PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite CSI (TV Show)

WalshFan88
08-20-2013, 12:07 PM
TT inspired me to make a thread....

I posted in the "What Are You Doing" thread that Miami is my favorite because of this reason:

Miami is my favorite, for the biggest reason most hate it - I love David Caruso's intensity. Some consider it exaggeration or dramatic, but that's the very reason I love it. I love it being over the top, keeps it exciting. I lost interest in CSI: Vegas after Grissom left as I miss his mystery he added and CSI: NY puts me to sleep lol, it's totally boring and no excitement.

But I was curious to see which location/show is your favorite. For me Vegas lost it's appeal to me when Ray started and Gil left, and NY has been kind of uninteresting and a bit too serious for my tastes. And Miami has always been good for me at least, I'm a huge fan of Horatio's dramatic personality as mentioned above. I like it, no matter how unrealistic it may be at times, LOL. And I have no shame to admit I have a bit of a crush on Calleigh! :hilarious:

Witchy Woman
08-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Mine will always be the original CSI. I love William Petersen and I really miss the Gil Grissom character. I like the more technical side of things, and he had a great way of explaining things in a cerebral way and not making the viewer feel stupid. It also helps that he is gorgeous !!

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7813/l832.jpg

Le Sigh....:inlove:

Houston Baby
08-20-2013, 01:18 PM
My favorite CSI was Miami. I never really watched the Vegas one and started watching the Miami one only because of the locale and the fact that I might recognize some of the location shots. However, I got a kick out of David Caruso's dramatic flair and I fell in love with Adam Rodriguez (Det. Eric Delko) - what a cutie!! So good looking & I loved his smile!

CSI New York is ok but it could use some more excitement!

Brooke
08-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Miami went off over a year ago, didn't it? If it didn't, I missed the whole last year and I was bummed cause it had become my favorite! I never saw anything about it being canceled and couldn't believe it when it didn't come back on in the fall. I really loved the vibe of it although Horatio always wore the same black suit and blue striped shirt and Calleigh was always in a white suit and heels working on dead people! :lol: And the way Horatio stood off to the side peering around then getting in a Hummer.......cops driving Hummers..........:hilarious:

LV was my favorite till Ray left, then I switched to Miami. NY was ok, just like you all said, a bit boring and when it moved to Friday night it didn't fit my schedule.

prayfordaylight
08-20-2013, 02:40 PM
The only one I watched seriously was Grissom-era Vegas. Miami is occasionally decent. NY is a snoozer.

EagleLady
08-20-2013, 05:10 PM
I loved the Miami one. Horatio was awesome. It sucks It got cancelled. I still watch the original. I think Ted Danson is doing a pretty good job

GlennLover
08-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Miami is the one that I got into the most. I'm not sure if it was because of the time slot & I saw it more than the others & I became familiar with the characters. I enjoy the scenery as well.

I never really cared for Vegas as much although I did like the Ray character & made a point of watching it when he was on. As much as I liked Ted Danson on Cheers, I don't like him in CSI.

New York is ok, but I don't find it that exciting either.

Tiffanny Twisted
08-20-2013, 08:07 PM
HB...first I will say, did you see Adam Rodriquis in Magic Mike:partytime:?Hot hot hot
He was one of the good things about about Miami.

I admidt that in the begining ny csi was gloomy.

I liked it when it was with Sela Ward...who was at the revel in ac and Dh motioned for her to come back stage(I though DH was motioning to HH cause Sela ward was on the other side of VA who was Next to HH.)ANyway, we took pictures with her after that concert and she was just the sweetest kindest lady who said that she loved the eagles and they were fabulous.I alwasy loved her as an actress and after meeting her, she is a class lady. I apoligized to her and her handsome hubby and they both said no need . aCES IN MY BOOK.

I TOO like a lot of others , liked vegas with grison and Catherine.

Im strange, once Grisome was gone and Sela came Ny became my fave. I also liked the guy who played the cop .
Yeah and I did say to Austin , geeze you could start a thread and debate this over and over. lol glad you did buddy ...I had to go to work.

Grey Sadler
08-20-2013, 08:11 PM
The only one I watched seriously was Grissom-era Vegas. Miami is occasionally decent. NY is a snoozer.

Same here...I got a little hooked on CSI (Vegas) right around the time Nick got buried alive...then kinda got away from it during the time I had to teach/work on the "night shift"...my mom has a little thing for Horatio on CSI:Miami, though :lol:

VAisForEagleLovers
08-20-2013, 08:41 PM
I had never watched the original CSI, but managed to watch the Miami show right from the start. I was seriously hooked on it and David Caruso made the show. I haven't watched any of them in years, or any tv at all other than sports, but CSI Miami was one show I missed.

zeldabjr
08-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Am I the only one in America to have never seen any CSI show?...probably...

Houston Baby
08-20-2013, 11:49 PM
TT - I haven't seen "Magic Mike" but it sounds like I should! I will definitely now, thanks for the heads up! I have missed Adam Rodriguez! :inlove:

WalshFan88
08-21-2013, 04:00 AM
Very cool!

Yeah I'm seeing a pattern - CSI Vegas with Gil Grissom (which I did like a lot), and CSI Miami for the most part. I agree David Caruso makes Miami. Awesome show.

WalshFan88
08-21-2013, 04:02 AM
Am I the only one in America to have never seen any CSI show?...probably...

Haha no...

I didn't start until one night I was just channel surfing, never really heard much about it. I never personally cared for Law and Order, but CSI had that technical science side that I loved.

Ive always been a dreamer
08-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Well - I'm afraid I've never seen any of the CSI shows either. I don't watch that much television at all. But, I must say if I did watch more TV, the premise of these shows does appeal to me.

Tiffanny Twisted
08-21-2013, 04:55 PM
TT - I haven't seen "Magic Mike" but it sounds like I should! I will definitely now, thanks for the heads up! I have missed Adam Rodriguez! :inlove:

He plays a stripper with Channing Tatum and Matthew MCConaghe.
Like ya how did you miss that one???
It is on dvd now so catch up girlfirend. :hilarious:

Tiffanny Twisted
08-21-2013, 04:57 PM
:thumbsup:i did see something in the entertainment news today that Catherine willows character will be back for a big number epsoide for csi vegas.

imust be in the miniority but I really liked it with sela ward on ny and she ahs alsways been a fave actress of mine, and now that I know she is a regular gal like me who things the eagles are tremendous well...what can I say...

GlennLover
08-22-2013, 02:49 PM
:thumbsup:i did see something in the entertainment news today that Catherine willows character will be back for a big number epsoide for csi vegas.

imust be in the miniority but I really liked it with sela ward on ny and she ahs alsways been a fave actress of mine, and now that I know she is a regular gal like me who things the eagles are tremendous well...what can I say...

I did enjoy Sela Ward's performances on NY.

Prettymaid
08-23-2013, 10:25 AM
I don't watch much TV now, but I clearly remember years ago when CSI:Vegas (the first one) was being advertised as a new fall show. I liked the premise and made a point to start watching it that first season. I watched it for years, until Grissom left. I've caught an episode since, here and there, but the whole series is getting tired, IMO. I wouldn't be bothered if they were all canceled.

But, while I'm here, let me just put in a good word for well-acted TV shows. While there are a few reality shows I enjoy, I wish the whole reality TV thing would just go away. I much prefer watching professional actors on a good TV show. But, that's another thread...

Brooke
08-23-2013, 04:11 PM
But, while I'm here, let me just put in a good word for well-acted TV shows. While there are a few reality shows I enjoy, I wish the whole reality TV thing would just go away. I much prefer watching professional actors on a good TV show. But, that's another thread...

I so agree with you here. I'm sick of reality shows. They're everywhere!

The only one I do like and think is funny is Duck Dynasty.

WalshFan88
08-24-2013, 01:32 PM
I don't watch much TV now, but I clearly remember years ago when CSI:Vegas (the first one) was being advertised as a new fall show. I liked the premise and made a point to start watching it that first season. I watched it for years, until Grissom left. I've caught an episode since, here and there, but the whole series is getting tired, IMO. I wouldn't be bothered if they were all canceled.

I'm a huge David Caruso fan, so I think he's a great actor.

NY and Miami have been cancelled. Might as well cancel Vegas.