his career. Just him and his acoustic guitar and really good. I also saw him in person just as his career got started at a county fair nearby. I could have reached out and touched him. He actually leaned over and kissed some of the girls! It was a fantastic show way back then!

sodascouts
02-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Congrats to Rosalind! Well done!

Tiffanny Twisted
02-07-2014, 10:08 PM
:partytime::partytime::partytime:wooohooo power is back on.
still have to address the live wires in the back of the properties but maybe I can wear one pair of socks to bed instead of three

VAisForEagleLovers
02-07-2014, 10:58 PM
Glad to hear this, TT!!

Tiffanny Twisted
02-07-2014, 10:59 PM
thanks va

its been exhausting three days in freezing weather was way too long

sodascouts
02-07-2014, 11:47 PM
:partytime::partytime::partytime:wooohooo power is back on.
still have to address the live wires in the back of the properties but maybe I can wear one pair of socks to bed instead of three

HOORAY!!!!

Houston Baby
02-08-2014, 09:48 AM
I am getting caught up on this thread. Forgive me for the delay. My internet service has been a little sketchy this past month.

Austin - glad you are feeling better. I know it can be frustrating waiting on a diagnosis & treatment. I hope you do not have to wait much longer.

TT - hope little Lucas is feeling better.

T&H - how is your mom doing? Hope she is lots better. Continued prayers for her quick recovery. And I hope you are feeling better with your back.

Prayers, hugs & positive thoughts are being sent for all my "Eagles" friends here.

:grouphug:

Houston Baby
02-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Molly - my prayers continue for you & your family. Peter is smiling and admiring the strength you have shown. I know he still feels your love and you his. And I hope it brings you comfort to know he is so loved & missed by so many. Peterpalooza - what a wonderful celebration! :hug:

Houston Baby
02-08-2014, 10:42 AM
UTW - your relative was blessed to have you in his life. I always believe the love & care you have shown to others will be returned in your life.

GA - How was Taylor Swift? I hear TS puts on a great show! You should post a review of the concert written by Laura.

Like Brooke, I saw Garth Brooks at the beginning of his career. He put on one of the best shows EVER at the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo! So entertaining! You could tell he was going to make it big in music. It should be a wonderful concert!
Wow - EAGLES & Garth Brooks in the same summer! :jealous:

Houston Baby
02-08-2014, 11:01 AM

Rosalind will be receiving three awards at the high school Night of Excellence (i.e. presentation night, or 'speech night' as we called it when I was a kid) for volunteer/community service work, information technology & something else which is a big secret until the night. I'm very proud of her.:partytime:

FP - what wonderful achievements for Rosalind! 3 awards - quite an accomplishment! Looking forward to hearing what the third award is. Please tell Rosalind congratulations for me. I can see you are one proud momma! Have a wonderful presentation night!

Glennsallnighter
02-09-2014, 08:01 AM

Well great congratulations to Rosalind. I know how proud of her you are. I'd live to see a pic of her getting her awards if you get a chance to take and post one!

Well this day 7 years ago I discovered and joined the Border! What fun and adventures I have had a a result. And I've made some wonderful friends too! Thanks to Nancy and everybody for making our Border the wonderful message board and fan site that it is.

Houston Baby
02-09-2014, 12:42 PM
CONGRATULATIONS GA!!!

You are a true asset to the board and I enjoy reading your posts. You are always so kind & considerate. Hope we get to share an EAGLES adventure in the future!

Molly
02-09-2014, 01:17 PM

Congratulations to Rosalind! I never got tired of rejoicing in my kid's achievements. Enjoy the evening! You certainly have cause to be very proud!

Molly
02-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Molly - my prayers continue for you & your family. Peter is smiling and admiring the strength you have shown. I know he still feels your love and you his. And I hope it brings you comfort to know he is so loved & missed by so many. Peterpalooza - what a wonderful celebration! :hug:

Thank you. And thanks to all.

Sending positive vibes to everyone who's going thru stuff themselves and with loved ones. Here's to a nice healthy, quiet week ahead!

Peterpalooza was a very nice evening. Sooo many people came out in not so great weather. The owner of the pub went out of his way to accamadate us.

Peter's Marquette friends put together a power point presentation with lots of pictures, many I had never seen before! Very special group of young men and women that Peter had surrounded himself with. I just can't say enough about all of them!

FINALLY - moving forward on getting my mother in law's house ready for sale. It's only been empty for 18 months! The insurance company is threatening to stop insuring a vacant house, so my husband is really moving along, finally agreeing with me to contract out some of the work that needs to be done to ready the house. Hubby finally admits with everything going in in our lives, he just can't get it done (not to mention he works 50 hours/wk). We're shooting for a March 1st date of putting it up for sale! Woo hoo! Fingers crossed.

Got a phone call last nite from a store called Urban Outfitters (never been there-don't even know what they sell) asking us if we had charged $1200 worth of shoes to a Nashville, Tenn. address. Ah, no. Thank goodness charge card companies don't hold the card owners responsible for these charges.

Freypower
02-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Well great congratulations to Rosalind. I know how proud of her you are. I'd live to see a pic of her getting her awards if you get a chance to take and post one!

Well this day 7 years ago I discovered and joined the Border! What fun and adventures I have had a a result. And I've made some wonderful friends too! Thanks to Nancy and everybody for making our Border the wonderful message board and fan site that it is.

I will do so on FB, probably. It makes a change for her to be recognised & get something a bit bigger than a merit award.

Freypower
02-09-2014, 06:07 PM

Sending positive vibes to everyone who's going thru stuff themselves and with loved ones. Here's to a nice healthy, quiet week ahead!

Peterpalooza was a very nice evening. Sooo many people came out in not so great weather. The owner of the pub went out of his way to accamadate us.

Peter's Marquette friends put together a power point presentation with lots of pictures, many I had never seen before! Very special group of young men and women that Peter had surrounded himself with. I just can't say enough about all of them!

FINALLY - moving forward on getting my mother in law's house ready for sale. It's only been empty for 18 months! The insurance company is threatening to stop insuring a vacant house, so my husband is really moving along, finally agreeing with me to contract out some of the work that needs to be done to ready the house. Hubby finally admits with everything going in in our lives, he just can't get it done (not to mention he works 50 hours/wk). We're shooting for a March 1st date of putting it up for sale! Woo hoo! Fingers crossed.

Got a phone call last nite from a store called Urban Outfitters (never been there-don't even know what they sell) asking us if we had charged $1200 worth of shoes to a Nashville, Tenn. address. Ah, no. Thank goodness charge card companies don't hold the card owners responsible for these charges.

I echo HB's sentiments about your strength.

sodascouts
02-09-2014, 11:46 PM

We are so lucky you found us! Thank you for being an integral part of this community!

sodascouts
02-09-2014, 11:49 PM

Wonderful to hear about Peterpalooza going so well.

Good luck selling that house. 18 months.... Hard to believe!

$1200 of shoes charged in Nashville? I swear it wasn't me! ;) Seriously, though, I'm glad they caught it!

Glennsallnighter
02-10-2014, 08:18 AM
Thank you all for the lovely comments, and Molly, I'm delighted that the Peterpalooza went so well. I'm sure the strength of having so many of his friends together is helping you through this difficult time.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-11-2014, 11:54 PM
Well, I fired two people in the last three weeks, and I think everyone is now paying attention.

sodascouts
02-12-2014, 12:00 AM
Well, that can be a real motivator for those who are left to start taking their jobs seriously.

Houston Baby
02-12-2014, 12:37 AM
Hopefully things will go more smoothly for you at work VA. It is not easy at the top but you have to do what is best for your department.

bluefeather
02-12-2014, 08:15 AM
I thought I had a good chance of getting the cleaning job I applied for a while ago but my hopes were crushed yesterday:cry:

VAisForEagleLovers
02-12-2014, 08:40 AM
Sorry to hear that, BF! I hope you find something better soon!

Tiffanny Twisted
02-12-2014, 09:22 AM
bf sorry bout the job

va sometimes its hard to be the boss but you have to do whats right, No one who works in a group likes to have someone in that group not pulling their weight or doing their job.

I am off today Yeah probably the last one for a long time to come but ....
Have lots of bs running around to do...blood work dr and post office.
Thought I might try for a relaxing pedi my feet are in bad shape but who knows .

I have a valentines day date witht the kids next door for sat.
I bought lips and heart cookie cutters to make tea sandwhiches, raisin bread and peach preserves and cream cheese.I bought them each a small boc of candy since they have stuff from Halloween lol and I bought a new game for the "family"
so..... a mom and sons tea for valentines day even though mine is in Chicago , these guys call me their other mom so it should be fun.Now gotta think of the dads cause they wont eat that I am sure,

Brooke
02-12-2014, 11:16 AM
TT, fun times ahead for you!

VA, ya gotta do what ya gotta do! And yes, in these times jobs are hard to come by and people will maybe sit up and take notice!

bf, sorry to hear that and best of luck finding something.

sodascouts
02-12-2014, 01:05 PM
So sorry, BF!

Houston Baby
02-12-2014, 09:17 PM
BF - I'm sorry that the job opportunity did not come thru but stay optimistic and I will keep my fingers crossed that another opportunity comes along quickly.

TT - have fun Saturday!

bluefeather
02-13-2014, 10:42 AM
thanks ladies:) I've been rejected twice now but I'll stay positive and keep looking

Glennsallnighter
02-14-2014, 05:38 AM
Do try to stay positive BF! I hope something comes up soon for you.

DJ
02-14-2014, 03:12 PM
Hey BF I'm in the same boat as you, been out of work 5 months now and can't seem to get an interview let alone a job! Hang in there. There is a plan for people like you and me. Stay stong.

bluefeather
02-14-2014, 04:27 PM
thanks DJ and good luck:)

thelastresort
02-15-2014, 08:41 PM
Good luck to all of you who are out of work and applying for jobs. I have been extremely fortunate in that I applied for two jobs whilst I've been at uni and got an offer for one and an interview for another (I rejected both, mind), both I can't imagine how frustrating and downright demoralising it must be to get nowhere.

----------------------------

I was playing the Capital Centre version of Take It to the Limit in my room earlier. I had some flatmates here whilst I was and one asked me to change the song as the bloke who was singing's 'voice was too whiny'. Strongly tempted to ban said flatmate from my room forever.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-15-2014, 10:02 PM
I would!! Whiny?? Seriously? Have them call me, I'll show them what whiny is!

Tomorrow I 'get introduced formally' to the people at the church I've been attending since July. I'm already a member, I just never stood up front and did the formal thing. I haven't been in a couple of weeks, so I'm looking forward to going tomorrow.

Next week I leave for VA to stay with some friends before heading to Reston to work with my team for three days before heading to Raleigh to see our guys. I'm hoping I can go to my old church in Culpeper next Sunday and say 'hi' to some old friends.

Houston Baby
02-15-2014, 10:15 PM
Safe traveling VA and have fun!

Houston Baby
02-15-2014, 10:18 PM
I was playing the Capital Centre version of Take It to the Limit in my room earlier. I had some flatmates here whilst I was and one asked me to change the song as the bloke who was singing's 'voice was too whiny'. Strongly tempted to ban said flatmate from my room forever.

I would have turned it up louder!! :wink:

sodascouts
02-15-2014, 10:45 PM
That guy obviously has no musical taste, tlr!

VA- have fun at church and with your many friends across America!

Houston Baby
02-16-2014, 12:46 AM
I went to my sister's today. She was keeping her granddaughter all day and so I went to help - LOL! Rylee is now 1 month old. I sat there and held her most of the day except when I was showing my sister's boyfriend some EAGLES videos on my laptop. Rylee who had been a little fussy at that time immediately got quiet prompting my sister to say "Aunt Debbie will be happy that there is another EAGLES fan in the family". Tonight I ordered Rylee the "Rockabye Baby Lullaby - Eagles version" cd. What can I say - our girl is going to have GREAT taste!!! :applause:

bluefeather
02-16-2014, 11:21 AM
glad to hear about another new little Eagles fan, HB:thumbsup:

Thirsty&Hot
02-16-2014, 11:56 AM
I went to my sister's today. She was keeping her granddaughter all day and so I went to help - LOL! Rylee is now 1 month old. I sat there and held her most of the day except when I was showing my sister's boyfriend some EAGLES videos on my laptop. Rylee who had been a little fussy at that time immediately got quiet prompting my sister to say "Aunt Debbie will be happy that there is another EAGLES fan in the family". Tonight I ordered Rylee the "Rockabye Baby Lullaby - Eagles version" cd. What can I say - our girl is going to have GREAT taste!!! :applause:

adorable! keep up the good work! hehe

Glennsallnighter
02-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Sounds like you are educating your niece very well HB! And the idea of the tape us brilliant!

sodascouts
02-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Teach the children well! ;)

WalshFan88
02-16-2014, 06:41 PM
Very cool HB!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Start 'em young, HB!

I just returned from the malls up on the NE side of Louisville. What possessed me to go on a holiday weekend? It was like Christmas shopping, there was hardly any parking! Did I find what I was looking for? Yes on the laptop bag, no on the clothes. So, I decided, when I get to VA next weekend, I'm going to Tysons Corner and I'm going to Bloomies, Macy's, Nordstrom's, Saks, Penneys, whatever it takes. They're all together and I can get in and get out. I'm not a shopper, and I never realized how good I had it living in Northern Virginia... Might have to go to Wegman's and load up on VA wine while I'm at it. Good thing I have a truck!

ETA: I forgot to mention! On the way back, here in E-town by the interstate, I saw an Oscar Meyer Wiener car! I nearly wrecked my truck and there were people all over looking at it like they thought they'd lost their minds.

Brooke
02-16-2014, 08:07 PM
VA, too funny seeing the wiener car! Glad you didn't wreck while looking at it! And have fun on your trip!

HB, way to go! I must think of getting this lullaby cd too for my grandson! Rockabye Baby lullaby-Eagles version? I had not heard of this! Where do we find it?

I've had a busy weekend. Out to dinner with hubby Valentine's evening on slick roads. We should have been smart and stayed home! Don't tell my kids I was out! But we made it safely!

Saturday I had a bridal shower for a niece at a really cute place in a small town close by. It's a renovated cemetary caretaker's residence turned restaurant/winery. Beautiful old place: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Old-Stone-House-Inn/392272764162574

Immediately following I met hubby at H & R Block to have our taxes done-what fun! At least we get a small refund!

Today we took our daughter's cat (Bruce) home to her in Columbia. We have been babysitting him for a few weeks while she found a place to live and got settled after moving back from Texas. He's very skittish, but I had managed to tame him quite a bit and now I find I miss him being around. But, I'm also glad he's gone back to his momma and I don't have the job. Bittersweet! We also had brunch at our daughter's work and got to see her house and meet one of her friends. Fun day!

Thirsty&Hot
02-16-2014, 08:37 PM
this made me think of Houston Baby and Brooke ...
just replace Pink Floyd with the Eagles, of course!
(though you can play them all kinds of good music anyway haha)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/E0FD7E91-34A2-49ED-9136-6000E3C20323_zpsdnhmbcm4.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/E0FD7E91-34A2-49ED-9136-6000E3C20323_zpsdnhmbcm4.png.html)

Houston Baby
02-16-2014, 10:02 PM
Brooke - you can find it on Amazon. It is "Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions of the Eagles". What is cool is that Rockabye Baby! has several cds with other artists. My sister loves Bon Jovi so I also got that one. Link is below....

http://www.amazon.com/Rockabye-Baby-Lullaby-Renditions-Eagles/dp/B000KP62ZC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392601996&sr=8-1&keywords=eagles+lullabies

I should get it in about a week. I will let everyone know if it is worth buying.

Houston Baby
02-16-2014, 10:12 PM
I have seen the wiener mobile a couple of times here and you're right VA, it is definitely a traffic stopper! It brought a smile to my face both times! :hilarious:

Tiffanny Twisted
02-16-2014, 10:46 PM
Hey everybody
Been trying to catch up
Hard to use phone for this kinda stuff

Anyway last weds 12peco trucks w 12 crews from out of state blocked our street and it took all day to put the new pole in the ground restring all the live wires in the yard on the ground and remove the old broken pole . In the process we lost our internet cable and house phone . We were told by Verizon that it could take three weeks to "fix" it
Yesterday three Verizon. Crews came in another snow storm but we are not hooked up god only knows what they did
This is getting old fast
I Am trying to be upbeat
I am just so winter weary
More snow coming on Tuesday
Just shoot me now ......

Elizasong
02-16-2014, 11:28 PM
I'm with you Tiffany. So done with this snow!!

Hopefully Verizon will compensate you for the days you lost service. That is very inconvenient.

Thirsty&Hot
02-16-2014, 11:38 PM
Brooke - you can find it on Amazon. It is "Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions of the Eagles". What is cool is that Rockabye Baby! has several cds with other artists. My sister loves Bon Jovi so I also got that one. Link is below....

http://www.amazon.com/Rockabye-Baby-Lullaby-Renditions-Eagles/dp/B000KP62ZC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392601996&sr=8-1&keywords=eagles+lullabies

I should get it in about a week. I will let everyone know if it is worth buying.

that's pretty cool! maybe I should get a copy for myself to help me get to sleep early! I have to be up at 5am most days and have a hard time getting enough sleep.

sad-cafe
02-17-2014, 01:46 AM
apparently I have been overpaying the escrow on my house payment. Yesterday I got a refund for 400$ Since I have been the one making the house payment, hubby says the refund is mine all mine. I am getting fitted for the right bra and going to buy 3-4 of some really nice bras. Then buying some nice tennis shoes. The rest is going to Christopher and banks. They have some really cool new jeans in. I have a 50$ gift card and then a 40% off one item card... Tomorrow should be a little FUN

Tiffanny Twisted
02-17-2014, 07:25 AM
Have a fun shopping day 😃

mustangkim11
02-17-2014, 09:19 AM
apparently I have been overpaying the escrow on my house payment. Yesterday I got a refund for 400$ Since I have been the one making the house payment, hubby says the refund is mine all mine. I am getting fitted for the right bra and going to buy 3-4 of some really nice bras. Then buying some nice tennis shoes. The rest is going to Christopher and banks. They have some really cool new jeans in. I have a 50$ gift card and then a 40% off one item card... Tomorrow should be a little FUN

Nice! Getting $$ is always good! I got $92 from my escrow account as well. Christopher and Banks is a great store.

Sorry I haven't been here in a while. I finally got a new job. It's temp, hoping that it's long term; it just might be. I've also been taking care of other things as well. When I'm not working at my new job then I'm trying to get something going with my side business where I take and sell photos as well as design and sell my own brand of greeting cards.

I'm also working on another book, which is part of a series. I no longer am selling my first one thru NOOK and have decided to go with Amazon now. You can still find it here-
http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00IHYDNLE

As far as Eagles-related activities, I did see Joe on the Beatles thing on TV last week and squealed like a little girl when he came onscreen! Some things never change! LOL!

Hope all of you are well!

Brooke
02-17-2014, 11:11 AM

Ok! Thanks HB! How did I not know about this?!

TT, hang in there! I'm feelin' for you and it sounds like you've had a terrible time with all this! Spring WILL come!

bluefeather
02-18-2014, 10:49 AM
I hope the mess is clearing up, TT, hang in there!:)

chaleymom
02-18-2014, 11:23 AM
Hello again - it's been awhile since I've been on this thread (even on the message board actually except for the Concert Pre-Anticipation thread the other day). I still see some familiar names and tons of old ones since I last was here.

Just a little bit of updates on my life - for whoever is interested. Be prepared - most is not happy stuff. :(

It's been a pretty tough year for me. I lost my sweet mom last March (almost a year already - so hard to believe) due to Alzheimers Disease. It's truly the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with thus far in my 50+ years. I still miss her every single day and something reminds me of her every single day. I'm convinced there was no sweeter lady on this earth and God blessed me so much to be her daughter. If any of you has dealt with or is currently dealing with a loved one who suffers from this horrid disease, my heart goes out to you. I was a co-facilitator for an Alzheimers support group for 8 years, but since mom passed, I just haven't been able to go back. I will at some point, as I feel like I can help others just like the members of the group helped me.

My dad is now alone in his house at almost 93. Well, he does have 24 hour caregivers, but mom is now gone, and he just lost his youngest brother in August from a heart attack. My brothers and I visit him often, but he never has much to say. He sleeps most of the time and has no interest in anything - except to watch old movies once in awhile. He doesn't even have much interest in his beloved Cincinnati Reds, but I'm still anxious for the season to start - maybe that will give him a little bit of pleasure. The terrible situation we are dealing with right now is finding a nursing home for dad. He isn't sick - he only takes two vitamins a day - but, he's almost out of money, and unfortunately, the caregivers don't work for free. In the past 4 years, we've gone through about $400,000 paying for his care. It feels almost criminal to me to have to move him out of the comfort of his home, simply because the money is running out. I still pray for a miracle every single day. I know often God doesn't give us what we ask for because his plan may be different than OUR plan. I know He also won't give me more than I can handle.... but I'm getting close to the breaking point. If you will, please keep dad in your prayers as we struggle with this new transition in his life.

Just about the only bright spot in my life right now is my 14 month old grandson, Cason. When my daughter told me she was pregnant two years ago (and still living at home with us), I was full of anxiety. Now I realize God certainly had a plan laid out. If not for this beautiful child, my grief over mom's death would have been so much greater. There's something to be said about a new life taking over after an old life passes on. God has truly blessed me with this grandchild. I know the day is coming when they will move out (which they should) - but for now, I'm enjoying every single moment.

My other blessing of course is my wonderful husband who is truly my rock. He's also the one who so generously bought the tickets for our Eagles concert in two weeks! Front row VIP no less!!! It's things like this that help to distract me from the stress in my life.

So - whew! that was long... don't know why I felt I needed to share - but I did anyway.

When I get some time, I want to go back through and catch up on YOUR lives.

Blessings to you all!

bluefeather
02-18-2014, 05:16 PM
that was really moving,chaleymom, all good thoughts and strenght to your way!:pray:

Brooke
02-18-2014, 08:06 PM
cm, it's good to hear from you again! My heart goes out to you for the loss of your mom and having to put your dad in the nursing home. It sounds like you and your family have had much to deal with and I wish you all the best. I just got my first grandchild about a month ago and now I know how wonderful they are! I'm so yours and your daughter are there for you along with your cool husband that splurged for those Eagles tickets! Prayers going up for you. Hang in there!

ETA: And welcome back!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-18-2014, 08:38 PM
CM, I will definitely keep your dad in my prayers, but you know what? I'm going to keep you in my prayers, too. You are right about the plan that God has for us and one thing I've learned in life, if you remember my favorite quote ever..."Be still, and wait..." you will see the plan and be rewarded for the trust.

sad-cafe
02-18-2014, 09:57 PM
chaleymom

I'm sorry about your loss. I think the loss of a parent is one of the hardest things ever. I lost my father when he was 65 and that was 17 years ago. Time makes it easier to bare but never takes the pain away. Right now, my mother is in the hospital again because she can not breathe. She has emphysema. Every time she goes in the hospital we siblings wonder if this is the time she won't come home.

Houston Baby
02-18-2014, 10:50 PM
CM -I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. I will keep your dad, you & your family in my prayers. I hope you continue to surround yourself with the love of family & friends & take comfort in your beautiful grandson. :hug:

Glennsallnighter
02-19-2014, 04:07 AM
Sorry for your loss CM, and the subsequent decision you will have to make about your Dad. It's a strange system that means someone must move from the comfort of the home they have always known into a nursing home for financial rather than care reasons. I

Your granddaughter sounds like a tonic. I'm glad you can look forward to happy times with her, and also that you have your HOTE show to look forward to.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-19-2014, 09:17 PM
SC, sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she manages to muster through.

Thirsty&Hot
02-19-2014, 11:10 PM
so sorry for your loss Chaley :(
it's never easy to lose a parent no matter what age.
Alzheimer's is a heartbreaking disease. It runs in my family.
it's wonderful that you have a grandchild to lighten your mood and it's super exciting to have that Eagles concert to look forward to!

SC - sending good thoughts to your mom

:hug:

Houston Baby
02-20-2014, 09:41 AM
SC - I will keep your mom in my prayers. :hug:

thelastresort
02-20-2014, 03:44 PM
Sorry to hear of everyone's troubles on here. I had a couple of family losses over the last summer (in fact one of their birthday's would have been today) that really hurt but my favourite ever saying is 'It's always darkest before the dawn' and that helped me a lot - we all go through some really low, awful, seemingly endless sad times in our lives, but eventually things will pick up and the pain will lessen; and wonderful memories will always remain.

----------------------------

In news my end, I passed all of my January exams at uni (with varying levels of success), so a beer and some Eagles music calls tonight.

Brooke
02-20-2014, 04:08 PM
Good for you, tlr! Enjoy!

Houston Baby
02-20-2014, 04:24 PM
Great job TLR!!:yay:
Have fun tonight!!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-20-2014, 07:20 PM
Congrats, TLR!!!

sad-cafe
02-20-2014, 07:58 PM
strange day today

As you know, we have students that have been expelled from their base schools. They have numerous offenses between drugs, fights, gangs, battery on students and staff and numerous other reasons. Because of that, our class sizes are never supposed to be above 8 and we are always on alert because these kids can go off at the drop of a hat.

Well...today at 8:03 the power goes out in the entire building (later we found out that 7300 customers were without power) and our emergency lights last less than 30 minutes. It is cold again today in our state 35 degrees with a mixture of rain/snow/sleet. No power, no heat. Most of the rooms are dark because of loss of power and the clouds made it pretty dark. We have to double up our rooms to the two rooms that are the lightest so we have 16 students per room. They handled it pretty well for about an hour then they were tired of chess, cards and uno. We didn't change classes, just kept them in the two rooms that had some semblance of light. They started getting on each others nerves. Lunch was over an hour late and it got cold.

Power was off till almost 1 pm and by that time the kids had trickled down to 4 out of 39. So for the last two hours of the day we had "normal classes" and the 4 that were left were all mine for both hours. All the other teachers had NO students and I had them all after having most all morning.

I am tired

Tiffanny Twisted
02-20-2014, 08:44 PM
sc I so feel you it had to be scarey
it was bad here with no heat and electricity etc
hard to be responsible for yourself let alone all those kids

Great jb
get some rest

sodascouts
02-20-2014, 08:58 PM
Hello again - it's been awhile since I've been on this thread (even on the message board actually except for the Concert Pre-Anticipation thread the other day). I still see some familiar names and tons of old ones since I last was here.

Just a little bit of updates on my life - for whoever is interested. Be prepared - most is not happy stuff. :(

It's been a pretty tough year for me. I lost my sweet mom last March (almost a year already - so hard to believe) due to Alzheimers Disease. It's truly the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with thus far in my 50+ years. I still miss her every single day and something reminds me of her every single day. I'm convinced there was no sweeter lady on this earth and God blessed me so much to be her daughter. If any of you has dealt with or is currently dealing with a loved one who suffers from this horrid disease, my heart goes out to you. I was a co-facilitator for an Alzheimers support group for 8 years, but since mom passed, I just haven't been able to go back. I will at some point, as I feel like I can help others just like the members of the group helped me.

My dad is now alone in his house at almost 93. Well, he does have 24 hour caregivers, but mom is now gone, and he just lost his youngest brother in August from a heart attack. My brothers and I visit him often, but he never has much to say. He sleeps most of the time and has no interest in anything - except to watch old movies once in awhile. He doesn't even have much interest in his beloved Cincinnati Reds, but I'm still anxious for the season to start - maybe that will give him a little bit of pleasure. The terrible situation we are dealing with right now is finding a nursing home for dad. He isn't sick - he only takes two vitamins a day - but, he's almost out of money, and unfortunately, the caregivers don't work for free. In the past 4 years, we've gone through about $400,000 paying for his care. It feels almost criminal to me to have to move him out of the comfort of his home, simply because the money is running out. I still pray for a miracle every single day. I know often God doesn't give us what we ask for because his plan may be different than OUR plan. I know He also won't give me more than I can handle.... but I'm getting close to the breaking point. If you will, please keep dad in your prayers as we struggle with this new transition in his life.

Just about the only bright spot in my life right now is my 14 month old grandson, Cason. When my daughter told me she was pregnant two years ago (and still living at home with us), I was full of anxiety. Now I realize God certainly had a plan laid out. If not for this beautiful child, my grief over mom's death would have been so much greater. There's something to be said about a new life taking over after an old life passes on. God has truly blessed me with this grandchild. I know the day is coming when they will move out (which they should) - but for now, I'm enjoying every single moment.

My other blessing of course is my wonderful husband who is truly my rock. He's also the one who so generously bought the tickets for our Eagles concert in two weeks! Front row VIP no less!!! It's things like this that help to distract me from the stress in my life.

So - whew! that was long... don't know why I felt I needed to share - but I did anyway.

When I get some time, I want to go back through and catch up on YOUR lives.

Blessings to you all!

It's been a few days since I've visited this thread but I want to say that you and your dad are in my prayers. :hug:

S-C: I'm praying for your mom as well. Sounds like you handed the power crisis adeptly even though it took its toll.

TLR: Congrats!!!

tjh532
02-20-2014, 09:21 PM
strange day today

As you know, we have students that have been expelled from their base schools. They have numerous offenses between drugs, fights, gangs, battery on students and staff and numerous other reasons. Because of that, our class sizes are never supposed to be above 8 and we are always on alert because these kids can go off at the drop of a hat.

Well...today at 8:03 the power goes out in the entire building (later we found out that 7300 customers were without power) and our emergency lights last less than 30 minutes. It is cold again today in our state 35 degrees with a mixture of rain/snow/sleet. No power, no heat. Most of the rooms are dark because of loss of power and the clouds made it pretty dark. We have to double up our rooms to the two rooms that are the lightest so we have 16 students per room. They handled it pretty well for about an hour then they were tired of chess, cards and uno. We didn't change classes, just kept them in the two rooms that had some semblance of light. They started getting on each others nerves. Lunch was over an hour late and it got cold.

Power was off till almost 1 pm and by that time the kids had trickled down to 4 out of 39. So for the last two hours of the day we had "normal classes" and the 4 that were left were all mine for both hours. All the other teachers had NO students and I had them all after having most all morning.

I am tired

Wow, and I complain when we have indoor recess! What are the ages of the kids you teach? I used to teach middle school, and we had a lot of gang problems, and the majority of our kids were below the poverty level. They were hard enough to deal with. You have my admiration for working with those kids. They need someone special to work with them and believe in them. And way to go handling your day. :bow: I don't know that I could handle that.

To Chaleymom - hang in there. I lost my mom awhile back, and it is hard. It will get better - I will keep you and your dad in my prayers :)

sad-cafe
02-20-2014, 09:32 PM
I had to give out my supply of jolly ranchers, twinkies, crackers and cookies.

I teach 9-12 grade

World History
US History 1 and 2
Government
Music Appreciation
Art History
Financial Literacy

The kids do their coursework online through a program called APEX and I am there to grade, provide one-on-one questioning and behavior modification. At any given hour I could have one of 12 different subjects going on. On a normal day it is rewarding but exhausting-today was downright just frustrating and exhausting.

tjh532
02-20-2014, 10:57 PM
It sounds like it would be both exhausting and rewarding! I admire what you are doing. Fourth grade is a piece of cake compared to what you are doing :) Too bad it's all online - otherwise you could play them the Eagles in your Music Appreciation class!

sad-cafe
02-20-2014, 11:01 PM
haha yea, they are mentioned in a couple of the music questions.

I have a radio that I play classic rock all day. My students know of my love for anything Eagles. The station usually plays 3-6 Eagles songs a day and lately Rocky Mt. Way and Life's Been Good and the last week have played Dirty Laundry and Boys of Summer.

My students are to the point that they mention "here's your group" when they recognize the songs.

I train them well :drunk:

tjh532
02-21-2014, 12:05 AM
Well, someone has to teach them about real music - heaven knows what their parents have taught them! :hilarious:

WalshFan88
02-22-2014, 03:44 AM
TLR - congrats!

Chaleymom - so sorry to hear that.

SC - prayers sent!

---------

Yesterday was interesting as I had to have a growth removed from my face right by my nose and the local anesthetic made my right eye water and nose run! It was embarrassing! LOL the spot runs right along that nerve for the shot and I didn't want them to think I was crying. It hurt, but not bad. But he removed it and said to wait 2 weeks for the biopsy. I stay on top of it now because of being diagnosed with Stage 0 (in place) melanoma in the past. He said it looked funny to him so now I'm going to worry probably for no reason for 2 weeks. :hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
02-22-2014, 05:38 AM
haha yea, they are mentioned in a couple of the music questions.

I have a radio that I play classic rock all day. My students know of my love for anything Eagles. The station usually plays 3-6 Eagles songs a day and lately Rocky Mt. Way and Life's Been Good and the last week have played Dirty Laundry and Boys of Summer.

My students are to the point that they mention "here's your group" when they recognize the songs.

I train them well :drunk:

Mine are the same SC. We don't play music in class but whenever they hear anything to do with the Eagles they refer to me! When the Dublin/UK dates were announced as many kids as teachers asked if (lol) I'd be going!

Austin, I hope you have nothing to worry about. I'm sure that's the case.

And tlr congrats from me too!

Tiffanny Twisted
02-22-2014, 11:59 AM
Austin no worries it will be ok . sue it was caught early since you are right on top of it.:-)
we have internet again yeah:yay:
now to clean up although there is still wires down all over the property.
took my usual backroad route home yesterday and boy was it bad. I had been staying on the mainroad but now it is so pot hole littered tried the back road and it still has stuff down all over it .
we just got so hit badly in this area of chester countny pa.
it makes me so sad and I try not to think about it I just try and push through it all.
:-)

bluefeather
02-23-2014, 11:01 AM
all the best for you Austin, it'll be ok:)

Glennsallnighter
02-23-2014, 04:20 PM
I feel like I'm getting flu or something similar! Feel awful!

Brooke
02-23-2014, 05:36 PM
Austin, hope it turns out ok!

Ga, feel better soon!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-23-2014, 08:32 PM
Austin, I hope the worrying is for nothing!

I drove to VA Friday night and Sat morning, arrived at the home of some friends who live less than a mile from where I used to live. The drive from KY to VA is some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen! A fantastic reminder of what an awesome God we have.

One of my friends was having a birthday, and in the recent past we have had some, ah, issues, but I stayed with them this visit and it went fine. She is a big Nationals fan, so I got her a customized bat at the Louisville Slugger factory with her name and Nats logo. She loved it!!

Now, I am at the Hyatt Regency in Reston, within walking distance of the office. I am looking forward to not driving anywhere for a few days.

I will say to any of you, if you have someone in your life that really likes baseball, the museum will personalize bats via the internet. It is good for special occassions or even awards. Great gift idea, and different.

Tiffanny Twisted
02-23-2014, 08:40 PM
thanks for the tip Va
Very nice gift for your friend and so kind of you to think of it too.

'You blew my theory on gift buying though...I always buy what I myself would like to have so if the person doesn't like it , I get to keep it ..lol

Well, what can I say the weekend wasn't long enough.
But I think I am off on this weds since the extra doc isn't in.

Trying to clean again we had so much storm damage before we put the house back up on the market.
So maybe weds will be a good catch up day since I was cleaning like crazy these past days

Prayers to all who need them .
enjoy your "vaca "in the hotel :hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
02-23-2014, 08:49 PM
Ha, what a vaca! Drinking something called Deaths Door. This could be a very bad thing...

ETA: Death's Door is a 'boutique' gin made in Wisconsin. Seriously. AAANNNNNNDDDDDD, two of them cost over $25. I asked the bartender if I would be hating life in the morning..he said 'yes'. Well, the bar tab sobered me up! Somewhat.

