PDA

View Full Version : Don teaming with Chideo for Walden Woods

VAisForEagleLovers
08-23-2013, 06:21 AM
SiriusXM Classic Rewind posted this earlier this morning:

Don Henley has teamed with Chideo to raise money for his Walden Woods Project. Chideo (that's "charity" + "video") is a platform where fans and the celebrities they follow can directly connect to watch videos and donate money.

Henley launched The Walden Woods Project over 20 years ago after seeing a story on CNN about a developer buying up the land around Walden Pond in Massachusetts with plans to build an office complex and condos. That land inspired the writings of one of Henley's heroes, Henry David Thoreau.

http://www.chideo.com/personality/19

Tiffanny Twisted
08-23-2013, 06:40 AM
thanks va

Prettymaid
08-23-2013, 09:08 AM
Yay Don!

Ive always been a dreamer
08-23-2013, 12:21 PM
Yay Don from me too!

sodascouts
08-23-2013, 10:27 PM
Sounds like a great project!

Troubadour
08-24-2013, 05:59 AM
Can someone explain exactly what this is? I've looked at the page but don't really get it!

Prettymaid
08-24-2013, 10:16 AM
Can someone explain exactly what this is? I've looked at the page but don't really get it!

It's a dream come true, that's what it is, Troub!

From what I gather, anybody can make a suggestion of what they want him to address in a video, or you can vote for one of the existing questions to the right of the screen. The question, or topic that gets the most votes wins, and Don makes a video talking about that particular subject. To view the video, you simply make a donation to the cause, in this case Walden Woods.

Is that how everybody else is reading it? There is a tab at the top of the link VA posted above to see other celebrities who are doing this. I clicked on Clint Black, and he pretty much describes Chideo the way I've explained.

Some of the questions posted to Don are so lame - I know we can do better!

ETA: Upon further inspection, it appears that the cost to watch a video is $1.99. I'm not sure how long the video is though.

Troubadour
08-25-2013, 06:28 PM
Very interesting indeed! Good on him for doing something like this. He'll have a Facebook page and be tweeting his little heart out in no time! :lol:

Prettymaid
08-25-2013, 06:49 PM
I would encourage anybody who wants to ask Don something to post a suggestion. I just can't seem to think of anything right now! Lol!

Houston Debutante
08-28-2013, 06:46 AM
I don't know what to ask!

Brooke
08-28-2013, 01:24 PM
I don't know what to ask, but Don looks really good in that short video! Brown suits him!

ktdids
01-28-2014, 02:04 AM
Has anyone done anything with Don's Chideo? Just watched Tavis Smiley interview one of the guys behind the site, can't remember his name Tod something he's a director, and he said the site was going public tomorrow.

Houston Debutante
02-11-2014, 05:33 PM
So what's going on with this? I Don't get how it works.

ktdids
02-18-2014, 03:16 PM
From what I gather, anybody can make a suggestion of what they want him to address in a video, or you can vote for one of the existing questions to the right of the screen. The question, or topic that gets the most votes wins, and Don makes a video talking about that particular subject. To view the video, you simply make a donation to the cause, in this case Walden Woods.

Some of the questions posted to Don are so lame - I know we can do better!

ETA: Upon further inspection, it appears that the cost to watch a video is $1.99. I'm not sure how long the video is though.

Houston, this is pretty much the way it works. You need to sign up to vote or make any suggestions for the personality to answer or do something - within reason!
I'm not sure exactly who decides ultimately on what gets answered, because yes, some of the questions, for Don at least, are really lame, and yet a few of them have a lot of votes. I have no idea what some people are thinking when they do something like this, I mean REALLY you want to ask him THAT?! However, I just looked at the site and you can watch Morgan Freeman LITERALLY read out of the phone book...for a small donation!
Donations start at $1.99 suggested and goes up to $5 if I remember correctly. You can pay with Paypal so it's pretty seamless to pay and then watch.
Length of the video depends on the answer and the person answering it. Don just recently added two clips where he talks about his time management, and his solo album, both about 2-3 minutes and they were both kind of from the suggested question that were up for votes. Don't know when they were actually able to sit him down to answer, but he looked good and seemed to be in a good mood!

sodascouts
02-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Thanks. I'm having trouble thinking of something intelligent to ask!

ktdids
02-19-2014, 09:55 PM
I shouldn't worry about asking an "intelligent" question too much. You want people to vote for your question, and you don't want to challenge them by making them think!
I posted two questions, one asking about favorite authors and what he reads, and the other about how they determine what to put in the set list!

Houston Debutante
02-20-2014, 11:33 AM
Thank you ktdids. What a great idea to ask him about his new album, maybe I can do something like that too.

deb828
03-08-2014, 08:06 PM
This is really fun. Some of the questions with alot of votes are very lame, as you said. We could come up with better questions. It looks like he has addressed the top two, about the solo album, and also about time management. The 3rd (votes) is about the Boys of Summer. That one is not very interesting to me, at least. You can vote for what you want him to address, but only one vote per day per subject. Signing up and voting is free, but watching the video is $1.99 (the lowest donation).