PDA

View Full Version : What's Happening In Your Life?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

WalshFan88
05-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Happy Borderversary HB!!! :partytime:

sodascouts
05-09-2014, 12:04 AM
Thank you eveyone. Harold brought me a dozen red roses & I took him out to dinner. :)

I know I'm quite late but... happy belated anniversary!

sodascouts
05-09-2014, 12:07 AM
I'm celebrating my ONE year Borderversary today!

Thanks to HH & VA appearing quite normal at the GF NYC concert, I took the plunge & joined. One of the best decisions I have ever made! I have made so many wonderful friends & had quite a few EAGLES adventures. I feel like I have known some of you forever! Y'all are a great group of people and to think this all came about because of our love of a great band known as EAGLES and one special lady, Soda who made this board. My love & best to all!!

Here's to lots more EAGLES adventures!!! :cheers:

HAPPY BORDERVERSARY!!!!

I am so happy you joined - I feel like I've known you a lot longer than I have. You're a terrific person and I'm looking forward to hanging out again!

:hug:

See you soon!

irga
05-09-2014, 03:53 AM
HB, unlike others, I haven't got a chance to meet you personally, but I'm glad I got to know you in a way through the Border :-)
Happy Borderversary!

irga
05-09-2014, 04:12 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HB!

Just purchased tickets to see Paul Mccartney on August 5th! YAH!!!:partytime:

DJ, I saw him last June in Warsaw. The show was fantastic and thrilling. I couldn't help tears rolling down my cheeks during some of the songs, especially Something, which he dedicated to George.
We (the audience) prepared a nice surprise for him - while he was singing "Hey Jude", everybody put up high white cards with words "HEY" and "PAUL". Here is a YouTube link if you'd like to see it :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s31tI18gkd4
Unforgettable!
You are going to have an absolutely great time! :thumbsup:

Houston Baby
05-09-2014, 10:31 AM
That is so cool Irga!
I also saw him a couple of years ago and it was a FANTASTIC night! One I will never forget! The separate dedications to John & Paul were so touching, very heartfelt. You are going to have a wonderful time DJ!!

And thank you everybody for the warm good wishes & congratulations!
:grouphug:

DJ
05-09-2014, 05:24 PM
DJ, I saw him last June in Warsaw. The show was fantastic and thrilling. I couldn't help tears rolling down my cheeks during some of the songs, especially Something, which he dedicated to George.
We (the audience) prepared a nice surprise for him - while he was singing "Hey Jude", everybody put up high white cards with words "HEY" and "PAUL". Here is a YouTube link if you'd like to see it :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s31tI18gkd4
Unforgettable!
You are going to have an absolutely great time! :thumbsup:

I am sooo excited I can't wait. I'm sure I'll tear up on a few of the songs.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-10-2014, 09:38 AM

Thanks to HH & VA appearing quite normal at the GF NYC concert, I took the plunge & joined. One of the best decisions I have ever made! I have made so many wonderful friends & had quite a few EAGLES adventures. I feel like I have known some of you forever! Y'all are a great group of people and to think this all came about because of our love of a great band known as EAGLES and one special lady, Soda who made this board. My love & best to all!!

You obviously have a skewed concept of 'normal'!! Glad you finally decided to join, and you've been a positive addition to our flock of fans!

Those who are Facebook friends already saw this, but I broke down and bought a new phone last night. I really liked my old phone, and the battery life was still pretty long for a 2.5 year old phone, but as these phones do, they get very slow. Mine was even slower because where I live isn't a part of Verizon Wireless's network, so it's always roaming. Consequently, the phone is always looking for a VW signal which slows it down. Since VW doesn't have coverage here, I had to go all the way up to Louisville to get to a VW store.

I walked away with quite a few gadgets, including a free tablet device that will connect to the network via 4G, which is something my other tablets do not do. At the end of it, though, my monthly bill will be $30 less than currently, and I now have unlimited talk minutes. I 'downgraded' from unlimited data to 3GB, because while I was seldom connected to WiFi and I use my GPS frequently, and stream hockey and baseball games when I'm not in front of my TV, I've not come close to using a gig of data in over 2 years, let alone 3 gig.

Now, all I have to do is decide what Skin-It to get for it. Another Steelers one, or give the Penguins a turn? Hmmm....

Houston Baby
05-10-2014, 10:51 AM
You obviously have a skewed concept of 'normal'!!

Yes, I am not sure that reflects well on me. :hilarious:

Now, all I have to do is decide what Skin-It to get for it. Another Steelers one, or give the Penguins a turn? Hmmm....

I know you love your Penguins BUT I cannot believe you would do that to your Steelers! :wink:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-10-2014, 11:16 AM
It could be a moot point. I don't see any Skin-Its for a Droid Maxx. Guess I'll need to shop around!

MaryCalifornia
05-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Thanks to HH & VA appearing quite normal at the GF NYC concert

OK, this made me laugh out loud. Internet friends! Happy borderversary< HB!!! :hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-10-2014, 11:50 AM
See, HB, even MC doesn't believe we are 'normal'!

bluefeather
05-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Happy borderversary HB, I hope we'll meet in person some day:)

Glennsallnighter
05-10-2014, 07:54 PM

Belated Happy Borderversary HB. I too am so glad you decided to become part of our wonderful community. I'm really looking forward to meeting up in NYC later this year!

GlennLover
05-11-2014, 04:57 PM
Belated Happy Borderversary, HB! :partytime:

sad-cafe
05-12-2014, 08:56 PM
Happy Borderversary. It is a great place

VAisForEagleLovers
05-13-2014, 08:03 PM
Words cannot describe the hellish day I had today. Easily the worst day in my entire career. I was told that me and the company I work for are a $50 million dollar failure because the data in our system doesn't support a required report. It doesn't matter that the data comes from another system, we were told what system we had to interface with to get the data, and that the other system doesn't have the data we need. In addition, it doesn't matter that I'm not allowed to even speak to the people who have this other system (or any other system) because I'm a contractor and not a government employee. Lastly, it doesn't matter that I've been telling our customer at least once a week for six months that we have this problem, and can they provide some support? Not only called a failure, but the word was written in red with a capital F.

GlennLover
05-13-2014, 09:20 PM
VA, I'm so sorry to hear that! That's quite a blow! The fact that you have been telling your client about the problem for months just adds salt to the wound! :brickwall: What does this mean for the future of your company & you?

WalshFan88
05-13-2014, 10:04 PM
VA - so sorry to hear that. :(

sodascouts
05-13-2014, 11:17 PM
Words cannot describe the hellish day I had today. Easily the worst day in my entire career. I was told that me and the company I work for are a $50 million dollar failure because the data in our system doesn't support a required report. It doesn't matter that the data comes from another system, we were told what system we had to interface with to get the data, and that the other system doesn't have the data we need. In addition, it doesn't matter that I'm not allowed to even speak to the people who have this other system (or any other system) because I'm a contractor and not a government employee. Lastly, it doesn't matter that I've been telling our customer at least once a week for six months that we have this problem, and can they provide some support? Not only called a failure, but the word was written in red with a capital F.
Awful! Praying for you.

MaryCalifornia
05-13-2014, 11:24 PM
VA, that sounds to me like an employee from your customer trying to CHOA (I just made that up - Cover His/Her Own A--).

Houston Baby
05-14-2014, 12:06 AM
Thank you friends for all the good wishes on my Borderversary!! Y'all are so very special in my life! :grouphug:

Houston Baby
05-14-2014, 12:16 AM
VA I am so sorry to hear about your work and for it to happen the day after such a victory yesterday with the Vegas ticket. I think MC may be on to something - someone trying to CTA and find someone else to pin the blame. Stay strong! I will keep you in my prayers. :hug:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-14-2014, 07:03 AM
Thank you, Soda. I can use all the prayers I can get!

Brooke
05-14-2014, 09:52 AM
VA, this is awful! Thoughts and prayers going up for you!

Tiffanny Twisted
05-14-2014, 10:07 AM
keep your spirits up va .
prayers coming your way as always.

HB I am so late but hope it was a happy boarder anniversary after all:thumbsup:

I had a hectic weekend, I came home sick on Thursday with a fever and felt really icky.

fri was our fundraiser and my son was in this weekend,
I did get to see my son for a few hours on sat as we drove him all over town showing his gf valley forge national park , the school he went to (which was open for something so we could go in) and his church .we also took them to lunch before we dropped them off at Villanova University for the wedding which was at the chapel. My son wanted to show his gf around the campus of the school he graduated from.
Sunday we got up early and they took the train in from town and met us half way and we had a quick breakfast with them as well.
It was hard to say goodbye not enough time, I haven't seen him since the new year and we were all making funeral arrangement's for my MIL.
So we went home to an empty house and
low and behold I had a visit from my godson Luke, a totally surprise.
SO he melted my blues away at the fact that my son was leaving for Chicago . My handsome godson, brought me a beautiful flowering bush to plant that his Dad said he picked out.
Now the best thing was when my JAHH got up to get something in the car, Lucas pointed at the door and screamed MIKE at the top of his lungs for the first time. To which his Momma said "Oh boy he said his godfathers name first not his godmommas ..."SHe tried to coax him into saying Celle...but all he would do when he heard my name was run into my arms and smother me with kisses on my cheek as he through is arms around my neck laughing,:hilarious:
So my son and hubby are excited cause he can say their names and I will continue to enjoy the hugs and kisses ...
Oh and he cant say his other godmommas
name either but he can say his other godfathers name .lol
Maybe on fathers day he'll do it.

Houston Baby
05-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Luke sounds like such a sweetie! I know you enjoy him so much TT, name or no name! :)
And it sounds like you had a marvelous Mother's Day despite the ickiness. I hope you are feeling better now.

Tiffanny Twisted
05-14-2014, 10:23 AM
Thanks Deb,

Not quite myself but she said the virus had to work its way out of the body.
But better than I was...
and yes I love that little boy so much.
Yesterday at work, Kiara smiled at me and said , I picked the best godparents for my son . we are all blessed.
Oh well off to the dentist yuck.

Brooke
05-14-2014, 10:45 AM
TT, hope you are feeling better. Luke sounds like such a joy to you whether he can say your name yet or not! He will sooner or later! Glad you had some time with your son too!

DJ
05-14-2014, 01:51 PM
You obviously have a skewed concept of 'normal'!! Glad you finally decided to join, and you've been a positive addition to our flock of fans!

Those who are Facebook friends already saw this, but I broke down and bought a new phone last night. I really liked my old phone, and the battery life was still pretty long for a 2.5 year old phone, but as these phones do, they get very slow. Mine was even slower because where I live isn't a part of Verizon Wireless's network, so it's always roaming. Consequently, the phone is always looking for a VW signal which slows it down. Since VW doesn't have coverage here, I had to go all the way up to Louisville to get to a VW store.

I walked away with quite a few gadgets, including a free tablet device that will connect to the network via 4G, which is something my other tablets do not do. At the end of it, though, my monthly bill will be $30 less than currently, and I now have unlimited talk minutes. I 'downgraded' from unlimited data to 3GB, because while I was seldom connected to WiFi and I use my GPS frequently, and stream hockey and baseball games when I'm not in front of my TV, I've not come close to using a gig of data in over 2 years, let alone 3 gig.