Tiffanny Twisted
02-23-2014, 08:57 PM
VA thanks for the visual ??( and the laugh):hilarious:

Hey I know you have to work but its a different set of four walls and with all the snow we have had.....its a change.

just be safe

SallyGee
02-23-2014, 09:26 PM
Haven't been here in a while. I've missed you all. I need to find time to catch up on what's been going on with everyone. My brother-in-law had a quadruple heart bypass, so I've been trying to be there for my sister and nieces and nephews. He is doing much better now, so hopefully I'll have some time to get on here. I must confess, I have been checking out the Timothy thread every few days!

Elizasong
02-23-2014, 10:18 PM
Hello,

I'm sending prayers out to everyone struggling with loss, sickness or any other challenges. I hope that things begin to get better.

tjh532
02-23-2014, 10:32 PM
Haven't been here in a while. I've missed you all. I need to find time to catch up on what's been going on with everyone. My brother-in-law had a quadruple heart bypass, so I've been trying to be there for my sister and nieces and nephews. He is doing much better now, so hopefully I'll have some time to get on here. I must confess, I have been checking out the Timothy thread every few days!

That is great that you are helping out with your family. It's nice that you are close enough to do so :) Hopefully a dose of Timothy will help you feel better - I think he has that effect on people :hilarious:

Houston Baby
02-23-2014, 11:08 PM
Austin - I'm keeping you in my prayers. Try to not worry, I'm sure it will be fine.

VA - I so wanted to visit the Louisville Slugger factory last year & get a bat. Of course our guys took priority. Maybe another time! And enjoy your trip!!

SG - I will keep your brother in law in my prayers!

GA - feel better soon! Hope it is not the flu.

TT - don't work too hard!!

WalshFan88
02-24-2014, 01:46 AM
VA - Enjoy the trip.

TT - Take care!

GA - Hope it's not the flu. Flu's suck big time (I can say that as I just got over the stomach one two weeks ago). Get well soon.

SG - Prayers sent!

----

Thanks everyone. I'm sure it will be fine as my earlier melanoma was not spread anywhere but superficially and it's been fine for years but with the doctor's comment it didn't take much for me to worry about it, I'm good at that. :hilarious:

Tiffanny Twisted
02-24-2014, 07:25 AM
sg and Austin prayers sent

sg I have missed you around here lately ...glad you checked in

MaryCalifornia
02-24-2014, 12:39 PM
VA - Enjoy the trip.

TT - Take care!

GA - Hope it's not the flu. Flu's suck big time (I can say that as I just got over the stomach one two weeks ago). Get well soon.

SG - Prayers sent!

----

Thanks everyone. I'm sure it will be fine as my earlier melanoma was not spread anywhere but superficially and it's been fine for years but with the doctor's comment it didn't take much for me to worry about it, I'm good at that. :hilarious:

Austin, I'm glad you are taking care of yourself. I too have had a melanoma in situ, so occasionally I have to have things taken off. It seems like the effects of the lidocaine shot get worse each time. The most recent time, it was like I had a panic attack and couldn't breathe - the doctor pulled out a tube of blue cake frosting out of the shelf and gave me some??!! I'm sorry your shot hit a nerve, that can't make it better! My best friend just had one taken off near her nose and mouth and had 13 stitches.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-24-2014, 11:07 PM
I posted in another thread that I haven't been feeling well, that I'm allergic to my friends' Sheltie and the reaction is asthma and my inhaler stopped working. Today I really had a bad day, when you're not getting enough oxygen, you get tired very easily, and I've been coughing as well. Fortunately, I never changed doctors when I moved to KY! The doctor I've always had here has no idea I don't live here any more. I called and asked if he could call in a refill for an inhaler and an hour later I got a message that he'd faxed it to 'my' pharmacy. Of course, I had to go to Warrenton to get it, but I used it as soon as I got in the truck and I can breathe again, and I'm not coughing as much.

Thirsty&Hot
02-25-2014, 12:03 AM
Not being able to breathe at full capacity is no fun. I have asthma too. Glad you're okay now VA! Good thing your old doc was on the mark!

Houston Baby
02-25-2014, 12:36 AM
I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better VA. Take care of yourself during all these travels. You need to be energetic Friday nite!

Maybe that backside pic I emailed you of a certain someone helped!:wink:

Glennsallnighter
02-25-2014, 10:20 AM
Well I'm off sick too until next week!

WalshFan88
02-25-2014, 12:23 PM
Get well soon VA and GA!!! :)

Brooke
02-25-2014, 12:55 PM
Ok everyone, now stop feeling bad and get well! Now! :lol:

VA, sorry to hear you have asthma. My son has it and I know it's tough to deal with. I don't know how it feels, but it seems like I can feel as bad as he does when he is suffering with it. Especially when he was a little kid. He has grown out of the worst of it, but it flares up every once in a while.

sodascouts
02-25-2014, 03:53 PM
Yes, all our sick folks, get well soon! I seem to have picked up a cold but it's not bad enough to keep me home from work. Lucky me. ;)

Brooklyn Roads
02-25-2014, 05:22 PM

Very cute! I can't wait to expose my "future" baby of all the great music in the world - especially the Eagles!

Brooklyn Roads
02-25-2014, 05:25 PM
My life? Oh, not too much to report. A few weeks ago my 91 year old grandfather passed away. It's been hard on my mother and grandmother (that's my grandmother on my profile page holding her nephew circa 1945). We are all trying to keep each other company and missing my Grandpa. We hope to do a memorial for him in the coming weeks.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-25-2014, 08:42 PM
BR sorry to hear about your grandfather...

As for me, I guess I left it too long and managed to cough my way into bronchitis. Just a touch of it that I'm hoping to shake off. I was in a freezing cold conference room today, so I didn't give it a lot of thought, but I had a horrible headache, and after taking three Advil, twenty minutes later, I was sweating, so obviously a fever that had broken. Probably from the nice pic HB sent me! I'm not going into the office tomorrow. I'm going to work from the hotel room in the morning and then head for Warrenton to get my hair done. I'm hoping I'll feel better tomorrow!

Thirsty&Hot
02-25-2014, 09:14 PM
BR sorry to hear about your grandfather...

As for me, I guess I left it too long and managed to cough my way into bronchitis. Just a touch of it that I'm hoping to shake off. I was in a freezing cold conference room today, so I didn't give it a lot of thought, but I had a horrible headache, and after taking three Advil, twenty minutes later, I was sweating, so obviously a fever that had broken. Probably from the nice pic HB sent me! I'm not going into the office tomorrow. I'm going to work from the hotel room in the morning and then head for Warrenton to get my hair done. I'm hoping I'll feel better tomorrow!

aw well it's good that you're going to rest a bit. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
What are you having done to your hair?

sodascouts
02-25-2014, 09:56 PM
What awful timing. Get well soon!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-25-2014, 09:58 PM
aw well it's good that you're going to rest a bit. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
What are you having done to your hair?

Same thing I always have done to it! Color and cut! Going to the hairdresser I had gone to for 15 years...new guy in KY is OK but I miss Shelley! Since I'm in VA I'll take advantage of it!

Houston Baby
02-26-2014, 12:04 AM
BR - I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandfather. Grandparents are such special people in our lives giving their unconditional love and spoiling us! It sounds like you have a very close family and surrounding yourself with the love of family & friends will help. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Houston Baby
02-26-2014, 12:19 AM
Hope you get some rest tomorrow VA & feel better soon! I know you will be glad to see your former hairdresser and just in time for your upcoming big night with our guys!
Glad to hear that pic helped break the fever! :thumbsup:

Brooklyn Roads
02-26-2014, 02:41 AM
BR - I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandfather. Grandparents are such special people in our lives giving their unconditional love and spoiling us! It sounds like you have a very close family and surrounding yourself with the love of family & friends will help. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Thank you, Houston! He was loved by many. He was technically my step-grandfather, but was the only grandfather I knew for my nearly 32 years of life. He took on four children after my grandma divorced my real grandpa in 1959. He helped raise them, provided for them and taught them a lot. Part of me is in denial on certain days. I want to go visit him like I was every weekend - but now he is no longer here. But, keeping my Grandma and mother in good spirits is what is most important.

We had just seen the Eagles in concert a week prior to my grandfather passing, and the song I turned to was "Take it to the Limit" It seems it re-entered my life at just the right time, as the words were perfectly poignant to how I was feeling. I still keep re-listening to it because it brings some solace. Thanks for listening!

Okay, so sorry! Didn't want to be a downer here.

I am praying for those who are not feeling well on here. I have been lucky to not get sick since last October (Disneyland jam packed with people + not much sleep = recipe for getting sick).

Please take care and get lots of rest - that's most important!

WalshFan88
02-26-2014, 11:16 AM
Get well soon VA and Soda.

BR - sorry to hear that. :(

Tiffanny Twisted
02-26-2014, 11:28 AM
BR sorry for your loss:weep::weep:
as I told my niece when we lost a family member, buring people you love is the hardest thing you will ever have to do in your lifetime,:weep::weep:

to all who are under the weather.....rest up...

since we have more snow today:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:, I will do errands on sat and try and do laundry today and rest in between while the machines do the work.
I have a turkey breast to put in the oven later today and I bought ready made soups at trader joes last night,, for lunches.
Not feeling too myself so trying to rest and be good to myself

have a :rockon:great weds everyone

Brooke
02-26-2014, 02:50 PM
VA, you must get better quick! The guys are expecting to see you partaying on! :lol:

BR, I'm also sorry about the loss of your grandfather. Keep your memories.

