PDA

View Full Version : Glenn talks about his kids.

glenneaglesfan
07-26-2007, 06:41 AM
I’ve been enjoying an audio of one of Glenn’s solo concerts, and thought these comments he made about his kids were cute.

“I wish we had more time so that I could tell you about my three kids. Oh my god. Ok, I’ll tell you a little about my three kids."

"I have a fourteen year old daughter. To her, I’m an idiot, ok. She looked at me at twelve and thought “I’m not sure that he knows everything.” At fourteen she said “I know you don’t know everything.” So that’s my daughter. Except I keep telling her “You’re going to have to get a car, and I’m the DMV. So you’d better work out all that, all that early morning and late afternoon anger, because I’m going to be the guy who gets you the car, or doesn’t get you the car.”

“My son, my twelve year old son, has an aptitude for sloth. He’s going to have to be a musician, because all he’s going to do is sit around and play guitar in our house until we kick him out.”

“My three year old son, Otis; Otis is, he’s the fifth Eagle. He is, like he’s, uh – he watches these - we’ve been working on this video from Melbourne, so we use it now like a babysitting tool. Otis, ‘cause he’s seen a couple of shows, actually he was at Nassau and Continental Airlines out east last month. Otis gets up at 6, and Otis goes, like, ‘til 9 at night, and, like Joe Walsh and myself, he doesn’t want to sleep.

“So anyway, that’s my kids. That’s why I’m tired, that’s why I’m here. This is my chance to sleep. Ladies and gentlemen, I tell you right now that getting up at 5.30 in the morning to go to Bermuda looks like a good night’s sleep compared with things at the Frey house.”

“And, anyway, I love my kids…”

For non US readers, DMV is the Department for Motor Vehicles.
(From Microsoft Encarta)

Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY, 6/4/05
Continental Airlines Centre, East Rutherford, NJ, 8/4/05
(Concert information from the fastlane 2005 tourblog, with thanks)

Mrs Frey
07-26-2007, 07:04 AM
This is wonderful, GEF - thanks for posting it. It's really sweet, as well as humourous, and gives us an idea of what an attentive, observant and involved father Glenn :heart: is.

EasyFeeling
07-26-2007, 12:00 PM
That's great! I love his sense of humor. :D

DonFan
07-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Awww, that was so sweet. There is nothing so special as a man who really loves his children.

Molly
07-26-2007, 01:19 PM
I have stolen and often used that DMV line on my own kids! Thanks, Glenn!

sodascouts
07-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Aw, so cute! Thanks for posting those. I might put a couple of them on "Quotable Frey."

Sexy Girl
07-27-2007, 06:11 AM
This is more than cute ... Foxwoods, I have very sweet memories of that night, and that little story about his kids was one of the night's highlights :D I can tell he loves his kids to bits.

Thank you so much for writing this up for us, I will copy it and keep it!!

Glennsallnighter
08-01-2007, 05:21 PM
quoting Glenn :heart:
"I have a fourteen year old daughter. To her, I’m an idiot, ok. She looked at me at twelve and thought “I’m not sure that he knows everything.” At fourteen she said “I know you don’t know everything.” So that’s my daughter. Except I keep telling her “You’re going to have to get a car, and I’m the DMV. So you’d better work out all that, all that early morning and late afternoon anger, because I’m going to be the guy who gets you the car, or doesn’t get you the car.”

My daughter is 6 and I can already see the above conversation between herself and hubby brewing.............and don't talk to me about anger...

“My three year old son, Otis; Otis is, he’s the fifth Eagle. He is, like he’s, uh – he watches these - we’ve been working on this video from Melbourne, so we use it now like a babysitting tool. Otis, ‘cause he’s seen a couple of shows. Otis gets up at 6, and Otis goes, like, ‘til 9 at night, and, like Joe Walsh and myself, he doesn’t want to sleep.

F1 and HFO are excellent babysitting (and mammysitting) tools in our house too! And it must be something about 3 year old boys that they have the 6am - 9pm day programmed in. I'd love to see Otis, and my son give the Duracell bunny a run for its money.

“So anyway, that’s my kids. That’s why I’m tired, that’s why I’m here. This is my chance to sleep. Ladies and gentlemen, I tell you right now that getting up at 5.30 in the morning to go to Bermuda looks like a good night’s sleep compared with things at the Frey house.”

“And, anyway, I love my kids…”

Sounds like things at my house too. Maybe Glenn :heart: and I should get together to "compare notes" and "share the burden". Looks like we'd understand each other very (very) well :D :D :D

Oh and I love my kids too!!

AgingHippieChick
01-27-2008, 01:13 AM
OMG...I sure didn't know Glenn has three kids!!! :shock: His wife must be very young! I'm learning a lot from this board! :wink:

Glennsallnighter
01-27-2008, 04:34 AM
AHC if you want to see the lucky lady herself go to
https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301 (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301)
and have a look at the 'River of Dreams' video

Suffice to say I'm very :jealous:

Ive always been a dreamer
01-27-2008, 02:04 PM
OMG...I sure didn't know Glenn has three kids!!! :shock: His wife must be very young! I'm learning a lot from this board! :wink:

lol AHC - glad you're learning something here. Glenn has a very lovely family, indeed. My guess is that his wife, Cindy (a.k.a. Mrs. Lucky), is probably somewhere between 16 - 18 years younger than he is. If you check out the photo galleries on glennfreyonline.com (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/), there are a few pics of them. You can also find pics of them if you take a leisurely stroll through the Frey Fever thread. Have fun!!! :wink:

Glennsallnighter
04-22-2008, 04:50 AM
from above article:

“My son, my twelve year old son, has an aptitude for sloth. He’s going to have to be a musician, because all he’s going to do is sit around and play guitar in our house until we kick him out.”

Well whatever about the aptitude for sloth it looks like Glenn :heart: is certainly right about Deacon becoming a musician by the looks of things.

Mrs Frey
04-22-2008, 04:53 AM
I love the way you quoted that, GA! 8)

Glennsallnighter
04-22-2008, 04:54 AM
Thanks MF!