PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Song Survivor: Eagles LP

sodascouts
07-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Here we go, the next Song Survivor! Our album this time will be Eagles. If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6551&postcount=7)

I'm going to list the songs of Eagles here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for your LEAST favorite, not your favorite.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

We have finished the game. Thanks for playing!

The winner of the Eagles LP Survivor Game is:
Take It Easy

Songs voted off:
Tryin' 07/22
Get You in the Mood 07/24
Take the Devil 07/26
Earlybird 07/28
Nightingale 07/30
Chug All Night 08/01
Most of Us Are Sad 08/03
Train Leaves Here This Morning 08/05
Witchy Woman 08/07
Peaceful Easy Feeling 08/09

Game Over!

Freypower
07-20-2007, 08:30 PM
This is fairly easy to start in my opinion. I cast my vote for Tryin'.

sodascouts
07-20-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm with you, FP.

I cast my vote for Tryin'.

JoeFan
07-21-2007, 04:38 AM
I'll say Take The Devil.

timfan
07-21-2007, 08:45 AM
I cast my vote for Tryin'

Brooke
07-21-2007, 09:43 AM
I'll have to go with Take the Devil here, too.

Maleah
07-21-2007, 10:30 AM
I cast my vote for Take The Devil as well

(by the way Soda, did you always have the lyrics on your AV? I LOOOOVE it! :D)

SweetHolly
07-21-2007, 01:44 PM
I cast my vote for Earlybird.

sodascouts
07-21-2007, 03:16 PM
(by the way Soda, did you always have the lyrics on your AV? I LOOOOVE it! :D)

No, but I love the idea of Don singing while undoing laces so much that I had to add it. Ah, the romance!

glenneaglesfan
07-21-2007, 03:18 PM
I'm going to put this in my car for further consideration. I have this on vinyl, but haven't heard the original since we consigned the record deck to the loft. I do now have it on a cd as well.

Marco
07-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Nancy, You Forget Get You In the Mood,
anyway

I cast my vote for Tryin`

If You haven`t Get You in the mood You can download it from eaglesfans.com

sodascouts
07-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Hmm, I hadn't thought about including the B-side, Marco. Good point!

Here is the link to it for those who have not heard it:

http://www.eaglesfans.com/downloads/audio/index.htm#eagmusic

I'll add it in the next round.

EasyFeeling
07-22-2007, 10:13 AM
I cast my vote for Take The Devil.
I must admit I don't like these old songs very much. :blush:

Randy's Girl
07-22-2007, 02:52 PM
I cast my vote for Chug All Night

glenneaglesfan
07-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Ok, this is difficult, but the first few rounds are probably less significant.

I cast my vote for Tryin'

Glennsallnighter
07-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Yes I suppose its inevitable which songs will go first and also which will remain. I have a 'feeling' I know what 2 will be left in the final shakeup. However for now I cast my vote for 'Tryin'. I may miss a few rounds as I'll be away for a week from Tuesday. :(

Ive always been a dreamer
07-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Wow - I'm getting surprized here already. I thought for sure that Earlybird would be the first to go in the game. I think many of the songs on this debut album are about the same quality, and most of them pleasant to listen to. However, once you get past the 'big three', there are no real standouts. This may make for an interesting and unpredictable game. As far as Get You In the Mood, I actually like it a lot and hope it will stay around a bit. IMO, it is better than some of the tracks that made it on to the album. So since my pick is not going to be voted off this round, I don't have any strong preference for the outcome. Therefore, I will vote for the future...

sodascouts
07-22-2007, 08:02 PM
OK! The first song to be eliminated from Eagles Survivor is Tryin’. “Tryin’,” looks like you didn’t make it in the end. Please leave immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Tryin’ – 6
Take the Devil – 4
Earlybird – 2
Chug All Night – 1

Vote Breakdown
Tryin’ – Freypower
Tryin’ – SodaScouts
Tryin’ – timfan
Tryin’ – Marcox
Tryin’ – glenneaglesfan
Tryin’ – Glennsallnighter
Take the Devil – JoeFan
Take the Devil – Brooke
Take the Devil – Maleah
Take the Devil – EasyFeeling
Earlybird – SweetHolly
Earlybird – Ive always been a dreamer
Chug All Night – Randy’s Girl

Songs eliminated:
Tryin’ 07/22

Songs remaining:
Take It Easy
Witchy Woman
Chug All Night
Most of Us Are Sad
Nightingale
Train Leaves Here This Morning
Take the Devil
Earlybird
Peaceful Easy Feeling
Get You in the Mood

Voting for Round 2 begins now.

sodascouts
07-22-2007, 08:03 PM
With lines like "I get so wasted in the city / The last girl I hit on wasn't very pretty" I know which one has gotta go.

I cast my vote for Get You in the Mood.

07-22-2007, 08:11 PM
:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Nanc - I KNEW you were going to quote that line. Of course, it's one of my favorites! :wink: :wink:

Freypower
07-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Technically Get You In The Mood is not on the Eagles album. I was going to suggest that we include it in the next Survivor game, where we do all the non-album tracks right down to Fast Company & Do Something. However, as it's now here, I'm secretly fond of it and am not voting for it yet.

sodascouts
07-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Good point, FP, but I guess it's too late to change it now anyway!

timfan
07-22-2007, 08:36 PM
I cast my vote for Get you in the Mood

EasyFeeling
07-23-2007, 12:20 PM
I've never heard that song. :?

So I cast my vote for Take The Devil, once again.

Marco
07-23-2007, 12:30 PM
I cast my vote for Witchy Woman

Maleah
07-23-2007, 01:50 PM
I cast my vote for Take The Devil again as well

sodascouts
07-23-2007, 01:51 PM
I've never heard that song. :?

You can listen to it here:
http://www.eaglesfans.com/downloads/audio/index.htm#eagmusic

And if you want to check out the lyrics, they're here:
http://www.glennfreyonline.com/eagles/eagleslp/getyouinthemood.htm

EasyFeeling
07-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Thank you, Soda. :D

SweetHolly
07-23-2007, 02:32 PM

DonFan
07-23-2007, 02:57 PM
I had never heard Get You in the Mood before, either--they definitely made the right choice to leave that one off the album!

I vote for Most of Us are Sad.

Brooke
07-23-2007, 03:27 PM
I really think Get You in the Mood should go next since it really wasn't on the album. We don't want it competing with some of the others! So, I cast my vote for Get You in the Mood!

DonFan
07-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Okay, I'm confused.
Get You In the Mood isn't on The Eagles album--so why are we voting for it?

glenneaglesfan
07-23-2007, 06:20 PM
I think Marco suggested it, as it was released as a b-side, however, I agree with Brooke.

I cast my vote for Get You In The Mood

sodascouts
07-23-2007, 08:22 PM
It's true Get You in the Mood isn't technically on the Eagles LP. However, Marco pointed out that it was released as a B-side for the Eagles LP. I saw his point and added it.

I think it's legitimate for the following reasons:
1) You can arguably say that it is part of the album since the single, Take It Easy, was off the LP and Get You in the Mood was its B-side. That attaches it specifically to the album.
2) Putting it up against these songs, its "peers" in terms of writing, casts it more in a contextual light than it would if we put it against the other non-album tracks like Fast Company and Do Something, written over 35 years later.

But in the grand scheme of the Eagles Survivor games it doesn't really make a huge difference. We know it's gonna go out pretty soon no matter what it's up against.

Freypower
07-23-2007, 09:32 PM
I just want to say a couple of words in its favour before it disappears.

It's naive and raw, as is Chug All Night. But it has a certain charm. You can cringe at 'last girl I hit on wasn't very pretty' or you can think that this is a young man still trying to find his way in the world who hasn't even got his Teen King persona fully developed yet. The chorus is pretty ordinary (I need you baby/you drive me crazy - yeah yeah). Listen to how he sings it though and I defy you not to at least feel :blush: ..... interested. :blush:

Sexy Girl
07-24-2007, 03:29 AM
Shucks, I'm late again :? but at least I caught the second round in time!

Not because it is only a B-side but because I think it's a really awful song - as a song itself and also the way it is mixed -
I cast my vote for Get You In The Mood.

07-24-2007, 10:33 AM
FP - I agree with you about Get You In the Mood. Admittedly, it's not a masterpiece and thankfully, it's not Glenn's best work , but I agree it has a certain appeal. I particularly like it's bluesy tone. I just grin at the lyrics that obvously came from a young 20 year old hormone-raging male rock star wannabe. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't write this song today, just like he wouldn't have written NMCD back then. Anyway, having said all that, I guess I'm not going to be able to save it, so...

Randy's Girl
07-24-2007, 01:38 PM

sodascouts
07-24-2007, 03:55 PM
I just want to say a couple of words in its favour before it disappears.

It's naive and raw, as is Chug All Night. But it has a certain charm. You can cringe at 'last girl I hit on wasn't very pretty' or you can think that this is a young man still trying to find his way in the world who hasn't even got his Teen King persona fully developed yet. The chorus is pretty ordinary (I need you baby/you drive me crazy - yeah yeah). Listen to how he sings it though and I defy you not to at least feel :blush: ..... interested. :blush:

Well, good point! lol

sodascouts
07-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Quite a variety of votes this round, but the second song to be eliminated from Eagles Survivor is Get You in the Mood. “Get You in the Mood,” you didn’t make it onto the album, and you’re not going to make it here, either. Please leave immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Get You in the Mood – 5
Earlybird – 3
Take the Devil – 2
Chug All Night – 1
Witchy Woman – 1
Most of Us Are Sad – 1

Vote Breakdown
Get You in the Mood – SodaScouts
Get You in the Mood – timfan
Get You in the Mood – Brooke
Get You in the Mood – glenneaglesfan
Get You in the Mood – SexyGirl
Earlybird – Freypower
Earlybird – SweetHolly
Take the Devil – Maleah
Take the Devil – EasyFeeling
Witchy Woman – Marcox
Most of Us Are Sad – DonFan

Songs eliminated:
Tryin’ 07/22

Songs remaining:
Take It Easy
Witchy Woman
Chug All Night
Most of Us Are Sad
Nightingale
Take the Devil
Earlybird
Peaceful Easy Feeling

Voting for Round 3 begins now.

sodascouts
07-24-2007, 08:03 PM
OK, I'm gonna go with Take the Devil next. It's ok, but not that great. Also, Earlybird has such great banjo pickin' that I'm not ready to let it go yet.

I cast my vote for Take the Devil.

Freypower
07-24-2007, 10:52 PM
The banjo in Earlybird is good but the song is too twee.

I (again) cast my vote for Earlybird.

Brooke
07-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Ooooh, I just listened to Get You in the Mood! I actually liked it! Kinda bluesy and very sexy! Even with some of those lyrics! Glenn sounds so young and sweet! Oh well, if they didn't think it was good enough for the album, what do I know!

My next vote is for Take the Devil.

Maleah
07-24-2007, 11:09 PM
I cast my vote for Take the Devil

Sexy Girl
07-25-2007, 04:20 AM
I can only go with the (so far) majority here.

I cast my vote for Take the Devil.

07-25-2007, 10:11 AM
OH NO! I'm saying it is time for Earlybird to go. I'd much rather hear Take the Devil or even "The last girl I hit on wasn't very pretty" than that bird tweet. :D

timfan
07-25-2007, 10:34 AM
I cast my vote for Earlybird

As the ladies said it is just to twee for me. (what do you know; I'm a poet and I don't know it! :D )

DonFan
07-25-2007, 11:29 AM
I actually like Earlybird--once you get past the tweeting it is a pretty good song.

I cast my vote for Most of Us are Sad, again.

Marco
07-25-2007, 03:23 PM
Withcy Woman make me sick (it`s a stupid song)

so

Freypower
07-25-2007, 11:03 PM
That is in my opinion an unnecssarily harsh judgment on Witchy Woman. It 'makes you sick'? :?

DonFan
07-25-2007, 11:33 PM

? ! ?

I was wondering about that comment as well, FP.

glenneaglesfan
07-26-2007, 05:50 AM
Hmmm, I can't quite see that either.

It looks like the Earlybird may take flight this time, so

I cast my vote for Most Of Us Are Sad

Mrs Frey
07-26-2007, 07:10 AM

I can't vote yet, as I don't have this album (yet), but I just wanted to say, in response to Marco's comment above: "EINA!" (that's Afrikaans for "OUCH!") :shock: I think it's a great song!

Randy's Girl
07-26-2007, 10:03 AM

sodascouts
07-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Once again the votes are all over the place, but the third song to be eliminated from Eagles Survivor is Take the Devil. “Take the Devil,” God be with you when you roam. Please leave immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Take the Devil – 4
Earlybird – 3
Most of Us Are Sad – 2
Chug All Night – 1
Witchy Woman – 1

Vote Breakdown
Take the Devil – SodaScouts
Take the Devil – Brooke
Take the Devil – Maleah
Take the Devil – Sexy Girl
Earlybird – Freypower
Earlybird – timfan
Most of Us Are Sad – glenneaglesfan
Witchy Woman – Marcox

Songs eliminated:
Tryin’ 07/22
Take the Devil 07/26

Songs remaining:
Take It Easy
Witchy Woman
Chug All Night
Most of Us Are Sad
Nightingale
Earlybird
Peaceful Easy Feeling

Voting for Round 4 begins now.

Freypower
07-26-2007, 08:16 PM
I will continue to cast my vote for Earlybird.

Maleah
07-26-2007, 08:31 PM

timfan
07-26-2007, 10:53 PM
I cast my vote for Earlybird

SweetHolly
07-26-2007, 11:22 PM

Sexy Girl
07-27-2007, 05:59 AM
The last round I can play before leaving for vacation :(

I cast my vote for Earlybird - too.

And please .... make "Take It Easy" win this game 8) :D

Brooke
07-27-2007, 10:28 AM
I also cast my vote for Earlybird! That tweeting drives me crazy!

Marco
07-27-2007, 11:01 AM
I repeat Witchy Woman is one of the eagles song that I can`t stand like Teenage Jail. Yes these two songs (Witchy Woman & Teenaje Jail) make me sick but is only my opinion. If You love this song I don`t tell that You don`t have to love these two songs :?