Brooklyn Roads
02-26-2014, 05:23 PM
Get well soon VA and Soda.

BR - sorry to hear that. :(

Thank you, WalshFan! :)

Brooklyn Roads
02-26-2014, 05:25 PM
BR sorry for your loss:weep::weep:
as I told my niece when we lost a family member, buring people you love is the hardest thing you will ever have to do in your lifetime,:weep::weep:

to all who are under the weather.....rest up...

since we have more snow today:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:, I will do errands on sat and try and do laundry today and rest in between while the machines do the work.
I have a turkey breast to put in the oven later today and I bought ready made soups at trader joes last night,, for lunches.
Not feeling too myself so trying to rest and be good to myself

have a :rockon:great weds everyone

I agree, it's "Hump" Day (not in the literal sense, lol) ;) We almost are through the work week!!

In regards to my grandfather, it is - I feel I have been burying/saying good bye to too many loved ones over the last few years. But, with all things, this too shall pass. We will make it through the stormy weather :)

Tiffanny Twisted
02-26-2014, 05:27 PM
yeap I agree with you.

I asked the question if all my parents were deceased am I still a daughter, which made my hubby say I am having an identy chrisis.
really Im not it just made me think that's all

DJ
02-26-2014, 05:34 PM
Well I had to take my 11 year old dog to the vet yesterday because he's been going outside for two weeks and just laying in the snow bank. I knew he had a fever so I thought when I felt his swollen glands he had an infection. Oh it couldn't be that easy, he has frickin Cancer! This dog is my life. I've had him since he was 6 weeks old. He is a Australian/Choc.Lab mix and has blue eyes. So smart and has been my friend for 11 yrs. The chemo treatments are $150 ea. and 25 treatments. We decided sadly not to get them mostly because the odds of living after them are only 6-8mo's. if they work at all.
So he's got about 4 weeks left the vet says, I think probably alittle longer cuz we caught it early and he's still eating and drinking,etc.. Just breaks my heart.:weep:I thought losing my job last Sept. was bad. UGH

DJ
02-26-2014, 05:35 PM
yeap I agree with you.

I asked the question if all my parents were deceased am I still a daughter, which made my hubby say I am having an identy chrisis.
You are a daughter, you always will be... No Identity crisis, men have no feelings sometimes. My husband of 27 yrs would say the same thing!

Brooke
02-26-2014, 05:57 PM
DJ, I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved dog. Poor thing! At least you will have a few more weeks with him. :sad:

TT, I agree. You will always be a daughter.

bluefeather
02-26-2014, 06:27 PM
sorry about your dog DJ

Tiffanny Twisted
02-26-2014, 07:10 PM
Thanks DJ and Brooke.

It came up when the boys next door were doing a school project and interviewing me and I thought I didn't count as a daughter anymore since I buried three parents. I do have a step mom left but we live so far apart . .....Just made me think.

ANyway DJ , I am sorry that you are going through this with your four legged fur baby. As I have said,, I have buried a lot of people nothing compares to the loss I have felt when I lost my four legged fur baby.

Now I have friends who have put the money out and paid it our on their credit cards for years..but my expierence has been cancer in dogs does not act the same way in humans and is much harder to treat.

Just spend as much time as you can with your pal and feed her what she likes and keep her comfy.
My girl is waiting for me over the rainbow bridge,
prayers to you

Houston Baby
02-26-2014, 09:09 PM
DJ - I am so sorry about your precious dog. I know the next few weeks will be extremely difficult for you. I will keep you and him in my prayers. Take comfort in knowing you gave him a wonderful home & life and he knows he is much loved. :hug:

If I may ask, what is his name?

Houston Baby
02-26-2014, 09:12 PM
:hug: TT

I had the same feeling when my mom & dad had both passed. 55 years old and I felt like an orphan. But they are always with us and we are always their daughter.

DJ
02-26-2014, 10:09 PM
DJ - I am so sorry about your precious dog. I know the next few weeks will be extremely difficult for you. I will keep you and him in my prayers. Take comfort in knowing you gave him a wonderful home & life and he knows he is much loved. :hug:

If I may ask, what is his name?

Thanks a lot. His name is Odegard Winchester (Odie) :)

sad-cafe
02-26-2014, 10:53 PM
My mom is still in the hospital. She had to have a unit of blood today. This is the second time in a month. I think the doctors are missing something. Emphysema to my knowledge doesn't make you lose blood. My father died of Leukemia and he had to have 4 units of blood in a month before he died. That is understandable but this we don't understand.

Thirsty&Hot
02-26-2014, 11:18 PM
yeap I agree with you.

your (perhaps rhetorical) question made me consider another thought...if your child dies, are you still a mother?
I think it falls under the same idea....
I found this touching story that could perhaps be of some comfort to you even though it's a different situation: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/freedom-grieve/201205/being-mother-after-your-child-dies

in short, yes, you will always be a daughter <3

Thirsty&Hot
02-26-2014, 11:21 PM
Well I had to take my 11 year old dog to the vet yesterday because he's been going outside for two weeks and just laying in the snow bank. I knew he had a fever so I thought when I felt his swollen glands he had an infection. Oh it couldn't be that easy, he has frickin Cancer! This dog is my life. I've had him since he was 6 weeks old. He is a Australian/Choc.Lab mix and has blue eyes. So smart and has been my friend for 11 yrs. The chemo treatments are $150 ea. and 25 treatments. We decided sadly not to get them mostly because the odds of living after them are only 6-8mo's. if they work at all.
So he's got about 4 weeks left the vet says, I think probably alittle longer cuz we caught it early and he's still eating and drinking,etc.. Just breaks my heart.:weep:I thought losing my job last Sept. was bad. UGH

this is heartbreaking...our fur babies are our children... I'm glad you have a little more time with him, but I know it won't be easy. :(
big hugs. :grouphug:

Thirsty&Hot
02-26-2014, 11:22 PM
My mom is still in the hospital. She had to have a unit of blood today. This is the second time in a month. I think the doctors are missing something. Emphysema to my knowledge doesn't make you lose blood. My father died of Leukemia and he had to have 4 units of blood in a month before he died. That is understandable but this we don't understand.

sending good thoughts your mom's way.

Thirsty&Hot
02-26-2014, 11:23 PM
and sending good vibes everyone's way..seems there's a lot of heartache tonight

sad-cafe
02-27-2014, 12:10 AM
I'm just bitching right now so be warned:

Our program. Gateway alternative program is SUPPOSED to be set up for those students getting kicked out of their base school for offences like drugs, weapons (pocket knives cans and thing of that nature) and blatant constant defiance, minor gang incidents.

we do: basically its like meatball surgery. You find the bleeding (holes in their transcript) get them on the right track behavior wise, give them success on school work so they can recover credits missed , correct their behavior and send them back on their merry way.

Well the new hearing officer doesn't get that . We are getting kids that threaten to kill, major gang incidents , one student we got today threw and hit a teacher with a chair.

We are getting
TOO many students often times from the same fighting each other incident that got them both expelled to us. There is so much wrong with this somethings got to give or I will lose my mind

Brooklyn Roads
02-27-2014, 02:01 AM

So sorry, DJ... praying for your dog to get through this as painless as possible. :-(

Brooklyn Roads
02-27-2014, 02:04 AM

There seems to be internal bleeding somewhere. I hope they can find it. Maybe a fecal occult blood test? I wish she and pray she is feeling better and they can determine the cause for her needing units of blood.

zeldabjr
02-27-2014, 02:24 AM
DJ...so sorry to hear about your dog...I went through my dog having cancer a few years back...I feel your pain...I kept thinking...this is about him not me...I have to do what's best for him...
SC...prayers for your Mom...do not hesitate to ask the doc any questions you have...sometimes they are not very forthcoming with info...and that sounds really scary with your work...I don't blame you for being really upset about it...again...don't hesitate to make your feelings known...may not do any good...but the higher ups should be aware of how you feel...

Prayers for everyone going through rough times...

zeldabjr
02-27-2014, 02:27 AM
:hug: TT

I had the same feeling when my mom & dad had both passed. 55 years old and I felt like an orphan. But they are always with us and we are always their daughter.

I feel the same way...both my parents have been gone for over twenty years...and I still feel like an orphan...

Houston Baby
02-27-2014, 07:43 AM
Wow SC that sounds scary. I hope the new hearing officer wakes up before someone gets seriously hurt again.
Prayers being said for your mom.

bluefeather
02-27-2014, 05:24 PM
Ugh, SC sounds quite scary and REALLY BAD, strength and warm thoughts to your way:)

Houston Baby
02-28-2014, 09:11 AM
Woo Hoo! It's rodeo season in Houston! The bar-b-que cook-off started last night and the parade is tomorrow. All the trail riders should arrive by today so that means there will be lots of cowboys & horses in town for the next 3 weeks. :applause: I need to decide what performers I would like to see & start hitting up my friends who are on rodeo committees for tickets! :laugh:

bluefeather
02-28-2014, 09:24 AM
cool HB, have fun!

Brooke
02-28-2014, 02:11 PM
Have fun, HB! Sounds like a good time!

