PDA

View Full Version : So much Randy love

TimothyBFan
11-01-2013, 10:53 AM
I've been meaning to acknowledge all the new Randy fans we've gained the last several months and how wonderful it is to see all the Randy love. Wasn't really sure where it would be best to address this topic so figured I'd start a new thread & maybe you guys could give me some insight on why? I'm sure you've all given your reasons here in various threads and I've probably missed them so we can do it all over again. :laugh:

Back in the day, he was my favorite Eagle & I was so sad when he łeft-- until I saw the new bassist, then... Well, that's a whole different thread. :laugh:

Anyone who wants to chime in here about why we all of a sudden have so many Randy fans aboard, I'd love to hear. I suspect it all came back to you when you saw the documentary? And were you Randy/Poco fans also? Randy solo fans? I mean, it's all understandable, for sure.

The Thrill Is Never Gone
11-01-2013, 11:28 AM
I have been a Randy Fan since day one. HOTE has put all of us in overdrive. What a voice and gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Need I say more.

Lamorna
11-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Thanks for a lovely post TimothyBFan. Yes, it was the HOTE documentary that revived my original 1970's love of the Eagles and their music but it was seeing them perform in the documentary and Disc 3 that set me off. I had only heard them before on the radio and on records and cassettes and seen the odd photo - I had never actually seen them live. Just amazing for me to see them in action.

So when I first saw Randy with the Eagles on stage on the DVD I was captivated by his soaring voice, stunning looks, musicianship, easy manner and this led me on to research his musical history online. Finding YouTube videos of him as a youngster bass playing and harmonising with Ricky Nelson, the vocals of him when he was a teenager with 'The Drivin' Dynamics' with 'Poco' in the early days and then again later after the Eagles and his solo stuff has given me enormous fun.

I read and enjoy all the Eagles Concerts reviews everyone posts in here. Feel excited for those going to see them in the Pre-Concert-Anticipation thread. I play the YouTube videos posted in here of the current concerts (until they get taken down) yet always tinged with envy that you all still have your favourite Eagle and we don't.

I love the bones of the man.

Makes me wish I'd been a Groupie in 1970's USA!!! Still, I am one now so better late than never! :love:

TimothyBFan
11-01-2013, 01:23 PM
but it was seeing them perform in the documentary and Disc 3 that set me off.

That Disc 3 is amazing, isn't it? And I will tell all of you Randy girls, when I watched it the first time, as soon as Randy started singing in TITTL, I got chills. OMG!! It was the all time best version of it I have ever seen. I've always liked Randy's version of it the best-- no offense to Glenn. And how humble Randy looked after the song and the crowd started cheering would make anyone's heart melt.

randysgirl
11-01-2013, 09:51 PM
I found my way to this site because I started doing research on the Eagles and Randy after seeing the documentary. I had always been an Eagles fan but seeing the live performance (or part of it) of Take It To The Limit by Randy, I was blown away. I had the record and the CD but it is not the same as the live recorded performance. I was mesmerized by this and it all came back to me in a split second of my "years ago" crush.

That performance is not shown in its entirety in HOTE, but on You Tube there is a video of Houston 1976 tour and you can see him do the whole song. He puts so much emotion into it and throws his head back as he hits the high notes while you gaze at his lovely face. Ladies, if you are a Randy fan and you haven't already seen it, it will bring you to your knees.

Outlawman13
11-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Randy is all kinds of sexy and his voice, ohhh don't get me started!!!!! He is one of my favvies and that doc got me loving him again as well as Glenn!!!! That concert was just super amazing!!!!

The Thrill Is Never Gone
11-08-2013, 09:15 PM
The videos of TITTL are amazing. His voice is so good and he puts so much emotion into it. I get goosebumps and other feelings (I can't mention where). The HOTE has brought all of my old feelings right to the surface and I feel like I'm 17 again and going to the concert with my boyfriend and seeing him sing it live. I will never forget that as long as I live.

The Thrill Is Never Gone
11-08-2013, 11:05 PM
That boyfriend has been my husband since 1978!

Grey Sadler
11-14-2013, 11:07 PM
Congrats to you "long time" married ladies!! :thumbup:

Can't add much more to this thread at the moment...just that I've always had a soft spot for "That Guy" that sang my favorite song from 1982 (NBIL)...the same guy that seemed to be in the shadows of the HC video...sweetness :inlove:

The Thrill Is Never Gone
11-17-2013, 11:43 AM
That reminds me of an old joke. A man leaves his wife for a much younger women. So the wife starts dating a much younger man. She then tells her husband this is all about math. 25 goes into 50 much more often then 50 goes into 25.

DJ
04-08-2014, 10:57 PM
I love everything about Randy Meisner, my husband calls me his unofficial stocker! Sorry but if I could get to L.A. I might just have to look him up. LOL
He is just the perfect man in my book. Beautiful inside and out. His wife is a VERY lucky woman.
Hats off to RANDY HERMAN MEISNER AS MY SEXIEST MAN :xoxo:

randysgirl
04-10-2014, 12:45 AM
The guy in second place isn't even in the rearview mirror. I only have eyes for the gorgeous and glorious Mr. Meisner.

Well said. I totally agree! He is a scrumptious man.

Brooklyn Roads
04-10-2014, 01:46 AM
I love everyone's responses!

Probably my best reasoning for why I became smitten with Randy was after I went to the HOTE Concert in January. When they sang "Take it to the Limit" I listened to it and realized I was singing it and knew every word. Then part of me realized, wow, I really know this song and I forgot how much I loved it!

When we got home that night, we streamed some Youtube videos through the Roku and watched some vintage Eagles performances. TITTL came on and all of the sudden Randy instantly caught my eye. I was trying to not seem like I had instantly fallen for him, but after hearing him perform the song live and hit those high notes, my view of Randy changed forever. I had to know more about this beautiful looking man and his angelic voice.

To take a step back; about ten years ago, my boyfriend had asked me to download a few songs, and one of them was "Hearts on Fire" by Randy Meisner and I remember asking him, "Oh, who's he" and he exclaimed he used to be part of the Eagles. So, I downloaded it and thought it was a cute, fun song.

Wow, if I knew then what I know now, I would have become a Randy fan much sooner, but I guess I always was, but didn't know it :)

Brooklyn Roads
04-10-2014, 01:51 AM
That reminds me of an old joke. A man leaves his wife for a much younger women. So the wife starts dating a much younger man. She then tells her husband this is all about math. 25 goes into 50 much more often then 50 goes into 25.

That's a good one!! I must admit, I am in a what people call a "May-December" romance. However ours has endured for 10 years (going on 11) and we are soul mates. It was risky at first, as many people said we wouldn't last, but we have proved many wrong.

BRD
04-10-2014, 05:58 PM
That's a good one!! I must admit, I am in a what people call a "May-December" romance. However ours has endured for 10 years (going on 11) and we are soul mates. It was risky at first, as many people said we wouldn't last, but we have proved many wrong.

That is wonderful BR. Age should have no bearing on a relationship. If you were meant for each other that is all that matters. You go girl!!!

Brooklyn Roads
04-11-2014, 12:27 AM
That is wonderful BR. Age should have no bearing on a relationship. If you were meant for each other that is all that matters. You go girl!!!

Thanks so much!! I agree about age differences. A lot of people like to make it their business, but I just have to ignore their ignorant remarks.

DJ
04-12-2014, 09:25 PM
Congrats BR. Never listen to anyone or anything but your heart!:heart:

randysgirl
04-21-2014, 10:29 PM
I love everyone's responses!

Probably my best reasoning for why I became smitten with Randy was after I went to the HOTE Concert in January. When they sang "Take it to the Limit" I listened to it and realized I was singing it and knew every word. Then part of me realized, wow, I really know this song and I forgot how much I loved it!

When we got home that night, we streamed some Youtube videos through the Roku and watched some vintage Eagles performances. TITTL came on and all of the sudden Randy instantly caught my eye. I was trying to not seem like I had instantly fallen for him, but after hearing him perform the song live and hit those high notes, my view of Randy changed forever. I had to know more about this beautiful looking man and his angelic voice.

To take a step back; about ten years ago, my boyfriend had asked me to download a few songs, and one of them was "Hearts on Fire" by Randy Meisner and I remember asking him, "Oh, who's he" and he exclaimed he used to be part of the Eagles. So, I downloaded it and thought it was a cute, fun song.

Wow, if I knew then what I know now, I would have become a Randy fan much sooner, but I guess I always was, but didn't know it :)

BR:

This is almost exactly what happened to me. I was an Eagles fan from the early 70's on and knew there was a cute guy I noticed on album inserts or posters. Not until the HOTE (which I have watched dozens of times) did I ever see Randy Meisner singing live on video, I was enthralled by his rendition of TITTL. I had to find out more about him and that was how I found this site. I also love "Hearts on Fire."

DJ
04-26-2014, 07:03 PM
Listening to Spotify and found all of Randy's albums I love the live ones because he talks about stuff. He dedicated Deep Inside My Heart to his children. So precious and kinda sad if you listen to the lyrics. I hope his children know how much he cares for them! Not that I know he does I can just assume because who would dedicate a song to their kids if they didn't care! :angel:

Suze
04-27-2014, 04:17 PM
DJ I am pretty certain he has kept in touch with his children and his grandchildren etc. I have seen a picture somewhere in the depths of the internet of him holding a grandchild together with his ex wife, looks like it was late 80's. I'll see if I can find it again.
Also check out Poco's Legacy album. Randy has 3 solo tracks and really rocks on Rough Edges.

sodascouts
04-27-2014, 04:36 PM
I especially like "Nothin' to Hide" off of that album.

NightMistBlue
12-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Anyone who wants to chime in here about why we all of a sudden have so many Randy fans aboard, I'd love to hear. I suspect it all came back to you when you saw the documentary? And were you Randy/Poco fans also? Randy solo fans? I mean, it's all understandable, for sure.

I've always loved Randy's voice. I was a young kid when he left the Eagles, so I didn't know much about the group as individuals or what they looked like, only their music. I was disappointed that he wasn't part of the various Eagles reunions over the years. Watching the documentary recently I was intrigued by Randy's sensitive personality and gorgeous face. So in other words, I'm pretty late in getting on the Meisner love train, but better late than never! Been catching up on his solo albums and enjoying the photos that people post here.

DJ
12-23-2014, 10:11 PM
I just took to Randy's unique voice right away. I love his Take The Devil I could play it all day long. He seems to be so kind hearted, of what I've seen and read about him. I just adore him and wish him peace, happiness but most of all good health and lots of love surrounding him.

randysgirl
12-28-2014, 02:44 PM
Randy does have a distinctive voice. His looks aren't bad either!:)
I never tire of listening to him with or without the Eagles. I wish him the very best in the new year. Happiness and good health to you, Randy! You have given your fans so much.

DJ
12-29-2014, 11:40 PM
http://i501.photobucket.com/albums/e413/Donna_Hess_Gilmour/randy41229_zps8571384a.jpg
Mr. Randy Meisner