PDA

View Full Version : Intrust Bank Arena, Wichita, KS - 10/7/2013

secret squirrel
10-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Hope I haven't missed this elsewhere. Review from Wichita Eagle:

http://www.kansas.com/2013/10/07/3046344/eagles-bring-crowd-to-its-feet.html

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/some-called-it-country-some-called-it.html

MaryCalifornia
10-08-2013, 11:31 AM
I think that's the second review we've read that mentions the song "Train Leaves the Station" - I don't think the word "station" even appears in the song! Where do these reviewers get this stuff?

Brooke
10-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Too funny!

And "please don't text"? :lol:

sad-cafe
10-08-2013, 03:48 PM
it was the best concert I have ever attended!

Yea Glenn was a little pissed that people were texting!

Every song got better and better. I did not get any pictures my phone battery died even though I thought I had charged it.

Timothy had on this beautiful green t-shirt for the first half and the second half had a beautiful grey tight shirt on. Someone gave Joe a Wichita State hat and he wore it during Rocky Mountain Way. The crowd went wild.

We were on the floor and had access to a restroom that must have been near the dressing room because as I was going to the RR right before the concert, people were walking out of a backstage room with really cool bags full of stuff.

I got the Party plane t-shirt and the HOTE shirt plus a program 110$ for all.

It was a fantastic night and I am so glad I got to go. Best concert EVER

sodascouts
10-08-2013, 05:13 PM
I can see why Glenn would be annoyed because it comes off like they're not paying attention, but they were probably tweeting or texting about how great the show was. People do that all the time now; it's part of the experience for a whole generation of concert goers.

I see the Plaintiff joke is back. Sigh.

Still, sounds like a fantastic show! Thanks for posting the review, SS! Can't wait to see them myself next week!

MaryCalifornia
10-08-2013, 06:07 PM
it was the best concert I have ever attended!

Yea Glenn was a little pissed that people were texting!

Every song got better and better. I did not get any pictures my phone battery died even though I thought I had charged it.

Timothy had on this beautiful green t-shirt for the first half and the second half had a beautiful grey tight shirt on. Someone gave Joe a Wichita State hat and he wore it during Rocky Mountain Way. The crowd went wild.

We were on the floor and had access to a restroom that must have been near the dressing room because as I was going to the RR right before the concert, people were walking out of a backstage room with really cool bags full of stuff.

I got the Party plane t-shirt and the HOTE shirt plus a program 110$ for all.

It was a fantastic night and I am so glad I got to go. Best concert EVER

I'm sure people are saying things in this thread but all I'm seeing right now is TIGHT... GREY... SHIRT...

Thank you!

sad-cafe
10-08-2013, 06:52 PM
I'm sure people are saying things in this thread but all I'm seeing right now is TIGHT... GREY... SHIRT...

Thank you!

oh he looked fantastic! Maybe a little on the skinny side but I would feed him :)

Peekaboo
10-08-2013, 07:09 PM
The entire time I was at work last night I was thinking "I should be in Wichita right now." I really wish I could've been there but time, work, and money would not allow it.

Sad-cafe, i'm glad you had a great time last night. I enjoyed seeing them at the Intrust Bank Arena a few years ago. Kind of a small arena but I like that, makes it a little more intimate.

Prettymaid
10-08-2013, 09:13 PM
I can see why Glenn would be annoyed because it comes off like they're not paying attention, but they were probably tweeting or texting about how great the show was. People do that all the time now; it's part of the experience for a whole generation of concert goers.

You're right, and to me it just spotlights the generation gap between these guys and the younger, texting generation. I cringe every time I read about Don or Glenn scolding the audience. Just play music, guys.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-09-2013, 01:19 PM
sc - Thanks for your review. I'm so glad you had a chance to see the band live and think it was your best concert ever. I don't think you'd get a lot of argument from the folks here who have been to an Eagles concert. They are 'simply the best'!!! :nod: :nod: :nod:

And OBTW - it sounds like the folks you saw coming in from backstage were the fans that attended the VIP reception.

SallyGee
10-09-2013, 07:11 PM
SC, I'm so glad you had a great time. I knew you would! "Tight" shirt? WOW! I know you will be floating on air for the next few days.

sad-cafe
10-09-2013, 09:28 PM
after we saw the VIP guests, hubby said he tried to get us those but really couldn't justify the money it would have cost. I agreed. But how cool would it have been.

I am still floating on air. I just LOVE those boys. Hubby says Joe is his favorite especially all that he overcame. After we got home he spent a few hours looking up songs and watching videos. He was playing one song and started laughing really loud. He found Joe's ILBT

cricrichan
10-10-2013, 05:30 PM
So glad you and your hubby had fun, SC ;) Thank you so much for your report!

sad-cafe
10-10-2013, 10:36 PM
sorry it wasn't a better report. I had such a good time. The guys are flawless and the concert was so awesome. I hated when it ended.

WalshFan88
10-13-2013, 04:47 PM
ITC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn0riTS73bw

sad-cafe
10-13-2013, 07:47 PM
oh cool. We couldn't find any. Maybe we looked too soon.

Thank you!

WalshFan88
10-14-2013, 02:02 AM
You're welcome. Sometimes you just have to find the right search term. Some people still post "The Eagles", as opposed to "Eagles" so you have to search for both.

secret squirrel
10-24-2013, 11:25 AM
You're right, and to me it just spotlights the generation gap between these guys and the younger, texting generation. I cringe every time I read about Don or Glenn scolding the audience. Just play music, guys.

I don't know. I'm kind of with them on this one. Admittedly, I'm a bit of a Luddite but I can see why they would complain especially as they try to control what's out there on YT or whatever although I'm not sure I agree with that. I don't really think videos on YT do anything but encourage more people to buy tickets and CDs, pay to download more music and so on.

But if people are texting, it suggests they're not really enjoying the show or being part of it. I know that, even if I had the ability, I would not video a whole show like someone did at Fleetwood Mac because it would hinder my involvement in the experience. I might text someone in an intermission or immediately afterwards.

And I bet the people behind the woman standing are pleased Glenn handled it.

We squirrels are old-fashioned, I guess.

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/some-called-it-country-some-called-it.html

Freypower
10-25-2013, 09:16 PM
In the interests of completion & so I can post SS's review of this show.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/10/24/4573145/the-eagles-give-a-boisterous-sprint.html

Glennsallnighter
10-29-2013, 05:11 PM
Thanks for posting FP. Nice review and a cute pic. Love Glenn :heart: in blue again.