Hey either team is great. Even though our Penquins lost! :-x

VAisForEagleLovers
05-14-2014, 06:11 PM
Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers... Not sure how I missed them all last time I logged in.

DJ they definitely lost! And my Pirates got owned by the Brewers. Again. My teams did not help my mood any.

Today was better because I elected to hide at my desk all day.

MaryCalifornia
05-15-2014, 11:46 AM
All of the schools in North County San Diego are closed today due to fires, including my kids' schools, so it is an unexpected "weekend" day for us - good and bad for me, but nothing to be done about it. We might go to Ikea first thing this morning, my son needs a dresser in his bedroom, and then probably to the beach with friends. This is one blessing resulting from me not having found a new job yet, no big whoop when their schools are closed! Trying to look on the bright side! The closest fires are 10 and 12 miles from my house, with a large freeway and many neighborhoods separating us. The weather should cool off tomorrow and the humidity will go up, it is incredibly low (5-10 here, 0-5 more inland) now.

Houston Baby
05-15-2014, 01:25 PM
Stay safe MC! And enjoy your "free" day!

GlennLover
05-15-2014, 03:32 PM
I hope the fires are contained quickly so that no more damage is done. I'll pray for those living close to the fire.

Tiffanny Twisted
05-15-2014, 07:23 PM
mc be saf

WalshFan88
05-15-2014, 09:08 PM
MC - Stay safe!

------

Kind of a last minute decision but I'm going to a guitar show on Saturday in Chicago (well a suburb called St Charles). Should be fun.

MaryCalifornia
05-15-2014, 09:53 PM
Thanks guys, schools closed again tomorrow. I think most people are fine with it because the fires are so unpredictable, you don't need to be trying to evacuate schools. On Tuesday a fire crossed the road in front of a school bus evacuating kids, not good. So, we'll sit tight and look forward to next week when the high temp will be 66 - crazy!

tjh532
05-16-2014, 12:35 AM
MC - how scary! I guess living in Cali though, it's something you learn to deal with. Stay safe!

DJ
05-18-2014, 02:32 PM
I saw a few pic's of those fires I couldn't believe they were happening so early in the year, yikes! Be safe MC! :spin:

Brooke
05-19-2014, 02:53 PM
MC, here's hoping the fires are being contained near you. And everywhere actually. Stay safe!

WF, hope the geetar show was fun for you!

I've had a very busy last few days, as you can tell by my absence here! I babysat my little sweetie (grandson) Friday and Friday night, which was lots of fun, as usual! Then Saturday morning my mother called about 8 am and said she was calling the ambulance because she couldn't stand being sick any longer. My sister had spent the day on Thursday at the walk in clinic with her and finally got a uti diagnosis. They sent her home with meds. Well, she expects to be back to normal within 24 hours, but of course, that didn't happen. So, I spent the day in the ER on Saturday and didn't get any news that we didn't already know. They sent her back home with the same meds although they did give her an intravenous antibiotic that would hopefully kick in and get her on the road to recovery. After getting her settled back in her apartment I then had to go buy some groceries for her and myself. Got home from all that about 8 pm. I stopped in Sunday morning on the way to church and she said she was no better. We had a nephew's high school graduation after church and then a party afterwards. Still no better when I checked in on her afterwards. Now this morning my mother decided she needed to go to the hospital again! My sister has taken her, so we will see what happens now! I would like to put her in a nursing home because she doesn't do anything she is told to do and is being a pain in the you-know-where! Ugh! I was planning to take a few days of vacation the rest of the week after today, but I may need to stay at work so I have an excuse to be busy! :crazy:

Tiffanny Twisted
05-19-2014, 05:38 PM
Oh rooke,
hang in there,
prayers coming your way but it is difficult to take care of elderly family members, so try your best to take care of you too

Busy day at work ..crazy busy .,,..
day went fast but I am bushed

Houston Baby
05-19-2014, 05:44 PM
Brooke, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I will keep her in my prayers AND you. I remember the difficulty. Hopefully the meds will kick in soon. In the meantime keep a photo of that beautiful grandson handy. It will ALWAYS bring a smile to your face!

Glennsallnighter
05-19-2014, 06:04 PM
Hope the meds kick in soon Brooke. It is so difficult to know what is best for our elder folks.

HB, congrats on 2000 posts!

Tiffanny Twisted
05-19-2014, 06:16 PM
omg deb I missed that
congrats on 2001

WalshFan88
05-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Brooke - hope she feels better soon.

Houston Baby
05-19-2014, 10:10 PM
Thanks GA & TT! I think I missed it too! :hilarious:

tjh532
05-20-2014, 12:22 AM
Hope your Mom is better soon Brooke! It's so hard when that dynamic changes and the child becomes the care giver. Hang in there!

cricrichan
05-21-2014, 04:23 AM
Sending hugs and prayers your way, Brooke!

Tiffanny Twisted
05-21-2014, 06:15 AM
I am getting excited .
The horseshow starts on Thursday
This will be my 15th year volunteering

Just looking forward to it but not all the traffic
Time to take alternate route homr

Glennsallnighter
05-21-2014, 07:25 AM
Enjoy TT!!

DJ
05-21-2014, 01:34 PM
O Brooke I feel your pain. My mom is living with me with terminal cancer and it is wxtremely hard. I can't bring myself to put her in a nursing home because some days are good. The pain is controlled, thank goodness but her memory is going. Today she woke up and didn't know where she was. She's been living with me since the end of March. She said well you know I've been moved around so much. It just kills me! When she was living alone and before we knew she was terminal I think the oxygen deprevation was so great it took a toll. She's on oxygen 24/7 now but the damage is done.
Brooke try and keep your life going, it is the only thing that will keep you sane. Unless she really needs you with her I wouldn't take time off, distraction is a life saver. I'll keep you in my prayers. :angel:

bluefeather
05-21-2014, 04:14 PM
Good vibes and strenght to you and your moms Brooke and DJ:)
Sounds like good time to be had, enjoy TT:)

Tiffanny Twisted
05-21-2014, 06:29 PM
thanks gan

It really is a lot of fun and all the money raised goes to Bryn Mawr Hospital. (they have used it to redo the ed and the neonatel unit etc
The horse show is a country fair as well with a carnival and a midway of rides and games for the kids , a candy booth with old fashion candy and tea sandwhich both and art gallery and a bunch of boutique type shopping .

I work in the souviners section selling lots of tee shirts ,sweat shirts, baseball hats and all kinds of horse themed things.

It is really nice to meet people from all over the county who come to this every year .I love the kids ,two legged and 4 legged lol.

This morning as I passed the fair grounds on my drive to work it was just beautiful to see the farris wheel all lit up with lights going around on a test run as the sun was just starting to come up behind it and the roads and the grounds were quiet....JUST stunning.....

Brooke
05-22-2014, 09:56 AM
Just stopping in for a few minutes to thank you all for your prayers and support. They did finally admit my Mom to the hospital and did more tests. It turned out she has colitus which is an inflammation of the colin. I have to eat some of my words because the meds she was on were not going to conquer this! They put her on another antibiotic and nausea meds. She was finally feeling better yesterday and got to eat regular food after being on liquids. She may even get to come home today! And I think she wasn't remembering things or taking her regular meds correctly a lot because of just not feeling well. We are going to be getting some home health care too. And they said she doesn't need to go to the nursing home because she is up and not too weak to get around. So, things are looking up for her and us! I've been on vacation this week. Not a great way to spend it going to the hospital, but my sister is going back today so I have a day to myself! :yay: Washing windows! :headscratch: I didn't plan anything major for this week. Good thing!

sodascouts
05-22-2014, 12:10 PM
That's great, Brooke!

TT, I wish I could go with you - sounds like fun!

DJ, I know that must be terribly difficult, but it's good that you're there when you're needed. Many children sadly don't step up and take care of their parents when the time comes.

Tiffanny Twisted
05-22-2014, 06:51 PM
Ah Nancy such a nice thing to say and yes I wish you could enjoy it with us. It goes on for two whole weeks...there is so many different competitions going on...they do a dog show parade for the kids and a lady's day where every lady who wears a hat gets in for free and then Carson Kresley judges the lady's for best hat...tons of goofy fun...
I cant wait for Luke to be old enough to enjoy it so we can share it with him.

Oh Brooke I am so happy to hear things are moving in the right direction for your Momma.
It is difficult and as I say being in health care,,,we become the meat in the sandwhich generation...our kids are on one side and our parents are on the other side and we are the filling inbetween our kids and our parents and being pulled in both directions.
OOH and cleaning windows isn't a bad thing. When times are tough I find for me, if I can accomplish a task it makes me feel less out of control . The situation around me might be out of control but accomplishing a task and cleaning makes me in control.Just saying that's what works for me.
when My momma died 15 years ago, I cleaned closets and attic ....cried my way throught the process but it helped me a lot.

dj hang in there,,,,,do always what feel right in your heart and you will never regret it ever

DJ
05-22-2014, 10:52 PM
Thanks everyone for the words of kindness.

Brooke, so glad your Mom is better. Blessings to all!

Brooke
05-23-2014, 08:52 AM
DJ, that is wonderful that you are doing this for your Mom. Hang in there, I know it's hard for you. And her. I'm sure she is very grateful to you too.

Mom is home and doing very well. I'll be looking in on her daily to make sure she is doing what she should be doing.

Got the windows, screens, and muntins all washed and put back together. Your right, TT, it feels good to get that accomplished. It was also a nice day to let the air circulate through the house!

Today, clean house, vacuum blinds, and maybe, get out in the sun a bit.

bluefeather
05-23-2014, 01:47 PM
Oh it would be much fun to attend TT's event

I'm mostly stuck at home studying and figuring out what I'll be doing during the summer, well at least the weather really nice

Tiffanny Twisted
05-23-2014, 07:34 PM
well last night was a hugh rain storm with lightening but not a good first nite for the horse show.

zeldabjr
05-23-2014, 10:05 PM
wow...so much going on...I'm glad your Mom is doing better Brooke...DJ...I will keep you and your Mom in my prayers...TT...wish I could spend some time with you at the horse show...sounds like a lot of fun!!!...

I always keep all my 'Eagles friends' in my prayers every day!

Congratulations HB on2000 posts!!!...made me look at mine...just realized I hit 5000 and didn't even realize it!!!

sad-cafe
05-23-2014, 11:10 PM
so I need prayers for a small miracle.

I massively screwed up. I thought I put a credit card bill on auto pay. I don't regularly balance my bank account and with all the issues lately, just assumed things were taken care of. This card was a Target card. Because I don't balance my account and just check my balance every couple weeks I didn't catch it. Apparently it hasn't been paid in about 4 months (guess my bank stopped auto paying because of the target mess and I should have authorized it or something) Anyway. They turned it over to collection and for some reason, the collection called my hubby's phone. It is about 5 grand and he is super pissed. He knew we had the card, he is pissed that it went to collection. I guess I will call my accounting place I use and see if I can get any of my Roth IRA ...even if I have to take a huge penalty it might be enough to pay it off.

sodascouts
05-23-2014, 11:41 PM
Oh, how awful! I will be praying for you. If this is the first time something like this has happened, perhaps they will be understanding.

sad-cafe
05-24-2014, 12:26 AM
yea we are kind of freaked out. our Credit rating was loo 800's gurss it Is going bad now :(

Glennsallnighter
05-24-2014, 05:23 AM
S-C hope it works out. If up to now you have not had major banking problems I'm sure if you talk to the right people and explain your situation they will sort it out. In real terms, and in terms of the kind of debts some people have its quite small. I'd say a solution can be easily brokered. As a matter of interest, if you put your account on autopay who took it off? Pass the buck onto the bank.

I'm as bad. I check my bank balance on payday every 2 weeks to make sure my money went in, after that its debit card all the way and the hope that some day when I put in my PIN that the card wont start laughing at me!!

Houston Baby
05-24-2014, 08:01 AM
Thought I better check in before I head off for the morning. I help set out flags on graves in a couple of local cemeteries which I do to honor my dad & his brothers who were all veterans.

DJ - prayers will continue for your mom & you. I believe there is no greater gift that a child can give their parents than to take care of them when they need it.

TT - have fun at the horse show. I hope the weather clears up for the rest of the time.

CONGRATULATIONS Z!!

S-C - I agree with GA. Since I work at a bank, I know we can make mistakes occasionally. If the bank was going to stop the auto-pay, they should have given you notice. Talk to the collection agency first & let them know you are working on getting this fixed promptly & finding out where the error occurred. Then talk to Target & explain the situation. Maybe they can put the bill back on your Target account & work out a payment plan with a decreased interest rate. Target should understand that unintentional errors do occur. Their error is what started the mess! Then talk to the bank & find out what happened with the auto pay that you never gave permission to cancel. Maybe the bank can make a short term loan to you to clear the collection account. Keep in mind when you talk to all these places, be nice BUT be firm. Unfortunately, one mistake can quickly mushroom into a serious one. Finally & more importantly make sure that each company knows that you want your credit report fixed to show that this was an error. I will keep you in my prayers.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-24-2014, 09:56 PM
SC, I agree with the others, if you call in good faith and explain without making excuses, the credit report may get fixed and who knows, the fees and what-not may even get dropped. I'll keep you in my prayers!

A couple of weeks ago or so I posted that my job is quite stressful at the moment, and it's not getting any better! When I went to my old doctor when I visited VA back in Feb, I was surprised that my blood pressure wasn't any higher than it was than before I took the job. Well, last week I had a check up at a new doctor's office here. Granted, they use an automated cuff and it screwed up the first reading and started another. It squeezed my arm so badly I had no feeling in my fingertips for hours afterwards. It made me quite angry and I considered tossing it through a wall, so that probably explains most of why my BP WAS THROUGH THE ROOF! I'll get it re-checked, the regular way, in a couple of weeks. Still, getting laid off in Sept is beginning to be something I'm looking forward to!

zeldabjr
05-24-2014, 10:11 PM
oh SC that is awful...I don't understand if it was on auto pay why it wasn't paid...I'd go that route...but that's just me...hope it all works out ok...

VA...I'm surprised a doctor's office would use an automatic cuff...don't think that's a good idea...praying everything turns out ok for you with your work situation...it must be bad when getting laid off is a good thing...

VAisForEagleLovers
05-24-2014, 10:32 PM
My co-workers find it amusing that every time there's a really stressful situation where by all rights I should lose my temper I mutter 'Peaceful Easy Feeling' or 'Take It Easy' under my breath over and over. I do it because it reminds me to pray about it instead of losing my temper. That verse from Philippians, chapter 4, I think, about not worrying about anything and instead turning it over to God. Take It Easy is a way better way to remember than Don't Worry Be Happy.

tjh532
05-24-2014, 10:45 PM
SC, I can tell you from personal experience, they will be willing to work with you. And once it is paid off, your credit rating will recover. I got stuck with a ton of debt after my divorce, I even had my ex-husbands creditors coming after me for debt that I was unaware of. Most companies are willing to work with you, especially if you explain what happened. With a credit score in the 800s, they will see that you are responsible and will work with you. Do all you can before you touch your investments. And get after the bank too. Make them write a letter explaining what happened, that will help with the collection company as well.

Tiffanny Twisted
05-25-2014, 07:57 AM
My turn.....SC everything that everyone has posted I agree with so I wont re say it

If the mess all started with the Target issue then put it back on them AND who took it off auto pay ?? and with what permission is the big question.

I will keep you in prayer.

BJ WOHO gf such a big accomplishment :computer:
DJ continued prayers :thumbsup:
HB - That is such a wonderful thing to do :angel:
VA - so sorry you are in a stressful situation at work. It so stinks
Now your BP doing it on different machines and different type of machines will give you different readings.
Talk to your doc about purchasing one for at home and monitoring that way . They can look at two weeks or so of readings and average it out and get a truer picture of what is really happening. Good Luck and hang tough .

Well it is a beautiful day and looking forward to the horse show today.
They always have issues getting help over this weekend which is why we do it . I mean EVERYONE wants to work on "grand prix night "lol since one side of our booth faces the main ring.

Bruce SPringsteens daughter is a winning rider in her class and he does attend. You never know who you are gonna see there .I just love that so many in my community go and help out ..neighbors bring neighbors. As one of the volunteers told me when she moved here, her neighbor said that's just what we do in this area ...
Glad humidity is going to be low...I want to wear all my "Horsey " jewelry lol and if it its humid, well forget about it.:hilarious:
Well you all will be with me in spirit ..
Have a safe and blessed day everyone

thelastresort
05-25-2014, 09:23 AM
Tried to catch up on this but got lost a while ago :eyebrow: Anyway, congrats to anyone who deserves it and those with health, financial or family troubles have my thoughts and prayers.

-------------

Small update from this end - I'm a lot like BF in being snowed under with exams at the minute. Unfortunately due to a combination of depression, no self-confidence and general laziness I've spent the last three weeks drinking, getting up in the middle of the afternoon and doing everything I can to avoid revising. Slightly regretting that now that exams are literally starting this coming week, but hey ho, hopefully I'll learn for next time. Got the Eagles on shuffle and am beginning to crack through work, about a month later than is desirable.

Still, I've managed to seek some kind of motivation in the fact that it's only 581 hours until I see the guys live for the first time ever. :D Let's do this!

WalshFan88
05-25-2014, 07:23 PM
Wow - lots of catching up!

SC - so sorry to hear about that - thoughts and well wishes sent your way.

TLR/BF - Hang in there!! Hope it eases up soon.

VA - Sorry to hear about your troubles at work.

TT - Have fun at the horse show!

HB - What a wonderful thing to do. :)

-------------------

I'm fighting a cold/sinus infection and I think it's moving to my lungs so if it isn't better by the first of the week I'll have to go to the doctor.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-25-2014, 09:35 PM
Get better soon, Austin!

WalshFan88
05-25-2014, 09:40 PM
Get better soon, Austin!

Thanks!

Tiffanny Twisted
05-26-2014, 08:39 AM
Austin...feel better soon dude . Take it easy

Still praying for all my border buddies who need it.:thumbsup::angel:

Yesterday was beautiful ..no humidity and a breeze.
I was in the shade yesterday but was standing on stones for my whole shift. Not sure which is worse poured concrete floor or tiny stone.
After smelling the "devon Frys" as the wind was blowing the smell across the walk way at me all day that way my first stop for lunch .
I really love the peaceful time of setting up early before people start to arrive and looking over at the Dixon oval and seeing all the riders exercise their horses.
Very relaxing

Happy memorial day to all

VAisForEagleLovers
05-26-2014, 11:30 AM
TT - Have a great day! It's beautiful here, too, it wasn't very nice yesterday. I think it might be a pool day here.

Got a call from my mother the other day, she got laid off from her job until December. She'd been at five days, then three, and now zero. They said they'd get work for her as it came up, but it won't be steady. You'd think that at 73 she'd be retired, but she actually retired at 59.5. Her 'retirement' fund was actually profit sharing, and the idea was that she'd invest it and live off the interest, for the most part. Her funds weren't performing to expectations, and the manager of the fund was in Indiana, pretty far from her home, so she moved it. On the day back in 2007 where Wall St. tanked. So she lost nearly a third of the fund on the cashout, because things had rebounded a bit when it got reinvested in a different fund a few days later.

Called a friend in Guatemala yesterday and I made the mistake of asking how his work was going. He'd been getting jobs off and on, usually a couple or three days a week, but he told me he hasn't worked a day in three months. It was hard to hear because his phone isn't working well, but while he said they were doing OK, I could hear the panic in his voice. I feel so bad for him...he's the only person I've ever met that actually likes to work.

It's been a sobering few days.

tjh532
05-26-2014, 12:55 PM
Austin, hope you get feeling better!

VA- My dad went through something similar when he retired from the phone company (where he had worked his whole life). The company placed their retirement fund in investments, with the idea of living off the interest. When they found out it was being mis-managed, they ended up suing the company. The were losing money and couldn't get the broker in charge to return their calls. If they wouldn't have stepped in, they would lost most of their retirement. Luckily he invested the money of the sale of their home into a ranch owned and run by an uncle, and they've had that to live on.
Times are hard these days. I wonder if the economy will ever get better:sad:

sodascouts
05-26-2014, 01:52 PM
What a shame. There was a time in between my graduation and getting my first job where I was terrified I wouldn't be able to find one. There's no security, not even for PhDs. I feel very lucky and my heart goes out to those who are struggling.

Tiffanny Twisted
05-26-2014, 06:33 PM
Well as a mom, I worry about our son getting a job now that he has finished his masters degree.

I always worry about my job cause if our boss retires .....

I just say it is what it is and do my best and leave my faith in gods hands .

quiet around here today and I am glad ..everyone is either at the horse show or out of town .lol

Jahh and I are just relaxing a beinge watching old series we haven't seen before..
Oh well time to make dinner again....don't know why its always my job but it is..:brickwall:

sad-cafe
05-27-2014, 04:09 PM
thanks guys, I pray it will work out. Just a little freaked.

VA-sorry your job isn't what you thought it would be.

I too say a little prayer for all my friends. Sometimes life can be so stressful.

DJ
05-27-2014, 09:51 PM
SC- I agree 100% with HB on your Target mess. First off the Bank should have notified you that it came off auto-pay. But.. The party that is at true fault is Target. Their security breach is what prompted all banks to stop auto payments to their card company. Call your collection agency first and formost to stop the proceeding. Explain to them what happened and then contact the Target card company. They should be working with all card holders on any and all problems that have risen out of their security breach problem. When I had a possible ID theft yrs. ago with a hospital, they even went as far as giving me 2 yrs worth of free credit reporting.
Remember just because it's at collection now doesn't mean it has to be reported on your credit report as a collection, it can be resolved.
One more thing, being a financial consultant, if you do take it out of your 401K remember to pay the 10% penalty upfront. Then all you will have to be concerned about is state and fed. taxes when you file income tax next year. That much $ isn't too bad of a tax hit.
Take care. I hate and stress about money so often I feel your pain! I had to live on my 401k since last September when I got layed off. It sucks.
Keep your chin up!:samurai:

Grey Sadler
05-27-2014, 10:17 PM
:hug: SC and VA

School broke up Friday morning...just a couple of inservice/conference days this week...now I can, um, read for pleasure, attack more laundry, crochet...how about just get my head above water?? ;)

I have worked on 2 of my 6 unit plans for next semester already though :fear:
I am such a nerd...:lol:

Tiffanny Twisted
05-28-2014, 08:52 AM
Yeah AMy

WOw some free time ...sounds like fun.

glad to hear from you
:partytime:

Brooke
05-28-2014, 03:35 PM
I've been away a few days and looks like troubles abound!

s-c I hope you can get this mess straightened out and keep your good credit rating.

VA, good luck at work.

HB, that is a really nice thing you did!

WF, hope you're better now!

I've had a crazy last couple weeks. My mother started feeling bad again Sunday. We fixed up a pill box for her and yesterday I checked it and she hadn't taken any of the pills in two of the morning slots. She said she was afraid they would make her sick. She also doesn't want to eat and she needs to eat before taking her meds. She just wants to stay in bed. I offered to take her back to the ER last night, but she didn't want to go. This morning I checked on her before work, made her toast and juice for breakfast and watched her take the 10 pills in her morning slot. At noon she called my sister and wanted her to take her back to the ER. They are there now. I don't know what is going on, but obviously the Drs have missed something because this is not like her.

I had also planned to babysit my grandson Tuesday and Thursday because their babysitter took this week off. This is our dnl's last week of school, so she will be home for the summer after Thursday. How dare that babysitter! So between babysitting my grandson and my mother and trying to work today and Friday, I'm a little crazy myself! :crazy:

One fun thing, little Cutter rolled over by himself yesterday! He had been rolling on to his side, but couldn't figure out what to do with his arms underneath. Finally figured it out! He's getting so big! :heart:

Tiffanny Twisted
05-28-2014, 06:17 PM
oh Brooke, my heart aches for you.....its so hard...could mom be depressed or what are the side effects of the meds .....loss of appitite.....my allergy meds make me tired and lose my appetite and they "make me crazy".:brickwall:

could side effects be an issue??

MY MIL KEPT SAying she didn't feel good and would not eat and when they scanned her body they found the issues .
Just spitballing ideas for you to ask the docs..

love that Cutter is your saving grace and keeps you smiling.
Imagin that, he is rolling over already.:thumbsup:
HANG IN THERE :thumbsup:

day off today for dr apt and blood work but I feel off.
The humidity and the rain isn't helping the headache,
had a nice visit with my friends , one of whom is the doctor. lol

prayers for all .

DJ
05-28-2014, 06:33 PM
Sorry about your Mom Brooke, I can relate. If I wasn't here to feed my Mom and have her take her med's she wouldn't do either one. Maybe she is depressed. The body reacts in funny ways to physical illness. If I would have been more on the ball, I would have guessed something was up with my Mom when she was showing signs of depression about Sept. last yr. It was right after she lost weight and they found the cancer in March. Depression was first though, so make those Dr's do what they are getting paid to do. Thoroughly check her out. Our folks were raised in a generation of sit back, shut up and listen. Today we have to take charge and tell the physicians what we want! Hang in there.. Blessings.

Blessings to All who is in need. :angel:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-28-2014, 08:40 PM
Brooke, sorry to hear about your mom. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

DJ, sorry to hear about your on-going issues with your mom.

For me, I found out through a credible source that our contract will be extended at least another two months, and possibly four. I'm not counting my chickens until I hear it officially, but it seems a done deal.

tjh532
05-28-2014, 08:46 PM
:hug: SC and VA

School broke up Friday morning...just a couple of inservice/conference days this week...now I can, um, read for pleasure, attack more laundry, crochet...how about just get my head above water?? ;)

I have worked on 2 of my 6 unit plans for next semester already though :fear:
I am such a nerd...:lol:

You aren't a nerd! You are a teacher :) when I'm not teaching summer school, I'm planning for the next year. Aren't we all like that? Haha

Tiffanny Twisted
05-29-2014, 06:17 AM
fingers crossed verna :thumbsup:

timfan
05-29-2014, 12:26 PM
Brooke I feel so bad for you and hope things with your mom improve soon.

My plans for todays just got thoroughly kyboshed as I went to leave the house and found our front door would not lock! After talking with my bro (whom I rent from) and working on it for half hour, it was determined that there was nothing I could do but cancel my day and stay at the house til my brother can fix it tonight. Guess it's a laundry day today LOL

Brooke
05-30-2014, 01:30 PM
Thanks for your good wishes everyone! I'm back at work today, so I have some 'free' time! :wink:

They kept Mom in the hospital and did scans of abdomen, brain, and heart. Nothing, which is good! She was very dehydrated and by last night she was much better. They released her today and my sister is picking her up to bring home. We really wanted her to stay in another day just to make sure, but she wasn't having it. We also wanted her to go in to a nursing home for a few days to make sure she is back on track. No! So, I guess we will try to monitor her every move now to make sure she does what she's supposed to do. We did talk with the Dr.s about depression, but she doesn't want to take any more meds, which I can't blame her! She says she will try to do better. Guess we'll see!

tf, try to enjoy your day at home!

VA, I hope things go well for you at work.

WalshFan88
05-30-2014, 06:47 PM
Brooke - glad the scans were normal.

Starting to feel better....and now I have two laptops brought to me both with viruses for me to fix....got a full evening. lol

sodascouts
05-30-2014, 08:23 PM
VA - glad you've got a bit of a reprieve.

Brooke - sorry to hear about your mother feeling so poorly, but I'm glad it's not cancer or something like that. still, I wish they'd be able to diagnose something.

Austin - glad you're feeling better!

timfan - it's a pity you had to cancel everything. I hope that's an isolated incident.

TT - hope you are feeling better!

Tiffanny Twisted
05-30-2014, 11:37 PM
thanks nancy

headaches gone

I get botox for the headaches which works great but this time getting the six needles gave me a headache but the weather was very muggy .

hoping to catch up on sleep tonight.....going out w gf tomorrow...our yearly bday lunch her turn to treat
lol

DJ
05-31-2014, 10:32 PM
Brooke, glad you Mom is doing better. I know with my Mom if she didn't have to eat or drink she would not. Dehydration is a Huge deal with older folks it effects everything, so perhaps just getting hydration will help put her on the road to recovery. :thumbsup: Hang in there.

TimFan. That's too bad you had to cancel your whole day. I despise when little crap like that can ruin a whole day. Hope your lock is now in working order.

Glennsallnighter
06-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Brooke, glad your Mom is feeling better and also that there is nothing serious wrong with her. Isn't it wonderful how Cutter is developing, but they all grow up so fast. Treasure him!

TF, I hope you have managed to sort out the door and that it didn't ruin your day too much.

VA, glad you have a bit more job security.

I got my summer holidays on Friday last - and not a moment too soon. Plans for the summer include

Eagles concerts in Dublin, London and Liverpool

I'm just finishing my photography course and getting my images ready for our Graduate Exhibition in 2 weeks.

Marking exams from the middle of June for about a month

Garth Brooks concert in July

Getting the kids stuff ready for School returning in September

Looking after Dad in order to give Mum a holiday for a few days even

Family Holiday - we are looking to France and Belgium this year

AND Laura wants to do up an attic room as her own 'Private' sittingroom

I'll need to get back to work to recover - still, IMHO its better to be busy rather than idle!!

Tiffanny Twisted
06-02-2014, 07:45 PM
gan
you make me tired just reading your list :hilarious:

hope its a great summer and love that your daughter wants to fix up "her sitting room

sodascouts
06-02-2014, 08:42 PM
Sounds like quite a summer is planned... and you're about to get off to a rollicking start!

tjh532
06-02-2014, 10:43 PM
GAN: just wondering, where will you be seeing Garth Brooks? He puts on a fabulous show!

Glennsallnighter
06-03-2014, 02:38 AM
He's doing 5 nights here at the end of July. Think we are on the 28th. 8 weeks from last night!

tjh532
06-03-2014, 09:35 AM
That's awesome! I didn't know he was still touring - I thought he was only doing his Vegas show. Have you seen him in concert before? he puts on a great show ;)

Brooke
06-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Ga, you make me tired! Sounds like a very busy summer for you and your family! And wow, what a start with all the Eagles shows! And Garth is quite the entertainer too! Have fun!

Hopefully, my life is getting back to normal! :pray:

thelastresort
06-03-2014, 10:34 AM
GA, didn't those Irish Garth Brooks gigs sell out in record time or something? Sounds like a decent summer, mine literally consists of two Eagles gigs and a week in Northern Ireland :lol:

Hope the normality continues Brooke!

------

After six weeks of being practically non-existent, today is the first day this year I've experienced hayfever. Wonderful. Hope it doesn't last, still got four exams and two gigs coming up before the month is through, and (in the UK at least) grass pollen is at its peak in June :(

Glennsallnighter
06-03-2014, 11:15 AM
I've not seen him in concert before, he played here 17 years ago but it was shortly before we got married and we were saving hard for our wedding. Yes, the first 3 nights sold out in 10 mins. I tried all morning but ticketmaster kept kicking me out. Then he announced an extra show so I got tix for that one. And as it too sold out they released a final date. He sure is popular in these parts!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-04-2014, 08:16 PM
Seriously, what a horrid day! I'm actually still at work. We had a software release today and it didn't work because the network folks have a configuration that they told no one about, and there is no way to work around it in less than 30 days. So, we have to rollback and my head is killing me. I had three hours of sleep and I'm on hour number 14 of being here at the office. They turned off the AC an hour and a half ago... So not happy...

sodascouts
06-04-2014, 09:34 PM
Awful that you're still at work... hang in there!

WalshFan88
06-04-2014, 11:16 PM
VA and Brooke - hang in there! Best wishes to both of you.

GA - Have fun... Garth is known for almost being the KISS of country music and giving fans his all and being a high energy show, at least back in the 90s!!! Headset mic and all!

Brooke
06-05-2014, 10:37 AM
I saw Garth way back in the beginning of his career and he was simply fantastic!

His last concert on tv, last summer (?) was awesome!

WalshFan88
06-06-2014, 12:30 AM
I'm sooooo sick of having recurrent sinus infections. I think my primary doc is clueless at this point. I've been to an ENT before, but for my ears. I'm thinking I need to have a biopsy or something to find out. Every few weeks I get them and I get put on antibiotics, they go away, and then come right back... I'm sick of not being able to breathe through my nose and feeling puny..... If I don't feel better by tomorrow I'm going to a walk in clinic in one of the bigger towns (Springfield or Peoria) where I can see someone who knows what they are doing. Not exactly ER material but at least someone who can see what is going on. I've been on Augmentin, Amoxicillin, Cephalexin, on and on. And I know taking this many antibiotics can't be good for me. I either need to see an ENT or an infectious disease specialist.

