PDA

View Full Version : Going to NYC, will they change setlist?????

jkyle01
08-18-2013, 06:33 AM
I saw the Eagles in July at Mohegan Sun Arena Uncasville CT (2 minutes from home's front door to the parking lot ) Loved the show so much I went home and bought 8th row tickets for one of November's MSG NYC dates.

YES...stripped down concert and so perfect...perfect! Although, I love the song: New York Minute..anyone out there think there could possibly be a setlist change and they might play it in NYC????

Freypower
08-18-2013, 06:49 PM
I saw the Eagles in July at Mohegan Sun Arena Uncasville CT (2 minutes from home's front door to the parking lot ) Loved the show so much I went home and bought 8th row tickets for one of November's MSG NYC dates.

YES...stripped down concert and so perfect...perfect! Although, I love the song: New York Minute..anyone out there think there could possibly be a setlist change and they might play it in NYC????

Welcome, but I think it is highly unlikely that they will play New York Minute.

Topkat
08-18-2013, 07:10 PM
I doubt it. They use an orchestra for that song.

zeldabjr
08-18-2013, 07:15 PM
we went to see them in Vegas for the New Year holiday last year...well it was 12/30...and thought they might do Funky New Year...they didn't...darn...so I'm saying no...but you never know...

Henley Honey
08-18-2013, 07:22 PM
I'd love to hear Hole In The World again live, but I don't think they'll change the set list.

zeldabjr
08-18-2013, 07:49 PM
I'd love to hear Hole In The World again live, but I don't think they'll change the set list.

oh wouldn't that give us all chills...hearing that song in NYC??!!

VAisForEagleLovers
08-18-2013, 09:49 PM

I was thinking it would be nice if they played it in Sept. For an anniversary thing. Like in Seattle. I'd cry the whole way through it, but I'd still love to hear it.

Freypower
08-18-2013, 11:42 PM
By the way there is brief footage of them doing in in HOTE. They must have done it a couple of times during the HFO tour. Obviously there is no orchestra so it could be done, but given that most solo songs have been dropped to emphasise the band, I can't see it being revived after all this time.

sodascouts
08-19-2013, 12:25 AM
"New York Minute" was played on the first leg of the Hell Freezes Over tour, which did not include an orchestra (that element was solely for the video). Still, since it hasn't been played in quite some time by the band live, I'd say the odds were still pretty low.

Glennsallnighter
08-19-2013, 02:41 AM
I can't see them changing the set.ist either. They have put out a formula which works and is being very well received by audiences and critics alike for the most part. While we all have favourites we know tbey could never accommodate everyone, or every city.

'Why fix it if it ain't broken....?'

Can't wait to see this new show. 12 weeks.......

Freypower
08-19-2013, 06:49 PM
I can't see them changing the set.ist either. They have put out a formula which works and is being very well received by audiences and critics alike for the most part. While we all have favourites we know tbey could never accommodate everyone, or every city.

'Why fix it if it ain't broken....?'

Can't wait to see this new show. 12 weeks.......

GA, this is one of my least favourite sayings. In my view there is always room for improvement or change in anything. There are currently no songs from LROOE in the setlist, which I think is absurd.

Brooke
08-20-2013, 10:13 AM
I hope they don't change anything unless they would add a song or two from LROOE. I think it's a shame it has been left out completely, but I really don't want anything dropped either. :hmm: