PDA

View Full Version : HELLO FROM THE USA AND THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA!!!

Tony Trout
08-30-2013, 07:14 AM
Hi, everyone!

I'm a new member here (just joined today!) and I'm loving what I see! First off, I'm a big Elvis fan (hence the Elvis Presley avatar and profile image!). I love the Eagles, too, though! I just miss Felder in the band....

I was watching the new documentary and the interviews with Randy Meisner (who worked with Poco, Rick Nelson - he's the artist I'm most familiar with that Randy has worked with besides the Eagles) and I just got to wondering:

Will he really be able to make any of these dates? No offense but he didn't look nor sound good in the documentary and I know that he's had some health problems as of late. Even though I won't be attending any of the shows on this monumental tour (due to finances - it's always been a dream of mine to see the Eagles but...I know that it's never going to happen).

Anyway, I know my introduction is kinda "all over the place", I do want to say that I'm THRILLED to find another forum for the Eagles!!!

Prettymaid
08-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Welcome Tony, it's nice to have you! I hope you enjoy yourself here. I learn something new all the time!

As far as Randy joining this tour, I don't think that's going to happen. He was not on the first leg of the tour with them. I was at the first show in Louisville, and Bernie Leadon performs quite a bit with them. Before Take It To the Limit, Glenn dedicates the song to Randy, who he says is in poor health and can't be there with them.

Houston Baby
08-30-2013, 10:29 AM
Welcome from me too Tony! If you love the Eagles, you have found THE place to be! Join in & have some fun! :headbang:

BTW - I'm a big Elvis fan too! Saw him in 1970 at the Houston Rodeo in the Astrodome. Still remember that powder blue jumpsuit! :grin:

Henley Honey
08-30-2013, 11:05 AM
Welcome from me too, Tony. Glad you found us!!

Ive always been a dreamer
08-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Hey Tony - Welcome. You are my neighbor, I see. Glad you found us here on The Border. If you want to have a good time talking about all things Eagles, you've come to a good place. Enjoy!

Witchy Woman
08-30-2013, 01:49 PM
Welcome, Tony !!

Tony Trout
08-31-2013, 07:43 AM
WOW!!!! Thank you ALL for the welcome!! :grouphug: :rockon: :heart: :heart: :iloveyou:

:band:
:guitar:
:singer:
:drummer:
:rockguitar:

THANKS AGAIN!!

Take Care,
Tony

(Just trying to "illustrate" all of my musical abilities using the smileys. LOL!)

Glennsallnighter
08-31-2013, 04:30 PM
Welcome Tony! This is a great place if you are an Eagles lover!

You should try to catch up with Mrs Frey. She and a friend of hers do their own Elvis show in South Africa! She is a huge Elvis fan!

Tiffanny Twisted
08-31-2013, 06:57 PM
welcome Tony

I too am an elvis fan....
But glad you found us here on the border,...may you enjoy your time here with us:headbang:
tt

Tony Trout
09-01-2013, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the welcome, everyone! I'm also a member of another Eagles forum as well and I like being there as well. I just wish I could afford to see the guys....:(

prayfordaylight
09-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Welcome!

Tony Trout
09-03-2013, 10:03 AM
Welcome!

Thanks! I'm really hoping and praying that the band will film at least ONE show on this (possibly final) tour and release it on DVD.

Grey Sadler
09-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Hey, Tony!! :wave:
What part of NC are you in? I have roots in Western NC/Avery Co., and have family strung all down the highway from there to Hickory/Statesville...

Tony Trout
09-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Hey, Tony!! :wave:
What part of NC are you in? I have roots in Western NC/Avery Co., and have family strung all down the highway from there to Hickory/Statesville...

I'm from Murphy, North Carolina in extreme southwestern NC, which is about two hours west of Asheville, NC.

sodascouts
09-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Welcome Tony! I live in Memphis and have been to Graceland many a time, most recently on the week of the anniversary of his death. A couple days ago I was driving through Tupelo and even took a photo of Tupelo Hardware. I'm sure I don't have to explain why to you!

cricrichan
09-16-2013, 11:36 AM
Welcome to the Border, Tony!!! :D