Couple that with a sinus headache and I'm not happy. At least I was able to enjoy my new LZ remastered CD's tonight...

Houston Baby
06-06-2014, 09:14 AM
Austin - you're right, I think it is time for a new doctor. I was on so many antibiotics (pencillin, etc.) when I was a child that I am now allergic to most of them. Hope you get to the bottom of the problem and feel better soon. It is miserable being sick in the summer.

prayfordaylight
06-06-2014, 09:45 AM
Feel better Austin. Definitely try to see an ENT specialist if you can. I had pertussis last year which led to 5 months of coughing and it took the specialist to figure out why my cough hadn't gone away. The specialists can look beyond antibiotics and hopefully get down to the root of the problem.

GlennLover
06-06-2014, 10:34 AM
I'm praying for all those going through difficulties at this time.

Austin, I'm really surprised that your Dr hasn't sent you to an ENT by now. Hope you ger to see one soon.

tlr, this spring has been one of the worst ever around here for those with allergies. My husband & sister have been suffering. Hope your hayfever is better soon.

GA, I saw Garth a number of years ago. He put on a wonderful show!

VA, "take it easy". I know that is easier said than done. I hope things improve at work.

It has been a disturbing few days here. A 24 year old man dressed in camoflouge & carrying a barrage of weapons from knives to rifles walked through a residential neighbourhood in Moncton, New Brunswick, a city not too far from the city I live in (That's where I saw the Eagles' for the first time.) Residents called 911 & the RCMP (Mounties) arrived quickly. The man had planned to ambush them & shot 5 officers. Three of them were mortally wounded. He then calmly walked into the woods. The RCMP quardoned off a section of the city where they believed the suspect to be. Residents of the area were told to stay inside & lock their doors. Many stayed in their basements for safety. The entire city was in lock down, business & government closed, schools cancelled & bus service stopped. This continued for 30 hours.

At around 12:00 last evening the suspect was arrested in the backyard of a home, not far from the street where the shootings took place, as the resedents of the home looked on. Thank God he was taken into custody without incident so no one else was hurt. The entire province is grieving for the officers who were victims of the tragedy. One if the officers killed was from the city where I live.

Houston Baby
06-06-2014, 01:39 PM
GL - How terrifying! And for 30 hours, everyone must be exhausted. It is such a sad situation in the world that nowhere is safe anymore. Tragedies strike almost daily now.
I am so sorry to hear of the officers' deaths. My sympathies and prayers for their families.

Houston Baby
06-06-2014, 01:40 PM
VA - I hope you are having a better Friday and will be able to get some rest this weekend.

Brooke
06-06-2014, 02:06 PM
GL, what a horrifying tragedy to happen so close to you! My thoughts and prayers for everyone concerned. I don't get these people that do this kind of thing. Why prey on innocent people?

VA, here's hoping you are surviving this mess at work! Hang in there and hopefully it will get better for you!

WF, I hope you can see a specialist for your sinus problems soon and are feeling better.

Please add one of my nephew's wives to your prayer lists. She was burned badly in a boating accident a couple weeks ago. She was changing the battery and there was a spark from gasoline fumes and an explosion. Her and her sister was thrown in to the water but both were burned. Her sister had first degree burns and is doing fine, but Casey had some second degree burns on her knee, hands, chest, neck, and face. We are so praying that this won't be disfiguring, but she has a long road of healing ahead. She had grafts on her knee, hand, and neck and is in a lot of pain. We all know how just the smallest burn can hurt, so I can't even imagine what she is going through. She is a lovely young woman of faith and I know it has helped her through so far. She also has 3 young children and a husband that are needing prayers in dealing with it all.

Houston Baby
06-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Brooke - I have added Casey to my prayer list. I will be praying for her and her sister as well as their families. Such a painful ordeal to endure. I pray that her strong faith will help ease the pain. Please continue to let us know how she is doing.

GlennLover
06-06-2014, 04:12 PM
I will pray for her as well, Brooke. I can't imagine the pain she must be going through!

DJ
06-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Wow haven't been on here for awhile, lots going on Blessings to All!

My brother flew in today from Florida to see my Mom. It is great but hard on Mom since she thinks it may be the last time we'll all be together. She may be correct but I hope not. She has good days and bad. I just pray she doesn't get much worse and then linger on. One thing I pray I go quickly. Not today maybe in 30-35 more years, but quickly.

sodascouts
06-06-2014, 09:19 PM
Prayers to those who are suffering including your friend, Brooke.

GL - how terrifying! I'm glad he's in custody but what a shame he was able to kill three first.

WalshFan88
06-06-2014, 09:20 PM
Brooke - They are in my prayers.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-06-2014, 11:37 PM
Prayers to all who need them
So sorry austin you rechaving issues
Maybe they can go I. And clean out the sinus
So so glad its the weekend
A very tough week at work busy and it isn't a full moon till next Friday

WalshFan88
06-07-2014, 06:28 PM
Thanks everyone....

If I feel like it I have an invite to go to Current River (Missouri) for a weekend vacation next weekend from Friday til Monday and they want me to sing and play for some friends. I'm hoping I feel like it by then.

I'm now on a superbug killer dose of Doxycycline and I'm finally breathing again with the help of Afrin nose spray and Clartin-D....

VAisForEagleLovers
06-07-2014, 06:40 PM
GL, what a horrid thing to have happen.

Brooke, so sorry to hear about Casey. I hope and pray that she heals quickly and completely.

Austin, have you had an x-ray of your sinuses done to look for places where an infection might be easily gotten? I have a place where my nose was broken (softball injury) and so I got infections easily. In my case my doctor suggested I use a saline-based solution when congested and to take a decongestant at the very first sign of a problem and not wait. He said it only takes a few hours for it to get infected. In your case it sounds like you need more than that.

As for me, it's 6:30 on a Saturday evening and I'm at work. I was here from 7am to 9pm yesterday, and in at 9am today. Need to stay tonight until 9 and then again tomorrow. We are supposed to test our code in a 'sterile' environment and so far the people who own the environment have been unable to set it up for us. It's very frustrating. We don't have access to the environment and can only give advice 'blind', and my team is getting tired and impatient.

sodascouts
06-07-2014, 06:51 PM
Wow. I hope they're at least paying you overtime or something, VA.

Austin - feel better soon!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-07-2014, 07:11 PM
Wow. I hope they're at least paying you overtime or something, VA.

Nope, I don't get paid overtime...

DJ
06-07-2014, 07:20 PM
Brooke- your nephew is in my prayers
Austin- Dude get better soon! Those drugs should kick the snot out of it, no pun intended!!
GL- What a horrific story, keep safe.

Having a great visit with my brother. We just went to Walmart, whoopeeee! :partytime:

Houston Baby
06-08-2014, 11:41 AM
VA ~ hope y'all get your testing done soon. Testing is such a pain in the a__ at times but so necessary. We are doing some now since we will be getting a new system next year. Hang in there! Keep that EAGLES music playing!

Glennsallnighter
06-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Brooke, of course I will pray that Casey makes a full recovery.

Austin, good luck changing doctors. I hope they can solve your problem.

DJ, I hope your family have many more happy times together.

GL, how awful was that incident. I will pray for those brave men who were killed in the protection of others. You know, I'm glad that he was arrested and just didn't turn the gun on himself. These people need to take account for the dreadful crimes they commit, and the families of their victims are entitled to see justice done.

Another past pupil of mine died yesterday. Age 23, of a suspected overdose. What a waste of a life. 5 Pupils/Past pupils have died already this year. One had Spina Bifida and other medical problems, the others were all a result of tragic incidents. And one died the previous week in a road accident. All under the age of 25.

WalshFan88
06-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Thanks everyone. Doxycycline as prescribed by the prompt clinic I saw seems to be working. If not I'm going to ask for an xray with an ENT.

GA - How sad. :(

GL - What a horrible tragedy. :(

VA - Hang in there.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-08-2014, 08:43 PM
After 5 days of trying to get the release out the door, we finally succeeded at 6:30 this evening! Very relieved, finally. Very tired. The minimum hours worked in a day, including the two days previous to the 5 days of trying, was 11 hours. Surely wish I could get paid overtime!

GlennLover
06-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Surely wish I could get paid overtime!

You deserve it, VA! You sure went above & beyond!

GA, it'sso sad when young lives are lost, especially from ODing. That many losses in a short time is surely difficult to deal with.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-08-2014, 09:07 PM
You deserve it, VA! You sure went above & beyond!

Drinking some champagne now!

Zanny Kingston
06-08-2014, 09:17 PM
VA- Enjoy that Champagne- you more than deserve it!

Brooke
06-09-2014, 10:10 AM
VA, so glad your work ordeal is over! Good grief! Celebrate!

WF, are you floating on the Current River? I've done it and it's a blast! Hope you are feeling better and get to go!

Ga, how sad about your students.

sodascouts
06-09-2014, 10:46 PM
GA -so sad when young life gets cut short. I have a close friend whose brother died of an overdose in his early 20s. So tragic.

VA - glad you got your project completed!

WalshFan88
06-10-2014, 01:01 AM
WF, are you floating on the Current River? I've done it and it's a blast! Hope you are feeling better and get to go!

I'm gonna try. Should be interesting! :hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
06-10-2014, 07:52 AM
For those of you who aren't into this sort of thing, please indulge me a moment...

Last week when doing the software release, and it wasn't going well, and it was obviously configuration issues we, the contractor, could not have remotely even guessed at, the customer was dead set on finding a way to blame it on us. It was very stressful and upsetting, besides the emotions of a failed release no matter who was at fault. In the late afternoon, I got a phone call from my sister, I let it go to voicemail since I was busy. She had no idea I was still at work or that I was under such stress or anything. She just wanted to let me know she was praying for me and that everything would be OK, and that I'd been on her mind all afternoon.

I nearly broke into tears! I needed some prayer, of course, but I also needed to know someone cared enough to pray for me without even knowing what I was going through. The best place to be is in someone's prayers, IMO. It was definitely what got me through the day and through the week.

I want to thank everyone here who had me in their prayers as well. It means a lot to me.

Houston Baby
06-10-2014, 09:05 AM
How touching VA and what a wonderful sister! This brings tears to my eyes. The importance of family in our lives is immeasurable!

And you know the people on this board are always willing and ready to send prayers for any and all in need! Hope the rest of this week is a lot easier for you!

Brooke
06-10-2014, 01:36 PM
VA, that is just awesome! :hug:

My nephew's wife came home from the hospital Saturday and her healing is going very well. The doctors told her it would take 9 to 12 months for her recovery so she has a long way to go, but at least it is going well. Thank you for remembering her in your prayers.

Houston Baby
06-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Brooke ~ I was just wondering this morning on the way to work how Casey was doing. This is wonderful news! I'm so happy that she is now at home. Hopefully everyone (friends, neighbors and family) are making sure she takes it easy and everyone is helping with the children, cooking and cleaning. It will be a long road and I will continue to keep them in my prayers.

