PDA

View Full Version : Minneapolis bridge collapse

Brooke
08-02-2007, 01:38 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20085333/?GT1=10252

Tragic and shocking. My heart goes out to those affected.

glenneaglesfan
08-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Oh gosh, Brooke, that's terribly sad. What an aweful catastrophe. My thoughts go out to all those families affected.

sodascouts
08-02-2007, 05:47 PM
I saw this on the news last night. When the news broke, only two were confirmed dead, but it is already up to four and expected to rise. How horrible. My prayers are also with the families.

Glennsallnighter
08-02-2007, 05:54 PM
I echo that sentiment GEF. It was a terrible accident and my thoughts and prayers are with those involved those who have lost loved ones and the injured and their families.

timfan
08-02-2007, 06:29 PM
I have been watching CNN constantly since the news broke.. It is such a tragedy. At this point I just hope they find the remaining "missing" individuals (authorities have said they don't expect to find anyone else alive ) to allow their family members some peace and to begin the healing process. :cry: My thoughs go out to everyone in Minneapolis at this tragic time.

sodascouts
08-02-2007, 06:43 PM
They showed this one man on the news talking about how his wife was missing but that he believed they'd find her alive since she's a "fighter." His voice was shaking because they had just told him that the operation was now designated "recovery" of bodies rather than "rescue." It brought tears to my eyes.

Brooke
08-02-2007, 10:40 PM
My husband works in bridge construction. He said they were talking about it at work and they think there had to be some kind of design flaw. And that if one small item breaks it can easily cause the whole thing to come down.

Scary thoughts when you think of all the bridges and overpasses on the highways.

Ive always been a dreamer
08-02-2007, 11:12 PM
I echo what everyone else has said here. I'm sure we'll all be thinking about all those touched by this tragedy in the coming days.

Mrs Frey
08-03-2007, 04:59 AM
I heard about this on the news and was really shocked and saddened, particularly when it was reported that an inspection had been carried out on the bridge just last year.

I echo everyone's sentiments. Losing a loved one, no matter what the circumstances, is SO tough, and my heart goes out to every one of the victims of this terrible tragedy.

Marco
08-03-2007, 03:56 PM
I saw Yesterday at the news