PDA

View Full Version : What's Happening In Your Life?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

zeldabjr
03-11-2014, 10:53 AM
omg Brooke...he's adorable!!!...yeah he's probably thinking...I can't wait to get out of this and get into my comfy jammies!!!....but it looks so cute on him!!!...How much does he weigh?

sodascouts
03-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Such a cutie!

Freypower
03-11-2014, 04:58 PM
He's beautiful, Brooke!

SallyGee
03-11-2014, 09:48 PM
Oh Brooke, he is so adorable! You must be in heaven!

Tiffanny Twisted
03-12-2014, 08:27 AM
So cute . Love the outfit but like you at that age I'm useto sleepers lol

Brooke
03-12-2014, 11:36 AM
Thanks for letting me indulge everyone! Yes, he's quite stolen my heart! :heart:

DJ
03-12-2014, 12:23 PM
First off Brooke he is an adorable little man!! My little man is 19 and in college. I miss those baby days. Not very much going on in my part of the world. Very nice sunny day today after all our snow.. Been laid off from my job now for going on 5 months! I try to be constructive but most days it's just cookin,cleaning and running errands. I believe I have put in about 75+ applications and have only had 2 interviews. :brickwall: I am beginning to think there is something wrong with me or my resume'. Hopefully my resume' LOL. There is a plan for me. I know part of my being laid off plan was so I could take care of my sick puppy dog. It was a week yesterday since he passed. So now I have to think really hard about getting another dog, not sure I can go through that again. I picked up his remains yesterday and the vet tech. said Oh but if you get a puppy it will help ease the loss. This is true but...do I want to potty train and all again??? Time will tell.

WalshFan88
03-12-2014, 12:30 PM
Great pic, Brooke!

-----

I'm here and enjoying Florida. The warm weather and the pool and the hot tub and the stores! It beats sitting in my bedroom in Illinois sleeping all day and being depressed!!! Problem is - I'm only here for a week.

Brooke
03-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Great pic, Brooke!

-----

I'm here and enjoying Florida. The warm weather and the pool and the hot tub and the stores! It beats sitting in my bedroom in Illinois sleeping all day and being depressed!!! Problem is - I'm only here for a week.

Thanks Austin!

And enjoy every day there to the fullest and don't think about having to come back to this area! Maybe it will be warmer here by the time you come back! :pray:

I picked around in a flower bed on Tuesday evening when it was nice and actually found a green leaf of a daylily coming up! Spring is coming! :yay:

bluefeather
03-12-2014, 02:45 PM
I got my first sight of snowdrops last weekend, they'r s pretty, still too cold for most other flowers though

Tiffanny Twisted
03-12-2014, 06:28 PM
Dj
for me I still havent gotten another dog...I still want mine ...ya know???

When I do , I will adopt a baby from the no kill shelter one who needs a home and already trained....maybe someone whose owner passed away or couldn't take care of them any more due to financial reasons that sort of thing.
just an idea??

Tiffanny Twisted
03-12-2014, 06:32 PM
well its dental issues for me...I broke my tooth , the filling cracked and split.
so its already a root canal tooth so its just the post and cap part but I feel like I wnet ten rounds with rocky :worried:

Brooke
03-13-2014, 10:41 AM
TT, so sorry! I went through something similar a while back. Not fun, for sure! Hope you get it fixed soon!

bluefeather
03-13-2014, 01:29 PM
I feel for you TT, I've had enough of dental problems for a lifetime already and the process of fixing them still isn't complete after 11 years!!!:-x

:yawn:another exam coming on Monday, I should start reading

Glennsallnighter
03-14-2014, 10:38 AM
Oh, well, you talked me in to it! :lol:

This is what's happening in my life! My little man in his cool jeans, shirt, and converse all stars!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Family/DSCN0105_zps658b2134.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/desperado74/media/Family/DSCN0105_zps658b2134.jpg.html)

The collar was bothering him cause he kept trying to get it in his mouth! Actually I prefer the little soft sleepers on small babies, much more comfortable! But these 'grown up' outfits are cute once in a while. :heart:
Absolutely gorgeous pic, but back so soon after leave....? Thats inhumane! How long does she get? We get 26 weeks plus any annual leave incurred. She has had barely enough time to recover herself!!

Brooke
03-14-2014, 01:58 PM
Wow, Ga! 26 weeks! Unheard of here! Mom's usually get 6 weeks for a normal pregnancy. She got 8 weeks since she had a cesarean, but went back after 7.

Glennsallnighter
03-14-2014, 03:05 PM
A lot of our teachers plan their baby to arrive early in the new year. They might return to work for one day in June (last day of term) and are off on summer holidays until late August.

Tiffanny Twisted
03-14-2014, 05:49 PM
thanks ..on the tooth front I am hanging in. I am babying the temp it has to last for two weeks. It just feels strange and feels like I have something caught in my teeth but its the cement holding in the temp on top of my sore and chewed up gums.

I am bushed ..was carless today so I got a hop to the train station for the train ride home. Well it was packed and just took for ever....
And to boot someone gave me their seat. I said "oh your getting off soon ?" To which this person replied......"No its a senior citizen seat and that's what you are."
I think she was older than me :hilarious:
I said I was good but she insisted :hilarious:

Happy Friday to all thank God another week is over with

Houston Baby
03-14-2014, 05:52 PM
Wow! I have missed a lot! I will need to go back aways on this thread and catch up. Hope everyone is doing ok.
Rodeo is still going on in Houston. One more week! It is Keith Urban tonight. Looking forward to seeing him!
Have a great weekend everyone!!

Tiffanny Twisted
03-14-2014, 05:53 PM
oh I love keith urban

howd your don chilli go??

Houston Baby
03-14-2014, 06:34 PM
It came in 2nd place! :thumbsup:
But I think we were robbed! The judges were selected by the team that came in first and it was NOT a blind taste test. The judges knew which chili was from which team - LOL! They really liked our chili and they loved Soda's name for it. The name was the big hit plus I kept playing HT while they were judging. In fact I'm not sure whether it was the chili or the music they loved! :hilarious:

Tiffanny Twisted
03-14-2014, 07:09 PM
way to go girl .
I am prould of you:thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
03-14-2014, 07:19 PM
Brooke, the grandson looks so special!!

TT, sorry to hear about your dental issues. They are the worst.

Austin, please bring some of that great Florida weather up in this direction!! Have a good time.

HB, congrats on the 2nd place with the chili!

Not a lot going on here. Was extremely busy this week and will probably have to work most of the weekend. It seems that all my coworkers refer to me as Goldilocks. Still trying to decide how I feel about that!

WalshFan88
03-14-2014, 07:39 PM
TT - Get well soon!

HB - Congrats!!!!!! :)

VA - LOL!

Tiffanny Twisted
03-14-2014, 07:56 PM
he VA Im with Austin:hilarious:
you must have three bears in your office :hilarious:

thanks for the well wishes everyone.
My gum is getting better each day but it does throb at night and wake me up.

it is what it is and I cnat change it ..oh well on the better front when he is done I will only have two bottom teeth that have any fillings in them to go bad...I think (6 caps on the bottom total)
love my dentist .,hes crazy but...trys not to hurt me a peach of a guy have been using hime for 32 years...makes up for the crappy ones who carred for me as a child and drilled my teeth to death

Brooke
03-17-2014, 09:52 AM
HB, congrats on the chili win! Good job!

VA, I think Goldilocks is a great name! Very young sounding! :lol:

TT, hope the dental work eases up soon for you!

Got to babysit again Saturday night! Fun, fun, fun! Cutter is beginning to smile and coo and giggle! It really pleases him when he manages to get those noises out! Such a sweetie! :heart:

Tiffanny Twisted
03-17-2014, 07:14 PM
Oh brooke..enjoy your beautiful grandbaby.

DJ
03-19-2014, 01:13 PM
TT I sympathize. I have so much dental work to be done I don't know where to start. My whole mouth is just about all root canals and caps! I have a bridge I've had for 25 yrs needs replaced, yuck.. Anyway good luck. Well with the passing of my 12 yr old pup I thought life couldn't get too much worse but...Now my Mom is ill and I live 3 hours away and it's so extremely hard for me to get to her. So that has been my week trying to get her into a Dr. which seems to be a very hard task these days. She hasn't been to a Dr since 1999 and I'll tell yah they don't even want to set up appt's for you. The kicker is she has excellent insurance coverage! HA! They all want you to go to these immediate care places and then go from there. Otherwise they are 3-4 weeks out on appt's. I heard a rumor that if you have to go into the hospital and you don't have a primary care physician you are responsible for the total cost of the hospital. Insurance will not pay at all if you don't have a primary care Dr. admit you. Has anyone else heard that?
Well back to my new furbaby. Also listening to Randy sing Tryin' always help ease my anxiety....:soda:

WalshFan88
03-19-2014, 03:57 PM
DJ - hope your mom gets well soon!!!

