PDA

View Full Version : Bell Centre, Montreal, QC, 11/4/13

GlennLover
11-04-2013, 10:31 PM
FANTASTIC!!! It's intermission. The guys are right on & all are sounding great! No plaintiff joke, though, LOL! They got a standing ovation at the end of TITTL which continued until they finally left the stage Every one was singing along. It was thrilling! Bernie is wearing the plaid instead of Don.

Ive always been a dreamer
11-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Oh my - I need a <goosebumps> smiley!

Houston Baby
11-04-2013, 10:35 PM
I can feel your excitement GL! :laugh:

sodascouts
11-04-2013, 10:59 PM
Sounds amazing!

GlennLover
11-05-2013, 01:13 AM
Wow, wow, wow!!! Absolutely wonderful show. Glenn especially, was in great voice, but they all sounded wonderful! Just got back to hotel, still flying high but very tired so I can't post much more tonight.

Just a few tidbits off the top of my head. For the first set Don had on what looked like a pale gray shirt & hid workbooks. Joe had a black jacket. Bernie had the black & white plaid shirt with a black tee shirt with lettering on it which I couldn't see enough of to read. I can't remember the colour of Timothy's shirt. Glenn had a navy (or black) tee shirt & faded blue jeans. I post about the wardrobe in the 2nd set later.

Joe was very lively tonight, running all over the stage. Glenn asked the people in the 1st few rows not to text & did it very tactfully! He got a big round of applause! More details later!

GlennLover
11-05-2013, 01:18 AM
Harold thought it was a fantastic show too. He said all that was missing were "the girls" (and you know who you are)!

UndertheWire
11-05-2013, 06:52 AM
It sounds so good.

Meanwhile, here's a begrudging review from the Montreal Gazette. It's amazing how many digs they can get it while almost giving it a rave.

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2013/11/05/concert-review-the-eagles-at-the-bell-centre-nov-4-2013/

secret squirrel
11-05-2013, 10:45 AM
It sounds so good.

Meanwhile, here's a begrudging review from the Montreal Gazette. It's amazing how many digs they can get it while almost giving it a rave.

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2013/11/05/concert-review-the-eagles-at-the-bell-centre-nov-4-2013/

The Ottawa Citizen has exactly the same review and your assessment is spot-on. They're so grudging.

You know, let's blame them for global warming while we're at it.

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/some-called-it-country-some-called-it.html

sodascouts
11-05-2013, 08:55 PM
So glad you had a good time - but I knew you would! The girls missed being with you guys FOR SURE! ;)

Looking at the review photos... did Glenn take off his overshirt??? NICE.

I can't remember the last time a reviewer was critical of JOE!

Prettymaid
11-05-2013, 08:57 PM
The Ottawa Citizen has exactly the same review and your assessment is spot-on. They're so grudging.

You know, let's blame them for global warming while we're at it.

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/some-called-it-country-some-called-it.html

Lol! It's that dang Cloudy Days song!

Henley Honey
11-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Harold thought it was a fantastic show too. He said all that was missing were "the girls" (and you know who you are)!

He's so sweet!! We miss him too!! So glad you had fun, but I knew you would!! Give Harold a big smooch from "the girls". :xoxo:

Freypower
11-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Did you actually see an entire show where Glenn didn't have an overshirt? That's a first. The last time I saw that was in 1988, but even then he wore a jacket at the start.

VAisForEagleLovers
11-05-2013, 11:22 PM
FP, I think he went without the overshirt at the festival in Milwaukee this past July? Maybe I'm not remembering a review correctly. Someone said it was very hot, so I assumed that was why.

Whatever the reason this time, I'm hoping it's a trend that continues!

VAisForEagleLovers
11-05-2013, 11:26 PM
The picture from the other review...

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/montreal/glennandjoe_zpsf386fffb.jpg

NICE!!!

Freypower
11-05-2013, 11:30 PM
Not bad for 65 (I have had trouble restraining myself today). :grouphug:

shunlvswx
11-06-2013, 08:37 AM
FP, I think he went without the overshirt at the festival in Milwaukee this past July? Maybe I'm not remembering a review correctly. Someone said it was very hot, so I assumed that was why.

Whatever the reason this time, I'm hoping it's a trend that continues!

Yep. It was Milwaukee. From the clips I saw, he had on just a t-shirt through the whole show. He had on a cool shirt at the second off. Peaceful Something.

Brooke
11-06-2013, 10:46 AM
I know we've mentioned here that we would prefer he drop the overshirt. Evidently he's been reading the board, or someone else has and told him! Whatever, thank you Glenn! :wink:

Thanks for the pic, VA! Love it!

GlennLover
11-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Well we didn't get the entire concert but he did start out with just a navy or black tee shirt for the 1st half. For the second half he changed to a white tee with a lilac overshirt.

Joe should not have been dissed! He was fantastic!

Didn't get home until after midnight & I've got a busy day today so I won't have time to post any more until at least tonight. Still high!

sodascouts
11-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Well, half the show is better than none!

Rest up, GL - it takes time to recover from an Eagles show like the one they're doing now!

Glennhoney
11-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Oh MAN...What a great show...
First of all, my husband and I actually met up with Glennlover and her husband for dinner on Sunday night....How very neat to meet a "borderer"..We had a wonderful meal and evening....Got to see them again for a bit before the concert, while we were at the "goodies" stand.
Concert debuted with JD and his band...who nobody cares for...lol....and then Glenn and Don walk on stage...Glenn is in a dark tshirt...no overshirt....!!!..It seemed to me that he just got a haircut too...darn...They sounded and looked amazing...Don said "merci" and the crowd went wild..The concert unfolded exactly like the others on this tour.....and yes, Glenn did mention to the "first 15 rows" to stop texting....He said it was bothering them, and "now you're here, later you can text", which practically got a standing ovation.
We were sitting on the floor, letter T..great seats and great people around us..I believe the whole crowd was quite well behaved.
Glenn donned a "lilac overshirt" for the second part..maybe he was cold??..lol
They sure seemed to be having fun..Joe actually had Don jump(hop) a few times during "The long run"...my husband immediately said "wow, that's not like Don at all".....haha...
Joe, of course,was a big hit....Loads of applause for Timothey...and Glenn was SOOOo entertaining with the band intros....When TBS introduced Glenn, he was pretending to be admiring himself in a mirror....he did the "Mother only half a word" joke, but no plaintiff joke..
Time always flies by when you're at an Eagles concert..but started at 8 and I looked at my watch when it ended..it was 11:14.....can't ask for more...oh and Glenn again added "merci beaucoup", which pleased the crowd immensely....
How I wish I was in Toronto tonight..:sigh:

GlennLover
11-06-2013, 09:49 PM
I had written a fairly long post with some bits that I remembered from the concert so that I wouldn't forget them, but my computer went down when I tried to submit it. :brickwall:It will have to wait until tomorrow now, I'm afraid. :sad:

I do want to comment that there was not a "sea of gray heads" at this concert. All ages were well represented, which I was happy to see.

My husband & I really enjoyed our evening with GH & her husband. She posted some things that I had forgotten. Two heads are better than one or should I say two "memories". Mine isn't what it used to be.

I just wanted to add that when Glenn was admiring himself in the mirror, as Timothy said his name & the spotlight shone on him, he kissed the mirror just before he turned to face the audience. :laugh:

I wish I was in Toronto too!

Prettymaid
11-06-2013, 10:00 PM
Sounds great, ladies! Love the part about Glenn and the mirror...not so much the part about texting. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I wish Glenn and Don would not reprimand their audience from the stage. I think it makes them seem small.

VAisForEagleLovers
11-06-2013, 10:06 PM
I just wanted to add that when Glenn was admiring himself in the mirror, as Timothy said his name & the spotlight shone on him, he kissed the mirror just before he turned to face the audience. :laugh:

He cracks me up!

Glennhoney
11-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Sounds great, ladies! Love the part about Glenn and the mirror...not so much the part about texting. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I wish Glenn and Don would not reprimand their audience from the stage. I think it makes them seem small.

"Au contraire".....I think it should be announced at the beginning of the show with the other announcements re pics, cell phones, etc....but if the "light" showing from the "texts" bothers them, then they have a right to say something...and he received a huge round of applause when he said it..I know I'm probably in the minority, but all gadgets should be turned off at a concert, theatre, etc.....
I remember being in a musical a few years back, and a lady sitting in the first row, was on her phone talking and laughing away...I could NOT believe it...I think she should've been shown the door....

GlennLover
11-06-2013, 10:39 PM
"Au contraire".....I think it should be announced at the beginning of the show with the other announcements re pics, cell phones, etc....but if the "light" showing from the "texts" bothers them, then they have a right to say something...and he received a huge round of applause when he said it..I know I'm probably in the minority, but all gadgets should be turned off at a concert, theatre, etc.....
I remember being in a musical a few years back, and a lady sitting in the first row, was on her phone talking and laughing away...I could NOT believe it...I think she should've been shown the door....

I agree. I thought Glenn was very tactful in the way he made the request. He wasn't offensive at all. He explained that it was distracting for them. He asked that they not text, saying something to the effect of,"even if you are saying that this is the greatest band you have ever seen". The crowd certainly agreed with him, as you said.

Prettymaid
11-06-2013, 10:41 PM
We can start a new thread if anyone wants to. I don't want to take away from your great show!

Houston Baby
11-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Sounds like an amazing concert! So happy that all the guys are having a great time. And Glenn has such a wonderful mischievous sense of humor!

Ive always been a dreamer
11-07-2013, 01:25 AM
Thanks again, GL and GH for all of your comments. And was there ever any doubt that the show would be awesome! As far as the texting issue, I like GH's idea of adding this to the preshow announcements. I can see both sides of the issue - while the band making the announcement may be uncomfortable for some people, I can also see where it would be distracting for the band.

Brooke
11-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Lovin' your comments about the show, Gh & GL! I'm so glad you had a good time, but I knew you would!