PDA

View Full Version : Colorado flooding

TimothyBFan
09-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Hoping all our Colorado Borderers are staying safe.

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2013/09/13/3-dead-in-colorado-floods/

VAisForEagleLovers
09-15-2013, 01:39 PM
The pictures I've been seeing just break my heart. I was on TDY to Colorado for about four months back in 1989. I worked at IBM between Boulder and Longmont and lived in Longmont. I remember looking at the tiny streams they called rivers with a derisive smile. To someone used to the Ohio and Potomac they were very tiny indeed. I spent a lot of time in Estes Park, I loved it there, and I remember on several trips up there thinking that it was easy to see how just a little bit of rain would cause flash flooding.

Now, the tiny stream that goes through Estes Park has flooded the entire town. The bigger stream that flows through Longmont has cut the town in half and flooded nearly everything. The road up to Estes Park with the incredible views and picture-perfect run is now completely covered with flood waters and debris.

zeldabjr
09-15-2013, 01:56 PM
wow..I hadn't heard about this...so devastating...prayers out to all affected

Houston Baby
09-16-2013, 12:58 PM
My prayers are with the people in Colorado. I have never been there but it always looks so beautiful & serene. It is sad that it seems that every part of our country has battled Mother Nature in one way or another so much in the last few years.

cricrichan
09-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Had not heard about this as well ... people of Colorado are in my thoughts and in my prayers ... :(

sodascouts
09-17-2013, 08:30 PM
I have a friend in Colorado. Prayers for everyone affected.

Brooke
09-18-2013, 08:30 PM
My niece and her fiance is somewhere there on an elk hunt. From her pics on Fb they aren't affected, thank goodness!

My heart goes out to all of those that are. :sad:

Glennsallnighter
10-12-2013, 04:49 PM
My thoughts and prayers go to the people of Colorado too.