WalshFan88
06-10-2014, 03:50 PM
VA - I'm glad the release is over. And a very nice story about your sister.

Brooke - Continued prayers for her. Hope she gets well soon!!!

--------

It looks as if I'll be going to Current River on Thursday. Tomorrow night I'm staying at my grandma/stepgrandpas and then in the morning we drive to Current River and I'll be back home Tuesday.

Brooke
06-10-2014, 04:28 PM
HB, yes, everyone (family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, church) has been wonderful helping her and her family out. His parents and brothers live close by too, and her family aren't too far either.

Thanks so much!

WF, have fun! Don't turn your canoe over, the water is COLD! (spring fed river) We did canoes which flip over very easily. Needless to say, mine did a time or two! There are other types of boats to rent too though.

Houston Baby
06-10-2014, 08:35 PM
Have fun Austin! !

VAisForEagleLovers
06-11-2014, 08:15 PM
Well, it's official. I will be laid off on 9/15 as will the rest of my team. I'm not really worried about me as I'm pretty sure the next company will offer me a job (for less money), but I'm really worried about my team. I feel terrible about this. For myself, I will look for another job, and it's nice to know I'm not tied to any one location. I went out to Dice and did a search on all locations, and I liked the possibilities...

Houston Baby
06-11-2014, 08:24 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this VA. I hope everyone will find a job quickly. How many are on your team?

VAisForEagleLovers
06-11-2014, 09:10 PM
I manage a team of 20. 9 of those are sub-contractors. One person on the team have worked for this company for twenty years. Three of them for fifteen years. I talked to upper management today and didn't get the impression that they'd really attempt to find any of them jobs.

Several of my coworkers and my manager have referenced Facebook posts I've made and they aren't my FB friends. I have to wonder how many have found me here. Hmmm.

Brooke
06-12-2014, 09:52 AM
I'm sorry to hear this, VA. What a bummer, you relocated for this job and then this? Did you have any idea it wasn't permanent?

VAisForEagleLovers
06-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Yes, I did know the end of the contract was coming up, and in spite of having the contract for nearly 20 years, my gut feel was that we wouldn't get the next contract. I felt that being here to network would work out better for me, and I was right. Now, since I'm not tied to a house payment, I can go anywhere if I elect not to stay here.

thelastresort
06-12-2014, 02:35 PM
Sorry to hear that VA, and enjoy the break WF. Hope everything's well with everyone else and prayers as appropriate.

-------------------

Had my final exam today so it's now time to get quite abhorrently drunk. Yay :D Clear run now to some concert thing next Wednesday. Can't remember for the life of me who I'm seeing though...

Brooke
06-12-2014, 02:46 PM
At least you weren't blindsided then, VA. Good luck with whatever comes up next!

tlr, have fun, but be careful! You don't want to miss that event next week!

I just ordered this for my little man:

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=94884&vid=1&pid=925813012

I know he will be adorable in it and it will make me smile every time I see him in it cause it's my favorite Eagles song ever!

prayfordaylight
06-13-2014, 08:33 AM
Good luck VA!

tlr - Enjoy!

LOVE the onesie Brooke!

sodascouts
06-13-2014, 01:43 PM
VA - I'm so sorry. Prayers that you are able to find something better than what they're going to offer you elsewhere, in a better work environment.

Brooke - Adore and oh-so-appropriate from such an Eagle lover!

TLR - hope you did well on your exams!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-13-2014, 03:16 PM
Brooke, too cute!!

DJ
06-13-2014, 08:22 PM
Sorry to hear of your layoff VA, it's a rough work world these days.

I haven't been officially employed for 8 months and now taking care of my Mom I've had to stop looking. I just consider my layoff a sign of my days that were to following having to care for Mom full time. So all in all things work out for the best it seems.

Glennsallnighter
06-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Do you get carers a allowance DJ?

VA! Sorry to hear about you being laid off, I hope you get something good to follow this contract.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-17-2014, 10:06 AM
Hi Guys-

First , VA, I am so sorry about the job situation.
You have great talent and a positive attitude so I know something will come up and will work out. When God closes a door he opens a window, right?

Well I just returned early this am from Chicago..
we left on Thursday and drove out to see our son graduate with his masters degree from DePaul University.

It has been an exhausting 6 days . You got to walk or take the train everywhere there and you know its hard to sleep in a hotel . Yep exhausted is the word for today. Laundry is the second word for the day .lol

MISSED YOU ALL , lol but I gotta say in the hard rock in Chicago, they played hc from hfo on the video and a clip from almost famous as soon as we sat down to order.... wonder fi someone told them a "borderbuddy" was in the house

Brooke
06-17-2014, 10:14 AM
TT, how nice you got to go see your son graduate! Congrats to him! I know about sleeping in hotels, too. I don't do very well either! Glad you are back! Take it easy! :wink:

Tiffanny Twisted
06-17-2014, 10:20 AM
Ah thanks Brooke. it was an exhausting trip.
I still cant believe he graduated with a masters in economics and policy analysis.
I haven't been able to help him with homework since he was in the 5th grade lol

VAisForEagleLovers
06-17-2014, 08:57 PM
TT, Congrats on your son's graduation!! Seems like it was only yesterday, he started this out by hitting a bear in Bedford, PA!

For myself, I found out this morning that a co-worker died of pancreatic cancer over the weekend. It had attacked very suddenly, and while he was operated on two weeks ago, they couldn't stop it, or even slow it down. So very depressing.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-17-2014, 10:50 PM
va

I am sorry for your loss. that's what took my aunt and she went in 14 days. again my prayers and sympathy.

yep you are correct, Thanks for remembering lol.
Let me tell you I was a nervous wreck when we were driving through Bedford and thinking of what had happened to him.

I thought a lot about you driving through pa (especially every rest stop we hit that had a "you are here" Pittsburgh pa starbucks cup )

It was a long ride out and back but we listened to a lot of eagles and Chicago and earth wind and fire so we survived.

ANd not wanting to put all those miles on our vehicles, we rented a car but tonight when I called my aunt she said Oh thought you were worried about the bears...
so I guess he will never ever live that one down.

sodascouts
06-17-2014, 11:02 PM
TT - graduations are always a great moment! Glad you had a good trip.

VA - I'm very sorry to hear about your colleague.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-18-2014, 05:37 PM
thanks soda

WalshFan88
06-19-2014, 09:54 PM
TT - Congrats on the graduation!

VA - So sorry to hear this. :(

-------

My trip to current river was fun. I floated and it was quite fun. I forgot to put sunblock on my legs and they were burnt to a crisp but other than that it was a great trip! :hilarious:

Brooke
06-20-2014, 10:16 AM
WF, glad you had a good time despite burning your legs! :brickwall: :fingerwag:

thelastresort
06-20-2014, 12:37 PM
Move out of uni tomorrow. First year done. Feel quite genuinely sad in a way, so much has happened, I've met some great people and have some amazing memories. So weird living with a bunch of people who become great friends before you all disappear back to your respective hometowns and don't see each other for a quarter of a year until September. The last few other flatmates moved out today so I have a very quiet and lonely evening in store, with a documentary on the Great Plains and whatever alcohol they never took home. Summer should be decent but I feel slightly hollow right now :(

Brooke
06-20-2014, 01:42 PM
tlr, congrats on getting through your first year! Enjoy your summer at home!

sodascouts
06-20-2014, 03:14 PM
Austin - aloe REALLY helps me when I have a burn. If you're still in pain, try it.

tlr - I know the feeling. Maybe you guys can keep in touch through social media while you're all off for the summer.

bluefeather
06-21-2014, 08:57 AM
congrats to your son TT

remember the sunblock next time Austin:fingerwag: glad that you had a good time anyway:)

Tiffanny Twisted
06-21-2014, 04:28 PM
austin glad it was a fun trip:thumbsup:

tlr I think it is all part of the circle of life.:brickwall:

thanks again all for well wishes for our son:partytime:

just trying to get back in to the swing of things

last week at this time we were at the field museum then dinner at the hard rock in Chicago
boy I miss my kid

WalshFan88
06-23-2014, 01:58 PM
Austin - aloe REALLY helps me when I have a burn. If you're still in pain, try it.

Thanks! It did work.

DJ
06-23-2014, 05:47 PM
Congrats TT on your son's accomplishment!

Just enjoying the warm weather about 85 and hanging out this my kids. My son finally got an apt lined up for next school year, big load off my mind. I agree with when one door closes a window opens I just can't seem to find that window.

I'm not sure who asked but I did get what we call unemployment income for 28 weeks that is gone now and even though I worked 35 yrs straight you only get it for the last two quarters that you worked. RIP OFF some can get it longer but it depends when they started their claim...

Tiffanny Twisted
06-23-2014, 06:10 PM
Austin glad you are feeling better

dj
glad son found an apt and thanks for well wishes on our son

having bad allergies yesterday and today.
I am a lot better now that I am home. at work I could not stop sneezing
went through a whole box of tissues in one day

maybe I am allergic to my work:hilarious:

bluefeather
06-23-2014, 08:14 PM
oh that unemployment income thing sounds a bit unfair, I'm sorry for you DJ, nice that you'r enjoying the weather with your kids though:)

sodascouts
06-23-2014, 10:21 PM
Feel better, TT!

DJ, I'm sorry about your unemployment running out so soon. I hope that window opens up before long.

EaglesKiwi
06-23-2014, 10:39 PM
I'm going through the job application thing at the moment. After 13 years in my last role, it's an interesting (and sometimes: utterly terrifying) experience to say the least!

EaglesKiwi
06-23-2014, 10:43 PM
The last few other flatmates moved out today so I have a very quiet and lonely evening in store, with a documentary on the Great Plains and whatever alcohol they never took home. (
Students leaving alcohol undrunk? Wouldn't happen down here!

Hang in there, TLR. Sometimes it helps to miss people occasionally, makes it easier to cope with them annoying you when they do come back. :nahnah:

Brooke
06-24-2014, 10:08 AM
TT, hope you feel better soon!

DJ and EK, hope your job searches find something soon. I know it's tough out there! DJ, no way to get an extension on the unemployment?

Not much happening in my life these days. Our daughter came home for the night last night, so we had a good visit. She just lives a couple hours away, but with work, she doesn't get home much.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-27-2014, 08:49 PM
Hey, all! Seems like more than a few of us are looking for jobs. A small bit of good news for me, after I signed my lease last year I was told they don't do month to month at the end of a lease. Only 12, 6 and 3 month leases. So I've been a bit stressed as my job runs out in the midst of any of those. Today they sent me a letter and said I can go month to month, so that's a relief.

Tomorrow, I'm going to Churchill Downs for the afternoon. I'm so excited! A guy I work with has retired, today was his last day, and he's part owner of a race horse, so his retirement party is during the races tomorrow. Hopefully, my Instagram and Facebook page will be full of pics tomorrow.

SallyGee
06-27-2014, 09:24 PM
DJ & EK good luck with the job search. I really believe everything happens for a reason. You will get the job you are supposed to get when you are supposed to get it.
VA good news about your apartment . Have fun tomorrow.
TT congratulations to your son. And to you. My daughter is in the process of applying to Grad School now. It's going to take her a while because she'll be working full time and going to school part time.

