PDA

View Full Version : History of the Eagles Tour Setlist

Ive always been a dreamer
10-19-2013, 12:11 AM
We posted a setlist for the Long Road Out of Eden tour and it was quite helpful, so I thought I'd post the info for the HOTE tour as well. This is the setlist for all shows starting with the Louisville show on 7/6/13. If there are any changes, I will update this post.

Set 1

1.) Saturday Night
2.) Train Leaves Here This Morning
3.) Peaceful Easy Feeling
4.) Witchy Woman
5.) Doolin-Dalton
6.) Tequila Sunrise
7.) Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise
8.) Already Gone
9.) Best of My Love
10.) Lyin' Eyes
11.) One of These Nights
12.) Take It to the Limit

[Intermission]

Set 2

13.) Wasted Time Reprise
14.) Pretty Maids All In a Row
15.) I Can't Tell You Why
16.) New Kid In Town
17.) Love Will Keep Us Alive
18.) Heartache Tonight
19.) Those Shoes
20.) In the City

[Band Intros]

21.) Life's Been Good
22.)The Long Run
23.) Funk #49
24.) Life In the Fast Lane

1st encore

25.) Hotel California

2nd encore

26.) Take It Easy
27.) Rocky Mountain Way
28.) Desperado

thelastresort
10-19-2013, 08:47 AM
Sorry to clutter the thread, does anyone have the link to that LROOE set list thread? Thanks :)

10-19-2013, 12:59 PM
tlr - Here is the link to the LROOE setlist ...

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1211

Brooke
10-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Thanks for doing that Dreamer! I just can't wait to hear all the new ones (oldies)!

sad-cafe
10-21-2013, 11:26 PM
was a fantastic show!

sodascouts
10-22-2013, 12:56 AM
Out of my top 20 Eagles songs, all but five are played. This concert is like a dream setlist for me!

sad-cafe
10-22-2013, 10:09 PM
what are those other 5 songs Soda?

sodascouts
10-22-2013, 11:27 PM
Out of Control, Seven Bridges Road, How Long, Waiting in the Weeds, and What Do I Do with My Heart.

Brooke
10-23-2013, 10:21 AM
I think they made a mistake not putting one song from LROOE in this History Tour set list. Did they forget about that album completely?

How Long would have been my pick if I could only have one.

thelastresort
10-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Agreed. LROOE, How Long and Somebody would be my nominations. Could also do with something else from OTB too, very thin on the ground there. That said though, it's quite a long set list as it is (I'm guessing 2 1/2-3 hours?) and they are getting on slightly.

WalshFan88
10-23-2013, 01:09 PM
The only one I would want added would be Victim Of Love, but other than that it is perfect for me.

10-23-2013, 01:36 PM
I think they made a mistake not putting one song from LROOE in this History Tour set list. Did they forget about that album completely?

How Long would have been my pick if I could only have one.

I agree with you 100% about this Brooke. Overall, I love the setlist even though I would do a bit of 'tweeking' if it were up to me. Sometimes they make a few changes during different legs of a tour, so I wouldn't be surprised if that happens again. We'll have to see what happens when they tour Europe next year.

Brooke
10-23-2013, 02:10 PM
I agree with you 100% about this Brooke. Overall, I love the setlist even though I would do a bit of 'tweeking' if it were up to me. Sometimes they make a few changes during different legs of a tour, so I wouldn't be surprised if that happens again. We'll have to see what happens when they tour Europe next year.

So far they haven't changed anything which is unusual for them. Hope they don't change anything for me tomorrow night. Unless they add something which I'm sure they won't. They are doing a pretty long show as it is. Which I LOVE!

10-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Since they haven't made any changes so far for this tour, I'd bet they won't make any until Europe or after, but as we always say 'never say never'.

thelastresort
10-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Straying slightly off-topic, do the Eagles have a history of changing tour setlists frequently? I get the impression from Glenn (in particular) that he'd be the sort of person to rigidly stick to a schedule come what may and not mess with it, certainly not on a concert-by-concert basis. I'd imagine they might play one or two songs in some countries where they were popular but otherwise I couldn't imagine them chopping and changing a lot too often.

I just hope the European legs are as jam-packed as the US ones have been. I want to hear the likes of Saturday Night, Doolin-Dalton and Those Shoes! Of course, a more pressing question would be whether or not all five Eagles tour or just the usual four...

Brooke
10-23-2013, 03:49 PM
They are pretty well-known for dropping newer songs as the tour progresses. Such as, in the LROOE tour they started out doing Somebody and Busy Being Fabulous but dropped them after a few shows.

So far, so good on this tour. But there aren't really any 'new' songs in it either.

Prettymaid
10-23-2013, 09:48 PM
This HOTE show is pretty tight. It's hard to imagine them changing it. The beginning almost feels like a musical with them sitting on their boxes talking about how they started rehearsing back in 1971. The show unfolds like a well rehearsed play.

sad-cafe
10-23-2013, 10:12 PM
Out of Control, Seven Bridges Road, How Long, Waiting in the Weeds, and What Do I Do with My Heart.

oh, I could go for those!

Hubby was disappointed they didn't do SBR he really likes that one infact, at the concert he said he just knew they would do SBR after Those Shoes (guess he does pay attention to the CD) and also Hole in the World

MaryCalifornia
01-07-2014, 11:47 PM
Thank you for making this, Dreamer. I just sent it to hubby and told him to "listen to the songs he doesn't know on iTunes" so he'll know them before our show! I'm guessing he doesn't know 4 of the first 7 songs, and maybe not PMAIAR.

Brooke
01-08-2014, 11:06 AM
OOooo MC, he'd definitely better do his homework! I know he will find it very boring (NOT), but he will enjoy the show more if he knows their work better! :lol:

01-08-2014, 01:27 PM
Great idea, MC. I agree with Brooke that hubby may enjoy the show more if he is familiar with the songs. Ya may wanna throw in a history lesson or two in as well before the show. :wink: :twisted:

Glennsallnighter
01-13-2014, 03:13 AM
I have made an iTunes playlist for the HOTE set list and have burned that to CD for a friend who will be going to the first Dublin show. She says she doesn't know any Eagles songs - her husband is the fan! I'd say she will be surprised when she listens to it!

GlennLover
01-13-2014, 10:41 AM
She'll have a very pleasant surprise! What a cool thing to do for her. :-):grooving:

Brooke
01-13-2014, 03:50 PM
Very nice of you Ga! :thumbsup:

When I went to see Jackson Browne I did that for our friends that went with us and we listened to it on the way to the show!

Glennsallnighter
01-13-2014, 06:08 PM
Thanks. She was delighted with it!

ktdids
02-16-2014, 02:27 AM
We posted a setlist for the Long Road Out of Eden tour and it was quite helpful, so I thought I'd post the info for the HOTE tour as well. This is the setlist for all shows starting with the Louisville show on 7/6/13. If there are any changes, I will update this post.

Set 1

1.) Saturday Night
4.) Witchy Woman
5.) Doolin-Dalton
6.) Tequila Sunrise
8.) Already Gone
9.) Best of My Love
10.) Lyin' Eyes
11.) One of These Nights

[Intermission]

Set 2

13.) Wasted Time Reprise
16.) New Kid In Town
18.) Heartache Tonight
19.) Those Shoes
20.) In the City

[Band Intros]

21.) Life's Been Good
22.)The Long Run
23.) Funk #49

1st encore

25.) Hotel California

2nd encore

26.) Take It Easy
27.) Rocky Mountain Way
28.) Desperado

I had an a-ha moment when No More Walks in the Woods came up on my music player. Wouldn't it work into the second set of the show and give us not only the SBR harmony effect but a selection from LROOE as well, which they don't represent in the show? It's a short song so it wouldn't throw the timing of the show off completely I would think. They could use it to lead off the second half of the show since they lose the continuity in timeline then.