----

Headed home today...

Tiffanny Twisted
03-19-2014, 06:26 PM
dj hope mom is better soon.

Yes I hate dental work ....I have a good dentist..just bad teeth. I am allergic to milk since I was born so I think that has something to do with it plus I had really bad dentists who drilled out your teeth ..bad dental care.
Then when I had my son they just started dying so I have a lot of root canals and caps. apparently the one being worked on now, was root canaled years ago but we filled the tooth what was left of it...that cracked in half so now it needs a cap. I got a screw in my jaw and next weds my new tooth should be ready..
cant wait..the temp is too big for my jaw line and rubs my cheek

Now for your momma.. never heard of that but Id find a pcp pronto so she can get help. You might have to stay with her a bit to get her the help she needs.

I know its hard and I feel for you more than you know. (been there done that)
Austin safe journey home dude.,

busy day at work...New gal starts on Monday
we are all looking forward to the celebration for my bosses first bday for her daughter ..we are all going so it will be fun and I will be with my godson Luke and his other godmomma CeCe so..looking forward to it big time.

WalshFan88
03-19-2014, 07:09 PM
Thanks TT.

Brooke
03-20-2014, 11:36 AM
TT, allergic to milk since you were a baby? How awful! What did they feed you?

Austin, get ready for a couple nice days then it's back to winter here for next week. You were supposed to bring the warm weather back with you. :fingerwag: :lol: Have a safe trip home!

Tiffanny Twisted
03-20-2014, 12:11 PM
Soy based milk product which is why I am allergic now to soy lol
It is what it is
But I am old so that was a long time ago

WalshFan88
03-20-2014, 11:32 PM
Austin, get ready for a couple nice days then it's back to winter here for next week. You were supposed to bring the warm weather back with you. :fingerwag: :lol: Have a safe trip home!

Isn't that the truth!

---

I'm home now... Finally relaxing a bit and hopefully going to bed soon.

Two days of 12 hour car rides is enough to do me in! Not to forget waking up at the crack of dawn! I'm NOT a morning person....I have a tendency to be a bit of a grouch for a bit when I'm woke up with little sleep. :hilarious:

Brooke
03-21-2014, 10:06 AM
Glad you're home safe and sound Austin! I wonder why just riding in the car makes you tired? It does me too! You'd think you would be all rested, but that's not the case. Stress I guess.

I'm home today babysitting for my perfect little man, so i won't be in much. Have a great day everyone!

WalshFan88
03-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Glad you're home safe and sound Austin! I wonder why just riding in the car makes you tired? It does me too! You'd think you would be all rested, but that's not the case. Stress I guess.

I don't know but it does! I can never sleep in a car or on a plane usually - too much going on. I just put in my earphones and listen to music but can never sleep. Too "busy" for me. You wouldn't think sitting in a car for 12 hours is exhausting but it is! :hilarious:

-

I'm feeling a lot better today - starting to come around and got my energy back from the road trip. Listening to vinyl right now.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Tiffanny Twisted
03-23-2014, 10:00 PM
Had a one year olds bday party today,my bosses daughter
A wholegang of us at work came and it was funny 16 trying to fit at a table for 6 to 19 but we managed .
Luke was there and baby lillian too
Had fun but I'm exhausted
The kids were fun
Glsd ur safe austin

Houston Baby
03-24-2014, 10:46 AM
Glad you're home safe and sound Austin AND feeling better!

Houston Baby
03-24-2014, 10:49 AM
I bet you were exhausted TT! Childrens' birthday parties are fun but crazy exhausting! :)

Brooke
03-26-2014, 01:45 PM
I'm missing my dear sweet Gramma today, her birthday. She's been gone over 18 years now and I just can't believe it's been that long. She was a hard working, sweet, kind, Christian woman and I know she's looking down from heaven on us all. I have so many fond memories of her and always looked forward to going to her house to visit or stay over night as a kid. Loved to watch her 'dress' a chicken! She would identify all the parts as she did it and then cook it for us for supper later! Never thought a thing about it back then! And I've never 'dressed' a chicken to this day! :hilarious: We would always walk around her yard and look at all of her flowers in the summer. Her roses were her pride and joy. Her favorite color was black. And she loved to hear the robins sing. Rest in peace Gramma.

irga
03-26-2014, 01:54 PM
I'm missing my dear sweet Gramma today, her birthday. She's been gone over 18 years now and I just can't believe it's been that long. She was a hard working, sweet, kind, Christian woman and I know she's looking down from heaven on us all. I have so many fond memories of her and always looked forward to going to her house to visit or stay over night as a kid. Loved to watch her 'dress' a chicken! She would identify all the parts as she did it and then cook it for us for supper later! Never thought a thing about it back then! And I've never 'dressed' a chicken to this day! :hilarious: We would always walk around her yard and look at all of her flowers in the summer. Her roses were her pride and joy. Her favorite color was black. And she loved to hear the robins sing. Rest in peace Gramma.

Beautiful tribute, Brooke. I can surely empathize with you. It's been almost 12 years since my Grandma passed away. The same feelings here. :hug:

VAisForEagleLovers
03-26-2014, 08:24 PM
I can relate, Brooke! I was listening to After Hours the other day and when listening to My Buddy, I remembered my Pappap singing it to me so long ago, which started a whole round of memories and thinking about how much I miss him. He died in 1985.

As for my life...tried out yet another new hairdresser today. I think this one might actually work out. When I met him, I thought, 'what I good looking guy'. As he put the color on, we talked, he's a big fan of music, and he follows ZZ Top nearly as much as I follow the Eagles. He's not married and not seeing anyone, so I'm thinking...'hmmm'?? Then he tells me, he's a musician. He plays drums and used to sing in a band. I made a promise to myself at least five times to never date another musician. I guess I could go for six. All that aside, he did a much better job than the hairdresser I went to before here in KY. I think next time, though, I'll ask to have a couple inches lopped off, since later this evening, my hair got stuck down inside the sleeve of my coat and I had a hard time getting it back out. I haven't been paying attention, really, and had no idea it had gotten so long.

I think the state of Kentucky is about to have a major civil war. Apparently, University of Kentucky plays Louisville in the NCAA tourney on Friday night, and these people here are insane over college basketball. I somehow got talked into going up to Louisville to watch the game in a bar. I'm not sure how this happened. It starts at 9:45, which is my bedtime. Drive nearly an hour, watch a game I don't care about, leave and drive home amongst a bunch of people who've been drinking and are all riled up, and get home around 2am. For a game I don't care about! The craziness must be rubbing off on me.

zeldabjr
03-26-2014, 08:52 PM
you're so lucky Brooke to have such fond memories of your Grandma...she sounds like wonderful lady...I've never 'dressed' a chicken either...not sure I even know what that means...lol...
I never stayed overnight with either of my Grandmas...I think my Mom's mom died when I was 16...and I remember her flower gardens were her pride and joy...and her baking...She would bake cinnamon rolls for each of her daughters' families every week and every Saturday night would deliver them...and all sorts of other goodies too!...But I was never close to her...

VA...Go for it with the hairdresser...just maybe have some fun...you never know...
yeah sounds to me like the craziness is wearing off!! but sounds like a lot of fun!

WalshFan88
03-26-2014, 10:01 PM
Brooke - Great tribute. :) RIP.

Brooke
03-27-2014, 09:29 AM
VA, sounds like your hairdresser could be interesting! You might battle about which bands to go see though! :lol:

And don't get too much cut off your hair. If you do it will never be that long again! I love long hair as long as it's stylish. I'm always going to grow mine out, but just never get there for some reason. It's never been as long as it was when I got married (nearly 40 years ago!). :lol:

Z, dressing a chicken is killing it, defeathering, gutting, and cutting up to cook! :shock: :lol:

VAisForEagleLovers
03-27-2014, 07:21 PM
VA, sounds like your hairdresser could be interesting! You might battle about which bands to go see though! :lol:

And don't get too much cut off your hair. If you do it will never be that long again! I love long hair as long as it's stylish. I'm always going to grow mine out, but just never get there for some reason. It's never been as long as it was when I got married (nearly 40 years ago!). :lol:

Z, dressing a chicken is killing it, defeathering, gutting, and cutting up to cook! :shock: :lol:

Two inches off will still keep it pretty long! I'm betting I could get two inches off and no one would even notice!