DJ
06-27-2014, 09:31 PM
Doing laundry and enjoying watching Herman try and take the bandana I put on his neck off! It's a hoot. I've never had a dog like him, he tries to bury his chew toys in the couch cushions. It's a riot to watch him, he uses his nose to push it in between the cushions and then pretends there's dirt to cover it. It's so fun. He's so darn cute.

Houston Baby
06-27-2014, 10:53 PM
I wish everyone looking for a job right now good luck and hoping you get a job perfect for you and sooner rather than later.

DJ - Sounds like Herman has quite the personality!

VA - Have fun at the races tomorrow! Enjoy the down time.

sad-cafe
06-28-2014, 01:01 AM
I've miss ya all. How are things?

Tiffanny Twisted
06-28-2014, 10:44 AM
sally gee I will keep her in my prayers .
our son worked in his field then realized he needed a masters so he saved his money and when he got accepted quit his job and went full time and moved away from home to boot. thank you for the congrats

VA
have a great day at the races. kick back and just relax and have some fun.
good to hear about your living situation.....takes a load off your mind I am sure.

DJ
love the herman story....
sounds like a character and a comedian at the same time

Trying to rest ..and catch up around here.
Had a "crazy " day yesterday . I was so tired I seem to be sleeping good one night and badly the next. Sometimes with my allergies I cant breath to well and it really effects my sleep.

Also am on a rush to finish a baby blanket..lol
Now this person is measuring at 37 weeks so baby is coming way earlier than we thought and she is now on bed rest with this baby so I am quickly crocheting the blanket cause she wants it to take the baby home from the hospital in .

have a great sat everyone

bluefeather
06-28-2014, 11:37 AM
enjoy VA!

DJ-:hilarious:that Herman sounds funny and cute:)

VAisForEagleLovers
06-28-2014, 01:08 PM
It poured rain all morning and it's a 60% chance of thunderstorms, so I elected not to go. It would be different if I could dress for the weather, but I'm not walking through parking lots and sitting through an outdoor event in dress clothes!

Houston Baby
06-28-2014, 03:03 PM
Bummer Va! It's raining in H-town too.

bluefeather
06-28-2014, 04:09 PM
sorry to hear that Va

Tiffanny Twisted
06-28-2014, 06:47 PM
sorry verna.

sunny here and no humidity yeah intill Monday

bluefeather
06-29-2014, 02:17 PM
it's an awful June here, raining, windy and only 53-59 F most of the time, arrgh
the weather is especially bad for our annual Middle Ages theme festival even though it's so popular people come anyway, the festival ended today and I was a bit sad about it because it's always the highlight of my summer:-(

tjh532
06-30-2014, 02:13 PM
I've miss ya all. How are things?

How are YOU doing SC? How are your treatments going? Hope you are feeling well.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-30-2014, 10:05 PM
I mentioned to a friend who's also my new manager that I needed to take two days off next week. She asked where the Eagles were playing. She was surprised to hear I wasn't going to a concert.

Since all my employees will be without jobs in Sept., they seem to all be joining Linked In. Let me just say I detest Linked In?! I logged in to accept connections, endorse people, and start writing recommendations for those who work for me, and in my connection list are two people I've never heard of. They are 1st tier connections that I never accepted.

Houston Baby
07-02-2014, 10:40 AM
I am keeping you in my prayers SC.

DJ
07-05-2014, 07:08 PM
My Mom passed away today at the age of 80. She had been so sick with cancer it is a blessing for her. I will miss her greatly. :sad:

Witchy Woman
07-05-2014, 09:05 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss, DJ. My best wishes to you and your family.

bluefeather
07-05-2014, 09:09 PM
sorry for your loss DJ:hug:

VAisForEagleLovers
07-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Oh, no, DJ! I'm so sorry to hear this. It's good that you can look at it as a blessing for her, but I know it's still hard to accept that got to that point to begin with. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

ktdids
07-05-2014, 10:02 PM
So sorry for your loss DJ, best wishes to you and your family during this tough time.

Freypower
07-05-2014, 11:31 PM
I send you & your family my sympathy, DJ.

Glennsallnighter
07-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Awww DJ. I'm so sorry for your loss. I will pray for you, your Mom and your family for comfort and support through this sad time. May she rest in peace.

tjh532
07-06-2014, 10:24 PM
So sorry DJ. You and your family will be in my prayers.

sad-cafe
07-07-2014, 03:08 AM
Thanks for the prayers everyone I offer mine to those in need my infusions have been adjusted to monthly hopefully this works for a while

sad-cafe
07-07-2014, 03:11 AM
Oh we have a cd stuck in our Jeep - disk one of longroad

Houston Baby
07-07-2014, 06:55 AM
DJ - I am so sorry for your loss. You can take comfort that your mom is at peace & free of pain & that you took care of her as her journey was completed. You & your family have my prayers & deepest condolences.

Brooke
07-07-2014, 02:11 PM
DJ, I'm so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

DJ
07-07-2014, 07:09 PM
Thanking everyone for the well wishes. Life is a journey and a mystery of which we must go through luckily we all have people in our lives who love and care for us to make it a worthwhile journey. :angel:

tjh532
07-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Thanking everyone for the well wishes. Life is a journey and a mystery of which we must go through luckily we all have people in our lives who love and care for us to make it a worthwhile journey. :angel:

What a wonderful outlook DJ! and I'm glad that you have a support system around you to help you through this time.

SC - glad to hear that you are still hangin' in there :) Hopefully the treatment plan will work for you!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-09-2014, 04:45 PM
Some good news to report... my brother and sister in-law are on their way to visit and should be here in about an hour! Looking forward to spending some time with them!

Brooke
07-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Have fun with them, VA!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-09-2014, 05:26 PM
I think we'll be hitting the Bourbon Trail tomorrow. :D

Houston Baby
07-09-2014, 08:47 PM
Have fun VA!

SallyGee
07-09-2014, 08:57 PM
DJ So sorry for your loss. Keep your memories close.

Thirsty&Hot
07-12-2014, 10:01 PM
I got back earlier this week from a wonderful 10 day vacation to Vegas and California.
Bobby and I landed in Vegas...spent a couple of days there and saw a friend that lives there. Then we drove down to LA for a night and a day, where we also saw a friend of mine.

While we were in LA, we went to a cool 70s themed bar called Good Times at Davey Wayne's (http://goodtimesatdaveywaynes.com/). It was so much fun. When you walk up to it, it looks like someone's garage sale out of their literal garage...vintage items are actually for sale and there's a beer fridge and everything. except, the retro fridge is actually the entrance to the bar! When you enter the bar, it's like you're going to someone's groovy house party. the entire place is decorated like an ultra hip 70s pad (including carpeting on the walls and ceiling in one area) and a back yard with astroturf and macrame hammock hanging chairs. the cocktail prices are modern at $12 a pop haha, but they were yummy. They also had beer that was cheaper.

all 70s music ALL the time.

at one point my friend went to the DJ and said "my friend loves the EAGLES" and he gave her a thumbs up sign and said "you got it!"
and the NEXT song was Take It Easy!!! :thumbsup:
That almost NEVER happens when you ask a DJ to play a song. it never comes on next. you usually have to wait for it.
The enchanted retro fridge
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/8DB058C9-5A4C-4CA4-87FA-24F4D61F95E5_zpsbowexfc3.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/8DB058C9-5A4C-4CA4-87FA-24F4D61F95E5_zpsbowexfc3.jpg.html)

my friend Ranee and I having "good times" (I'm the raven haired one on the right)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/71593830-8996-4368-A620-750832DE9688_zpsgx1nkob4.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/71593830-8996-4368-A620-750832DE9688_zpsgx1nkob4.jpg.html)

my man (notice the wall carpeting!)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/b0ed5826-6da0-4ab8-be7e-9152462eefba_zpse42381ba.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/b0ed5826-6da0-4ab8-be7e-9152462eefba_zpse42381ba.jpg.html)

The next day we biked about 12 miles all along Venice Beach past Santa Monica and back.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/raneebobbyandIbikingVeniceBeach_zpsec4b8c7f.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/raneebobbyandIbikingVeniceBeach_zpsec4b8c7f.jpg.ht ml)

That night we had Old Fashioneds at Tana's !:applause:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/CC49442C-1E4C-42B0-A338-EAF7A95FD04F_zpscvjht7qo.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/CC49442C-1E4C-42B0-A338-EAF7A95FD04F_zpscvjht7qo.jpg.html)
As I'm sure most, if not all, of you know, that's where the boys used to eat/drink next door to the Troubadour. It was said (in the HotE doc) that Glenn came up with the idea for Lyin' Eyes at Tana's bar.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/5E55EF0C-5459-4AE9-A790-BC85CAEA9DCD_zpsujeuv14y.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/5E55EF0C-5459-4AE9-A790-BC85CAEA9DCD_zpsujeuv14y.jpg.html)
The man next to me actually ended up becoming quite enamored with me and it turns out that he's a regular (to the bartender's dismay ha ha) and Johnny Luft, the son of Lynn Bari, stepson of Judy Garland, and step brother of Liza Minelli.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/23e8b556-594f-4613-b543-2abfa8b2ac50_zps444aab29.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/23e8b556-594f-4613-b543-2abfa8b2ac50_zps444aab29.jpg.html)
my guess is that old bartender on the wall was probably the one behind the bar back in the good ol' days.

It was pretty funny when we arrived (around 11pm) because the bartender (who was probably in his 30s also, maybe early 40s) asked us...(not in a rude way) "what are you guys doing here? just come from a show next door (the Troubadour)?" we smiled and shook our heads no. "well, where did you come from? what do you want? we don't have bulleit (a bourbon that actually is quite good)"
I was cracking up!
my friend was like "we came from my apartment" haha.

I guess he was not used to seeing such a "young" crowd (though, we are all over 30).
but he was very nice and I had a great time!

As I sat there, I wondered where Glenn used to sit. I didn't end up asking the bartender about it because I figured he wouldn't have any first hand stories for me since he clearly wasn't bartending back then!

and of course I snapped a photo of the Troubadour next door even though I didn't get to see a show there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/c21774cb-fdab-4573-97cc-021e294c740e_zpsb3443303.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/c21774cb-fdab-4573-97cc-021e294c740e_zpsb3443303.jpg.html)

Alright...I know this is becoming a novel!
I'm not going to go into a lot of detail about the rest of the trip since it isn't Eagles' related.

but I will just say...after we left LA we headed up the Pacific Coast Highway and spent a night in San Luis Obispo, then headed up to Pacific Grove in Monterey Bay for the remainder of the trip. We hiked Big Sur and had wonderful adventures. It was gorgeousl! I will be posting pictures on facebook and my website once I get to them.

the biggest news I have is Bobby proposed to me by the ocean in Monterey, California!!! Though it's about time (we celebrated 12 years in April), I was completely surprised!
It was absolutely beautiful and with the sound of the waves and the lights of Santa Cruz across the bay. I cried haha...in a good way!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/a2d5ff09-2a66-47e5-a8b7-da9369ffbad2_zpsb643b698.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/a2d5ff09-2a66-47e5-a8b7-da9369ffbad2_zpsb643b698.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/myring_zps2534c22f.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/myring_zps2534c22f.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/photo33_zpsd1d9604c.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/photo33_zpsd1d9604c.jpg.html)

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:: heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::h eart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::he art:

Houston Baby
07-12-2014, 10:49 PM
Congratulations & best wishes T&H! Sounded like a fantastic trip & that was before the proposal. The 70's bar sounds so cool & I love that you were soaking up all the Dan Tana atmosphere & history. I know I loved being there in January with my Border friends.