Tiffanny Twisted
02-28-2014, 05:58 PM
Deb hsve a blast

WalshFan88
02-28-2014, 10:00 PM
Have fun, HB.

Houston Baby
03-01-2014, 01:20 AM
Thanks gals & guy! It is a fun time in H-town when the rodeo is here! :partytime:

SallyGee
03-01-2014, 10:52 PM
DJ so sorry about your dog. We had a Golden who was 14 and had a bone tumor. We carried all 85 lbs. of her in and out for 3 months while she was sick. When it was finally time to let her go, it was very hard on us, but we knew she was at peace and could once again run and play. I still miss my SallyGee.
TT My mom died when I was 23 and my dad died when I was 31. The first thing I said to my sister after my dad died was "we're orphans now" but I will always be their daughter.
BR so sorry about your grandfather.
SC I will keep your mom in my prayers.
And on a happier note, HB it sounds like you are in for some fun.

Tiffanny Twisted
03-01-2014, 11:00 PM
So sg am I crazy?. Identiy crisis? or just really finally coming o the reslzstion that even though I lost my mom stepdad, dad
And the aunt and uncle who helped rsise me that I am an orphan?
I have really been having a hard hard time with this one lately.
Just confused and over whelmed I guess

Come to think of it at the last funeral for my uncle, some people were so concfused d over and over had to say I am stellas daughter.......claras sisters daughter and that was kinda hard ...remind me my mom was gone ......and my aunt too

Maybe I am losing my mind
or what little of it is left

SallyGee
03-02-2014, 12:07 AM
TT you are not losing your mind. Losing a parent is a huge event in one's life. You don't ever get over it. You learn to deal with it. It's like my mom was a part of my young self. She never knew me as a wife or mother. She never met my husband or kids, but I know she was with me through it all. Sometimes I'm OK with that. Most times I'm OK with that, but sometimes I think it's just not fair. My dad died when my daughter was 3 and my son was an infant. He was with my kids everyday. He and my daughter were so close. And she doesn't remember him. He never met his namesake, my third child. Again, so not fair! But I have my memories and faith that he is with us always, and that is what I hold onto. Hope this helps you somewhat.

sodascouts
03-02-2014, 12:30 AM
Thanks gals & guy! It is a fun time in H-town when the rodeo is here! :partytime:

I miss the rodeo! It used to be the only time I could see concerts - at the rodeo and at Astroworld. I saw George Strait, Alabama, Brooks & Dunn, Def Leppard... happy memories!

S-C: how scary - why is it that the people in charge of education administration don't seem to understand the needs of the students?!

TT: I'm sorry you're struggling. I hope things get better for you. Listen to those who care about you!

sad-cafe
03-02-2014, 12:34 AM
Thanks guys for your good wishes. I feel like things are so bad right now, I get feeling sorry for myself, but then I read on here and others are hurting too. I pray spring comes soon and brings with it greatness for all of us.

bluefeather
03-02-2014, 03:03 PM
You are definitely not crazy TT and all the best for you, I hope you get over your bad feeling soon:hug:

sad-cafe
03-02-2014, 11:11 PM
SNOW DAY tomorrow. We get a snow day. Doing a happy dance like you can not believe!!!

Houston Baby
03-02-2014, 11:39 PM
Enjoy your snow day S-C!

sodascouts
03-02-2014, 11:46 PM
I'm jealous, S-C!

Houston Baby
03-03-2014, 12:24 AM
We are having a chili cook off at work this coming Friday. Our team is going to use Don Henley's Texas Chili recipe from the "Rock 'n' Roll Cuisine" cookbook. We need to come up with a catchy name for the chili besides Don Henley's. Any suggestions?

sodascouts
03-03-2014, 12:41 AM
Heartburn Tonight? ;)

sad-cafe
03-03-2014, 01:06 AM
I so needed it. My battery was drained for sure. Had even contemplated calling in but with the snow day I get a free day off!

Houston Baby
03-03-2014, 07:12 AM
Heartburn Tonight? ;)

Great one Soda!!!:thumbsup:

WalshFan88
03-03-2014, 08:24 AM
LOL Soda - I like that name - as painful as it sounds. I like spicy food. In fact tomorrow night I'm having hot wings for dinner. I like BBQ too, but spicy stuff has long been a favorite of mine. I like to be able to taste the food though, not just the heat.

TT - Take care and sending good thoughts your way.

Tiffanny Twisted
03-03-2014, 08:26 AM
first I vote for sodas name for dh's chili in the cook off ....good one lol

Thanks for listening and all your support .
I think I have always taken things in stride but its hitting me now with my last loss in Jan ( which was sudden and profound) that I have lost 6 people in less than two years...all were family members who raised me with the one gf who had cancer and told none of us "cause she didn't want to worry us" .
The person I lost in Jan was my greatest champion more than my own Mom. She was with me when my son was born .She raised him for 4 months while Iwas in the hospital for 62days.
I am greatful she isn't suffering but none the less I am still dealing with the domino effect of things I guess.
Thanks for letting me vent a little.
no snow day for me ..just a delay but I don't want to drive in this so am wainting for my ride.

Houston Baby
03-03-2014, 09:18 AM
TT - my thoughts & prayers are still with you. I know this has been a rough beginning to 2014 but spring will be here soon and hopefully with it a renewal of beautiful things! :hug:

sodascouts
03-03-2014, 09:44 AM
I'm sorry you're going through so much, TT, and I think of you and pray for you.

As for me, my school has been cancelled for today as well, as I said in another thread. I guess I should use the time to grade, but I honestly just want to take the day off!

sad-cafe
03-03-2014, 12:31 PM
the only work related thing I am going to do is call support to reset my password to my work email and district log in. It expired over the weekend and I HAVE to have it for everything at work. I want to take care of it today so in the morning it won't be a mess.

Brooke
03-03-2014, 04:49 PM
TT, I'm so sorry for your losses. I know it must be hard and am praying for your healing. Hang in there, things will get better.

Soda, love your DH chili name! :lol:

Tiffanny Twisted
03-03-2014, 06:24 PM
:heart:thanks for the prayers much appreciated

sad-cafe
03-03-2014, 07:00 PM
can we wish for groundhog day? My snow day is almost over. Wish we could rewind and start the weekend over :)

TT. Praying still

Thirsty&Hot
03-03-2014, 07:40 PM
soda...great chili name! haha

and TT you're in my thoughts and prayers xo

Tiffanny Twisted
03-03-2014, 07:44 PM
thanks tif you are too kind :)

zeldabjr
03-03-2014, 09:40 PM
prayers for all who are hurting tonight...

HB...Soda's "Heartburn Tonight"...is a hoot!!!

Houston Baby
03-03-2014, 10:55 PM
Soda - everyone at work loved the name "Don Henley's Heartburn Tonight" chili !
Thank you!! :thumbsup:
Now if only the chili is as good as the name!

sodascouts
03-03-2014, 11:58 PM
Glad I could help! Let us know how it goes!

Hmm, maybe I"ll buy that cookbook. I mean, I don't cook or anything, but you never know when I might start. lol

Brooklyn Roads
03-04-2014, 03:57 AM
first I vote for sodas name for dh's chili in the cook off ....good one lol

Thanks for listening and all your support .
I think I have always taken things in stride but its hitting me now with my last loss in Jan ( which was sudden and profound) that I have lost 6 people in less than two years...all were family members who raised me with the one gf who had cancer and told none of us "cause she didn't want to worry us" .
The person I lost in Jan was my greatest champion more than my own Mom. She was with me when my son was born .She raised him for 4 months while Iwas in the hospital for 62days.
I am greatful she isn't suffering but none the less I am still dealing with the domino effect of things I guess.
Thanks for letting me vent a little.
no snow day for me ..just a delay but I don't want to drive in this so am wainting for my ride.

I am praying for you during this difficult time. The lady who took care of your child while you were in the hospital sounded like a true guardian angel in your life and now she is watching over you from up above.

Brooklyn Roads
03-04-2014, 04:00 AM
Work has been busy - what's new! lol. On the bright side, I found out my sister-in-law is 2 months pregnant with her second child! Congrats to my brother and her and my 4 year old niece who is excited to meet her baby sister, due in October. I got to visit my Grandma on her ranch over the weekend and spend time with my mother, as I usually do. I love going to the ranch. It rejuvenates me after a long work week.

Tiffanny Twisted
03-04-2014, 07:10 AM
thanks BR:)
she was a wonderful person:heart:
and congrats on the new baby :applause:

hiho hiho its off to work I go ,,

Houston Baby
03-04-2014, 07:19 AM
Congratulations BR to your family on the new addition! What joy a baby brings.

Houston Baby
03-04-2014, 07:36 AM
Glad I could help! Let us know how it goes!

Hmm, maybe I"ll buy that cookbook. I mean, I don't cook or anything, but you never know when I might start. lol

It has some good easy recipes but the real treat are the stories and/or directions that accompany them. Of course Don gave a tutorial of chili with his recipe.

There are 5 recipes in it from the members of Mac. Stevie's contribution is Fleetwood Mac Fiesta Dip which is a 7 layer dip.
OK now I am hungry!!

bluefeather
03-04-2014, 09:20 AM
congrats BR:)

zeldabjr
03-04-2014, 03:40 PM
I just realized today is my two year Borderversary!!! can't believe it's been two years...can't imagine life without it!! :)

bluefeather
03-04-2014, 03:58 PM
HAPPY BORDERVERSARY,Zelda!:yay:

Brooklyn Roads
03-04-2014, 04:59 PM
I just realized today is my two year Borderversary!!! can't believe it's been two years...can't imagine life without it!! :)

You rock!! Happy Anniversary!! :applause:

Brooklyn Roads
03-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Thank you, everyone, for the congrats on my brother/SIL's baby news. And, I mispoke last night - I said my niece was excited for a baby sister. I actually have no idea what sex it is for about another few weeks, so that was a slip on my end - but who knows? It may be another girl!! Thanks again! :)

Brooke
03-04-2014, 05:22 PM
BR, love having new babies around. Enjoy! I just got my first grandbaby so I'm all about them right now!

And

HAPPY BORDERVERSARY ZELDA!

It's great having you here! Keep on postin'! :computer:

Thirsty&Hot
03-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Happy Borderversary Zelda!!!

sodascouts
03-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Happy borderversary... A little late!

WalshFan88
03-06-2014, 04:51 AM
Happy Borderversary Zelda! I mentioned it in the other thread TT made but just saw it here.

----

I leave for Florida in a couple weeks and I'm hoping getting out of this weather might do me some good - we shall see.

Brooke
03-06-2014, 10:48 AM
Oh man, it would be so nice to go to Florida this time of year! Lucky you, Austin!

Not much happening with me these days! We've gotten to babysit our grandson several times lately and he is such a joy! Growing like a weed! I love him so much! It's funny how a baby can just come in to the world and immediately find a place in your heart when you get to see them a lot. I don't want him to go home when the time comes! He's such a blessing to us! :heart:

Houston Baby
03-06-2014, 02:00 PM
I know what you mean Brooke! I feel the same way about our Rylee. Babies are such a joy to our family.
It is hard to understand how there can be some babies in this world that are neglected and unloved. So sad.

Houston Baby
03-06-2014, 02:03 PM
Have a GREAT time in FL Austin!! Hope the weather there is warm & sunny!! :bye:

Tiffanny Twisted
03-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Austin have fun with your parents and warm weather

Brooke I am not a grandmother yet but a gidmomma is close
The "chairman " makes life fun
Aka mr luke

Well another tired day at the office gotta make dinner

VAisForEagleLovers
03-07-2014, 08:29 PM
I still haven't recovered from the trip to VA and the visit to the dog I'm allergic to! It's been well over a week! I'm better than I was, but I could be better.

It was a rough week at work, but the highlight was getting a raise and....giving raises to other people! It's got to be the best part of being a manager, even if the raises aren't very high, so many out there don't get any at all.

WalshFan88
03-08-2014, 12:23 AM
Thanks!

And if things weren't hectic enough - I leave this Sunday!!! I wasn't supposed to leave until next Sunday but yesterday plans got changed so I'll be heading out tomorrow and riding down with my grandma/stepgrandpa to their place in FL and it'll be a road trip this time instead of flying and I'll save my plane tickets for when I go back in November.

zeldabjr
03-08-2014, 01:18 AM
oh wow...that is a big change in plans Austin!!!...bet you're not packed yet...safe travels...

VA...sorry you're still not up to par...Hope you're feeling 100% soon!...Congrats on the raise...that must make you feel better at least!!

sodascouts
03-08-2014, 01:48 AM
Have fun, Austin!

VA - hope you're back up to 100% soon. Congrats on your raise!

Tiffanny Twisted
03-08-2014, 08:53 AM
yeah verna congrats:thumbsup:

bluefeather
03-08-2014, 07:12 PM
sounds like very good fun Austin

congrats VA:)

MaryCalifornia
03-09-2014, 04:28 AM
Have fun in Florida, Austin.

VK - you are so lucky to get and give raises - congrats!

MaryCalifornia
03-09-2014, 04:32 AM
Uggghhh, I had to go to this thing tonight...I hate going out at night. (Unless I am going to an Eagles concert!!!) It was a networking thing, I'm trying to get a job, we just relocated. Had to get a babysitter, husband in tux, me in dress, hundreds of people I don't know...$90 to the babysitter. When I got home at almost midnight, I washed my face, brushed my teeth, took care of the old man (Hobbes), kissed the babies, got in bed and got on the Border...ahhhhh, that's better! Thanks, everyone!

p.s. just noticed I am wearing pale blue glitter nail polish that I gave to my 8 yr old daughter for her birthday. Why? Is this 1996? Uggghhh...

zeldabjr
03-09-2014, 06:26 AM
yeah MC...that does not sound like a fun night to me...except for the parts after you got home!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-09-2014, 12:21 PM
MC, I'm right with you, I detest those kinds of events!

I heard yesterday that there was a major accident near my mother's house, and this morning I learned who the fatalities were. I did know one of them, not well, but it is still heartbreaking. What really concerns me is the intersection and how many close calls there are. Two small rural roads and one has a curve. There's a small campground on one of the corners of this intersection, and about thirty years ago there was a horrific accident and they finally cut down all the pine trees that blocked the view of the road. Then planted more further back, but even when the trees were small, it was obvious what was going to happen someday, and yesterday was that day.

My mother goes through that intersection at least twice a day, and once is from the side where the view is blocked. My aunt and several cousins as well. I myself go across the intersection every time I visit. Due to the ski resort that's less than ten miles from the intersection, that little road gets a lot of traffic. Two people were killed and two others have major injuries. I hope the folks at the campground enjoy the privacy those trees give them.

bluefeather
03-09-2014, 03:13 PM
that's sad to hear VA, kinda difficult matter because privacy is such a big thing but when it causes those kind of problems it feels wrong, also I detest how little city authorities think when they plan and built, it's evident in my town too:-x

Tiffanny Twisted
03-09-2014, 06:39 PM
sorry va ., You have valid concerns .
I would worry too.

MC-oh what a night.....
90 bucks for a babysitter.....I need to start babysitting..lol

spent the afternoon with my friend and neighbor and one of her boys and painted..I think I suck at it but it is relaxing lol and the boys are fun too.

luke took his first selfie with his moms phone ....
losing his baby luke look moving into his little boy luke look oh well

sodascouts
03-09-2014, 11:05 PM
MC - good luck finding a new job. So stressful, even without the parties.

VA - I'm sorry to hear about your acquaintance. Just pray there are no more such incidents, especially with you mom.

TT - lol about Luke taking a selfie!

zeldabjr
03-10-2014, 02:15 AM
oh VA...so sorry to hear about this...We have intersections like that here too...that are notorious for having a lot of bad accidents...I'm always thinking...can't something be done?...

WalshFan88
03-10-2014, 08:16 AM
MC - Good luck!

VA - So sorry to hear that. :(

Brooke
03-10-2014, 02:21 PM
VA, congrats on the raise! And it would be nice to give them too! I also got a small one last month! Sorry to hear about the accident. I hope something can be done before another one happens. And darn it, get uself well! :fingerwag:

Austin, have fun in Florida! Wish I were going!

MC, sounds like quite a fancy evening!

Not much happening in my part of the world! Every Sunday I have 'Sunday Dinner' after church. It kind of preserves the 'family' thing for us as my inlaws nearly always had Sunday dinners till they passed away and it was no small feat with my husband's family, 9 kids all grown and married with kids of their own and even greats! Most would bring a dish to help out, but it was still a job and husband's mother took it all in stride. Usually it's just my son and his family (!) and my mom, but yesterday the dnl's mother was along as she had come to visit them for the week. Dnl has to go back to teaching today as her maternity leave is up and her mom had this week off. It will really be a help for her to get back in to the 'getting ready for work' with a baby. She won't have to take him to the sitter just yet! It was a nice afternoon, especially with the baby along. Love getting to see him so often and am sad when they go home! I just want to keep him and kiss him! (Poor baby, he'd probably wish people would quit kissing him!) He had on jeans and a black and red checked shirt and basketball shoes! (6 weeks old!) Maybe I'll post a pic of him later! I know you all want to see it........lol

bluefeather
03-10-2014, 02:40 PM
That's surely one CUTE picture Brooke! Please do post it soon.

Tiffanny Twisted
03-10-2014, 05:54 PM
Yeah grandma brooke that's what babys r for ......kisding and huggung

zeldabjr
03-10-2014, 07:55 PM
oh please do Brooke...love baby pics!!!

Brooke
03-11-2014, 09:52 AM
Oh, well, you talked me in to it! :lol:

This is what's happening in my life! My little man in his cool jeans, shirt, and converse all stars!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Family/DSCN0105_zps658b2134.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/desperado74/media/Family/DSCN0105_zps658b2134.jpg.html)

The collar was bothering him cause he kept trying to get it in his mouth! Actually I prefer the little soft sleepers on small babies, much more comfortable! But these 'grown up' outfits are cute once in a while. :heart:

bluefeather
03-11-2014, 10:18 AM
so handsome little man! :heart:the checked shirt reminds me of a similarly coloured one Timothy wears in some concert pics:grin: