PDA

View Full Version : Glenn and Desperado

maryc2130
09-15-2013, 08:56 AM
I've never seen Glenn solo, but I did see him years ago with Joe. Party of Two, I think it was called? Anyway, I remember that concert ended with Desperado and I thought he did a credible job with it. Does he end his solo shows with Desperado, also? Just curious!

Edited b/c I'm a lousy typist on the IPad!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-15-2013, 09:07 AM
The solo shows I went to see last year, he ended with TIE. Desperado was in the encores, though. The setlist is posted in the Town Hall thread, but since I can't remember the exact order of all the songs, it's clear to me he needs to tour solo again so I can refresh my memory!

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3675

Tiffanny Twisted
09-15-2013, 09:19 AM
I agree...another tour glenn please ...hubba hubba

he does pay homage tohis dear friend Dh before he sings it as I remember

Houston Baby
09-15-2013, 10:03 AM
I agree that he does a great job with Desperado. In fact I remember being slightly surprised how much I did like Glenn singing it.

And I REALLY agree that we need some more Glenn solo shows!!!! :rockguitar:

GlennLover
09-15-2013, 02:21 PM
Unfortunately when I saw Glenn & Joe in 2010 Glenn didn't sing Desperado. After the concert Soda & Dreamer coaxed the security guys to give them one of the setlists left behind on the stage. Dreamer was successful in obtaining it & discovered that Desperado & Partytown were scheduled at the end of the show! They must have run out of time. Glenn did't sing it in the solo shows I saw in Niagara Falls in 2011 either.

It is included on his Glenn Frey Live album & the VHS video of the concert that was released at the time. You can often get it as a bootlegged DVD.

Glennsallnighter
09-15-2013, 02:29 PM
He ended his Dublin show here in '92 where he acknowledged his 'dear friend Don Henley'. A fantastic performance.

I agree. I need another solo show too Glenn:heart: !!

Freypower
09-15-2013, 06:46 PM
I have seen him sing the song now five times; once in Los Angeles & four times in Australia (he didn't do it at Niagara Falls unless I am very much mistaken). It was perfection.

GlennLover
09-15-2013, 09:12 PM
I have seen him sing the song now five times; once in Los Angeles & four times in Australia (he didn't do it at Niagara Falls unless I am very much mistaken). It was perfection.

FP, you're right. He didn't sing it in Niagara Falls. I was really hoping that he would & that I would have remembered! You are certainly privileged to have seen Glenn perform it that many times!

Outlawman13
09-19-2013, 12:39 AM
I love the way GF sings this song as well!!! He just sounds super incredible. I would love it if Glenn did more solos as well.

maryc2130
09-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Thanks, guys. I just wondered. I do remember thinking that he did a pretty good job. I still prefer the way Don sings it, but I thought Glenn's version was good as well.