Freypower
02-16-2014, 05:51 PM
It would be out of chronological order.

sodascouts
02-16-2014, 05:54 PM
It might be nice as an encore; it's great as a vocal showcase, although the melody meanders a bit (IMHO).

However, I'd much rather have "Seven Bridges Road" to show those off like they did at the LA Forum that one night. "Seven Bridges Road" into "How Long" was perfect as it also injected the woefully neglected LROOE quickly and efficiently. Wouldn't it be great if they decided to make that encore a regular part of their set?

thelastresort
02-16-2014, 06:37 PM
I have to be honest, as much as I love The James Gang and Joe Walsh's solo stuff, I wish they would either replace or complement them with genuine Eagles hits, perhaps more stuff from On the Border etc. It doesn't seem right to me that Henley and Frey's solo works get cut but songs Walsh did elsewhere / as a solo artist remain. Also wish they would make Take It Easy the last song, Desperado is such a depressing note to go out on, and if I'm honest I think Don H. makes it more dramatic than needs to be. Would fit right in earlier on, they could go from Desperado straight into the Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise, which I think works really well.

WalshFan88
02-16-2014, 06:49 PM
I have to be honest, as much as I love The James Gang and Joe Walsh's solo stuff, I wish they would either replace or complement them with genuine Eagles hits, perhaps more stuff from On the Border etc. It doesn't seem right to me that Henley and Frey's solo works get cut but songs Walsh did elsewhere / as a solo artist remain. Also wish they would make Take It Easy the last song, Desperado is such a depressing note to go out on, and if I'm honest I think Don H. makes it more dramatic than needs to be. Would fit right in earlier on, they could go from Desperado straight into the Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise, which I think works really well.

For me I prefer Life's Been Good as an Eagles song. It sounds like an Eagles theme song that describes them. So much so that I never listen to the But Seriously Folks version anymore, it's always the Eagles Live version. It's just way better. As far as #49 or RMW, I'm not as picky about those but I can tell you that Joe makes the show and is the hit of the show every time. He steals the show about halfway through and all eyes are on Joe. Songs like LBG allow the band to relax and let Joe become in the driver's seat. He makes the show fun for me. That said I'm fine with whatever for Funk #49 or RMW but if I went to an Eagles concert and didn't hear Life's Been Good, I'd be pretty PO'd. The harmonies and twin solos on the Eagles versions make that song, which was Joe's best IMO to begin with.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-16-2014, 08:37 PM
Well, TLR, we've discussed this in several threads and there are many here who agree with you. My take on it, and it's my opinion based on very little fact, but I feel those songs were part of the reason Glenn selected Joe to replace Bernie. To get Joe as a guitar player, definitely, but I think he wanted those songs in the setlist. He got on stage with them and played them with them before he joined, so Glenn and the others had a good feel for how they were received. Lastly, the Eagles have been playing them on stage since 1975. They probably don't look at them as solo songs anymore.

I've been to 8 concerts on this tour and am going to 2 more (even more if they ever play the many places here in the US that they missed), and I can say that if these songs weren't in the setlist, the number would 5 or less.

02-16-2014, 11:10 PM
Well VA - I absolutely agree with you. The only thing I'd change of Joe's songs is that I prefer Walk Away over Funk #49.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-16-2014, 11:22 PM
Me too. I prefer Walk Away over Funk 49 but the way Glenn and Joe do the dueling guitars before 49 is good entertainment.

sodascouts
02-17-2014, 01:16 AM
As has been stated, they've been doing some of Joe's solo songs since he joined the band. Additionally, if he didn't do them, he'd have very little to work with. Remember that he only sings lead on five Eagles songs, and of those only two are recognized by the casual fan.

That said, I wouldn't mind switching one of his solo/James Gang songs out for an Eagles song. They could always bring back "Guilty of the Crime", which would maintain his number of leads and incorporate LROOE. Another option would be "All Night Long" which I think counts as an Eagles song since it appears on the 1980 Eagles Live album.

Fat chance, though!

thelastresort
02-19-2014, 06:41 PM
Just having a look back through this thread and the other post-1994 setlists; and it's made me realise just how neglected On the Border is. There are some absolutely cracking songs on the album (I'd say it's the Eagles' most underrated work), yet there only ever seems to be one or two songs from it in a 25+ song show. I'd love for them to do something like Good Day in Hell or Ol' 55 (or perhaps even Midnight Flyer, but I don't think TBS's voice would fit it, plus he'd probably be too respectful of Randy to cover it). Oh well, I can keep on dreaming I guess...

02-19-2014, 11:35 PM
Just having a look back through this thread and the other post-1994 setlists; and it's made me realise just how neglected On the Border is. There are some absolutely cracking songs on the album (I'd say it's the Eagles' most underrated work), yet there only ever seems to be one or two songs from it in a 25+ song show. I'd love for them to do something like Good Day in Hell or Ol' 55 (or perhaps even Midnight Flyer, but I don't think TBS's voice would fit it, plus he'd probably be too respectful of Randy to cover it). Oh well, I can keep on dreaming I guess...

I agree with you about On the Border being one of the band's most underrated albums. IIRC, there was one point during the LROOE tour where there was nothing from OTB in the setlist.

Brooke
04-22-2014, 01:26 PM
This is the setlist for all shows starting with the Louisville show on 7/6/13. If there are any changes, I will update this post.

Set 1

1.) Saturday Night
4.) Witchy Woman
5.) Doolin-Dalton
6.) Tequila Sunrise
8.) Already Gone
9.) Best of My Love
10.) Lyin' Eyes
11.) One of These Nights

[Intermission]

Set 2

13.) Wasted Time Reprise
16.) New Kid In Town
18.) Heartache Tonight
19.) Those Shoes
20.) In the City

[Band Intros]

21.) Life's Been Good
22.)The Long Run
23.) Funk #49

1st encore

25.) Hotel California

2nd encore

26.) Take It Easy
27.) Rocky Mountain Way
28.) Desperado

Since most have now seen the show I was just wondering if one song could be cut in order to have a song from LROOE, what would you choose? I'm assuming the above set list is the current one.

I would cut Pretty Maids and add How Long. The order wouldn't bother me, but I guess they could fix that if need be. I just feel that at least one song from that album should be performed in order to preserve 'history'!

MaryCalifornia
04-22-2014, 01:56 PM
Brooke, I agree with adding How Long, and I would cut In the City. [no offense intended, it's a fine song and I love the oooh oooh oooh oooohs, but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Prettymaids ...] Obviously I would love one more TBS lead, but it wouldn't be either of the songs from LROOE, it would be Keep on Tryin. (and that's not gonna happen on this tour).

thelastresort
04-22-2014, 02:06 PM
Brooke, some things just aren't OK in life. Cutting PMAIAR is one of them! ;)

I'd go for ICTWY (sorry TBS fans!) or Those Shoes. Also wish they'd have something extra from On the Border: GDIH or James Dean would be perfect.

thelastresort
04-22-2014, 02:08 PM
I would love one more TBS lead, but it wouldn't be either of the songs from LROOE

Which were his two LROOE leads? Been a long time since I've given it a listen!

MaryCalifornia
04-22-2014, 02:17 PM
Do Something and I Don't Want to Hear Anymore

Brooke
04-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Brooke, some things just aren't OK in life. Cutting PMAIAR is one of them! ;)

I'd go for ICTWY (sorry TBS fans!) or Those Shoes. Also wish they'd have something extra from On the Border: GDIH or James Dean would be perfect.

I love PMAIAR too, but I had to pick something and that was my first choice. I would really prefer that they just add one and not cut anything!

Zanny Kingston
04-22-2014, 04:57 PM
I would like to see them do two songs from LROOE- They could cut "In the city" and then add something as well. - One can always hope I guess.

Freypower
04-22-2014, 05:50 PM
The song I would cut woudl be The Long Run. I don't like it very much. Sorry to those who do. If I had to add ONE LROOE song it would be the title track, but as I know not many agree with me about it, How Long or No More Cloudy Days or Somebody. I make no apologies for those choices.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-22-2014, 06:24 PM
I would vote off Those Shoes. I've never really cared for that song (even if I do like shoes, even those kind of shoes). I wouldn't want any of Joe's songs cut, and certainly none of the others, either. So...adding one without cutting anything is probably the way to go. It's not like How Long is the epic ten minutes of the title track...it's a measly 3 minutes!

thelastresort
04-22-2014, 06:25 PM
The song I would cut woudl be The Long Run. I don't like it very much. Sorry to those who do. If I had to add ONE LROOE song it would be the title track, but as I know not many agree with me about it, How Long or No More Cloudy Days or Somebody. I make no apologies for those choices.

Agree with three of those nominations, but replace NMCD with ILTWAWD or WITW and that'd suit me down to the ground. The one thing I dislike about the chronology is that it means you aren't really too flexible with positions of tracks - LROOE would make a great second set opener, but it wouldn't fit in later amongst the harder rocking songs like Joe's solo work or LITFL etc.

WalshFan88
04-22-2014, 06:31 PM
Noooooo! I love Those Shoes. In fact it was the highlight of the St. Louis concert I went to! Love the music and the lyrics....

I'd much rather see something else go like RMW or PMAIAR or ITC or something... Those Shoes is one of the best tracks from The Long Run IMO, I'd put it above anything other than the title track, Heartache Tonight, and I Can't Tell You Why. I even like it more than In The City.

Freypower
04-22-2014, 06:31 PM
Agree with three of those nominations, but replace NMCD with ILTWAWD or WITW and that'd suit me down to the ground. The one thing I dislike about the chronology is that it means you aren't really too flexible with positions of tracks - LROOE would make a great second set opener, but it wouldn't fit in later amongst the harder rocking songs like Joe's solo work or LITFL etc.

ILTWAWD?

The band have never played it & Glenn only played it a couple of times. In my wildest dreams one day it will be played again. However in terms of popularity, a lot of people don't like it. I do not share this opinion; however we unfortunately have to be realistic.

MaryCalifornia
04-22-2014, 06:42 PM
Agree with WF that Those Shoes was sort of epic. I think the lighting had a lot to do with it.

thelastresort
04-22-2014, 07:28 PM
ILTWAWD?

The band have never played it & Glenn only played it a couple of times. In my wildest dreams one day it will be played again. However in terms of popularity, a lot of people don't like it. I do not share this opinion; however we unfortunately have to be realistic.

I know, there's zero chance of it happening but I would love to see it. My favourites which are reasonable calls would be How Long and Somebody.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-22-2014, 07:47 PM
I'm not a fan of the talk box, and RMW is enough for that. But, you can see how diverse just a few of us are! Glad I don't have to make these decisions and can just sit back and play Monday morning quarterback!

WalshFan88
04-22-2014, 09:33 PM
I'm not a fan of the talk box, and RMW is enough for that. But, you can see how diverse just a few of us are! Glad I don't have to make these decisions and can just sit back and play Monday morning quarterback!

No love for the talk box?! Sacrilege!!!!! :lol:

I actually secretly (well not now!) prefer the talk box on TS over the solo on RMW.

I think no matter what setlist the guys did - none of us would be 100 percent happy, and that's ok.... You can't please everybody. And if they did one of our "dream setlists" - then what about the other people who would likely be VERY dissatisfied!

Prettymaid
04-22-2014, 10:47 PM
however we unfortunately have to be realistic.

How come? :D

I must be the only one here (or one of the few) who doesn't mind the omission of a song from LROOE. I don't care for the album that much and I like the current set list. I remember how we used to dream of hearing some of these old songs, and I was pleasantly surprised that the Eagles shook it up as much as they did. Yes, LROOE is a part of their history, but I think when they had the idea of doing a HOTE tour they were thinking of bringing back some of their older stuff.

Freypower
04-22-2014, 11:30 PM
I agree that it was a good idea to bring back some of the older songs. However for them to just act as if they had never even released LROOE is a big mistake, in my view.

Prettymaid
04-23-2014, 08:23 AM
I agree that it was a good idea to bring back some of the older songs. However for them to just act as if they had never even released LROOE is a big mistake, in my view.

Well, their last tour was the LROOE tour, and even during that tour they were dropping the songs from it like hot potatoes!

Brooke
04-23-2014, 10:17 AM
I know! And I still can't imagine why they did that! I think if they would have changed it up a bit rather than playing all of the new songs together it would have went over better with people that didn't know the new songs. You know, do an oldie or two and insert a newbie, here and there.

Anyways, I'm happy they did bring back some of the old songs too.

And not wanting to offend anyone, but if they did ILTWAWD I would have to get up and take a bathroom break. I can't help it, I hate it. It ranks up there with Glenn's Delicious for me. :fear:

Freypower
04-23-2014, 06:13 PM
It was pretty annoying for them to do IDWTHAM & GOTC on the first night in Sydney & then for those songs to just disappear. Somebody was luckier. It lasted three nights. Imagine if the After Hours tour had been like this. It wasn't. I remain eternally grateful.

04-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Well - If I can only cut one song, it has to be a slow song - can't get rid of any mid-tempo or up-tempo songs. So, I'm also going with PMAIAR. Even though I like the song a lot, I just like the others better. And I'm going to add 7BR and How Long back in as an encore like they did at the first L.A. Forum show. Since they do an abbreviated version of 7BR and How Long is a short song, the 1 1/2 songs together probably aren't as long as PMAIAR. Like most of you, my preference is to not cut anything and add them in just like in L.A. - it was awesome!

sodascouts
04-24-2014, 12:39 AM
I love Pretty Maids! I'd cut RMW for a 7B / HL combo - or just add it like LA.

Glennsallnighter
04-25-2014, 04:11 AM
Good idea Soda!

thelastresort
07-28-2014, 09:05 AM
Seems to fit in here better than anywhere else: does anyone know why Glenn referred to Saturday Night as 'Whatever Happened to Saturday Night?' when he introduced it? Entirely trivial of course but maybe that's his preferred name for it or something?

GlennLover
07-28-2014, 09:36 AM
Seems to fit in here better than anywhere else: does anyone know why Glenn referred to Saturday Night as 'Whatever Happened to Saturday Night?' when he introduced it? Entirely trivial of course but maybe that's his preferred name for it or something?

Tlr, I don't know the reason, but I remember hearing him call it "Whatever Happened To Saturday Night" once before. I thought it might have been on Eagles Live but I listened to it and it's not. It must be on a bootleg from the seventies. Does anyone remember?

There's probably no real reason for it. I have heard him call "New Kid In Town", "There's A New Kid In Town".

sodascouts
07-28-2014, 11:05 AM
The longer version was probably the original working title, and they (or the record company) shortened the title for release. Glenn apparently prefers the original! I think there are other instances of this besides Saturday Night and New Kid in Town, but they're not coming to me.

Freypower
07-28-2014, 06:22 PM
The Same Girl instead of Same Girl.

Houston Baby
09-26-2014, 10:10 AM
A co-worker overheard me last week talking @ the EAGLES concert. Come to find out, his son works security at some of the concerts in Houston so he brought me a copy of the EAGLES’ set list from the February show here. The setlist had notes on it that his son took during the preconcert meeting. Beside Already Gone and Best of My Love was written “may stand”. After Take It to the Limit was “intermission”. Besides Pretty Maids, I Can’t Tell You Why, New Kid in Town and Love will Keep Us Alive was written “first 4 rows keep seated” and beside Hotel California was “check for cameras”. These were the instructions that security was given. :)

VAisForEagleLovers
09-26-2014, 11:35 AM
HB, this is very interesting!

Once a concert is over, I post my thoughts and impressions in a log on my computer. Of course I post a review here. All I remember of the Raleigh concert is what I wrote that night, due to the fever I was running. In my notes I wrote that the security guy next to me (I was front row on the aisle) told me they were instructed that everyone could stand during the 7th song and after that. I think it was after Tequila Sunrise he told me he'd lost count, and asked what the 7th song was. I told him AG and then he went and said something to the next guard and he said something to someone else. The guy was nervous about getting it right.

WalshFan88
09-26-2014, 11:46 AM
Very interesting to me!

Of course I've talked about this before at length, but it all seems so trivial and controlling to me....I mean it isn't just vague instructions on behavior, it's thought out down to how many rows can do what when and on certain songs check for cameras (but they aren't so stern about other songs?!). Checking for cameras during HC makes sense because that's the song they LOVE to pull first from YouTube....granted, it's their biggest song of the night but I don't know why HC would be any different as far as not liking to be filmed. I figured it would be pertinent to all of them. I just don't understand the don't do this, do that during said time, don't step here, walk on your tiptoes through here, etc. Of course I'm dramatizing it but it comes across like it's almost a joke in literal sense, as if they are pulling a joke on people.

Next they will be telling us what we can't eat 12 hours before the concert for fear of our stomachs gurgling too loudly during a ballad. :hilarious:

Houston Baby
09-26-2014, 02:25 PM
Next they will be telling us what we can't eat 12 hours before the concert for fear of our stomachs gurgling too loudly during a ballad. :hilarious:
:rofl:

Brooke
09-26-2014, 04:25 PM
HB, very interesting!

And I have to agree....lighten up while you still can, guys! :wink: :hilarious:

DJ
09-29-2014, 07:15 PM
Very interesting to me!

Of course I've talked about this before at length, but it all seems so trivial and controlling to me....I mean it isn't just vague instructions on behavior, it's thought out down to how many rows can do what when and on certain songs check for cameras (but they aren't so stern about other songs?!). Checking for cameras during HC makes sense because that's the song they LOVE to pull first from YouTube....granted, it's their biggest song of the night but I don't know why HC would be any different as far as not liking to be filmed. I figured it would be pertinent to all of them. I just don't understand the don't do this, do that during said time, don't step here, walk on your tiptoes through here, etc. Of course I'm dramatizing it but it comes across like it's almost a joke in literal sense, as if they are pulling a joke on people.

No Austin, they will just have them perform in a sound proof glass box! ;-)
We can hear them but they can't hear us and of course no pictures because of the glass glare.......Maybe I should write to Irving about this. hmmmm.. Haha. :heybaby:

Funk 50
07-15-2015, 05:31 AM
A co-worker overheard me last week talking @ the EAGLES concert. Come to find out, his son works security at some of the concerts in Houston so he brought me a copy of the EAGLES’ set list from the February show here. The setlist had notes on it that his son took during the preconcert meeting. Beside Already Gone and Best of My Love was written “may stand”. After Take It to the Limit was “intermission”. Besides Pretty Maids, I Can’t Tell You Why, New Kid in Town and Love will Keep Us Alive was written “first 4 rows keep seated” and beside Hotel California was “check for cameras”. These were the instructions that security was given. :)

Thanks for sharing that Houston Baby.

I'm sure they are just tweaking the camera/standing rules to make as effective as possible while causing the least disruption.
Security have the task to be conspicuous in an inconspicuous manner. Sounds impossible, credit the Eagles for making a considerable effort to make it work.