Anyway

I cast my vote for Witchy Woman again for the third time

Randy's Girl
07-28-2007, 02:30 PM
I cast my vote for Chug All Night (I'm off to Isle of Wight tomorrow so will not be able to vote again until Saturday).

07-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Well - It looks like Earlybird will finally go this round and doesn't need my vote. After this round, it really starts to get tough but I'm hoping Chug All Night will stay around for a little while longer. While, like Get You In the Mood, the lyrics obviously came from a young 20 year old hormone-raging male rock star wannabe, I like it a lot. It is raw and sexy, and it rocks. Therefore ...

I cast my vote for Most of Us Are Sad.

07-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Sorry, we are late posting the results for this round, but here they are. The fourth song to leave the island in Eagles Survivor is Earlybird . "Earlybird" - it looks like the day has come where you’re gonna fade away, so please leave immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Earlybird – 5
Chug All Night – 2
Witchy Woman – 1
Most of Us Are Sad – 1

Vote Breakdown
Earlybird – Freypower
Earlybird – timfan
Earlybird – SweetHolly
Earlybird – Sexy Girl
Earlybird – Brooke
Chug All Night – Maleah
Witchy Woman – Marcox
Most of Us Are Sad – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Tryin’ 07/22
Take the Devil 07/26
Earlybird 07/28

Songs remaining:
Take It Easy
Witchy Woman
Chug All Night
Most of Us Are Sad
Nightingale
Peaceful Easy Feeling

Voting for Round 5 begins now.

SweetHolly
07-28-2007, 10:25 PM
I cast my vote for Chug All Night.

Freypower
07-28-2007, 10:58 PM
I will be different and cast my vote for Nightingale.

EasyFeeling
07-29-2007, 04:37 AM
I'm too late so I missed the last round. :?

Marco
07-29-2007, 02:36 PM
I cast my vote again for Witchy Woman

sodascouts
07-29-2007, 02:40 PM
You know, I was all set to vote for Chug All Night, but dreamer's impassioned plea swayed me.

I cast my vote for Nightingale.

It's not that it's bad, it's just not memorable. I'm hard-pressed to recall any of the lyrics or even the melody except the one part I like the most, the chorus. I like everything from "Here comes my baby" to "we will prevail." The other part I remember is my least favorite part - "I'm hanging on to my special friend." Calling one's girlfriend one's "special friend" is just weird! "Hi, I'm Don, I'd like you to meet my special friend Stevie." ;)

timfan
07-29-2007, 02:42 PM
I vote for Nightingale

Brooke
07-29-2007, 03:54 PM
I cast my vote for Nightingale, too.

Maleah
07-29-2007, 10:48 PM
I vote for Chug All Night

07-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Okay - here is my last desperate plea to save Chug All Night and Nightingale. I'm going to hold off voting for now, but with so many of our regular voters away on holiday and vacation, each round is up in the air! I guess that makes it exciting, but it just makes me nervous. :D :D

07-30-2007, 07:58 PM
Oh well - It looks looks like I can use my vote for the next song I want to see go ...

07-30-2007, 08:10 PM
The fifth song to leave the island in Eagles Survivor is Nightingale . “Nightingale” - it looks like you can hang on no longer. It’s time to hit that devastation trail, so please leave immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Nightingale – 4
Chug All Night – 3
Witchy Woman – 1
Most of Us Are Sad – 1

Vote Breakdown
Nightingale – Freypower
Nightingale – SodaScouts
Nightingale – timfan
Nightingale – Brooke
Chug All Night – SweetHolly
Chug All Night – EasyFeeling
Chug All Night – Maleah
Witchy Woman – Marco

Songs eliminated:
Tryin’ 07/22
Take the Devil 07/26
Earlybird 07/28
Nightingale 07/30

Songs remaining:
Take It Easy
Witchy Woman
Chug All Night
Most of Us Are Sad
Peaceful Easy Feeling

Voting for Round 6 begins now.

timfan
07-30-2007, 08:17 PM
I cast my vote for Most of Us Are Sad

Freypower
07-30-2007, 11:33 PM
I cast my vote for Most Of Us Are Sad.

Maleah
07-31-2007, 12:22 AM

sodascouts
07-31-2007, 12:36 AM
No guys, not Most of Us Are Sad! It has such beauty! "Weeping woman, try to smile... like the coming dawn" - and of course my favorite verse, "I will sing you far away... love is here tonight."

SAVE "MOST OF US ARE SAD"! VOTE "CHUG ALL NIGHT"!

Glennsallnighter
07-31-2007, 02:33 AM
I too cast my vote for 'Chug All Night'

EasyFeeling
07-31-2007, 02:42 AM

Marco
07-31-2007, 09:36 AM
Most Of Us Are... is my favorite from the album, anyway

I cast my vote AGAIN for Witchy Woman

glenneaglesfan
07-31-2007, 10:13 AM
Somehow I missed the last round. I like Most Of Us Are Sad, but Chug All Night is a bit more upbeat, so

SweetHolly
08-01-2007, 12:19 AM

Brooke
08-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Since Chug All Night is rockier, I cast my vote for Most of Us Are Sad.

08-01-2007, 07:52 PM

08-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Well it doesn’t get much closer than this. We have a tie this round. However, because of the tiebreaker rule, the sixth song to leave the island in Eagles Survivor is Chug All Night . “Chug All Night” – it’s time to get off that pleasure wheel, so please leave immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Chug All Night – 5
Most of Us Are Sad – 5
Witchy Woman – 1

Vote Breakdown
Chug All Night – Maleah
Chug All Night – SodaScouts
Chug All Night – Glennsallnighter
Chug All Night – EasyFeeling
Chug All Night – SweetHolly
Most of Us Are Sad – timfan
Most of Us Are Sad – Freypower
Most of Us Are Sad – Brooke
Witchy Woman – Marco

Songs eliminated:
Tryin’ 07/22
Take the Devil 07/26
Earlybird 07/28
Nightingale 07/30
Chug All Night 08/01

Songs remaining:
Take It Easy
Witchy Woman
Most of Us Are Sad
Peaceful Easy Feeling

Voting for Round 7 begins now.

Freypower
08-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Interesting. I cast my vote for Most Of Us Are Sad.

SweetHolly
08-01-2007, 10:27 PM
I cast my vote for Most Of Us Are Sad.

timfan
08-02-2007, 08:13 AM

sodascouts
08-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Oh, no! Something must be done to save Most of Us Are Sad!

I cast my vote for Train Leaves Here This Morning.

OK folks! Time for another rally!

SAVE "MOST OF US ARE SAD"! VOTE "TRAIN LEAVES HERE THIS MORNING"!

Marco
08-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Most Of Us Are Sad is my favorite

please vote another song

I cast My vote for Witchy Woman

Maleah
08-02-2007, 07:22 PM
I cast my vote for Train Leaves Here This Morning

DonFan
08-02-2007, 09:50 PM
I can't believe that this song is STILL here.

I cast my vote for Most of Us are Sad. Let it leave, already!

glenneaglesfan
08-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Yes, it's time to go this round.

Marco
08-03-2007, 03:52 PM
No Please vote for another song Most Of Us ... is my favorite from the album. Please vote another song Please :cry:

Brooke
08-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Marco, first of all how in the world can you hate Witchy Woman? I love it! It's one of my all time favorites and the first song I ever heard Don Henley sing! :headshake:

Can I ask why you love Most of Us Are Sad so much? I'm sorry, but to compare it with what is left, well, there is no comparison, even with Train Leaves Here. Just my opinion.

Anyway, I cast my vote for Most of Us Are Sad.

Glennsallnighter
08-03-2007, 05:33 PM
I too cast my vote for 'Most of us are Sad'

08-03-2007, 08:01 PM
I totally agree about Witchy Woman - it is a great song. IMHO, Most of Us Are Sad should have been the second or third song to be eliminated and I think it has lasted WAY longer than it should have. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, I don't think there is any poll, contest, or game around where fans would vote that Most of Us Are Sad is a better song than Witchy Woman. Since Most of Us Are Sad is going ....

Edited to add: I got so carried away talking about WW vs. MOUAS that I didn't get my vote submitted before the 8:00 p.m. deadline. Therefore, I will not count it in the final tally.

08-03-2007, 08:08 PM
The seventh song to leave the island in Eagles Survivor is Most of Us Are Sad . “Most of Us Are Sad” please go immediately leaving no shadows of yourself. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Most of Us Are Sad – 7
Train Leaves Here This Morning – 2
Witchy Woman – 1

Vote Breakdown
Most of Us Are Sad – Freypower
Most of Us Are Sad – SweetHolly
Most of Us Are Sad – timfan
Most of Us Are Sad – Brooke
Most of Us Are Sad – Glennsallnighter
Train Leaves Here This Morning – SodaScouts
Train Leaves Here This Morning – Maleah
Witchy Woman – Marco

Songs eliminated:
Tryin’ 07/22
Take the Devil 07/26
Earlybird 07/28
Nightingale 07/30
Chug All Night 08/01
Most of Us Are Sad 08/03

Songs remaining:
Take It Easy
Witchy Woman
Peaceful Easy Feeling

Voting for Round 8 begins now.

DonFan
08-03-2007, 09:48 PM

timfan
08-03-2007, 10:02 PM
I cast my vote for Train Leaves Here This Morning

SweetHolly
08-03-2007, 10:19 PM

sodascouts
08-04-2007, 01:04 AM
Aw guys, don't be so down on Most of Us Are Sad. I know not everyone likes it, but we all have different tastes. I think it's beautiful. I like it better than Train Leaves Here This Morning, that's for sure!

Dreamer, you're ideal to handle this with your honesty! Thanks for doing this for me while I'm in Texas and unable to access the internet regularly at 8:00pm eastern.

While it's still early in the round, I have a feeling Train will go next. Time to be strategic...

I cast my vote for Witchy Woman.

Freypower
08-04-2007, 03:13 AM
I cast my vote for Train Leaves Here This Morning. I am very fond of it but it isn't one of the Big Three.

Glennsallnighter
08-04-2007, 06:11 AM
I agree with FP. Train Leaves Here This morning has been in the station long enough! I know what I want to win and I suppose should start being strategic, but I'll leave it for now. So I cast my vote for 'Train Leaves Here This Morning' :D

Brooke
08-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Well, the last three are going to be tough, but I know which one I want to win. Train just doesn't belong and it will surely go next, so.......

I cast my vote for Peaceful Easy Feeling.

Marco
08-05-2007, 03:18 PM
I repeat I cast my vote for Witchy Woman, This song make me sick.
I prefer when Henley sings The End Of The Innocence or The Boys Of Summer

Marco
08-05-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm unhappy about Most Of..... is my favorite from the album :(

sodascouts
08-05-2007, 09:55 PM
There’s a train leaves here this evening… yep, the eighth song to leave the island in Eagles Survivor is Train Leaves Here This Morning . “Train Leaves Here This Morning,” please leave immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Train Leaves Here This Morning – 5
Witchy Woman – 2
Peaceful Easy Feeling – 1

Vote Breakdown
Train Leaves Here This Morning – DonFan
Train Leaves Here This Morning – timfan
Train Leaves Here This Morning – SweetHolly
Train Leaves Here This Morning – Freypower
Train Leaves Here This Morning – Glennsallnighter
Witchy Woman – Marco
Witchy Woman – sodascouts
Peaceful Easy Feeling – Brooke

Songs eliminated:
Tryin’ 07/22
Take the Devil 07/26
Earlybird 07/28
Nightingale 07/30
Chug All Night 08/01
Most of Us Are Sad 08/03

Songs remaining:
Take It Easy
Witchy Woman
Peaceful Easy Feeling

Voting for Round 9 begins now.

timfan
08-05-2007, 09:58 PM
now the FUN begins!!!! :P

sodascouts
08-05-2007, 09:58 PM
OK, the big three! All of them are terrific songs, but one of them had to grow on me. When I first heard it, I just thought it was OK, nothing that great, even though I love it now. As a result,

SweetHolly
08-05-2007, 10:51 PM
After Don's spectacular performance of Witchy Woman last night in Grand Prairie, I want it to win! :D 8)

I cast my vote for Take It Easy.

Freypower
08-05-2007, 11:27 PM
For me the next to go is either WW or PEF. I have never seen WW performed live. I love the song. However just this once I'm going to let sentiment have its way. So I cast my vote for Witchy Woman.

Mrs Frey
08-06-2007, 01:55 AM
I cast my vote, with a heavy heart, for "Witchy Woman". Sorry, Don :( .

EasyFeeling
08-06-2007, 11:25 AM
I don't need to think about it.

Brooke
08-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I really don't want to see any of them go down, they are all three great. But, if I must, I cast my vote for Peaceful Easy Feeling. :(

glenneaglesfan
08-07-2007, 09:58 AM
Oh, this is hard, because they are all great songs. I'm going to try tactics here.

I cast my vote for Take It Easy

Glennsallnighter
08-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Yes I think this is the trickiest one yet. Do we vote off the obvious third place or do we vote tactically in the hope of saving the one we want to win??? Now that is the question I have been tossing around in my mind since yesterday morning. So I have finally decided and I cast my vote for 'Take it Easy' So sorry Glenn :heart: I'll make it up to you next round......I promise......

(This actually breaks my heart :( I hope I'm doing it for the right reasons!)

Marco
08-07-2007, 12:51 PM

DonFan
08-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Now there's a surprise. :roll:

sodascouts
08-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Shoot, now I wish I'd voted strategically!

Glennsallnighter
08-07-2007, 05:08 PM
You voted with your heart Soda! Thats much better than voting with your head!

sodascouts
08-07-2007, 05:11 PM

It's not if your favorite doesn't win, lol!

Glennsallnighter
08-07-2007, 07:35 PM

It's not if your favorite doesn't win, lol!

I suppose not, but it suits a hopeless romantic like me who's trying to get her favourite to win :D
Oh well, we'll know it all soon!

08-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Well - All three of these are great songs. I'm going for the strategic vote, but this is very painful. :wink:

08-07-2007, 08:06 PM
The ninth song to leave the island in Eagles Survivor is Witchy Woman . “Witchy Woman” see how high you fly on your endless flight off the island. The two remaining songs, please step forward for the final round.

Votes
Witchy Woman – 6
Peaceful Easy Feeling – 3
Take It Easy – 3

Vote Breakdown
Witchy Woman – timfan
Witchy Woman – SodaScouts
Witchy Woman – Freypower
Witchy Woman – Mrs. Frey
Witchy Woman – EasyFeeling
Witchy Woman – Marco
Take It Easy – SweetHolly
Take It Easy – glenneaglesfan
Take It Easy – Glennsallnighter
Peaceful Easy Feeling – Brooke
Peaceful Easy Feeling – DonFan
Peaceful Easy Feeling – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Tryin’ 07/22
Take the Devil 07/26
Earlybird 07/28
Nightingale 07/30
Chug All Night 08/01
Most of Us Are Sad 08/03
Witchy Woman 08/07

Songs remaining:
Take It Easy
Peaceful Easy Feeling

OK. We’re at the last round. This round is special, so it’s done differently. We’re not going to vote for the song we want to go. We’re going to vote for the song we want to win. This is how they do it on the real show, after all. Once again...

Vote for the song you want to win.

Voting for the final round begins now.

timfan
08-07-2007, 08:12 PM
I cast my vote for Take It Easy for the win!!!!

While I love Peaceful Easy Feeling, I've got to go with (as Glenn has said) the song that started it all! :D

Glennsallnighter
08-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Well it was always going to be down to these last 2 wasn't it. That night last year in Dublin, Glenn :heart: blew me away with Take it Easy. But by the time he got to Peaceful Easy Feeling it was like time had stopped. It was like it was just Glenn :heart: singing and me looking up at him. And I knew that I'd fallen so hard for him that I'd never be able to pick myself up again.

So this ones for you Glenn :heart:

I cast my vote for 'Peaceful Easy Feeling' to win

DonFan
08-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Bye, Witchy Woman. :weep:
As someone born on the day before Halloween (and lucky enough to share my bday with Timothy), I really love that song.

But....
For the win.....
I must go with "the song that started it all" too.

I vote for Take it Easy to win!

sodascouts
08-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Take It Easy is right up there with Hotel California as the signature Eagles song. It is the ONLY song in the entire Eagles catalog that has been played at EVERY SINGLE EAGLES CONCERT EVER, in one form or another. That alone should be enough to make it win. It was the first song off of the first album, the first hit, the way people were introduced to them. Tritt's cover of the song got them back together in 1993. Add to that the fact that Peaceful Easy Feeling was written entirely by someone else and for me, there's no contest.

TAKE IT EASY for the win!!!

Brooke
08-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Sorry to see you go Witchy Woman. That song brought Don Henley to me way back in 1972 and I've loved that voice ever since. Listening to it today on this album, I'm just still amazed at his voice on that song. It's just nearly indescribable! :heart:

As for these last two, there's no doubt in my mind that Take It Easy must win! For me, it's my overall fave song and it's their anthem. Hearing those first notes at the beginning just always makes me feel good. Glenn's delivery (does he sound good or what?) is beautiful and I love hearing Randy's harmonys in the high parts. "Lighten up while you still can" is my fave line. Love it, love it, love it!

So, in case you don't understand, I cast my vote for Take It Easy! :D

Freypower
08-07-2007, 11:31 PM
Apart from its other merits it will make for a fairly comprehensive screenshot history. :wink:

It has to be the one and only TAKE IT EASY. Glenn's signature tune.

SweetHolly
08-08-2007, 12:03 AM
This is really tough since I like both songs.

I cast my vote for Take It Easy for the win since that's how it all started.

Mrs Frey
08-08-2007, 03:44 AM
I know I'm going to be hopelessly outvoted in this, but I've made my difficult and painful decision. Both songs are among my favourite Eagles songs, and Glenn's :heart: voice is just so beautiful and effortless on both too. All your arguments in favour of "Take It Easy" have plenty of merit, and are completely justified, and I did consider that "Peaceful Easy Feeling" was not written by one of the Eagles.

However, after having said all that, I am completely in love with this song, and I melt everytime I hear Glenn :heart: sing it, so I vote for "PEACEFUL EASY FEELING" to win!

glenneaglesfan
08-08-2007, 03:50 AM
I can see it's going to be outvoted, and I love both songs, and Take It Easy is the signature tune of the Eagles for me, but I love the way Glenn sings PEF (especially the Second Night version), and, well, the words....

Peaceful Easy Feeling to win

Mrs Frey
08-08-2007, 07:35 AM
I can see it's going to be outvoted, and I love both songs, and Take It Easy is the signature tune of the Eagles for me, but I love the way Glenn sings PEF (especially the Second Night version), and, well, the words....

Peaceful Easy Feeling to win

Woo hoo hoo, GEF - I was thinking precisely the same thing this morning when I voted! :D

sodascouts
08-08-2007, 01:59 PM
I love the way Glenn sings PEF (especially the Second Night version), and, well, the words....

Good points. That second night version is so incredible... especially the way it starts...

For those of you who haven't heard it, here it is:

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/MP3/PeacefulEasyFeelingHFOOuttake94.mp3

But still vote for Take It Easy to win! lol

EasyFeeling
08-08-2007, 03:02 PM
I vote for... Take It Easy!!!

08-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Well, for all the reasons previously stated ...

I cast my vote for Take It Easy for the win.

08-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Now for the final results! And here’s how it all ends – with 8 votes, the winner of Eagles Survivor is..…

TAKE IT EASY!

Votes
Take It Easy – 8
Peaceful Easy Feeling – 3

Vote Breakdown
Take It Easy – timfan
Take It Easy – DonFan
Take It Easy – SodaScouts
Take It Easy – Brooke
Take It Easy – Freypower
Take It Easy – SweetHolly
Take It Easy – EasyFeeling
Take It Easy – Ive always been a dreamer
Peaceful Easy Feeling – Glennsallnighter
Peaceful Easy Feeling – Mrs. Frey
Peaceful Easy Feeling –glenneaglesfan

Songs eliminated:
Tryin’ 07/22
Take the Devil 07/26
Earlybird 07/28
Nightingale 07/30
Chug All Night 08/01
Most of Us Are Sad 08/03
Witchy Woman 08/07
Peaceful Easy Feeling 08/09

Congrats, Take It Easy!

To celebrate, listen to the 2002 Oklahoma City audio download:
http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/MP3/TakeItEasyOKC2002.mp3

… and watch the 1972 Central Park video download 30 years earlier:
http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/live/TakeItEasyCentralPark72.wmv

Again, thanks for playing everyone and hope you enjoyed the game.

sodascouts
08-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks for doing this for me, dreamer. As for the winner.... it is as it should be! Take It Easy! WOOT!

Freypower
08-09-2007, 09:58 PM
I will start the usual screenshot history shortly.

For the next game I suggest doing all the miscellaneous songs we haven't done (this is where I would have put Get You In The Mood, but never mind). This will include the Christmas songs, Seven Bridges Road (and All Night Long)? and go right up until Fast Company and Do Something. I don't think it matters that the songs are from different eras.

DonFan
08-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Congrats, Take It Easy! A worthy winner!
Do we have the second night version of it up anywhere?

sodascouts
08-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Perhaps we should divide out the misc. live from the others? That would be All Night Long, Seven Bridges Road, The Girl from Yesterday, Learn to Be Still, Get Over It, Love Will Keep Us Alive, and One Day at a Time.

Then, we could do another with the leftovers - Please Come Home for Christmas, Funky New Year, Hole in the World, No More Cloudy Days, Fast Company, and Do Something. Am I forgetting anything?

sodascouts
08-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Or should we leave off the 2005+ songs in case they're on the new album?

Freypower
08-09-2007, 10:15 PM
If you leave those last two out and you divide them up the way you've suggested, it wouldn't make for a very long game. I think they should be included in the second game as you've said. After all, we've all heard them. I really, REALLY hope they will not be on this album but if they are, we can do another game including them if necessary.

Marco
08-10-2007, 06:11 AM
:weep:
Most Of Us.... is better than Take It Easy

glenneaglesfan
08-10-2007, 06:12 AM
Congratulations to Take It Easy!!

It deserved to win, and thank you for those links, dreamer.

Mrs Frey
08-10-2007, 07:33 AM
Congratulations to "Take It Easy" from me too. It was too tough a choice for me between this song and "Peaceful Easy Feeling", anyway, so I really don't mind PEF losing to such a great song! :D

EasyFeeling
08-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Congratulations to TAKE IT EASY. :D I've expected that song would win. I'm glad PEF made the 2nd place. Apart from the fact that it is a beautiful Glenn song it's the one I took my name from. :wink:

Brooke
08-10-2007, 03:28 PM
:weep:
Most Of Us.... is better than Take It Easy

Marco, now, don't take this the wrong way, but really, you must need hearing aids!

http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/mgduck.gif

And, I just listened to PEF second night! OMG....it's absolutely beautiful! They sound something like CS&N. Or maybe, just an even better version of themselves! Can't believe I'd never heard it before! :roll:

And, congrats to Take It Easy! I've listened to it about 10 times in the past day and I love it more each time! How do you never get tired of a certain song? :spin:

And, yes Fp, your start is wonderful, as usual! Thank you. :D

08-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Congrats to Take It Easy. I agree that it is a worthy winner. And Brooke, you are right, it is amazing that after 35 years of hearing this song, I never tire of it. As much as I love Peaceful Easy Feeling and Witchy Woman, it would have been a shame if Take It Easy had lost because of the important part the song plays in the band's history.

glenneaglesfan
08-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Brooke, I'm glad you've heard the Second Night HFO version. It's so beautiful.

I love Take It Easy so much. For me it's the ultimate driving song. I voted for PEF because I love it so much and I felt it needed a bit of support