PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Bandon, OR

Midnight Visitor
09-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Looks like I'm the new kid in town. Been a fan of Joe Walsh's nearly my entire life. I was very impressed with Joe in the recent History of the Eagles DVD. Seems the clown prince has turned into a healthy wise Buddha. I'm very happy for him. He looks terrific.

I'm 45, living on the Oregon coast, 2 blocks from the beach. I run a small import store in my little town. Originally from Chicago but raised in L.A. Lived there for 25 years before I was ready to slow down. Music is my greatest passion in life and I'm happy I got to be in the middle of it for so many years.

I was drawn to this board by all the fabulous photos of Joe. I've had fun looking around a bit. Now it's time to have a look through the video sections. I'm looking for a DVD of the Eagles '76 Seattle show. Hoping to meet more of Joe's fans! Thanks for having me.

GlennLover
09-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Welcome, MV! Glad you joined us. I was impressed with Joe in the HOTE too.

WalshFan88
09-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Welcome! Great choice in an Eagle, I might add! :)

Henley Honey
09-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Welcome from me too, MV. Love you border name!

Witchy Woman
09-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Welcome, MV !!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-12-2013, 07:53 PM
welcome and may you enjoy your time with us here ..:partytime:

sodascouts
09-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Welcome - and I think your username is great, too!

Midnight Visitor
09-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Thanks everyone!! Now I'm going to go look for old photos of Glenn. I'm not just a Joe fan, I'm also a fan of Glenn's mustache. Have a good evening!

zeldabjr
09-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Welcome to the Border Midnight Visitor!!!...hope you enjoy your time here...it's a great place to be!!! :wave:

Outlawman13
09-13-2013, 12:50 AM
Welcome Midnight Visitor!!!! I too am a fan of Joe and Glenn!!!! You will love this board for sure!!!!

Glennsallnighter
09-13-2013, 04:54 AM
Welcome from me too MV! Hope you have fun posting here. I think if you look in the glennfreyonline archives here you will find plenty of pics of Glenn :heart: with the moustache.

Midnight Visitor
09-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Yes! Thank you everyone. I'm having so much fun looking around. Last night I read an in depth interview with Joe from 1981. Wonderful stuff! I even learned a few new things about him.

Also, of course, lots of gorgeous photos of Glenn w/mustache. I don't go for his Coach Frey look these days but boy that mustache and long hair was really something special.

Houston Baby
09-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Welcome MV! This is a great place to talk & learn @ the Eagles!
Enjoy!!

UndertheWire
09-14-2013, 01:37 AM
The moustache deserves its own fan club.

Seattle 1976 - there's a version online - a link was posted in the Eagles video thread - http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTUzNjE1MzQw.html

Midnight Visitor
09-14-2013, 09:36 AM
Wow! And there it is. Thanks so much UndertheWire for pointing this out to me. I know what I'll be watching this evening. I've never seen the whole thing and I can't wait till tonight. Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome!

P.S. I'm all for the Glenn's Mustache fan club!

UndertheWire
09-14-2013, 12:35 PM
You're welcome. In the short time I've been here, I found this board to be an amazing gateway into all things Eagle.

Outlawman13
09-14-2013, 10:03 PM
LOL Glenn's moustache drives me so wild too!!! Love

sad-cafe
09-15-2013, 12:02 AM
welcome

This place is awesome

Midnight Visitor
09-15-2013, 10:06 AM
Thank you so much for directing me to that Seattle '76 show! Absolutely spectacular. I'd seen bits and pieces from it but never the whole thing. I had always wanted to see a show w/Joe that was pre-HC. They are so on top of their game in that concert. You can tell the addition of Joe really lit a fire under them. My favorite moment of the show was after the most beautiful rendition of Seven Bridges Road, Glenn in his most macho cavalier voice says something to the point of, "We really GET OFF on standing in front of a microphone and singing like that!" Then you hear Joe's little voice off to the side say, "It makes me dizzy!" That really made me howl with laughter. So many great Joe moments in that show. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-15-2013, 01:06 PM
Welcome, MV!! Glad to have you here!

mustangkim11
09-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Welcome MW and thanks again for introducing me to Pinterest! :partytime:

Midnight Visitor
09-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Yes, happy we connected on there mustangkim11. Great to have someone to share all my sexy Joe photos with!

cricrichan
09-17-2013, 04:27 PM
Welcome from me too, MV!!! Glad you joined us :D

Ive always been a dreamer
09-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Welcome from me too, MV. Glad you found us and I really like your user name as well. I'm glad you are joining right in and hope you like it here on The Border.

Brooke
09-26-2013, 01:33 PM
Welcome to The Border, MV! We're glad to have ya! Tons of info here on all things Eagles!

Also, of course, lots of gorgeous photos of Glenn w/mustache. I don't go for his Coach Frey look these days but boy that mustache and long hair was really something special.

Everyone here knows I'm also a very big fan of Glenn's long hair and mustache look from the 70's! :drool:

The moustache deserves its own fan club.

Definitely an amen on that from me! :smitten:

P.S. I'm all for the Glenn's Mustache fan club!

I think we have enough! :lol:

LOL Glenn's moustache drives me so wild too!!! Love

Glenn, long hair, moustache, yum! :inlove:

Midnight Visitor
11-15-2013, 12:00 PM
I just got a birthday greeting from this board. Thank you guys so much!

Ive always been a dreamer
11-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Well Happy Birthday, MV. Hope it's a great one! If you would like for your birthday to appear on the board down at the bottom in the 'What's Going On' section, you can go to your user profile and enter your birthday. That way it will show up every year.

The Thrill Is Never Gone
11-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Happy Birthday MV. I will give you all the details from the Joe Walsh birthday concert. Enjoy your day!!!!

Midnight Visitor
11-15-2013, 06:55 PM
Happy Birthday MV. I will give you all the details from the Joe Walsh birthday concert. Enjoy your day!!!!

Looking forward to that! Cheers!