Yes, the dressing-a-chicken thing is rather disgusting. I much prefer going ot the grocery store and getting it all wrapped in plastic and Styrofoam. My paternal grandmother did this every Sunday without fail and I'm certain it has a lot to do with why I dislike chicken and detest the live creatures even more. My Dad has chickens, but they're layers, not fryers. Still annoying to sit in his yard and have them come peck at you.

zeldabjr
03-27-2014, 08:05 PM
oh wow...never knew that's what that is called...dressing a chicken...I think my paternal grandparents had chickens..but thankfully I don't remember ever being there when they "dressed a chicken"..lol

DJ
03-27-2014, 08:10 PM
I just got 4" cut off my hair yesterday and I still have lots of hair. I had it layered too and it finally looks normal again. When you can only pull it into a pony tail, it's time for a cut. It was 18" from crown to bottom, probably the longest it's been in many years.
I have to go to my Mom's tomorrow. She is very sick like I mentioned and I am dragging her to the Dr. She is a very stubborn woman, like me... But her best friend called me today and said she has to go asap. Her best friend just happens to be my ex-mother-in-law. Yah we come from a very small town. This lady never calls unless it's serious, so tomorrow I travel for 3 hours one way.
UGH :worried:

Houston Baby
03-27-2014, 08:29 PM
I hope it is not serious DJ. I will keep your mom in my prayers. Have a safe trip.

WalshFan88
03-27-2014, 09:00 PM
Sending good thoughts and wishes your way, DJ.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-27-2014, 09:06 PM
DJ, I'm glad you're going to go to her and get this checked into. Sorry you have to do it, though. I hope it all turns out OK. Will definitely keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers!

zeldabjr
03-27-2014, 09:21 PM
hope your Mom will be ok DJ...you're a wonderful daughter to do this...

Tiffanny Twisted
03-27-2014, 10:19 PM
Dj prayers for you and mom
Safe travels

EaglesKiwi
03-28-2014, 12:54 AM
I haven't been on The Border for a few weeks, have been going through the redundancy process at work. It's been a wee bit stressful but thankfully is all over, and I can start to unwind. :brickwall:

I have a lot of catching up to do on here, but in the meantime wish everyone health & happiness for yourselves and your loved ones. :)

zeldabjr
03-28-2014, 02:33 PM
Glad you can relax now EK...with some great music maybe?

Brooke
03-28-2014, 02:33 PM
EK, glad to have you back!

DJ, thoughts and prayers for you and your Mom. I hope everything turns out ok.

I know what you are going through too, as my Mom is 81 and has a lot of health issues. My sister and I try to help her, but she resists most of the time and doesn't want us along. Doesn't see the need. We had hoped she wouldn't pass her drivers test when the time came, but she informed us the other day that she passed. I've pretty much given up trying to 'help'. My older brother is upset that she's still driving, but what can you do when the state passes her? I guess she's just scared she is going to lose her independence and I can understand, but.......

I just got back from a dental check up and I'm good to go for another 6 months! :yay:

And I get to babysit my grandson tonight! :yay:

bluefeather
03-28-2014, 02:47 PM
I hope everything goes well DJ

nice to hear from you again EK:)

WalshFan88
03-28-2014, 07:33 PM
EK - Welcome back!

Glennsallnighter
03-29-2014, 06:56 AM
Hope everything goes well with your mom DJ. Safe travels.

Glad the chomps are ok for another while Brooke!

Welcome back EK! Hope you can relax a bit now.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-29-2014, 09:54 AM
Welcome back, EK! We've missed you!

I went out to watch the big basketball game last night. Good game, it came down to the last second. Louisville was ahead nearly the entire game, but Kentucky ended up winning. It was amazing to how crazy these people are. Granted, no one was waving towels, but the next time someone at work tells me Steeler fans are crazy and obnoxious will get smacked upside the head. It was different, since it was college, so many sitting at the same tables were cheering for different teams, and there were people who weren't speaking to the people they'd been sitting with by the end of the game.

I don't think I mentioned it before, my boss announced he's retiring. Next Friday is his last day. Since we are about to bid on a new contract, this isn't the best situation. Besides the job I already have that sucks 60 hours out of my week, I've had to deal with people from corporate asking questions, getting my input on plans, and looking over my shoulder. All I can say is that it really works out that our guys are taking some breaks and sticking with Europe for the rest of the spring and summer. I am going to be beyond busy for the next five months or so.

WalshFan88
03-29-2014, 07:20 PM
DJ - Prayers sent.

Glennsallnighter
03-31-2014, 12:04 PM
Oooh VA. Hope things work out ok at work. Sounds like you will be very busy being fabulous.

thelastresort
03-31-2014, 04:35 PM
Not read a lot of the above but as ever thoughts are with those of ya going through a rough time.

This isn't probably the best place to put this, but if the person behind the Randy Meisnettes account on YouTube is on here, I'd just like to say you're the most awesome person ever. That is all.

Glennsallnighter
04-01-2014, 05:37 AM
My son fell off his bicycle on the way to school yesterday. Just lost control of it and he did himself some bruising a split lip and some other superficial injuries. He's fine thank God. The helmet is in bits though. Makes me shudder to think what might have happened if he had not had the helmet on. Without being anal about it I would ask you all to say to the cyclists you know to wear their helmets. If everyone does it nobody will feel silly. I cannot see why it is not illegal not to wear one.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-01-2014, 06:23 AM
Well wishes for your son .

Brooke
04-01-2014, 12:21 PM
Ga, I'm so glad to hear your son is alright after his accident! And thank goodness he had the helmet on! We were just talking about this Sunday afternoon. My dnl said that her son would be wearing a helmet when he rode his bike and my son disagreed because he had never had to wear one and did all kinds of stunts on his bike and never got hurt. I know he was very lucky! How times change!

Today is our daughter's 36th birthday! Hopefully, she will have time to come home Sunday for a little celebration. She works 6 days a week, so she's a pretty busy girl! At least she lives just a couple hours away now!

Houston Baby
04-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Don't work too hard VA! Take a break with our guys ever once in a while!

Sure glad your son had his helmet on GA! Hope the wounds heal fast but I'm sure he is enjoying the battle scars. Little boys always seem to like showing off their scars. :)

Hope y'all have a great birthday celebration with your daughter, Brooke! :birthday:

GlennLover
04-01-2014, 02:00 PM
GA, yes, thank God he is alright!

Brooke, hope your daughter gets home to celebrate with you!

DJ
04-01-2014, 11:57 PM
Not read a lot of the above but as ever thoughts are with those of ya going through a rough time.

This isn't probably the best place to put this, but if the person behind the Randy Meisnettes account on YouTube is on here, I'd just like to say you're the most awesome person ever. That is all.

I agree about the Meisnettes person, loved having Randy in one place. :partytime:

DJ
04-02-2014, 12:01 AM
Well just got back from picking up my Mom. She did not bid so well at the Dr's.
So I brought her to be with me until we get this all figured out. I'll tell you one thing I have learned that you really have to be an organized person when dealing with Dr's. So much to remember and do. Then you have to be patient and understanding for the patient and be able to hold your tongue when it comes to the Dr! I can just say, wouldn't send my dog to the one we saw yesterday!

zeldabjr
04-02-2014, 12:08 AM
GA...so glad your son is not badly hurt...and that you're a good mom to make him wear a helmet...I see a lot of kids riding around on bikes without helmets...
Brooke...hope your daughter gets home this Sunday to celebrate!
DJ...sorry about the doctor...there are a lot of not so good ones around...Does your mom like the one she went to?

Tiffanny Twisted
04-02-2014, 06:50 AM
So I brought her to be with me until we get this all figured out. I'll tell you one thing I have learned that you really have to be an organized person when dealing with Dr's. So much to remember and do. Then you have to be patient and understanding for the patient and be able to hold your tongue when it comes to the Dr! I can just say, wouldn't send my dog to the one we saw yesterday!
so...you go to another one and don't settle for less

irga
04-02-2014, 06:59 AM
so...you go to another one and don't settle for less
:thumbsup:
That's the only way! Totally agree!

Brooke
04-02-2014, 03:10 PM

Ain't that the truth, DJ?! Good luck to you both!

WalshFan88
04-02-2014, 05:06 PM
GA - Glad he is ok!

DJ - As someone who has been to more doctors than he can count, all I can say is you can't settle and you don't owe them anything. I've left one doctor's office with flames coming out of my ears and nostrils and walked out mid-appointment cursing like a sailor under my breath. You don't owe them anything and if they aren't good, no need to stick with them. Some doctors have 0 bedside manner and a lot of them just don't care. Good luck with finding the right doc. :)

Tiffanny Twisted
04-02-2014, 08:31 PM
ok so why don't you guys like start a thread for it all by itself?
You are discussing a topic that might no longer fit in this topic thread.
Just a suggestion.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-02-2014, 08:58 PM
didn't ruffle any feathers here.
Just saying since you seem to be getting a lot of response it should have its own thread.
jmo

Freypower
04-02-2014, 09:24 PM
I would have thought it would have been more appropriate to comment on the YouTube account itself.

thelastresort
04-02-2014, 09:27 PM
Yeah, it was just meant more as a passing comment, don't really mind either way though.

Well The Last Resort did say she was not sure...

Wrong pronoun you got there ;)

thelastresort
04-02-2014, 09:31 PM
I would have thought it would have been more appropriate to comment on the YouTube account itself.

I thought with there being such a strong Randy cohort on here the uploader indeed be on here (it sounds like they were); or it would bring to the attention of others Eagles fans an entirely new channel that does cover quite a considerable span of their original run. Needless to say thanks were expressed on YouTube too. My apologies if my good intentions somehow bother you.

Freypower
04-02-2014, 09:35 PM
As was previously stated it went off topic which is why it was suggested that if it needed to be discussed here that it be done so in a more appropriate forum/topic.

This one, in fact.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182

thelastresort
04-02-2014, 09:45 PM
You seemed to imply in your previous post that I shouldn't have bothered at all. I'd also argue it's more of a general Eagles channel since in some 20-30 videos there's only two actual Randy-dedicated ones, despite what impression the channel name and thumbnails give you. Anyway, never mind; I just won't bother in future if one simple post misplacement is going to cause such uproar.

Freypower
04-02-2014, 09:46 PM
You seemed to imply in your previous post that I shouldn't have bothered at all. I'd also argue it's more of a general Eagles channel since in some 20-30 videos there's only two actual Randy-dedicated ones, despite what impression the channel name and thumbnails give you. Anyway, never mind; I just won't bother in future if one simple post misplacement is going to cause such uproar.

I did not say that you should not have bothered. I said that perhaps YouTube itself was the place to comment. I have now expanded on that. I have changed the link to the Eagles related video thread.

Also you seem to have missed that it was Tiffany Twisted who raised the issue of going off topic. I was attempting to support her as a moderator.

4. Post in the appropriate forums and threads. We encourage good discussion, but before starting a new topic, it is a good idea to check the board to see if there is already an existing thread about your topic. The admin or mods reserve the right to merge threads when duplicates appear to keep it easy to find things.

5. Stay on topic when posting in a thread. While threads can easily stray off topic, if you find there are many posts about another topic than the one the thread is initially about, start a new thread for the other topic. It's disappointing for a thread starter to see that his/her subject is not getting discussed in the thread he/she made for it, and frustrating for people who may be interested in the thread topic, but not the off-topic comments. The admin or mods reserve the right to move posts that are not on-topic into more appropriate threads.

This topic is called What's Happening In Your Life? It would be appreciated if it could return to that.

timfan
04-02-2014, 09:58 PM
My nephew in the last few weeks turned 1 year old!! It's amazing how fast the time has gone. He is already walking, is HUGE (25 pounds), loves to play to the camera and has shown the determination and stubbornness that is a classic from our family.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-02-2014, 10:21 PM
To get this back on topic...good grief...what's happening in my life is...this will shock everyone...more work. Like the movie The Perfect Storm where a bunch of smaller things come together and create one big mess, this is how my job is going. Already working 55 to 60 hours per week, I knew I'd need to work a little more since the boss is leaving. Then the Request for Proposal came out and that's going to require another ten hours a week at least. The good news is that I won't have time to spend money or eat, so I should have a fat bank account and a skinnier me. I'm trying to be optimistic. I'm surely wishing I'd done my taxes before now...

DJ, a friend once reminded me...half the doctors out there graduated in the bottom half of their class. There are good doctors who don't tell you what you want to hear, and in the long run they are probably the best. If you read back through this thread, or the one before it, you'll see that a supposed top ten cardiologist in the country screwed my Dad over royally, and I still get pretty upset about it. Even the good doctors can get caught resting on their laurels and just not thinking when they should.

sodascouts
04-02-2014, 10:42 PM
DJ - I agree with what everyone else has been saying about doctors. I know you and your mom must be going through a very scary time, and I wish you all the best in finding a doctor who is right for you.

TF - Oh my gosh, has it been a year. Wild! Time really does fly! I bet he loves his auntie. ;)

VA - so sorry to hear about all your work stress. I hope things get a little better despite all the work... take care of yourself!

DJ
04-03-2014, 12:52 AM
Things are going better in my household. Mom is more calm now since we probably won't see an Oncologist until next week giving us some breathing room.
My puppy of 12 weeks is a blessing,so smart and already potty trained. :thumbsup:
I'll make it through all of this with grace and dignity for my Mom.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-03-2014, 06:39 AM
Thanks all ;:grouphug:

Prayers today please...
I have two friends whose moms are very very sick.
Ones Mom suddenly is in hospice
the other has been struggling .. medical issues and
These two strong women and their families need all the prayers they can get.
You guys are awful powerful when you set your minds to things and you all do "prayers for those who need it devinley"
thanks

Brooke
04-03-2014, 01:19 PM
TT, prayers for your friends Moms.

Tf, can't believe it's been a whole year! Don't you just love babies?!

VA, hang in there with all the work! Hopefully it will calm down for you soon!

I'm taking off work tomorrow and Monday to, guess what, babysit my grandson! His regular sitter is taking off for a long weekend and Grammy is glad! He's such a joy! :lol:

bluefeather
04-03-2014, 01:27 PM
congrats to your nephew TF:birthday:

hang in there VA, all good thoughts to give you strenght

VAisForEagleLovers
04-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Thanks, all!

TF, I missed your post. Really? A year? It doesn't seem possible.

Work...let two more subcontractors go in the last two weeks. At least I was the one who had to make the decisions for these. I've been so snowed up, I haven't had time to make the decisions, so others on the team made the decisions, including the subcontractor company. Why is it so hard to get people to work eight hours a day and meet their schedules?

WalshFan88
04-04-2014, 02:29 PM
TT - Prayers sent.

VA - Hope everything gets better soon....

Tiffanny Twisted
04-04-2014, 07:05 PM
Va -people wanna get paid but not do the work . Plain and simple, Short and sweet. I'm here now pay me lol

Thanks everyone for the prayers for my two friends and their moms who are ill.
:grouphug:

I am so happy that it is Fri nite,,,, a very long week for me.\

sodascouts
04-04-2014, 08:46 PM
Thanks all ;:grouphug:

Prayers today please...
I have two friends whose moms are very very sick.
Ones Mom suddenly is in hospice
the other has been struggling .. medical issues and
These two strong women and their families need all the prayers they can get.
You guys are awful powerful when you set your minds to things and you all do "prayers for those who need it devinley"
thanks

Prayers sent!

DJ
04-07-2014, 05:25 PM
Brooke you're so lucky to babysit your grandbaby. Hopefully my kids will someday have atleast 1 or 2!

Just hanging out at home taking care of my Mom. We have a Dr. appt this Thursday I sure we find something out concrete. I am not very patient at waiting. :dizzy:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-09-2014, 11:11 PM
The stabbing at Franklin Middle School near Murrysville, PA is very sobering for me. Franklin is a neighboring school district to the one my nephews go to. My sister said that most of the kids that go to their church go to Franklin, and while she didn't think any had been injured, many had been witnesses. They had a special service at 7pm.

After the shooting at Ft. Hood last week, we've all been strongly talked to about what to do in such an event here.

You just never know when you leave your house in the morning what might happen before you get back home...

zeldabjr
04-10-2014, 02:39 AM
The stabbing at Franklin Middle School near Murrysville, PA is very sobering for me. Franklin is a neighboring school district to the one my nephews go to. My sister said that most of the kids that go to their church go to Franklin, and while she didn't think any had been injured, many had been witnesses. They had a special service at 7pm.

After the shooting at Ft. Hood last week, we've all been strongly talked to about what to do in such an event here.

You just never know when you leave your house in the morning what might happen before you get back home...

I thought of you when I heard this VA...am praying for all involved...

WalshFan88
04-10-2014, 04:24 PM
VA - Very sad. Prayers sent to those involved.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-10-2014, 06:48 PM
Prayers for all who need them and all who think they don't
Prayers are blessings

DJ
04-10-2014, 07:22 PM
Took my Mom to Oncologist today. So now we wait for a Biopsy. Thank goodness this Dr. is wonderful, young and very good sense of humor. Total difference from the first Dr.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-10-2014, 07:28 PM
oh dj
so happy this one is better suited to you
prayers for you and mom and fingers and toes crossed for good outcome

WalshFan88
04-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Glad to hear she's got a better doctor now. Prayers sent for good results.

zeldabjr
04-10-2014, 09:48 PM
oh DJ...glad today went well with the new doc...will keep your Mom in my prayers...

Brooke
04-11-2014, 01:07 PM
DJ, glad to hear you like the doctor and many prayers that all turns out ok.

