PDA

View Full Version : New kid in town

Desperada
08-26-2013, 05:29 PM
Hi I always enjoy my visits with you. I love the pictures of
Eagles, they are all very good. I live in Dublin, and I hope to make new friends here. Thank you

Henley Honey
08-26-2013, 05:39 PM
Welcome, Desperada! If you love the Eagles, this is the place to be.

Glennsallnighter
08-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Hi Desperada! Here's a big welcome from...... DUBLIN!!!!

I presume (Hope) its Dublin Ireland you are from. I'm from there too and have been on the Border for over 6 years. Its a great place to hang out

Hope you enjoy posting here!

Witchy Woman
08-26-2013, 07:45 PM
Welcome, Deperada !!

Prettymaid
08-26-2013, 08:19 PM
Welcome from me too!

Ive always been a dreamer
08-26-2013, 08:30 PM
Welcome Desperada. Glad you found us and hope you will jump right in. If you like talking about the Eagles, then you've come to a great place. Enjoy yourself here on The Border!

sodascouts
08-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Welcome! That's two Dubliners we have now! Hope you like it here. :)

WalshFan88
08-26-2013, 08:48 PM
Welcome!

Grey Sadler
08-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Hey there, Desperada!! :wave:

Outlawman13
08-27-2013, 12:56 AM
Welcome Desperado!!!! I hope you have a wonderful time over here. You came to the right place if you love the Eagles!!!

Desperada
08-27-2013, 06:12 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome. I love the community spirit here.
GA we are from the same county, and I am hoping to get a ticket to see the Dubs play Kerry on Sunday!!! Yes I love the Eagles and I became a big fan after I saw Glenn Frey play at the Stadium in Dublin.

prayfordaylight
08-27-2013, 08:04 AM
Welcome!

Desperada
08-27-2013, 08:43 AM
Thank youhttps://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

Brooke
08-27-2013, 10:14 AM
Welcome to The Border Desperada! Glad to have ya! This is a great community to be in if you love the Eagles!

Glennsallnighter
08-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome. I love the community spirit here.
GA we are from the same county, and I am hoping to get a ticket to see the Dubs play Kerry on Sunday!!! Yes I love the Eagles and I became a big fan after I saw Glenn Frey play at the Stadium in Dublin.

Up The Dubs! Try tickets.ie or GAA.ie.

Ive always been a dreamer
08-27-2013, 12:03 PM
Wow! How cool that GA and Desperada are from the same county. It really is a small world after all! :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
08-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Welcome, Desperada!!

MaryCalifornia
08-29-2013, 01:08 AM
Welcome, Desperada! I went to Dublin last September for the Notre Dame-Navy football game, and ended up sitting in a suite with Larry Mullin, Jr - he talked to me and my friends during the entire game and after. I love Dublin, and Ireland!! I have never packed that much fun into four days anywhere else!

MaryCalifornia
08-29-2013, 04:00 PM
I know! He was very nice, and my friend (a guy) saw him at a pub in Grafton St. later that night and they hung out! He just hangs out in Dublin, with the people! No security - the Irish must be very respectful of him. Bono could never just hang like that. Larry is the Timothy Schmit of U2, haha, but I'm guessing he's much more famous and recognized in Ireland than TBS is here. He is very slight - can't weigh over 150 lbs. and looks good. He only drank coffee during the 3-hour game, not one Guinness. His wife kept popping into the suite - she must have been with friends in another area. It was so great because the suite was nearly empty - just him by himself and my group - crazy! Definitely a highlight for a music lover.

Houston Baby
08-29-2013, 10:54 PM
WELCOME FROM ME TOO DESPERADA!! This is a FANTASTIC place to talk EAGLES! Have fun!!

Glennsallnighter
08-30-2013, 04:50 AM
I know! He was very nice, and my friend (a guy) saw him at a pub in Grafton St. later that night and they hung out! He just hangs out in Dublin, with the people! No security - the Irish must be very respectful of him. Bono could never just hang like that. Larry is the Timothy Schmit of U2, haha, but I'm guessing he's much more famous and recognized in Ireland than TBS is here. He is very slight - can't weigh over 150 lbs. and looks good. He only drank coffee during the 3-hour game, not one Guinness. His wife kept popping into the suite - she must have been with friends in another area. It was so great because the suite was nearly empty - just him by himself and my group - crazy! Definitely a highlight for a music lover.

