PDA

View Full Version : glennfreyonline on the radio

Glennsallnighter
11-06-2013, 06:29 PM
So you would want to have your head in the sand today if you missed that it is Glenn :heart:'s birthday. Celebrations started early this morning on KFM (Kildare FM) over here, when the DJ played 3 songs by Glenn (As is customary on a singers birthday). So we were treated to POMPOY, TOYL and SG.

Later in the afternoon he got a mention again, and a discussion followed about whether Glenn :heart: pronounced his name as 'Fry' or 'Fray'. Of course I texted in that I knew it was 'Fry'.

THEN the guy announced 'I've googled this and I got the website glennfreyonline Its got loads of information about Glenn and the Eagles on it. He read from it some of the previous suggestions of names for the band and quoted from the site 'Other names considered for the Eagles were "The Saltines" and "The Small Frey Dance Band." '

As a result he concluded that the pronounciation is indeed 'Fry'.

The conversation isn't really what matters, what matters is that
Nancy's site gets a plug on Irish radio!!!!!

I was grinning ear to ear!!

Freypower
11-06-2013, 06:32 PM
THAT'S what I'm talking about! :blueblob:

glenneaglesfan
11-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Wow Lisa, that is so awesome! What a great radio station!
I drove home from my voluntary work today and Radio 2 were featuring the CMAs, and they played How Long! Boy did I sing along!

Houston Baby
11-06-2013, 07:12 PM
How AWESOME!!! LOVE IT!

sodascouts
11-06-2013, 08:00 PM
OH MY GOSH!!!!

Thank you for letting me know - I AM THRILLED!!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
11-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Yay for Soda!!! If they found one they found links to all the others, see if they plug them on the others' birthdays! I think Joe is next one up, right?

GlennLover
11-06-2013, 08:45 PM
I'm thrilled for you too, Nancy & I'm proud to be a member of this board! Woo Hoo! :yay::partytime:

Brooke
11-06-2013, 08:50 PM
So you would want to have your head in the sand today if you missed that it is Glenn :heart:'s birthday. Celebrations started early this morning on KFM (Kildare FM) over here, when the DJ played 3 songs by Glenn (As is customary on a singers birthday). So we were treated to POMPOY, TOYL and SG.

Later in the afternoon he got a mention again, and a discussion followed about whether Glenn :heart: pronounced his name as 'Fry' or 'Fray'. Of course I texted in that I knew it was 'Fry'.

THEN the guy announced 'I've googled this and I got the website glennfreyonline Its got loads of information about Glenn and the Eagles on it. He read from it some of the previous suggestions of names for the band and quoted from the site 'Other names considered for the Eagles were "The Saltines" and "The Small Frey Dance Band." '

As a result he concluded that the pronounciation is indeed 'Fry'.

The conversation isn't really what matters, what matters is that
Nancy's site gets a plug on Irish radio!!!!!

I was grinning ear to ear!!

Congrats Soda! That is just awesome! What a great station! Thanks for reporting this, Ga! :thumbsup:

Now, why couldn't my radio station have done something like that?!

VAisForEagleLovers
11-06-2013, 10:11 PM
SiriusXM Classic Vinyl did the same thing they did a year or two ago. Wished Glenn a happy birthday and then played an Eagles song sung by Don (a live version of Desperado).

Grey Sadler
11-14-2013, 11:25 PM
:thumbsup: