PDA

View Full Version : Hi to my fellow fans!

luna65
12-09-2013, 01:20 AM
I'm Julie, a native of Southern California and a fan of the band since the beginning, I'm sure as with many of you I grew up hearing them on the radio and then later buying the albums for myself; I don't think there's been a year since '72 that I haven't listened to them. I was too young to see them live during the original era but I did see them during the resumption. My favorite album is On The Border; I tend to prefer the earlier years although I have my favorites from the later years too. And Don and Glenn are equally my favorite members.

I enjoy all kinds of music; I love prog rock and jazz especially. I've been active in different online fandoms for over a decade, I co-moderate some other message boards and write articles for fansites and blogs, and I'm glad to be here! :)

Witchy Woman
12-09-2013, 01:36 AM
Welcome Julie !!

cricrichan
12-09-2013, 07:07 AM
Welcome to the Border, Julie ;-)

Ive always been a dreamer
12-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Julie - Welcome from me, too. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. This is a great place if you want to talk about the Eagles. In the beginning, Glenn was my favorite. But, then for years, like you, Glenn and Don were equally my favorites. I still love them both, but, in recent years, Glenn has edged back into a slight lead. In truth, I love and appreciate all the guy's amazing contribution to this amazing band. Join right in here and most importantly have fun!

luna65
12-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, all! :D

Since you like prog rock and the Eagles, you would have loved my first Eagles concert in '72. They opened for Yes. :smile:
Oh I know; that fact kills me on a regular basis, lol. I didn't get to see Yes for the first time until 1987, and while I love YesWest with every fiber of my being, I would have given a body part to see that tour, for my favorite Classic Yes album (Close To The Edge).

sodascouts
12-09-2013, 11:04 PM
That's quite an intro! Welcome and I look forward to hearing more from you!

Brooke
12-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Welcome to the Border from me, too, luna! Have fun here!

luna65
12-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Thanks again for the greetings! :)

Tiffanny Twisted
12-10-2013, 07:29 PM
welcome , :yay:I am tt since HC is my fave song.("Her mind is Tiffanny twisted...")
my hubby JAHH picked my screen name ha ha ha:lol:

Enjoy your time here with us on the border,:heybaby:
tt:rockon:

luna65
12-10-2013, 07:32 PM
That is a great online name to have for an Eagles forum! :D
Mine is my general online name, I use it at quite a few forums...and I am a bit moonstruck at times!

Tiffanny Twisted
12-10-2013, 07:43 PM
glad you like it.

It really fits me since I worked for Mercedes Benz for a time.lol:lol:

there is a thread on here somewhere where we all explained our screen names,if you were interested.:drummer:

Springbo
12-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, all! :D

Oh I know; that fact kills me on a regular basis, lol. I didn't get to see Yes for the first time until 1987, and while I love YesWest with every fiber of my being, I would have given a body part to see that tour, for my favorite Classic Yes album (Close To The Edge).

Love Close to the Edge too. I suppose that and Fragile are my faves, although the Yes album is really good too. I can have three faves can't I? :hmm:

luna65
12-11-2013, 02:07 AM
Sure you can! It is a perfect trilogy of albums so it's tough to pick just one favorite.

UndertheWire
12-11-2013, 06:53 AM
Welcome, Julie (although it seems a bit preumptious of me as I'm such a newbie).

Any mention of Yes immediately transports me back to the university poster shop which was full of Roger Dean posters and cards back in 1977. I was an ELP girl until I discovered the Eagles and then mostly moved away from prog. I was also a fan of Wishbone Ash who are the only band of that era I remember seeing live - they played locally when I was 16 and finally allowed to go to concerts.

Brooke
12-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Welcome, Julie (although it seems a bit preumptious of me as I'm such a newbie).

Any mention of Yes immediately transports me back to the university poster shop which was full of Roger Dean posters and cards back in 1977. I was an ELP girl until I discovered the Eagles and then mostly moved away from prog. I was also a fan of Wishbone Ash who are the only band of that era I remember seeing live - they played locally when I was 16 and finally allowed to go to concerts.

OMG, I haven't heard their name mentioned since back in the day! I had a cassette of theirs that I listened to time and time again! Never saw them live.

luna65
12-11-2013, 03:15 PM

Cool! I always feel bereft at having missed out on that great era of shows. For me, Yes led to Pink Floyd and Genesis and that's my Holy Trinity of Prog, lol. Floyd is actually my very favorite band but the original Eagles era is one I still love and am fascinated with as much as when it was happening.

Glennsallnighter
12-12-2013, 06:18 AM
Welcome Luna! Looking forward to seeing you post here! You have wuite a resume. Hope you will enjoy it.

And UTW! You aren't such a newbee anymore!

UndertheWire
12-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Cool! I always feel bereft at having missed out on that great era of shows. For me, Yes led to Pink Floyd and Genesis and that's my Holy Trinity of Prog, lol. Floyd is actually my very favorite band but the original Eagles era is one I still love and am fascinated with as much as when it was happening.
It's funny to think that there you were in Southern California wanting to see all these British groups while meanwhile, I was in Wales wanting to see all the Californian bands. Talk about the grass being greener and all that.

luna65
12-12-2013, 01:35 PM
It is funny, isn't it?!
The converse of that for me is the rise of what they call "hair metal," I was in on the beginning of it in the clubs, and so when those bands progressed to arenas and so on, I kept saying to my friends, "I've already seen them up close, why do I need to go again?" :rofl:

Thunzyag
12-13-2013, 05:42 AM
welcome :)

luna65
12-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Hi there!

Keith
12-14-2013, 06:36 PM
Welcome Luna. I'm a Genesis fan as well.

luna65
12-16-2013, 01:01 AM
Yay! I'm not really a Gabe-era purist or anything, although I do think Duke was the last great prog album of theirs, but I like the 80s stuff too (or at least most of it).

Keith
12-16-2013, 11:09 AM
Yay! I'm not really a Gabe-era purist or anything, although I do think Duke was the last great prog album of theirs, but I like the 80s stuff too (or at least most of it).

I actually prefer Phil Collins. Invisible Touch was probably one of the last "records" I bought. Good memories!

Freypower
12-16-2013, 06:04 PM
You should buy We Can't Dance, then. I prefer it to Invisible Touch.

Keith
12-16-2013, 06:18 PM
You should buy We Can't Dance, then. I prefer it to Invisible Touch.

I might have to do that. I just looked it up, and noticed Hold On My Heart, which was a good single.

Henley Honey
12-23-2013, 06:57 PM
Welcome, Keith! You, VA and I should meet up at the Raleigh concert.

WalshFan88
01-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Welcome to the Border.

Houston Baby
01-20-2014, 02:04 PM
WELCOME from me too!