We tend not to have a lot of security generally - nothing like what I have experienced in the States. And I guess too there is a 'live and let live' mentality - famous Irish people (media personalities, successful singers/actors, sports people) DO tend to just hang out with the people and do not generally bring security guards with them. Also they do not tend to be 'swamped' by fans!

Desperada
08-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Thank you for the welcome.
MaryCalfornia I am pleased that you enjoyed your trip to Dublin and that you meet and enjoyed the company of Larry. I have been to California to see the Eagles at Lake Tahoe and some time later at Hollywood Bowel. It was great and I meet very friendly people. I loved my holiday.
GA thanks for the advice on the tickets for the match, my brother left it too late to get tickets from his club. We were hoping to make it a family day out.
We just have to shout at the TV.
It is great to be herehttps://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

Glennsallnighter
08-31-2013, 04:40 PM
We will be shouting at the TV too! I've never seen a semi final sell out so quickly before!

Hopefully the Dubs will get past Kerry and will make it to the final!

What club is your brother? We are St Thomas/ Castleknock.

Desperada
08-31-2013, 05:46 PM
Hi GA,

He is in St Olafs, a small club near Stillorgan, the children love it.
It would be great to see the Dubs get to another final. I was very lucky to have a ticket for the final in 2011, and the 16 year wait made it sweet.

I am going to see the Eagles in New York and it would be great to meet you!

Enjoy the match. Come on ye boys in blue!

Glennsallnighter
08-31-2013, 06:31 PM
OMG! What night (s) are you going? I fly out on the Friday morning with aer Lingus. So cool! Would love to meet up too!

Desperada
09-01-2013, 06:46 AM
That is great news, thank you.:grin::cheers:

I fly with Aer Lingus on Thursday, I might see if I could change it to Friday.
What time are you flying? As I am traveling on my own, I would love to have company. I could give you my email address/phone number!

I have tickets for the shows on Friday and Saturday, I thought it might be greedy to go on Monday, but I would have liked too!

I think this will be magic!

Glennsallnighter
09-01-2013, 08:21 AM
I will PM you! I should have done it sooner but this week has just been crazy. I fly out in the 1045am flight on the Friday morning and I have (well HH has) tickets for Friday and Saturday as well. Monday would be great too but I'm pushing it work wise as it is getting Friday off. I fly in on Sunday evening to arrive in Dublin at 525am and I will be in my class to teach at 9am on Monsay morning.

Glenn :heart: and co! The things I do for you.

Desperada
09-01-2013, 09:58 AM
Yes, I think he is worth it.
Talk after the match!

Houston Baby
09-01-2013, 10:41 AM
How cool! I am so excited for you two GA & Desperada! To be able to travel together from Ireland would be fantastic! I hope it works out! How many hours would that be of NONSTOP Eagles talk? :wink:

Glennsallnighter
09-01-2013, 12:19 PM
A LOT!

And.........

Dublin won! They beat Kerry. You would have to be some part Irish to realise exactly what that means.......

Roll on 22 September and Mayo!!!

Desperada
09-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Thanks HB it is going to be magic.
I am delighted to have found this site.
Thank you:grin:

outontheborder
09-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Welcome, I'm sure you'll have a great time here!

cricrichan
09-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Welcome from me too, Desperada :bye:

desperado
09-27-2013, 06:53 AM
welcome Desperada!

Desperada
09-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Thank you, its great to be herehttps://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

sad-cafe
10-06-2013, 04:48 PM
I don't know if I welcomed you so

pull up a chair, this is the best place for any Eagle info by far!

Desperada
10-09-2013, 04:06 AM
I don't know if I welcomed you so

pull up a chair, this is the best place for any Eagle info by far!

I did, and I am having a great time, thank you:smokin:

SallyGee
10-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Welcome Desperada. I'll be at the NY show on Friday. Hoping to meet you!

Desperada
10-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Welcome Desperada. I'll be at the NY show on Friday. Hoping to meet you!
Same here, thank you, only 19 days to gohttps://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gifhttps://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif