PDA

View Full Version : top 10 worst christmas songs

Tiffanny Twisted
12-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Around our office , each person seems to have a top five list of the worst holiday songs. THis came about because the local radio stations started round the clock Christmas music at least a week prior to Thanksgiving.

So far, it seems to be :

1)The Christmas shoes song.( one of the ladies has been know to go running everytime it comes on the radio.Her logic is what does the Mom need new shoes to go dancing in lol she's dying)

2) Dominic the donkey

3) I want a Hippopotimis for xmas

4) The Little Drummer boy

5) I Saw Mommy kissing Santa Clause

I was just wondering what Christmas song gets on your nerves the most.

sodascouts
12-04-2013, 07:34 PM
I don't like "The Christmas Shoes" either. It's so cloying and emotionally manipulative. Plus, it's full of holes. If I'm dying, I want my son by my side, not off at some store spending his last dime on a pair of shoes I'll only be wearing in my coffin! Plus, you'd think the guy in the song would just give the kid the shoes instead of forcing him to beg. I still cry when I hear it, though, which just makes me madder, lol.

One of my least faves: "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer." Way to crap all over the Christmas spirit.

Tiffanny Twisted
12-04-2013, 07:37 PM
I don't like "The Christmas Shoes" either. It's so cloying and emotionally manipulative. Plus, it's full of holes. If I'm dying, I want my son by my side, not off at some store spending his last dime on a pair of shoes I'll only be wearing in my coffin! Plus, you'd think the guy in the song would just give the kid the shoes instead of forcing him to beg. I still cry when I hear it, though, which just makes me madder, lol.

One of my least faves: "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer." Way to crap all over the Christmas spirit.

Oh Sugar I forgot that one too . It just gets on my nerves.
ANd I use to think she was crazy about the Christmas shoe song , lol but she agrees with everything you posted too. :thumbsup:

Freypower
12-04-2013, 08:23 PM
For me personally, I cannot relate to Winter Wonderland. Now nobody else on this board is going to say that, which is obviously fair enough. There really are not that many others I can say I dislike because quite simply, I haven't heard them.

sodascouts
12-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Actually, lots of people on this board live in climates where they don't get snow, so they may understand what you mean, FP. Growing up in Southeast Texas, I always wished for snow at Christmastime (or any time). Sometimes we'd get a dusting... maybe a couple times a decade!

VAisForEagleLovers
12-04-2013, 11:13 PM
I've always liked Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer! I agree with the others mentioned, though, and I'm glad to finally meet someone else that gets annoyed by Little Drummer Boy.

Away In a Manger gets on my last nerve as well.

zeldabjr
12-04-2013, 11:20 PM
I'm not fond of The Twelve Days of Christmas...gets monotonous!!!...I remember having to sing it in chorus in school...and I'm thinking...oh enough already!!!

Houston Baby
12-04-2013, 11:24 PM
I'm watching "SNL Christmas" & reading this thread & Will Ferrell just sang LITTLE DRUMMER BOY! I had to laugh - perfect timing!

Tiffanny Twisted
12-05-2013, 07:19 AM
I'm not fond of The Twelve Days of Christmas...gets monotonous!!!...I remember having to sing it in chorus in school...and I'm thinking...oh enough already!!!
lol I forgot about that one too

I mean the shoe, hippo and donkey ones are really on the :machinegun:hit parade in our office sometimes I forget about the others

thelastresort
12-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Top 10 worst Christmas songs? Can't I select them all instead? :D Apart from some of the mainstream rock ones I dislike almost all of them equally. Never been one for Christmas music.

Brooke
12-05-2013, 11:10 AM

I don't think I know "The Christmas Shoes", but sounds like I wouldn't like it either.

And most certainly agree with "Grandma". My kids used to think it hilarious, but I've never liked it.

prayfordaylight
12-05-2013, 11:22 AM
I like Grandma Got Run Over.

The song I hate is the John Lennon one. Sorry. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Freypower
12-05-2013, 05:53 PM
I like Grandma Got Run Over.

The song I hate is the John Lennon one. Sorry. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I don't mind it except for Yoko's part. I know, I know. She made John happy, etc. I don't like her vocal in that song.

I also don't like Please Come Home For Christmas very much. I never have. Heresy.

deb828
12-05-2013, 07:40 PM
For me personally, I cannot relate to Winter Wonderland. Now nobody else on this board is going to say that, which is obviously fair enough. There really are not that many others I can say I dislike because quite simply, I haven't heard them.I can only think of the parody of that one, which includes the phrase "walking in your winter underwear" when I hear that one. Always makes me laugh...

Outlawman13
12-06-2013, 03:31 PM
One of the worst Christmas songs (for me) is Do You Hear What I Hear? LOL whenever I hear that one, I start mocking it. LOL. To be honest though, I don't really like Christmas songs. LOL I'm weird I know.

Tiffanny Twisted
12-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Its really funny,,,,when I was in the bank the hippo song came on and I said UGH I hate this song at the same time the teller said....Oh I love this song.
:hilarious::hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
12-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Man With All The Toys - Beach Boys. Got to add this to the list. The background parts I swear are people with hiccups. Seriously, who thinks this stuff up?

Tiffanny Twisted
12-07-2013, 05:39 PM
:hilarious:
Man With All The Toys - Beach Boys. Got to add this to the list. The background parts I swear are people with hiccups. Seriously, who thinks this stuff up?
:hilarious:hiccups

zeldabjr
12-07-2013, 05:44 PM
wow...never heard of that one VA...I'll have to check it out!...lol

Outlawman13
12-07-2013, 06:24 PM
LOL that one is new to me too. I might just have to hear it!! LOL

sad-cafe
12-08-2013, 09:06 PM

exactly what I was going to post. It gets OLD

Molly
12-09-2013, 08:58 PM
"I Farted On Santa's Lap" by The Little Stinkers comes to mind.

sodascouts
12-09-2013, 11:17 PM
Oh gosh. I think we have a winner.

Ive always been a dreamer
12-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Yeah - Just when I was about ready to declare that I love all Christmas songs ... well, nevermind! :grin:

zeldabjr
12-10-2013, 03:16 PM
"I Farted On Santa's Lap" by The Little Stinkers comes to mind.

omg Molly...I've never heard of this one...I must check this one out! :lol:

EagleLady
12-10-2013, 07:29 PM
I don't dislike any Christmas song.

Tiffanny Twisted
12-18-2013, 01:21 PM
now when I hear the worst christmaas songs ever I think of border buddies lol and :rofl:
thanks for that.

they did say on the doctors that Christmas music will keep your spirits up but they didn't comment on the bad xmas songs :rofl:

Freypower
12-18-2013, 05:10 PM
I have to say I don't like Away In A Manger much, but I guess it appeals to kids.

Tiffanny Twisted
12-20-2013, 12:11 PM
Some artists should just not do Christmas songs. lol they should stick with their speciality

EaglesKiwi
12-27-2013, 02:17 AM
For me personally, I cannot relate to Winter Wonderland. Now nobody else on this board is going to say that, which is obviously fair enough. There really are not that many others I can say I dislike because quite simply, I haven't heard them.

That and White Christmas. No point dreaming of something impossible... Although I like the Sarah Mclachlan version of River, which kind of negates my argument. :shrug: