PDA

View Full Version : Joe vs. Jackson Browne in UCR Hall of Fame

VAisForEagleLovers
01-07-2014, 11:04 PM
In round one of the Ultimate Classic Rock Hall of Fame, it's Joe vs. Jackson Browne, which doesn't seem right. However, if you want to vote, here's the link to do so. Voting ends on Jan. 19, and you can vote once a day.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/joe-walsh-vs-jackson-browne/

Brooke
01-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Well, hated to vote against Jackson, but I think Joe is more of a rocker.

Thanks VA!

shunlvswx
01-08-2014, 11:31 AM
It was hard to pick which one, but I had to go with Joe. I'm not really into Jackson's music. I never was.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-08-2014, 01:40 PM
Wow - It's so hard to choose between these two. As VA said, it just doesn't feel right. Anyway, I decided to cheat and not choose at all. My strategy was to vote for both of them on alternate days. But, when I registered my vote, I was shocked at how far ahead Joe is in the poll. I honestly thought it would be very close, but, boy, was I wrong!

Midnight Visitor
01-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Thanks to Eminem & HOTE doc. & tour, it doesn't surprise me at all that Joe is miles ahead. Does Jackson tour anymore? Make music?

Freypower
01-08-2014, 05:37 PM
Thanks to Eminem & HOTE doc. & tour, it doesn't surprise me at all that Joe is miles ahead. Does Jackson tour anymore? Make music?

Jackson still tours although he hasn't released an album for a while; I just think their styles of music are too different for them to be put in a matchup like this. Jackson should have been paired with another 'singer-songwriter' like Springsteen & Joe perhaps with another 'singer-guitarist' like Stevie Ray Vaughn. I am not saying Vaughn has had anywhere near Joe's impact but he was very much admired & it's a more appropriate pairing.

Midnight Visitor
01-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I hear you. To be honest that Classic Rock site is kind of a ridiculous site. I only go to it because they report Joe stuff. Thanks for filling me in on what Jackson is up to.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-08-2014, 07:44 PM
don't consider them the same kinda "rocker"
wonder who picked this match up??

thelastresort
01-08-2014, 08:44 PM
Ah, Ultimate Classic Rock, at it again I see. Not a fan of what they do, pitting similar fans against each other. They did it to my beloved heavy metal too :(

It's like asking to choose between your family members or whatever. We all listen to the Eagles, Jackson Brown, even Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones etc because we love their music (and, for most of you on here, members ;)) We don't need stupid, pointless competitions to gain a victor of some worthless accolade. Music should be about unity, not petty squabbles like 'OMG, Joe Walsh is soooooo much better than Jackson' (that's an impression of Facebook people, not members on here btw ;))

sodascouts
01-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Well, the only reason they do it is to increase traffic to their site by getting fans of the groups to come and vote. It seems to be working!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-20-2014, 06:41 PM
He won against Jackson and is now up against Styx. It says the Eagles will be an entry soon, so we'll have be prepared when that happens! Meanwhile, you can vote for Joe over Styx here (Joe's currently losing, by the way):

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/joe-walsh-vs-styx/

GlennLover
01-20-2014, 07:28 PM
Voted.

Brooke
01-21-2014, 11:09 AM
Voted! Styx is still ahead!

TimothyBFan
01-21-2014, 11:13 AM
I couldn't vote this round. I'm sorry Joe, but I can't vote against you or Styx!