PDA

View Full Version : Set List Choice for Bernie

sodascouts
12-26-2013, 12:36 PM
I love that Bernie is back for the current tour. He's doing "Train Leaves Here This Morning" with the band. That's cool, but there's other songs of his I like better. I'm curious - if you were going to choose an Eagles song for Bernie to play on the tour, which would it be?

For me, it would be "Earlybird." I like "My Man" the best, and honestly I prefer several other of his songs when I'm listening to the album versions, but when he gets going on the live version of "Earlybird" - that solo at the end - DANG. It shows his stuff like no other song during live shows. Plus, since it's on the first album, it would work with the quasi-chronological setup they have now where he comes out on the second song.

UndertheWire
12-26-2013, 01:46 PM
Bitter Creek. I love his guitar on this and the harmonies.

(I'd like Outlaw Man, too, so maybe I just want the entire Desperado album)

My Man would be neat, too. Just not Journey of the Sorcerer.

Ive always been a dreamer
12-26-2013, 02:28 PM
Well I went with Twenty-One. My top three Eagles songs by Bernie are My Man, Twenty-One, and Train Leaves Here This Morning. I'm not sure how well My Man would play live, so I went with the more uptempo song. As many of you know, unlike Soda, Earlybird is among my least favorite Eagles songs, so I'll pass on that one.

Brooke
12-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Well, we're all over the place so far! I voted for TLHTM. I like it so much more than I used to. I really like My Man and Twenty-One too. Hard choice!

Freypower
12-26-2013, 05:07 PM
I am sticking with Train Leaves Here This Morning as I have never liked Earlybird & I don't think Twenty-One would work. As for My Man... it's too slow. I like Bitter Creek but not all the 'doo doo doo' stuff at the end.

thelastresort
12-26-2013, 05:39 PM
TLHTM is OK but it's probably not the best he ever did. His two OOTN songs, JOTS and IWYP, both of those are very 'meh' indeed. Earlybird is decent but I'm not super-keen on it, ditto Twenty One, probably the weakest song on Desperado. That leaves Bitter Creek and My Man. On the basis that it would fit in quite well with the tempo of the concert at the point (very slow and acoustic), and that it's not a personal tribute, I'll choose Bitter Creek as the best choice. Though My Man would be a fine inclusion too later on, perhaps after BOML / just before the break.

EaglesKiwi
12-27-2013, 02:02 AM
I loved JOTS but I don't think it would work live. I think it is more of a stand alone. I would love to hear Bitter Creek.

zeldabjr
12-27-2013, 02:22 AM
I'm sticking with Train Leaves Here This Morning...love it...

The Thrill Is Never Gone
12-27-2013, 11:41 PM
I think My Man, Bitter Creek, Twenty One, TLHTM are all awesome songs. Along with JOTS. All of Bernie's songs were great. Those 4 members of the group were great together. They were the best of the bunch.

WalshFan88
12-27-2013, 11:43 PM
I'm sticking with TLHTM - I love it, especially after hearing it live. That said Earlybird wouldn't be bad either.

I kinda wish they'd bring back the old How Long and do it like they used to, a bit less perfected/processed and Bernie on lead and sit on the road cases (I LOVE that.)

sodascouts
12-27-2013, 11:46 PM
I kinda wish they'd bring back the old How Long and do it like they used to, a bit less perfected/processed and Bernie on lead and sit on the road cases (I LOVE that.)

I love that idea, Austin!

The Thrill Is Never Gone
12-28-2013, 12:01 AM
I'm sticking with TLHTM - I love it, especially after hearing it live. That said Earlybird wouldn't be bad either.

Have to agree with you on all of that WalshFan88. The Old How Long was classic. Earlybird would be a great addition.

sad-cafe
12-29-2013, 01:46 PM
I love Bitter Creek

thelastresort
12-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Quick question - what bits of the concert is Bernie actually on stage for? I'm assuming all of the first half post-TLHTM and the encores? (Odd to imagine him doing Hotel California and RMW :|)

VAisForEagleLovers
01-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Quick question - what bits of the concert is Bernie actually on stage for? I'm assuming all of the first half post-TLHTM and the encores? (Odd to imagine him doing Hotel California and RMW :|)

He's on for the entire first set, then the second encore (TIE, RMW, Desperado)