PDA

View Full Version : IHeartRadio Contest - Win tix and backstage passes for Eagles in London 2014!

shunlvswx
10-14-2013, 10:03 AM
I was listening to the radio this morning and they started playing Life in a Fast Lane, but that's not it. I Heart Radio was giving away a trip to London to see the guys I guess sometime next year. I had at first thought they were giving away a trip to one of the concerts here in the US or the Eagles were coming to Mississippi. I got excited too quick. LOL

Prettymaid
10-14-2013, 11:01 AM
I was listening to the radio this morning and they started playing Life in a Fast Lane, but that's not it. I Heart Radio was giving away a trip to London to see the guys I guess sometime next year. I had at first thought they were giving away a trip to one of the concerts here in the US or the Eagles were coming to Mississippi. I got excited too quick. LOL

This is the first 'official' thing I've heard about them touring Europe next year, although we suspected it. This is big news indeed, especially for our members over there!

Freypower
10-14-2013, 04:27 PM

I'm sorry, but how can they have a contest for something that hasn't even been announced?

shunlvswx
10-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Good question. I was wondering about that too. They didn't say when the concert was going to be that's why I thought maybe it was for a US date this year.

That was the first time I heard about this. I'm always on the radio station to see if they will play an Eagles song while I'm in my car.

I will do some research on this.

Prettymaid
10-14-2013, 08:29 PM
I googled this and could only find an I heart radio contest from March of this year to fly the winner to the London Sundance Film Festival to see the documentary.

shunlvswx
10-14-2013, 08:45 PM
I will keep an eye out for this. I Heart Radio do stuff like this a lot. I know they did that for the I Heart Radio, but it was more for tickets to the festival. But they kinda jumped the gun on this since there's no announcement on this just yet.

Freypower
10-15-2013, 04:57 PM
Jack Tempchin's FB page has a link to this alleged contest:

http://news.iheart.com/ultimatecontests/eagles/

The most dubious part of it, apart from the fact that the European tour has not been announced, is the 'hang with the Eagles backstage' part. Uh Huh.

sodascouts
10-15-2013, 07:27 PM
Iheartradio is a project of Clear Channel and thus Azoff, right? He can get them to do a lot they wouldn't normally do...

Sounds legit to me.

Henley Honey
10-15-2013, 08:04 PM
Iheartradio is a project of Clear Channel and thus Azoff, right? He can get them to do a lot they wouldn't normally do...

Sounds legit to me.

It's absolutely legit. After reading the "Official Rules" of the contest (don't you just love lawyer-ese!!) it sounds as it an individual's odds of winning are similar to that of winning the lottery, but I'll give it a shot. There's nothing to lose and everything to gain!!!

shunlvswx
10-15-2013, 09:27 PM
IHeartradio usually do these kinds of contest. I think their was a contest to go see Rod Stewart early this year. They do the tickets for the IheartRadio every year. We have another Clear Channel station in my city, but that's a country station. I think they do country giveaways too like to the Academy of Country Music Awards and the Country Music Association Awards.

I wouldn't mind going to London and see the Eagles.

Prettymaid
10-16-2013, 06:58 AM
It's absolutely legit. After reading the "Official Rules" of the contest (don't you just love lawyer-ese!!) it sounds as it an individual's odds of winning are similar to that of winning the lottery, but I'll give it a shot. There's nothing to lose and everything to gain!!!

Maybe this info deserves its own thread, or at least moved to the correct forum where it will be seen.

MaryCalifornia
10-17-2013, 12:50 AM
IHeart radio ran a contest last year that allowed the winner to fly on Taylor Swift's private jet to her concert and hang backstage, so this is small peanuts for them. I know the Eagles do meet and greets, so I don't know what the big deal is about "hanging backstage" with them - you get to go back there with a handler and meet them. I WOULD be impressed if the winner got to go on the band's private jet.

Glennsallnighter
10-17-2013, 03:10 AM
Regardless of the competition it's great to hear that the Eagles may be planning some European dates!!!

Anyone got a link to the radios website?

Freypower
10-17-2013, 06:02 PM
IHeart radio ran a contest last year that allowed the winner to fly on Taylor Swift's private jet to her concert and hang backstage, so this is small peanuts for them. I know the Eagles do meet and greets, so I don't know what the big deal is about "hanging backstage" with them - you get to go back there with a handler and meet them. I WOULD be impressed if the winner got to go on the band's private jet.

I don't know where you got the idea that meet & greets with the Eagles are regular events, because they are not.

GA, see the previous page for a link. I imagine it is for US residents.

MaryCalifornia
10-17-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm not seeing in my post where I said or implied that Eagles meet and greets are regular events.

sad-cafe
10-17-2013, 08:48 PM

could you imagine 2+ hours with Timothy B on a plane??? :love:

Glennsallnighter
10-18-2013, 03:25 AM
GA, see the previous page for a link. I imagine it is for US residents.

As usual! Surprise, Surprise!

Ive always been a dreamer
10-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Well - even if you don't get a tour of their private plane, it's still a pretty sweet deal for whoever wins this! I'm thinking I sure wouldn't turn it down! :thumbsup:

MaryCalifornia
10-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Heck yeah! Good luck everyone!!! Could you imagine if a Borderer won the contest? That would be good karma coming back at us.

SoaringRockyMountainWay
10-23-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm definitely going to try for it. I'm so excited about the thought of meeting them. I'm really scared of flying on an airplane but I would do it for the Eagles. If someone from The Border does win, could the person give my letter to the Eagles?

Glennsallnighter
10-29-2013, 03:26 PM
I'm definitely going to try for it. I'm so excited about the thought of meeting them. I'm really scared of flying on an airplane but I would do it for the Eagles. If someone from The Border does win, could the person give my letter to the Eagles?

I'm doing it next week!!

desperado
10-31-2013, 06:41 PM
my iheart station Q104.3 WXAQ NY announces a code work you text in to "36500" at various times during the day. I have been actively participating!

prayfordaylight
11-01-2013, 01:07 PM
The codeword right now is CHEESE. Text it to 36500 until 2PM ET.

desperado
11-01-2013, 01:13 PM
The codeword right now is CHEESE. Text it to 36500 until 2PM ET.

Yes cheese is the code word, but that was from 12:00pm and it's only good for 15 minutes
After 12:15 it won't work
Next word is at 2:00

prayfordaylight
11-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Yes cheese is the code word, but that was from 12:00pm and it's only good for 15 minutes
After 12:15 it won't work
Next word is at 2:00

Aah. My station didn't say how long it was good for - only the 2PM part.

desperado
11-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Aah. My station didn't say how long it was good for - only the 2PM part.

NEXT CODE IS COMING UP AT 3PM

sad-cafe
11-12-2013, 12:52 AM
I would LOVE to win this

SoaringRockyMountainWay
11-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Is this contest done? I thought it ended in January but they haven't been saying key words on the air. I didn't have time to do it for a while because of school and homework but when I had a snow day, I was going to do it and they didn't say any key words.