Congratulations to Bobby too! What a memorable proposal! And I love your ring - it is beautiful! Sounds like it was worth the wait. Here's to many more memorable occasions!

Tiffanny Twisted
07-13-2014, 11:04 AM
CONGRADULATIONS TIFF...:heart:YEAH :heart:

I especially love the one where you guys are hand and hand on the beach....might make a great one for the wedding program picture .....

VAisForEagleLovers
07-13-2014, 11:24 AM
TT, that's a good idea...

T&H, I congratulated you on Facebook (or Instagram), but I'll do it again here. I'm so happy for you and it really speaks well of him to set it all up so well. After 12 years, it would be really easy to make it a conversation instead of a proposal, so it was incredibly sweet of him to make it so romantic and a moment you'll both always remember.

My life... My brother and SIL just left a little while ago. Those who've seen the FB posts, you know we went a lot of places and did a lot of things. The tour at Jim Beam was actually very informative, and while I'm not a bourbon drinker, I did enjoy sipping a half a shot of single barrel bourbon (Knob Creek) and a half of Devils Cut.

At work on Friday, I found out that some of the customers found out I'm looking for a job. I guess they went into panic mode, and talked to others, wanting to know if it's true. Seriously. They make it so that IT is not part of the extension of the contract, so I'll be out of a job, and they are upset that I'm looking for a job? Another one was upset that I wouldn't call in on Friday for a meeting on something that won't even start until I'm long gone. When I mentioned not seeing the need to listen in on it, especially while on vacation, they asked 'why'. I reminded her that we in IT will be gone and it will pass to someone else. She looked shocked like it was the first she ever added two and two and got four. She's now in a panic that all the ones who know what they're doing will be off the project, and I'm thinking...ummm...hello? It's so hard to say what I'll find when I get back to work tomorrow...

Houston Baby
07-13-2014, 02:20 PM
I think tomorrow will be interesting for you VA. Who knows what else has developed while you were gone.

Tiffanny Twisted
07-13-2014, 05:57 PM
va I so love that expression " like two and two is finally equaling four "

glad you had a nice vaca

just doing laundry and trying to relax today..
its just too hot so I am camped out in the airconditioning with a good nook book

Witchy Woman
07-13-2014, 11:03 PM
That's awesome, T&H !! Congratulations !!

sodascouts
07-14-2014, 12:29 AM
CONGRATULATIONS T&H!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/myring_zps2534c22f.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/myring_zps2534c22f.jpg.html)

It's beautiful! What an amazing end to what sounds like an incredible trip. I'll have to check out that bar sometime!

Koala
07-14-2014, 04:30 AM
T&H Congratulations.

I've missed so much again!:brickwall: I dont want it!
I am happy for all who have something to look forward to. I pray and think to all which going through a difficult time. my English was even better! Sorry

Brooke
07-14-2014, 10:57 AM
T&H, thanks for sharing your trip with us! It sounds like you all had a great time!

And, congratulations on your engagement! What an awesome proposal and your ring is just beautiful! :applause:

I also like tt's idea for the program!

Molly
07-14-2014, 11:14 AM
Congratulations on your engagement, T&H! I was struck by how much you resemble my brand new daughter in law, Audra.

Yup, I'm officially a mother in law. My son, Tom and Audra were married this past Friday.

Houston Baby
07-14-2014, 12:25 PM
Congratulations & best wishes to them Molly!

Brooke
07-14-2014, 03:12 PM
Molly, congratulations to them!

Thirsty&Hot
07-14-2014, 03:14 PM
Thank you everyone for the congratulations!! :) (and for reading my novel of a post! haha)

I'm so happy for you and it really speaks well of him to set it all up so well. After 12 years, it would be really easy to make it a conversation instead of a proposal, so it was incredibly sweet of him to make it so romantic and a moment you'll both always remember.

VA, this is a really sweet way of looking at it! you're so right. it really does make it much more special this way! Bobby is an absolute sweetheart :xoxo: :inlove: :heart:

also, I'm a little out of the loop...but sorry you're going through stressful times at work ..and having to look for a new job! Glad you had a nice vacation though!

and Molly, congratulations to you on your son's wedding! I'd love to see what Audra looks like (since I look like her haha) :)

bluefeather
07-14-2014, 05:41 PM
CONGRATULATIONS T&H your ring is really beautiful as is your story about the proposal:applause::heart:
also, your trip sounds great, I'd like to have one like that as well

congrats to you Molly and all the best to your son and his wife:)

argh how irritating situation VA, I hope things will work out for you

Tiffanny Twisted
07-14-2014, 06:14 PM
yes Tiff I so love that picture of you guys holding hands with the pacific in the backround...just a great shot...

gives me a peaceful easy feeling just looking at it sweetie.

Thirsty&Hot
07-14-2014, 06:46 PM
thanks TT!

and oh yeah I forgot to mention that it IS a good idea for the photo to be featured in the wedding somehow perhaps! I do love that one myself :) I just wish my fitbit wasn't in the photo haha

Freypower
07-14-2014, 07:10 PM
Congratulations on your engagement, T&H! I was struck by how much you resemble my brand new daughter in law, Audra.

Yup, I'm officially a mother in law. My son, Tom and Audra were married this past Friday.

Congratulations to you & your family, Sheryl.

Congratulations to you too, T&H.

tjh532
07-15-2014, 12:51 AM
Congrats T&H! Sounds like you've got a real catch :)

sad-cafe
07-15-2014, 03:08 AM
Really awesome congratulations

Glennsallnighter
07-15-2014, 06:07 AM
I know I got you on FB Tiffany, but for the record here also

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT TIFFANY:heart:BOBBY

I hope you both have a wonderful life together filled with peace and happiness.

Glennsallnighter
07-15-2014, 06:14 AM

Wonderful congratulations to Tom and Audra Molly, and to their little son too. It's great that your family have had something as positive as this to focus on this year, and I'm sure Peters presence and happiness for Tom and Audra was felt at their wedding too.

Koala, welcome back. Your English is fine as always.

Thirsty&Hot
07-15-2014, 07:03 PM
thanks bluefeather, FP, tjh, sc, and Elizabeth...thanks again <3!!!

I woke up to Peaceful Easy Feeling on the radio alarm this morning :)

prayfordaylight
07-16-2014, 11:46 AM
I'm so behind here. Congrats to everyone!

DJ
07-16-2014, 12:17 PM
Congrats to All!

sodascouts
07-16-2014, 08:09 PM

May they have a wonderful journey through life together!

Koala
07-17-2014, 02:21 AM
Koala, welcome back. Your English is fine as always.

Thank you!:)

Brooke
07-17-2014, 04:49 PM
I won't be around beginning Saturday. Hubby and I are headed to South Dakota to see the Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, and the Black Hills for our 40th anniversary! I'm still not quite believing that we are going as he is just not a traveler, but....we are leaving early Saturday and probably won't be back till Thursday or Friday. I'm getting very excited!

zeldabjr
07-17-2014, 06:21 PM
oh Brooke...sounds like a wonderful trip...I have always wanted to see Mt. Rushmore...Have a great time...can't wait to see pics!!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-17-2014, 07:39 PM
Have a good time, Brooke!!!! Sounds like you will!

sodascouts
07-17-2014, 11:34 PM
Have a wonderful trip with hubby, Brooke!

tjh532
07-18-2014, 12:01 PM
It's beautiful country up there - have a great trip Brooke :)

Glennsallnighter
07-18-2014, 12:58 PM
Enjoy your trip Brooke and hubby! And congrats on 40 years of marriage. Maybe this trip will inspire a love of travel in your hubby and will only be the start of many adventures

bluefeather
07-18-2014, 02:09 PM
WOW beautiful Brooke enjoy and congrats on your anniversary

the Dylan gig was FABULOUS:bow:(no pics allowed:-() and I had really nice time hanging out in the festival area and in the town where it was, bought Desire album for only 10 euros from the festival, yay

Brooke
07-18-2014, 04:25 PM
Thanks everyone! I think this is the start of my bucket list! :yay:

bf, glad you had a good time!

WalshFan88
07-18-2014, 11:01 PM
T&H and Molly - Congrats!

DJ - So sorry to hear about your mother.

Brooke - Have fun!

--------

Sitting here in Nashville...home on Sunday. Mini vacation for the NAMM trade show and catching up with old friends. Nothing healthwise other than to see an orthopedic surgeon in early August for my hips. I had my hips pinned in '07 and they are really bothering me. He told me back then I'd have to have early hip replacement but I bet he wasn't thinking this early. I'm ready, if that's what he thinks is best. Obviously something less drastic would be nice. I know it's invasive but it's not like I need my original hips - I'm not an athlete. :hilarious: On the contrary, the way they are now is extremely immobilizing. He's gotta do something as Ibuprofen doesn't cut the mustard anymore. Tomorrow at the convention center shall be interesting, lol. I've been taking 4 Advil anytime I'm walking more than a block away.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-18-2014, 11:07 PM
T&H and Molly - Congrats!

DJ - So sorry to hear about your mother.

Brooke - Have fun!

--------

Sitting here in Nashville...home on Sunday. Mini vacation for the NAMM trade show and catching up with old friends. Nothing healthwise other than to see an orthopedic surgeon in early August for my hips. I had my hips pinned in '07 and they are really bothering me. He told me back then I'd have to have early hip replacement but I bet he wasn't thinking this early. I'm ready, if that's what he thinks is best. Obviously something less drastic would be nice. I know it's invasive but it's not like I need my original hips - I'm not an athlete. :hilarious: On the contrary, the way they are now is extremely immobilizing. He's gotta do something as Ibuprofen doesn't cut the mustard anymore. Tomorrow at the convention center shall be interesting, lol. I've been taking 4 Advil anytime I'm walking more than a block away.

Have you tried Aleve / naproxen sodium? It's not much better, but it is a little stronger. Might help until something more can be done. I hope it goes well for you.

Have fun in Nashville!

WalshFan88
07-18-2014, 11:10 PM
Have you tried Aleve / naproxen sodium? It's not much better, but it is a little stronger. Might help until something more can be done. I hope it goes well for you.

Have fun in Nashville!

No but I might try that... I've tried the Bayer Back and Body stuff...didn't work..same with Tylenol. I'm going to try Aleve and see if it helps. When my hips crunch audibly it's time to do something. The days of snap, crackle, and pop are gone. Now it's crunch, grind, and grate! :hilarious: