PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Me A Good Drama Show

Witchy Woman
10-13-2013, 06:42 PM
I have always been a fan of a good drama show. I remember even as a kid watching some of the best TV I'd ever seen and being blown away. Now that Breaking Bad is over I need a new show or 2. I like Boardwalk Empire and Law & Order:SVU, but there has to be more out there than that. Here's a sampling of what I think is fantastic television.

Hill Street Blues
St. Elsewhere
The Paper Chase
The Shield
Nip/Tuck
The Sopranos
Breaking Bad
Columbo
Dexter

If anyone can recommend anything to me along those lines I would be very appreciative :thumbsup:

Freypower
10-13-2013, 07:09 PM
The Walking Dead. You need a strong stomach but it's worth it.

EagleLady
10-13-2013, 08:01 PM
NCIS.

Brooke
10-14-2013, 10:13 AM
I'm really liking Hostages and The Blacklist. Both new shows this fall. Dylan McDermot is in Hostages and James Spader is in The Blacklist. I have to record The Blacklist because they are on at the same time on Monday's at 9pm Central time. And if hubby is home and football is on, I have to drop one of them! He won't let me claim both dvr's! Stingy guy! :lol:

Another good one on Friday nights is Blue Bloods with Tom Selleck. Great show!

I like NCIS too, but have to look away during the autopsies! I just don't need to see that gore!

Witchy Woman
10-14-2013, 02:45 PM
Thanks, folks. I've heard great things about Blacklist, so I think I'll DVR it tonight and check it out.

Victim of Love
10-14-2013, 06:20 PM
Have to agree with Eagle Lady -- NCIS. I don't miss an episode even if it means setting my DVR if I'm not going to be home. I also recommend Scandel...lots of twists and turns that keep you guessing. The vote is still out on the shows that are new this season.

SallyGee
10-18-2013, 10:02 PM
I like Criminal Minds and the Walking Dead

sad-cafe
10-18-2013, 10:25 PM
I am really liking Blue Bloods

Wish I had started watching from the beginning

Ive always been a dreamer
10-19-2013, 12:38 AM
I don't watch much TV but I do watch Nashville and Dallas - love them both!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-19-2013, 09:12 PM
love blue bloods
love Nashville
love nc is

and I will think of more

SteveJoburg
10-31-2013, 10:38 AM
The missus and I love Blue Bloods (great acting, and the Sunday night family dinner scenes are some of the best dialogue on TV in years) but I have to say of late we've fallen for American Horror Story hook line and sinker.

Jessica Lange is just sublime and the new season centering on witches and voodoo is very interesting. And the whole Stevie Nicks tie in is fun.

Brooke
10-31-2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks SJ! Your reference to Stevie makes me want to check out AHS!

SteveJoburg
10-31-2013, 05:59 PM
You're welcome Brooke!

They have played at least one Stevie or Fleetwood Mac song in each episode so far... And after the first coupe of episodes, especially due to how her name is being used in the show, I checked on line and found that she had given the writers permission... I think she'd be getting a kick out of it.

Grey Sadler
10-31-2013, 08:48 PM
The Walking Dead. You need a strong stomach but it's worth it.

I agree...the interactions between the "living" characters are what drew me in, but things do get quite gory at times...

prayfordaylight
11-01-2013, 12:55 PM
The missus and I love Blue Bloods (great acting, and the Sunday night family dinner scenes are some of the best dialogue on TV in years) but I have to say of late we've fallen for American Horror Story hook line and sinker.

Jessica Lange is just sublime and the new season centering on witches and voodoo is very interesting. And the whole Stevie Nicks tie in is fun.

I started watching Coven this year because of the whole Stevie thing. LOVING it so far.