I will have a busy weekend again. Tomorrow one of our nieces is getting married and we will be traveling a couple hours each way for it. She is going to have a beautiful day as it's supposed to be 80 here and since we are going south it could be even warmer there! Lucky girl for a wedding in April!

I also have to divide some day lilies in the morning before we go so we can take a couple to our daughter. What a messy job, but they are worth it to have them in your garden. Maybe I should do that tonight.....

VAisForEagleLovers
04-11-2014, 09:03 PM
DJ, glad it went well!

Brooke, have fun at the wedding!

I looked for a place to put this in the Eagles thread, but couldn't really find a place. It wasn't that I heard their songs unexpectedly, I was playing the CD, and I'm not that senile (yet). Yesterday on the way to work (this was unexpected), SiriusXM played OOTN on Classic Vinyl, and when it was over I turned it to Classic Rewind and New Kid in Town was on. When it was over, played a CD and when I got to the guard gate, I had it turned up and was chair dancing to Already Gone. The guy checking ID was in his early twenties and gave me that indulgent look, like "it's so cute when old people crank up their radios and rock out".

Today as I went through the guard gate, the guard was closer to my age, and the intro to HC was playing. As I pulled away and started to put my window up, I heard him singing, "On a dark desert highway". Made me smile.

sad-cafe
04-11-2014, 11:46 PM
I need prayers.

My remicade/chemo treatments are not succeeding. I have to start having them monthly on a trial basis. This means a port fore ease of IV access because my veins are not recovering. This summer I have to have a pretty invasive procedure to see if I am becoming immune to the chemo. If I am, then we change to a once weekly injectable. Other than the fear injecting myself, I admit the appeal of medicating myself at home and not have to sit in a room with 5-9 other people is strong.

the over all worry however, is my age. I am 48 and have been on Remicade 5 years. It is supposed to be a miracle drug and while I have had a better quality of life since I started I seriously really only got about a month of "decent" days .

I wish they could just go cut it out and could be done with all of this.

MaryCalifornia
04-12-2014, 12:37 AM
Oh my Timothy-loving-sister-in-arms, you have my most fervent prayers, good wishes, thoughts, energy, etc...coming your way. Here's to many more than decent days ahead for you, from the comfort of your own home. :grouphug: SC:grouphug:

tjh532
04-12-2014, 01:18 AM
DJ-Isn't it amazing what the right doctor can do? I'm glad you found one you and your mom can feel comfortable with. That makes a huge difference.

SC- Lots of prayers and positive thoughts coming your way. I'm so sorry that your treatments aren't doing what you had hoped. I pray that you will find a treatment that will help you get better. Life is stressful enough without also having health worries. Hang in there and we will keep you in our prayers.

WalshFan88
04-12-2014, 01:24 AM
SC - Prayers sent.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-12-2014, 07:26 AM
SC - Definitely praying for you and your doctors.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-12-2014, 07:53 AM
Hang in there sc prayers prayers prayers

bluefeather
04-12-2014, 02:43 PM
I prayed for you SC, all my good thoughts and wishes for you

very nice incident VA

nice to here good news DJ, I hope for a good outcome

Glennsallnighter
04-12-2014, 06:17 PM
Glad you have found a good doctor DJ

S-C, I hope everything works out ok for you. Of course I will pray for you and for a successful outcome.

VA! Cool experience!

I'm on Easter Holidays at last - it's been a long term this year.

Houston Baby
04-12-2014, 11:27 PM
DJ - I am keeping your mom and you in my prayers. I am so glad that this doctor is a better caregiver.

S-C - Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent for you. Some miracles take longer than others but you have many many people here praying for you. :grouphug:

Houston Baby
04-12-2014, 11:28 PM
Enjoy your holiday GA!!

zeldabjr
04-13-2014, 12:49 AM
Oh my Timothy-loving-sister-in-arms, you have my most fervent prayers, good wishes, thoughts, energy, etc...coming your way. Here's to many more than decent days ahead for you, from the comfort of your own home. :grouphug: SC:grouphug:

SC...MC expresses my feeling exactly...:grouphug:

irga
04-13-2014, 06:11 PM
SC! Prayers in English and Polish sent! Hang in there! :hug:

SallyGee
04-13-2014, 09:18 PM
SC Prayers sent for you. Try to think positively. Miracles do happen.
DJ praying for your mom. So happy you found a good doctor.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-13-2014, 10:14 PM
Just spent most of the weekend doing my taxes. Ugh! My head feels like it's going to explode. Selling a house, moving and only having the company pay for half the allowable expenses, living in two states, it was all a lot more complicated than other years. The good news is that I get money back, more than last year. The last two years I've spent my refunds on tickets to see our guys. If they'd announce more shows, I could do the same this year!

sodascouts
04-14-2014, 01:26 AM
I need prayers.

My remicade/chemo treatments are not succeeding. I have to start having them monthly on a trial basis. This means a port fore ease of IV access because my veins are not recovering. This summer I have to have a pretty invasive procedure to see if I am becoming immune to the chemo. If I am, then we change to a once weekly injectable. Other than the fear injecting myself, I admit the appeal of medicating myself at home and not have to sit in a room with 5-9 other people is strong.

the over all worry however, is my age. I am 48 and have been on Remicade 5 years. It is supposed to be a miracle drug and while I have had a better quality of life since I started I seriously really only got about a month of "decent" days .

I wish they could just go cut it out and could be done with all of this.

So sorry to hear it! You're in my prayers, sweetie.

Brooke
04-14-2014, 10:28 AM
VA, that was a cool Eagles experience for you!

s-c, thoughts and prayers for you that a miracle will happen. Like HB said, some take longer than others.

We had a wonderful time at our nieces wedding. She had a perfect 80 degree, sunny day! So lucky because it tried to rain most of the day yesterday!

Tiffanny Twisted
04-14-2014, 05:43 PM
brooke glad you had a great wedding expierence.

I am sad. My friends mom died yesterday.
While I am greatful she didn't suffer or linger, I am broken hearted for her just having gone through the exact same expierence a few short months back with my own family member.
brings up lots of sadness over like losing my own all over again.
so broken hearted for my friend.

WalshFan88
04-14-2014, 06:25 PM
VA - very cool!

Brooke - Good to hear!

TT - So sorry to hear that. :( Take care.

-----

Just got scheduled for a thyroid ultrasound on Friday morning. I saw my specialist last week and while I'm feeling better, he was concerned about a possible nodule on my thyroid so they are going to do an ultrasound to see what it is and make sure it's nothing serious. He said he couldn't tell if it was muscle or cartilage or if it was a nodule. However, the area in question was sore when he did the exam so it's making me a little nervous. A little worried but feeling like it's probably nothing. Fingers crossed. It was just part of his exam, it doesn't bother me unless it's pressed on so it's not like I went in there with a problem.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-14-2014, 08:51 PM
Will be thinking about you and praying for you, WF...

sodascouts
04-14-2014, 10:35 PM
WF - you're in my prayers as well.

TT - so sorry to hear about your loss.

Brooke - glad things went well!

Tiffanny Twisted
04-14-2014, 10:45 PM
Austin
it will be ok.
stay positive my friend

well the good news is my son got his diplomia from DePaul by fedex today Yeah I am so proud of him he got his masters degree in applied economics

to me he is such a gift
thanks for the prayers and thoughts Austin and nancy.
im struggling

In other news, my friend whose son was killed last year by the drunk diver...well he pleaded guilty today but will only serve 3 years. This is 7th dui arrest.
Greatful the don't have to go through a trial. sad at the injustice thather 24 year old son is gone. stolen from his family.

prayfordaylight
04-15-2014, 08:48 AM
Thoughts and prayers for all that need them.

bluefeather
04-15-2014, 09:45 AM
I feel for you TT:hug:

you have my good wishes and thoughts Austin

Brooke
04-15-2014, 10:20 AM
TT, I'm sorry to hear of your friend's mother's passing. Thoughts and prayers for you.

Congrats to your son also.

WF, thoughts and prayers for you too.

Houston Baby
04-15-2014, 12:56 PM
TT - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's mom. I know it is heartbreaking for you going thru this again but I also know that you will be strong for your friend and help her thru this. That is just the type of friend you are. I will keep all of you in my prayers. :grouphug:

Houston Baby
04-15-2014, 01:00 PM
In other news, my friend whose son was killed last year by the drunk diver...well he pleaded guilty today but will only serve 3 years. This is 7th dui arrest.
Greatful the don't have to go through a trial. sad at the injustice thather 24 year old son is gone. stolen from his family.

7th time and he only gets 3 years. I'm so sorry for your friend's family and the injustice that was served. I pray that they can forgive.

Houston Baby
04-15-2014, 01:01 PM
Austin ~ You're in my prayers. We will be with you in spirit Friday morning. Keep the music playing in your mind. :grouphug:

tjh532
04-15-2014, 06:38 PM
Austin
it will be ok.
stay positive my friend

well the good news is my son got his diplomia from DePaul by fedex today Yeah I am so proud of him he got his masters degree in applied economics

to me he is such a gift
thanks for the prayers and thoughts Austin and nancy.
im struggling

Congrats on your son! My daughter just graduated last spring at the top of her class. It's a great feeling when your children do well. And DePaul is a great University!

The story about the drunk driver is outrageous! How did he even still have a license? A lady I know lost her husband and baby boy to a drunk driver. It's so awful because it's preventable - what a waste.

Austin - hang in there - all will be well :)

DJ
04-15-2014, 10:43 PM
SC- MY BLESSINGS AND PRAYERS TO YOU. I HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT!
TT-SO SORRY TO HERE ABOUT YOUR FRIEND'S MOM. PRAYERS TO ALL.
AUSTIN-HANG IN THERE. BLESSINGS

Glennsallnighter
04-16-2014, 03:10 AM
TT, I'm sorry for your friends Moms passing. May she Rest in Peace. I'm sorry too about the lenient sentence for that guy. IMHO it's a disgrace. I never drive even after drinking. It's just not worth the trouble it can cause. It's also illegal.

But also congrats to your Son! He's done you proud!

Austin! Good luck on Friday. I hope all goes well.

We have some very sad news in my work community.
It's Easter holidays time and one of our 6th year (final year) students went swimming in the local reservoir with his friends. He got into difficulties and drowned. He was a lovely boy taking honours subjects for his Leaving cert and never caused a days trouble in the school. I teach / taught him biology and knew him well. To compound matters his mother was with his stepdad in the hospital while he is being treated for cancer. She left her other younger son with his aunt and he fell and broke his collarbone.
So all three family members are in Tallaght Hospital.

Please say a prayer for Shane Boggans RIP and for his family. He would have been 17 next week.

zeldabjr
04-16-2014, 04:02 AM
saying prayers for all in need...so much sorrow in the world...

Houston Baby
04-16-2014, 08:01 AM
I am so sorry GA to hear of y'alls loss. I will keep him and his family in my prayers. So sad.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-16-2014, 09:13 AM
gan- prayer sent. I know how you feel. When I worked in the high school (9 years) we lost a boy ...very kind hearted soul ..go getter....4.0 student with a full scholarship for college...
He was diabetic...he took a really hard ap final came home never ate lunch and .
He went upstairs to take a nap....while he slept his sugar dipped to low and he died. His little brother found him when he went to get him for dinner.
It broke my heart that this child was gone.....took me a long time to get over it....at the funeral..the preist said (paraphrasing here) everybodys time here on earth is different and we all accomplish great things hopefully while we are her on earth...Kevin accomplished so many things in his life . for us it was too short a life but for God, it was kevins time..he accomplished what he was sent here to do and God said...time to cross the street and come home to me my child.
It helped me heal in time cause he indeed had touched many many people .
The funny thing was, the last time I had seen him , he thanked me for all the help I had given him making things easier for him( They always ordered cast shirts for the kids in the play..I helped with the design(with no pay)and made it easy for the kids to drop off their orders at the school store with me . when the orders came in I separated them so everyone got their correct order not a free for all with people grabbing out of the box what they could get hands on) we did this for cast shirts twice a year and basketball champion ship shirts as well. I was susposta be gone for the holiday and had to come back to do a rush book order for the next semester. While waiting for the teacher Kevin ran in to me and thats when he thanked me and told me how much he appreciated all I did for him.
Two days later, he died. Turns out he did the same thing to two other teachers that day as well ...telling people what they ment to him before he left for spring break.
It took time but I finally accepted in my faith that it "was his time" and he had accomplished in a shorter time span all he was to accomplish here on earth.
Again I am so sorry for the loss of your student.
Prayers Prayers Prayers.
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Brooke
04-16-2014, 09:40 AM
Ga, I'm so sorry to hear of your student's death. How tragic. Thoughts and prayers for you and his family.

bluefeather
04-16-2014, 12:53 PM
I'm SO sorry GA and TT, sad that many Borderers have had big troubles and sorrows in their lives fairly recently:grouphug:to everybody who need it

WalshFan88
04-16-2014, 04:50 PM
GA - So sorry to hear about that. Prayers sent to you and the family.

sodascouts
04-16-2014, 06:34 PM
So awful, GA! Prayers for his poor family.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-16-2014, 08:44 PM
TT, sorry to hear about the injustice done to your friend. Three years is paltry in my opinion.

GA, sorry to hear about the boy drowning, such a shame.

I don't know for sure, but the way the wind is blowing, it seems like I'll probably be laid off on 9/15. I could probably get hired by someone else here easily enough, and I have other options, but it's still a bit sobering. Those that work for me won't have as many options, and I do worry, a lot about them. Prayers for them would be appreciated.

In the short term, I'm driving to PA tomorrow night for Easter weekend. Looking forward to seeing the family!

sodascouts
04-16-2014, 10:02 PM
Oh no! Best of luck finding a new position. Prayers for you and your co-workers, VA!

tjh532
04-16-2014, 10:27 PM
VA - prayers for you and those who work for you - what a tough time to be laid off.

GA - I'm so sorry about your student. We get so attached to them, like they were our own kids. That is devastating - I'll keep you in my prayers as well.

Houston Baby
04-16-2014, 10:49 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your work situation VA. I will say prayers for you and your employees. Hopefully the layoffs will not come to fruition.

At this time have a safe trip and enjoy the time with your family!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-17-2014, 08:03 AM
The contract we have expires in September, and it doesn't feel like getting it renewed will go our way. Very likely, I'll be offered a job by the new company, but for right now, it's a wait-and-see game.

Brooke
04-17-2014, 10:28 AM
VA, what a bummer! Especially since you just relocated for this job! Hopefully, it will work out for you.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-19-2014, 11:31 PM
I'm exhausted!!!! My sister made me help her build a shed today. She didn't even get a kit...just a load of 2x4's. We got the two hardest walls done. Now I'm tired and sunburnt and more than ready for bed!

Houston Baby
04-20-2014, 01:09 AM
I hope you get some rest and enjoy Easter VA.

I know how handy you are regarding home maintenance/repair, so does your family keep a "to do" list for when you come home? I know if I was your sister I would! :laugh:

WalshFan88
04-20-2014, 03:38 AM
VA - Sorry to hear about your work. Also, take it easy from the shed stuff!

----

Well my thyroid ultrasound went fine last Friday - although it was the most uncomfortable because my neck had to be arched back with no pillow and it gave me a horrible neckache but all in all it was ok. I should know the results tomorrow (Monday).

I leave for Ohio on Wednesday evening to go visit my grandma (dad's mom) and will be getting home Friday evening, then Saturday playing a show with my band which should be fun!

Happy Easter everyone!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-20-2014, 09:00 AM
Have fun, Austin!

HB, my sister always helped me with a lot of stuff, so it was fair,I guess. Yes, my mother always has a list of things for me to do!

Tiffanny Twisted
04-20-2014, 04:21 PM
Austin continued prayers and Va good worker bees are hard to find.
its a beautiful day in the neighborhood folks happy easter to all:grouphug:

bluefeather
04-20-2014, 04:23 PM
have a good one Austin

get some rest and enjoy VA

Happy Easter

Glennsallnighter
04-21-2014, 05:28 AM
Glad the ultrasound was ok for you Austin. Hope the results come out good.

VA hope your work situation pans out well in September. Take some rest over Easter - you've been working so hard!

Brooke
04-21-2014, 03:14 PM
I'm exhausted!!!! My sister made me help her build a shed today. She didn't even get a kit...just a load of 2x4's. We got the two hardest walls done. Now I'm tired and sunburnt and more than ready for bed!

I'd love to see a picture of this! She 'made' you? You go girl! lol

VAisForEagleLovers
04-21-2014, 09:06 PM
I'd love to see a picture of this! She 'made' you? You go girl! lol

We got two walls done, and I do have pictures. We did it the "Amish" way, build a wall on the ground, then raise it. She knows what buttons to push, and she pushed them several times! Still, I'm glad I did help, while she did build her kids a treehouse years ago, most of her hobbies have been building furniture and cabinets. I'm the one that's designed and built structures like sheds, decks, etc. She had most of it figured out, but I was a help in more than just slave labor.

zeldabjr
04-21-2014, 09:37 PM
wow VA...you and your sister are handy girls to have around!!!

Prayers for all in need...

Austin...prayers that the ultrasound is ok...and have a great trip...safe travels!!

tjh532
04-21-2014, 10:19 PM
Wow VA! I'm impressed! I have trouble putting together IKEA furniture :laugh:

Austin -here's hoping that the results are good on your ultrasound.

WalshFan88
04-22-2014, 03:50 PM
Just got the call - ultrasound showed no signs of nodules (tumors)!!!! Yay.. Now I can relax and get ready to leave tomorrow night (night trip!) for Ohio... The radiologist said what he probably was feeling was cricothyroid(sp?) cartilage that was larger than it's supposed to be but harmless nonetheless. Not a goiter either - I asked.

tequila girl
04-22-2014, 04:38 PM
That's good news - I'll bet you're relieved!:thumbsup:

Brooke
04-22-2014, 04:49 PM
Great news, WF! :yay:

bluefeather
04-22-2014, 05:00 PM
Great Austin !:hug:

Tiffanny Twisted
04-22-2014, 06:29 PM
great news austin:headbang:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-22-2014, 07:48 PM
Great news, Austin!!! Have fun in Ohio!

tjh532
04-22-2014, 08:43 PM
Yeah Walsh Fan! Great news!
Knock 'em dead at your gig

:headbang:

Houston Baby
04-22-2014, 08:55 PM
Great news Austin! Now have a safe trip and have lots of FUN! You deserve it buddy! :rockguitar:

WalshFan88
04-22-2014, 09:32 PM
Thanks everyone!

Just finished packing other than my computer and will do that as I head out the door tomorrow night.

Houston Baby
04-23-2014, 08:23 AM
I'm curious, do you take only 1 guitar Austin?

WalshFan88
04-23-2014, 09:31 AM
I'm curious, do you take only 1 guitar Austin?

On vacation? Yep....

If you meant what I take to a show - it's usually 3 or so to get different sounds. :)

Koala
04-23-2014, 10:02 AM
Hi guys:grouphug:

I would have liked more time for the Border, I miss you and all the Eagles stuff!

I can not read everything now! hope everything is ok with you guys and you are doing well!if not, I hope it goes fast better!

Prettymaid
04-23-2014, 10:11 AM
Hi guys:grouphug:

I would have liked more time for the Border, I miss you and all the Eagles stuff!

I can not read everything now! hope everything is ok with you guys and you are doing well!if not, I hope it goes fast better!

Koala!!! It's so good to hear from you! I've been gone for awhile too!

Houston Baby
04-23-2014, 10:13 AM
We've missed you too Koala! :grouphug:

Tiffanny Twisted
04-23-2014, 10:14 AM
:grouphug: welcome back

Brooke
04-23-2014, 10:22 AM
WF, have fun in Ohio!

Koala, long time no see! Welcome back!

Glennsallnighter
04-23-2014, 02:43 PM
Great news Austin glad you are ok! Enjoy Ohio.

WalshFan88
04-23-2014, 03:06 PM
Thanks everyone!

Welcome back Koala!!

DJ
04-23-2014, 04:30 PM
Welcome Back everyone!! :razz:

Freypower
04-23-2014, 06:22 PM
Hi Koala, nice to see you again! :headbang:

sad-cafe
04-23-2014, 09:26 PM
our "wonderful" Kansas Gov. Signed away teacher's due process on Monday. Today he is trying to sign away people's right to health coverage.

tjh532
04-23-2014, 10:36 PM
SC - do you have an active teacher's union in your state? I'm not typically a union person ( I am pretty conservative), but I will always be a member of our union. Right now we are dealing with a colleague of ours who was falsely accused by a student of doing something inappropriate, and if it wasn't for the union and the union atty, the district would have already gotten rid of him. Guilty until proven innocent anymore.
Our union had to really fight for our rights this past year when it came time to sign our contracts. I understand that there are some unions that are underhanded, and some union leaders that are only out for themselves. But they are there to protect workers, and I hate to see Governors try to undercut them and what they were designed for.

sad-cafe
04-23-2014, 10:54 PM
we are pretty strong locally but we lack numbers in individual buidings. Mostly younger idealistic ones that do not think they will ever need the union. One is sucking up to admin big time. It is all fine and dandy while she has this principal but things change often. I couldn't risk it. She is young and cocky.

sad-cafe
04-23-2014, 11:15 PM
OMG

Just found out that hubby just booked us a cruise to the Western Caribbean next March. Our 25 wedding anniversary is Nov 11 and since I am a teacher we go during spring break.

Oasis of the Seas Royal Caribbean. I can NOT WAIT I love this man more every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=OA&shipCode=OA&br=R&wuc=USA

irga
04-24-2014, 07:58 AM
OMG

Just found out that hubby just booked us a cruise to the Western Caribbean next March. Our 25 wedding anniversary is Nov 11 and since I am a teacher we go during spring break.

Oasis of the Seas Royal Caribbean. I can NOT WAIT I love this man more every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=OA&shipCode=OA&br=R&wuc=USA

So happy for you, sad-cafe! :grin::yay:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-24-2014, 08:08 AM
yay, SC!! Good for you and hubby!

Brooke
04-24-2014, 10:19 AM
s-c, that is awesome! What a good hubby! I need to have him talk to mine! :lol:

tjh532
04-24-2014, 06:53 PM
Congrats SC! You could use some good news ;) You deserve to have a wonderful time!

Glennsallnighter
04-24-2014, 08:08 PM
That's wonderful S-C! I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

We all have to be in one or other of the two teachers unions. I'm not militant either but I am glad to know that I have the protection of a union should I ever need it.

Houston Baby
04-24-2014, 08:25 PM
That's wonderful S-C!! The weather should be gorgeous at that time. So much fun and outstanding food!

Grey Sadler
04-24-2014, 08:47 PM
Hey Koala! :wave:

YAY S-C!!!! :thumbsup:
(but pleeeease don't get me started on educational policy in Tennessee :yuck: :lol:)

zeldabjr
04-25-2014, 12:38 AM
oh what exciting news SC...something so wonderful to look forward to!!!

WalshFan88
04-25-2014, 01:42 AM
Congrats SC.

sodascouts
04-25-2014, 08:23 PM
Have fun, S-C!

bluefeather
04-26-2014, 06:14 PM
the best of time to you SC:)

Tiffanny Twisted
04-26-2014, 07:01 PM
t
yeah sc

DJ
04-28-2014, 02:36 PM
Oh you will have so much fun SC. Happy for you. I've never seen the ocean and my hubby (old grumpy pants) won't go because he was in the Navy and saw too much of it!!

Brooke
04-28-2014, 03:56 PM
DJ, too funny! And you have a cool sig! Did you see Linda (and the guys) back then? That would have been so cool!

Midnight_Flyer
04-28-2014, 04:34 PM
had one of the best nights ever last night, i saw Jeff Dunham :D he was fantastic!!!

Tiffanny Twisted
04-28-2014, 07:01 PM
dj sounds like a gf kinda trip then ..lol one of the gals at work is going with her cousins and friends no hubbys to new Orleans next week

DJ
04-28-2014, 07:43 PM
DJ, too funny! And you have a cool sig! Did you see Linda (and the guys) back then? That would have been so cool!

I could only wish I had. I lived in a small town and not much news about Big concerts....Hahahaha

sodascouts
04-28-2014, 10:03 PM
had one of the best nights ever last night, i saw Jeff Dunham :D he was fantastic!!!

Cool! :)

prayfordaylight
04-29-2014, 09:44 AM
OMG

Late to the party but AWESOME SC! I went on Oasis last year and loved it. Would be happy to send you some tips. You're going to have a great time!

WalshFan88
04-29-2014, 05:21 PM
MF - Jeff is great - very funny. Glad you enjoyed the show.

Grey Sadler
05-01-2014, 11:22 AM
Well...one of us now has a solid 4 (out of 5) on a teaching evaluation from her principal...for a lesson on the day she was wearing her Eagles/HC shirt with the foil letters and the roses :)

I explained today that it was the closest thing I could find to wear for
"Western Movie Day" (Spirit Week)...He didn't mind, in fact he and his wife were at one of the shows in Lexington :partytime:

Houston Baby
05-01-2014, 12:55 PM
So he sounds like a pretty cool boss/principal. At least you have something in common GS!

tjh532
05-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Well...one of us now has a solid 4 (out of 5) on a teaching evaluation from her principal...for a lesson on the day she was wearing her Eagles/HC shirt with the foil letters and the roses :)

I explained today that it was the closest thing I could find to wear for
"Western Movie Day" (Spirit Week)...He didn't mind, in fact he and his wife were at one of the shows in Lexington :partytime:

Congrats on a good evaluation! And it's cool that he is an Eagles fan too :)

Tiffanny Twisted
05-02-2014, 06:07 AM
Yippee amy good job
Nice to work w people who get you :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
05-02-2014, 08:43 AM
Well done GS! And remember.... there are Eagles fans ..... EVERYWHERE!!!

Its our labour day this weekend so no work until Tuesday!!

Houston Baby
05-02-2014, 09:13 AM
Enjoy your holiday weekend GA!!

Brooke
05-02-2014, 10:02 AM
GS, way to go! Cool boss too!

Ga, enjoy your long weekend!

Work for me today, but tomorrow we will be going to buy gardening plants, seeds and supplies. We have been going to a nice nursery the last few years and love contemplating what we will plant where. Our son and his family go now too, so it's a fun outing. Sunday will be spent elbow deep in the dirt after church!

sodascouts
05-02-2014, 06:16 PM
We're almost at the end of our semester. Finals week is next week and everything's due. I've just got to grade 82 final exams and 50 final papers next week, and then it's over.

Until summer school starts in late May, that is! However, I'm happy to teach summer school. It's on top of our yearly salary and the money I make from summer school will fund my concert trips.

tjh532
05-02-2014, 10:12 PM
We're almost at the end of our semester. Finals week is next week and everything's due. I've just got to grade 82 final exams and 50 final papers next week, and then it's over.

Until summer school starts in late May, that is! However, I'm happy to teach summer school. It's on top of our yearly salary and the money I make from summer school will fund my concert trips.

I teach summer school too. This year it's paying for a new laptop :) I teach in a migrant summer school program. It's part of a program for children of migrant workers. We work on academics, but we also work on giving the kids some life experiences that they wouldn't otherwise get (field trips! haha) It's very rewarding and a lot of fun.

sad-cafe
05-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Late to the party but AWESOME SC! I went on Oasis last year and loved it. Would be happy to send you some tips. You're going to have a great time!

Thank you. We have cruised before....just not Oasis. We have been on Freedom, Navigator, Majesty and Voyager.

I can NOT wait

WalshFan88
05-03-2014, 12:02 AM
GS - very cool!

GA - enjoy your weekend!

Brooke - have fun!

Soda - enjoy your short summer break. :) :hilarious:

sad-cafe
05-03-2014, 11:11 PM
before I got sick, I used to teach summer school Government. 17 days of students who WANT to be there and I made like 2300 dollars. I loved it.

Glennsallnighter
05-04-2014, 06:42 PM
We don't do summer school here but I DO mark the state exams which nets me an additional €1400 (approx). Like Soda, anything extra that I earn tends to go towards my trips to see the Eagles.

tjh532
05-04-2014, 10:24 PM
before I got sick, I used to teach summer school Government. 17 days of students who WANT to be there and I made like 2300 dollars. I loved it.

I would love to teach government! (I'm a bit of a political junkie) and to have students who want to be there and want to learn? That would be heaven!

GlennLover
05-05-2014, 09:14 AM
Soda, only 82 exams & 50 papers? :wink:

Brooke, my husband & I will be doing the same thing soon. Our yard needs a lot of work as we have really let it go the last couple of years. Long weekend

GA, have a fun long weekend!

GS, congrats!

Today is my 24th wedding anniversary.

irga
05-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Today is my 24th wedding anniversary.

Wow, happy anniversary to you and your husband, GL! :thumbsup:

bluefeather
05-05-2014, 10:29 AM
have lovely one GL and your husband too:)

Houston Baby
05-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Happy Anniversary GL & hubby!!

In these times, that is a great accomplishment! Hope y'all enjoy the day!!

Brooke
05-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Happy Anniversary, GL! That's awesome! :thumbsup:

Tiffanny Twisted
05-05-2014, 05:46 PM
gl happy anniversary

enjoy your special day together

DJ
05-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Happy Anniversary GL & Hubby!!!:thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
05-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Happy Anniversary Harold and Ann! Wonderful achievement to be happily married so long! Well done to you both.

WalshFan88
05-05-2014, 06:03 PM
GL - Happy Anniversary!

sad-cafe
05-05-2014, 08:47 PM
happy anniversary

GlennLover
05-05-2014, 11:04 PM
Thank you eveyone. Harold brought me a dozen red roses & I took him out to dinner. :)

zeldabjr
05-05-2014, 11:25 PM
Happy Anniversary Ann and Harold!!!

GlennLover
05-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Thanks! :)

prayfordaylight
05-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Happy belated anniversary!

Brooke
05-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Work, gardening, work, cooking, work, ..........

irga
05-06-2014, 04:54 PM
Work, gardening, work, cooking, work, ..........
Oh, my day looked exactly the same, Brooke. Now already in bed, getting ready to do some reading :thumbsup:

Tiffanny Twisted
05-06-2014, 06:41 PM
well we are doing a big fund raiser for my church womans group on fri nite.
Last night we wrapped gift baskets to auction off and put programs together, I had fun but its tiring.
So I took a half a day on fri so I can go help set up early.

SO is coming in from Chicago fri afternoon. Looking forward to seeing him but he is coming in for a wedding so wont have much time to visit with his parents. lol.

Luke is getting big and doing well.
a growning thriving little boy.
thanks everyone for all the prayers.:angel:

Houston Baby
05-06-2014, 07:55 PM
Good luck with the fundraiser TT! Hope y'all raise a lot of money! Is this the one that you were doing some paintings for?

And I hope you get some time with your son this weekend.

zeldabjr
05-06-2014, 08:24 PM
oh TT...so glad son is coming home...even if you don't spend much time with him...I'm sure just seeing him will be the best Mother's Day present for you!

Brooke
05-07-2014, 09:16 AM
TT, good news! Enjoy your time and so glad to hear little Lucas is doing so well!

WalshFan88
05-07-2014, 02:34 PM
TT - Good news!

---------

Everything is ok in Austinland.... Health seems to be "stable" (dare I say it!) and seem to be feeling better. Going to the record store this evening which always perks me up (that and guitar stores!).

bluefeather
05-07-2014, 02:37 PM
good to hear Austin:)

irga
05-07-2014, 02:54 PM
TT - Good news!

---------

Everything is ok in Austinland.... Health seems to be "stable" (dare I say it!) and seem to be feeling better. Going to the record store this evening which always perks me up (that and guitar stores!).

:thumbsup: Austin!
Looking for anything in particular in the record store?

WalshFan88
05-07-2014, 02:57 PM
:thumbsup: Austin!
Looking for anything in particular in the record store?

I do have a list with me but I usually find more things not on my list than stuff that is! Most of the stuff on my list is popular and hard to come by.

The record store has a package deal if you buy 4 so I gotta buy in bundles. :hilarious:

GlennLover
05-07-2014, 03:11 PM
TT, I know what hard work church events are. We had a tea this past Saturday which was the major fundraiser for many of our church groups. I baked during the week, helped set up various tables on Friday & worked at the baking table during the tea & then helped clean up. I was exhausted by the time I got home! I wish you well for your event.

I'm happy for you that your son is coming home & glad to hear Lucas is doing so well. :)

Austin, I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling better. Happy shopping! :)

Houston Baby
05-07-2014, 10:19 PM
Glad you are feeling better Austin. Did you have any luck at the record store?

WalshFan88
05-07-2014, 10:24 PM
Glad you are feeling better Austin. Did you have any luck at the record store?

Yep!! I ended up coming away with 6 things including a JW album I've been hunting (The Smoker You Drink).

Houston Baby
05-08-2014, 08:36 AM
Awesome! A JW lp is a sweet score for you! :thumbsup:

Houston Baby
05-08-2014, 09:03 AM
I'm celebrating my ONE year Borderversary today!

Thanks to HH & VA appearing quite normal at the GF NYC concert, I took the plunge & joined. One of the best decisions I have ever made! I have made so many wonderful friends & had quite a few EAGLES adventures. I feel like I have known some of you forever! Y'all are a great group of people and to think this all came about because of our love of a great band known as EAGLES and one special lady, Soda who made this board. My love & best to all!!

Here's to lots more EAGLES adventures!!! :cheers:

prayfordaylight
05-08-2014, 11:19 AM
I'm celebrating my ONE year Borderversary today!

Thanks to HH & VA appearing quite normal at the GF NYC concert, I took the plunge & joined. One of the best decisions I have ever made! I have made so many wonderful friends & had quite a few EAGLES adventures. I feel like I have known some of you forever! Y'all are a great group of people and to think this all came about because of our love of a great band known as EAGLES and one special lady, Soda who made this board. My love & best to all!!

Here's to lots more EAGLES adventures!!! :cheers:

Happy Borderversary! So glad I took the plunge myself just over two years ago after lurking for awhile. Thanks to all of you for making this such a great place!

tjh532
05-08-2014, 12:54 PM
Happy Borderversary HB!

DJ
05-08-2014, 01:09 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HB!

Just purchased tickets to see Paul Mccartney on August 5th! YAH!!!:partytime:

Brooke
05-08-2014, 01:27 PM
HAPPY BORDERVERSARY HOUSTON BABY!

It's great having you here! Carry on! :thumbsup: