PDA

View Full Version : Happy birthday to the Border!

sodascouts
12-15-2013, 04:07 AM
I officially opened The Border seven years ago today in 2006. Creating and maintaining an Eagles board is one of the best decisions I ever made. It's certainly added a lot to my life! The good by far outweighs the bad, and I appreciate everyone who contributes to this place.

I changed the default board style back to our original blue just for today. Those of you who were around in the Flip City days remember when this was the only board style we had!

A lot has changed since then, eh?

Thanks again, guys!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Glennsallnighter
12-15-2013, 06:27 AM
Thank you too Nancy! As I have said before, it is a wonderful message board, and I have made many real friends on it. Also though this Board I have travelled to quite a number of places that I wouldn't have even known about other than dots on a map!

Thank you for your wonderful dedication to the Border over the past 7 years, and also for your wonderful friendship. This is a strong vibrant message board. It has gone from strength to strength over the years and I'm sure it has a great future ahead of it.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::

VAisForEagleLovers
12-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Yay! Happy birthday to The Border! I've only been here a little over two years, but finding it meant I found a lot of friends. Thanks, Nancy, for deciding to do it, and for keeping after it. I know we all drive you a little crazy at times (we just want to make sure you're just like us!)

Tiffanny Twisted
12-15-2013, 10:52 AM
THANK YOU NANCY!!!!:inlove::bow:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THIS WONDERFUL MESSAGE BOARD:cheers:
I will not repeat cause I agree with all that has been posted before me. Thank you for having a vision and creating such a wonderful place for EAGLES fans to be.:grin::blueblob:

zeldabjr
12-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Happy Birthday to the Border!!

Thank You so much Nancy for all you do...I'm sure you're very proud of how this great board has grown since you started it...I am very thankful for all the great people I've met because of it...and for all the great Eagles memories I now have because of it! Birthday hugs to all! :grouphug:

Witchy Woman
12-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Happy Birthday to The Border !!

I'm glad I have a place to discuss our boys, and I have met some wonderful, fun people !!

Cheers !! :cheers:

Ive always been a dreamer
12-15-2013, 01:51 PM
HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY TO THE BORDER!!!

I love that this community has provided me with the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people from all over the world. Thanks to Nancy for creating this place and thanks to all of the Eagles fans who come here to share our love of this wonderful band. :grouphug: I hope everyone can appreciate the amount of time, money, and effort it takes to maintain this site and keep it fun and informative for fans to enjoy. It's not always an easy task, but, thankfully, Nancy has the dedication and tenacity to make it happen.

sodascouts
12-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Thanks guys - It's worth it!

BTW, for newbies who might be confused as to why my "join" date is December 2005 when The Border opened in December 2006, it's because for a year prior to that we operated as "Flip City," which was a closed board on another URL. The join dates for the earliest members were carried over from that. There were 22 of us back then.

Brooke
12-15-2013, 04:42 PM
Happy Birthday to the Border!

And thank you to our Fearless Leader for hanging in there and keeping it all going for us! Seven years? Impossible! I can't even imagine how much time it takes and your dedication is amazing! Through thick and thin, you have made this a wonderful place for all Eagles lovers to enjoy!

:bow:

luna65
12-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Congrats to you! Creating a long-standing and close-knit online community is no easy feat; it takes a lot of time and effort, which certainly shows in the end result. :)

timfan
12-15-2013, 04:51 PM

Cannot believe we have been going for 7 years, my how the time goes by! For me this board is a place to express my admiration of the Eagles, both individually and as a band, with those who share and understand it. Thanks Nancy for providing such a site ! :grooving:

deb828
12-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Thank you Nancy for this wonderful board--Happy Birthday to the Border!
Am fairly new here, and I cannot believe the excellent quality of this board! Thank you so much!:cheers:

Freypower
12-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Those of us who have been here & in its previous incarnation since Day One are very proud. Long may it continue. :cheers:

NYC Fan
12-15-2013, 06:24 PM
Happy Birthday to The Border! And thanks to Nancy for all your hard work and dedication to keeping such a great site up. It has been a fun place to rekindle my fandom after the doc was aired, and was so nice to meet some of you in November.

Long may it rock!

:band:

Zanny Kingston
12-15-2013, 09:39 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BORDER!!

This is a wonderful place and I can only imagine the work it must take to maintain this site! Thank you Nancy!

Grey Sadler
12-15-2013, 10:33 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/prov_31_gal/ChampagneToast.jpg

shunlvswx
12-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Happy 7th Birthday, The Border. I've only been here for 4 months, but I enjoy coming to this board every day.

Thanks for starting this board, Soda. Oh I also love the website.

WalshFan88
12-16-2013, 01:16 AM
Happy Birthday!

prayfordaylight
12-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Thank you Nancy for creating this wonderful home for all of us!

Keith
12-16-2013, 06:36 PM
Happy Birthday! Thanks to the folks who started the Border and kept it going.

bluefeather
12-17-2013, 09:26 AM
HOORAY FOR THE BORDER!!! and a big thank you to Soda:yay: